criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Heroes should no longer be trampled by any kind of vehicle

It's quite annoying how heroes can still be easily trampled by vehicles. I'm glad it was fixed with Speeder Bikes as players heavily abused them to do so. But in the next game, heroes should not be trampled. Period! I mean wouldn't you be very annoyed if you were the hero playing so well just having fun, but then a random player just collides on you with a vehicle taking away your fun as the hero? Please make sure this isn't the case in the next game.

Replies

• The AT-ST will get a complete rework for BF 2 (2017) and it will still be able to trample people.
    I think you are refering to BF (2015). For me it was great fun to hunt enemy heroes and it made me proud when it got them especially with the trample attack. A hero kill under one second is always nice ;)
    If DICE would nerf the AT-ST further in BF (2015) then they should consider the option to delete it from the game. At the current stage an AT-ST pilot can be gald not to get one shotted at the spawn...
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    The AT-ST will get a complete rework for BF 2 (2017) and it will still be able to trample people.
    I think you are refering to BF (2015). For me it was great fun to hunt enemy heroes and it made me proud when it got them especially with the trample attack. A hero kill under one second is always nice ;)
    If DICE would nerf the AT-ST further in BF (2015) then they should consider the option to delete it from the game. At the current stage an AT-ST pilot can be gald not to get one shotted at the spawn...

I agree
  • MC_XIX
    1788 posts Member
    It's only ships that are the problem. Some people pick up an A-Wing and deliberately fly at low altitudes to target a hero. There was one guy I've seen who suicide bombed 3 heroes in 1 match. He killed himself every time, but it shouldn't happen. Especially since heroes can't avoid ships who do this.
  • MC_XIX wrote: »
    It's only ships that are the problem. Some people pick up an A-Wing and deliberately fly at low altitudes to target a hero. There was one guy I've seen who suicide bombed 3 heroes in 1 match. He killed himself every time, but it shouldn't happen. Especially since heroes can't avoid ships who do this.

Lol I had no idea that you can one shot heroes with bombing them with an A-Wing... However it's a bad tactic because you give up the ground and air control while you are out of the A-Wing.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Alvonator
    2510 posts Member
    No, if they are that foolish to get near a vehicle, they deserve to die. Heroes shouldn't be unstoppable and should have weakesses.

We even saw in the movies that Han, Luke, Chewie, Leia were not invisible when facing vehicles. The same should apply to the game.
  • CS2107
    1961 posts Member
    Alvonator wrote: »
    No, if they are that foolish to get near a vehicle, they deserve to die. Heroes shouldn't be unstoppable and should have weakesses.

We even saw in the movies that Han, Luke, Chewie, Leia were not invisible when facing vehicles. The same should apply to the game.

Yes, but on the other hand, we shouldn't reward someone for suiciding and trying to take as many with him as possible (seems familiar to something...). I would say the ships shouldn't be able to one shot crash a hero. Trampling of the AT-ST is okay, as you can run from that
  • Paul131
    982 posts Member

I think they had all of them.
    When I see somebody posting another useless theard
    tumblr_mqtcovhc8q1srwn65o9_250.gif

• Alvonator
    2510 posts Member
    CS2107 wrote: »

Yes, but on the other hand, we shouldn't reward someone for suiciding and trying to take as many with him as possible (seems familiar to something...). I would say the ships shouldn't be able to one shot crash a hero. Trampling of the AT-ST is okay, as you can run from that

Oh yes! Of course. I get what you mean.

The Speeder Bike and Suicide Crashers are scum and should not be rewarded.
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    edited March 2017

except that the AT-ST is faster than all the heros other than luke. If they get you in their sights your toast
  • Jrob122 wrote: »

except that the AT-ST is faster than all the heros other than luke. If they get you in their sights your toast

For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    Jrob122 wrote: »

• CS2107
    1961 posts Member

Oh is that really the case? I never was trampled by an AT-ST I always thought I could outrun them XD Okay. Than i think the AT-ST shouldn't be able to trample heroes too. He would still be powerful against heroes and I also hope they buff the HP of the tank
  • I can understand if they don't change it for AT-STs because you shouldn't even get close to them in the first place so I'm fine with trampling with AT-STs.
    It's quite annoying how heroes can still be easily trampled by vehicles. I'm glad it was fixed with Speeder Bikes as players heavily abused them to do so. But in the next game, heroes should not be trampled. Period! I mean wouldn't you be very annoyed if you were the hero playing so well just having fun, but then a random player just collides on you with a vehicle taking away your fun as the hero? Please make sure this isn't the case in the next game.

• Alvonator wrote: »

I don't think they were ever invisible! :D
    "In my book, experience outranks everything."
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I can understand if they don't change it for AT-STs because you shouldn't even get close to them in the first place so I'm fine with trampling with AT-STs.

so in supremacy when I'm trying to defend the checkpoint and an ATST comes I should leave and let them cap it? They should remove them in any game mode that doesn't revolve around vehicles like supremacy and TP. It's insanely imbalanced.
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I can understand if they don't change it for AT-STs because you shouldn't even get close to them in the first place so I'm fine with trampling with AT-STs.

so in supremacy when I'm trying to defend the checkpoint and an ATST comes I should leave and let them cap it? They should remove them in any game mode that doesn't revolve around vehicles like supremacy and TP. It's insanely imbalanced.

There are 19 other players in your team, you are not alone when you are playing as a hero! When I am playing at the Rebels side there are no AT-STs. I'll destroy them all before they can damage my team.
    Pro tip for heroes: Stay away from the AT-STs. Hide inside or go up the trees. Set your focus on Objectives and Infantry.
    Pro tip 2: Pick Leia, but keep distance. The AT-ST pilot will be afraid. Tell your team to use the launchers on the AT-ST only.
    If you pick Leia, be careful the AT-ST pilot will start suicide runs on you!
    The AT-ST is the weakest vehicle in game! Don't forget this.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Jrob122
    4638 posts Member

It's not. There are 19 other players in your team, you are not alone when you are playing as a hero! When I am playing at the Rebels side there are no AT-STs. I'll destroy them all before they can damage my team.
    Pro tip for heroes: Stay away from the AT-STs. Hide inside or go up the trees. Set your focus on Objectives and Infantry.
    Pro tip 2: Pick Leia, but keep distance. The AT-ST pilot will be afraid. Tell your team to use the launchers on the AT-ST only.
    If you pick Leia, be careful the AT-ST pilot will start suicide runs on you!
    The AT-ST it the weakest vehicle in game! Don't forget this.

Supremacy doesn't revolve around vehicles so the vast majority do not carry anti vehicle weapons. I shouldn't have to rely on the possibility that one of my incompetent teammates has a ion torp or grenade. and I can't tell my teammates to use their rockets since there NO INGAME CHAT. Nailed it!
  • Well, then you should fill the place as the AT-ST hunter. Often the AT-STs live time is between 2 and 60 seconds. I played one year Supremacy only, because it the only mode without scripted vehicle combat (vehicle combat is awful compared to other games).
    Also there are so many weapons against the AT-ST and over all spammed anti-vehicle turrets. It might be frustrating to finally become a hero and to die quick. But that's not the problem of the AT-ST. It's okay if it can trample other to death. If a car hits you from above then you would probably die.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• This forum is eating my posts again :D "Comment Under Approval" and it's gone...
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    Why are my posts getting deleted
  • Heroes just need to counter vehicles in some way. Also if health was able to be healed taking damage from vehicles would not be so frustrating.
  • bfloo
    15531 posts Member
    I'd rather have someone kamikaze a hero then let them run wild.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png