criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

What star cards do you think will be removed from Battlefront 2?

ShowOff
113 posts Member
As much as I hate to see any of them go there's no doubt they will. This is assuming they even keep the star card idea. I have a feeling personal shield will get a major nerf or just be removed.

Replies

• All of them need to go lol
  • All of them need to go lol

I really liked the Star Cards. I am not a fan of classes since it limits my combinations. If they had a system like on MAG, I think that would be pretty cool!
  • I believe they are sticking around. I'm indifferent to them though, I love the smoke grenade ( I know ;) ) but that's about it. All I need is my rifle
  • Frix
    626 posts Member
    All of them need to go lol

I agree. I really disliked the star card system. It was so spammy. I definitely abused it to chuck infinite thermal detonators down corridors in the hopes of blowing up the enemies before they got me.
  • Shock Grenade, Bacta Bomb, bodyguard and Disruption have all had negative feedback due to how they effect blaster fights so I assume if any are going to just be removed it would be some sort of combination of those. I would however, assume that its more likely changes will be made to how they all work.
  • Xantos
    2385 posts Member
    Classes pls.

Tired of spammy star cards, and even moretired of excuses like "limits my combinations"

Yeah my combination of bacta, shield and jetpack
    "Only 10% of our playerbase played old Battlefronts, so we are going to do a Battlefront, which is not a Battlefront" -Dice 2017
  • Xantos wrote: »
    Classes pls.

Tired of spammy star cards, and even moretired of excuses like "limits my combinations"

Yeah my combination of bacta, shield and jetpack

• I would like star cards to be removed
    442nd And 332nd are the BEST
  • I would like star cards to be removed

Classes
  • Xantos
    2385 posts Member
    I would like spam cards to be removed

Fixed
    "Only 10% of our playerbase played old Battlefronts, so we are going to do a Battlefront, which is not a Battlefront" -Dice 2017
  • Xantos wrote: »
    I would like spam cards to be removed

Fixed

Lol
  • Classes could still include star cards in to some degree. All that needs to be done is implement something like Battlefield, where you have different classes, but you can customise those classes to suit yourself.
  • Xantos
    2385 posts Member
    Classes could still include star cards in to some degree. All that needs to be done is implement something like Battlefield, where you have different classes, but you can customise those classes to suit yourself.

Star cards can be good only if all the follow 3 points will be considered

1)Balance between offensive cards/defensive cards/support cards
    2)How well they will fit into the core gameplay
    3)Not spammable.

We kno in the first game these 3 points were completely ignored.

So, I prefer classes.
  • Classes or bust.
  • Woah Woah Woah, What the -- ehem* sorry, but who said star cards are making a return?
    giphy.gif
  • No more disruption, shock grenade or jump pack. Actually, if you can't fire while using jump pack I guess I wouldn't mind it.

Generally speaking, though, I kinda like the star cards......but would really like blaster fire to have the main focus.
  • I'm not a big fan of the star cards myself, but I have a feeling that they're going to continue to be part of EA Battlefront. I think they're just a little too arcadey, but it is what it is.
  • Jump-Pack was in the teaser, so that's definitely coming back into BF2...
    Member of the 501st
  • WodiQuix
    4440 posts Member
    Jump-Pack was in the teaser, so that's definitely coming back into BF2...

Yeah, I was disappointed to see it. Hopefully, it won't be too advantageous. It really needs a downgrade in how effective it is. I'm also hoping that any item that modifies damage or health, or the ability to fire your blaster/react to situations does not make a return in any form.
  • Frix
    626 posts Member
    Massman98 wrote: »
    Woah Woah Woah, What the -- ehem* sorry, but who said star cards are making a return?

Just the general assumption that they won't change a core mechanic the game was built around. I hope we have the wrong assumption.
  • WodiQuix wrote: »
    Jump-Pack was in the teaser, so that's definitely coming back into BF2...

Yeah, I was disappointed to see it. Hopefully, it won't be too advantageous. It really needs a downgrade in how effective it is. I'm also hoping that any item that modifies damage or health, or the ability to fire your blaster/react to situations does not make a return in any form.

I'm hoping they:

•Scrap Jump-Packs
    •Make Spawnpoints closer to the objective (walking over 70m+ is ridiculous and frustrating since you get killed right when you get there)
    Member of the 501st
  • I'm hoping jump packs. At the very least turn it into a pick up/power weapon type of deal.
  • I could do without Shock Nade, Bacta, Homing Shot, Disruption...
    I am one with the force. The force is with Steve.
  • Madcat124 wrote: »
    I'm hoping jump packs. At the very least turn it into a pick up/power weapon type of deal.

No pickups. CLASSES
  • BACTA
  • I hope jump-trooper is a class.
  • Most responses = "remove the stuff that I don't other people using"
  • Ok, I need to jump in here. How are classes going to make anything better? I really like how Star Cards work because it gives you complete customization, but for the sake of others, let's imagine that all the current Star Cards we use right now are no longer completely mixable but locked to classes. How would this change things?

For me I don't like the of idea locked classes because I very much like being able to have a sniper rifle with my heavy gun. If we had classes we probably wouldn't be able to do that. I like DICE games much better then COD, but let's take how COD does there classes. You get a primary (customizations), secondary (either a pistol or another primary gun), lethal and none lethal equipment, and the perks. That makes up a class, but you get to choose how that class is made.

So someone explain to me why it has to be locked classes, what makes it better over being able to make your on class from scratch?
  • Ok, I need to jump in here. How are classes going to make anything better? I really like how Star Cards work because it gives you complete customization, but for the sake of others, let's imagine that all the current Star Cards we use right now are no longer completely mixable but locked to classes. How would this change things?

For me I don't like the of idea locked classes because I very much like being able to have a sniper rifle with my heavy gun. If we had classes we probably wouldn't be able to do that. I like DICE games much better then COD, but let's take how COD does there classes. You get a primary (customizations), secondary (either a pistol or another primary gun), lethal and none lethal equipment, and the perks. That makes up a class, but you get to choose how that class is made.

So someone explain to me why it has to be locked classes, what makes it better over being able to make your on class from scratch?

Would allow ammo and medics; encourages team play; would allow proper anti vehicle classes; can be more easily balanced and means there won't be one strong set of cards that everyone uses.
  • Madcat124 wrote: »
    I'm hoping jump packs. At the very least turn it into a pick up/power weapon type of deal.

No pickups. CLASSES

PREACH IT.
    giphy.gif
  • Alvonator
    2510 posts Member
    Remove Disruption, Explosive Shot, Personal Shield Shield. In fact, remove all of them.

If there needs to be a weapon damage enhacer like ES, at least make the blaster bolt non-explosive and give it a different colour like green or something.

At least make the Jumpack an Elite Class like in Battlefield 1.
  • All Star Cards will be removed.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Alvonator
    2510 posts Member
    All Star Cards will be removed.

Only if DICE truly listened. I hope that is the case.
  • chaosnavely
    424 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    sorry, double post.

I'm with you, friend. I've heard all the explanations, all the arguments... I think in the end, it's really just a personal preference that several people are trying to push. It would certainly make the game more like a traditional battlefield strategy squad based game, but I like it the way it is. It's fun to make a difference, on your own, as a one person butt kicking force.

I'm with you, friend. I've heard all the explanations, all the arguments... I think in the end, it's really just a personal preference that several people are trying to push. It would certainly make the game more like a traditional battlefield strategy squad based game, but I like it the way it is. It's fun to make a difference, on your own, as a one person butt kicking force.

The thing that I think is funny is that they can model the options that the developer gives them with other games that do classes. Say in the new game we have a Rocket Star Card, maybe mines or something like that. Well, that player can model his "Class" to look like an Engineer class from the Battlefield games if he so desires to. You don't need classes to do what everyone is asking for. Just make your own custom class to look and play like that.
  • Alvonator
    2510 posts Member
    Ok, I need to jump in here. How are classes going to make anything better? I really like how Star Cards work because it gives you complete customization, but for the sake of others, let's imagine that all the current Star Cards we use right now are no longer completely mixable but locked to classes. How would this change things?

Look friend, with respect to your opinion, I'll tell you why I think Star Cards are a bad idea:

There will ALWAYS be a combination that is much superior to the rest, and many star cards will be inferior to others. We saw this in SWBF1, with Bacta, PS, and Jumpack. This class was arguably the best. It would easily destroy anyone carrying Homing Shot, Cooling Flush, and Ion Torpedoe.

Classes allow each loadout to be very balanced, and if it isn't, the Devs are able to look at each class objectively and determine if there are any OP or UP aspects. Classes also allow variety in terms of team work....We have Snipers, an Anti-Vehicle Class, or an Engineer class, or even a Support Class, each of which add different elements of teamwork. They have to work alongside each other to succeed. Star Cards dont do this because players pick the best loadout to acquire kills, not necessarily to support the team or the objective. Classes are much better.
  • Alvonator wrote: »
    Ok, I need to jump in here. How are classes going to make anything better? I really like how Star Cards work because it gives you complete customization, but for the sake of others, let's imagine that all the current Star Cards we use right now are no longer completely mixable but locked to classes. How would this change things?

Look friend, with respect to your opinion, I'll tell you why I think Star Cards are a bad idea:

There will ALWAYS be a combination that is much superior to the rest, and many star cards will be inferior to others. We saw this in SWBF1, with Bacta, PS, and Jumpack. This class was arguably the best. It would easily destroy anyone carrying Homing Shot, Cooling Flush, and Ion Torpedoe.

Classes allow each loadout to be very balanced, and if it isn't, the Devs are able to look at each class objectively and determine if there are any OP or UP aspects. Classes also allow variety in terms of team work....We have Snipers, an Anti-Vehicle Class, or an Engineer class, or even a Support Class, each of which add different elements of teamwork. They have to work alongside each other to succeed. Star Cards dont do this because players pick the best loadout to acquire kills, not necessarily to support the team or the objective. Classes are much better.

I guess I just play different then everyone else in Battlefront because I usually do not have Bacta or Jumpack, I play with Thermal Detonator and Scatter Gun. And not to sound cocky or anything, but I am usually at the top on my team or game.

But we will see what happens on Saturday.

The thing that I think is funny is that they can model the options that the developer gives them with other games that do classes. Say in the new game we have a Rocket Star Card, maybe mines or something like that. Well, that player can model his "Class" to look like an Engineer class from the Battlefield games if he so desires to. You don't need classes to do what everyone is asking for. Just make your own custom class to look and play like that.

From all the arguments I've been a part of, it seems more deeply psychological than simply wanting a class made for them. It seems more like the pro-class crowd has more experience with squad based fps games, and are therefore more familiar with how to play within those class based confines than they are when it's a free for all on the battlefield. There's also the element of immersion. You see a lot of the same people arguing for pretty strict canon requirements, as you do for the class setup. I think for them, it truly breaks their enjoyment of the game if it doesn't adhere pretty strictly to the stories their familiar with. Just my 2 cents.

They really don't though. The devs have to balance each item in the game against every other item in the game, the same as they do now. Otherwise, instead of having an "OP hand" you'll have an "OP class", which in my opinion is worse. Not only would everyone be picking that class and completely neglecting others, there would be even less opportunity to change up your game if you get bored with the class you're most familiar with. I loadout with thermal dets and dioxis a lot, but sometimes I like to change up one card, but keep a little familiarity in case the alt card goes terribly. With classes you don't have many options. Unless they made a ton of classes, in which case, what's the point of having classes?
  • Alvonator
    2510 posts Member
    Alvonator wrote: »

They really don't though. The devs have to balance each item in the game against every other item in the game, the same as they do now. Otherwise, instead of having an "OP hand" you'll have an "OP class", which in my opinion is worse. Not only would everyone be picking that class and completely neglecting others, there would be even less opportunity to change up your game if you get bored with the class you're most familiar with. I loadout with thermal dets and dioxis a lot, but sometimes I like to change up one card, but keep a little familiarity in case the alt card goes terribly. With classes you don't have many options. Unless they made a ton of classes, in which case, what's the point of having classes?

With regards to an "OP class," I clearly mentioned in my above post that devs will be able to look at a class more objectively and make appropriate changes. Same goes for a class that is UP.

For example, look at Battlefield 1, Scouts used to abuse the Martini Henry, and the devs fixed the weapon, making the class more balanced. Same happened with the Assault Class, where the Hellriegel was OP, and the devs toned down the weapon. Finally, regarding the Support Class, it was UP at first, but the devs improved the weapons making it more competitive.

Classes give players so many options, especially in the Star Wars Universe, where there are a vast amount of weapons.

I completely agree with you on this. But to be honest, I do not think this conversation will go to far with others. They want their classes and that is all they are going to want.

Preach

I completely agree with you on this. But to be honest, I do not think this conversation will go to far with others. They want their classes and that is all they are going to want.

Well, we'll see on Saturday what's what. Arguing after that will be pointless. They either made incredibly drastic changes to the system, or they didn't and never will.
  • I can't see them scrapping a core mechanic like the star card system. It needs tweaked not replaced. Longer cooldowns on all nades, no partner enhanced cooldowns, removing some cards completely, changes to some traits.

• Qui_Gon_Johnn
    295 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    All of them need to go lol

I agree. We either need a completely different system, or a major revamp of the current way. Having unlimited uses of things like nades, Shock nades, bacta is atrocious. And they shouldn't be so powerful (one shot nonsense, etc). I would much prefer having:

1. Primary rifle/heavy blaster
    2. Secondary, much weaker pistol
    3. Spawn with 1-2 nades
    4. Be able to pick up others' weapons, ammo for certain weapons that use ammo
    5. Then add other equippable items that you can't equip unless sacrificing elsewhere in loadout (i.e. Nades, jump pack)

Just an idea. Current system sucks the skill out of the game.

Look what Dennis said http://m.imgur.com/gallery/Hnjau
    Just another sniping YouTuber.
  • Most responses = "remove the stuff that I don't other people using"

• Classes could still include star cards in to some degree. All that needs to be done is implement something like Battlefield, where you have different classes, but you can customise those classes to suit yourself.

I like this idea! You could have a selection of star cards appropriate and unique to each class. That way players can take on a role by selecting the class they wish to, but still have a degree of freedom by being able to customise their star cards. For example, the medic class would have access to the bacta bomb, medical droid and adrenaline stim (if they remain in the game). I imagine the star card system will remain more or less the same in battlefront 2 though, but I like this idea, it would be cool!