criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Welcome to the Star Wars Battlefront Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Star Wars Battlefront and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Star Wars Battlefront EA II: some thoughts

Yaax64
126 posts Member
edited April 13
I have a really bad feeling about the teaser trailer. Judging from what I've seen...we MUST play Multiplayer to play as Clones and Droids...F@CK NO! The Campaign seems to only cover Episode 6-9...and completly ignores the Prequels...DICE, Criterion or Motive are you kidding us? Unless you somehow give us Instant Action back I doubt that the Game will not be criticised for not having the Clones in singleplayer. I really feel off with playing as Frostbite Engine Clone Troopers in a mode with bad Power-Ups (which should never have been put in Battlefront EA 1 in the first place) and laughable Star Cards. The Multiplayer of Battlefront EA I scarred me for life...while it was my first video game with only Multiplayer, I'll never forget the rage.

So, what do you think about this?

Replies

• I think that you should've waited for the full announcement. May not be playable offline but supposedly hero pickups are gone, star cards are gone, etc. so a lot of the shittiness of the first game is gone.

Just be thankful there is even prequel content in there.
  • TheStalker88
    4220 posts Member
    edited April 16
    Don't think instant action will exist, only campaign and mp. Don't get your hopes up because Dice is very not instant action friendly, at least so far.
    wtraTP5.gif
  • They have an offline mode with all eras, customization for heroes and troops and "skirmishes against ai" in co-op (only consoles tho) and solo. They also got rid of star cards
  • TheStalker88
    4220 posts Member
    edited April 16
    Nice and yet I'm still doubtful things will go as planned lol. Either they'll cut things and put the second half of the game behind the sp paywall like they always do or keep releasing glitched patches and overtweaking things. My trust is forever broken after this Battlefront.
    wtraTP5.gif
  • Yaax64
    126 posts Member
    @TheStalker88, were you EVER a "fan" of these god-forsaken Power-Ups?
  • No not really. They make the game even more random and crazy.
    wtraTP5.gif
  • Yaax64
    126 posts Member
    The Power-Ups should be taken out forever and should be forgotten
  • Agreed lol.
    wtraTP5.gif
  • TheStalker88
    4220 posts Member
    edited April 21
    Honestly BF2 might be alot better than BF1 (unless you really only like the OT era) because of classes, old BF2 type mechanics and offline instant action, but I really doubt EA is ditching the sp thing, especially since everyone's in the trend, even Nintendo. Question is, how complete will the game be when it comes out without the sp content? Will it be like this Battlefront at launch? 75% yes imo.

Then let's not forget about their abysmally slow patching record and new bugs with every patch... Still excited for Battlefront 2?
    wtraTP5.gif
  • Yaax64
    126 posts Member
    I'm still somewhat excited for the Game. I just hope DICE doesn't butcher it
  • bfloo
    4739 posts Member
    Strogg1980 wrote: »
    They have an offline mode with all eras, customization for heroes and troops and "skirmishes against ai" in co-op (only consoles tho) and solo. They also got rid of star cards

Where was all eras in offline mode confirmed?

I haven't seen anything that specific about it.
  • Yaax64
    126 posts Member
    I still hope they don't screw this up too much and If so, then EA has to do something to make Star Wars games no longer mediocre