criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Will Anakin be a hero or villain

Prev1
What do you all think/prefer?

Replies

• Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    Hero. I don't want to see him fighting with CIS Droids.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • I would prefer him as Hero, we have Vader as his Villain version.
  • Hero. Doesn't make sense to have him fight against clones or against rebels. Unless there will be some sort of order 66 mode.
  • Hero. He always fought with the Clones even after his turn.
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • From my point of view the Jedi are evil, so the republic are villains and the cis heroes.
  • Hero unless we have a mustafar map which he should be an exclusive villain on
    "The force is strong with this one."
  • 2000sGuy
    5843 posts Member
    Why would he even be a villain?
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Anakin will be a hero during the Clone Wars fighting together with Ahsoka. Only at the end he'll be a villain. If we get Darth Vader we wouldn't see Anakin as a villain. Maybe as a villain to buy later.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Linge1416
    1507 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    2000sGuy wrote: »

"Master skywalker there are too many of them" That is why because of his change to the dark side. Although it doesn't make sense if he is on the cis side.
    dq8iS1t.gif
  • 2000sGuy
    5843 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Linge1416 wrote: »

"Master skywalker there are too many of them" That is why because of his change to the dark side.

He fought the Jedi, not the clones or the republic. And that was only briefly. I mean Anakin fighting with Battle Droids? No Thank you
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »
    Linge1416 wrote: »

"Master skywalker there are too many of them" That is why because of his change to the dark side.

He fought the Jedi, not the clones or the republic. And that was only briefly. I mean Anakin fighting with Battle Droids? No Thank you

Yeah I just fixed my statement to say although fighting with the cis wouldn't make sense.
    dq8iS1t.gif
  • Quite clearly going to be a hero. Would love to see him fighting on Mustafar with his 501st Legion.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    Why not both?
  • Landeaux wrote: »
    Why not both?

Oh dear
    Why not both?

latest?cb=20160306145509
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • 2000sGuy
    5843 posts Member
    This highlights how with CW we can't be too complex or else we can end up with some bombad poodoo
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Both. Why not? Whether it's a map/mode specific concept or just all the eras mashed together, it can happen. I didn't care that I could see Krennic in the battle of Jakku and I won't care if there is a misplaced dark side Anakin either. Hell, I would even like to have Anakin and Vader go toe to toe.
  • Alvonator
    2510 posts Member
    With a hood: Evil Anakin

Without a hood: Kind Anakin.
  • 2000sGuy
    5843 posts Member
    The only Anakin that should be evil is in a hero blast mode. And even THEN i still would prefer Anakin to be on the Republic. I mean Anakin was with the Republic for 20 years for crying out loud. As opposed to the one day evil anakin lasted. That's like saying Vader should be playable for the Rebels because hey, he killed Sidious
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • I would prefer him to be a hero on the republic side. I wouldn't mind him having TCW skin though.
  • xSha3nx
    340 posts Member
    Stalemate wrote: »
    I would prefer him as Hero, we have Vader as his Villain version.

This.
  • I could be wrong, and have been many times, but I wouldn't count on Old Luke or Young Vader (Mannequin). It would be reeeeeally strange to be in a HvV match and see Old Luke and Young Luke, or Vader and Anakin in the same round. I just don't think they'd allow that. But who knows.
    I am one with the force. The force is with Steve.
  • I could be wrong, and have been many times, but I wouldn't count on Old Luke or Young Vader (Mannequin). It would be reeeeeally strange to be in a HvV match and see Old Luke and Young Luke, or Vader and Anakin in the same round. I just don't think they'd allow that. But who knows.

That's why you split eras
  • Hero for sure
    Member of the 501st

...and the player base.
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    I could be wrong, and have been many times, but I wouldn't count on Old Luke or Young Vader (Mannequin). It would be reeeeeally strange to be in a HvV match and see Old Luke and Young Luke, or Vader and Anakin in the same round. I just don't think they'd allow that. But who knows.

...and the player base.

Splitting eras doesn't explicitly split the player base. I understand what you're saying but paid DLC is a bigger player barrier than someone choosing to play PT over ST
  • 2000sGuy
    5843 posts Member
    Let's have Lando be selectable for the Villains! After all, he did betray Han and made a deal with the Empire!
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
    I could be wrong, and have been many times, but I wouldn't count on Old Luke or Young Vader (Mannequin). It would be reeeeeally strange to be in a HvV match and see Old Luke and Young Luke, or Vader and Anakin in the same round. I just don't think they'd allow that. But who knows.

...and the player base.

Splitting eras doesn't explicitly split the player base. I understand what you're saying but paid DLC is a bigger player barrier than someone choosing to play PT over ST

It won't split it as much, not nearly, but it still separates players that may have a serious aversion to playing one faction or another who may quit when say... a resistance map comes up or something. I could be wrong, so please feel free to convince me that my calculations are off.
    Let's have Lando be selectable for the Villains! After all, he did betray Han and made a deal with the Empire!

After what he did in the game late last year, he certainly qualifies.
  • It better be attack of the clones Anakin,we found out he hates sand, he cries and slaughters tusken raiders!
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    It better be attack of the clones Anakin,we found out he hates sand, he cries and slaughters tusken raiders!

I like the more past Attack of the Clones adult Anakin with the padawan.

@Sledgehammer70 @TheVestalViking However, it would be awesome to see Togruta Jedi, different Mandalorians and Twi'leks with several colors. There are so many different species on Coruscant surface world and underworld I would like to see. Maybe you can mine some of them for Battlefront. Nonetheless, at the moment I am very happy about Clone Wars^^ Very good decision :)
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Episode one, "now this is podracing" Anakin, CONFIRMED.
    Episode one, "now this is podracing" Anakin, CONFIRMED.

Podracing. Good thought. Would be cool as a fun mode on Mos Esba and Malastare or just as a small part of a large map.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

Episode one, "now this is podracing" Anakin, CONFIRMED.

Podracing. Good thought. Would be cool as a fun mode on Mos Esba and Malastare or just as a small part of a large map.

Podracing would be better off in its own game. Maybe a podrace could be in the background of a Tatooine map.
    PSN: Bucman55 "The ability to speak does not make you intellegent."
    "[Cross-Era play] would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • I would be down for some podracing, or more open maps with speeder bikes.
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7335 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    I would be down for some podracing, or more open maps with speeder bikes.

Yeah, not ending up on a tree.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Hero, unless they give him the yellow eyes and black robe like in Revenge as an evil hero for empire or for a certain scenario
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    It better be attack of the clones Anakin,we found out he hates sand, he cries and slaughters tusken raiders!

I like the more past Attack of the Clones adult Anakin with the padawan.

@Sledgehammer70 @TheVestalViking However, it would be awesome to see Togruta Jedi, different Mandalorians and Twi'leks with several colors. There are so many different species on Coruscant surface world and underworld I would like to see. Maybe you can mine some of them for Battlefront. Nonetheless, at the moment I am very happy about Clone Wars^^ Very good decision :)

Oh, and don't forget Hera with Rebels Ahsoka!
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
  • Whodunnit wrote: »
    Hero. He always fought with the Clones even after his turn.

This
  • Villain. RotS and the other prequels were a poor telling of Anakin's downfall. We should have had more time with fallen Anakin before he was fully cybernetic. Plus most games that feature him focus on his light side version. I'd like to spend some time playing as the fallen version for once.
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    Villain. RotS and the other prequels were a poor telling of Anakin's downfall. We should have had more time with fallen Anakin before he was fully cybernetic. Plus most games that feature him focus on his light side version. I'd like to spend some time playing as the fallen version for once.

He wouldn't fight Clones...
  • Darkaid wrote: »
    Villain. RotS and the other prequels were a poor telling of Anakin's downfall. We should have had more time with fallen Anakin before he was fully cybernetic. Plus most games that feature him focus on his light side version. I'd like to spend some time playing as the fallen version for once.

He wouldn't fight Clones...

Jyn Erso wouldn't fight Darth Vader.
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member

Which games?
  • 2000sGuy
    5843 posts Member

So you want him to slaughter clones and lead battledroids?
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Jrob122 wrote: »

Which games?

It's just RotS games since obviously that's the point where fallen Anakin exists. I vaguelly recall the PS2/Xbox version. Didn't play the others.

So you want him to slaughter clones and lead battledroids?

Honestly I don't even want to fight Anakin as Ahsoka or Rex. Better Darth Vader with his armor.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• I feel like fighting as Darth has been done time and again. Not to mention he's almost gauranteed to be a playable OT character. Don't see why we can't have fallen Anakin as a prequel villain.
  • Jyn Erso wouldn't fight Darth Vader.

If they ran into each other she might. She wouldn't last long, but she might still attempt to fight Vader.
    The reason Anakin doesn't work as a PT Villain is because even when he turned to the Dark Side, he still fought along-side the clones. The war really at that point turned into a 3-way conflict between the Republic, the Confederacy, and the Jedi with most of the Jedi being killed before they even knew they were supposed to fight back. Maybe he could work in a Duel mode or a special HvV, but not in regular battles like Geonosis or Kamino.
    PSN: Bucman55 "The ability to speak does not make you intellegent."
    "[Cross-Era play] would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Jyn Erso wouldn't fight Darth Vader.

If they ran into each other she might.

But she didn't. So let's not pretend to approach this from a canon perspective.