criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Question about lag

Wallofman
1122 posts Member
This may sound like a very stupid question, but I will ask it anyway. How do I know if I am experiencing lag? I am playing the game, and there is a lot of times when I am running my player stops. I have to release the stick to start up again. Now is this lag, or is my controller going out on me and there is something wrong with the stick?

Sometimes is seems like lag, but I have a good connection. Then many times I can get going again just by letting go of the stick and start "walking" instead of "running", which makes me think it is a controller issue

Replies

• I have the same issue occasionally....I feel like my controllers are in decent shape
  • Wallofman wrote: »
    This may sound like a very **** question, but I will ask it anyway. How do I know if I am experiencing lag? I am playing the game, and there is a lot of times when I am running my player stops. I have to release the stick to start up again. Now is this lag, or is my controller going out on me and there is something wrong with the stick?

Sometimes is seems like lag, but I have a good connection. Then many times I can get going again just by letting go of the stick and start "walking" instead of "running", which makes me think it is a controller issue

4qlggjp.gif?w=650

Maybe this was happening to you?
  • Lag from what I experience:
    I see others running backwards, you see someone die before you hear the sounds or see the actual shooting animation, throw a bacta bomb down and watch it bounce, hear it roll and then about a second later you get the healing sound and animation.
    Then you have the obvious hit detection issues that morph into the yellow or red bar connection icon.
  • Wookie_Rage73
    748 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    I have the same issue occasionally....I feel like my controllers are in decent shape
    f09a45a902238256dd22006fb7a0e0c2f515c986_hq.gif

Controller was just fine.
  • I have the same issue occasionally....I feel like my controllers are in decent shape

Michael Jackson didn't die.

He just put on a scout trooper helmet and started wrekkin'
  • Wallofman
    1122 posts Member
    Lag from what I experience:
    I see others running backwards, you see someone die before you hear the sounds or see the actual shooting animation, throw a bacta bomb down and watch it bounce, hear it roll and then about a second later you get the healing sound and animation.
    Then you have the obvious hit detection issues that morph into the yellow or red bar connection icon.

see I do not have any of those issues. That is why I am asking. I do not generally have any of the common lag occurrences except that my player will stop moving.
  • Wallofman
    1122 posts Member
    I have the same issue occasionally....I feel like my controllers are in decent shape

my player will just stop. He will not even be running in place. i will be pushing forward, but the player is just standing still.
  • Is your real name Bono?
    ...throw a bacta bomb down and watch it bounce, hear it roll and then about a second later you get the healing sound and animation.

Sorry. Have to disagree on this one. That's not lag. It's by design. A rogue EA employee programmed that to happen at random out of spite as they were sick and tired of lame things being added to the game despite their very reasoned objections.
    ...throw a bacta bomb down and watch it bounce, hear it roll and then about a second later you get the healing sound and animation.

Sorry. Have to disagree on this one. That's not lag. It's by design. A rogue EA employee programmed that to happen at random out of spite as they were sick and tired of lame things being added to the game despite their very reasoned objections.

Uh huh. Right. It coincidentally happens only when the rest of the things I described happen too. And never happens when the connection is fine.

He still hasn't found what he's looking for.

What the heck is with you and Bear changing avatars? This new black forum monstrosity is rough enough and now you're messing with the program even further. George is getting upset!

tumblr_mkbuhrxu9p1s99m4bo1_400.gif
  • LastOneToKnow
    600 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Lag from what I experience:

Uh huh. Right. It coincidentally happens only when the rest of the things I described happen too. And never happens when the connection is fine.

Do you not recognize a joke when you hear one? :wink:
  • I generally only get lag when I play in a party, or private match, which I believe is impacted by the party host's connection. Sometimes it occurs when playing solo. In both cases this is what I experience:

Getting ohk by something like the DL-18 and the player is running Survivalist trait and not explosive shot.

I'll be sprinting then I'll stop and start running in place for a second or two then resume sprinting

I'll see a player or ship loop the same motion 2-3 times.

Door opens, I thrown something, but bounces back as if the door is closed.

Will shoot someone a dozen time only to get ohk and they're not running Bodyguard nor are they Bacta'd.

Encounter an opponent, I hear a bang and die, then a half second second later I see their scatter gun animation

• I generally only get lag when I play in a party, or private match, which I believe is impacted by the party host's connection. Sometimes it occurs when playing solo. In both cases this is what I experience:

Getting ohk by something like the DL-18 and the player is running Survivalist trait and not explosive shot.

I'll be sprinting then I'll stop and start running in place for a second or two then resume sprinting

Will shoot someone a dozen time only to get ohk and they're not running Bodyguard nor are they Bacta'd.

Encounter an opponent, I hear a bang and die, then a half second second later I see their scatter gun animation

Lay off the recreational use.

He still hasn't found what he's looking for.

He was running to stand still.

Nice avatar. Was the picture taken in Washington State?
  • Wallofman
    1122 posts Member
    I generally only get lag when I play in a party, or private match, which I believe is impacted by the party host's connection. Sometimes it occurs when playing solo. In both cases this is what I experience:

And I do not see any of that (for the most part). Just last night I was playing. I did not see any faulty hit detection, no one running in place, etc. Yet every time I would sprint, it would stop about 15 seconds into the sprint. I then have to walk a few steps before I can sprint again.
  • It's most definitely low-key lag. I have this issue all of the time. My controllers are fine and work perfectly for any other game I play. One is a year old. The other is relatively new. It's straight-up annoying AF and is usually accompanied by a plethora of other manifestations of lag in this game. This last week has been horrible.
    I find your lack of Guinness disturbing