criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Can We Get Important Officers/Field Commanders as Heroes/Villains?

Alvonator
2510 posts Member
edited March 2017
Heroes:
Admiral Raddus (He's so Rad):
rogue-one-5.jpg?w=612

Admiral Ackbar (He's Explosive!):
admiralackbar1_2_845df144.jpeg?region=153%2C0%2C1614%2C807&width=480

Villains:
Admiral Ozzel:
indy6.jpg
Whoops, not what I was looking for lol. Actually, lets go with General Veers instead....

databank_generalveers_01_169_ed056bbf.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1560%2C878&width=768

Grand Moff Tarkin:
Tarkin-3%402x_16f7b5db.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1200%2C800

Would you like this idea? Opinions?

Replies

• 2000sGuy
    5855 posts Member
    Hmm. Hard chose between Bounty Hunters and actual Imp officers
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »
    Hmm. Hard chose between Bounty Hunters and actual Imp officers

Why not both? Have the Officers act as Support roles (like Krennic currently is) and let the Bounty Hunters/Sith Dudes be the Wild Ones.
    We're finally getting the High Ground man! Wooooooooo!
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    We could also have Thrawn.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • CPT_Rex
    725 posts Member
    I think Crix Madine and Carlist Rieekan would work better for the Rebels as they're both generals and not admirals.

Madine was in charge the Alliance Special Forces so he would support a more aggressive playstyle.
    Rieekan was a veteran of the Clone Wars and he led the evacuation of Hoth so he would support a more defensive playstyle.
    "In my book, experience outranks everything."
  • CPT_Rex wrote: »
    I think Crix Madine and Carlist Rieekan would work better for the Rebels as they're both generals and not admirals.

Madine was in charge the Alliance Special Forces so he would support a more aggressive playstyle.
    Rieekan was a veteran of the Clone Wars and he led the evacuation of Hoth so he would support a more defensive playstyle.

I'd much rather have Phoenix squadron and ro for rebels.
  • CS2107
    1961 posts Member
    Darkaid wrote: »
    We could also have Thrawn.

Yes that is THE imperial Officer I want to see. The others would be nice as well, but Thrawn is my favourite
  • bfloo
    15529 posts Member
    We need Veers. You can't leave out the one Imperial Officer who was actually successful in the OT.

I agree with @CPT_Rex, the Rebel Generals would fit better then Admirals who never left their ships. If I had to choose, I'd take Raddus over Ackbar, he was the more aggressive of the two.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    We need Veers. You can't leave out the one Imperial Officer who was actually successful in the OT.

I agree with @CPT_Rex, the Rebel Generals would fit better then Admirals who never left their ships. If I had to choose, I'd take Raddus over Ackbar, he was the more aggressive of the two.

Veers>greedo.
  • bfloo wrote: »

Veers>greedo.

CGI Tarkin>both of them.

Nah but seriously; I think that given his reappearance in Rogue One, we'll be seeing Tarkin in BF 2017.

Hopefully Veers gets included at some point (fun fact: DICE used him in concept art for BF 2015)
    We're finally getting the High Ground man! Wooooooooo!
  • CS2107
    1961 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

Veers>greedo.

Gameplaywise I prefer Greedo over Krennic, so if all imperial officers would be that annoying, I would rather have Greedo. I don't like hiding in a shield and sniping with armor breaker
  • bfloo
    15529 posts Member
    CS2107 wrote: »

Veers>greedo.

Gameplaywise I prefer Greedo over Krennic, so if all imperial officers would be that annoying, I would rather have Greedo. I don't like hiding in a shield and sniping with armor breaker

Veers deserves it. He took his army and stomped on the Rebels. Every other Imperial officer was a dismal failure.

Greedo is more fun to play then Krennic though.

h846398gb27k.png

• CS2107
    1961 posts Member

Veers>greedo.

Veers deserves it. He took his army and stomped on the Rebels. Every other Imperial officer was a dismal failure.

Greedo is more fun to play then Krennic though.

I know that Veers deserves it, alongside with Thrawn. I just want them to be less boring to play and less annoying. I like offensive heroes, who are good enough to fight at the front. Not some campers, who have no use to push
  • CS2107 wrote: »

Veers>greedo.

Mechanics of most heroes need to be changed IMO, so I'm just thinking about the character. Why is greedo even in the game. He is just one of jabba's minions, we see others like him in anh and hes known for being a useless bounty hunter. Greedo also has no affiliation with the empire so why is he one of their heroes?
  • bfloo
    15529 posts Member

Veers>greedo.

Mechanics of most heroes need to be changed IMO, so I'm just thinking about the character. Why is greedo even in the game. He is just one of jabba's minions, we see others like him in anh and hes known for being a useless bounty hunter. Greedo also has no affiliation with the empire so why is he one of their heroes?

The whole 'Han shot first' debacle made him iconic. :(

h846398gb27k.png

• 2000sGuy
    5855 posts Member

Veers>greedo.

Too bad his real name's not Han
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    2000sGuy wrote: »

Veers>greedo.

This deal is getting worse all the time
  • Alvonator
    2510 posts Member

Veers>greedo.

I want that Han Solo film to fail/bomb. No one asked for a Han Solo movie, and no one asked to ruin his name. Part of what made Solo iconic was his mysteriousness. I don't know who was the fool that greenlit this movie.

We could have had literally any other amazing film, KOTOR or Boba or Thrawn. Nope, we get a film no one asked for.
  • Alvonator
    2510 posts Member

Veers>greedo.

I agree with this.

The Heroes/Villains mechanics need an overhaul. Updated abilities/traits need to happen.

As for Greedo, I don't mind him at all, as long as we get other Villains that rightfully deserve a place in the game.
  • Peepzilla
    932 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I find it odd that someone would try to question Greedo's worthiness in the game. It's not like he bumped Obi Wan (stop laughing, Nien).

Greedo, despite minimal airtime and no direct allegiance to the Empire or Rebellion, is an icon and deserves to be in any original trilogy content. He is attached to a gangster and had an encounter with Han Solo, so naturally he's going on the Empire/Bounty Hunter team.
  • Master_Cunha
    4562 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Peepzilla wrote: »
    I find it odd that someone would try to question Greedo's worthiness in the game. It's not like he bumped Obi Wan (stop laughing, Nien).

Greedo, despite minimal airtime and no direct allegiance to the Empire or Rebellion, is an icon and deserves to be in any original trilogy content. He is attached to a gangster and had an encounter with Han Solo, so naturally he's going on the Empire/Bounty Hunter team.

Luke got attacked by a tusken raider but no one wants urorrur'r'r to be a villain. Jabbas also iconic I wouldn't want him as a villain for the empire.
    Greedo also bumped tarkin and other bounty hunters who actually worked for the empire. Id much rather play as ig88.
  • CS2107
    1961 posts Member

Veers>greedo.

A part of Star Wars died for me, when I heard that. I mean like seriously: Does anyone think after all they've been through, Luke, Leia and Chewie never knew the real name of their best friend? And Han would be lying everyday into their face when saying "Han Solo, I'm the captain of the millenium falcon.". Best would be if he gets a name which doesn't fit with his character like "Rüdiger", "Heiko" etc... I can't think of anything, I wont except anything. This is Han Solo!

• 2000sGuy
    5855 posts Member
    The Han Solo movie will serve as a perfect example to Disney of how oversaturating the originals will eventually ruin the originals
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member

Veers>greedo.

A part of Star Wars died for me, when I heard that. I mean like seriously: Does anyone think after all they've been through, Luke, Leia and Chewie never knew the real name of their best friend? And Han would be lying everyday into their face when saying "Han Solo, I'm the captain of the millenium falcon.". Best would be if he gets a name which doesn't fit with his character like "Rüdiger", "Heiko" etc... I can't think of anything, I wont except anything. This is Han Solo!

It could be how he became infamous in the galaxy, not actually having a different name like in Legends.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • Alvonator wrote: »

Veers>greedo.

I want that Han Solo film to fail/bomb. No one asked for a Han Solo movie, and no one asked to ruin his name. Part of what made Solo iconic was his mysteriousness. I don't know who was the fool that greenlit this movie.

We could have had literally any other amazing film, KOTOR or Boba or Thrawn. Nope, we get a film no one asked for.

+1000 hues. Sorry about the mess.