criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Classes

The next Star Wars Battlefront needs customizable balanced classes with their own strengths and weaknesses. Example: Stormtrooper, with the classic E-11, thermal detonator, own mobility and health. The reason we need classes: People will have to work together. In the current star card system, almost everybody's loadout is focused on getting as much kills as an individual. If DICE wants a dedicated player base, then cooperation between players is important. A class system is also much more immersive, a real Star Wars would hate to see a Bespin Guard on Endor... DICE, don't make this game casual. One of the reasons the Battlefield 1 player base is shrinking fast, is cause of the casualness.

I would love to hear other player's opinoins. Thanks for reading!

Replies

• I have wanted classes since playing the first one and realizing there are just 20 of the same dudes on the team using the most powerful hand. classes would definitely fix that, in my opinion
    The greatest moderator that EA has ever had.
  • DarthBatman42
    547 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Scout(Scout Trooper), SAW(Shock Trooper), Rifleman(Stormtrooper) , Jump Trooper( like in Rebels)
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    I have wanted classes since playing the first one and realizing there are just 20 of the same dudes on the team using the most powerful hand. classes would definitely fix that, in my opinion

I agree
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    I disagree. The star card system will work fine if the cards were balanced.

The only way people will really work together is if they are in a party together talking..
  • I am mixed. I really like the idea of people filling specific roles on a team......but I also like the freedom to choose any card/blaster I want.
    If I was forced to choose, I would want to retain the freedom that we have now.
  • EvazanJr wrote: »

The only way people will really work together is if they are in a party together talking..

Yes, the star card system to some degree would work if it was balanced, but we both know that's not the case 90% of the time. People would also work more together if they would be able to create parties, you are right on that. But the current Battlefront party system doesn't promote teamwork, that will need a big change in my opinion. I would like it to be more like Battlefield 1's party system.
  • CS2107
    1961 posts Member
    I agree on classes. But they should be costumizable at some points (like you have some weapons and gadgets you can only use when playing stormtrooper, others only as medic etc)
  • CS2107 wrote: »
    I agree on classes. But they should be costumizable at some points (like you have some weapons and gadgets you can only use when playing stormtrooper, others only as medic etc)

Yes, like Battlefield 1.
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    If they decide to bring back Star cards, then they can't bring back any insta healing cards or damage booster cards like ES. Also if they just removed the JP all together and improve the awful physics we'd be stellar
  • I have wanted classes since playing the first one and realizing there are just 20 of the same dudes on the team using the most powerful hand. classes would definitely fix that, in my opinion

This
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

Classes would allow a greater number of gadgets to be used at a time, reviving, side arms, sniping, and ammo
  • No classes please. I like the current system.

Classes would allow a greater number of gadgets to be used at a time, reviving, side arms, sniping, and ammo

I would honestly rather not see a medic/revive system added. someone made that suggestion during the feedback sessions before the first one, and i disagreed then as well
  • bfloo
    13305 posts Member
    EvazanJr wrote: »

I would honestly rather not see a medic/revive system added. someone made that suggestion during the feedback sessions before the first one, and i disagreed then as well

What if they took away health regen?
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

Why not? just curious

Why not? just curious

i think it pulls too far away from the casual aspect of the game. it isnt supposed to be (to me anyway) a super competitive shooter like battlefield.

to bfloo, i think my answer above kinda covers that.... health regen lends itself to the casual nature of the game.

Why not? just curious

i think it pulls too far away from the casual aspect of the game. it isnt supposed to be (to me anyway) a super competitive shooter like battlefield.

to bfloo, i think my answer above kinda covers that.... health regen lends itself to the casual nature of the game.

But the game is currently too casual, one of the reasons so few play it now. Why would reviving take away from your experience?
  • I don't want classes to return. I want to have character customization like what was featured in Renegade Squadron/Elite Squadron on the PSP. We never had this in either of the original console games, and living out your Star Wars battle fantasies would be that much better if we could play as our own custom characters with our own loadouts.

Arcade mode needs 20v20 and starfighter battles for Battlefront II!!!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter

Why not? just curious

But the game is currently too casual, one of the reasons so few play it now. Why would reviving take away from your experience?

right, certain aspects are too casual. i think that pulling too far away from the casual gameplay will scare people off. this game brought in a lot of people who may not have ever played shooters before, now that you have them, make them advance a bit and get more into the shooter genre

Why not? just curious

right, certain aspects are too casual. i think that pulling too far away from the casual gameplay will scare people off. this game brought in a lot of people who may not have ever played shooters before, now that you have them, make them advance a bit and get more into the shooter genre

You are right, the casualness brought a lot of new people, but it also made them put the game down after a month. Perfect example: Battlefield 1. There are more players playing battlefield 4 currently. Why? It's a more skillbased game then Battlefield 1. And also, this is Star Wars. Star Wars shouldn't play as a generic shooter. It should feel exactly like you're in the damn movies, and do you see Imperial officers with bacta bombs and jetpacks in the movies. No, if DICE and the fans aren't commited to the Star Wars universe, them I'm already done with Battlefront 2017.
  • I would disagree about player count with BF1, there are currently about 10x as many players on BF1 compared to BF4.
  • The only reason EA's Battlefront wasn't a total flop as a game, was because of Star Wars. Star Wars saved this game, it's a fact.
  • I would disagree about player count with BF1, there are currently about 10x as many players on BF1 compared to BF4.

I don't have numbers, but I saw a lot of youtubers talking about the player counts. I could be wrong then.
  • I'm not against classes bit doubt DICE will be straying too far from the model of this game for BF2. In saying that, these are solid options

Revamp Berserker, Bodyguard and Sharpshooter to prevent the damage and health stacking. I don't think I've read one complaint about Survivalist or Escape Artist (post ohk nerf). The only complaint about Bounty Hunter is the L3 fast cooldown to spam nades, which leads me to...

Star Cards only get faster cooldowns from medical droids or close proximity to heroes. Bounty Hunter trait would be scrapped or changed. Thermal Detonator and Dioxis would have a longer cooldown, 25 and 30 seconds, respectively.

Jump pack cooldown can stay the same except you can only use primary blaster fire with accuracy penalty.

These and other changes could improve the current system.
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    I'm not against classes bit doubt DICE will be straying too far from the model of this game for BF2. In saying that, these are solid options

Revamp Berserker, Bodyguard and Sharpshooter to prevent the damage and health stacking. I don't think I've read one complaint about Survivalist or Escape Artist (post ohk nerf). The only complaint about Bounty Hunter is the L3 fast cooldown to spam nades, which leads me to...

Star Cards only get faster cooldowns from medical droids or close proximity to heroes. Bounty Hunter trait would be scrapped or changed. Thermal Detonator and Dioxis would have a longer cooldown, 25 and 30 seconds, respectively.

Jump pack cooldown can stay the same except you can only use primary blaster fire with accuracy penalty.

Shock Grenade, Disruption, and other cards should be removed.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • bfloo
    13305 posts Member
    I'm not against classes bit doubt DICE will be straying too far from the model of this game for BF2. In saying that, these are solid options

I'd prefer limited ammo to cooldowns.

h846398gb27k.png

• Darkaid wrote: »

Shock Grenade, Disruption, and other cards should be removed.

Absolutely
  • bfloo wrote: »

Me too but don't see it happening with BF2.
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

Would work especially well on detonators and jump packs.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    Also if they do keep open customization, the charge cards should have a set number per round like 5-10 so you actually have to use them wisely and not spam them every time they refresh

Why not? just curious

I don't think a less casual game would scare people off. Before this game I had never played a shooter before, but would not have been bothered by it being competitive, complex or dying over and over. All I was interested in was being in the star wars universe and I think the more depth the gameplay has the more immersive it is as you feel like your really having do deal with a soldiers issues.
  • I'm not against classes bit doubt DICE will be straying too far from the model of this game for BF2. In saying that, these are solid options

I think traits should be removed however class or race specific such as wookies get one hit melee, less recoil and more health but slower sprint speed, ads and cant equip a jump pack and assault trooper get faster sprint speed and ads. These traits wouldn't improve with kills as this just gives better players an unfair advantage.
  • bfloo
    13305 posts Member
    Jrob122 wrote: »
    Also if they do keep open customization, the charge cards should have a set number per round like 5-10 so you actually have to use them wisely and not spam them every time they refresh

Not per round, 1 or 2 per life. The 5-24 players need all the help they can get.

h846398gb27k.png

Not per round, 1 or 2 per life. The 5-24 players need all the help they can get.

I agree per life. I don't think they should be charge cards but gadgets within classes that can be recharged by gonk droids or support players.
  • I agree per life. I don't think they should be charge cards but gadgets within classes that can be recharged by gonk droids or support players.

Yes! This.

I think traits should be removed however class or race specific such as wookies get one hit melee, less recoil and more health but slower sprint speed, ads and cant equip a jump pack and assault trooper get faster sprint speed and ads. These traits wouldn't improve with kills as this just gives better players an unfair advantage.

Yes, a rodian for example could see in infrared spectrum if you switch to first person. A wookie is strong (all classes should have weaknesses). I don't think it would be unfair, I think this makes the game more interesting because people can still decide their own playstyle.

I agree per life. I don't think they should be charge cards but gadgets within classes that can be recharged by gonk droids or support players.

Yes, I agree. Ammo should also be recharged. I think it also solves the grenade spam to some degree, in the current battlefront, 15 players throw grenades every 15 seconds at the enemy. With ammo people won't be spamming as much because they maybe need the grenade for another situation and not all classes should have grenades in my opinion.
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7330 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    The solution is to create a similar system like in BF II (2005) and then expand this idea with own ideas which couldn't be implemented 10 years ago due to the hardware limitations.
    The devs aren't s tupid or lazy. Now they've the chance with BF 2 (2017) to prove it. #DennisIHopeYouAreWorkingOnBattlefield
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• The solution is to create a similar system like in BF II (2005) and then expand this idea with own ideas which couldn't be implemented 10 years ago due to the hardware limitations.
    The devs aren't s tupid or lazy. Now they've the chance with BF 2 (2017) to prove it. #DennisIHopeYouAreWorkingOnBattlefield

Yes, I haven't played the original battlefronts but they look a lot more interesting.

This x1000.

In theory the star-card system offers more freedom, but in reality you just have everyone using the same items in unbalanced combos.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Edalin007
    403 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I have wanted classes since playing the first one and realizing there are just 20 of the same dudes on the team using the most powerful hand. classes would definitely fix that, in my opinion

This x1000.

In theory the star-card system offers more freedom, but in reality you just have everyone using the same items in unbalanced combos.

You're absolutely right. I never saw a player above level 40 not using jetpack, adrenaline stim, personal shield or bacta bomb. It's not immersive, I don't want to see a death star trooper with a jetpack on tattooine.
  • Edalin007
    403 posts Member
    edited March 2017

Star wars HQ did a survey about game aspects. I agree with most of them.
    Post edited by Edalin007 on
  • Classes with multiple loadouts. You can customize your class for however you play it.