criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Justice League/Worlds of DC

Replies

• I wonder what the theme song will be. Honestly, I wouldn't be mad if they reused one of the old songs.

PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    I wonder what the theme song will be. Honestly, I wouldn't be mad if they reused one of the old songs.

The JL Unlimited one is really good. Really enjoyed the show as well.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • Trooper8059
    10183 posts Member

Bringing this thread back for discussion/thoughts on the new trailer coming in about a week at Comic Con.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • DarthJ
    5148 posts Member
    Still excited. I think Wonder Woman was excellent and being a DC fanboy I think this film we be great. My only gripe is no Green Lantern yet. Superman will inevitably appear at the end if/when Steppenwolf is defeated and Darkseid will appear in the follow up film.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Trooper8059
    10183 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Still excited. I think Wonder Woman was excellent and being a DC fanboy I think this film we be great. My only gripe is no Green Lantern yet. Superman will inevitably appear at the end if/when Steppenwolf is defeated and Darkseid will appear in the follow up film.

Well, the original marketing catchphrase was "Unite The Seven," but I only see six including Superman. ;)

I think our friend Green Lantern will show up at some point.
    batman-vs-superman-theory-what-unite-the-seven-really-means-for-the-justice-league.jpg
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • DarthJ
    5148 posts Member

Well, the original marketing catchphrase was "Unite The Seven," but I only see six including Superman. ;)

I think our friend Green Lantern will show up at some point.
    batman-vs-superman-theory-what-unite-the-seven-really-means-for-the-justice-league.jpg

I hope so. The GL film has been confirmed to be about the whole GL Corps rather than focus on one, so hoping to see all the human GL (except Kyle Rayner, cant stand him). Even if Hal shows up as a cameo appearance or not with his ring yet I would be happy. Or John Stewart. Either would be fine.
  • Strogg1980
    2559 posts Member
    I reallt would have preferred Manhunter over Cyborg tbh...hes a much cooler character and in Supermans absence, he would have braught the heavy hitting the team needs in terms of strength and powers
  • I am so super stoked for this movie. I'm a little bummed that Zack Snyder dropped out, because he is synonymous with the DCEU, but I'm very confident that Joss Whedon can deliver the goods. The Avengers is really great, if he can re-capture that kind of mood, it's gonna rule. BvS is easily my favorite movie from 2016. And I loved Rogue One and Suicide Sqwad, too!
    "We own the sun, we own the sky. We own tomorrow and we want to fly..."
  • Trooper8059
    10183 posts Member
    I am so super stoked for this movie. I'm a little bummed that Zack Snyder dropped out, because he is synonymous with the DCEU, but I'm very confident that Joss Whedon can deliver the goods. The Avengers is really great, if he can re-capture that kind of mood, it's gonna rule. BvS is easily my favorite movie from 2016. And I loved Rogue One and Suicide Sqwad, too!

It's still very much Zack's vision. Joss is just manning the helm for the reshoots.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member

I also think Justice League will be phenomenal.

I also saw Wonder Woman and it was really good.

I believe that Wonder Woman was the beginning of a turnaround for DC.

While I liked Man of Steel, Batman v. Superman, and Suicide Squad, I think the problems that people had with those movies was that: Man of Steel wasn't like the Christopher Reeve Superman films and, instead, focused more on Science Fiction and presenting a what-if, such as what-if Aliens actually came to Earth like Superman in the real world, that Batman v. Superman was too dark, and that Suicide Squad didn't make Joker the bad guy/didn't have enough Joker.

Still, I enjoyed Man of Steel, Batman v. Superman, and Suicide Squad.

With Joss Whedon also helping on the film, I believe it will be quite excellent.
  • I hope the music continues on the trend it's on. I bought the triple vinyl for BvS and the double vinyl for Suicide Squad.
  • Trooper8059
    10183 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    I hope the music continues on the trend it's on. I bought the triple vinyl for BvS and the double vinyl for Suicide Squad.

I hope the music is memorable without Hans Zimmer as the writer/composer.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • I hope the music continues on the trend it's on. I bought the triple vinyl for BvS and the double vinyl for Suicide Squad.

Is Junkie XL doing this on his own this time? I haven't researched it. I usually see the film, then decide if I want the soundtrack. I hope Zimmer does the music for Dunkirk. I loved the Interstellar music, and Dunkirk looks really cool.
  • Trooper8059
    10183 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    I hope the music continues on the trend it's on. I bought the triple vinyl for BvS and the double vinyl for Suicide Squad.

Is Junkie XL doing this on his own this time? I haven't researched it. I usually see the film, then decide if I want the soundtrack. I hope Zimmer does the music for Dunkirk. I loved the Interstellar music, and Dunkirk looks really cool.

I'm sure he will. He only retired from superhero soundtracks.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Trooper8059
    10183 posts Member
    edited July 2017

I would say spoilers, but come on, who doesn't know Superman is going to be in the film?
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • DarthJ
    5148 posts Member

I would say spoilers, but come on, who doesn't know Superman is going to be in the film?

I still don't think he will be in it a huge amount. Its sequel yeah but not this one. Was excited seeing seven there hoping for Green Lantern! But apparently its another batsuit.
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member

Hasn't Danny Elfman been brought on to do some of the music for Justice League?

Thought I read that somewhere.

I'd love to hear Danny Elfman make some Batman music again, like back with Batman 89 and Batman Returns.
  • Trooper8059
    10183 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Jarrad wrote: »

Hasn't Danny Elfman been brought on to do some of the music for Justice League?

Thought I read that somewhere.

I'd love to hear Danny Elfman make some Batman music again, like back with Batman 89 and Batman Returns.

I loved the little nod to the 89 theme in the Suicide Squad after-credits.

0:25

Would be a great call to bring him in.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • 2000sGuy
    5743 posts Member

He only retired from superhero soundtracks.

tenor.gif
    I think Han's soundtracks for DC have been great. I loved how BvS reused the MoS themes, as most superhero movies are constantly changing the theme each movie. Back in the old days like the Raimi Trilogy or Superman movies they used the same music throughout the whole trilogy, then when the theme music stated playing youd get so hyped up. But now you dont get that sense anymore
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Trooper8059
    10183 posts Member
    New Still:
    Justice-League-Movie-Image-Batman-Wonder-Woman-The-Flash.jpg?x42694
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • I like the bass-heavy Justice League theme. The one in the trailer. I think it's Soundgarden, but not totally sure.
  • Trooper8059
    10183 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    About 2 and a half hours left until the Warner Bros panel!
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Trooper8059
    10183 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    It's here!
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Looking forward to this movie! In my opinion, BvS wasn't even that bad, I actually loved it.
    tumblr_m83kl8wd161rv3w3po2_500.gif
    Army or not, you must realize....you are doomed.
  • Looking forward to this movie! In my opinion, BvS wasn't even that bad, I actually loved it.

I liked the first version of the film, but I didn't really care about it or the DCEU until they came out with the Ultimate Edition.

Small changes can go a long way.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    Looking forward to this movie! In my opinion, BvS wasn't even that bad, I actually loved it.
    Looking forward to this movie! In my opinion, BvS wasn't even that bad, I actually loved it.

I liked the first version of the film, but I didn't really care about it or the DCEU until they came out with the Ultimate Edition.

Small changes can go a long way.

Warner Bros. should not have tampered with Batman v. Superman or Suicide Squad.

The execs chopped up Batman v. Superman, which erased Clark Kent's subplot on the reporting/investigations on the Batman in Gotham City, removed more explanations of Lex Luthor's specific manipulations of Batman and Superman, and got rid of Lex speaking to Steppenwolf in the Kryptonian Scout Ship, which provides context of "who was coming" when Batman talked to Lex in jail.

This editing hurt the original release and reception of Batman v. Superman, I feel.

It also didn't help that the execs rushed David Ayer's writing and production on Suicide Squad, which also affected that movie's release and reception.

Thank God the execs were hands off on Wonder Woman, hence, why it was much better received, I feel.

It's good Geoff Johns is in control of things for the DCEU now.

Can't wait for Justice League, looks great!
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    It's here!

SPOILERS BELOW

Also, who you guys think that Alfred was talking to at the end?

Superman or some one else?

Green Lantern?

Steppenwolf did make mention of "No Lanterns, no Kryptonian", when giving his speech about conquering Earth in the trailer.
  • Trooper8059
    10183 posts Member
    It's here!

SPOILERS BELOW

Green Lantern?

Steppenwolf did make mention of "No Lanterns, no Kryptonian", when giving his speech about conquering Earth in the trailer.

If it is a Green Lantern, it'd have to be one that could shake the floor with each step.

I would say Kilowog, though Alfred probably wouldn't be so comfortable around him. :D
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Jarrad wrote: »
    It's here!

SPOILERS BELOW

Green Lantern?

Superman was the first person I thought of when Alfred said that, but it could be Green Lantern or someone else.
    tumblr_m83kl8wd161rv3w3po2_500.gif
    Army or not, you must realize....you are doomed.
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    It's here!

SPOILERS BELOW

Green Lantern?

If it is a Green Lantern, it'd have to be one that could shake the floor with each step.

I would say Kilowog, though Alfred probably wouldn't be so comfortable around him. :D

Yeah, it could be possibly Kilowog, cause, why would Superman make the floor shake with each step he takes?

Then, people are saying Alfred has green light reflecting in his eyeglasses in that scene.

Also, the posters for Justice League say, "Unite the Seven".

The roster of Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Cyborg, Aquaman, and, even Superman, is only six members.

Jason Momoa (Aquaman) also seems to be giving hints at a Green Lantern appearance.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/justice_league/jason-momoa-may-have-just-inadvertently-revealed-that-a-major-green-lantern-announcement-is-incoming-a152708

It'd be nice to see a Green Lantern appearance.

• DarthJ
    5148 posts Member
    Its Superman Alfred is talking to clearly. Alfred would know who he is after Bats fought him and was sympathetic to him in BvS in a way.

Green Lantern is hinted at though. Look at the part where the jet is going down, theres a green light holding up the wing and under it (can't remember exact minute in trailer)
  • DarthJ
    5148 posts Member
    Also, the glass shaking could be from Supes landing.
  • I thought Steppenwolf said "No Atlanteans, No Kryptonians. I'll have to watch it again. DCEU doesn't do post-credits scenes, but maybe the mid-credits scene could be a GL reference.

I think Alfred was talking to Superman. There is a bit of red color in the lower right, could be the cape.
  • Trooper8059
    10183 posts Member
    I thought Steppenwolf said "No Atlanteans, No Kryptonians. I'll have to watch it again. DCEU doesn't do post-credits scenes, but maybe the mid-credits scene could be a GL reference.

I think Alfred was talking to Superman. There is a bit of red color in the lower right, could be the cape.

He does say "No Lanterns."

If it is Superman, I'm a bit confused. Assuming he just came back from the dead, shouldn't he have his black suit and not the red and blue?

We know that suit is coming.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Great point. Maybe it was his glowing eyes. I love that we've seen TWO trailers now and haven't seen Supes yet. This movie has really got my attention now!
  • Trooper8059
    10183 posts Member
    Got a semi-decent shot of Steppenwolf and a few new scenes from Snapchat.

ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • side b00b. But seriously, wait who am I kidding, that's it. I've got nothing mature to say. :smile:
    That certainly is the clearest picture I've seen of Steppenwolf. Just checked Ciaran's imdb page....I'm glad I'm not all that familiar with the actor, either. Never saw Frozen or Game of Thrones. He was in phantom of the opera? that was pretty good. (Gerard Butler as the phantom) Please don't give me a hard time for not watching Game of Thrones, not everyone watches everything, you know.
  • DarthJ
    5148 posts Member
    side b00b. But seriously, wait who am I kidding, that's it. I've got nothing mature to say. :smile:
    That certainly is the clearest picture I've seen of Steppenwolf. Just checked Ciaran's imdb page....I'm glad I'm not all that familiar with the actor, either. Never saw Frozen or Game of Thrones. He was in phantom of the opera? that was pretty good. (Gerard Butler as the phantom) Please don't give me a hard time for not watching Game of Thrones, not everyone watches everything, you know.

I didn't realise Ciaran was playing him, Mance Rayder came over the wall and decided to become Steppenwolf
  • lol, I had to search who the heck Mance Rayder is. Sounds like a Sith to me. Darth Rayder.
  • New promotional artwork for Justice League. Looks like Supes is starting to trickle in.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Colorful. Reminds me of The Super Friends! lol man, I loved that cartoon as a kid. "Meanwhile, back at the Hall of Justice...."
  • A model designer has shown a render of Steppenwolf's head. (For a toy of course.)
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Thanks for that pic, Trooper. I watched Batman v Superman 3D again last night for probably the tenth time. Obviously I really enjoy it. One thing I never really noticed was during their first meeting where Batman hit Superman with his Batmobile, and Superman says, "The Bat is dead. Consider this mercy." Batman is finally face to face with the "alien" that he knows is super-powered, and he's so vulnerable, just getting in a minor fender bender with Superman's leg, but he actually stands his ground with, "Do you bleed?" I'm like, you're going to choose NOW to talk some trash? NOW??
    He could punch you once and you'd die! That was some surprisingly tough talk from a Batman WITHOUT his armored batsuit on. I previously watched this scene thinking, "Oh, they are simply teasing the fight." And they are, but for Batman to not take his threat seriously kinda surprised me last night. I think It just reflects that this older, semi-retired Batman just ain't taking any guff from ANYONE any longer. He had his, "twenty years fighting crime," and now it's personal. It's personal because Superman killed Jack and everyone in the Wayne Enterprises building in Metropolis at the end of Man of Steel. Not really a comment to you, Trooper, but just my thoughts.
  • New looks at Batman's transport, "The Flying Fox"
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • New League Up poster: Justice-League-Up-Full.jpg?auto=format&cs=tinysrgb&q=20&w=786&h=442&fit=crop
  • Wonder Woman 3D Blu ray cover art: 11482141-1434488437110023.jpg
  • I like The Flash's suit. I wonder if Alfred and Bruce helped Barry design it. Seems like it could take a bullet if for some reason he didn't outrun it first.
  • I like The Flash's suit. I wonder if Alfred and Bruce helped Barry design it. Seems like it could take a bullet if for some reason he didn't outrun it first.

Rumor has it he gets a new suit by the end of the movie.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Casey Affleck just said in an interview for another movie that brother Ben has quit the batman role and won't be in Matt Reeves' solo film The Batman. Whaaat?? Say it isn't so , Ben.
  • New images of Atlantean troops. However, their appearance appears to be heavily changed from Justice League to Aquaman.

Justice League:
    justice_league_atlantean_soldier.jpg?x42694

Aquaman:
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif