criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Justice League/Worlds of DC

14567810Next

Replies

• rollind24
    5236 posts Member
    edited April 4
    DarthJ wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »

This is looking realllly good

Definitely.

Although as a big Joker fan I am against him having an origin. Unofficial, fine, but I don't want people thinking this is officially an origin. Other than that it looks great

I can get that although I’m hoping these new DC movies do really well and they interconnect them somehow one day. I’m not in a rush for it to happen if they do. Maybe just an official origin for a new connected movie series sake?
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • DarthJ
    6172 posts Member

This is looking realllly good

Definitely.

Although as a big Joker fan I am against him having an origin. Unofficial, fine, but I don't want people thinking this is officially an origin. Other than that it looks great

I can get that although I’m hoping these new DC movies do really well and they interconnect them somehow one day. I’m not in a rush for it to happen if they do. Maybe just an official origin for a new connected movie series sake?

No origin! Or at least make him say he lied about it!
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Joker shouldn't exist. There, I said it. It looks like a rip off of 1982's The King of Comedy with DeNiro and Jerry Lewis.
    "I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you!"
  • I don’t normally watch DC stuff but this joker film looks great
  • Just going to say it, I loved Shazam!
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • rollind24
    5236 posts Member
    Just going to say it, I loved Shazam!

I’ll be seeing that and Pet Sematary tomorrow
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 wrote: »

Did you enjoy it?
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • rollind24
    5236 posts Member
    edited April 7

Did you enjoy it?

Yea it was def one of the better DC movies. Didn’t feel like it was dragged out at all. Beginning was fairly dark and I was with a cousin who hates scary movies but was hesitant to watch a “kids” movie lol. She was highly confused in the beginning lol. Look forward to seeing how the mid credit scene plays out
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • DarthJ
    6172 posts Member
    I'm going to see it Saturday coming with my 6 year old son, can't wait!

I am watching the Joker trailer fairly regularly, love it...other than the origin aspects. Otherwise cannot wait. October can't come soon enough!
  • DarthJ
    6172 posts Member
    Loved Shazam, thought it was a great watch. Some hilarious moments. And a scene I didnt expect!
    the whole Shazam family being introduced as heroes in this film, I expected that to happen in a sequel rather than the first film. Still good though.

• Swamp Thing.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • You can skip this post if you don't like Batman v Superman or Justice League.

Not really spoilers, since we'll probably never see the Snyder Cut:
    I can't post the youtube clip, because it has foul language, but this past weekend Zack Snyder talked about his (and writer Chris Terrio's) version of Justice League at the Q&A where they just screened BvS for charity and took audience questions. Best description we have to date of his version of what JL could have been. You can easily find it by youtubing "zack snyder" and filtering by THIS WEEK) It's refreshing to hear it from the director himself.

Also circulating online right now is talk about Snyder "defending Batman killing people". Now, I have seen BvS very many times, I am a huge fan of Zack Snyder's work, but I would argue that Batman doesn't actually kill anyone in BvS. Sure, he USES guns and knives, and shoots and stabs people, but they are clearly not death blows and when I watch this film, I try and look for Batman killing someone, and the evidence just isn't there. An explosion is not evidence that someone in said explosion is dead. Having said that, I love Snyder's response to people who complain, "My batman doesn't kill people." "Grow the eff up" is essentially what he said. LOL I like this guy! What do you guys think? Do you think batman killed anyone in BvS and do you care either way? And what do you think about what he said about Darkseid boom-tubing into the batcave to kill Lois Lane?

I would be fine with it if they just kept it consistent, but in JL Batman clearly is against killing so at this point I think it makes more sense for him to not have killed anyone. My favorite Batman is the dark, self hating one we see in the Under the Red Hood arc (the animated movie based on that is amazing by the way). He blames himself for his mistakes, and he wants to kill Joker so badly, but he knows he can't do it. The problem is that this Batman really doesn't fit in the DCEU. If it was up to me, Batman would be the mysterious, suspicious, genius detective that we see in the JL and JLU TV shows. At first, DCEU Batman is more like an antihero, and then he goes full boy scout mode in Justice League. My ideal Batman would be somewhere in between.
  • rollind24
    5236 posts Member

Swamp Thing.

This does look good. Might be able to get the wife into it also since she’s big into horror
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Robert Pattinson will officially be the new Batman. They replaced Ben with a teen vampire.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • Trooper8059
    10198 posts Member
    Robert Pattinson will officially be the new Batman. They replaced Ben with a teen vampire.

Not too sure how to feel on this one.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Robert Pattinson will officially be the new Batman. They replaced Ben with a teen vampire.

Not too sure how to feel on this one.

I'm just going to wait and see.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • rollind24
    5236 posts Member
    edited May 18
    Robert Pattinson will officially be the new Batman. They replaced Ben with a teen vampire.

Is it actually confirmed? I read yesterday it was very close to a done deal but not official yet. I’ll give him a chance but not sure I’ll be able to take it seriously.
    #infantrylivesmatter

Is it actually confirmed? I read yesterday it was very close to a done deal but not official yet. I’ll give him a chance but not sure I’ll be able to take it seriously.

It is almost finalized.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • rollind24
    5236 posts Member

It is almost finalized.

Endgame spoilers below
    Anecdotally, I just mentioned it to the wife who is a big Twilight dork. She laughed and said “could you imagine if he was cast as the new Iron Man” FML [//spoiler]
    #infantrylivesmatter

It is almost finalized.

Endgame spoilers below
    Anecdotally, I just mentioned it to the wife who is a big Twilight dork. She laughed and said “could you imagine if he was cast as the new Iron Man” FML [//spoiler]

Lol, that would be weird. Apparently they are putting him through a rigorous casting process, and if he fails the runners up are Nic Hoult (Beast) and Aaron Taylor-Johnson (Quicksilver: AoU)
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • DarthJ
    6172 posts Member
    edited May 18

Technically Affleck isn't being replaced - its a younger Batman movie and Affleck is still signed up as Batman.

I have my doubts but will give it a chance. He is quite picky with his roles and since Twilight ended has become a very good actor. Can see him definitey putting across Bruce Wayne quite well.

Hmm...
  • Did I mention Hawkman is supposed to be in the Black Adam movie?
    il_fullxfull.822533138_8a91_1024x1024.jpeg?v=1444301919
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • rollind24
    5236 posts Member

Technically Affleck isn't being replaced - its a younger Batman movie and Affleck is still signed up as Batman.

I have my doubts but will give it a chance. He is quite picky with his roles and since Twilight ended has become a very good actor. Can see him definitey putting across Bruce Wayne quite well.

I hear he’s become quite the actor. I’m just not sure he can overcome Twilight to be Batman. I mean just look at Affleck, I thought he was good at what was given to him, he portrayed Batman as Snyder’s vision and he was believable to me. The pale Twilight guy I fear doesn’t stand a chance
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • DarthJ
    6172 posts Member

I hear he’s become quite the actor. I’m just not sure he can overcome Twilight to be Batman. I mean just look at Affleck, I thought he was good at what was given to him, he portrayed Batman as Snyder’s vision and he was believable to me. The pale Twilight guy I fear doesn’t stand a chance

But isnt that because you personally cant see past Twilight? haha. Remember, everyone doubted Ledger as Joker, look how that turned out
  • rollind24
    5236 posts Member

But isnt that because you personally cant see past Twilight? haha. Remember, everyone doubted Ledger as Joker, look how that turned out

Most likely lol. I also thought Leo Dicaprio was a fan girl actor at first but he does great stuff now.
    #infantrylivesmatter