criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Small things that make a difference

This game lacked some of the finer details that just make a game better.
So in the next one I think they should add these small but cool things

Be able to land a x wing, etc
Add what our think they should add (think BF1 as it has a lot of good small details)
rWnfFLl.gif

Replies

• thiago2103 wrote: »
    Lets just get depressed to know this game got cancelled just so EA could launch their shallow little game :tired_face:

Oh my God I know! After watching this I was so dam angry that EA Couldn't just follow the battlefront formula and do it right. I do enjoy the new Battlefront but I mean c'mon! I agree completely OP.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good forum post kid.
  • What's from the scenes from that crappy elite squadron game? At least I think that's what the title was.
  • There are a lot of little things (even smaller than u suggest) in BF that would make the game much better if they were changed such as:
    -More balancing
    -Many star cards need more mechanics, like the scout binoculars need to award points for spotted enemies and/or assists
  • If we're talking about small/petty details then I'd love to add my whining to the mix.

- Get rid of the "Han Solo" pose used for Blaster Pistols on regular players. Reserve it for the two Scoundrels.

- Include the ability to lower your weapons. Even if it's like Hardline where you have to stop shooting/aiming for a good 15 seconds, that'd be good for cinematic makers.

- Recast Krennic and Jyn's voice actors and rewrite their dialogue. None of it matches their characters in the film (that's what happens when you release the DLC before it comes out).

- Customization should be asymmetrically "balanced". i.e. Rebels get to choose every fine detail (species, uniform and gender) about their character while Imperials should get their uniforms based on their loadout and only have minor details be selectable (armour damage, gender and markings).
    We're finally getting the High Ground man! Wooooooooo!
  • Detail wise right? I don't think this Battlefront captured that sense of being a small part of a larger battle. The ambience just isn't there.

Strange, considering DICE knows exactly what they should do, as they've done it before!

For example, in CQC maps in BF3, like Operation Metro, one can identify multiple events occurring in the background, indicating that your small group is part of a larger operation, with the reduced amount of chaos being made up through background noise and events. The only case where this applies to Battlefront, is with Jakku and the occasional vanilla map event.

A small detail that adds a lot.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    There are a lot of little things (even smaller than u suggest) in BF that would make the game much better if they were changed such as:
    -More balancing
    -Many star cards need more mechanics, like the scout binoculars need to award points for spotted enemies and/or assists

Classes would make gadgets like scout binoculars more viable. Take bf1. No one would use the periscope or flair gun if the scout class did not exist.
  • I'd want standard shooter mechanics. Aiming down sights gives you better accuracy. Crouching and prone (I'd want prone) gives better accuracy, and using a bipod gives better accuracy. Jumping while shooting should decrease accuracy.

Space vehicles should have roll controls back and no aim-assist lock-on for blasters. missiles are fine.
  • 2000sGuy
    5843 posts Member
    Being able to holster your blaster
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Little things sound wonderful, but only after you've gotten the big things right. Look at what happened with this (under resourced) game (with overly aggressive launch & DLC timelines) - looks beautiful down to the last detail, but as a result not enough attention was paid to all the other things that matter during actual gameplay. As a result we get a long list of game balancing issues (poor spawn locations, bad lag or detrimental latency compensation, poor team balance, a myriad of glitches & their exploits, star card balance problems) and a never ending cry of how limited, linear and small the game modes are. I think most would benefit from improving & expanding more basic elements of the game before the developer resources become focused on giving you little things that you barely notice after you've experienced them the first half-dozen times.
  • Just use BF II (2005) as a role model for success.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png