criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Teaser Trailer

Prev1
Ok so you know how the Death Star II blows at the beginning of the trailer and that Imperial flinches at the immediate bang? Physics doesn't work like that.

Having said that, rideable tauntauns!

Replies

• Alvonator
    2510 posts Member
    But....Jumpacks are back. :/

Not sure how I feel about that. I hope it is properly balanced with actual spawn points on the maps and with classes.
  • Whodunnit
    5526 posts Member
    I hope we can put jump packs on Tauntauns.
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Alvonator wrote: »

Not sure how I feel about that. I hope it is properly balanced with actual spawn points on the maps and with classes.

They always find a way to put a little dissapointment in there

Agreed
  • Star wars cares not about physics!

Doubt it. The fact that an ordinary Snowtrooper is seen with a jump pack makes me think there won't be classes that specifically use it. I get that some people find it annoying but it was a rather inventive way of getting around the large maps which is why DICE added it in the first place.

Besides, classes were fine in the original Battlefront, but it limits customisation if they can only use certain weapons and other pieces of equipment like jump packs, helmets, etc. Better to just keep the old system but enhance the customisation and maybe put limits on some star cards like jump pack and thermal detonators.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu

Doubt it. The fact that an ordinary Snowtrooper is seen with a jump pack makes me think there won't be classes that specifically use it. I get that some people find it annoying but it was a rather inventive way of getting around the large maps which is why DICE added it in the first place.

Besides, classes were fine in the original Battlefront, but it limits customisation if they can only use certain weapons and other pieces of equipment like jump packs, helmets, etc. Better to just keep the old system but enhance the customisation and maybe put limits on some star cards like jump pack and thermal detonators.

Really hope your wrong. Will be a massive disappointment if classes fail to return.
  • hope for offline mp
  • Whodunnit
    5526 posts Member
    A quick summary of what we saw in the teaser:
    • 0:01 - first appearance of a Raider Class Corvette in canon
    • 0:02 - TIE pilots on Endor when the DS2 blew with a small probe droid thats been seen in Rebels
    • 0:04 - helmetless female stormtrooper (yeey, they are back!)
    • 0:05 - flying through wreakage of DS2?
    • 0:08 - half a Star Destroyer
    • 0:11 - OT era ships in space combat above a desert like planet - X-wings, A-wings, TIEs and Y-wings
    • 0:12 - Star Destroyers in drydock
    • 0:13 - Starkiller Base
    • 0:15 - AT-ATs with OT stormtroopers. City planet with imperial flags and red trees- Coruscant or Mandalore?
    • 0:16 - TIEs chasing the Falcon on Takodana next to Maz's castle
    • 0:17 - Hoth walker assault. Snowtrooper with jump pack and E11? Tauntauns!
    • 0:19 - Maul on Naboo
    • 0:19 - Yoda forcing a lightsaber into his hand to fight Maul
    • 0:20 - Rey and First Order stormtroopers on Takodana
    • 0:21 - Kylo chillin
    • 0:22 - CIS vs Republic space battle at top
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Whodunnit wrote: »

This right here.
  • Whodunnit wrote: »

We listened!™ For just $2.99 you can make your Tauntaun the most agile creature on Hoth!
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7330 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Whodunnit wrote: »
    A quick summary of what we saw in the teaser:
    • 0:01 - first appearance of a Raider Class Corvette in canon
    • 0:02 - TIE pilots on Endor when the DS2 blew with a small probe droid thats been seen in Rebels
    • 0:04 - helmetless female stormtrooper (yeey, they are back!)
    • 0:05 - flying through wreakage of DS2?
    • 0:08 - half a Star Destroyer
    • 0:11 - OT era ships in space combat above a desert like planet - X-wings, A-wings, TIEs and Y-wings
    • 0:12 - Star Destroyers in drydock
    • 0:13 - Starkiller Base
    • 0:15 - AT-ATs with OT stormtroopers. City planet with imperial flags and red trees- Coruscant or Mandalore?
    • 0:16 - TIEs chasing the Falcon on Takodana next to Maz's castle
    • 0:17 - Hoth walker assault. Snowtrooper with jump pack and E11? Tauntauns!
    • 0:19 - Maul on Naboo
    • 0:19 - Yoda forcing a lightsaber into his hand to fight Maul
    • 0:20 - Rey and First Order stormtroopers on Takodana
    • 0:21 - Kylo chillin
    • 0:22 - CIS vs Republic space battle at top

0:15: Siege of Mandalore?
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Alvonator
    2510 posts Member
    Alvonator wrote: »

But if there are set spawnpoints, surely that would limit the reliance on the Jumpack. Take Battlefield 1 for example. The game has good spawnpoints that allow you to spawn near an action point or objective. Battlefront 2015 failed at this, hence the need for jumpacks. For example, in Endor during the last uplinks as am Imperial, if you died, you had to run all the way from the second set of uplinks.

All I want are good spawnpoints.

Now on to classes, surely to allow variety, some weapons could be universal for all classes such as the E-11 or A-280C. And some weapons could only be available to scouts. Classes would make the game more strategic and competitive.
  • I still don't get why many people don't like the jump pack. It's star wars. I mean STAR WARS!! :)
  • Whodunnit
    5526 posts Member
    KovJonas wrote: »
    I still don't get why many people don't like the jump pack. It's star wars. I mean STAR WARS!! :)

It'd be welcomed just not on everyone's back.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif

But if there are set spawnpoints, surely that would limit the reliance on the Jumpack. Take Battlefield 1 for example. The game has good spawnpoints that allow you to spawn near an action point or objective. Battlefront 2015 failed at this, hence the need for jumpacks. For example, in Endor during the last uplinks as am Imperial, if you died, you had to run all the way from the second set of uplinks.

Now on to classes, surely to allow variety, some weapons could be universal for all classes such as the E-11 or A-280C. And some weapons could only be available to scouts. Classes would make the game more strategic and competitive.

Yes, squads and proper spawn points would go a long way.
    Classes and a better, 64 player, mode is a must.
  • KovJonas wrote: »
    I still don't get why many people don't like the jump pack. It's star wars. I mean STAR WARS!! :)

Because they give players such an advantage that everyone uses one. And because of cheesey things like jump sniping.
  • KovJonas wrote: »

It dominated the entire gameplay in a bad way (BF 2015). Everyone was using it, because not to use it was a too big disatvantage. Honestly, it didn't really fit to a smooth Star Wars atmosphere.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Blazur
    4460 posts Member
    Because they give players such an advantage that everyone uses one. And because of cheesey things like jump sniping.

Jump packs are fine. They're sacrificing another card which could be equally advantageous (sniper, grenade, or bacta), and it exposes the player and draws attention to them.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • Blazur wrote: »

Jump packs are fine. They're sacrificing another card which could be equally advantageous (sniper, grenade, or bacta), and it exposes the player and draws attention to them.

Not a lot is equally advantageous, hence the vast majority use it. I have no issue with a jet pack being in bf2 but it must be class limited.

Spawnpoints would be a good fix for that since they are atrocious in this game and I really hope that this happens. Considering that all these "listening to the fans" comments have seemingly metastasized into CW content, perhaps the spawnpoint complaints have also reached them.
    I get that classes can make a game more competitive from the point of view of playing more strategically, I just feel like classes limit the freedom players have to make their player look however they want and gave whatever weapons and loadout, unlike a class system which would lock some of these to specific classes.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts

Spawnpoints would be a good fix for that since they are atrocious in this game and I really hope that this happens. Considering that all these "listening to the fans" comments have seemingly metastasized into CW content, perhaps the spawnpoint complaints have also reached them.
    I get that classes can make a game more competitive from the point of view of playing more strategically, I just feel like classes limit the freedom players have to make their player look however they want and gave whatever weapons and loadout, unlike a class system which would lock some of these to specific classes.

Star card system is always gonna lead to one combination of items that is better and used by the majority. It will never allow the game to be truly team orientated.

Star card system is always gonna lead to one combination of items that is better and used by the majority. It will never allow the game to be truly team orientated.

Unless you create a reward system based on team-play, like being able to unlock weapons, star cards, customisable elements, etc, by completing objectives, guarding checkpoints, assisting team members, etc. If they give people an incentive to play as a team in order to reap certain rewards, then they will learn to play as a team.
    My Concepts
  • I keep looking at that shot of the AT-AT foot with the high grey walls and the red tree. We calling Mandalore?
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    I keep looking at that shot of the AT-AT foot with the high grey walls and the red tree. We calling Mandalore?

Not sure. I don't completely remember what Mandalore looks like. I mainly remember the city.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.

Unless you create a reward system based on team-play, like being able to unlock weapons, star cards, customisable elements, etc, by completing objectives, guarding checkpoints, assisting team members, etc. If they give people an incentive to play as a team in order to reap certain rewards, then they will learn to play as a team.

Classes also allow for more gadgets and a side arm, so really more freedom! Both rewarding team play and classes should be implemented.
  • meshugene89
    2863 posts Member
    edited April 2017

Classes also allow for more gadgets and a side arm, so really more freedom! Both rewarding team play and classes should be implemented.

You don't have to have a class system to use a sidearm, they can just add a sidearm option to the weapon selection. Would be simple enough to a have a Primary and Secondary weapon selection system.
    My Concepts

You don't have to have a class system to use a sidearm, they can just add a sidearm option to the weapon selection. Would be simple enough to a have a Primary and Secondary weapon selection system.

However it is a given with classes. You cant have, medics or ammo without classes.
  • I hope there are classes again and the large maps are not linear anymore. Conquest would be awesome. Then the Walker modes are cut outs of the linear maps from the non-linear Conquest maps. Or an improved WA mode which isn't linear either.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• I hope there are classes again and the large maps are not linear anymore. Conquest would be awesome. Then the Walker modes are cut outs of the linear maps from the non-linear Conquest maps. Or an improved WA mode which isn't linear either.

If there is a good 64 player mode like conquest or operations (please galactic conquest online) then no one will think about was again. Scrap it, its not that great at all.
  • I agree. I am not a fan of Walker Assault, it just seems too limited and the lack of vehicle play kills it for me. That being said, I hope DICE is way more creative than just copy and pasting Operations/Conquest like others are suggesting. What I like about Walker Assault is the fact that it was an attempt at innovation just like Extraction/Battle Station/Sabotage/etc.

I do think Conquest should be in the game but I'd like most of the essential modes to be new staples of a rising franchise.
  • What planet is this in the background?
    6MIcdczh.jpg
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    What planet is this in the background?
    6MIcdczh.jpg

Not sure, but noticed the Y-Wing. :)
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    6MIcdczh.jpg

That looks like Coruscant
  • Jrob122 wrote: »
    6MIcdczh.jpg

That's what I was thinking, but wouldn't we see the city circles?
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    Jrob122 wrote: »
    6MIcdczh.jpg

I can see a small bit of it, at least I believe it is the city circle.
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    Jrob122 wrote: »
    6MIcdczh.jpg

Well it barely shows anything but the colors look very similar
  • Maybe the planet which looks similar to Coruscant. The one which was destroyed in TFA.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    thiago2103 wrote: »
    But wait , why would Imperial destroyers and rebellion wings be fighting over coruscant considering we will get pt content ?

Wouldn't make more sense to have CIS and republic ships there ?

The empire controlled Coruscant during the GCW

P.S it's great having you back ;)

However it is a given with classes. You cant have, medics or ammo without classes.

You can do all of that without classes. It boggles me at times wondering why people scream so loudly for a class system that would essentially see us a having to chose between option like regular infantry, medic, engineer, scout, etc.
    I get that there's nostalgia for the class system of the old games and that this game is developed by the same studio that makes Battlefield which has a class system, but there is absolutely no reason to have that system when a game like CoD shows us this.
    It doesn't divide players into different units, it lets you create your own "class" by allowing players to select a primary weapon, a secondary weapon, a tactical weapon (i.e. grenades), an attachment, and perks.
    Battlefront 2 could operate in a similar way, allowing players to select a primary weapon, secondary weapon (i.e. pistols, including the stinger and scout pistol), tactical weapons/star cards, an attachment (i.e. health pack, ammo pack, etc) and a trait.
    So really, there isn't much need for a class system if they just improve the loadout system.
    My Concepts

You can do all of that without classes. It boggles me at times wondering why people scream so loudly for a class system that would essentially see us a having to chose between option like regular infantry, medic, engineer, scout, etc.
    I get that there's nostalgia for the class system of the old games and that this game is developed by the same studio that makes Battlefield which has a class system, but there is absolutely no reason to have that system when a game like CoD shows us this.
    It doesn't divide players into different units, it lets you create your own "class" by allowing players to select a primary weapon, a secondary weapon, a tactical weapon (i.e. grenades), an attachment, and perks.
    Battlefront 2 could operate in a similar way, allowing players to select a primary weapon, secondary weapon (i.e. pistols, including the stinger and scout pistol), tactical weapons/star cards, an attachment (i.e. health pack, ammo pack, etc) and a trait.
    So really, there isn't much need for a class system if they just improve the loadout system.

People will never choose to have a health pack or ammo pack over something op like a jump pack.
  • thiago2103 wrote: »
    But wait , why would Imperial destroyers and rebellion wings be fighting over coruscant considering we will get pt content ?

Wouldn't make more sense to have CIS and republic ships there ?

This could be from the campaign when the Rebels/New Republic comes to take Coruscant back ftom the Imperial holdouts.
    My Concepts
  • Maybe the planet which looks similar to Coruscant. The one which was destroyed in TFA.

Coruscant:
    latest?cb=20130123002137
    Hosnian Prime:
    latest?cb=20151228102753
    The planet served as the capital for the New Republic (nice name btw...)
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• It's like ol times round here...

• Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    Maybe the planet which looks similar to Coruscant. The one which was destroyed in TFA.

Coruscant:
    latest?cb=20130123002137
    Hosnian Prime:
    latest?cb=20151228102753
    The planet served as the capital for the New Republic (nice name btw...)

Both are really cool looking planets!

I don't support a Battlefront 2 class system. I support a loadout system that can be cconsidered classes. It gives the best of both worlds
  • OneyLorcan wrote: »

I don't support a Battlefront 2 class system. I support a loadout system that can be cconsidered classes. It gives the best of both worlds

Not sure what you mean