criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Fat & Old Luke

Alvonator
2510 posts Member
Anyone else happy that Luke is fat and old, which means that players wont be able to charge at the enemy during the first 10 seconds of a game and die...leaving your team broken apart?

Replies

• The camera adds 40 lbs.
  • Oh don't worry, Luke most certainly has passed that technique to BOTH Kylo Ren and Rey.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Alvonator wrote: »
    Anyone else happy that Luke is fat and old, which means that players wont be able to charge at the enemy during the first 10 seconds of a game and die...leaving your team broken apart?

So he'll transition into a BF2 version of BF1
    Vader lol
  • Alvonator
    2510 posts Member
    Oh don't worry, Luke most certainly has passed that technique to BOTH Kylo Ren and Rey.

Yup....and Maul. Oh boy! This is worse than I expected...
  • Will Old Luke even make it into the game? I thought he's supposed to die off in the next film.
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    Will Old Luke even make it into the game? I thought he's supposed to die off in the next film.

Yes, as a preorder bonus
    No, he isn't dying off
  • I'll choosse Rey. Sorry Luke.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• "I AM JEDI.........CHARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!"

giphy.gif
  • "I AM JEDI.........CHARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!"

giphy.gif

That's a clone trooper, right??
  • xSha3nx
    340 posts Member
    The camera adds 40 lbs.

hahaha

Where is the "Like" button!?!!?! We need this button.

• CloneAssassin501
    1828 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    xSha3nx wrote: »
    The camera adds 40 lbs.

hahaha

Likes? Likes are no good out here, we need something a little more real. Hues or Brännvalls are perfectly acceptable forms of currency.
    PSN: Bucman55 "The ability to speak does not make you intellegent."
    "[Cross-Era play] would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Old Luke will be in the game, but only for 25 seconds and he won't say a word.
  • Xantos
    2385 posts Member
    xSha3nx wrote: »
    The camera adds 40 lbs.

hahaha

Likes? Likes are no good out here, we need something a little more real. Hues or Brännvalls are perfectly acceptable forms of currency.

I r8 dennis/10
    "Only 10% of our playerbase played old Battlefronts, so we are going to do a Battlefront, which is not a Battlefront" -Dice 2017
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    Old Luke will be in the game, but only for 25 seconds and he won't say a word.

maybe force ghost Anakin will be playable.
    I am one with the force. The force is with Steve.
  • Dude. Force ghost heroes, PREORDERED
  • Man, Luke players just suck.

"It's muh story! I can't dieeee!"

Charges into Boba Fett, Bossk, and Vader.

Han and Nubs: :neutral:

How do you play Luke? Just curious.
  • bfloo
    14546 posts Member
    Man, Luke players just suck.

The problem is every once in a while you can get away with it and destroy the other team as a reckless Luke. It is a lot of fun when you pull it off.

It works maybe 1/ 20 times.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

Hit and run mostly, though I'm a Solo guy. But you're never supposed to charge directly into the middle of the enemy team. That's just stupid.
  • Alvonator
    2510 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Man, Luke players just suck.

Support the team (stick near with them), use your speed to flank when you can, don't charge the entire enemy team head.

I stick around one spot for 30 seconds then change position so I won't be charged by an entire team. Once I hit 20 health, I become Rambo and get several more kills.
    Member of the 501st
  • How do you play Luke? Just curious.

I typically try to lead the troops like the Jedi of old by moving to the front line and blocking shots meant for my troops. Sometimes if the battle (in supremacy) is going well I'll try making my way to the next control point.
    PSN: Bucman55 "The ability to speak does not make you intellegent."
    "[Cross-Era play] would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Panzertruppen65
    234 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    According to inside source: Old fat Luke character still wields viscous light sabre and can still OHK with RB force push--- or push LB and initiates deadly OHK old hero ability "bores you to death about how things were different in his day" (no cool down once he gets going). Downside is he moves a lot slower, only appears in last 30 seconds of any match, and spends most of that time in the can of the (4th) Death Star. Sorry, all storylines must have a Death Star incorporated for some reason.

New Tarkin villain character also has ability to explain how escrow and annuities work but unfortunately for imperial team, keeps referring to data tapes on Scarif as "BetaMax" for some reason and yelling at attacking rebels to get off his lawn.
  • Luke is one of the most interesting heroes to play in the game, and I hardly ever pick him...

He's fast, he has block, he has a wall of force destruction, and he has a freaking lightsaber.

BUT

He takes damage like a sheet of parchment paper, his block only semi works, and he's constantly stunned.

Good players can become great with Luke. Bad players become worse. He's basically the super soldier serum of Star Wars heroes.
  • Luke is God tier, and can easily solo the entire enemy team. He's learned from the infamous Calrissian how to abuse the power of Gods and wipe out anyone who doesn't YEEEEHAAAAW with him and his true master...
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • I read this thread title and imagined Mark Hamill checking the forum with his lurker account and hearing 'The Sound of Silence' by Simon and Garfunkel.

You're an animal.
  • Alvonator
    2510 posts Member
    I read this thread title and imagined Mark Hamill checking the forum with his lurker account and hearing 'The Sound of Silence' by Simon and Garfunkel.

You're an animal.

You know, I was thinking almost the same thing. Poor Mark Hamill. He's not fat though, when you think about it.
  • Alvonator wrote: »
    I read this thread title and imagined Mark Hamill checking the forum with his lurker account and hearing 'The Sound of Silence' by Simon and Garfunkel.

You're an animal.

You know, I was thinking almost the same thing. Poor Mark Hamill. He's not fat though, when you think about it.

He just big boned.
  • We've all put on a few pounds over the years.
  • There's a great episode of News Radio (1990s sitcom) where Hamill guests as himself, and Dennis (David Spade) bugs the crap out of him as a super obnoxious SW fan. Hamill brilliantly turns the tables on him by obsessing over every little minutia of his secretarial job and in turn drives Dennis nuts. I think it was Hamill's finest moment since Jedi. I also just noticed Hamill performing in a small part I forgot about while I was re-watching Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. His performance was purposely campy and very entertaining, but because of this thread I mostly noticing his weight gain at least going back to 2001 when I saw that scene. We make jokes, but seriously, who can maintain their youthful physique after 40 years? So Mark, I'm only kidding, and feel ya bro. Keep doing the great things you do.
  • I hated Luke and Vader in the current Battlefront..But Han? BOOOOOOOOOOI...I HAD VADER RUNNIN LIKE A B****...That Lucky shot and Rapid shot tore him apart lol... Probably my favorite moment in the entire game