criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Battle Point Event Heroes Unleashed

Improve The Party System

johnny_mercury
4161 posts Member
edited March 2017
I can't believe you folks at DICE thought "We'll let players party up through the Playstation chat, and be able to communicate, but we won't give that option to anyone else". This is asinine as well as counter to the whole "team-based" shooter concept.

For the next game offer optional chat for everyone. Optional means this if you don't want to participate or listen, simply mute that feature. It works well in other games.

I play in several different parties, ranging from players parting up with no chat to ones where there's real time strategy going on. At times, with the latter at time, winning is so easy it becomes boring and I leave. On the flip side, playing against a party is frustrating because, if they're even decant, the sheer coordinator factor is a big advantage.

If there's something contractual with Disney/Lucasfilm that prevents integrating in-game chat, then highlight parties and partners on the scoreboard so players will know what they're getting into.

Replies

• If your a good player and you make or of them angry, the whole enemy party will end up hunting you. This is a major annoyance in small game modes especially. Stupi d stuff like that is just one of the things that stopped me from enjoying this game, haven't touched it in weeks.
  • post-50117-star-wars-party-hard-gif-Imgur-ek2n.gif
  • post-50117-star-wars-party-hard-gif-Imgur-ek2n.gif

1- quality meme/Gif
    2- that Gif frustrates me, they could easily just cut each other in half right there and then.
  • Also, make the party system work so that I can go in with a full group on whatever mode I want.

Team sizes should be limited to a full party amount at the bare minimum.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Old_fella_1963
    4697 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    The party should match to parties- there is NOTHING worse than a Clan / Bunch of kids / Man-children partying up in 6v6 or 8v8 against individuals
  • bfloo
    15516 posts Member
    We wont get in game chat unless they give up the T rating.

I'd be shocked if we got an M rated game that would allow it.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

Online interactions are not ESRB rated, only story content, so that wouldn't apply.
  • bfloo
    15516 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

Online interactions are not ESRB rated, only story content, so that wouldn't apply.

There is a rule somewhere, that M rating is needed for in game chat. Need to protect the lil kiddies who are worse then the rest of us combined in in voice chat.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »

There is a rule somewhere, that M rating is needed for in game chat. Need to protect the lil kiddies who are worse then the rest of us combined in in voice chat.

Uncharted 4 is rated T and the multiplayer has open in-game chat. The ESRB site says they do not rate online interactions. I think it was most likely a decision not to have it or they wanted to test the waters to see how it worked. I feel they did a lot of experimenting at the expense of the game.