criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

My real thoughts on Battlefront EA 2

enohado
269 posts Member
All jokes aside now, some may know me as "that guy who posts nonsensical joke threads against betafront" and whatnot, but this time im serious.

Deep down I want to give this new sequel a chance this year, but EA is trying REAL hard to not let that happen, having played Mass Effect Andromeda, I am extremely scared as to what EA will give us at the end of 2017...If a AAA title like Mass Effect...a franchise that is almost considered perfect (before the third one), could be released in the state its currently in from a company that has a MASSIVE budget to make AAA titles, I really am skeptical as to what they will deliver with Battlefront EA 2...
3 studios working on it is already red flaggish to me, but I still hope for the best to get a good star wars game in next gen and not a hollow shell.

Replies

• bfloo
    14754 posts Member
    I hope it is good, but after the EAFront experience, I want to see the details first.

If I knew the dlc content was going to be mp only, I'd have skipped the season pass.

I was expecting the sp content to be implemented into the rotation like Jakku was.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I'm not preordering a Battlefront PS4 bundle this time. I'll try and play the beta, and certainly watch youtubers play if I can't play myself. I'll watch the Angry Joe review.....but unless it's a pile of cat vomit I'll likely buy it.

I really only bought a PS4 for Star Wars, so it'd have to be pretty bad for me not to buy it. And my expectations will be pretty low. But I still have fun playing this game. A lot of fun, even with all the lag.
  • Wait, what is wrong with Andromeda? The game is really good, I am like 30 something hours into it already.

Also, not sure where you got the idea that the first 3 were almost perfect. Those games are hugely flawed
    The greatest moderator that EA has ever had.
  • enohado
    269 posts Member
    Wait, what is wrong with Andromeda? The game is really good, I am like 30 something hours into it already.

Also, not sure where you got the idea that the first 3 were almost perfect. Those games are hugely flawed

Wow...you have got to be trolling right now...
  • Wait, what is wrong with Andromeda? The game is really good, I am like 30 something hours into it already.

The facial animations are pretty bad for the budget they had.
    200w.gif
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • enohado
    269 posts Member
    Wait, what is wrong with Andromeda? The game is really good, I am like 30 something hours into it already.

200w.gif

The story is subparr too, thats why im very skeptical for Battlefront EA2...
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    edited March 2017

200w.gif

giphy.gif

• I've been watching the new ME on Twitch some. While the facial animations and walking in cutscenes is bad, the overall gameplay still strikes me as solid. I don't plan on buying it, but I think the hate is a little over the top. However, as an anti EA person, I'd suggest waiting around to buy it used and after patches come out
  • enohado wrote: »

no, not at all. the facial animations are blown WAY out of proportion. Mass Effect 1 was the only game with an exceptional story, and that fell off in 2 and 3. so many more flaws with mechanics in each of the series, and they couldn't figure out what they wanted. This game has flaws, but it is much more mechanically solid than the first 3.

Also, not sure why a product from Bioware has anything to do with a product from DICE and others.... apples and oranges
  • Lonnisity
    1943 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    enohado wrote: »

Also, not sure why a product from Bioware has anything to do with a product from DICE and others.... apples and oranges

Not necessarily. Same greedy publisher.
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • Lonnisity wrote: »

This is quite possibly the dumbest thing I have seen on here today. Do you also blame Nestle if you get a bad Hot Pocket?

Come on now, use your brains for something other than placeholders
  • Lonnisity wrote: »

This is quite possibly the dumbest thing I have seen on here today. Do you also blame Nestle if you get a bad Hot Pocket?

Well EA didn't make the game, but odds are they funded a lot of it and gave it a deadline. You can blame them for rushing developers to release an unfinished game. Their money is invested, but not their care. You can blame them for that. Absolutely.
  • bfloo
    14754 posts Member
    Lonnisity wrote: »

Well EA didn't make the game, but odds are they funded a lot of it and gave it a deadline. You can blame them for rushing developers to release an unfinished game. Their money is invested, but not their care. You can blame them for that. Absolutely.

I think that was from Disney to match the movie release.

The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

I think that was from Disney to match the movie release.

I know. I was more talking about ME:A here. But the example works for both games. The movie tie in does make sense from a financial stand point. I can't argue against that. But I am sad quality doesn't matter as much as timing to help quantity.
  • Lonnisity
    1943 posts Member

Good to see a moderator bashing the community. Maybe try to see things from another person's point of view? Ask questions, get information. Or just ban me, that's cool too.
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • No, when you are wrong, I am going to point it out. To blame a publisher for something that is on devs is equivalent to what I said above. Not changing my opinion to your opinion
  • No, when you are wrong, I am going to point it out. To blame a publisher for something that is on devs is equivalent to what I said above. Not changing my opinion to your opinion

• ThePoolshark
    2961 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Who do you think gave the deadline?

EA or Disney?

I am willing to bet it wasn't EA

Also, I love the self-quote... that is very inception like, lol
  • Who do you think gave the deadline?

EA or Disney?

It was probably EA. They are the license owners.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    Who do you think gave the deadline?

EA or Disney?

Disney probably had the deadline for a tie in with TFA. Maybe if it wasn't rushed because of the deadline the game would be complete and good.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.

EA or Disney?

EA aren't license owners... just current license holders. License still belongs to Disney

EA or Disney?

EA aren't license owners... just current license holders. License still belongs to Disney

EA made the deadline for Mass Effect for sure. And I thought most of us were talking about ME here, anyway.

Star Wars was also probably EA, though Disney probably wanted it within a couple months before or after the movie release. I'm sure before Christmas was a decision both would've made for sales purposes.
  • Righful
    136 posts Member
    I'll watch the Angry Joe review.....

Calling it now. XD

Angry Joe: "You dun F*cked it up!"
  • It WILL fail.