criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

EAs Battlefront maps in EAs Battlefront 2

We Need to see all the maps of EAs BF in BF 2 again because the playerbase of the first on is decraesing and we won't see any more new Skimish maps added. But the maps of this game are so beautifully detailed and even from a marketing standpoint it would be smart to preserve these maps:
1. They could be easily and cost efficiently brought to the next game.
2. EA could Claim just by that, that the new game has 30 more maps.
3. A lot of fans of the fans of hte first Battlefront (yes, there are fans of EAs Battlefront) would be really glad and the positive message about EA listening to it's customers would spread fast.

Replies

• The CQC maps, definitely. I think the consensus for larger maps leans towards new non-linear modes, but no reason we can't expect a few old cargo and HvV maps. I'd be sad to see the end of Rebel Depot.
  • I don't want to see any maps in the next game again. I was playing the same 7 large maps again and again...
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• thiago2103 wrote: »
    NO

This would leave no room for improvements , these shallow standards maps/gamde modes can burn with this game (except HvV)

Disagree here, if we get a solid, worthy amount of new content in the base game, and regular (freely playable) new maps, I don't see why some of these maps shouldn't appear as community challenges or something further down the line. A few of the CQC maps are great, would be a great shame to lose them.
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7330 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    thiago2103 wrote: »
    NO

This would leave no room for improvements , these shallow standards maps/gamde modes can burn with this game (except HvV)

Disagree here, if we get a solid, worthy amount of new content in the base game, and regular (freely playable) new maps, I don't see why some of these maps shouldn't appear as community challenges or something further down the line. A few of the CQC maps are great, would be a great shame to lose them.

I don't care about CQC maps, I only play large maps and playing 2 years long the same 7 maps is boring, I don't wanna see them again.
    Also the maps design, structure and terrains needs a lot of rework. They can better create new maps.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• thiago2103 wrote: »
    NO

I don't care about CQC maps, I only play large maps and playing 2 years long the same 7 maps is boring, I don't wanna see them again...

I'm down with that, it's one of the reasons I play so much CQC when I used to play Supremacy and WA a lot more.
  • bfloo
    13328 posts Member
    NO

I don't care about CQC maps, I only play large maps and playing 2 years long the same 7 maps is boring, I don't wanna see them again...

I'm down with that, it's one of the reasons I play so much CQC when I used to play Supremacy and WA a lot more.

I always found the CQC firefights more fun.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• No. Scrap all of them. If they must be added in, DICE can remaster them to fit the hopefully bigger and better Battlefront sequel.. Adding in the same maps doesn't solve any of the issues such as poor map design, no vehicle spawns, no intuitive map, awful clipping, linear design, etc.
  • Alvonator
    2510 posts Member
    Like @SAmulticore said.

Include most of the current CQC maps, but scrap all the large mode maps, as they are very linear.

Linerar maps cause poor spawning, difficulty in attempting to PTFO, and most importantly, are a direct cause to Spawntrapping which is very common in this game.

For me, new open maps would be the best course of action.
  • CS2107
    1961 posts Member
    NO

I think Walker Assault and Extraction are quite fun too. I hope they'll keep the Outer Rim maps, as those were so good. Hope to see this return.
  • I don't want the CQC maps if it gives DICE a reason to not redo all the DLCs
    Official member of The Second Hand Club™

Proceed with the countdown!

giphy.gif
  • definitely bring back the smaller maps, even now I can't find games in the admin's palace, carbon freezing chambers or any of the outer rim maps and it'd be a shame to see them all disappear forever

as for larger maps, scrap them, create maps that use a different and less linear formula etc. All but one of the large maps are available in skirmish anyway
    "The force is strong with this one."
  • CS2107
    1961 posts Member
    I don't want the CQC maps if it gives DICE a reason to not redo all the DLCs

Yep ...

Biggest battle station in the galaxy ... 3 tiny generic maps

NAILED IT

They could however as an extra put all those 3 maps together and make them one big map. Same with the scarif maps or Bespin maps.
  • JMaster
    2076 posts Member
    We Need to see all the maps of EAs BF in BF 2 again because the playerbase of the first on is decraesing and we won't see any more new Skimish maps added. But the maps of this game are so beautifully detailed and even from a marketing standpoint it would be smart to preserve these maps:
    1. They could be easily and cost efficiently brought to the next game.
    2. EA could Claim just by that, that the new game has 30 more maps.
    3. A lot of fans of the fans of hte first Battlefront (yes, there are fans of EAs Battlefront) would be really glad and the positive message about EA listening to it's customers would spread fast.
    Absolutely, that always bugs me with sequels to big name multiplayer games, when they have a lot of maps that took a lot of work, and that I enjoy... only to never see them again, and not to able the play them since the server for the first game went down. Could they handle them or change them just a little bit? Sure, for example...
    CS2107 wrote: »
    I don't want the CQC maps if it gives DICE a reason to not redo all the DLCs

Yep ...

Biggest battle station in the galaxy ... 3 tiny generic maps

NAILED IT

They could however as an extra put all those 3 maps together and make them one big map. Same with the scarif maps or Bespin maps.
    This, I've always thought this, and it would allow us to play Supremacy/TP on a large CQ map. So, even if they add to or change up some of these maps, I would be disappointed not to see them. The cold, dark confines of the Carbonite Freezing Chambers... the hazards of Jabba's Palace... the dogfights in the Trenches of the Death Star... the sheer beauty and majesty of Endor... I NEED these for it to be Star Wars. I want new maps, but those should be here to stay.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    I also definitely would like to see EA Battlefront 1 maps make a comeback in EA Battlefront 2.

Definitely, in Skirmish, but also in Multiplayer as well, if possible.
  • You can surely improve them based on the gazillions of feedback and keep them with improved gameplay mechanics etc etc so much Keeping them does not mean delivering less on new maps of course.