criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Instant Action & PvE Feedback

1103104106108109145

Replies

  • Well there on there vacation till August.  Then we will get more news in August.

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cuhT8Ripk7E


    “There is always hope.”
  • Well there on there vacation till August.  Then we will get more news in August.

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cuhT8Ripk7E


    That video is not confirmed. Remember 5 months ago of the same hype? YouTubers even said that they played a large scale mode and didn't know the 6 of them was playing with bots. Still waiting on hope? 
  • We have to wait only a couple of weeks, then we will receive our community transmission about the new PVE mode. 
    We are close guys.
    And remember, August is only the first wave of PVE content, there will be more coming in fall. 
    I think the next few months are going to be amazing for us. 
    Probably the first PVE mode will be Supremacy Ground phase with command posts and AI reinforcements.
    Then they will give us some new modes and AI heroes in fall.

    Instant Action - Thank you Dice!
  • Remember, it's not confirmed until we're actually playing it.

    I'll believe we'll get any offline content when it's on my PS4.
  • I don't believe in nothing until my youngest is laughing in joy when he's killing clankers and imperials on large scale offline. Only 3 things he wanted. 

    1. 501st. Wookies/ rebels ☑ 
    2.anikan skywalker /kylo ren ☑ 
    3.large scale offline question to remain unchecked. 


  • I think anyone hoping / expecting it to be playable offline is going to be pretty disappointed.  I am okay with it being online only, as long as I can play solo with just bots.  

    Dennis said that the ultra AI in CS is only doable online and wouldn't function in Arcade mode, and so "we'll just have to find another way to scratch the PvE itch."  I am pretty sure he meant another way than Arcade mode / offline.

    I mean I can only tell you so many times.  Just don't get your hopes up cause otherwise you'll all be raging come August.

    Again, just make the most of what they are giving us: multiple ways to play large scale battles solo with bots.  We don't have that now.  That is a massive upgrade!  Yeah, it sucks we can't play it offline, but at least it means the AI we'll get will be much more intelligent than the stuff in Arcade right now.
    I'll be playing it in split screen regardless of internet requirements.  I certainly hope it is fully offline before servers close.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • We have to wait only a couple of weeks, then we will receive our community transmission about the new PVE mode. 
    We are close guys.
    And remember, August is only the first wave of PVE content, there will be more coming in fall. 
    I think the next few months are going to be amazing for us. 
    Probably the first PVE mode will be Supremacy Ground phase with command posts and AI reinforcements.
    Then they will give us some new modes and AI heroes in fall.

    That would be awesome.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Jesbro said:
    I think anyone hoping / expecting it to be playable offline is going to be pretty disappointed.  I am okay with it being online only, as long as I can play solo with just bots.  

    Dennis said that the ultra AI in CS is only doable online and wouldn't function in Arcade mode, and so "we'll just have to find another way to scratch the PvE itch."  I am pretty sure he meant another way than Arcade mode / offline.

    I mean I can only tell you so many times.  Just don't get your hopes up cause otherwise you'll all be raging come August.

    Again, just make the most of what they are giving us: multiple ways to play large scale battles solo with bots.  We don't have that now.  That is a massive upgrade!  Yeah, it sucks we can't play it offline, but at least it means the AI we'll get will be much more intelligent than the stuff in Arcade right now.
    And what about when the servers go offline? Unless it solves that problem nothing else will be enough. That is why it needs to be playable offline and they need to get it done by any means necessary.
    I know, that's going to suck when that happens... but this is better than nothing.  If we just sit and p1$$ and moan about it, that's not going to make them ever want to do whatever they have to do to port it to offline though.  I think our best bet will be to enjoy it and play it when it comes out while politely, patiently and persistently requesting them to bring it to offline -- but the emphasis is on playing it -- cause they will track how many people are even playing it.  If no one is playing it, we'll never get it offline.  I guarantee you that.
    Again, Think. About. What. You. Are. Saying. Do you really think they will dedicate a portion of the existing servers or make new servers strictly for PVE content, especially PVE content that is able to be played SOLO? That makes absolutely no sense, please explain to me how it does if you have a counter argument to that.  Also, the AI updates are already implemented in arcade right now. Some of you seem to have an entire mindset/ belief that it is more difficult to implement offline content and I have no idea why. If the new PVE content is available to be played solo, there is absolutely NO reason at all for it to require online.
    You don't need to have an internet connection to play the campaign, which is also PVE content. The team is not going to complicate things or make more work for themselves by making PVE content strictly online. I just don't see how you can think people who are expecting it offline will be disappointed. In reality, I think people expecting online co-op are the people who would be more likely to experience disappointment because online co-op PVE would be the equivalent of private matches which they have said absolutely nothing about.  
  • mandalorj said:
    Jesbro said:
    I think anyone hoping / expecting it to be playable offline is going to be pretty disappointed.  I am okay with it being online only, as long as I can play solo with just bots.  

    Dennis said that the ultra AI in CS is only doable online and wouldn't function in Arcade mode, and so "we'll just have to find another way to scratch the PvE itch."  I am pretty sure he meant another way than Arcade mode / offline.

    I mean I can only tell you so many times.  Just don't get your hopes up cause otherwise you'll all be raging come August.

    Again, just make the most of what they are giving us: multiple ways to play large scale battles solo with bots.  We don't have that now.  That is a massive upgrade!  Yeah, it sucks we can't play it offline, but at least it means the AI we'll get will be much more intelligent than the stuff in Arcade right now.
    And what about when the servers go offline? Unless it solves that problem nothing else will be enough. That is why it needs to be playable offline and they need to get it done by any means necessary.
    I know, that's going to suck when that happens... but this is better than nothing.  If we just sit and p1$$ and moan about it, that's not going to make them ever want to do whatever they have to do to port it to offline though.  I think our best bet will be to enjoy it and play it when it comes out while politely, patiently and persistently requesting them to bring it to offline -- but the emphasis is on playing it -- cause they will track how many people are even playing it.  If no one is playing it, we'll never get it offline.  I guarantee you that.
    Again, Think. About. What. You. Are. Saying. Do you really think they will dedicate a portion of the existing servers or make new servers strictly for PVE content, especially PVE content that is able to be played SOLO? That makes absolutely no sense, please explain to me how it does if you have a counter argument to that.  Also, the AI updates are already implemented in arcade right now. Some of you seem to have an entire mindset/ belief that it is more difficult to implement offline content and I have no idea why. If the new PVE content is available to be played solo, there is absolutely NO reason at all for it to require online.
    You don't need to have an internet connection to play the campaign, which is also PVE content. The team is not going to complicate things or make more work for themselves by making PVE content strictly online. I just don't see how you can think people who are expecting it offline will be disappointed. In reality, I think people expecting online co-op are the people who would be more likely to experience disappointment because online co-op PVE would be the equivalent of private matches which they have said absolutely nothing about.  
    Your missing the point. The fear is that by track record and lack of saying something simple as its offline. And just their record that it being offline is slim to none. So there is dought a lot of it. And at the moment there is no reason it should not be. Heck we can't get all the blast maps for arcade nor the ships interior for arcade. They said every new thing that comes out arcade will get a portion of. It's been a year and a month since then. A whole dang year my guy. 
    I would love to play naboo outside blast map. Or in side a ship. Heck I remember before they pulled it down before launch that we was to get a version of strike offline and skirmish. Did you know I pre-ordered the biggest edition of that game just so my son can play it offline? I had to report them to the BBB. For false advertisement. 

    So when people have feelings that it won't be offline then you have to come up with something that can fight that argument strong. 
  • @LoneShooter72 I can't give you any argument more clear or concrete as to why online PVE makes no sense than my previous comment. Again, EA has brainwashed an entire generation of gamers to believe that everything must be online to the point that people believe that games are developed that way? You do realize that we already have PVE in the game, other than arcade? It's called the campaign. It would be harder for them to introduce a online PVE aspect to this game than  it would to have it offline because PVE can be played alone and again, if it's co-op it's the equivalent of a private match. We know the team is short staffed, think about how it would have to work if it were online only. Try to think like a game developer, you will have to devote resources and personnel to yet another mode separate from the most popular mode which is pvp. Now, whether or not they have the resources to do that we'll see this fall but stop and think, think. PVE online is more of a headache for the team than offline especially if co-op is a part of this mode, which I'm guessing it's not b/c they have said nothing about it being online co-op. 
  • Well I'm not guessing on anything. I just don't want another online experience. Plus what most developers had said in the past on different games is that it's easier to do Online than Offline. Which I find weird because video games has it's roots for Offline home couch gaming. But EA has always tried to make people play Online which is why "Call of Duty" will always out sale "Battlefield". 
    Word on that one. 👍🏼
    “There is always hope.”
  • This is the only game I play, and HvV the only mode, so If we see hero AI or AI HvV mode, I'll be as happy as a slug in a muck!  And I might finally recommend this game to some offline only friends on xbox, thought they'll need the patches.
    The hero AI would be awesome.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • I'll be as happy as a slug in a muck!
    Like rashnold on a kalak?  Like a gingleson's pelt?

  • mandalorj said:
    @LoneShooter72 I can't give you any argument more clear or concrete as to why online PVE makes no sense than my previous comment. Again, EA has brainwashed an entire generation of gamers to believe that everything must be online to the point that people believe that games are developed that way? You do realize that we already have PVE in the game, other than arcade? It's called the campaign. It would be harder for them to introduce a online PVE aspect to this game than  it would to have it offline because PVE can be played alone and again, if it's co-op it's the equivalent of a private match. We know the team is short staffed, think about how it would have to work if it were online only. Try to think like a game developer, you will have to devote resources and personnel to yet another mode separate from the most popular mode which is pvp. Now, whether or not they have the resources to do that we'll see this fall but stop and think, think. PVE online is more of a headache for the team than offline especially if co-op is a part of this mode, which I'm guessing it's not b/c they have said nothing about it being online co-op. 
    I'm not a programmer or coder by any stretch of the imagination, but I believe it has something to do with the AI in CS is coded.  It is NOT the same AI as the new improved AI in arcade mode.   The AI in CS is much more strategic, advanced, intelligent and does stuff like rolling and jumping.  I believe it's coming from a master server of some sort that streams it to the client or something like that, but who knows.  All I know is the devs have already said, multipe times, on Twitter that the AI from CS is NOT workable offline and it would take waaaay too much work to port it over, if it would even be possible at all.
  • Hi guys, as i already asked on another site id like to know if you would prefer Offline CS or Offline GA?
    And could you motivate your choice?
    Thank you!
    Instant Action - Thank you Dice!
  • Hi guys, as i already asked on another site id like to know if you would prefer Offline CS or Offline GA?
    And could you motivate your choice?
    Thank you!
    neither, give us offline conquest
  • Hi guys, as i already asked on another site id like to know if you would prefer Offline CS or Offline GA?
    And could you motivate your choice?
    Thank you!
    neither, give us offline conquest
    I think if we ever get offline cs it will only be ground phase.
    Instant Action - Thank you Dice!
  • mandalorj
    216 posts Member
    edited July 30
    mandalorj said:
    @LoneShooter72 I can't give you any argument more clear or concrete as to why online PVE makes no sense than my previous comment. Again, EA has brainwashed an entire generation of gamers to believe that everything must be online to the point that people believe that games are developed that way? You do realize that we already have PVE in the game, other than arcade? It's called the campaign. It would be harder for them to introduce a online PVE aspect to this game than  it would to have it offline because PVE can be played alone and again, if it's co-op it's the equivalent of a private match. We know the team is short staffed, think about how it would have to work if it were online only. Try to think like a game developer, you will have to devote resources and personnel to yet another mode separate from the most popular mode which is pvp. Now, whether or not they have the resources to do that we'll see this fall but stop and think, think. PVE online is more of a headache for the team than offline especially if co-op is a part of this mode, which I'm guessing it's not b/c they have said nothing about it being online co-op. 
    I'm not a programmer or coder by any stretch of the imagination, but I believe it has something to do with the AI in CS is coded.  It is NOT the same AI as the new improved AI in arcade mode.   The AI in CS is much more strategic, advanced, intelligent and does stuff like rolling and jumping.  I believe it's coming from a master server of some sort that streams it to the client or something like that, but who knows.  All I know is the devs have already said, multipe times, on Twitter that the AI from CS is NOT workable offline and it would take waaaay too much work to port it over, if it would even be possible at all.
    Regardless, what you are saying is that the new mode will be a single player/private match online mode which makes no sense for a team that is as strapped for man power as this one apparently is, it is not easier to create or maintain online as opposed to offline, regardless of what EA has been peddling in order to drain players wallets for the last decade. Proof of this is how much work and patches the offline has gotten compared to what the any online mode has gotten from release to date. My point was that it is more likely that the people hoping to play this with their friends online, are the people who will probably be disappointed because the verbiage from Ben so far in regards to this mode is that it is something different from pvp. Also, on the AI not, they started working to incorporate it into offline last summer, they put it on hold b/c of the new mode and hero's so it isn't like they would be starting from scratch.
    Post edited by mandalorj on
  • mandalorj said:
    @LoneShooter72 I can't give you any argument more clear or concrete as to why online PVE makes no sense than my previous comment. Again, EA has brainwashed an entire generation of gamers to believe that everything must be online to the point that people believe that games are developed that way? You do realize that we already have PVE in the game, other than arcade? It's called the campaign. It would be harder for them to introduce a online PVE aspect to this game than  it would to have it offline because PVE can be played alone and again, if it's co-op it's the equivalent of a private match. We know the team is short staffed, think about how it would have to work if it were online only. Try to think like a game developer, you will have to devote resources and personnel to yet another mode separate from the most popular mode which is pvp. Now, whether or not they have the resources to do that we'll see this fall but stop and think, think. PVE online is more of a headache for the team than offline especially if co-op is a part of this mode, which I'm guessing it's not b/c they have said nothing about it being online co-op. 
    I'm not a programmer or coder by any stretch of the imagination, but I believe it has something to do with the AI in CS is coded.  It is NOT the same AI as the new improved AI in arcade mode.   The AI in CS is much more strategic, advanced, intelligent and does stuff like rolling and jumping.  I believe it's coming from a master server of some sort that streams it to the client or something like that, but who knows.  All I know is the devs have already said, multipe times, on Twitter that the AI from CS is NOT workable offline and it would take waaaay too much work to port it over, if it would even be possible at all.
    I remember one of the devs (i believe it was Dennis) answering a question about this, saying it is too difficult to port over. But i can't remember if the question was aiming a port-over to offline in general or to arcade. I'm not a programmer and i don't really know, why a port-over to offline in general should be "too difficult" but in my point of view it sounds logical that a port-over specifically to arcade is a problem, since the objective is different compared to CS, where the objective is capturing Command Posts in the first hand.

    What i want to play is, that i think, it's very possible, that we'll get the CS-AI for offline in a mode, where you can capture Command Posts. With that way we would be getting the CS-AI, which is different to the Arcade-AI, because it's too difficult to upgrade that one to the CS-AI-level.
  • From Ben's tone combined with what he has said over the past year, it sounds like they totally gave up putting the CS AI in arcade mode and developed an entire new mode which has become tis New ways to play PVE mode. Either way, we'll know soon.
  • I'd be fine with arcade AI offline in a capture point mode and with CS-AI if you play the same mode while connected online
  • Hi guys, as i already asked on another site id like to know if you would prefer Offline CS or Offline GA?
    And could you motivate your choice?
    Thank you!
    neither, give us offline conquest
    I think if we ever get offline cs it will only be ground phase.
    "Capital Supremacy" (2019) or "Conquest" (2005) is fine with me, honestly they are both fun.  It seems to me though that "Conquest" (2005) would be way easier to implement.  Though the rules of "Conquest" (2005) are by far the best and it has my heart and "Galactic Conquest" (2005) as well.
    “There is always hope.”
  • mandalorj said:
    A galactic conquest remaster would make this one of the greatest Star Wars games ever made. Adding GC as the new PVE mode with all era's would be one monster endeavor. I think it will definitely be included by whomever makes the next BF if there is another one.
    I tip my hat to you sir and cheers.
    “There is always hope.”
  • mandalorj said:
    A galactic conquest remaster would make this one of the greatest Star Wars games ever made. Adding GC as the new PVE mode with all era's would be one monster endeavor. I think it will definitely be included by whomever makes the next BF if there is another one.
    with BF2 however, it is unlikely unfortunately :( not enough cross era planets there
  • Starmasui73146
    1533 posts Member
    edited August 1
    mandalorj said:
    A galactic conquest remaster would make this one of the greatest Star Wars games ever made. Adding GC as the new PVE mode with all era's would be one monster endeavor. I think it will definitely be included by whomever makes the next BF if there is another one.
    with BF2 however, it is unlikely unfortunately :( not enough cross era planets there

    Actually Star Wars Battlefront 2004 had only 9 planets and the Deathstar.  Star Wars Battlefront 2 2017 has 13 planets and Deathstar 2.


    Using the Imperial era maps:


    Naboo

    Kamino

    Jakku

    Hoth

    Tattoine

    Geonosis

    Takodana

    Yavin 4

    Endor

    Kashyyyk

    Crait

    Bespin

    Kessel

    All those planets had history in the Imperial era.

    Deathstar 2


    “There is always hope.”
  • @Starmasui17324 and approaching double the hero's as well. This game definitely has more content than the original battlefronts. It's also important to note, as I've seen people asking for more weapons for quite some time even though it hasn't been brought up here, this game has more weapons than the old battlefronts as well, as the only upgrades you got to weapons in the originals were performance based with the upgrade being permanent when you hit that particular achievement a certain number of times over the course of multiple matches, although the caveat was you could earn these upgrades online or off.    
  • MajorChief_IX
    222 posts Member
    edited August 1
    I'm back, it's August now for every country at this point so hopefully DICE can start dishing out the information that we've waited so long for. I was browsing stuff from the offline scene and came across this twitter comment that had been liked by Viktor Lundberg (The Dev responseible for Skirmish's fighter squadron):

    No photo description available

    If he liked a comment about offline content being on the way, then surely this is some sort of morale boosting evidence?

    Whilst I was away I was playing a ton of skirmish and missions in BF2015 and I gotta say, they are really fun and compliment each other so well. It breaks my heart that so many maps were lost and never added to these modes. Swamp crash site, Goazon badlands, and Sulfur fields are all vanilla maps that would've been perfect for survival, not to mention the 16 or so DLC maps that are still missing. Maybe someday...
    Instant Action is on the horizon! Thank you DICE so much for this incredible addition to the game!
  • I'm a bit worried at the moment, since the update isn't mentioned in the CC. Does anyone know something about it?
  • I'm a bit worried at the moment, since the update isn't mentioned in the CC. Does anyone know something about it?
    Dont worry! There will be our update!
    Instant Action - Thank you Dice!
  • "Though not listed here, there is an update this month."

    This is the dev response in that topic today.
    Instant Action - Thank you Dice!

  • Another comment from devs.
    We will get some news soon.
    Instant Action - Thank you Dice!
  • Jesbro
    633 posts Member
    edited August 1
    Dang Modern Warfare looks amazing and the best part is that it has a new 20 vs 20 mode that will be available in Custom Games with AI Bots.

    Possibly even a 50 vs 50 (or more) mode as well.

    I really hope that in the end the new PVE modes will be able to top that with vehicles (and AI Vehicles) and other stuff like that otherwise I will be moving over to Modern Warfare in October when it releases.
  • I'm a bit worried at the moment, since the update isn't mentioned in the CC. Does anyone know something about it?
    Yeah, Jay on Reddit confirmed that there will be an update this month, even though it isn't on the Community Calendar. And "New Ways to Play" is still on the Roadmap for August.

    Given how past updates have been handled, I would expect the update to drop August 28th.
    * * *

    Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!


    #soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • I'm a bit worried at the moment, since the update isn't mentioned in the CC. Does anyone know something about it?
    Yeah, Jay on Reddit confirmed that there will be an update this month, even though it isn't on the Community Calendar. And "New Ways to Play" is still on the Roadmap for August.

    Given how past updates have been handled, I would expect the update to drop August 28th.
    * * *

    Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!


    #soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Ugh, first it tells me to wait until my post is "approved", then it uploads a double-post. Fix your forums, EA!
    * * *

    Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!


    #soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • No nothing nor news of the update until Gamescom (the end of the month), basically we have to wait to September..... another month with nothing wonderful...
  • No, nothing, no news **
  • No nothing nor news of the update until Gamescom (the end of the month), basically we have to wait to September..... another month with nothing wonderful...
    Uh, the update is coming this month... Jay confirmed that on Reddit.
    * * *

    Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!


    #soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Ben walke said in twitter that  the news of the update would be announced at Gamescom (20- 24)  so the update would be 26-28 of this month.... 2 days before september ..... and no news or information of what the update or the new PvE is until the last week of the month........
  • Jesbro
    633 posts Member
    Even though it is near the end of the month at least we now more or less have confirmed dates for when we will finally know what the PVE (still hopefully Large Scale Offline) modes are going to be and what we can expect while playing them.
  • Eh the wait for the update news is kind of blah but I was browsing reddit & one post I read said (not the devs just regular reddit users) that the reveal at gamescon makes sense. Since they showed nothing at EA play & that it would make sense that a big update would be announced in front of thousands of people.

    I kind of agree with the reddit people you generally make a big announcement at a big event. So hoping whatever is planned for the rest of the year actually deserves a huge announcement. The PVE mode pretty much at this point has to be what everyone wants if not to tell you the truth I will be shocked and wondering why they would save it for a huge event. 

    So hoping the PVE mode lives up to the high expectations especially if it will be announced in front of thousands of people. 
  • Bull crap. It does not make since! We've been waiting since before release of the darn game. It just shows how disrespectful they are. If anything we should of got news today. By they saying games com that means it's tied to the internet or it's nothing we was asking for and its crap. They are playing the disrespectful game with us. Can't wait any longer for news of news. Screw it. At least Ubi said online only and activation is giving us 20v20 offline from the jump. Ghost recon breakpoint and modern warfare here I come. They just throw away my money for crystals i had saved up $200 bucks just for crystals to buy skins. Now I'll spend it all on breakpoint and modern warfare. 


    Maybe I'll re-install in a year or two to see if they did the right thing. 

    It's been not fun, but you guys and gals may the force be with you. 
  • Ben walke said in twitter that  the news of the update would be announced at Gamescom (20- 24)  so the update would be 26-28 of this month.... 2 days before september ..... and no news or information of what the update or the new PvE is until the last week of the month........
    Game updates always come out at the end of the month; the last Wednesday of almost every month, for the past 2 years. What's your concern? If the update with the new game modes drops on the 28th, then it would be arriving right on schedule.
    * * *

    Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!


    #soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Ben walke said in twitter that  the news of the update would be announced at Gamescom (20- 24)  so the update would be 26-28 of this month.... 2 days before september ..... and no news or information of what the update or the new PvE is until the last week of the month........
    Possibly released on August 26-28th okay got it.

    Jesbro said:
    Even though it is near the end of the month at least we now more or less have confirmed dates for when we will finally know what the PVE (still hopefully Large Scale Offline) modes are going to be and what we can expect while playing them.
    Yep sometime between August 20th-24th we will finally know.

    Eh the wait for the update news is kind of blah but I was browsing reddit & one post I read said (not the devs just regular reddit users) that the reveal at gamescon makes sense. Since they showed nothing at EA play & that it would make sense that a big update would be announced in front of thousands of people.

    I kind of agree with the reddit people you generally make a big announcement at a big event. So hoping whatever is planned for the rest of the year actually deserves a huge announcement. The PVE mode pretty much at this point has to be what everyone wants if not to tell you the truth I will be shocked and wondering why they would save it for a huge event. 

    So hoping the PVE mode lives up to the high expectations especially if it will be announced in front of thousands of people. 
    All good points.
    “There is always hope.”
  • Ben walke said in twitter that  the news of the update would be announced at Gamescom (20- 24)  so the update would be 26-28 of this month.... 2 days before september ..... and no news or information of what the update or the new PvE is until the last week of the month........
    Possibly released on August 26-28th okay got it.

    Jesbro said:
    Even though it is near the end of the month at least we now more or less have confirmed dates for when we will finally know what the PVE (still hopefully Large Scale Offline) modes are going to be and what we can expect while playing them.
    Yep sometime between August 20th-24th we will finally know.

    Eh the wait for the update news is kind of blah but I was browsing reddit & one post I read said (not the devs just regular reddit users) that the reveal at gamescon makes sense. Since they showed nothing at EA play & that it would make sense that a big update would be announced in front of thousands of people.

    I kind of agree with the reddit people you generally make a big announcement at a big event. So hoping whatever is planned for the rest of the year actually deserves a huge announcement. The PVE mode pretty much at this point has to be what everyone wants if not to tell you the truth I will be shocked and wondering why they would save it for a huge event. 

    So hoping the PVE mode lives up to the high expectations especially if it will be announced in front of thousands of people. 
    All good points.
    “There is always hope.”
  • Is the August update CT coming "soon" as in this week or the next, or is that just @T0TALfps way of saying "gamescom"?
    Instant Action is on the horizon! Thank you DICE so much for this incredible addition to the game!
  • Is the August update CT coming "soon" as in this week or the next, or is that just @T0TALfps way of saying "gamescom"?
    I think Dice will be talking about the future of BF2 and future content like maps, heroes/villains, weapons ecc.
    The August CT will come in the next few days. Its only about the new Pve mode in the end.
    Instant Action - Thank you Dice!
Sign In or Register to comment.