criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Better Damage System When Piloting Starfighters

I haven't played a video game that's so "all of nothing" when taking damage when hitting objects in a video game since the 80s.

I'll spell it out - flying the trench run at full heath, you barely scrape the bottom of your X-wing and you lose 100 health. You're flying in Cloud City and you touch a small portion of a hanging antenna...you guessed it - you lose 100 health. Lame.

However, if you can hit an opponent's starship head on and and do varying degrees of low damage, typically 5-20. Why couldn't this have been implemented for getting object, small parts of a starship or space debris?

Please make this happen in BF2.

Replies

• bfloo
    14009 posts Member
    I haven't played a video game that's so "all of nothing" when taking damage when hitting objects in a video game since the 80s.

I'll spell it out - flying the trench run at full heath, you barely scrape the bottom of your X-wing and you lose 100 health. You're flying in Cloud City and you touch a small portion of a hanging antenna...you guessed it - you lose 100 health. Lame.

However, if you can hit an opponent's starship head on and and do varying degrees of low damage, typically 5-20. Why couldn't this have been implemented for getting object, small parts of a starship or space debris?

Please make this happen in BF2.

It used to be full damage when fighters collided. FS should have been called kamikaze strike at the time.

Even the ai x wings would just act like a battering ram.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    yea really annoying when i run into a 3 meter wide rock and lose 100 health
  • Yesterday in Battlefield I managed to land a fighter and only lost 70 health. Would love damage to be revamped
    You can't spell "steal" without EA

hxed7ph501zd.png
  • Trooper8059
    10197 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Let's also change the damage system of the fighters.

It's accelerate to attack speed, not slow down to attack speed.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • I agree. When Lando bumped the ceiling with the falcon in the second Death Star it didn't blow up, it just lost a radar dish
    Official member of The Second Hand Club™

Proceed with the countdown!

giphy.gif
  • Battlefield does it fairly well. Even allowing you to land planes and damage certain parts to affect maneuverability in certain ways.