criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

*Ehem* will there be good game modes now?

WA was good, but the rest were average, especially based on the low player lobby and lack of creativity in the battlefield, so like all around, can we have:
More vehicles
Destruction
Squads
Classes
CONQUEST

Other game mode ideas would be honestly an operations mode for Star Wars (reenact actual battles!) like hoth with all of the same objectives

And then classic instant action off line splitscreen
giphy.gif

Replies

• Alvonator
    2510 posts Member
    I prefer LESS game modes. Lets be honest, most SWBF EA game modes were underwhelming or lackluster.

I prefer less game modes to keep the community less divided.
  • Trooper8059
    10197 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Alvonator wrote: »
    I prefer LESS game modes. Lets be honest, most SWBF EA game modes were underwhelming or lackluster.

They just need to make a mode where every match is fresh, and not too similar to the last.

For example, in Battlefield 1, I rarely play anything other than Operations, even though it's the same maps over and over again. It's because multiple factors change from match to match.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Alvonator
    2510 posts Member

They just need to make a mode where every match is fresh, and not too similar to the last.

For example, in Battlefield 1, I rarely play anything other than Operations, even though it's the same maps over and over again. It's because multiple factors change from match to match.

Exactly. I only play Conquest and, occasionally, Operations and Rush. They are good and refreshing modes.

Thats what I like about BF1. Limited but excellent game modes. I hope Battlefront 2 EA follows a similar route.
  • Alvonator wrote: »

Exactly. I only play Conquest and, occasionally, Operations and Rush. They are good and refreshing modes.

Thats what I like about BF1. Limited but excellent game modes. I hope Battlefront 2 EA follows a similar route.

The problem then isn't necessarily the game modes, although too many of them are linear fire fight, the gameplay itself needs to be revamped, there needs to be a lot of more features in every game mode that make them refreshing even after dozens of plays. because youre right (quote):

"They just need to make a mode where every match is fresh, and not too similar to the last.
    For example, in Battlefield 1, I rarely play anything other than Operations, even though it's the same maps over and over again. It's because multiple factors change from match to match."

They need to make sure the maps are expansive to where people can flank, vehicles that can actually turn the tide of batte, conquest so players can choose their own objective and way to play, and a bigger player lobby with more exciting objectives so players stay intersted.

I really want to like this game, but if they kept most of the same features from Battlefront 1, the game will flop
    giphy.gif