criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Justice League/Worlds of DC

14567810Next

Replies

  • rollind24
    5586 posts Member
    edited April 4
    DarthJ wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »


    This is looking realllly good

    Definitely.

    Although as a big Joker fan I am against him having an origin. Unofficial, fine, but I don't want people thinking this is officially an origin. Other than that it looks great

    I can get that although I’m hoping these new DC movies do really well and they interconnect them somehow one day. I’m not in a rush for it to happen if they do. Maybe just an official origin for a new connected movie series sake?
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • DarthJ
    6461 posts Member
    rollind24 wrote: »
    DarthJ wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »


    This is looking realllly good

    Definitely.

    Although as a big Joker fan I am against him having an origin. Unofficial, fine, but I don't want people thinking this is officially an origin. Other than that it looks great

    I can get that although I’m hoping these new DC movies do really well and they interconnect them somehow one day. I’m not in a rush for it to happen if they do. Maybe just an official origin for a new connected movie series sake?

    No origin! Or at least make him say he lied about it!
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Joker shouldn't exist. There, I said it. It looks like a rip off of 1982's The King of Comedy with DeNiro and Jerry Lewis.
    "I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you!"
  • I don’t normally watch DC stuff but this joker film looks great
  • Just going to say it, I loved Shazam!
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • rollind24
    5586 posts Member
    Just going to say it, I loved Shazam!

    I’ll be seeing that and Pet Sematary tomorrow
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    Just going to say it, I loved Shazam!

    I’ll be seeing that and Pet Sematary tomorrow

    Did you enjoy it?
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • rollind24
    5586 posts Member
    edited April 7
    rollind24 wrote: »
    Just going to say it, I loved Shazam!

    I’ll be seeing that and Pet Sematary tomorrow

    Did you enjoy it?

    Yea it was def one of the better DC movies. Didn’t feel like it was dragged out at all. Beginning was fairly dark and I was with a cousin who hates scary movies but was hesitant to watch a “kids” movie lol. She was highly confused in the beginning lol. Look forward to seeing how the mid credit scene plays out
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • DarthJ
    6461 posts Member
    I'm going to see it Saturday coming with my 6 year old son, can't wait!

    I am watching the Joker trailer fairly regularly, love it...other than the origin aspects. Otherwise cannot wait. October can't come soon enough!
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DarthJ
    6461 posts Member
    Loved Shazam, thought it was a great watch. Some hilarious moments. And a scene I didnt expect!
    the whole Shazam family being introduced as heroes in this film, I expected that to happen in a sequel rather than the first film. Still good though.
    PSN: ibrajoker59

  • Swamp Thing.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • You can skip this post if you don't like Batman v Superman or Justice League.

    Not really spoilers, since we'll probably never see the Snyder Cut:
    I can't post the youtube clip, because it has foul language, but this past weekend Zack Snyder talked about his (and writer Chris Terrio's) version of Justice League at the Q&A where they just screened BvS for charity and took audience questions. Best description we have to date of his version of what JL could have been. You can easily find it by youtubing "zack snyder" and filtering by THIS WEEK) It's refreshing to hear it from the director himself.

    Also circulating online right now is talk about Snyder "defending Batman killing people". Now, I have seen BvS very many times, I am a huge fan of Zack Snyder's work, but I would argue that Batman doesn't actually kill anyone in BvS. Sure, he USES guns and knives, and shoots and stabs people, but they are clearly not death blows and when I watch this film, I try and look for Batman killing someone, and the evidence just isn't there. An explosion is not evidence that someone in said explosion is dead. Having said that, I love Snyder's response to people who complain, "My batman doesn't kill people." "Grow the eff up" is essentially what he said. LOL I like this guy! What do you guys think? Do you think batman killed anyone in BvS and do you care either way? And what do you think about what he said about Darkseid boom-tubing into the batcave to kill Lois Lane?

    I would be fine with it if they just kept it consistent, but in JL Batman clearly is against killing so at this point I think it makes more sense for him to not have killed anyone. My favorite Batman is the dark, self hating one we see in the Under the Red Hood arc (the animated movie based on that is amazing by the way). He blames himself for his mistakes, and he wants to kill Joker so badly, but he knows he can't do it. The problem is that this Batman really doesn't fit in the DCEU. If it was up to me, Batman would be the mysterious, suspicious, genius detective that we see in the JL and JLU TV shows. At first, DCEU Batman is more like an antihero, and then he goes full boy scout mode in Justice League. My ideal Batman would be somewhere in between.
  • rollind24
    5586 posts Member

    Swamp Thing.

    This does look good. Might be able to get the wife into it also since she’s big into horror
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Robert Pattinson will officially be the new Batman. They replaced Ben with a teen vampire.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    Robert Pattinson will officially be the new Batman. They replaced Ben with a teen vampire.

    Not too sure how to feel on this one.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Robert Pattinson will officially be the new Batman. They replaced Ben with a teen vampire.

    Not too sure how to feel on this one.

    I'm just going to wait and see.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • rollind24
    5586 posts Member
    edited May 18
    Robert Pattinson will officially be the new Batman. They replaced Ben with a teen vampire.

    Is it actually confirmed? I read yesterday it was very close to a done deal but not official yet. I’ll give him a chance but not sure I’ll be able to take it seriously.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    Robert Pattinson will officially be the new Batman. They replaced Ben with a teen vampire.

    Is it actually confirmed? I read yesterday it was very close to a done deal but not official yet. I’ll give him a chance but not sure I’ll be able to take it seriously.

    It is almost finalized.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • rollind24
    5586 posts Member
    rollind24 wrote: »
    Robert Pattinson will officially be the new Batman. They replaced Ben with a teen vampire.

    Is it actually confirmed? I read yesterday it was very close to a done deal but not official yet. I’ll give him a chance but not sure I’ll be able to take it seriously.

    It is almost finalized.


    Endgame spoilers below
    Anecdotally, I just mentioned it to the wife who is a big Twilight dork. She laughed and said “could you imagine if he was cast as the new Iron Man” FML [//spoiler]
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »
    Robert Pattinson will officially be the new Batman. They replaced Ben with a teen vampire.

    Is it actually confirmed? I read yesterday it was very close to a done deal but not official yet. I’ll give him a chance but not sure I’ll be able to take it seriously.

    It is almost finalized.


    Endgame spoilers below
    Anecdotally, I just mentioned it to the wife who is a big Twilight dork. She laughed and said “could you imagine if he was cast as the new Iron Man” FML [//spoiler]

    Lol, that would be weird. Apparently they are putting him through a rigorous casting process, and if he fails the runners up are Nic Hoult (Beast) and Aaron Taylor-Johnson (Quicksilver: AoU)
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • DarthJ
    6461 posts Member
    edited May 18
    Robert Pattinson will officially be the new Batman. They replaced Ben with a teen vampire.

    Technically Affleck isn't being replaced - its a younger Batman movie and Affleck is still signed up as Batman.

    I have my doubts but will give it a chance. He is quite picky with his roles and since Twilight ended has become a very good actor. Can see him definitey putting across Bruce Wayne quite well.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Robert Pattinson will officially be the new Batman. They replaced Ben with a teen vampire.

    Hmm...
  • Did I mention Hawkman is supposed to be in the Black Adam movie?
    il_fullxfull.822533138_8a91_1024x1024.jpeg?v=1444301919
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • rollind24
    5586 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Robert Pattinson will officially be the new Batman. They replaced Ben with a teen vampire.

    Technically Affleck isn't being replaced - its a younger Batman movie and Affleck is still signed up as Batman.

    I have my doubts but will give it a chance. He is quite picky with his roles and since Twilight ended has become a very good actor. Can see him definitey putting across Bruce Wayne quite well.

    I hear he’s become quite the actor. I’m just not sure he can overcome Twilight to be Batman. I mean just look at Affleck, I thought he was good at what was given to him, he portrayed Batman as Snyder’s vision and he was believable to me. The pale Twilight guy I fear doesn’t stand a chance
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • DarthJ
    6461 posts Member
    rollind24 wrote: »
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Robert Pattinson will officially be the new Batman. They replaced Ben with a teen vampire.

    Technically Affleck isn't being replaced - its a younger Batman movie and Affleck is still signed up as Batman.

    I have my doubts but will give it a chance. He is quite picky with his roles and since Twilight ended has become a very good actor. Can see him definitey putting across Bruce Wayne quite well.

    I hear he’s become quite the actor. I’m just not sure he can overcome Twilight to be Batman. I mean just look at Affleck, I thought he was good at what was given to him, he portrayed Batman as Snyder’s vision and he was believable to me. The pale Twilight guy I fear doesn’t stand a chance

    But isnt that because you personally cant see past Twilight? haha. Remember, everyone doubted Ledger as Joker, look how that turned out
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • rollind24
    5586 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Robert Pattinson will officially be the new Batman. They replaced Ben with a teen vampire.

    Technically Affleck isn't being replaced - its a younger Batman movie and Affleck is still signed up as Batman.

    I have my doubts but will give it a chance. He is quite picky with his roles and since Twilight ended has become a very good actor. Can see him definitey putting across Bruce Wayne quite well.

    I hear he’s become quite the actor. I’m just not sure he can overcome Twilight to be Batman. I mean just look at Affleck, I thought he was good at what was given to him, he portrayed Batman as Snyder’s vision and he was believable to me. The pale Twilight guy I fear doesn’t stand a chance

    But isnt that because you personally cant see past Twilight? haha. Remember, everyone doubted Ledger as Joker, look how that turned out

    Most likely lol. I also thought Leo Dicaprio was a fan girl actor at first but he does great stuff now.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    A bit hard to see, but that’s Darkseid.
    young-darkseid-justice-league-1175309.jpeg?auto=webp&width=1080&height=1182&crop=1080:1182,smart
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • DarthJ
    6461 posts Member
    Now that would have been amazing. I've been reading into the Snyder cut. I enjoyed Justice League but this would have made it a lot more better. Seeing Darkseid would have been great.

    Apparently, Wonder Woman would have seen a different flashback after touching an artifact, which shows Darkseid before he is Darkseid AKA Uxas leading the invasion of Earth (as per Troop's picture above).

    Sure I read too that we would have seen actual Darkseid with Steppenwolf on Apokolips telling Steppenwolf to invade Earth again

    Ahhh sounds amazing. Would have loved actual GL to have been in too, but that will come in time
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DCEU? Terrible. I don't know how it hasn't been cancelled yet. The only good movie was Wonder Woman, and I guess Man of Steel and Aquaman were okay. I don't know how Shazam! got 90% on Rotten Tomatoes, because it was a cheesy, cliché movie, with only semi-funny jokes. I'm not even going to talk about Batman vs Superman and Justice League.
    Where's the offline content?
    ehwmyfbp0dvm.gif
  • DCEU? Terrible. I don't know how it hasn't been cancelled yet. The only good movie was Wonder Woman, and I guess Man of Steel and Aquaman were okay. I don't know how Shazam! got 90% on Rotten Tomatoes, because it was a cheesy, cliché movie, with only semi-funny jokes. I'm not even going to talk about Batman vs Superman and Justice League.

    Man of Steel is my fav superhero movie ever. In my opinion, it was better. It appealed to me on a level that no other has. Aquaman was leaps and bounds better than WW (Which was poorly written and badly animated). Shazam was also pretty good, but more of a comedic, Big-themed movie.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • DarthJ
    6461 posts Member
    DCEU? Terrible. I don't know how it hasn't been cancelled yet. The only good movie was Wonder Woman, and I guess Man of Steel and Aquaman were okay. I don't know how Shazam! got 90% on Rotten Tomatoes, because it was a cheesy, cliché movie, with only semi-funny jokes. I'm not even going to talk about Batman vs Superman and Justice League.

    Because it still makes a huge amount of money and has a decent audience score for most films, despite not having the Disney paid critics to say 10/10 for every film like Marvel does.

    Wonder Woman was amazing, Shazam was great fun and very enjoyable (I have yet to hear anyone other than you say anything bad about it), Aquaman was a great watch and far better than the critics made it out to be. Man Of Steel was a decent starting point and a good film. I actually really liked Justice League, I thought it was good but could have had elements of the story improved. Admittedly yeah, BvS is very slow but does have its high points (still love the Bats warehouse fight - has to be one of my favourite fight scenes in a superhero film).

    And Suicide Squad is fun at points but isn't great. The less said about Leto's Joker, the better! Marvel has a good few misses too despite what the critics say - off the top of my head, the Iron Man solo films, 2 of the 3 Thor films, Ant-Man and the Wasp, The Incredible Hulk and Avengers AOU were all average to poor.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    DCEU? Terrible. I don't know how it hasn't been cancelled yet. The only good movie was Wonder Woman, and I guess Man of Steel and Aquaman were okay. I don't know how Shazam! got 90% on Rotten Tomatoes, because it was a cheesy, cliché movie, with only semi-funny jokes. I'm not even going to talk about Batman vs Superman and Justice League.

    Because it still makes a huge amount of money and has a decent audience score for most films, despite not having the Disney paid critics to say 10/10 for every film like Marvel does.

    Wonder Woman was amazing, Shazam was great fun and very enjoyable (I have yet to hear anyone other than you say anything bad about it), Aquaman was a great watch and far better than the critics made it out to be. Man Of Steel was a decent starting point and a good film. I actually really liked Justice League, I thought it was good but could have had elements of the story improved. Admittedly yeah, BvS is very slow but does have its high points (still love the Bats warehouse fight - has to be one of my favourite fight scenes in a superhero film).

    And Suicide Squad is fun at points but isn't great. The less said about Leto's Joker, the better! Marvel has a good few misses too despite what the critics say - off the top of my head, the Iron Man solo films, 2 of the 3 Thor films, Ant-Man and the Wasp, The Incredible Hulk and Avengers AOU were all average to poor.

    True. But I feel like the DCEU has way more average-bad films than good films.
    Where's the offline content?
    ehwmyfbp0dvm.gif
  • I'm not even going to talk about Batman vs Superman and Justice League.
    Aw, why not? In my opinion, BvS is the best movie of 2016, and that's a year that saw the releases of both Capt America: Civil War and Rogue One, two of my favorite movies. BvS has THE best Batman action scenes of all time, teases things that would've happened three or four movies down the line, has an actually cool Alfred, has the best intro to wonder woman (Is she with you? I thought she was with you?), has the best intros to Flash and Cyborg. Regarding Lex Luthor, BvS was only an intro and was teasing him for later films such as the Anti-Justice League or Legion of Doom. I, for one, appreciate the love, action and style that Snyder put into Man of Steel, BvS, Suicide Squad (he produced), Wonder Woman (also produced), and Aquaman (also produced). The casting. Wow. Can anyone ever imagine Henry Cavill as anyone other than Superman now? I cannot. The music? Hans Zimmer. Beautiful scores. #ReleaseTheSnyderCut and maybe people will realize how cool and dark the DCEU could've been.

    "I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you!"
  • I'm not even going to talk about Batman vs Superman and Justice League.
    Aw, why not? In my opinion, BvS is the best movie of 2016, and that's a year that saw the releases of both Capt America: Civil War and Rogue One, two of my favorite movies. BvS has THE best Batman action scenes of all time, teases things that would've happened three or four movies down the line, has an actually cool Alfred, has the best intro to wonder woman (Is she with you? I thought she was with you?), has the best intros to Flash and Cyborg. Regarding Lex Luthor, BvS was only an intro and was teasing him for later films such as the Anti-Justice League or Legion of Doom. I, for one, appreciate the love, action and style that Snyder put into Man of Steel, BvS, Suicide Squad (he produced), Wonder Woman (also produced), and Aquaman (also produced). The casting. Wow. Can anyone ever imagine Henry Cavill as anyone other than Superman now? I cannot. The music? Hans Zimmer. Beautiful scores. #ReleaseTheSnyderCut and maybe people will realize how cool and dark the DCEU could've been.

    geraltcavill-800x400.jpg
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • rollind24
    5586 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »
    DCEU? Terrible. I don't know how it hasn't been cancelled yet. The only good movie was Wonder Woman, and I guess Man of Steel and Aquaman were okay. I don't know how Shazam! got 90% on Rotten Tomatoes, because it was a cheesy, cliché movie, with only semi-funny jokes. I'm not even going to talk about Batman vs Superman and Justice League.

    Because it still makes a huge amount of money and has a decent audience score for most films, despite not having the Disney paid critics to say 10/10 for every film like Marvel does.

    Wonder Woman was amazing, Shazam was great fun and very enjoyable (I have yet to hear anyone other than you say anything bad about it), Aquaman was a great watch and far better than the critics made it out to be. Man Of Steel was a decent starting point and a good film. I actually really liked Justice League, I thought it was good but could have had elements of the story improved. Admittedly yeah, BvS is very slow but does have its high points (still love the Bats warehouse fight - has to be one of my favourite fight scenes in a superhero film).

    And Suicide Squad is fun at points but isn't great. The less said about Leto's Joker, the better! Marvel has a good few misses too despite what the critics say - off the top of my head, the Iron Man solo films, 2 of the 3 Thor films, Ant-Man and the Wasp, The Incredible Hulk and Avengers AOU were all average to poor.

    I’ll be watching it on digital in 1.5 hours
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • DarthJ
    6461 posts Member
    rollind24 wrote: »
    DarthJ wrote: »
    DCEU? Terrible. I don't know how it hasn't been cancelled yet. The only good movie was Wonder Woman, and I guess Man of Steel and Aquaman were okay. I don't know how Shazam! got 90% on Rotten Tomatoes, because it was a cheesy, cliché movie, with only semi-funny jokes. I'm not even going to talk about Batman vs Superman and Justice League.

    Because it still makes a huge amount of money and has a decent audience score for most films, despite not having the Disney paid critics to say 10/10 for every film like Marvel does.

    Wonder Woman was amazing, Shazam was great fun and very enjoyable (I have yet to hear anyone other than you say anything bad about it), Aquaman was a great watch and far better than the critics made it out to be. Man Of Steel was a decent starting point and a good film. I actually really liked Justice League, I thought it was good but could have had elements of the story improved. Admittedly yeah, BvS is very slow but does have its high points (still love the Bats warehouse fight - has to be one of my favourite fight scenes in a superhero film).

    And Suicide Squad is fun at points but isn't great. The less said about Leto's Joker, the better! Marvel has a good few misses too despite what the critics say - off the top of my head, the Iron Man solo films, 2 of the 3 Thor films, Ant-Man and the Wasp, The Incredible Hulk and Avengers AOU were all average to poor.

    I’ll be watching it on digital in 1.5 hours

    Can't wait to see it again. My 6 year old son loved it
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • I'm not even going to talk about Batman vs Superman and Justice League.
    Aw, why not? In my opinion, BvS is the best movie of 2016, and that's a year that saw the releases of both Capt America: Civil War and Rogue One, two of my favorite movies. BvS has THE best Batman action scenes of all time, teases things that would've happened three or four movies down the line, has an actually cool Alfred, has the best intro to wonder woman (Is she with you? I thought she was with you?), has the best intros to Flash and Cyborg. Regarding Lex Luthor, BvS was only an intro and was teasing him for later films such as the Anti-Justice League or Legion of Doom. I, for one, appreciate the love, action and style that Snyder put into Man of Steel, BvS, Suicide Squad (he produced), Wonder Woman (also produced), and Aquaman (also produced). The casting. Wow. Can anyone ever imagine Henry Cavill as anyone other than Superman now? I cannot. The music? Hans Zimmer. Beautiful scores. #ReleaseTheSnyderCut and maybe people will realize how cool and dark the DCEU could've been.

    Batman fights Superman because he sees him as a threat for no good reason. Batman only defeats Superman because of kryptonite, and they stop fighting because their mothers have the same name. Then Superman dies and is revived two movies later.

    The DCEU literally rushed everything, and sacrificed plot, common sense, and character development for it.
    Where's the offline content?
    ehwmyfbp0dvm.gif
  • rollind24
    5586 posts Member
    I'm not even going to talk about Batman vs Superman and Justice League.
    Aw, why not? In my opinion, BvS is the best movie of 2016, and that's a year that saw the releases of both Capt America: Civil War and Rogue One, two of my favorite movies. BvS has THE best Batman action scenes of all time, teases things that would've happened three or four movies down the line, has an actually cool Alfred, has the best intro to wonder woman (Is she with you? I thought she was with you?), has the best intros to Flash and Cyborg. Regarding Lex Luthor, BvS was only an intro and was teasing him for later films such as the Anti-Justice League or Legion of Doom. I, for one, appreciate the love, action and style that Snyder put into Man of Steel, BvS, Suicide Squad (he produced), Wonder Woman (also produced), and Aquaman (also produced). The casting. Wow. Can anyone ever imagine Henry Cavill as anyone other than Superman now? I cannot. The music? Hans Zimmer. Beautiful scores. #ReleaseTheSnyderCut and maybe people will realize how cool and dark the DCEU could've been.

    Batman fights Superman because he sees him as a threat for no good reason. Batman only defeats Superman because of kryptonite, and they stop fighting because their mothers have the same name. Then Superman dies and is revived two movies later.

    The DCEU literally rushed everything, and sacrificed plot, common sense, and character development for it.

    I agree DC rushed into the shared universe but I did understand why Batman thought Superman was a threat. It was laid out pretty clear.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    I'm not even going to talk about Batman vs Superman and Justice League.
    Aw, why not? In my opinion, BvS is the best movie of 2016, and that's a year that saw the releases of both Capt America: Civil War and Rogue One, two of my favorite movies. BvS has THE best Batman action scenes of all time, teases things that would've happened three or four movies down the line, has an actually cool Alfred, has the best intro to wonder woman (Is she with you? I thought she was with you?), has the best intros to Flash and Cyborg. Regarding Lex Luthor, BvS was only an intro and was teasing him for later films such as the Anti-Justice League or Legion of Doom. I, for one, appreciate the love, action and style that Snyder put into Man of Steel, BvS, Suicide Squad (he produced), Wonder Woman (also produced), and Aquaman (also produced). The casting. Wow. Can anyone ever imagine Henry Cavill as anyone other than Superman now? I cannot. The music? Hans Zimmer. Beautiful scores. #ReleaseTheSnyderCut and maybe people will realize how cool and dark the DCEU could've been.

    Batman fights Superman because he sees him as a threat for no good reason. Batman only defeats Superman because of kryptonite, and they stop fighting because their mothers have the same name. Then Superman dies and is revived two movies later.

    The DCEU literally rushed everything, and sacrificed plot, common sense, and character development for it.

    I agree DC rushed into the shared universe but I did understand why Batman thought Superman was a threat. It was laid out pretty clear.

    You're right about that part, but the other things I mentioned are stupid and ruin the movie. ESPECIALLY the Martha scene.
    Where's the offline content?
    ehwmyfbp0dvm.gif
  • I'm not even going to talk about Batman vs Superman and Justice League.
    Aw, why not? In my opinion, BvS is the best movie of 2016, and that's a year that saw the releases of both Capt America: Civil War and Rogue One, two of my favorite movies. BvS has THE best Batman action scenes of all time, teases things that would've happened three or four movies down the line, has an actually cool Alfred, has the best intro to wonder woman (Is she with you? I thought she was with you?), has the best intros to Flash and Cyborg. Regarding Lex Luthor, BvS was only an intro and was teasing him for later films such as the Anti-Justice League or Legion of Doom. I, for one, appreciate the love, action and style that Snyder put into Man of Steel, BvS, Suicide Squad (he produced), Wonder Woman (also produced), and Aquaman (also produced). The casting. Wow. Can anyone ever imagine Henry Cavill as anyone other than Superman now? I cannot. The music? Hans Zimmer. Beautiful scores. #ReleaseTheSnyderCut and maybe people will realize how cool and dark the DCEU could've been.

    Batman fights Superman because he sees him as a threat for no good reason. Batman only defeats Superman because of kryptonite, and they stop fighting because their mothers have the same name. Then Superman dies and is revived two movies later.

    The DCEU literally rushed everything, and sacrificed plot, common sense, and character development for it.
    No good reason?  You may recall the conversation had by Bruce and Alfred:  Batman fights the alien being he believes CAN be a threat to the entire Earth, so he and Alfred decide eliminating him is the smartest move.  There is no "Superman" yet at this point in the DCEU, either.  Batman isn't hunting a "good guy."  Man of Steel didn't call him superman and he wasn't yet a hero, he's still figuring out who he is.  (and he was going to be turned evil by Darkseid's Anti-Life Equation, but that didn't happen thanks to WB)  And yes, Batman defeats Superman with his only weakness, how else was he going to stop him?  Those grenades he manufactured are cool, too.  Two movies later to revive Superman is rushed?  I respectfully disagree.  Warner Bros began the DCEU with a superman movie, they weren't going to leave him dead for very long, since he's the most famous of all superheroes, and I'm glad they hinted that in the final shot of BvS, letting audiences know he's not really dead. I would also argue that Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman don't need character development.  Anyone alive knows who they are in some aspect.  I liked how Man of Steel only showed young Clark in flashbacks, allowing more time for action scenes and Krypton.  Kal-El's birth on Krypton is one of my favorite movie scenes of all time.  Jor-El and his wife Lara are perfectly cast imo. I'm certainly not trying to get you to love the DCEU as much as I do, but maybe these comments will allow you to see it in a slightly different light.  Have a nice weekend, see you on the Battlefront.  #ReleaseTheSnyderCut
    "I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you!"
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!