criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

The BAD LOSERS

What I want to say in this topic is that a big part of the Star Wars Battlefront Community are very, very BAD losers. And with this I just want to say that if you are a good player and you are doing good, they spam to you in the chat: "cheater", **** you", "I have reported you, bye bye", etc etc. And you know spamming is spamming, they constantly send you aggresive messages and you are really annoyed. That sucks and if you report them EA and DICE won´t ban them for any time. A good example is what happened with Tesko249, he is a legend in the game and in some of his videos he shows you how a lot of people call him cheater ...... (EA and DICE also banned him unfairly, now Tesko is back, but I don´t want to start 2 topics here, I have enough with this). I hope that in the next Battlefront this will be fixed in some way. Because those people not only spam you annoying messages, they also do that even after the teams re-mixing (when they are in your team) and I have been annoyed by some stupid people that sent those bad messages, got to my team (because of the team-balancing mixing after each match) and thet annoy your gameplay. Finally you change lobby and all that but I think this is not fair. Seems that you can´t play well because lots of bad loser noobs will bully you in the chat and try to **** (annoy) your gamepley even when they change to our team. EA/DICE do something, pleassssseeeeeeeeeee...........

Replies

• Ok I guess...

And from what I've seen tesko is an exploiter
    Official member of The Second Hand Club™

Proceed with the countdown!

giphy.gif
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7330 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Lol whatever. Most toxic community is LoL. The problem with BF is that the cheaters will not be punished and on PC were many many cheaters.
    The kids or adults who are crying in the chat are really annoying. Normally they rage quit after a few matches.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Ahsoka_Tano
    7330 posts Member
    edited March 2017

And from what I've seen tesko is an exploiter

Yes. I think the bans against exploiders are ok as well.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• 2000sGuy
    5823 posts Member
    Can't you just block them from messaging you if you're on console? That's what I do. Some scrub will send me a message after they emote kill me and I just block them.
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Alvonator
    2510 posts Member
    Tesko exploited bugs, not only for show, but to his advantage. That is cheated. And that is agaisnt EA policy. He deserved that ban.
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    What exploits did tesko use?
  • bfloo
    13328 posts Member
    Just target the ones spamming you in chat, and if they are on your team make sure to jump in front of them every time they fire. Add the laugh emote and laugh as they go crazy.
    Trolling trolls is fun
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Alvonator
    2510 posts Member
    Jrob122 wrote: »
    What exploits did tesko use?

For example, he went inside mountains and walls, then picking off players as easy kills
  • Lol whatever. Most toxic community is LoL.

I keep hearing that yet i barely ever see it.
    It could be because for years i was playing normal matches and only recently did i start playing ranked, in the bronze category, so is this something that happens in higher ladders ?
  • problem is that, servers are so laggy some people mistake that for cheating. people dont take account of how much difference using a gaming mouse 1000dpi over standard 150dpi can make on accuracy and mistake that for aimbotting. clans are just assumed to be cheating because some of them do and the rest are so good you cant easily tell they are not.

once you know how to spot it, you can tell the cheats, after a map or two.

but the biggest problem is social engineering. we had whole generations here brought up in school by well meaning but foolish teachers who the thought of any child being disappointed was so painful and damaging to that child that there should be no losers. they tried to stamp out any competitive sports from lessons for example. school sports days became more about parents competing and children showing off. and as a result many many young kids these days dont even know how to lose. so when they DO lose its a shock, they arent used to it, and they dont like it and the easiest way to shrug it off instead of accept they were not good enough this game is to scream 'Cheater!' at every loss.

pro sportsmen and women KNOW you cannot always win. thats not to say you should not try, just that you have to know when you have lost and when to stop trying and save yourself for next time (that doesnt mean quitting - it means playing smarter and learning how the other team are better than you before the end of the game you are going to lose; and figure out how you are going to change how you play to beat them.)

unfortunately while pro sports players have always known that both sides play to win and so sometimes you lose, most kids are having to learn this all at once. its painful to them. they dont know how to deal with it emotionally. so you get rage quitting and they are obsessed with meaningless stats like KD as if it proves something. it doesnt.

its only after they been an adult for 20 years maybe that they will learn whats really important when playing is to have fun and not stress about it if you happen to lose, and quit but to say well done to the other team and then show up all the weaknesses you just figured out to win the next one. or not. so long as im enjoying it i dont care. but i have 6 decades of experience to have learned that.
    invalid brain token
  • CS2107
    1961 posts Member
    I think it is funny when they call me a cheater... I normally ask them what kind of cheats or hacks I use. Telling them the difference between aim and aimbot. Or between headshot and damage hacks... Can be quite fun to destroy their arguments.
    My favourite situation: Me playing Boba Fett in HvV. Most people think he is so weak that he is no match for them and than they call me hacker if I show them that Boba is deadly dangerous when played right. Also if they get too annoying I warn them that I could also use bossk to destroy them, which would be way more painful and fast. "Time to hunt"
  • but the biggest problem is social engineering. we had whole generations here brought up in school by well meaning but foolish teachers who the thought of any child being disappointed was so painful and damaging to that child that there should be no losers. they tried to stamp out any competitive sports from lessons for example. school sports days became more about parents competing and children showing off. and as a result many many young kids these days dont even know how to lose. so when they DO lose its a shock, they arent used to it, and they dont like it and the easiest way to shrug it off instead of accept they were not good enough this game is to scream 'Cheater!' at every loss.

pro sportsmen and women KNOW you cannot always win. thats not to say you should not try, just that you have to know when you have lost and when to stop trying and save yourself for next time (that doesnt mean quitting - it means playing smarter and learning how the other team are better than you before the end of the game you are going to lose; and figure out how you are going to change how you play to beat them.)

unfortunately while pro sports players have always known that both sides play to win and so sometimes you lose, most kids are having to learn this all at once. its painful to them. they dont know how to deal with it emotionally. so you get rage quitting and they are obsessed with meaningless stats like KD as if it proves something. it doesnt.

its only after they been an adult for 20 years maybe that they will learn whats really important when playing is to have fun and not stress about it if you happen to lose, and quit but to say well done to the other team and then show up all the weaknesses you just figured out to win the next one. or not. so long as im enjoying it i dont care. but i have 6 decades of experience to have learned that.

Check your assumptions at the door my friend...

I am sympathetic to some parts of your message, but to blame "social engineering" and teachers when most of the lessons you're referring to are taught (or neglected) by parents seems a bit narrow minded to me. Encouragement is important because learning involves failure, and discouragement from failure is something to which young children are particularly susceptible. On the other hand, as you suggest, eventually we all must learn perseverance in the face of adversity if we are going to grow and improve. The problem with BF (and many other online games, I suspect) is that its extremely difficult to discern if you're truly playing on an even field most of the time. My son and I play the game together (PS4, so blessedly fewer actual cheaters, but there's still lag, glitch exploiters and other bad sportsmanship) and I find it extremely difficult to balance my desire to not put up with the frustrations introduced by the game's poor matchmaking, insufficient latency parameters and other imbalances that put me in no-win situations over and over again with my need to demonstrate to him that the solution to encountering adversity is not to quit. But the desire to achieve that balance is tested often in this game, even on the console side, so I truly pity any immature souls trying to learn it on the PC side. As you say, its a game - people play it with the expectation of fun and its hard for anyone to accept losing as fun. But don't go blaming their failings on narrow minded ideas of "social engineering" and "foolish teachers", because that just makes it sound like you've been indulging to too much Fox news punditry.
  • MrAngryBates
    86 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    The solution to encountering inherent adversity over and over and over again is actually to QUIT and UNINSTALL! The thing is, DICE failed on their side with this game (and BF1 again to some extend). As you mentioned, it's a combination of bad game design and broken core mechanics. As a result, this game is NOT fun, but all frustrating to me. I tried to give a second chance after a year or so, but ultimately will resign. And I will probably never come back to any new DICE Fps game as long as they go this way.
  • The solution to encountering inherent adversity over and over and over again is actually to QUIT and UNINSTALL! The thing is, DICE failed on their side with this game (and BF1 again to some extend). As you mentioned, it's a combination of bad game design and broken core mechanics. As a result, this game is NOT fun, but all frustrating to me. I tried to give a second chance after a year or so, but ultimately will resign. And I will probably never come back to any new DICE Fps game as long as they go this way.

Typical for company to do ESPECIALLY when partnering with EA. They're LACK of military tactics and proper deployment of weapon systems cost them. I broke a promise of getting another online game where EA is involved. NOT again.
  • There will ALWAYS be BAD losers. People hate to lose: human nature. But, companies add fuel to the fire by nurfing equipment because TOO many whiners get killed by them.