criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Justice League/Worlds of DC

Replies

• Really hoping there is either a Bruce Wayne, Diana Prince, Victor Stone, Barry Allen, Lois Lane, Perry White or Clark Kent cameo in this, I don't want it to be so stand-alone that there's nothing connecting it to the other films.

"This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel." - Jyn Erso
  • Trooper8059
    10184 posts Member
    Really hoping there is either a Bruce Wayne, Diana Prince, Victor Stone, Barry Allen, Lois Lane, Perry White or Clark Kent cameo in this, I don't want it to be so stand-alone that there's nothing connecting it to the other films.

I have a feeling that they'd save something like that for an end credit scene.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Really hoping there is either a Bruce Wayne, Diana Prince, Victor Stone, Barry Allen, Lois Lane, Perry White or Clark Kent cameo in this, I don't want it to be so stand-alone that there's nothing connecting it to the other films.

That would work for me as well.
  • rollind24
    4703 posts Member
    Really hoping there is either a Bruce Wayne, Diana Prince, Victor Stone, Barry Allen, Lois Lane, Perry White or Clark Kent cameo in this, I don't want it to be so stand-alone that there's nothing connecting it to the other films.

A Shazam tease? Is that movie going to be connected to DCEU?
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 wrote: »

I still don't know who or what Shazam is. A Captain Caveman or Grape Ape movie would be more familiar ground for me. No sarcasm. But I'm hopeful that Shazam will be fun and exciting.
  • rollind24
    4703 posts Member
    rollind24 wrote: »

I still don't know who or what Shazam is. A Captain Caveman or Grape Ape movie would be more familiar ground for me. No sarcasm. But I'm hopeful that Shazam will be fun and exciting.

Same. I guess Shazam was known in DC Comics as Captain Marvel it something. MCU’s Captain Marvel not related.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Trooper8059
    10184 posts Member

Same. I guess Shazam was known in DC Comics as Captain Marvel it something. MCU’s Captain Marvel not related.

Yeah he used to be called Captain Marvel but since then has been switched to Shazam due to obvious reasons. I will admit my knowledge on him is limited as well. To me, Shazam is the answer to "What if a kid had the powers of Superman?"
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • rollind24
    4703 posts Member
    edited July 21
    Shazam Trailer. Looks good to me. The kids are excited to see it now also so bonus.

#infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24
    4703 posts Member
    Aquaman Trailer

#infantrylivesmatter
  • Shazam definitely looks like a kid's movie. Which I was kind of hoping for, but why didn't they show Black Adam.
    Aquaman looks exactly like I would expect. I think they are really trying to show just how powerful Aquaman is in this movie. I can't wait to see that giant battle scene with crocs vs crabs.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • rollind24
    4703 posts Member
    edited July 21
    Shazam definitely looks like a kid's movie. Which I was kind of hoping for, but why didn't they show Black Adam.
    Aquaman looks exactly like I would expect. I think they are really trying to show just how powerful Aquaman is in this movie. I can't wait to see that giant battle scene with crocs vs crabs.

Yea both of these trailers have me excited. I was also really really pumped for Suicide Squad though thinking DC had learned. Wonder Woman was a good standalone though so hopefully they keep it going.

Hopefully we get that WW 1984 teaser online before the weekends over.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Loving that Aquaman trailer. Cinematography looks great thus far, and I can definitely see why early viewers were quick to mention the battle scenes.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Then, for those of you who really liked the show. Young Justice will be making a return.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Loved both the Aquaman and Shazam trailers, more excited for Shazam though
    tumblr_m83kl8wd161rv3w3po2_500.gif
    Army or not, you must realize....you are doomed.
  • rollind24
    4703 posts Member
    Loved both the Aquaman and Shazam trailers, more excited for Shazam though

I think I am too because it’s a character I really know nothing about.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Kniphtee
    991 posts Member
    Not sure anything DC puts out will have me buying a ticket - my kids ask to have it put on our library dvd list - no hope other than a night to have popcorn … have to agree. Marvel has outdone DC - how much could have been done with The Joker and Harley...I have tat for my thoughts on The Joker (Mark)….not sure I have a shovel to bail it out...
  • Trooper8059
    10184 posts Member
    Changed the title to Worlds of DC after the announcement that the cinematic universe will no longer go under the name of DC Extended Universe.

I'm thinking they are now trying to delve into the multiverse. There's the solo Joker movie with Joaquin Phoenix and the likely chance that the Batman movie will not feature Ben Affleck. It may be a shift from a connected universe to more solo based movies for the time being.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Changed the title to Worlds of DC after the announcement that the cinematic universe will no longer go under the name of DC Extended Universe.

I'm thinking they are now trying to delve into the multiverse. There's the solo Joker movie with Joaquin Phoenix and the likely chance that the Batman movie will not feature Ben Affleck. It may be a shift from a connected universe to more solo based movies for the time being.

I think that the new batman movie may be about him twenty years ago, because they make several references to his past in the movies. It would be cool to have him and a younger Robin in the same movie. Though, I never want to see this new Robin (from the new Titans show) in a movie, I find him rather disturbing.
    itt96uodu82s.gif

I've heard a little about that. I find it interesting that both Enchantress and Shazam both get their powers by simply saying their name aloud. That's really strange. Also Marvel has Doctor Strange and DC has Dr. Hugo Strange.
    The Arkham Batman video games introduced me to
    Shazam Trailer. Looks good to me. The kids are excited to see it now also so bonus.

This looks pretty funny. "Oh hey, sup I'm a superhero." Seems like a parody but it's real. It'd be funny if they made a Capt Marvel reference.
  • rollind24
    4703 posts Member

I've heard a little about that. I find it interesting that both Enchantress and Shazam both get their powers by simply saying their name aloud. That's really strange. Also Marvel has Doctor Strange and DC has Dr. Hugo Strange.
    The Arkham Batman video games introduced me to

This looks pretty funny. "Oh hey, sup I'm a superhero." Seems like a parody but it's real. It'd be funny if they made a Capt Marvel reference.

I better at least see one Zoltar machine in the background during this movie. I kind of got a Big/Spider-Man vibe from the trailer.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • UNSANE_fan75
    1214 posts Member
    edited July 24
    ha, yes a Zoltar reference would be really cool! (Not sure why my "draft" came through on that last post. I think I was going to say that most of my obscure Batman villain knowledge has come from playing all the Arkham games on PS3, not from comics. I meant to delete the comment about Suicide Squad, because no one cares about Enchantress except me. :smile: I'm just in love with Cara. No biggie.

Glad to see the Worlds of DC has a real name. Now let's roll out the hits! Four Joker stand alone movies! Tom Cruise and the Rock are the new Batman and Robin. Kidding, of course. Gonna watch the Aquaman trailer in an hour during lunch. I hope Mera is prominently featured if you know what I mean.

Edited post to replace censored abbreviation with full film title. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • Just watched the Aquaman SDCC trailer. Not my favorite trailer (that's the first Rogue One teaser with all the footage that didn't make the final cut) but I think it's just the trailer -- I think the final product will be entertaining (and hopefully have a Diana cameo or SOMETHING to show that it's part of a larger movie universe).
  • Kniphtee
    991 posts Member
    Can we get a real Joker and Harley story? There has to be a few hundred thousand storylines to decide, then get some real gritty/dark actors and sub-in someone a few years younger than me as Batman - make it a trilogy where Bats loses to set up another blockbuster. The last how many with Affleck and crew are dvd watches...once and return, not worth a Redbox - straight from the library...pause to make popcorn, chuckle occasionally and forget by tomorrow. DC needs to fix this - Warner Bros...Bugs Bunny is crying 'What's up doc?'
  • Shazam trailer looks great, I like the different approach they're going with here. Not too much a fan of aqua man though, looks just like underwater black panther full of cheesy one liners. Plus DC seems to be restarting everything, fired Snyder, going with the Low budget Joker standalone. DC knows they screwed up, and I actually think they might fix it.
    "Never tell me the odds!"
  • rollind24
    4703 posts Member
    I like the trailer. Had a Big/Spider-Man Homecoming vibe to it. I really hope DC is able to turns things around.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Kniphtee
    991 posts Member
    The header is enough and sends a statement about DC anymore - funny stuff.
  • DarthJ
    5178 posts Member
    Why does everyone seem to assume DC is needing saved? They still rake in the money. They outsell Marvel at many other things (comics especially, which is where it all started). Hardly needs saved. A couple of average films and everyonw goes into meltdown.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59
  • rollind24
    4703 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Why does everyone seem to assume DC is needing saved? They still rake in the money. They outsell Marvel at many other things (comics especially, which is where it all started). Hardly needs saved. A couple of average films and everyonw goes into meltdown.

When I say I hope DC can turn things around I mean by their current movies. I know DC as a whole isn’t in trouble. I don’t find the movies dreadful like you would be lead to believe if you only read rotten tomatoes scores on some of these movies. Justice League was actually pretty good I thought. Suicide Squad was a letdown to me but it did lay some good ground work with Deadshot and Quinn. Joker was fine in my opinion, hard to top Ledgers version and can’t hold the joker to that standard.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • EA_Cian
    1086 posts EA Moderator
    Merged a Shazam trailer thread into this one, keep on talking all things Worlds of DC here. :smile:

• https://screenrant.com/shazam-movie-wizard-actor-mystery/
    I also thought it was odd when the wizard Shazam's face was obscured.
  • How are we going to abbreviate Worlds of DC as easily as MCU? WoDC? I liked DCEU better to be honest.
    Watched the Aquaman and Shazam SDCC 2018 panels, they were fun. I like Zach Levi, he was really funny and like-able. I've never seen Chuck but I think he was one of Thor's "Warriors Three" in the first two Thor flicks. These panels always get me more hyped to see the movies. Enjoy!

]
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    A couple of average films and everyonw goes into meltdown.
    tumblr_mu01yqLE061r1k6vvo4_500.gif
    Couldn't resist!

• How are we going to abbreviate Worlds of DC as easily as MCU? WoDC? I liked DCEU better to be honest.
    Watched the Aquaman and Shazam SDCC 2018 panels, they were fun. I like Zach Levi, he was really funny and like-able. I've never seen Chuck but I think he was one of Thor's "Warriors Three" in the first two Thor flicks. These panels always get me more hyped to see the movies. Enjoy!

]
    I heard that Worlds of DC isn’t actually the official name, it’s just what everybody thought after it simply said “Welcome to the Worlds of DC” at SDCC.
  • Trooper8059
    10184 posts Member
    How are we going to abbreviate Worlds of DC as easily as MCU? WoDC? I liked DCEU better to be honest.

Yeah the name hasn't really stuck with me either. DC Worlds rolls a lot better off the tongue. DCW also works as a much better abbreviation.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/09/12/henry-cavill-exits-superman-dc-extended-universe-movies/

Henry Cavill is out as Superman. I’m not sure how I feel about this. Maybe a Flashpoint really is going to reset everything? I don’t know a whole lot about that comic book storyline besides it’s a reset event
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Whoa. They mentioned a possible Superman cameo in Shazam, that would've been cool.
    Well, we'll always have Man of Steel. It's like a 9/10 for me.
    https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/09/12/henry-cavill-exits-superman-dc-extended-universe-movies/

Henry Cavill is out as Superman. I’m not sure how I feel about this. Maybe a Flashpoint really is going to reset everything? I don’t know a whole lot about that comic book storyline besides it’s a reset event

His agent tweeted today that he's still got the cape in his closet (implying he's still Superman). But then WB tweeted a very vague statement that of course says nothing of substance. Stay tuned, I suppose.
  • DCEU and Henry Cavill have both hinted and even said that nothing negative or positive has transpired in between Henry and the DCEU. He is still Superman. But Ben Affleck's role is still up in the air, because he wants to stop acting.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • DCEU and Henry Cavill have both hinted and even said that nothing negative or positive has transpired in between Henry and the DCEU. He is still Superman. But Ben Affleck's role is still up in the air, because he wants to stop acting.

I would also like to mention that Henry's agent said that the DCEU is still in very good relations with Mr. Cavill.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Joaquin Phoenix' screen test as Arthur Fleck:
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• F03hammer wrote: »

Well, I am going to have nightmares for a while.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • Dash
    11083 posts Member
    edited September 22
    F03hammer wrote: »

Well, I am going to have nightmares for a while.

Lmfao! :lol:

But on the real though, I Poodoo’d myself :neutral:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Kloon
    9kxfgzb9tacz.gif

• wrl9tuej7kih.jpeg

It’s got a release date
    #infantrylivesmatter
    wrl9tuej7kih.jpeg

It’s got a release date

So they are going to introduce Cain instead of Gordon? I wonder if she will have any ties to Batman's past.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • Titans just looks like they didn't really try. Raven looks like a hobo with purple hair. Also, how hard is it to paint a girl orange and a boy green? Robin is a psycho path.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • Titans just looks like they didn't really try. Raven looks like a hobo with purple hair. Also, how hard is it to paint a girl orange and a boy green? Robin is a psycho path.
    Good thing I love watching Teen Titans GO :smiley:
    Good thing I love watching Teen Titans GO :smiley:

Teen Titans from the early 2000's is where it is at.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • Something for Aquaman is coming tomorrow. New trailer? New screenshots?
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Something for Aquaman is coming tomorrow. New trailer? New screenshots?

Sweet.
    itt96uodu82s.gif

• Here is the extended trailer for Aquaman. I am so excited.
    itt96uodu82s.gif