criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Rope grapple built into all blasters

Anyone think it would be cool if all the blasters had a built in rope grapple like in A Phantom Menace? This way you wouldn't need a jump pack to access all the parts of the map. What do you think?

Replies

• Yes, please.
    06951087b4d0e1ed1ad4a4abecb37904.jpg
  • Lonnisity
    1941 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I think it should be reserved for certain classes, but it's a good idea.

Assuming we get classes, which we may not. We just don't need another mechanic that defines the game experience and puts you at a disadvantage if you choose not to use it. Looking at you, jump pack
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • 2000sGuy
    5843 posts Member
    Mui Mui better

Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Yes to ascension cables.
    tumblr_mid68o3e171qibhi9o2_500.gif
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Yes to ascension cables.
    tumblr_mid68o3e171qibhi9o2_500.gif

100% yes. However, you could have to put it on your gun as an attachment, which would replace other attachments until you switched off.

Gimme some epic swing mechanic and repelling.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Alvonator
    2510 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    This would be fantastic.

If the maps were designed to be open with crucial objectives inside tall buildings, this would allow a team to flank and attack from multiple angles, not just through a doorway or one main entrance that is a meatgrind with explosive spam.

100% great idea.
  • I fully support this idea. If this ability was an attachment, it could probably slow your ads speed.
  • no. no rope grapples. no jump packs for all except boba fett. no bacta bombs. no no no.
    invalid brain token
  • Xantos
    2385 posts Member
    Ascension cables ? Yes why not.

Ascension cables available for all, like jetpacks, so if you are gonna not using it, you will place yourself at disadvantage ? Nope
    "Only 10% of our playerbase played old Battlefronts, so we are going to do a Battlefront, which is not a Battlefront" -Dice 2017
  • Trooper8059
    10197 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Xantos wrote: »

Ascension cables available for all, like jetpacks, so if you are gonna not using it, you will place yourself at disadvantage ? Nope

If they would similar to the grapples in Hardline, I wouldn't see them as much of a problem.

Regardless though, a grapple limits your line of sight and more openly exposes you to enemy fire for the sole sake of gaining higher ground. It leaves you in a very vulnerable position.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • JMaster
    2113 posts Member
    Neat! I presume there would be a cool down and or be star card-esque.

If they would similar to the grapples in Hardline, I wouldn't see them as much of a problem.

Regardless though, a grapple limits your line of sight and more openly exposes you to enemy fire for the sole sake of gaining HIGHER GROUND. It leaves you in a very vulnerable position.
    What I figured.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • JMaster wrote: »
    Neat! I presume there would be a cool down and or be star card-esque.

Regardless though, a grapple limits your line of sight and more openly exposes you to enemy fire for the sole sake of gaining HIGHER GROUND. It leaves you in a very vulnerable position.
    What I figured.

I'm glad that someone noticed. :D
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Not if it's OT and ST only.
  • Xantos
    2385 posts Member

Regardless though, a grapple limits your line of sight and more openly exposes you to enemy fire for the sole sake of gaining higher ground. It leaves you in a very vulnerable position.

>NEver played Hardline.

Btw, the game is almost playable, i highly doubt we will see some of these awesome stuff
    "Only 10% of our playerbase played old Battlefronts, so we are going to do a Battlefront, which is not a Battlefront" -Dice 2017
  • I already suggested this, think it would limit number of jump packers along with limiting jump pack to a certain class. It could work like the bayonet in bf1 which when attached increases recoil and ads speed
  • MOS specific trait
  • Xantos wrote: »

>NEver played Hardline.

Btw, the game is almost playable, i highly doubt we will see some of these awesome stuff

ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Xantos
    2385 posts Member

>NEver played Hardline.

Seems pretty interesting. Still better than a broken jetpack to exploit map's borders
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member

>NEver played Hardline.

Seems pretty interesting. Still better than a broken jetpack to exploit map's borders

Also it gives a slight disadvantage to the player since it doesn't seem like they can shoot during this time. You have absolutely no penalty or draw backs when using the JP.
  • Xantos
    2385 posts Member
    Jrob122 wrote: »

>NEver played Hardline.

Also it gives a slight disadvantage to the player since it doesn't seem like they can shoot during this time. You have absolutely no penalty or draw backs when using the JP.

Well, firing while climbing up would be cool, and i doubt would be OP. I mean, you can fire, but you still an easy target
  • Xantos wrote: »
    Jrob122 wrote: »

>NEver played Hardline.

Well, firing while climbing up would be cool, and i doubt would be OP. I mean, you can fire, but you still an easy target

Plus your visibility of other players would be limited as well.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif