criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Why?

So last night I am playing extraction on Bespin and take up a position with a blaster cannon to cover a door where most imps are coming out of. A team mate then stands in front on the blaster shooting at me! Then he decided to stand next to me on pop up personal shield over me? Just wondering why? I was playing the objective!

Replies

• because hes probably pre-pubescent and has nothing better to do.
  • Corndog75 wrote: »
    So last night I am playing extraction on Bespin and take up a position with a blaster cannon to cover a door where most imps are coming out of. A team mate then stands in front on the blaster shooting at me! Then he decided to stand next to me on pop up personal shield over me? Just wondering why? I was playing the objective!

Maybe because you were playing Extraction while everyone else was playing Sabotage.
  • Corndog75 wrote: »

Maybe because you were playing Extraction while everyone else was playing Sabotage.

Pretty sure it was extraction but I had been playing for three hours so may have got games confused. either way the question still stands.
  • because hes probably pre-pubescent and has nothing better to do.

:D Probably. Maybe he wanted to use the cannot himself.
  • If it was on Bespin then it's impossible to be Extraction...
  • I wouldn't worry about it - had it done to me as well, I've a number of favourite Blaster Cannon sites across all modes which if I can get in position can help to delay the advance of the opposition for a while. Occasionally had a "team" mate stand in front blocking my shots... I put it down to either in a previous life they've been repeatedly killed by a similar situation or they think I'm not PTO which I most certainly am.. if they don't move then I'll either stand my ground and keep shooting until one of us gives up / gets killed or I'll wander off and don't lose much sleep over it.
  • If it was on Bespin then it's impossible to be Extraction...

Then I stand corrected!
  • MSXWarrior wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry about it - had it done to me as well, I've a number of favourite Blaster Cannon sites across all modes which if I can get in position can help to delay the advance of the opposition for a while. Occasionally had a "team" mate stand in front blocking my shots... I put it down to either in a previous life they've been repeatedly killed by a similar situation or they think I'm not PTO which I most certainly am.. if they don't move then I'll either stand my ground and keep shooting until one of us gives up / gets killed or I'll wander off and don't lose much sleep over it.

See some weird stuff in Battlefront don't you! Just wondered why he was wasting time while I was actually trying to play the objective. He cleared off in the end though.
  • 2000sGuy
    5843 posts Member
    Just as worst as placing a squad shield over an uplink only for some bonehead to shoot at it and disintegrate it
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »
    Just as worst as placing a squad shield over an uplink only for some bonehead to shoot at it and disintegrate it

Ah that's a tough one as I've been guilty of that offence :) depends if I have a line of sight to the uplink, sometimes it's better to have it open as a canary trap so that able to fire directly into it / lob grenade / dioxis when someone comes along !
  • Blazur
    4461 posts Member

LOL.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • bfloo
    14029 posts Member
    MSXWarrior wrote: »
    2000sGuy wrote: »

Ah that's a tough one as I've been guilty of that offence :) depends if I have a line of sight to the uplink, sometimes it's better to have it open as a canary trap so that able to fire directly into it / lob grenade / dioxis when someone comes along !

I toss ion grenades at squad shields over the uplinks all the time. They end up benefiting the other team as they turn the uplink on or off.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Zedrux
    401 posts Member
    Because people like to ruin the games experience for others.
  • Zedrux wrote: »
    Because people like to ruin the games experience for others.

True!
  • My friend did that to me last night. First, he destroyed the sheild on the cannon, then stood in front of me while I was using it. I moved away from it and he took the blaster cannon for himself. I dropped a squad shield over it. Good times.
  • bfloo
    14029 posts Member
    It is even more fun to get another blaster canon, pop it out next to them and watch them blow up.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• 2000sGuy wrote: »

When you place a Squad Shield over a uplink, you are not only defending the uplink, you are impeding your teammates to attack the enemies that are coming to take that uplink. Belive me, it's not a good idea.
  • Desiliijic wrote: »

When you place a Squad Shield over a uplink, you are not only defending the uplink, you are impeding your teammates to attack the enemies that are coming to take that uplink. Belive me, it's not a good idea.

I honestly think squad shields are more helpful to attackers than defenders, with the only exception being protection from hostile air or protection from flanking snipers. Aside from that, they seem to cause a ton more trouble than they're worth.
  • DarkAnghell23
    314 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    So many reasons why...

1) a troll
    2) was on the opponent team and you killed them a bunch of times, so they are salty
    3) someone with ethics and wants to keep you away from spawn killing
    4) they wanted the blaster cannon for themselves
    5) wanted to prevent you from getting easy kills
  • Febelas
    273 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

I toss ion grenades at squad shields over the uplinks all the time. They end up benefiting the other team as they turn the uplink on or off.

Yeah, a poorly placed bubbles shield can be a massive help to the enemy team.

That's one of the reasons I run ion shot. I've lost too many games of sabotage because of a poorly placed bubbles shield.

On topic, the guy probably just wanted your turret or he was just being a ****. I've had people try to force me out of my turret before too, when I've placed it just right.
  • 2000sGuy
    5843 posts Member
    Desiliijic wrote: »

Out in the open like Hoth? I know there are acceptiona to dum place to put it, but If you're on an open map like Hoth it's gonna help. Especially if you're the only one defending it you'd need a shield
    It's not like teammates defend the uplinks anyway
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • I really like to put squad shields in open/close doorways when playing sabotage. It allows me to enter the room, assess the situation and either attack or back out and enter from a different area that has no defense.
  • So many reasons why...

1) a troll
    2) was on the opponent team and you killed them a bunch of times, so they are salty
    3) someone with ethics and wants to keep you away from spawn killing
    4) they wanted the blaster cannon for themselves
    5) wanted to prevent you from getting easy kills

Yeah maybe more than one of those reasons, sure it will happen again just first time I've had it happen to me
  • Corndog75
    171 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Febelas wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »

Yeah, a poorly placed bubbles shield can be a massive help to the enemy team.

That's one of the reasons I run ion shot. I've lost too many games of sabotage because of a poorly placed bubbles shield.

On topic, the guy probably just wanted your turret or he was just being a ****. I've had people try to force me out of my turret before too, when I've placed it just right.

Well he couldn't have it, I was quite happy with it :-)
  • Sandmanslim162
    58 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Desiliijic wrote: »

Out in the open like Hoth? I know there are acceptiona to dum place to put it, but If you're on an open map like Hoth it's gonna help. Especially if you're the only one defending it you'd need a shield
    It's not like teammates defend the uplinks anyway
    The first uplinks on Hoth I agree the shield helps. But everywhere else, it just make me have to leave my uplink camping site. To try to slap someone to death. I place them a little ways back from the uplink. When the enemy try's to turn on or off the uplink, simply step out shoot them step back in. Got to watch your back though, I get ***** slapped every now and then. Because I stop watching the mini map. But on the topic OP ,it seems like there is a guy or girl like that in every match. I was in a game the other day, and had a DB stand in front of my blaster cannon. I was trying to shoot a AT-AT with it. He just stood there and blocked me and laugh emoted me.