criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Describe your most wanted game mode

Massman98
299 posts Member
edited April 2017
I want two game modes in Battlefront II:

1. Space Combat: Factions battle to destroy supporting ships and a main cruiser, boarding enemy ships is possible (classic BF2)
2. Planet Sieges: Operations style game mode that represents actual battles (with a possible made up set of objectives) For example: the siege of Hoth could be an operations mode or classic conquest with walkers that are mobile spawn points. Make it cinematic though, like for Hoth, every 5-8 minutes have a rebel officer announce over the sound system in the rebel caves that says, "THE FIRST TRANSPORT IS AWAY, THE FIRST TRANSPORT IS A WAY" (and second and third, as time goes on). This can be done for Endor, Mos Eisley, Jakku, Utapau, any planet, get creative

What do you guys think of these^?

Also, please describe your own game mode you want
giphy.gif

Replies

• Nice idea. I would like:

- Conquest
    - Dynamic Space Battles
    - Walker Assault with open maps.
  • Conquest
    Galactic conquest online
  • Tdm hero mode with all heroes available, respawns and no limitations on how many of the same heroes run around like in the original Bf ii and conquest.
  • Alvonator wrote: »
    Nice idea. I would like:

- Conquest
    - Dynamic Space Battles

Yeah I feel like conquest is gonna be highly upvoted here, I personally liked the concept of Walker Assault, but it should be overhauled so it doesn't feel linear and repetitive, so when you say open maps @Alvonator ... I guess Im saying what do you mean by that, or what would you want the devs to do to make each game more dynamic
    giphy.gif
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    Conquest
    Space battles
    Order 66 mode :p
  • Jrob122 wrote: »
    Conquest
    Space battles
    Order 66 mode :p

"Order 66 mode" :'( YOU MONSTER! (lol that would be fun)
    giphy.gif
  • Alvonator
    2510 posts Member
    Massman98 wrote: »
    Alvonator wrote: »
    Nice idea. I would like:

- Conquest
    - Dynamic Space Battles

Yeah I feel like conquest is gonna be highly upvoted here, I personally liked the concept of Walker Assault, but it should be overhauled so it doesn't feel linear and repetitive, so when you say open maps @Alvonator ... I guess Im saying what do you mean by that, or what would you want the devs to do to make each game more dynamic

I mean, I would prefer maps that are wide that would allow flanking or other strategic moves for players. It would also open up space for proper vehicle gameplay. It would also limit the spawn trapping if one team is much better than another.
  • Alvonator wrote: »
    Alvonator wrote: »
    Nice idea. I would like:

- Conquest
    - Dynamic Space Battles

I mean, I would prefer maps that are wide that would allow flanking or other strategic moves for players. It would also open up space for proper vehicle gameplay. It would also limit the spawn trapping if one team is much better than another.

@Alvonator That sounds better, one problem is that the battle would still take place around the two uplink stations, which gets spammy and leads to poor gameplay, maybe there could be more uplink stations if the map and lobby gets bigger
    giphy.gif
  • I think its a nice idea to work on a game mode like the one of Battlefield 1 Operations but with planets of Star Wars
  • Jackbacole wrote: »
    I think its a nice idea to work on a game mode like the one of Battlefield 1 Operations but with planets of Star Wars

It would be really nice to introduce, especially if they could back it up with a larger player lobby, bigger maps, and more vehicles ;)
    giphy.gif
  • Frix
    626 posts Member

1. Space Combat: Factions battle to destroy supporting ships and a main cruiser, boarding enemy ships is possible (classic BF2)
    2. Planet Sieges: Operations style game mode that represents actual battles (with a possible made up set of objectives) For example: the siege of Hoth could be an operations mode or classic conquest with walkers that are mobile spawn points. Make it cinematic though, like for Hoth, every 5-8 minutes have a rebel officer announce over the sound system in the rebel caves that says, "THE FIRST TRANSPORT IS AWAY, THE FIRST TRANSPORT IS A WAY" (and second and third, as time goes on). This can be done for Endor, Mos Eisley, Jakku, Utapau, any planet, get creative

For space combat I would like to see them improve upon the old style maybe some controllable large ships like the frigates and make them deadly something to spice up the old mode. Also Planet Siege sounds awesome and would fit the asymmetrical gameplay.
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    • Conquest
    • Space Battles
    • Galactic Conquest
    • Invsion Mode (like in the CW series)
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Conquest
    • Space Battles
    • Galactic Conquest

Can you elaborate on the invasion mode?
  • Massman98
    299 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    • Conquest
    • Space Battles
    • Galactic Conquest

Same^ would like to hear about that @Ahsoka_Tano
    Frix wrote: »

For space combat I would like to see them improve upon the old style maybe some controllable large ships like the frigates and make them deadly something to spice up the old mode. Also Planet Siege sounds awesome and would fit the asymmetrical gameplay.

Thanks for the complement on the planet siege idea, I think it could really up the value of the game. And I like your idea on improving space combat, Using the cannons of the main ship or cruiser could be a pickup or kill streak award. Especially in a bigger lobby, assuming AI ships will still be flying around
    giphy.gif
    • Conquest
    • Space Battles
    • Galactic Conquest

Similar to this.

For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• bigjay
    787 posts Member
    Id like to see extraction expanded upon maby 2 to 3 carts and bring back sabatoge. i had a good time for a year straight with those.
    PSN : BIG_JAY_ALLDAY it should have been this way day 1
  • I can describe more of what I don't want: mixed-modes. I hate their concept of flying, so no more Battlestation or Infiltration type modes where you're forced to fly before playing as infantry.
    • Conquest
    • Space Battles
    • Galactic Conquest

Similar to this.

So kinda like the planet siege idea I had as the first post? except you want to make sure it includes the initial fighting sequences in the siege. I definitely agree to that, great idea
    giphy.gif
  • Massman98 wrote: »
    • Conquest
    • Space Battles
    • Galactic Conquest

Same^ would like to hear about that @Ahsoka_Tano
    Frix wrote: »

Thanks for the complement on the planet siege idea, I think it could really up the value of the game. And I like your idea on improving space combat, Using the cannons of the main ship or cruiser could be a pickup or kill streak award. Especially in a bigger lobby, assuming AI ships will still be flying around

Well, you'll land from the orbit or the captial ships with a limited amout of troops (life tickets later after the landing similar to Conquest). The amount of vehicles will be limited to all which made it to the ground. Later there are several objectives which need to be attacked from the invasion army. The other team has to defened them to death or kill all enemies.
    But the mode shouldn't be linear. So the attacking team can freely decide where they want to attack. The gun ships can drop vehicles and the AT-TE as well as transport troops. During and before the landing the defending team has some ships to attack the captials or landing ships.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• I can describe more of what I don't want: mixed-modes. I hate their concept of flying, so no more Battlestation or Infiltration type modes where you're forced to fly before playing as infantry.

I would agree to that, I think most of the big games should include the ability to play as an infantry, fly, man a turret, or ground vehicle, every match at all times, with the exception of space battles, which should still have boarding ships possible
    giphy.gif
  • I've noticed that the only game modes mentioned here is: conquest, Space Combat, Galactic conquest, and a siege/invasion/operation mode. Honestly, if these are the only modes offered online, it'll be a great game! (maybe include hero duel in a splitscreen mode, and the online modes offered offline in instant action)

GET RID of all the small pointless modes
    giphy.gif
  • SG-17
    118 posts Member
    Classic Conquest is all that I need.

I'd also like to see Conquest Domination replace Droid Run.
    Visit The Star Wars: Battlefront Community for clans and tournaments on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Established 2007.
  • Conquest, extraction, and hunt mode from the original battlefront 2

I also really hope they don't scrap battlestation or at least let us do the trench run offline
  • Willpated3 wrote: »
    Conquest, extraction, and hunt mode from the original battlefront 2

I also really hope they don't scrap battlestation or at least let us do the trench run offline

You really want extraction back? Im just kinda worried that a surplus of less significant game modes will break up the player lobby and hamper the quality. But I could be on the wrong side of this
    giphy.gif
  • What? No votes for Hero Hunt?
    tenor.gif

• I would love to see classic Conquest and Walker Assault again.

Offline Skirmishes again.

If possible, offline and online versions of Galactic conquest.
  • Linge1416
    1507 posts Member
    Jackbacole wrote: »
    I think its a nice idea to work on a game mode like the one of Battlefield 1 Operations but with planets of Star Wars

Yeah something like operations would be nice. Since how operations was based off of real historic events (or so i am told I don't own bf1) maybe they could base it off the movies or even some tv show battles.
    dq8iS1t.gif
  • xSha3nx
    340 posts Member
    What? No votes for Hero Hunt?
    tenor.gif

hahahaha!

I think the Operations mode from Battlefield 1 for SWBF 2 would be epic.
  • So just a little poll here, just quote this and give your feedback:

Would you want the full multiplayer mode setlist to be:

Big Modes (64 player lobby)
    -Conquest
    -Planet Siege/Operations (honestly could combine Space Battles and Conquest)
    -Space Battles (like old battlefront 2 on cocaine)

Small Modes (24 player lobby)
    -Some hero mode
    -Some other Hero Mode
    -Extraction

And then thats it to keep the player lobby saturated in the small game modes provided
    giphy.gif
  • JMaster
    2150 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Walker Assault, Extraction, and an all heroes Heroes v. Villains. More original modes would be epic, though, like Order 66, or your good ol' Conquest mode. My idea is for a mode called "Bounty", wherein you play as a 7 group squad of Bounty Hunters (Boba, Greedo, Denar, Bossk, and hopefully 4-LOM, Zuckuss, and IG-88) against a 14 man (or woman, don't hurt me) squad of troopers with 2 hero characters (Chewie and Han, for example...). Your job as the rebels is to protect them, while the 7 Hunters have to try and eliminate the key personnel, competing against the other hunters. How's that sound?
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • Master_Cunha
    4550 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    So just a little poll here, just quote this and give your feedback:

Would you want the full multiplayer mode setlist to be:

Big Modes (64 player lobby)
    -Conquest
    -Planet Siege/Operations (honestly could combine Space Battles and Conquest)
    -Space Battles (like old battlefront 2 on cocaine)

Small Modes (24 player lobby)
    -Some hero mode
    -Some other Hero Mode
    -Extraction

And then that's it to keep the player lobby saturated in the small game modes provided
    I also wouldn't mind the hero mode being smaller if there are less heroes. (I'd like everyone in the game to be a hero and eras to not cross).
    I'd swap one small hero mode with extraction or drop zone. Other than that it would be perfect.

• JMaster wrote: »
    Walker Assault, Extraction, and an all heroes Heroes v. Villains. More original modes would be epic, though, like Order 66, or your good ol' Conquest mode. My idea is for a mode called "Bounty", wherein you play as a 7 group squad of Bounty Hunters (Boba, Greedo, Denar, Bossk, and hopefully 4-LOM, Zuckuss, and IG-88) against a 14 man (or woman, don't hurt me) squad of troopers with 2 hero characters (Chewie and Han, for example...). Your job as the rebels is to protect them, while the 7 Hunters have to try and eliminate the key personnel, competing against the other hunters. How's that sound?

I like the idea, however, my idea on having big game modes that allow diverse play, allows for taking out heroes to be a small objective in a larger war, where you can CHOOSE to go for it. That mode would be repetitive, A problem with all of the modes in SWBF1. So Im definitely up for putting bounty hunters and heroes in the large game modes, put a lot in if its a 64 player lobby, but don't make a distracting repetitive small game mode
    giphy.gif
  • Conquest, Order 66, and Hero Blast allowing all heroes from all 3 eras in one match
    Member of the 501st
  • Conquest, Order 66, and Hero Blast allowing all heroes from all 3 eras in one match

I like hero blast, But... I think Order 66 would be better suited for a splitscreen mission
    giphy.gif
  • Alvonator
    2510 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    What? No votes for Hero Hunt?
    tenor.gif

Lmao. Gee...I wonder why?