criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Justice League/Worlds of DC

Prev134567
Trooper8059
10183 posts Member
edited July 22
With the trailer coming out in two days, I thought it would be nice to start up a thread discussing this movie.

I REALLY hope this movie performs. The potential is there, they just need to use it correctly. I love both Marvel and DC, but right now I'm rooting for the underdogs to reach that level of greatness.
PSN: Trooper8059
"Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
Post edited by Trooper8059 on

Replies

• Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    I'd watch it but Ben affleck ruined Batman for me. Bale will always be my fav
  • 2000sGuy
    5745 posts Member
    I'm not sure. I was not a fan of the first teaser. Maybe it'll be good. I actually liked MoS
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »
    I'm not sure. I was not a fan of the first teaser. Maybe it'll be good. I actually liked MoS

Same.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • bfloo
    12463 posts Member
    I haven't liked the reboot. DC went to dark with the characters.

Suicide Squad was good, but I think it was because Margot nailed it with Harley Quinn.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• 2000sGuy
    5745 posts Member
    Ezra Miller Flash. What the heck is going on with him?????
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • bfloo wrote: »
    I haven't liked the reboot. DC went to dark with the characters.

Suicide Squad was good, but I think it was because Margot nailed it with Harley Quinn.

Not to mention the fact that Jai Courtney wasn't terrible in the movie.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • DarthBatman42
    547 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Grant Gustin will always be the legitimate Flash. Why do they have to keep DCU and The Arrowverse separate?
  • Grant Gustin will always be the legitimate Flash. Why do they have to keep DCU and The Arrowverse separate?

No idea. Marvel is tying their cinematic universe with their shows. (albeit they never mention them in the movies)
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • 2000sGuy
    5745 posts Member
    Grant Gustin will always be the legitimate Flash. Why do they have to keep DCU and The Arrowverse separate?

No idea. Marvel is tying their cinematic universe with their shows. (albeit they never mention them in the movies)

They probably didn't want to rip off Marvel that much. I mean they already turned Bruce Wayne into Tony Stark by the looks of it
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • bfloo
    12463 posts Member
    2000sGuy wrote: »

They probably didn't want to rip off Marvel that much. I mean they already turned Bruce Wayne into Tony Stark by the looks of it

They were always similar in that regard. Tony just likes to flaunt it.

h846398gb27k.png

• Trooper8059
    10183 posts Member
    edited March 2017

I honestly hope they don't go the comedic route of the MCU. DC has always struck me as more gritty.

That being said, I don't mean EVERY character has to be dark either.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • bfloo
    12463 posts Member

I honestly hope they don't go the comedic route of the MCU. DC has always struck me as more gritty.

That being said, I don't mean EVERY character has to be dark either.

Gritty is one thing, MoS & BvS were extremely dark. Batman should be that way, the rest need to be toned down a bit.

h846398gb27k.png

• DarthBatman42
    547 posts Member
    edited March 2017

There's a huge fan base for The Arrowverse and everyone hates DCU. So, why don't they just combine it and get all of Arrowverse's fans?
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    The JL DCU Flash will never live up to the CW Flash. Never.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • 2000sGuy
    5745 posts Member
    Darkaid wrote: »

You say that like it explains why there's a total stranger sitting in my SECOND favorite chair
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member

You say that like it explains why there's a total stranger sitting in my SECOND favorite chair

“Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
  • TMachine97
    1022 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    The reason they didn't want to mix the TV shows and the movies is because it would limit the creative freedom of the writers. Say the writers of the Flash show wanted to use a certain character but the movies had plans for them, then the TV show wouldn't be able to use that character. Besides, by keeping them seperate, it sets up the possibility of a "Crisis on Infinite Earths" kind of thing where the movies and TV shows could cross over. Unlikely, I know, but it's fun to dream

• TMachine97 wrote: »
    The reason they didn't want to mix the TV shows and the movies is because it would limit the creative freedom of the writers. Say the writers of the Flash show wanted to use a certain character but the movies had plans for them, then the TV show wouldn't be able to use that character. Besides, by keeping them seperate, it sets up the possibility of a "Crisis on Infinite Earths" kind of thing where the movies and TV shows could cross over. Unlikely, I know, but it's fun to dream

Marvel/DC crossover!
  • For those interested in The Flash. Still not a fan of the blue lightning.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • 2000sGuy
    5745 posts Member
    For those interested in The Flash. Still not a fan of the blue lightning.

Electro much?
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    For those interested in The Flash. Still not a fan of the blue lightning.

I agree. The blue lightning does not look good on The Flash. It looks good on Zoom in the CW: The Flash.
    Red for Reverse Flash
    Yellow for The Flash, etc.
  • One extra shot of the suit in the UK version.

The design isn't exactly my favorite, but rumor has it he gets a new one later on, so I'll hold my judgement.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    The Wonder Woman Justice League Promo has now been released, with a first look at the Flying Fox.

All that's left is a Cyborg Justice League Promo, unless they decide to make one for Superman.

I guess they could do that, but it might be better to have the parts with Superman be saved for the actual movie.

• Yes, VERY stoked for Zack Snyder's Justice League. I really, really enjoy the DCEU so far. The music in Man of Steel is really something special, and I just got the 2xLP suicide squad soundtrack, been singing along with those songs for a while now!
    "We own the sun, we own the sky. We own tomorrow and we want to fly..."
  • Yes, VERY stoked for Zack Snyder's Justice League. I really, really enjoy the DCEU so far. The music in Man of Steel is really something special, and I just got the 2xLP suicide squad soundtrack, been singing along with those songs for a while now!

Sucks that Hans Zimmer isn't doing superhero soundtracks anymore.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    Green Lantern in the first part would've been better than Cyborg. @2000sGuy can agree with me.
  • 2000sGuy
    5745 posts Member
    Green Lantern in the first part would've been better than Cyborg. @2000sGuy can agree with me.

*Teen Titans Go Flashbacks Intensify*
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Darkaid wrote: »

Rumor has it that Kilowog shows up at some point.

I would've preferred John Stewart, Hal Jordan, or Martian Manhunter to take the place of Cyborg.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • 2000sGuy
    5745 posts Member
    Cyborg has been forever soiled for me:
    TTG
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member

Rumor has it that Kilowog shows up at some point.

I would've preferred John Stewart, Hal Jordan, or Martian Manhunter to take the place of Cyborg.

John Stewart (God) would've been a great choice.
    I would've picked Hawkgirl and John Stewart like the original JL Unlimited cartoon. They would replace Cyborg, but Aquaman is fine, even if he's not one of the original members.
  • 2000sGuy
    5745 posts Member
    Aquaman will be interesting to say the least
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    I think that Cyborg is being brought in, over Green Lantern or Martian Manhunter, because of possible story reasons.

More specifically, since Batman v. Superman showed in the Cyborg cameo that Cyborg was created through the technology/power of one of Darkseid's mother boxes, perhaps Cyborg will have some instrumental role in defeating Steppenwolf in Justice League, as Steppenwolf comes to Earth and starts looking for the Mother Boxes in Justice League.
  • Why don't they just reboot?
    c45.gif
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    Why don't they just reboot?
    c45.gif

In an age of too many reboots/remakes being crammed down our throats, I'd rather that they just keep going and build off of what they already have, but just learn from their shortcomings and make it better.

If the powers that be must need to bring in a reboot, perhaps a soft reboot is the farthest that they need go, instead of a hard reboot.

But, full disclosure, I fully like and enjoy Man of Steel, Batman v. Superman, and Suicide Squad, although I can see what others do not.
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
  • 2000sGuy
    5745 posts Member

giphy-4.gif
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member

giphy-4.gif

And?

Where is Superman?!?
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member

Where is Superman?!?

Probably not until the second part like GL.
  • 2000sGuy
    5745 posts Member

giphy-4.gif

And?

It's meh
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Why can't we just get Christian Bale back?
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    Why can't we just get Christian Bale back?

He wasn't a great Batman either, tbh. The voice was bad.
  • bfloo
    12463 posts Member
    Why can't we just get Christian Bale back?

Christian Bale's rendition of Batman wouldn't fit this DC Universe.

h846398gb27k.png

Where is Superman?!?

Probably not until the second part like GL.

I hope Part One doesn't play out like the Harry Potter movies. The first part of Deathly Hallows was more of a drag to me than anything.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »

Other way around Marvel usually rips off DC. For example Deadpool was based off Deathstroke but with more humor, Flash and Quicksilver, Hawkeye was based on Green Arrow minus the grittiness, Darkseid was the basis for Thanos, except Thanos is himself not an Avatar like Darkseid is. Also, Batman always made weird super tech too. Hes had many hi tech suits and gadgets for decades to help fight enemies beyond his strength level or solve crimes. Thus why everyone always responds to people with troll comments like "Batman could beat Alien and Predator"
  • 2000sGuy
    5745 posts Member
    Strogg1980 wrote: »

Other way around Marvel usually rips off DC. For example Deadpool was based off Deathstroke but with more humor, Flash and Quicksilver, Hawkeye was based on Green Arrow minus the grittiness, Darkseid was the basis for Thanos, except Thanos is himself not an Avatar like Darkseid is. Also, Batman always made weird super tech too. Hes had many hi tech suits and gadgets for decades to help fight enemies beyond his strength level or solve crimes. Thus why everyone always responds to people with troll comments like "Batman could beat Alien and Predator"

True
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    @Trooper8059

There are three things that I'm hoping for for the first Justice League movie:

I hope that the first Justice League movie acts as a standalone movie and won't need to have a sequel

I also hope that the first Justice League movie doesn't end on a cliffhanger

I also hope that the first Justice League movie doesn't spend the majority of its time trying to set up future movies, but rather, chooses to focus on telling a good, self-contained story

@Darkaid

No, I'm quite certain that Superman will show up in this movie, but, most likely, in the third act or at the very end, rather than sitting out of Justice League 1 and later making his re-appearance in Justice League 2.

But yeah, Green Lantern would probably show up in Justice League 2.

Maybe one of the teammates in this movie will bite it and Green Lantern would show up and take their place.

My money would be on Cyborg.

However, maybe no one will die and Green Lantern will just be added to the roster later.
  • 2000sGuy
    5745 posts Member
    Jarrad wrote: »
    @Trooper8059

I hope that the first Justice League movie acts as a standalone movie and won't need to have a sequel

I also hope that the first Justice League movie doesn't spend the majority of its time trying to set up future movies, but rather, chooses to focus on telling a good, self-contained story

@Darkaid

No, I'm quite certain that Superman will show up in this movie, but, most likely, in the third act or at the very end, rather than sitting out of Justice League 1 and later making his re-appearance in Justice League 2.

Maybe one of the teammates in this movie will bite it and Green Lantern would show up and take their place.

However, maybe no one will die and Green Lantern will just be added to the roster later.

Cyborg's supposed to be appearing in the flash solo movie
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    Jarrad wrote: »
    @Trooper8059

@Darkaid

Cyborg's supposed to be appearing in the flash solo movie

Really?

Had no idea.

I just knew that Cyborg was getting a Solo Movie and that, perhaps, I speculated, that maybe it'd be a Prequel Origin Movie, just like the Wonder Woman Movie is going to be.

Well, I guess then that everybody will live throughout the movie, if the Flash Movie is a Sequel Movie after Justice League.

I guess that Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter will be added to the team later in Justice League 2.

I guess that it'd be kind of like how Iron Man, Thor, Capt. America, Hulk, Black Widow, and Hawkeye made up the team in Avengers 1 and Scarlet Witch, War Machine, Vision, and Falcon were added to the team roster in the Avengers 2: Age of Ultron.

But, I still think that Superman will come back in Justice League 1, either in the third act or at the end, rather than finally re-appearing again in Justice League 2.

I mean, if Lex Luthor is going to be back in Justice League 1, it'd seem odd to not have Superman back as well at some point in the movie.