criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

April 15th: Day of Hate/Dissapointment/Insult Threads

Prev13456789
Alvonator
2510 posts Member
edited April 2017
Discuss.

Replies

• 2000sGuy
    5843 posts Member
    Oh heck yea. It's going to be a chaotic toxic nightmare. I just might not even log on that day
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Alvonator
    2510 posts Member
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    Oh heck yea. It's going to be a chaotic toxic nightmare. I just might not even log on that day

I don't want to be pessimistic, but this how I personify the "WE ASKED FOR CLONE WARS" threads and their joyful users and salty commentators...
    Pieter_Bruegel_the_Elder_%281568%29_The_Blind_Leading_the_Blind.jpg
  • As I said in the other thread... can you guys just hold off for a couple of days until I get back from SW Celebration so I can ban people as they pop up?

PLEASE
    The greatest moderator that EA has ever had.
  • 2000sGuy
    5843 posts Member
    Alvonator wrote: »

I don't want to be pessimistic, but this how I personify the "WE ASKED FOR CLONE WARS" threads and their joyful users and salty commentators...
    Pieter_Bruegel_the_Elder_%281568%29_The_Blind_Leading_the_Blind.jpg

:D

Oh who am I kidding, of course I'm gonna log in! It's gonna be a hilarious day :naughty:
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • 2000sGuy
    5843 posts Member
    As I said in the other thread... can you guys just hold off for a couple of days until I get back from SW Celebration so I can ban people as they pop up?

PLEASE

@ThePoolshark to keep myself and others from getting banned, what do we have to make sure we don't do?
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • As I said in the other thread... can you guys just hold off for a couple of days until I get back from SW Celebration so I can ban people as they pop up?

PLEASE

Are all the mods going to Celebration?
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif

PLEASE

ngl mate, even though I like a lot of the guys who want Clone Wars I'm going to bathe in the salt like it was the Dead Sea, nourished and fulfilled by the soothing brininess.
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    As I said in the other thread... can you guys just hold off for a couple of days until I get back from SW Celebration so I can ban people as they pop up?

PLEASE

maybe....

PLEASE

Not that I am aware of.

PLEASE

@ThePoolshark to keep myself and others from getting banned, what do we have to make sure we don't do?

Ignore the threads meant to flame and just let them die
  • My prediction: Right after the trailer drops, 90% of the forums will be insane hype threads, and the other 10% will be threads complaining that Yaddle isn't playable.
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member

PLEASE

Not that I am aware of.

PLEASE

Ignore the threads meant to flame and just let them die

Good advice. I'll watch the chaos, not discuss.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    These threads are going to be chaotic. I'm going to sit back and watch the hate and disappointment unfold.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
  • Trooper8059
    10198 posts Member
    Darkaid wrote: »
    These threads are going to be chaotic. I'm going to sit back and watch the hate and disappointment unfold.

ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • The trailer will be great, just like the others...
  • Clone Wars is coming, I feel it and I know even the biggest pessimist out there have a small little piece of hope deep down that they're secretly holding unto. I predict a lot of hype for Clone Wars on the 15th.
  • 2000sGuy
    5843 posts Member
    captain-america-civil-war-featured-image.jpg
    _____
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    Clone Wars is coming, I feel it and I know even the biggest pessimist out there have a small little piece of hope deep down that they're secretly holding unto. I predict a lot of hype for Clone Wars on the 15th.

I would love to have CW, but it's not coming in EAfront 2. I expect a lot of hate threads and complaints. Keep your expectations low, so you aren't even more disappointed.
  • Trooper8059
    10198 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Clone Wars is coming, I feel it and I know even the biggest pessimist out there have a small little piece of hope deep down that they're secretly holding unto. I predict a lot of hype for Clone Wars on the 15th.

I would love to have CW, but it's not coming in EAfront 2. I expect a lot of hate threads and complaints. Keep your expectations low, so you aren't even more disappointed.

Make sure to keep an open-mind as well. The trailer is most likely a cinematic one, so take every detail with a grain of salt. I remember thinking I would be able to jump into a TIE and fly out the hangar at incredible speeds.
    RecklessBoringAmberpenshell.gif
    tumblr_nmyr0nVow21tiwa1fo2_500.gif
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    edited April 2017

Make sure to keep an open-mind as well. The trailer is most likely a cinematic one, so take every detail with a grain of salt. I remember thinking I would be able to jump into a TIE and fly out the hangar. :(
    RecklessBoringAmberpenshell.gif

I wish we could. :(
  • 2000sGuy
    5843 posts Member
    We should wait for the actual gameplay trailer... didn't they say it'd be playable at Celebration?
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Trooper8059
    10198 posts Member
    We should wait for the actual gameplay trailer... didn't they say it'd be playable at Celebration?

EA Play.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • EA calls the trailer for Battlefront II the biggest trailer they have ever produced, hmm....
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • Alvonator
    2510 posts Member

EA Play.

I expect it to be only the campaign at EA play unfortunately.

And we may have to wait till the Beta in September/October to actually see multiplayer.
  • Trooper8059
    10198 posts Member
    EA calls the trailer for Battlefront II the biggest trailer they have ever produced, hmm....

I think it's just referring to the amount of space it takes up on a hard drive.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • EA calls the trailer for Battlefront II the biggest trailer they have ever produced, hmm....

I think it's just referring to the amount of space it takes up on a hard drive.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    This is why I barely come here anymore :|
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    If anybody will make complaint threads, I'd expect it to center around the following:

1. No Skirmish/Instant Action Offline Single Player Mode

2. No Clone Wars

I'm sure that some fraction of people will be upset, if there won't be any Clone Wars, but I think that if there will be no Skirmish/Instant Action Mode in EA Battlefront 2, a greater number of people will complain about that more.
  • Strogg1980
    2559 posts Member

Its highly unlikely. This is DICE and EA and I wouldnt be surprised if in the middle of all the hate/asking why there is no CW, Dennis makes a **** comment on twitter again like "I didnt know star wars fans liked anything from that era, so why would we include it??"
  • Strogg1980
    2559 posts Member
    Jarrad wrote: »
    If anybody will make complaint threads, I'd expect it to center around the following:

1. No Skirmish/Instant Action Offline Single Player Mode

2. No Clone Wars

I'm sure that some fraction of people will be upset, if there won't be any Clone Wars, but I think that if there will be no Skirmish/Instant Action Mode in EA Battlefront 2, a greater number of people will complain about that more.

Same here man. Or if they simply "tweeked" or did a bare bones "1up" of the multiplayer (more maps, more useless modes, basically the same but more +cooler vehicles) instead of really adding some depth to it. I know a good number of people are expecting far more depth in the gameplay department....idk Im hopeful due to 3 studios working on it, we will love it....but The EAside is casting a shroud on the force...I cant sense anything :'(
  • I couldn't care about the Clone Wars and I personally can't see it happening simply because the focus right now is the First Order and SW stories.

Instead of the usual 'we listened' drivel coming from the EA CEO's mouth this year, his first words should be 'we are SORRY for giving you a Battlefront not worthy of the name, and as a result, SWBF EA 2 will not contain any paid DLC or Season Pass cash cow features.'
  • Strogg1980 wrote: »

Its highly unlikely. This is DICE and EA and I wouldnt be surprised if in the middle of all the hate/asking why there is no CW, Dennis makes a **** comment on twitter again like "I didnt know star wars fans liked anything from that era, so why would we include it??"
    Sounds like a classic Dennis. Deaf and blind to community feedback, but thinks he is a genius :D :D :D
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• bfloo
    14501 posts Member
    My prediction: Right after the trailer drops, 90% of the forums will be insane hype threads, and the other 10% will be threads complaining that Yaddle isn't playable.

They gave us the female Lobot, why not the female Yoda?
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

PLEASE

Sure, no problem, EA. We will wait on you to return from your boondoggle and get back to doing your job before we, your customers, react to the unveiling of the only Star Wars game we will see for the next two years. We, your customers, have some measure of experience waiting for EA/DICE to do its job.

Hint: if you go on paternity leave for 18 months, we promise to say only good things about EABF2 before you return.

I guess this is EA's way of tempering expectations. So much for the hype-train. This time around, EA will be rounding up and silencing the critics.
  • DarthBatman42
    547 posts Member
    edited April 2017

I guess this is EA's way of tempering expectations. So much for the hype-train. This time around, EA will be rounding up and silencing the critics.
    They won't get away with it this time, I hope.
  • enohado
    269 posts Member
    Keep your expectations incredibly low...and even then, there's a possibility that we will still be dissapointed.
  • enohado
    269 posts Member
    Strogg1980 wrote: »

Sounds like a classic Dennis. Deaf and blind to community feedback, but thinks he is a genius :D :D :D

Dont forget the classic "nailed it" after finishing the game despite how subpar it ended up being!
  • enohado
    269 posts Member
    Strogg1980 wrote: »

I think dennis is like the writer of dragon ball evolution, just does it for the money and is clueless about the source material and it's followers.
  • bfloo
    14501 posts Member
    enohado wrote: »
    Keep your expectations incredibly low...and even then, there's a possibility that we will still be dissapointed.

This is my strategy!
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• DarthBatman42
    547 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    enohado wrote: »
    My expectations for the trailer are very, very high. All the trailers have always been great.
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    giphy.gif
    Really excited for the reaction. Yeeeeehaw™!
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member

I have that little hope, but not expecting CW.
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.

PLEASE

Sure, no problem, EA. We will wait on you to return from your boondoggle and get back to doing your job before we, your customers, react to the unveiling of the only Star Wars game we will see for the next two years. We, your customers, have some measure of experience waiting for EA/DICE to do its job.

Hint: if you go on paternity leave for 18 months, we promise to say only good things about EABF2 before you return.

You are either new here, or not that smart....
  • SuperDad0421
    600 posts Member
    edited April 2017

PLEASE

Brand new here and very dumb. Flunked out of Mod University

PLEASE

Your comment before already confirmed that to me
  • SuperDad0421
    600 posts Member
    edited April 2017

PLEASE

Remember a month or so ago, when you first showed up, how you were telling us IP issues prevented EA from remaking BF2. Remember how you just removed the thread after making a fool of yourself. Yea, me neither

PLEASE

Remember a month or so ago, when you first showed up, how you were telling up IP issues prevented EA from remaking BF2. Remember how you just removed the thread after making a fool of yourself. Yea, me neither

Poolshark has been around since September '1 and it was nice knowing ya
    Member of the 501st

PLEASE

Remember a month or so ago, when you first showed up, how you were telling up IP issues prevented EA from remaking BF2. Remember how you just removed the thread after making a fool of yourself. Yea, me neither

Poolshark has been around since September '1 and it was nice knowing ya

EA can ban away, I was done with this game a couple weeks ago when the lag became game-breaking. I thought I would check back in to see if EA's hype-train had turned any part of the community around, only to find the knuckle-cracking mod telling the community he would be back to ban folks after he returned from hype-fest.

I'm sure the trailer will be awesome.
  • ThePoolshark
    2961 posts Member
    edited April 2017

PLEASE

Remember a month or so ago, when you first showed up, how you were telling us IP issues prevented EA from remaking BF2. Remember how you just removed the thread after making a fool of yourself. Yea, me neither

I have literally been around since the inception of these forums. Seems you are pretty confrontational with an absence of facts, I think I need to look at your post history and make sure you are a productive member of these forums.

brb

Edit:

ahh, so you are one of those people.... spewing nothing but general negativity towards devs and such. Here is your warning, next negative post that is just in the spirit of being negative, and I remove you from the forums.

Consider this your only free pass

PLEASE

I have literally been around since the inception of these forums. Seems you are pretty confrontational with an absence of facts, I think I need to look at your post history and make sure you are a productive member of these forums.

brb

Edit:

ahh, so you are one of those people.... spewing nothing but general negativity towards devs and such. Here is your warning, next negative post that is just in the spirit of being negative, and I remove you from the forums.

Consider this your only free pass

Can't read?

Ban away!

If you make a half-completed game and bail on it, expect criticism. You'll earn whatever EA pays you when you return from EA HypeFail 2017.

Consider this your warning
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    This is where the fun begins
  • Well, we don't need you around here. Also, I don't work for EA