criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Darth Maul Community Quests

Dishonest EA wants to bring microtransactions to SWBF. Great way to alienate fanbase! Very Sad!

Prev13
Alvonator
2510 posts Member
giphy.gif

Seriously. Bad idea. But per usual, fools will purchase them in numbers. So, in the end, good or bad?

Replies

• tumblr_mctoag92mR1rwzsbso1_500.gif
    BTW are you on the Battlefield forums? I saw someone with your name
    You can't spell "steal" without EA

hxed7ph501zd.png
  • y2aMsUK.gif
    _____
  • I wonder who'll be better: In-form Luke Skywalker or Team of the Year Darth Vader

I can't wait to earn some agility training cards to boost Luke's Speed
    "The force is strong with this one."
  • A sad day for the Battlefront franchise. Long story short, if the next game is like this and even contains pay to win s tupid microtranactions then I'll lose interest for the game.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Jarrad wrote: »
    Alvonator wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Seriously. Bad idea. But per usual, fools will purchase them in numbers. So, in the end, good or bad?

Very bad.

EA/DICE have done everything wrong that they could have possible done with Star Wars: Battlefront.

1. They rushed EA Battlefront 1 to release alongside The Force Awakens, which caused them to cancel Singleplayer.

2. They released EA Battlefront 1 with very minimal Multiplayer Content at launch.

3. They decided to basically bring the "other-half" of the game in a Season Pass of $50 dollars (American Currency).

4. They decided to put the DLC in forced playlists.

5. They decided to save face for a lack of Singleplayer with a half-baked Skirmish Mode, but, refused to complete it enough to make it a Substantial Singleplayer/Offline Offering, despite it being heavily requested by many players.

6. They refused to bring Hero Blast, despite it being heavily requested by many players.

7. They ignored and barely communicated with the players on any form of social media and came up with the line, "Well, it could be worse", when asked about the issue.

8. They abandoned the game BARELY after the game's ONE YEAR Anniversary and refuse to add anymore content or support to the game, including not bringing in more patches.

9. They want to make EA Battlefront 2 be about the Sequel Trilogy, which is lacking in content, as only one movie has been released thus far, and not give players the Prequel Trilogy, which has plenty of content and is what a good number players would like to see, in order to cash in on the hype and want to have the game rushed for The Last Jedi.

And now, for the big one......

10. They think that it would be a fantastic idea to add Pay-to-Win Micro-Transactions to the Battlefront Franchise.

Frankly, that's the final nail in the coffin.

I'd rather that the Star Wars: Battlefront Franchise had stayed dead with Pandemic Studios, instead of being rebooted into the travesty/train-wreck/monster that it has now become.

As i said before, maybe Bethesda/ID or Epic or heck even Bungie could have made a great game. DICE the people who have 0 experiance in Sci Fi or Fantasy should have been kept away. They dont know the Star Wars fans and what they want. They just know what their own Battlefield crowd wants, but heck they couldnt even deliver that in SW formate!!
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Very bad.

EA/DICE have done everything wrong that they could have possibly done with Star Wars: Battlefront.

1. They rushed EA Battlefront 1 to release alongside The Force Awakens, which caused them to cancel Singleplayer.

2. They released EA Battlefront 1 with very minimal Multiplayer Content at launch.

3. They decided to basically bring the "other-half" of the game in a Season Pass of $50 dollars (American Currency).

5. They decided to save face for a lack of Singleplayer with a half-baked Skirmish Mode, but, refused to complete it enough to make it a Substantial Singleplayer/Offline Offering, despite it being heavily requested by many players.

6. They refused to bring Hero Blast, despite it being heavily requested by many players.

7. They ignored and barely communicated with the players on any form of social media and came up with the line, "Well, it could be worse", when asked about the issue.

8. They abandoned the game BARELY after the game's ONE YEAR Anniversary and refuse to add anymore content or support to the game, including not bringing in more patches.

9. They want to make EA Battlefront 2 be about the Sequel Trilogy, which is lacking in content, as only one movie has been released thus far, and not give players the Prequel Trilogy, which has plenty of content and is what a good number players would like to see, in order to cash in on the hype and want to have the game rushed for The Last Jedi.

10. They think that it would be a fantastic idea to add Pay-to-Win Micro-Transactions to the Battlefront Franchise.

I'd rather that the Star Wars: Battlefront Franchise had stayed dead with Pandemic Studios, instead of being rebooted into the travesty/train-wreck/monster that it has now become.
    Strogg1980 wrote: »
    Jarrad wrote: »
    Alvonator wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Very bad.

EA/DICE have done everything wrong that they could have possible done with Star Wars: Battlefront.

As i said before, maybe Bethesda/ID or Epic or heck even Bungie could have made a great game. DICE the people who have 0 experiance in Sci Fi or Fantasy should have been kept away. They dont know the Star Wars fans and what they want. They just know what their own Battlefield crowd wants, but heck they couldnt even deliver that in SW formate!!

Agreed.

EA/DICE just can't stop messing up.

• Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    A sad day for the Battlefront franchise. Long story short, if the next game is like this and even contains pay to win s tupid microtranactions then I'll lose interest for the game.

If they add Pay-To-Win Micro-Transactions to the Star Wars: Battlefront Franchise, then, I'm done with it forever.
  • Strogg1980
    2559 posts Member
    edited March 2017
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    edited March 2017
  • Strogg1980
    2559 posts Member

god Id love a Witcher 3 quality game as either a Jedi or Sith (player choice). that would be INCREDIBLE
  • Wait when did they say they were doing micro transactions and for what?
    rWnfFLl.gif
  • Jett_Fett_91166
    3476 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    How much for the lag, or is that the only free EA item left?

If this play to win is true then, Mom-ma, put my blasters in the ground. I can't use them anymore.

No big deal, I mean it's only Star Wars.

I d i o t s!
    #StarWars-y
  • ABANDON SHIP
    200w.gif
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    Wait when did they say they were doing micro transactions and for what?

Here's the article gathered and posted by @leftweet:

http://www.swgameoutpost.com/2017/03/02/ea-fifas-ultimate-team-battlefront/

So, it looks like CFO Blake Jorgensen is planning on bringing micro transactions to Battlefield and Battlefront.

Perhaps, EA/DICE will want to introduce micro transactions into EA Battlefront 2.

But I sure hope not.
  • giphy.gif

A few years ago some hackers stole FIFA coins from EA's servers. They then re-sold the coins in Europe and Asia netting themselves millions of dollars. It would be karmic retribution if EA gets robbed again.
  • bfloo
    14971 posts Member
    It just baffles me that people spend $60 -$100 for a game, then spend more for things that should be included to begin with.

Playing to unlock everything you want is the fun part.

This was the 1st game I bought a season pass for, though I would have skipped it if I looked into it and saw the forced playlist system.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Strogg1980
    2559 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    It just baffles me that people spend $60 -$100 for a game, then spend more for things that should be included to begin with.

Playing to unlock everything you want is the fun part.

This was the 1st game I bought a season pass for, though I would have skipped it if I looked into it and saw the forced playlist system.

yeah because those aren't gamers, people who buy 4,5 FPS games and their season passes each year and keep the crap system we have for FPS games intact, they are symptoms of a disease, people jumping on a trend because its "in" right now....we need to light the Metaphorical Halo rings of gaming, purge these heretics so the Great Journey to Better FPS games can truly begin
  • The Dark Age of gaming is upon us and EA's the Bubonic Plague.
    luke.png
  • theWolf
    290 posts Member
    So you want to play the game : You have to pay

So you want this Skin : You have to pay

So you want this blaster: You have to pay

So you want the new map : You have to pay

So you want to get :trollface: : You must own the game, but first you have to pay
  • bfloo
    14971 posts Member
    The only way to stop them from doing this is to boycott EA products going forward.

h846398gb27k.png

• Strogg1980
    2559 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    The only way to stop them from doing this is to boycott EA products going forward.

Sadly,i agree. I wanted Mass Effect Andromeda but....idk now if I should even buy it, nothing against Bioware (aside from that racist game developer) but that EA stamp on there now...
  • Le sigh. Microtransactions. Oh I'm sure that will have no impact on gameplay, especially multiplayer.
  • As long as it doesn't affect weapon loadouts for multiplayer, it's fine. If it's a FUT-style 'get ultimate OHK weapon in a randomised crate' that you can use in regular pvp, I'll start getting angry. If it's randomised emotes, skins and character customisation, go for it. If it's a non-randomised 'buy Boba Fett and Ackbar for $5', go for it. Anything that means you get to make a complete game without DLC playlists.

Do not add PTW weapons. The Senate has spoken.
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    As long as it doesn't affect weapon loadouts for multiplayer, it's fine. If it's a FUT-style 'get ultimate OHK weapon in a randomised crate' that you can use in regular pvp, I'll start getting angry. If it's randomised emotes, skins and character customisation, go for it. If it's a non-randomised 'buy Boba Fett and Ackbar for $5', go for it. Anything that means you get to make a complete game without DLC playlists.

That's how it's going to be done.

With Micro transactions, you'll be looking at the following:

Old EA Gaming Model:

Base Game: $60 dollars

Season Pass: $50 dollars

But, now, with the New EA Gaming Model of Micro transactions, you'll have:

Weapons: $ Any dollars

Star Cards: $ Any dollars

Character Skins: $ Any dollars

And, also, aside from now having to buy every new weapon, star card, and character skin released with the new Micro transaction System, you'll have to replenish/recharge those star cards with Micro transactions as well, i.e. personal shield amount replenish: $ any dollars/ explosive shot amount replenish: $ any dollars, etc.

Just wait for it, it's coming.

Rather than just getting new weapons, star cards, and character skins in game, you'll have to buy them separately with micro transactions, along with buying just the base game and the season pass for just the maps, heroes, and vehicles.

Also, rather than spending in game credits to replenish these star cards charges, like replenish personal shield or explosive shot, you'll also have to spend real world money and pay to replenish them with Micro transactions.

Just boycott EA to stop all of this.
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    As long as it doesn't affect weapon loadouts for multiplayer, it's fine. If it's a FUT-style 'get ultimate OHK weapon in a randomised crate' that you can use in regular pvp, I'll start getting angry. If it's randomised emotes, skins and character customisation, go for it. If it's a non-randomised 'buy Boba Fett and Ackbar for $5', go for it. Anything that means you get to make a complete game without DLC playlists.

Why not? We already got the Scatter Gun from The Clone Wars and Republic Commando.

Dioxis was also something introduced in The Phantom Menace.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Dallows
    50 posts Member

Why not? We already got the Scatter Gun from The Clone Wars and Republic Commando.

"Pay to Win," not "prequel trilogy"
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    Dallows wrote: »

"Pay to Win," not "prequel trilogy"

My bad. :D
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
    ...Also, rather than spending in game credits to replenish these star cards charges, like replenish personal shield or explosive shot, you'll also have to spend real world money and pay to replenish them with Micro transactions.

My God I hadn't even thought of that. That's the kind of slap in the face I would avoid purchasing the game over.
  • DarthBatman42
    547 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Why is everyone panicking? Where is proof that EA is considering this?
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    ...Also, rather than spending in game credits to replenish these star cards charges, like replenish personal shield or explosive shot, you'll also have to spend real world money and pay to replenish them with Micro transactions.

My God I hadn't even thought of that. That's the kind of slap in the face I would avoid purchasing the game over.

That's how they'll do it.

Aside from EA/DICE just charging you to buy additional emotes, character skins, weapons, and star cards with micro transactions, they'll do that as well.

Things like Adrenaline Stim, Personal Shield, Explosive Shot, Scan Pulse, Ion Shot, Focus Fire, Cooling Cell, etc., will be depleted after each use and to replenish these star cards, you'll have to use real world money costing $X amount of dollars, rather than using in game credits to restock those star cards and others just like it.

That will be the death of the EA Battlefront Franchise for many if they do that.

• Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • hopefully they won't do what Raven/Activision did with Modern Warfare Remastered.

after this community response and threat of boycott, they'll possibly not add this to the base game but instead add it later down the line once all those who would only by the game without microtransactions have a copy.

Then Boom, a couple of patches into the game, sudden gambling based crate drop system appears.
  • Billiam301 wrote: »
    hopefully they won't do what Raven/Activision did with Modern Warfare Remastered.

after this community response and threat of boycott, they'll possibly not add this to the base game but instead add it later down the line once all those who would only by the game without microtransactions have a copy.

Then Boom, a couple of patches into the game, sudden gambling based crate drop system appears.

So kind of like the booster packs they add for both Battlefield and Battlefront?
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif

That's how they'll do it.

Aside from EA/DICE just charging you to buy additional emotes, character skins, weapons, and star cards with micro transactions, they'll do that as well.

Things like Adrenaline Stim, Personal Shield, Explosive Shot, Scan Pulse, Ion Shot, Focus Fire, Cooling Cell, etc., will be depleted after each use and to replenish these star cards, you'll have to use real world money costing $X amount of dollars, rather than using in game credits to restock those star cards and others just like it.

That will be the death of the EA Battlefront Franchise for many if they do that.

If that happens, wow. It's all speculation at this point obviously, and as far as I remember the crates you get in Battlefield are only cosmetic right? Maybe the FUT style game will be separate as it is in FIFA. 'Build your own Jedi'. They might surprise us.

If they do microtransactions fairly, I'm down. Said this all along, they want to make money with their business model and that's fair, games have been around $60 for over 20 years now, the alternative to DLC would be $100 base games. I get it. If integrating the new maps means that they sell emotes and skins, heroes, ships etc then that's worth it for me. But if they go down the route you're suggesting, I dunno. Wow. That's a low that'd make BF1 look great, and the point I start raging and making every gamer I know aware of it.
  • Billiam301 wrote: »
    hopefully they won't do what Raven/Activision did with Modern Warfare Remastered.

So kind of like the booster packs they add for both Battlefield and Battlefront?

Kind of, although a randomised crate drop system is much worse than a timesaver pack imo

The deception is the worst thing about it really; pretending a system that the community doesn't want isn't there to lure people in only to suddenly release it once everyone feels safe from it
  • yodajedifishmaster
    1361 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    i hope ea sees these threads. i have fifa 16 and fifa 17 and i NEVER played FUT in them. i do not see how it could work in a FPS let alone battlefront. i barely played the browser game here which i forget what its called even. if they did implement FUT and there were enough elements in the next game for me to buy it, then i would STILL not play FUT mode. im not interested. i played FIFA for 15 years and never been interested in FUT. i bought the PC version for the journey and career mode. im not into online FIFA at all. i would play mp in next battlefront assuming i find it value for money. but i think adding it to star wars would be a huge gamble which will back fire. it will tarnish the image more than abandoning this game half finished did.

george lucas said when making the prequels 'it is possible to kill these things' and EA with this game have shot star wars but the wound is recoverable. FUT mode would be a bo-rifle melee attack on the battlefront franchise and a far more critical wound to the star wars reputation.
    invalid brain token

Old EA Gaming Model:

And, also, aside from now having to buy every new weapon, star card, and character skin released with the new Micro transaction System, you'll have to replenish/recharge those star cards with Micro transactions as well, i.e. personal shield amount replenish: $ any dollars/ explosive shot amount replenish: $ any dollars, etc.

Rather than just getting new weapons, star cards, and character skins in game, you'll have to buy them separately with micro transactions, along with buying just the base game and the season pass for just the maps, heroes, and vehicles.

Also, rather than spending in game credits to replenish these star cards charges, like replenish personal shield or explosive shot, you'll also have to spend real world money and pay to replenish them with Micro transactions.

So does that mean we will be running around naked hitting each other with sticks and stones in the base game? Seems a little rich.
    #StarWars-y
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member

Old EA Gaming Model:

So does that mean we will be running around naked hitting each other with sticks and stones in the base game? Seems a little rich.

No.

EA/DICE will give you some weapons, emotes, character skins, and star cards, but hardly any, perhaps a handful of each.

But, if you want more, particularly a substantial amount, you'll have to buy them through Micro Transactions.

Other than that, at the most extreme level, EA/DICE will most likely make you pay $X Amount of Dollars to replenish/restock used star cards, such as Adrenaline Stim, Personal Shield, Cooling Cell, Explosive Shot, etc., where, when the player uses the supply all up, they'll have to then go in and buy more, rather than using In Game Credits, like in this game.

How else do you think they'll implement Micro Transactions?

You might laugh it off now and think nothing other it, but you certainly will not feel that way later.

Considering that over $800 million dollars were made from FIFA with the use of Micro Transactions, EA/DICE will certainly try it here, with Battlefield and Battlefront.

• I already know I won't buy BF2 new and only might buy it used, but EA is talking about implementing this slowly. I'm not here to defend micro transactions, but EA has always had the motto, "If it isn't making dollars then it isn't making sense" so I'm not surprised by this news.

However, with them implementing it slowly I have a feeling with BF2 you won't see micro transactions at all until DLCs start coming out. Then you'll see micro transactions for skins and emotes. They might try to do this with weapons and ammo too, but I think the negative feedback might make them play it small and safe. Only skins and emotes is an eye roller, but not too offensive.
  • If they do bring in micro transactions, they will have successfully dropped to an even lower level of scum than they already have. I must have missed something though, where did they confirm/suggest the use of micro transactions?
    All I am surrounded by is fear... and dead men.
  • A lot of people have posted links and The Know posted a video on YouTube talking about it, but basically in an EA meeting the CFO told all employees that they make around 800 million dollars on micro transactions for FIFA games a year and he wants to start slowly implementing it in Battlefront and Battlefield.

No.

EA/DICE will give you some weapons, emotes, character skins, and star cards, but hardly any, perhaps a handful of each.

But, if you want more, particularly a substantial amount, you'll have to buy them through Micro Transactions.

Other than that, at the most extreme level, EA/DICE will most likely make you pay $X Amount of Dollars to replenish/restock used star cards, such as Adrenaline Stim, Personal Shield, Cooling Cell, Explosive Shot, etc., where, when the player uses the supply all up, they'll have to then go in and buy more, rather than using In Game Credits, like in this game.

How else do you think they'll implement Micro Transactions?

You might laugh it off now and think nothing other it, but you certainly will not feel that way later.

Considering that over $800 million dollars were made from FIFA with the use of Micro Transactions, EA/DICE will certainly try it here, with Battlefield and Battlefront.

Humor is a defense mechanism.

Also, EA isn't going to make me do something I don't want to do. If they decide to add micro transactions, then I'll play SWBF, faults and all, until the hamster running the server goes Porkins, but I'll likely pass on SWBF II. The only thing that would sway my decision would be the depth and breadth of the SWBF II off-line content, where I'm not relying on a server, DLCs or other players for a great Star Wars experience.

I was one of the first people to play Pong and have seen everything that has transpired since the birth of video games and I think what my grandfather said is the very best description for arcade/video games.

He said "They are bandits that take your time and money." But then he'd smile and give me another quarter.

That statement is as true today as when he said it to me over 40 years ago.
    #StarWars-y
  • A lot of people have posted links and The Know posted a video on YouTube talking about it, but basically in an EA meeting the CFO told all employees that they make around 800 million dollars on micro transactions for FIFA games a year and he wants to start slowly implementing it in Battlefront and Battlefield.

Ah, right, Well that just sucks tremendously
    All I am surrounded by is fear... and dead men.
  • theWolf
    290 posts Member
    Im calling Pandemic Studios, please save us
  • Xantos
    2385 posts Member
    theWolf wrote: »

They are dismantled.
    "Only 10% of our playerbase played old Battlefronts, so we are going to do a Battlefront, which is not a Battlefront" -Dice 2017
  • bfloo
    14971 posts Member
    Strictly as a guess, why do I see this being how they do hero blast?

It wouldn't be balanced if we got it now, it would never be a level playing field this way.

h846398gb27k.png

• theWolf
    290 posts Member
    Xantos wrote: »

They are dismantled.

But we need them
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Xantos wrote: »

They are dismantled.

They were dismantled by EA, of all people, back in 2009.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!