criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Your First Look at STAR WARS Battlefront II Is Coming at STAR WARS Celebration

rendition1.img.jpg

Commence primary ignition – the first trailer for Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II is imminent. On April 15 at 2:30PM ET/11:30AM PT at Star Wars Celebration, we’ll be presenting during the “The Galaxywide Premiere of Star Wars Battlefront II” panel. Not able to attend in person? You’ll still be able to watch online. Join the award-winning developers from DICE, Criterion and Motive as they offer a glimpse at the game and debut the first trailer.

You can find more information on the official Star Wars Celebration site. Keep an eye on the EAStarWars Twitter and Facebook channels for details in the coming weeks.
Thanks
Sledgehammer70
Star Wars Battlefront Community Guy

Replies

• Darkaid
    9622 posts Member
    I have a BAD feeling about this.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • Who cares about this? The first one was ****, why the next one should be better?
  • Let's hope that it deserves that title.
    tumblr_m83kl8wd161rv3w3po2_500.gif
    Army or not, you must realize....you are doomed.
  • Darkaid
    9622 posts Member
    Let's hope that it deserves that title.

It's Battlefront EA II not Battlefront II.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • Let's hope that it deserves that title.

Agreed. I look back on the last year, and to be quite frank I wish I hadn't invested so much time into the game. I missed out on some great times in Destiny.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Whodunnit
    5250 posts Member
    I'm really curious how it will turn out. Not the trailer, it will be awesome.
    Battlefront II has a 73.4% chance of success.
  • Darkaid wrote: »

Oh Darkaid, I doubt that someone will refer to the current Battlefront as "Battlefront EA"

• Whodunnit
    5250 posts Member
    Darkaid wrote: »

Oh Darkaid, I doubt that someone will refer to the current Battlefront as "Battlefront EA"

It's more like ****, really.
  • Whodunnit wrote: »
    Darkaid wrote: »

It's more like ****, really.
    Ah yes, the new nickname for the game.
  • Who cares about this? The first one was ****, why the next one should be better?

i do not know why i am coming back to play the game
  • Lonnisity
    1767 posts Member
    Here goes nothin'
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • Nedud
    4 posts Member
    adfafawfaw
  • Whodunnit
    5250 posts Member
    ^^Some very constructive ideas here.
  • Maybe have some gameplay in it? I dunno.
  • Whats about the season pass ? I won't buy the new if I have to buy a new season pass to play the whole game...
  • I would bet Season Passes are here to stay. Look at the way EA/DICE does Battlefield and that's not going to change.
  • At the very least, they should have 4XP throughout SW Celebration weekend, so people can mop up any remaining progress they desire to make.
  • Is this a free upgrade?
  • I'll be there next week! Can't wait to see what you guys got in store!
  • dijedi
    14 posts Member
    first dlc.....heroes: jar jar binx and watto
  • At the very least, they should have 4XP throughout SW Celebration weekend, so people can mop up any remaining progress they desire to make.

I have 264,000+ credits and max rank. Are there that many people who wish to mop up anything?
  • Lonnisity
    1767 posts Member
    At the very least, they should have 4XP throughout SW Celebration weekend, so people can mop up any remaining progress they desire to make.

I have 264,000+ credits and max rank. Are there that many people who wish to mop up anything?

I traded in my copy before max rank tbh
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • darkstarQC wrote: »
    Don't forget they will only show a TRAILER which is mostly compose of cinematic which do not represented the gameplay at all. Don't fall in the trap this time don't pre-orderd it wait to try the beta which im pretty sure will be as crapy as the first one with there star card and no class system and linear multiplayer maps and of course the most **** thing of all token for vehicle instead of real vehicle that you can take in the maps or in your spawn, and since they didn't even had two years to make it you can be sure it will be the same c-ap even if all the era are in it! And just because you see space battle in the trailer it doesn't mean its going to be in the game. Don't forget what happen the last time they screw us big time and they did it with bf1 too so im not getting my hope up for this one either another cash by ea its just what it will be, grab the cash as fast as possible and then run to the bank and flee as fast as possible...

Why so negative? Do you not want the game to succeed? Also, it is being developed by MOTIVE as well, so thats 2 companies working on it. They also said that that the trailer will have gameplay in it
    442nd Siege Battalion is the BEST
  • Battlefront II looks absolutely incredible! All the details we're finding out today just keeps getting better and better. The only thing I'm concerned about is Battlefront II not getting an expanded and improved Skirmish mode that supports everything the online multiplayer modes have to offer. Maybe DICE or someone at EA, LFL or Disney said so already, but I didn't catch it. There's been a lot of info released. lol

Anyway, the campaign looks amazing, but I just hope we're not getting it in place of a fully supported Skirmish mode. I want both, but I'd rather have Skirmish if I could only have one.
    "All wings report in."
  • I would bet Season Passes are here to stay. Look at the way EA/DICE does Battlefield and that's not going to change.
    Kairatekid wrote: »
    Whats about the season pass ? I won't buy the new if I have to buy a new season pass to play the whole game...

Creative director Bernd Diemer confirmed that there will be no season pass for Battlefront 2.
  • While we're still waiting on specifics regarding BFII's gameplay features and options, there are some things I'm really hoping DICE, Motive and Criterion are implementing:
    • 1P/cockpit views for all infantry, heroes, turrets and vehicles.
    • Prone, vault, clamber, and multi-directional combat roll for infantry, and cockpit free-look for vehicles.
    • Full yaw/pitch/roll flight controls for ships (only ships that canonically can, obviously).
    • All vehicles are fully controllable (e.g. AT-AT).
    • Multiple player crewed vehicles.
    • No laser cannon soft-lock and engine/laser power management system for vehicles.
    • No pick-ups and Star Cards.
    • Server browser.
    • Vote map/player kick feature.
    • A much better anti-cheat program.
    • Better team auto-balance.
    • In-game VoIP and preset team messages.
    • Improved Skirmish that supports all multiplayer features, maps and game modes.
    • More large scale destructible environments.
    • Ground-to-space-and-back gameplay.
    • Dedicated vehicle spawn points, and the ability to climb in/out/take off/land vehicles at will.
    • Ability to board capital ships and space stations in space combat game modes.
    • Detailed customizable controls and gameplay options on par with Battlefield 1's.

I know this is a tall order, and some of these are probably unlikely, but here's hoping! :sweat_smile: *crosses fingers*
    "All wings report in."

• BTL-A4_Ace Your order sounds good to me!!! I just can't wait to jump in.
  • Kavian
    212 posts Member
    BTL-A4_Ace wrote: »
    While we're still waiting on specifics regarding BFII's gameplay features and options, there are some things I'm really hoping DICE, Motive and Criterion are implementing:
    • Prone, vault, clamber, and multi-directional combat roll for infantry, and cockpit free-look for vehicles.
    • Full yaw/pitch/roll flight controls for ships (only ships that canonically can, obviously).
    • No laser cannon soft-lock and engine/laser power management system for vehicles.
    • Server browser.
    • Improved Skirmish that supports all multiplayer features, maps and game modes.
    • Dedicated vehicle spawn points, and the ability to climb in/out/take off/land vehicles at will.
    • Detailed customizable controls and gameplay options on par with Battlefield 1's.

I know this is a tall order, and some of these are probably unlikely, but here's hoping! :sweat_smile: *crosses fingers*

i agree but come on to have a fully pilot-able AT-AT you'd need a really plain map to actually have room to move, like Hoth which was just a big flat sheet of snow in the 2005 Battlefront 2
  • Well, it's been confirmed climb in/out/take off/land vehicle gameplay will not be in BFII. :cry:

Kavian wrote: »
    BTL-A4_Ace wrote: »
    While we're still waiting on specifics regarding BFII's gameplay features and options, there are some things I'm really hoping DICE, Motive and Criterion are implementing:
    • Server browser.

i agree but come on to have a fully pilot-able AT-AT you'd need a really plain map to actually have room to move, like Hoth which was just a big flat sheet of snow in the 2005 Battlefront 2
    It could be done with an appropriate map design (doesn't have to be plain) and/or fully destructible environments, but seeing as how it was confirmed BFII will have more or less the same level of destruction as the current game (in the same link I posted above), odds are AT-ATs will not be fully controllable again. :cold_sweat:
    "All wings report in."
  • BTL-A4_Ace wrote: »
    • Server browser.

This is all I know
    . Most probably.
    . Doubt it but the roll IS returning.
    . They did say that they will improve ships by a lot.
    . The fully controllable At-At wouldn't work imo for 2 reasons 1) Players may ignore the objective and go the wrong way 2) there probably won't be space to go anywhere but forwards.
    . Could happen because LAATs will be in the game in one form or another.
    . Probably will be changed.
    . There will now be classes with customizable sets of abilities, some vehicles like fighters will not be power-ups but some tanks could.
    . No clue.
    . Maybe a vote kick feature.
    . Most probably.
    . Probably.
    . No clue.
    . Most probably.
    . The environments will be a little bit more destructible but will not be like in battlefield, "worlds will be bigger and better"
    . Ground to space would be very difficult to pull of as it would require a powerhouse of a Pc to run so no.
    . Some smaller vehicles will but not star fighters because it gives the enemy opportunities to spawn kill, it'll be like in battlefield.
    . Don't think so but there will be fights around space stations.
    . Most probably.

Some things like the ground to space mechanic would just be difficult to pull of and would be too demanding,
  • Good
    Neeqa
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!