criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

How to make Battlefront a "team game"?

I've seen several post touch on this subject but not attack the problem as a whole. Battlefront doesnt feel like a team game. You have the partner system but what do you get out of it? Spawns and thats pretty much it. Bacta bombs were introduced into the game and that seemed like the first "team oriented" item in the game. There are other items in game now, but its very lacking. The game feels more geared toward solo players getting the most kills and how good their KDR is. I'd like to know what people would add to make the game more team based?

starwarsarmy6262012.jpeg

Personally, I'd want -

-Multiseated vehicles to return (even give partners "spawn into vehicle" options during spawn)

-Add transport vehicles (they suck at combat but are great as surprise troop advancement)

-Trade the partner system for a squad system (from 2 people to 4-6)

-In Game voice system with multiple levels (All, team, squad, nearby) and block functions

-More team interaction items (for example: scout laser scans land vehicle, Pilot can then target vehicle with missiles)

-Have a Class system so not everyone's goal is to get the most kills. and have the best build for killing. You can still have customization within the class (e11, ee3, and Tl50 for an Assault class) but you won't have the "swiss army knife" soldiers we have now. Where soldiers can heal, jetpack, have a machine gun, and be anti vehicle all in 1 class. "Why have an army, when I can be the whole army?"

-Have an accolades screen at the end for certain achievements (if you have played Overwatch think like that, "most healing" "most ammo given" etc)

-Add more incentives to be with your squad (medics give small aoe healing + points for the medic)

Replies

• Pretty much summed it up.
    Currently if your a good player and hit trait three you can claim and defend all objectives single handedly.
    I think traits should be removed, or at least shouldn't improve with points.
  • bfloo
    14054 posts Member
    Pretty much summed it up.
    Currently if your a good player and hit trait three you can claim and defend all objectives single handedly.

The leveling up traits idea was interesting, but ultimately failed.

Once I get to level 3 sharp shooter I just run over the other team.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Trooper8059
    10197 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Remove K/D and any statistic that would make people focus more on themselves over the objective and the team.

They need to follow the Battlefield trait system where the bonuses are minuscule, but effective in the right hands. The biggest problem with traits is when they get into reducing/increasing damage. Damage enhancers and insta-health items need to go.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Alvonator
    2510 posts Member
    This is good. Very good.
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7339 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I agree with OP, but this supject was addressed since 2 years ;) DICE designed this game as a casual game... However if there is no more content, depth and large battles in the next game then they'll lose a lot of customers for ever.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• How sad is it that a game like Plants v Zombies 2 has a place in the honors screen post match for most heals and revives but this game does not?
    The definition of team play, healing your teammates, is ignored.
  • Remove K/D and any statistic that would make people focus more on themselves over the objective and the team.

They need to follow the Battlefield trait system where the bonuses are minuscule, but effective in the right hands. The biggest problem with traits is when they get into reducing/increasing damage. Damage enhancers and insta-health items need to go.

In a game like conquest kd is important.
    Battlefield doesn't have traits.
    If traits were to come back I'd like them to be species or class specific with out levels.
  • CS2107
    1961 posts Member
    I would add the Battlefield function to ask for somethink fast. On PC when holding Q you can select what you want to say like "I need a medic" "I need support!" Reinforcement etc. but even some things like "Thank you man"
  • Trooper8059
    10197 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Remove K/D and any statistic that would make people focus more on themselves over the objective and the team.

If traits were to come back I'd like them to be species or class specific with out levels.

I'd say the opposite. People should be focused on the points, not kills. Also, there were traits, or "Field Upgrades."
    bf4-upgrades-2.jpg
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Remove K/D and any statistic that would make people focus more on themselves over the objective and the team.

I'd say the opposite. People should be focused on the points, not kills. Also, there were traits, or "Field Upgrades."
    bf4-upgrades-2.jpg

Oh, not traits on bf1 tho. I think there is an over importance to points. Standing in an objective when other people are already capturing it GATS you 6+ kills worth of points, when clearing the sector around the point would benefit the team more. You can also climb the leaderboard by constantly resupplying people after they empty one mag instead of killing people or ptfoing, that doesn't really benefit the team.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    very hard for a FPS to be truly team oriented
  • WodiQuix
    4418 posts Member
    Alvonator wrote: »
    This is good. Very good.

I agree.
  • Natalie wrote: »
    I've seen several post touch on this subject but not attack the problem as a whole. Battlefront doesnt feel like a team game. You have the partner system but what do you get out of it? Spawns and thats pretty much it. Bacta bombs were introduced into the game and that seemed like the first "team oriented" item in the game. There are other items in game now, but its very lacking. The game feels more geared toward solo players getting the most kills and how good their KDR is. I'd like to know what people would add to make the game more team based?

starwarsarmy6262012.jpeg

Personally, I'd want -

-Multiseated vehicles to return (even give partners "spawn into vehicle" options during spawn)

-Add transport vehicles (they suck at combat but are great as surprise troop advancement)

-In Game voice system with multiple levels (All, team, squad, nearby) and block functions

-More team interaction items (for example: scout laser scans land vehicle, Pilot can then target vehicle with missiles)

-Have a Class system so not everyone's goal is to get the most kills. and have the best build for killing. You can still have customization within the class (e11, ee3, and Tl50 for an Assault class) but you won't have the "swiss army knife" soldiers we have now. Where soldiers can heal, jetpack, have a machine gun, and be anti vehicle all in 1 class. "Why have an army, when I can be the whole army?"

-Have an accolades screen at the end for certain achievements (if you have played Overwatch think like that, "most healing" "most ammo given" etc)

-Add more incentives to be with your squad (medics give small aoe healing + points for the medic)

Yeaaaaa, thats Battlefield. It was funny, when the game was announced, no one wanted a Battlefield reskin. Well, it seems a Battlefield reskin would have made a perfect Battlefront. :D So yes, I support this, lets make Battlefield: Star Wars edition a thing!
  • I wanted a Battlefront II (2005) reskin... This means a Battlefront III (2015)
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• 2000sGuy
    5843 posts Member
    Boy do I hate dying because someone got right behind me when I need to evade danger
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg

Exactly. I've complained day in and day out since the moment bacta/berserker were released. Ruined the game. Damage and health should NEVER EVER be boosted by a perk. It's stupid, unfair, and gives an insane advantage that makes it dumb to NOT use them (even though I still don't lol)
    Just another sniping YouTuber.
  • WodiQuix
    4418 posts Member
    edited March 2017

Exactly. I've complained day in and day out since the moment bacta/berserker were released. Ruined the game. Damage and health should NEVER EVER be boosted by a perk. It's ****, unfair, and gives an insane advantage that makes it dumb to NOT use them (even though I still don't lol)

I definitely agree. I took a break from Battlefront to play Battlefield 1 (I got it last week), and was pleasantly surprised to find that there weren't​ that many cheese items that disrupted the flow of gameplay.
  • WodiQuix wrote: »

Exactly. I've complained day in and day out since the moment bacta/berserker were released. Ruined the game. Damage and health should NEVER EVER be boosted by a perk. It's ****, unfair, and gives an insane advantage that makes it dumb to NOT use them (even though I still don't lol)

I definitely agree. I took a break from Battlefront to play Battlefield 1 (I got it last week), and was pleasantly surprised to find that there weren't​ that many cheese items that disrupted the flow of gameplay.

It's nice going back to problems as simple as grenade spamming.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • WodiQuix
    4418 posts Member
    WodiQuix wrote: »

It's nice going back to problems as simple as grenade spamming.

Yeah. Regarding that, I read up on the issue and really hope that DICE doesn't go through with Ammo 2.0. The Reddit post comments do a really good job of explaining why it's a bad idea. I agree with them. Less grenades. Not more. No magically appearing grenades.
  • To differentiate from squads they could be called Battalions
    rWnfFLl.gif
  • CPT_Rex
    725 posts Member
    To differentiate from squads they could be called Battalions

I don't think that's necessary. Squad is a common term for small military units in Star Wars.
    "In my book, experience outranks everything."
  • Lonnisity
    1941 posts Member
    I kinda just want Battlefield: Star Wars tbh.
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • bfloo
    14054 posts Member
    WodiQuix wrote: »

I took advantage of the sale also. It's hard to believe the same people made both games.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Lonnisity wrote: »

Same.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • How about you have traits tied to objectives instead of kills? Like as the battle progresses both sides become more stronger.
  • RowdyRuss3 wrote: »
    Natalie wrote: »

starwarsarmy6262012.jpeg

Personally, I'd want -

Yeaaaaa, thats Battlefield. It was funny, when the game was announced, no one wanted a Battlefield reskin. Well, it seems a Battlefield reskin would have made a perfect Battlefront. :D So yes, I support this, lets make Battlefield: Star Wars edition a thing!

Im curious, was that really a thing ?
    Why wouldnt people want it to be like battlefield with multiple vehicles, air combat, destructible neviroments etc ?

I do understand that people didnt want it as a complete reskin , but those features are good anyway, so they should remain and just add on that, not leave them out.

The Heroes themselves are an additional feature,as well as the various modes.
  • Alvonator
    2510 posts Member
    RowdyRuss3 wrote: »
    Natalie wrote: »

starwarsarmy6262012.jpeg

Personally, I'd want -

Im curious, was that really a thing ?
    Why wouldnt people want it to be like battlefield with multiple vehicles, air combat, destructible neviroments etc ?

I do understand that people didnt want it as a complete reskin , but those features are good anyway, so they should remain and just add on that, not leave them out.

The Heroes themselves are an additional feature,as well as the various modes.

When people say Battlefield reskin, they mean the Battlefield formula.

And believe me a Battlefront with a Battlefield formula has already been done with critical acclaim. Just look at the original Battlefront 1 & 2. They were amazing.

However, the people who didn't want a Battlefield formula in this current Battlefront are the same people who don't know what they are talking about, and the casual players who don't like to adapt.

If SWBF 2 uses the BF formula, I guarantee you that it will be successful.
  • Celevynne wrote: »
    How about you have traits tied to objectives instead of kills? Like as the battle progresses both sides become more stronger.

I would want traits tied into class objectives. Engineer gets better for repairing vehicles, taking out enemy vehicles, repairing turrets, etc. Healers get better regen or healing for healing a certain number of teammates (maybe even more for squad mates). Also objectives give a universal boost to the class traits. It would also be nice if there was a supremacy mode but with random non linear objectives and when you cap them you got a bonus, like anti air turrets for a set time. This might actually be a thing in Battlefield but I only played the beta.
  • CS2107
    1961 posts Member
    Lonnisity wrote: »

Same.

This is so damned good. Battlefield did really hit the point about how to make a campaign. I would love to have "Star Wars Stories" as a campaign, where we follow the stories of different Clone Troopers. Would be so good.
  • Trooper8059
    10197 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    CS2107 wrote: »
    Lonnisity wrote: »

Same.

This is so damned good. Battlefield did really hit the point about how to make a campaign. I would love to have "Star Wars Stories" as a campaign, where we follow the stories of different Clone Troopers. Would be so good.

Since they probably are only going to stick to The OT and beyond, i'd be really satisfied if they brought Renegade Squadron and Col Serra back. Would be a nice callback to the old games.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • 2000sGuy
    5843 posts Member
    The players will have to change. I'm that guy who will literally Jumppack towards my hero just to throw Bacta on them (unless it's a Rambo of course). I'm the guy who stops to shoot at turrets/droids.
    I can guarantee at least 70% of the playerbase would not do these
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »
    The players will have to change. I'm that guy who will literally Jumppack towards my hero just to throw Bacta on them (unless it's a Rambo of course). I'm the guy who stops to shoot at turrets/droids.
    I can guarantee at least 70% of the playerbase would not do these

Players play the most effective way to play the game. You are not rewarded enough for team play and it is not an effective way to win. Good players can get tl3 and claim all objectives single handedly.