criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Conquest IS NOT coming apparently. So much for "Listening to the community." Disapointing.

Alvonator
2510 posts Member
edited March 2017

And the response that practically confirms it....sigh

As expected, I didn't expect much...
Post edited by Alvonator on

Replies

• That's from December and Battlefront is their franchise. Conquest was always the core mode of Battlefront. That Dennis is really really bad in creating Battlefront games or using the community feedback is no secret. I wouldn't be suprised if they keep Dennis on other projects busy. I've never seen a developer who doesn't like to work with the community like this one...
    I am sure we'll get Conquest. It's the most requested mode since BF II (2005). They won't disappoint us again.
    @TheVestalViking @Sledgehammer70 They said that they can't await to show us soon what they have created and that they had listened. So, yes Conquest, Space Battles and Walker Assault will return in order to deliever the product everyone was expecting 2015. With luck they also created Galactic Conquest.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• AwesomeKillJoy
    1426 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Seriously? Can we please have Dennis fired?

Conquest was what made BF2 Pandemic great. That was the glue of the game, without it I can guarantee it would be nowhere as popular.
    Member of the 501st
  • Alvonator
    2510 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    *Delete*
  • I don't get it.... don't make it too much like battlefield, but make it much more like battlefield.

Please, make up your minds...
    The greatest moderator that EA has ever had.
  • Alvonator
    2510 posts Member
    I don't get it.... don't make it too much like battlefield, but make it much more like battlefield.

Well, the original Battlefronts were practically Battlefield. Or at least, used the general formula such as Classes, Vehicles, Conquest, open maps.....That is what made that franchise so succesful.

Battlefront 2015 was not bad per se, but it was arguably underwhelming in so many aspects.

If Battlefront 2017 has the potential to be better game by borrowing or using Battlefield's gameplay mechanics, and to an extent its formula, which includes Classes, Conquest, open maps, and vehicles, then I am all for it.
  • I understand that about the original games, I think the issue now is that since DICE made Battlefield, and then making Battlefront essentially Battlefield in the Star Wars universe, that they would make people angry. I understand why they tried doing something different. People can be pretty fickle about stuff like that
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    and then making Battlefront essentially Battlefield in the Star Wars universe, that they would make people angry.

Battlefront isn't Call of Duty though, heck EAfront is even more Call of Duty than Call of Duty itself
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • I don't get it.... don't make it too much like battlefield, but make it much more like battlefield.

:lol:
    Member of the 501st
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I understand that about the original games, I think the issue now is that since DICE made Battlefield, and then making Battlefront essentially Battlefield in the Star Wars universe, that they would make people angry. I understand why they tried doing something different. People can be pretty fickle about stuff like that

The Battlefield arguement came up, because DICE is the studio of that franchise. However, the people who said that they wouldn't like to play a "Battlefield like" Battlefront didn't realize before BF 2015 that Battlefront was based on Battlefield around 2004/05. I am sure that they expected an improved version of the originals.
    The rest issues like lack of content and ignoring community feedback (e.g. large non-linear maps in the season pass) probably was due to the understaffed team.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• I understand that about the original games, I think the issue now is that since DICE made Battlefield, and then making Battlefront essentially Battlefield in the Star Wars universe, that they would make people angry. I understand why they tried doing something different. People can be pretty fickle about stuff like that

The Battlefield arguement came up, because DICE is the studio of that franchise. However, the people who said that they wouldn't like to play a "Battlefield like" Battlefront didn't realize before BF 2015 that Battlefront was based on Battlefield around 2004/05. I am sure that they expected an improved version of the originals.
    The rest issues like lack of content and ignoring community feedback (e.g. large non-linear maps in the season pass) probably was due to the understaffed team.

I knew as soon as DICE took over the name that it was going to be a departure from the first games. People used to give me a hard time over saying the first games were a reskinned Battlefield. If people played the First Strike Mod for BF2142, it was essentially battlefront minus heroes. The other stuff you mentioned, I completely agree with with one caveat... a lot of feedback, especially with weapon tuning and hero stuff is done on the backend. They don't need to see what people say about balance when they have all those numbers internally. The issue was sometimes they turned the nerf/buff knob too far. In regards to feedback on other stuff, they see it, but dealing with Disney gives them another step in trying to make things right. If they already have things going, they can't change it as quickly as they could if it were Battlefield. Clearing it takes longer due to this.

However, I would hope that with the information provided from here and reddit that Disney realized that DICE can actually make video games without outside non-game devs holding their hands and will let this game have a bit more leeway.

That last bit is me hoping... but man that would be amazing if they would just let DICE be DICE
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    Alvonator wrote: »
    I don't get it.... don't make it too much like battlefield, but make it much more like battlefield.

If Battlefront 2017 has the potential to be better game by borrowing or using Battlefield's gameplay mechanics, and to an extent its formula, which includes Classes, Conquest, open maps, and vehicles, then I am all for it.
    This. EAfront 2 doesn't have to have everything from Battlefield, but these simple additions could definitely improve the game. EAfront 2 shouldn't be casual either. We don't want a copy and paste of Battlefield, but we want some mechanics from Battlefield to be integrated into EAfront 2.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • This was December.
  • Darkaid wrote: »

This. EAfront 2 doesn't have to have everything from Battlefield, but these simple additions could definitely improve the game. EAfront 2 shouldn't be casual either. We don't want a copy and paste of Battlefield, but we want some mechanics from Battlefield to be integrated into EAfront 2.

True dat, pardner
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    This was December.

Still relevant for EAfront 2's trailer coming soon.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.

I am not a fan of classes. Freedom is king. Being forced to hold gear that are very situational just doesn't make for appealing play to me.
    I am one with the force. The force is with Steve.
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    Darkaid wrote: »

I am not a fan of classes. Freedom is king. Being forced to hold gear that are very situational just doesn't make for appealing play to me.

Well you're kind of forced to use JP/PS/Bacta since the majority of the players run with it and it gives a distinct advantage over another's player. In theory star cards should give more freedom but everyone just ends up using the same class
  • Jrob122 wrote: »

Well you're kind of forced to use JP/PS/Bacta since the majority of the players run with it and it gives a distinct advantage over another's player. In theory star cards should give more freedom but everyone just ends up using the same class

Yea, it is either play as the most OP hand, or fall behind. I don't like the current system as much as classes

There are only a few loadouts which make sense and at the end you can consider these few loadouts as the classes of Battlefront (2015). The missing classes took complexity, teamwork and depth away from the game and lead to a strange jump pack, bubble and heal gameplay. Conclusion: There is no real "freedom" with Star Cards.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

Yea, it is either play as the most OP hand, or fall behind. I don't like the current system as much as classes

To each their own. It'll be interesting to see if they've made any major changes to the system.

This^^^
    Member of the 501st

This^^^

I would attribute that more to an imbalance of the cards, not an imbalance of the system.

This^^^

I would attribute that more to an imbalance of the cards, not an imbalance of the system.

I agree, but changing the system would be a safer choice IMO.
    Member of the 501st
  • Back on the topic of Conquest...

Supremacy and Turning Point are both very fun in their own right. But they are no replacement for that massive battle with territory scattered about the map, ripe for, well, Conquest. I highly doubt that reimplementing Conquest back into Battlefront will be detrimental to Battlefield 1 and future Battlefield games.

When I get a craving for Star Wars, I play Battlefront. When I get a craving for World War 1, I play Battlefield 1. Conquest would only enhance the experience.

This^^^

I agree, but changing the system would be a safer choice IMO.

It would certainly be an interesting experiment. My instincts tell me that DICE wouldn't start their whole system over from scratch like that, but who knows. Maybe all of that data they've been piling up adds up to "classes or the ship will sink".
  • enohado
    269 posts Member

And the response that practically confirms it....sigh

As expected, I didn't expect much...

Wow that is completely depressing to read...does dennis have farts in his head for brains or what? >: /
  • enohado
    269 posts Member
    The only thing I think their going to add in and say they "listened" is a mediocre 5 hour at best tutorial mode disguised as a campaign.
    THREE STUDIOS working on this guys...THREE and they can't add conquest...the mode that MADE BATTLEFRONT great...
  • Trooper8059
    10198 posts Member
    enohado wrote: »
    The only thing I think their going to add in and say they "listened" is a mediocre 5 hour at best tutorial mode disguised as a campaign.
    THREE STUDIOS working on this guys...THREE and they can't add conquest...the mode that MADE BATTLEFRONT great...

Realistically, I think any of the "feedback" they listened to will be complaints from when the game first launched. Any feedback we provide now most likely means nothing.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • enohado wrote: »

Realistically, I think any of the "feedback" they listened to will be complaints from when the game first launched. Any feedback we provide now most likely means nothing.

Nah, there were things changed from the alpha test. It wasn't large changes, but as long as it isn't huge, changes can still be made.
  • Trooper8059
    10198 posts Member
    enohado wrote: »

Nah, there were things changed from the alpha test. It wasn't large changes, but as long as it isn't huge, changes can still be made.

Like you said small things.

Slightly larger things, like the proper Honor Guards, didn't arrive until halfway through the DLC cycle. It's better late than never, but still.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    tommytom64 wrote: »
    Back on the topic of Conquest...

Supremacy and Turning Point are both very fun in their own right. But they are no replacement for that massive battle with territory scattered about the map, ripe for, well, Conquest. I highly doubt that reimplementing Conquest back into Battlefront will be detrimental to Battlefield 1 and future Battlefield games.

Yup. Classic conquest was the bomb, coupled with increased variety of buildings, ships, and turrets spread out throughout the map. It was strategic and much more varied.

I blame walker assault. It seems obvious that was developed as the hallmark mode, and due to it's linear nature it rather forced into modes that worked the same without having to redesign the maps. I'm also a bit biased because personally I enjoy walker assault very little, and now we're stuck with AT-ATs on rails. 2 major letdowns right there.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • Alvonator
    2510 posts Member
    Blazur wrote: »
    tommytom64 wrote: »
    Back on the topic of Conquest...

Yup. Classic conquest was the bomb, coupled with increased variety of buildings, ships, and turrets spread out throughout the map. It was strategic and much more varied.

I blame walker assault. It seems obvious that was developed as the hallmark mode, and due to it's linear nature it rather forced into modes that worked the same without having to redesign the maps. I'm also a bit biased because personally I enjoy walker assault very little, and now we're stuck with AT-ATs on rails. 2 major letdowns right there.

To be honest, when SWBF 2015 released, I was so happy with WA and I thought it was the best.

Now, not so much. Poor spawns, lack of vehicles, linear maps, and simply, at least for me, a very underwhelming and repetitive game mode. Although, I am sure that many of my disappointments with WA can be traced to poor balancing and lackluster gameplay mechanics

In comparisson, Conquest in BF1 is amazing. Never gets old, spawns are well done, and absolute teamwork is required. I will always take conquest over WA.
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Now, not so much. Poor spawns, lack of vehicles, linear maps, and simply, at least for me, a very underwhelming and repetitive game mode. Although, I am sure that many of my disappointments with WA can be traced to poor balancing and lackluster gameplay mechanics

It's terrible for players who wish to PTFO, and especially frustrating on the rebel side. When you die you need to hike a mile back to the points, only to encounter AT-AT or AT-ST fire, and then you need to hike all the way back. During the transition period you just focus fire on a large vehicle (boring) while hoping you don't get blasted to smithereens by the AT-AT or the imperials who flood the map chasing after all the unaware rebels who are blindly firing off into the distance.

If it weren't for hero hunt I'd say it's the worst mode in the game and the biggest letdown. No other mode got me as frustrated as this one did.

The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • Then DICE truly didn't listen. Multiplayer will be the same type of game modes, same small and linier. Maybe the single player will be something different
  • Maybe they do listen... and just don't obey.

There are only a few loadouts which make sense and at the end you can consider these few loadouts as the classes of Battlefront (2015). The missing classes took complexity, teamwork and depth away from the game and lead to a strange jump pack, bubble and heal gameplay. Conclusion: There is no real "freedom" with Star Cards.

God sooooo much of this.

Also I'm I the only one who misses when you simply started out with a basic rifle/blaster of your chosing and a side arm and pick up the weapons on the field, or when FPS games were not all now COD rip offs with perks and power ups galore?

I Miss when it was just you and your wit and your skill with weapons that won the day
  • Maybe they do listen... and just don't obey.

We need to put them in that Room with the noise that was driving Chewie nuts in Strikes back....pain wull rectify them >:)

Exactly!!!! I've been saying this since bacta came out! Ruined the game. Are we BLIND?! Deploy the extra health/extra damage nerf!!
    Just another sniping YouTuber.
  • Trooper8059
    10198 posts Member
    Jrob122 wrote: »

Exactly!!!! I've been saying this since bacta came out! Ruined the game. Are we BLIND?! Deploy the extra health/extra damage nerf!!

ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Its human nature to play the OP hand. Any game designer worth their salt would be wise to go against that human nature for the good of the game. Don't need to have a class system like the originals; Just needed to designate which weapons, cards, and traits are meant for Rebels. The other half would have been for Imperials only.
    Alright... Alright... Alllrrright... B)
    XB1
  • Zedrux
    401 posts Member
    Another blunder for another game...
  • We will see if Conquest will come to the game at Star Wars Celebration I'm guessing, or at least a mode inspired by Conquest.
    #ClassicConquest
  • I hope Dennis isn't creating the modes again. He said that he created all modes for BF (2015). I would love to see large non-linear maps back in Battlefront II (2017).
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Its human nature to play the OP hand. Any game designer worth their salt would be wise to go against that human nature for the good of the game. Don't need to have a class system like the originals; Just needed to designate which weapons, cards, and traits are meant for Rebels. The other half would have been for Imperials only.

I tend to agree.
  • LordByrney wrote: »
    We will see if Conquest will come to the game at Star Wars Celebration I'm guessing, or at least a mode inspired by Conquest.
    #ClassicConquest

I'd bet that the single player campaign is as close as we'll get to conquest. Probably be several of the story based modes (WA, Extraction, Supremecy) strung together with cut scenes following an infantry player through galactic war to allow it to go to different planets.
  • It doesn't necessarily HAVE to have conquest...I mean look at turning point And supremacy.... Great modes but way to small on the current battlefront .. Imagine 64 player support...It would basically be conquest..And I thought the idea of Walker assault was great too...Again tho..Too small...Picture Walker assault with 64 players and maybe 4 ATAT instead of 2!!!
  • Trooper8059
    10198 posts Member
    It doesn't necessarily HAVE to have conquest...I mean look at turning point And supremacy.... Great modes but way to small on the current battlefront .. Imagine 64 player support...It would basically be conquest..And I thought the idea of Walker assault was great too...Again tho..Too small...Picture Walker assault with 64 players and maybe 4 ATAT instead of 2!!!

It's more like Frontlines or Chainlink than it is Conquest.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Alvonator
    2510 posts Member
    It doesn't necessarily HAVE to have conquest...I mean look at turning point And supremacy.... Great modes but way to small on the current battlefront .. Imagine 64 player support...It would basically be conquest..And I thought the idea of Walker assault was great too...Again tho..Too small...Picture Walker assault with 64 players and maybe 4 ATAT instead of 2!!!

Meh, Walker Assault, Supremacy and Turning Point are all overrated IMO. Their playstyle is tailored specifically for linear maps, and I dislike that.

I prefer a mode that is suited for open maps.
  • I do know the game need the see the return of galactic conquest