criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Justice League/Worlds of DC

Replies

• Casey now says he was just joking around. Great news!
    "I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you!"
  • I just realized this will be 1.85:1 aspect ratio, just like the first Avengers. I love it. 3D movies look especially great at home with that aspect ratio. I also like how Guardians of the Galaxy started a trend (maybe didn't start but certainly popularized) of utilizing dynamic aspect ratios, full screen for the action, widescreen for the drama and dialogue scenes. Unless I'm watching a western, I want it to fill the screen.
  • UNSANE_fan75
    1574 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Framed this new official poster in my apt last night.
    justice-league-unite-the-league-poster-1.jpg
    It looks pretty sweet. I also started playing Batman Arkham City for the PS3 again last night in 3D for probably the fifth time since it came out in 2012. I miss playing Batman in 3D. Easily the best videogame of all time for me, hands freakin' down. Yup, even better than Super Mario Bros 3. I think it's even better than arkham origins or arkham knight for ps4. The ps4 one has WAY too much driving with the tank, oops I mean batmobile. It feels more like Twisted Metal: Batman than a batman game. I want to play detective, not blow stuff up with missiles!
  • New trailer on Sunday.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Bring on the 1.85:1 entertainment! I hope the rest of the DCEU movies use this format. 3D looks oh so much better at home in this format.
  • It's Superman! (Nah it's just a dream.)
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • It's almost here. Remember The Flash's line from BvS: "It's Lois! Lois Lane is the key! Am I too early? You have to find us Bruce!" That scene rules and I hope it's further explained in JL. Why is Lois the key? The key to resurrecting Superman? I love that I don't know.
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    The trailers have stopped for now. Was going to post the first one, but they just kept coming. :D
    Anyway, here they are:

ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • 2 weeks, The hype increases
    JEFF GOLDBLUM A GOD

• Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    2 weeks, The hype increases

I'm sure the movie won't be good. I'll have to go in with very low expectations.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • Darkaid wrote: »
    2 weeks, The hype increases

I'm sure the movie won't be good. I'll have to go in with very low expectations.

That’s the spirit lol
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    WB has put out 7 clips from the movie.

I really like how you can hear a slight nod to the Danny Elfman Batman theme when Batman meets with Gordon. It's similar to what they did in Suicide Squad.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • I just hope it isn’t full of Zack Snyder weird CGI. I don’t know how to put my finger in it since MCU has plenty of CGI but it seems more grounded and real.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • November is finally here. I've seen Thor 3, that was like the opening act. Time for the headliner. :) (Nothing against the MCU, I'm just a bigger DCEU fan, that's all.) Heck, I'll probably be playing Battlefront II and seeing JL on the same night. What a rad month it's shaping up to be.
  • Going to see this Tuesday (no spoilers please!), but I see critics are panning it whilst audience reviews are quite high. So overall a mixed reception. If this were a Marvel movie critics would be fawning over it....

I love both but DC is automatically derided for no other reason than it the DC cinematic universe came after Marvels. Although if they were older they would remember the Keaton Batman films and Christopher Reeves Superman films paving the way forward...
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Going to see this Tuesday (no spoilers please!), but I see critics are panning it whilst audience reviews are quite high. So overall a mixed reception. If this were a Marvel movie critics would be fawning over it....

I love both but DC is automatically derided for no other reason than it the DC cinematic universe came after Marvels. Although if they were older they would remember the Keaton Batman films and Christopher Reeves Superman films paving the way forward...

The movie has it's flaws, but for me at least, the positives outweigh the negatives. I put it below Wonder Woman, but not by a large margin.

I just wish they weren't limited to a 2 hour runtime by WB. I feel plot points could have been fleshed out further should they have been given more time.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • DarthJ
    6666 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Going to see this Tuesday (no spoilers please!), but I see critics are panning it whilst audience reviews are quite high. So overall a mixed reception. If this were a Marvel movie critics would be fawning over it....

The movie has it's flaws, but for me at least, the positives outweigh the negatives. I put it below Wonder Woman, but not by a large margin.

I just wish they weren't limited to a 2 hour runtime by WB. I feel plot points could have been fleshed out further should they have been given more time.

Thats good to hear. Wonder Woman was a great watch to me.
  • Yeah the new film was really good. Soooooooo much more concentrated on the plot at hand than trying to do 3 things at once. Im looking at you, Batman v Superman, you mess you. After this and Wonder Woman, things might be looking up for DC
    Cool to see Lex Luthor and Slade Wilson talking about forming the Legion of Doom in the after credits
  • I loved it, but I still want an extended Zack Snyder director's cut on blu ray. 2 hrs is simply too short for this story.
    Cyborg was my least known going in, and now he's one of my favorites. The actor Ray Fisher is great.
  • DarthJ
    6666 posts Member
    Saw it today and loved it! Really got a good team feel, as in all heroes played a good part. Individual movies will be interesting.
  • UNSANE_fan75
    1574 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I think since WB has officially announced Flashpoint, I believe they are going to have the Flash go back in time to save his mother, in turn altering history where Bruce Wayne dies in Crime Alley, and Thomas Wayne becomes Batman and Martha Wayne becomes, get this, Joker. I am really hoping they do, that would be really interesting to watch unfold.
    I mean, why else would Snyder cast huge actors such as Lauren Cohen as Martha (Maggie on Walking Dead) and Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Thomas Wayne (Negan on Walking Dead) for tiny bit parts in B v S Dawn of Justice unless they're going to use them down the road? I think this would be a great way for Ben Affleck to leave the Batman role, not that I want him to, I think he's great, but I like the idea of a female Joker. especially Martha. Look at this pic, she'd make an EXCELLENT female joker:
    GObGeW9.jpg
    I should also say that I didn't come up with this, I've just read about it online, and I agreed.
  • Pondering the future of DCEU ahead...
    Anyone else think WB/DC will go the Flashpoint route of an alternate timeline where Bruce Wayne dies in Crime Alley and Thomas and Martha Wayne become Batman and Joker respectively? Why else would they cast big actors for those characters in B v S Dawn of Justice? I think we're going to see Jeffrey Dean Morgan aka the Comedian aka Negan as the Batman and Lauren Cohen aka Maggie from Walking Dead as Joker. It's likely, methinks.
  • Pondering the future of DCEU ahead...
    Anyone else think WB/DC will go the Flashpoint route of an alternate timeline where Bruce Wayne dies in Crime Alley and Thomas and Martha Wayne become Batman and Joker respectively? Why else would they cast big actors for those characters in B v S Dawn of Justice? I think we're going to see Jeffrey Dean Morgan aka the Comedian aka Negan as the Batman and Lauren Cohen aka Maggie from Walking Dead as Joker. It's likely, methinks.
    I think the Flashpoint film is completely dependent on Justice League. Since Justice League didn't do too well,
    they may not go that route yet.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • OOM19
    2832 posts Member
    It bombed

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Not sure why my thing posted twice. The first one didn't post so I made the second one, but then both showed up, sorry about that. And I'm going to see Justice League again this week at the IMAX, I want to see it again. It's great.
  • DarthJ
    6666 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Surprised it didnt do well. Really enjoyed it. Critics who condemn anything not marvel have helped hit it, as per.
  • I didn't think it was the coolest movie ever, but it certainly is better than most everything else out there, even with MAJOR CGI issues. It's unfortunate that Snyder's personal life interrupted his filmmaking, but that's life. Like Walter Sobchek says to Donnie, "Life does not start and stop at your convenience..." If Snyder had been able to finish JL without interruption, I think we would've gotten a slightly different, and more importantly, longer movie. The heads at WB insisted on a 2hr runtime. What for? Fire those *****. JL is losing money because of THAT decision, not the actual content of the movie. I'll be buying the 3D blu ray day one regardless.
  • I hope they dont plan on canceling future DCEU projects. I really wanna see how this universe turns out to be.
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    I hope they dont plan on canceling future DCEU projects. I really wanna see how this universe turns out to be.

I feel they need to take some months or a year to plan everything out before moving forward.

Every film thus far seems to be them throwing things out and trying to see what sticks.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Watching Batman V Superman last night I noticed this graffiti in spanish that says, "Who watches the watchmen?"
    Never saw that before. Thought that was a pretty cool easter egg. https://youtu.be/YO3r4UjOFIw?t=55s
  • Watching Batman V Superman last night I noticed this graffiti in spanish that says, "Who watches the watchmen?"
    Never saw that before. Thought that was a pretty cool easter egg. https://youtu.be/YO3r4UjOFIw?t=55s

It's pretty cool that they hint at the Watchmen. Especially how now they are bringing them into the rest of the DCU in the comics right now with Doomsday Clock.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif

It's pretty cool that they hint at the Watchmen. Especially how now they are bringing them into the rest of the DCU in the comics right now with Doomsday Clock.

I heard about that. I loved the film and the graphic novel.
    Watching Batman V Superman last night I noticed this graffiti in spanish that says, "Who watches the watchmen?"

To many folks' chagrin, so I hear. I don't read the comics myself. But man, I sure love me some BvS. Easily my fave film of 2016, 17, and so far, 2018. lol
  • Aside from the horrible CG mustache removal, this movie rules. The scenes with the Amazonians, the scene of the ancient battle between Earth and Steppenwolf (with that awesome Lantern shot), holy crap there are some really cool scenes in this. The Flash came across as very like-able, and oh man Diana never looked better. I'd say my favorite shot is the one where Gordon meets up with Batman and the team at the Bat-signal. Iconic! Am I the only one who appreciates this movie?
    batman-gift.gif?w=616
  • rollind24
    5854 posts Member
    Aside from the horrible CG mustache removal, this movie rules. The scenes with the Amazonians, the scene of the ancient battle between Earth and Steppenwolf (with that awesome Lantern shot), holy **** there are some really cool scenes in this. The Flash came across as very like-able, and oh man Diana never looked better. I'd say my favorite shot is the one where Gordon meets up with Batman and the team at the Bat-signal. Iconic! Am I the only one who appreciates this movie?
    batman-gift.gif?w=616

Na I liked it also. Problem to me was the lead up. WB should have had solo movies for everyone first. I like the Lasso of Truth on Aquaman lol
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    I had big hopes for this movie but it was a let-down. Felt like a cheap knockoff Avenger film.
    Psn: Jello770
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    Also they should have used the Barry Allen from the TV show, not a whole different actor. I do understand why they did that though.
    Psn: Jello770
  • Right on @rollind24. But you can't let that (the leadup or WB's handling of things) bring ya down. Ya gotta hold onto the things about it that you like. That's how I get through Jar Jar Wars: Episode 1, fast forward to the stuff I like. The scenes with Sidious and Maul are among star wars best! I've always thought that Ian McDiarmid was the best actor in all of star wars, and was really excited when he reprised his role in Episode 1.
  • rollind24
    5854 posts Member
    Right on @rollind24. But you can't let that (the leadup or WB's handling of things) bring ya down. Ya gotta hold onto the things about it that you like. That's how I get through Jar Jar Wars: Episode 1, fast forward to the stuff I like. The scenes with Sidious and Maul are among star wars best! I've always thought that Ian McDiarmid was the best actor in all of star wars, and was really excited when he reprised his role in Episode 1.

Don’t get me wrong, I liked the movie. It’s not nearly as bad as you would believe only reading reviews.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Jrob122 wrote: »
    I'd watch it but Ben affleck ruined Batman for me. Bale will always be my fav

Adam West.
    "It's true. All of it. The Dark Side. The Jedi. They're real". -Han Solo
    okjzkqv763wu.png
    On Yoda's Flying Chair: The floating chair has a little area in between the hovering part and his cushion that allows him to go whenever he wants. That is why Mace always looks like he just smelled something bad.
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    Jrob122 wrote: »
    I'd watch it but Ben affleck ruined Batman for me. Bale will always be my fav

Adam West.

Kevin Conroy.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • I suppose that's the deciding factor for most people, who is Batman. Personally, I like Ben Affleck's (or to be more specific Zack Snyder's Batman) take the best. The voice, the suits (esp the shorter bat-ears) the gadgets, the vehicles, I think they all drive circles around Bale's (and Nolan's) Batman. I love the Frank Miller Dark Knight Returns Batman.
    Don't get me wrong, I loved TDK trilogy, but I love this more. I think it's superior in every way. Please don't hate, it's just my opinion. I only bumped this thread to check to see if anyone has enjoyed Justice League on blu-ray (or 3D blu as I have) as much as I have. It's the best "flop" I've ever seen.
  • rollind24
    5854 posts Member
    Anyone have thoughts on Shazam? I don’t know anything about this character but now that you can see the costume there’s some more buzz.

Seems like Big meets superhero movie? I’m curious, seems like quite a departure from the DC bleakness so far.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    Anyone have thoughts on Shazam? I don’t know anything about this character but now that you can see the costume there’s some more buzz.

Seems like Big meets superhero movie? I’m curious, seems like quite a departure from the DC bleakness so far.

No thoughts at this time. Haven't seen the costume, but heard it was revealed. I'm really hoping for either Superman or Cyborg to be in it. I'm all for DCEU movies featuring cameos from other characters, like how Suicide Squad has Batman and Flash cameos (cool ones, too). OK, just looked at the costume, with him drinking through a straw, not bad, not bad at all. The texturing looks similar to Superman's. This was the actor from the TV show Chuck, which I never saw, so at least I don't have any preconceived negative notions of the guy, so that's good!
    Could this movie be aimed at a younger audience? Like you said, Big meets superhero, wasn't Big rated PG?
  • rollind24 wrote: »

Why did they chose Zackary Levi to play Shazam? The Rock looks fit to be Black Adam. But why on this good earth, earth-2, or any of the other earths, did they chose that guy to play Shazam?
    "It's true. All of it. The Dark Side. The Jedi. They're real". -Han Solo
    okjzkqv763wu.png
    On Yoda's Flying Chair: The floating chair has a little area in between the hovering part and his cushion that allows him to go whenever he wants. That is why Mace always looks like he just smelled something bad.
  • rollind24
    5854 posts Member
    rollind24 wrote: »

Why did they chose Zackary Levi to play Shazam? The Rock looks fit to be Black Adam. But why on this good earth, earth-2, or any of the other earths, did they chose that guy to play Shazam?

Oh I have no idea. Don’t know much about Zach Levi to have an opinion, I’m just glad it wasn’t Zachary Quinto. When I first read Zachary Levi I got them mixed up and thought it was Quinto playing Shazam so I’m happy lol.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Cool Official video of Gary Clark Jr covering the Beatles' Come Together for the Justice League Soundtrack. I like the original, but this is a cool twist on it I thought. Enjoy! https://youtube.com/watch?v=r7imYeuAfkg

• Check out this video showing scenes of JL that weren't in the theatrical cut or the blu-ray deleted scenes. Methinks the Snyder Cut may actually exist....whether WB ever releases it is another story, plus it was officially announced that Snyder's next movie will be The Fountainhead.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=-tXd4FPYu-8

There is also this totally new exclusive Shazam trailer: zJw8D.gif
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    Check out this video showing scenes of JL that weren't in the theatrical cut or the blu-ray deleted scenes. Methinks the Snyder Cut may actually exist....whether WB ever releases it is another story, plus it was officially announced that Snyder's next movie will be The Fountainhead.

And yet we're still waiting on that Aquaman trailer. I want to see those battle scenes everyone seems to be raving about.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • rollind24
    5854 posts Member
    Check out this video showing scenes of JL that weren't in the theatrical cut or the blu-ray deleted scenes. Methinks the Snyder Cut may actually exist....whether WB ever releases it is another story, plus it was officially announced that Snyder's next movie will be The Fountainhead.

Lol excellent, can’t ever go wrong with Chappelle

I’d be curious to see. Snyder cut but I’m not so sure how much it would improve
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • New official photo from Aquaman movie:
    53i6jbhjaebn.jpg

I have a good feeling about this. I like the list of actors: We've got Momoa, Kidman, Wilson, Heard, Dafoe, Dolph Lundgren! And whoa clone master Temeura Morrison is in this, along with Thorin's cousin Dwalin - Graham McTavish! The guy playing Black Manta I haven't seen before: Yahya Abdul-Mateen II.
    I will add that I already LOVE the DCEU and that BvS is my favorite movie of 2016, with rogue one closely behind. HUGE zack snyder fan over here, especially 300 and man of steel.