criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Justice League/Worlds of DC

Replies

• Watched The Dark Knight for the first time today. I have got to say, I think I like Ben Affleck as an actor a bit better. Christian Bale kind of came off as a bit arrogant to me as Bruce Wayne. They tried to keep DK as realistic as possible, which I thought was awesome in some places and kind of awkward in others. Seeing Batman run away at the end of the movie was kind of cringey, I thought it would have been better if he used a grappling hook. Good movie though, and great Joker. Haven't seen one that disturbing since Mark Hamill played him.

When I first heard Affleck was playing Batman I laughed but I think he does just fine. The criticism I see of him as Batman are more director related and I don’t think people see that, they just want to hate in Affleck as Batman.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • I think I am going to try one month of the DCU streaming service.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Dang, Young Justice: Outsiders is intense you. There is a lot of blood.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • So far I am liking Outsiders.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • The animated section of DCU has Batman/Superman the animated series, Static Shock, Teen Titans, Batman Beyond, Batman: The Brave and the Bold, and the Legion of Superheroes! Alright, I am officially enjoying this streaming service.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • So I watched the first like 20 minutes of Titans, and my thoughts are that what they try to picture Grayson Robin as is basically Damian. There is no difference. This Robin's version of justice is cruelty in the utmost and I don't like it. That is why I could only take 20 minutes of it.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • So I watched the first like 20 minutes of Titans, and my thoughts are that what they try to picture Grayson Robin as is basically Damian. There is no difference. This Robin's version of justice is cruelty in the utmost and I don't like it. That is why I could only take 20 minutes of it.

who is damian?
    cause everything you read on the internet is true...

who is damian?

Damian Wayne? The Son of Batman? From one of the most popular comic series ever. He is the son of Batman and Talia Al Ghul. Trained as a prince of assassins since birth. His version of justice is executions, and he enjoys hurting his enemies before killing them. He is the latest to wear the mantle of Robin.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • DarthJ
    6051 posts Member
    Ive never been struck on Damien Wayne to be honest, I just find him to basically be a young Ras Al Ghul. Just my opinion. Yet to start Titans but have started Black Lightning recently
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    Ive never been struck on Damien Wayne to be honest, I just find him to basically be a young Ras Al Ghul. Just my opinion. Yet to start Titans but have started Black Lightning recently

Is Black Lightning any good? Is Static Shock in it?
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • DarthJ
    6051 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »

Is Black Lightning any good? Is Static Shock in it?

Its decent, I'm 5 or 6 episodes in. First episode I was indifferent but stuck with it and its decent so far. Not amazing by any means but worth a watch.

Static isn't in it.
  • OOM19
    2830 posts Member
    Shazam looks really cool
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Just finished watching The Dark Knight Returns: Part 1. That movie is awesome, and it reminds me of the Batman in the Justice League. Old, grizzled, and tough. That would be a great Batman storyline to go off of in a Batman movie.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • Kind of excited for the Doom Patrol streaming show that comes out next month.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • itt96uodu82s.gif
  • Trooper8059
    10197 posts Member
    edited January 20
    New look at Shazam, perhaps a little something to hold people over until the second trailer releases?
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • New look at Shazam, perhaps a little something to hold people over until the second trailer releases?

I wish I could get a lair from a real-estate agent.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • DarthJ
    6051 posts Member
    edited January 21
    New look at Shazam, perhaps a little something to hold people over until the second trailer releases?

I still like the look of it, very goofy, Big type of vibe. Bit more action to be seen as well in parts.

Finished Black Lightning season 1 - not spectacular by any means but well worth a watch, decent story, some decent characters and generally an enjoyable watch. Only drawbacks is it can be too political at times with events going on in the world (which I agree need a spotlight but sometimes it feels like the show brings items up needlessly), and there isn't much in terms of action. OK amount generally but not what you would expect. Focusses on his life a lot more.

Will definitely try season 2.
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »
    Ezra Miller Flash. What the heck is going on with him?????

[
  • Jarrad wrote: »
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    Jarrad wrote: »
    @Trooper8059

There are three things that I'm hoping for for the first Justice League movie:

I hope that the first Justice League movie acts as a standalone movie and won't need to have a sequel

I also hope that the first Justice League movie doesn't end on a cliffhanger

I also hope that the first Justice League movie doesn't spend the majority of its time trying to set up future movies, but rather, chooses to focus on telling a good, self-contained story

@Darkaid

No, I'm quite certain that Superman will show up in this movie, but, most likely, in the third act or at the very end, rather than sitting out of Justice League 1 and later making his re-appearance in Justice League 2.

But yeah, Green Lantern would probably show up in Justice League 2.

Maybe one of the teammates in this movie will bite it and Green Lantern would show up and take their place.

My money would be on Cyborg.

However, maybe no one will die and Green Lantern will just be added to the roster later.

Cyborg's supposed to be appearing in the flash solo movie

Really?

Had no idea.

I just knew that Cyborg was getting a Solo Movie and that, perhaps, I speculated, that maybe it'd be a Prequel Origin Movie, just like the Wonder Woman Movie is going to be.

Well, I guess then that everybody will live throughout the movie, if the Flash Movie is a Sequel Movie after Justice League.

I guess that Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter will be added to the team later in Justice League 2.

I guess that it'd be kind of like how Iron Man, Thor, Capt. America, Hulk, Black Widow, and Hawkeye made up the team in Avengers 1 and Scarlet Witch, War Machine, Vision, and Falcon were added to the team roster in the Avengers 2: Age of Ultron.

But, I still think that Superman will come back in Justice League 1, either in the third act or at the end, rather than finally re-appearing again in Justice League 2.

I mean, if Lex Luthor is going to be back in Justice League 1, it'd seem odd to not have Superman back as well at some point in the movie.

'
  • James Wan is now working on an Aquaman II. He just needs a good script.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • Minor Spoilers for Shazam ahead, but read on if you’ve seen images of some pop figures for the movie surfacing around
    So apparently Darla and Eugene, the other shazams that Billy gave his power to, are supposed to be in the movie, according to the pop figures of them. This worries me as once again it kind of shows DC jumping the gun. This movie should focus on Billy and Freddy, introduces the others later on. And if they were going to add other Shazams, go with Mary Marvel and Cpn marvel jr (even though theyd probably need to find new names for them).
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »
    Minor Spoilers for Shazam ahead, but read on if you’ve seen images of some pop figures for the movie surfacing around
    So apparently Darla and Eugene, the other shazams that Billy gave his power to, are supposed to be in the movie, according to the pop figures of them. This worries me as once again it kind of shows DC jumping the gun. This movie should focus on Billy and Freddy, introduces the others later on. And if they were going to add other Shazams, go with Mary Marvel and Cpn marvel jr (even though theyd probably need to find new names for them).

Hopefully they release close to, or the date of, the movie. Totally going to get one though. Shazam is my favorite superhero.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • DarthJ
    6051 posts Member
    Minor Spoilers for Shazam ahead, but read on if you’ve seen images of some pop figures for the movie surfacing around

I don't think they will have a massive role in it anyway, more of a small introduction to be developed in sequel(s).

I don't think they will have a massive role in it anyway, more of a small introduction to be developed in sequel(s).
    yeah, but I at least hope they have either a Superman or Black Adam cameo.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • DarthJ
    6051 posts Member

Wasn't it rumoured the original fallout between DC/Henry Cavill was over a post credits appearance in Shazam?

Wasn't it rumoured the original fallout between DC/Henry Cavill was over a post credits appearance in Shazam?

Yep. But he is still in line to play Superman. Just not in the Shazam Movie, supposedly.
    itt96uodu82s.gif

Yep. But he is still in line to play Superman. Just not in the Shazam Movie, supposedly.

This Billy isnt in to super heroes so having superman isnt that big of a deal I guess.

Hope DC gets the Cavill Affleck situation sorted out.
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Don't know how I feel about this. Was hoping for more comic accuracy in the costumes, but then again, this is just a teaser.

ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • DarthJ
    6051 posts Member
    Don't know how I feel about this. Was hoping for more comic accuracy in the costumes, but then again, this is just a teaser.

Same, but it could be one scene in the film.....I think everyone is having a go about this and getting worked up as its then seen as another negative for DC.
  • Yeah, wish they stuck with a different look for Harley.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Don't know how I feel about this. Was hoping for more comic accuracy in the costumes, but then again, this is just a teaser.

Same, but it could be one scene in the film.....I think everyone is having a go about this and getting worked up as its then seen as another negative for DC.

I think everyone’s upset because DC’s apparently trying to push Harley Quinn with a trilogy and such, whilst Batman, Superman, Flash, and Green Lantern are stuck in production limbo
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Ewan as Black Mask is kind of cool.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • itt96uodu82s.gif

• Looks fun, but it is TV-MA. So no kids.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • Some new Shazam footage, still no trailer though.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • All of the planned Joker (Jared Leto) films like Mad Love, and the Jared Leto stand-alone have been canned.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • Looks like the Shazam trailer is finally releasing on Monday.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Trooper8059
    10197 posts Member
    It’s finally here.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • It’s finally here.

I am so excited!
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • rollind24
    5015 posts Member
    It’s finally here.

I am so excited!

Same, it’s looking like a fun time movie
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • New Shazam clip from the Aquaman home release:
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • You can skip this post if you don't like Batman v Superman or Justice League.

Not really spoilers, since we'll probably never see the Snyder Cut:
    I can't post the youtube clip, because it has foul language, but this past weekend Zack Snyder talked about his (and writer Chris Terrio's) version of Justice League at the Q&A where they just screened BvS for charity and took audience questions. Best description we have to date of his version of what JL could have been. You can easily find it by youtubing "zack snyder" and filtering by THIS WEEK) It's refreshing to hear it from the director himself.

Also circulating online right now is talk about Snyder "defending Batman killing people". Now, I have seen BvS very many times, I am a huge fan of Zack Snyder's work, but I would argue that Batman doesn't actually kill anyone in BvS. Sure, he USES guns and knives, and shoots and stabs people, but they are clearly not death blows and when I watch this film, I try and look for Batman killing someone, and the evidence just isn't there. An explosion is not evidence that someone in said explosion is dead. Having said that, I love Snyder's response to people who complain, "My batman doesn't kill people." "Grow the eff up" is essentially what he said. LOL I like this guy! What do you guys think? Do you think batman killed anyone in BvS and do you care either way? And what do you think about what he said about Darkseid boom-tubing into the batcave to kill Lois Lane?
    "I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you!"
  • You can skip this post if you don't like Batman v Superman or Justice League.

I can't post the youtube clip, because it has foul language, but this past weekend Zack Snyder talked about his (and writer Chris Terrio's) version of Justice League at the Q&A where they just screened BvS for charity and took audience questions. Best description we have to date of his version of what JL could have been. You can easily find it by youtubing "zack snyder" and filtering by THIS WEEK) It's refreshing to hear it from the director himself.

Also circulating online right now is talk about Snyder "defending Batman killing people". Now, I have seen BvS very many times, I am a huge fan of Zack Snyder's work, but I would argue that Batman doesn't actually kill anyone in BvS. Sure, he USES guns and knives, and shoots and stabs people, but they are clearly not death blows and when I watch this film, I try and look for Batman killing someone, and the evidence just isn't there. An explosion is not evidence that someone in said explosion is dead. Having said that, I love Snyder's response to people who complain, "My batman doesn't kill people." "Grow the eff up" is essentially what he said. LOL I like this guy! What do you guys think? Do you think batman killed anyone in BvS and do you care either way? And what do you think about what he said about Darkseid boom-tubing into the batcave to kill Lois Lane?

My thoughts on Snyder's ideas.
    Snyder has always been a fan of the Injustice franchise, and I agree with what DC did to the movie. Having Darkseid show up in the near the end would have taken away anything that remotely made Steppenwolf a threat. He would have had the world become a nightmare version, and then had a few justice league members travel back in time to save everyone. I think people are tired of seeing Superman and Batman fight. Making another movie where Superman has become evil, would be like BvS round 2. Snyder made the universe too dark, and he tried to advance the story too fast without very much character development.
    Yes DC can and should be able to do grittier stories, but they cannot forget that the movies that have done well have been a bit more lighthearted. The superheroes had to overcome an enemy, not each other in the successful films of Aquaman and WW. I think changing JL was a step in the right direction. I loved the movie the way it was released, and you could tell that if Snyder had his way based off of some of the bleeped out language and other things, that it would have been another rated R movie. Like the DX BvS.
    On the topic of Batman killing. No, they believe in Justice, but superheroes (Especially the JL heroes) have always believed that they are not the judge, jury, and executioners. Even if Batman was "lost," so to speak, he would never stoop to killing. That is what makes him different from the Joker. This Red Hood scene explains it perfectly. But it is a bit violent and hit has one D-word. So just in fair warning. That is why it is in Spoiler Tags
    From Batman: Under the Red Hood by DC, the video was posted by YSoSerious7
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • DarthJ
    6051 posts Member
    You can skip this post if you don't like Batman v Superman or Justice League.

See I would have preferred Darkseid appearing in some form, even in a cameo. Mainly because as a huge DC comics fan, I am fully expecting that when Darkseid does show up, the casuals who only like the superhero films will say 'durrr hes a copy of Thanos, DC copying Marvel lol' when its in fact the opposite. but that's just a personal gripe.

And as Bats is my favourite hero, I am staunchly against him killing. I don't know how you didn't see evidence in BvS but when he is going to save Martha Kent, in the Batwing he shoots live rounds at a truck with a machine gun on the back, which blows up and looks to have 2 people inside. He also technically kills KGBeast but I think circumstances around saving Martha kind of let that one off the hook. He obviously injures people, breaks bones but shouldn't be killing to me.

See I would have preferred Darkseid appearing in some form, even in a cameo. Mainly because as a huge DC comics fan, I am fully expecting that when Darkseid does show up, the casuals who only like the superhero films will say 'durrr hes a copy of Thanos, DC copying Marvel lol' when its in fact the opposite. but that's just a personal gripe.

And as Bats is my favourite hero, I am staunchly against him killing. I don't know how you didn't see evidence in BvS but when he is going to save Martha Kent, in the Batwing he shoots live rounds at a truck with a machine gun on the back, which blows up and looks to have 2 people inside. He also technically kills KGBeast but I think circumstances around saving Martha kind of let that one off the hook. He obviously injures people, breaks bones but shouldn't be killing to me.

You make a valid point about the batwing attack on the truck. I won't continue to say that Batman didn't kill anyone.
    "I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you!"
  • rollind24
    5015 posts Member

This is looking realllly good
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • DarthJ
    6051 posts Member
    rollind24 wrote: »

Definitely.

Although as a big Joker fan I am against him having an origin. Unofficial, fine, but I don't want people thinking this is officially an origin. Other than that it looks great
  • 2000sGuy
    5843 posts Member
    rollind24 wrote: »

This trailer really excited me, even if its not apart of the DCEU (hopefullu it will so we can retcon Leto Joker). The acting, the music and the cuts whre great! My only complaint is that I wish his joker suit was a little had a tad bit more purple

What i like it that its something different, a normy probably wouldnt know that this was a supervillain origin movie. Somethin to shake up the CBM genre
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • 2000sGuy
    5843 posts Member

Im not sure how much I liked his grand plan. I was immeadiately turned off by the idea of killing WW and Aquaman. Also as someone has said, we’ve seen alot of Superman going evil stuff recently and the characters didnt have time to develop. Part of the reason i think Civil War falls flat is because Tony and Steve dont really seem to be friends throughout the first avengers, or AOU, so their whole break didnt hit home. By Synder’s plan, We prolly wouldnt get enough batman and superman being friends, or superman being a beacon of hope. While this sounds like an amazing comic or animated movie, id prefer the mainline movies should be more faithful to the characthers and not be as drastic. I can kinda see why WB stepped in now (thi they still wrecked it)

As for the brutal batman, i can see why it was there in BvS as he was in a bad place in his career, but he definitely shouldnt have killed after it being changed by Supes
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg