criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Instant Action & PvE Feedback

Replies

• Jesbro said:
    "Dang Modern Warfare looks amazing and the best part is that it has a new 20 vs 20 mode that will be available in Custom Games with AI Bots."

Do you know this??? Did a living breathing human being from Activision or Infinity Ward say exactly that? Could you please provide me a link?

Not being mean or anything, but there is a huge difference between word-of-mouth confirmation and assumption based on the fact that the last several CoDs have had custom bots.

Remember Blackout wasn't playable with bots in Black Ops 4. Unless someone can provide me a link or an image, I have no reason to believe the 20v20 or the 50v50 mode will be playable offline.

Maybe I'm just dumb and can't find this confirmation anywhere (which is also a possibility :P)

• Also apparently I didn't quote correctly!

I'm a *****!!!

Sorry Jesbro! Can't delete post! lol
  • This is why I mostly just read forums.

Never post at 8:30 in the morning before coffee.

***retreats to shadow***
  • mandalorj said:
    A galactic conquest remaster would make this one of the greatest Star Wars games ever made. Adding GC as the new PVE mode with all era's would be one monster endeavor. I think it will definitely be included by whomever makes the next BF if there is another one.
    with BF2 however, it is unlikely unfortunately :( not enough cross era planets there

Actually Star Wars Battlefront 2004 had only 9 planets and the Deathstar.  Star Wars Battlefront 2 2017 has 13 planets and Deathstar 2.

Using the Imperial era maps:

Naboo

Kamino

Jakku

Hoth

Tattoine

Geonosis

Takodana

Yavin 4

Endor

Kashyyyk

Crait

Bespin

Kessel

All those planets had history in the Imperial era.

Deathstar 2

I have never said that there is not enough content. Thing is: They do not allow for clones to play on mos eisley / tatooine for example. For Galactic Conquest (the mode, where you would build fleets and conquer the galaxy), you have to have enough planets to conquer. Since they do not allow clones to be on tattoine or on yavin 4, I do not see how this would work nicely, since there would only be 5 true clone wars planets from DICE's perspective. And conquering the galaxy consisting of 5 planets.... I do not know, not much wow, this would cause more critisism... 

I agree, I would love to see Galactic Conquest return, but they would have to open up current planets for other era, that are currently not playable
  • Eh the wait for the update news is kind of blah but I was browsing reddit & one post I read said (not the devs just regular reddit users) that the reveal at gamescon makes sense. Since they showed nothing at EA play & that it would make sense that a big update would be announced in front of thousands of people.

I kind of agree with the reddit people you generally make a big announcement at a big event. So hoping whatever is planned for the rest of the year actually deserves a huge announcement. The PVE mode pretty much at this point has to be what everyone wants if not to tell you the truth I will be shocked and wondering why they would save it for a huge event. 

So hoping the PVE mode lives up to the high expectations especially if it will be announced in front of thousands of people. 
    I agree with this as well.  If they are saving the PVE for Gamescom, they are probably hoping it revitalizes the game.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • mandalorj said:
    A galactic conquest remaster would make this one of the greatest Star Wars games ever made. Adding GC as the new PVE mode with all era's would be one monster endeavor. I think it will definitely be included by whomever makes the next BF if there is another one.
    with BF2 however, it is unlikely unfortunately :( not enough cross era planets there

Actually Star Wars Battlefront 2004 had only 9 planets and the Deathstar.  Star Wars Battlefront 2 2017 has 13 planets and Deathstar 2.

Naboo

Kamino

Jakku

Hoth

Tattoine

Geonosis

Takodana

Yavin 4

Endor

Kashyyyk

Crait

Bespin

Kessel

Deathstar 2

I have never said that there is not enough content. Thing is: They do not allow for clones to play on mos eisley / tatooine for example. For Galactic Conquest (the mode, where you would build fleets and conquer the galaxy), you have to have enough planets to conquer. Since they do not allow clones to be on tattoine or on yavin 4, I do not see how this would work nicely, since there would only be 5 true clone wars planets from DICE's perspective. And conquering the galaxy consisting of 5 planets.... I do not know, not much wow, this would cause more critisism... 

I agree, I would love to see Galactic Conquest return, but they would have to open up current planets for other era, that are currently not playable.

This is what you said:

mandalorj said:
    with BF2 however, it is unlikely unfortunately :( not enough cross era planets there.

“There is always hope.”
  • @jo_achim747: So your issue isn't that there isn't enough planets but rather that Clones and CIS can't play on all maps.  Got it.  Thanks. 🤗👍🏼
    “There is always hope.”
  • mandalorj said:

Naboo

Kamino

Jakku

Hoth

Tattoine

Geonosis

Takodana

Yavin 4

Endor

Kashyyyk

Crait

Bespin

Kessel

Deathstar 2

I agree, I would love to see Galactic Conquest return, but they would have to open up current planets for other era, that are currently not playable
    Actually, i think this isn't that much of a problem. Since there is a bug, where your teammates in the tutorial spawn in as Imperial stormtroopers, we know it's very well possible.
    Change the Base troopers and the vehicles and voilà: Galactic Conquest on lots of maps. Of course they would need to overhaul some parts of the maps, because a wrack of an LAAT on Naboo, while playing the First Order would be a bit weird.
    The only non-cross-era maps should be DS2 and SKB. Jakku shouldn't be available for GQ in the CW and perhaps Kamino shouldn't be available for ST Galactic Conquest.
    Cross-era Starfighter-Assault would be much more of a problem, since there are elements, like the Lucrehulk on Ryloth or the Imperial Star Destroyer, that can't be replaced easily.
  • We have to wait only a couple of weeks, then we will receive our community transmission about the new PVE mode. 
    We are close guys.
    And remember, August is only the first wave of PVE content, there will be more coming in fall. 
    I think the next few months are going to be amazing for us. 
    Probably the first PVE mode will be Supremacy Ground phase with command posts and AI reinforcements.
    Then they will give us some new modes and AI heroes in fall.

If true, then, great, if not, meh....
    creator of the All-In-One Modular @ Nexusmods
    "for a less annoying immersive experience, dl it today!"
  • MajorChief_IX
    231 posts Member
    edited August 3
    It looks like we'll have to wait until gamescom for the August update news after all... Why do they always leave these things until the week before the update? I just want to know if I will actually be allowed to play the content I paid for or not.
    Instant Action is on the horizon! Thank you DICE so much for this incredible addition to the game!
  • It looks like we'll have to wait until gamescom for the August update news after all... Why do they always leave these things until the week before the update? I just want to know if I will actually be allowed to play the content I paid for or not.
    Who said this?
    Gamescom will be the chance for the team to talk about future projects of the game.
    Ben said they are working on the next CT so i guess its almost done and we dont have to wait till gamescom.
    Instant Action - Thank you Dice!
  • It looks like we'll have to wait until gamescom for the August update news after all... Why do they always leave these things until the week before the update? I just want to know if I will actually be allowed to play the content I paid for or not.
    Who said this?
    Gamescom will be the chance for the team to talk about future projects of the game.
    Ben said they are working on the next CT so i guess its almost done and we dont have to wait till gamescom.
    That's what I thought until I stumbled across this tweet of his:

https://twitter.com/BenWalke/status/1157311222137720834

So much waiting...
    Instant Action is on the horizon! Thank you DICE so much for this incredible addition to the game!
    Who said this?

So much waiting...
    Mmm didnt expect that.
    Anyway we have waited for 2 years, id say its ok to wait 20 more days now 😂
    Who said this?

So much waiting...
    Mmm didnt expect that.
    Anyway we have waited for 2 years, id say its ok to wait 20 more days now 😂
    I guess so. I may as well go into exile again. See you all on the 20th, I'll be playing Spider-Man and Skirmish in the mean time.
  • mandalorj said:

Naboo

Kamino

Jakku

Hoth

Tattoine

Geonosis

Takodana

Yavin 4

Endor

Kashyyyk

Crait

Bespin

Kessel

Deathstar 2

Actually, i think this isn't that much of a problem. Since there is a bug, where your teammates in the tutorial spawn in as Imperial stormtroopers, we know it's very well possible.
    Change the Base troopers and the vehicles and voilà: Galactic Conquest on lots of maps. Of course they would need to overhaul some parts of the maps, because a wrack of an LAAT on Naboo, while playing the First Order would be a bit weird.
    The only non-cross-era maps should be DS2 and SKB. Jakku shouldn't be available for GQ in the CW and perhaps Kamino shouldn't be available for ST Galactic Conquest.
    Cross-era Starfighter-Assault would be much more of a problem, since there are elements, like the Lucrehulk on Ryloth or the Imperial Star Destroyer, that can't be replaced easily.
    Yeah, it would be way to time consuming and intensive for this team to tackle. It's not something I see happening for this game, if there's ever another bf, definitely , but this game just isn't designed for Galactic conquest.
  • Starmasui73146
    1568 posts Member
    edited August 14
    This looks bad people. We are fighting for the viable attention of the devs.  Surveys do NOT seem to be going in our favor, I am getting worried.  We seem to be in an all out war with those who want Online only content.  The top things picked in the survey were:

#1 Large Scale Maps (Online)

#2 Heroes (Online and Offline)

#3 Quality of Life Changes, for making the game better: bug fixes and ease of play - (mostly Online)

#4 Reinforcements (Online and Offline)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QDp18iDfSLI&t=60s

Aaaaaaand that's not the worst of it.  We are also vying against those who want more "Extraction" maps and "Starfighter Assault" maps, their yell for attention grows louder all the time. 

The Starfighter Assault Thread:

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/96843/starfighter-assault-thread#latest

The Extraction Thread:

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/120019/give-us-more-extraction-maps-please#latest

We did NOT rally hard enough.  

I hope this does not mean they will abandon PvE.

Here's the survey for June 2019:
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/140699/community-survey-june-2019

Here's the survey for July 2019:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WAL0719CTWH3N

Well I figure if there getting attention over there I'll sneak some advice for any new "Extraction" maps or "Star Fighter Assault" maps to be brought to "Arcade: Team Battle" Offline as well.
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • Like I've been saying, it's the cycle where offline is not a priority

Barebones Offline   --------> no one wants to play offline  --------> DICE reads the offline metrics and concludes offline is not popular  ----------------->  Due to lack of popularity, people have moved on to other games or stayed online --------> offline is not a priority and stays barebones

Now I know we are getting a PVE mode(s), but the question is how involved will it be?
  • Starmasui73146
    1568 posts Member
    edited August 4
    Like I've been saying, it's the cycle where offline is not a priority

Barebones Offline   --------> no one wants to play offline  --------> DICE reads the offline metrics and concludes offline is not popular  ----------------->  Due to lack of popularity, people have moved on to other games or stayed online --------> offline is not a priority and stays barebones

Now I know we are getting a PVE mode(s), but the question is how involved will it be?
    Exactly that's what terrifies me, I am afraid they will comprise the depth of quality and give us bare bones.  So many seem to not see the future, one day X-Box One will no longer be supported and when that day comes all these SWBF2 Onliner fans will regret they didn't push for better Offline things.  It makes me want to pull my hair out.

Now I want heroes and villains like: IG-88, Mace Windu, (jetpack) Maz Kanata, (jetpack) Sabine Wren, (jetpack) Jango Fett but that's because I want to play as them in my Offline sandbox.  We need a good PvE mode to do that, one that has fun objectives.
    “There is always hope.”
  • The problem is the whole "connected 24/7" culture.  Games today are seen as disposable until the next big thing comes along.  I still enjoy being able to play older games.   I like having the game to play when I want and how I want.  I may not play each and every game I have, but I like to have the offline option.  
    The majority of  SWBF2 online fans will have moved on to the next popular franchise if they have not already done so.  Look at how many used SWBF2 copies there are at EBgames.  Some casual gamers have the attention span of a gnat and don't care about playing an "older" game.  These are the type of audiences that a lot of these game companies pander to.  

There has been a huge cultural shift over the last 20 years where gaming has moved from focus on offline to online on consoles.  Streaming will take over soon.  Many 5-20 year olds seriously will not touch any single player if online is involved.  They go straight to online.  EA knows this.  The 30 plus year olds that grew up with offline usually play less games as they get older and one has to wonder how many of these gamers there are left.  With Fortnite, Destiny and these types of  games being the go to games for the majority of the youth, SP games seem antiquated.

Again, I may be making generalizations.  I've played on console since Atari, but there has been a huge shift and EA wants to be at the forefront.  If it was not for the passionate SW fanbase, it's not likely we would get any PVE mode in the plans or SW Jedi Fallen Order.
  • We're so close I can almost taste it.  This is going to be great!
  • This looks bad people. We are fighting for the viable attention of the devs.  Surveys do NOT seem to be going in our favor, I am getting worried.  We seem to be in an all out war with those who want Online only content.  The top things picked in the survey were:

#3 Quality of Life Changes, for making the game better: bug fixes and ease of play - (mostly Online)

Why on Earth are Heroes the second most requested item? They essentially add nothing to the game unless you happen to be the ONE person playing as them. Dooku/Anakin/Obi-Wan/Grievous were all necessary additions because of their importance to the saga. But except for Poe Dameron and his rival (Hux? Knight of Ren from IX?) there are no other characters who are important enough to be added.

The community continues to baffle me. I'm not sure if the war is between Online vs Offline or it is in fact a war between SW fans vs Gaming fans. Star Wars fans seem to only care about maps judging by most threads on here, and these prevalent "gamers" only seem to care about the next thing they can use to kill enemies with. Offline fans fall right in the middle because we care about Star Wars and want the game to have family/friends play as well as longevity but we also care about the gameplay side of things because we've been denied most of the game's content for so long.

I still can't fathom what would make someone rate Heroes higher than Hero vs Villains maps. What is the point of more heroes if there aren't more maps to use them on? A few maps from BF2015 would be fine...

I'm going to keep my faith in DICE at the moment. 16 days until Gamescom so lets hope we get more offline content than DICE has ever made before!
  • June e July surveys results didnt affect the new mode that we are getting.
    Its right to say that offline is not a priority as online but dont forget the reason why they release the pve mode: there was a time where new offline content requests were so hard that they were almost forced to make new content for arcade.
    Dont forget people started to ask about new arcade content every day and they almost ignored the questions to not say "nothing new or nothing to share right now".
    So they made the Arcade Feedback topic and it was incredible. So many answers and requests that they probably didnt expect.
    This new PVE modes were programmed months ago, we can only hope it will be what we want: large maps, ai reinforcements, veichles and ai heroes.

• This looks bad people. We are fighting for the viable attention of the devs.  Surveys do NOT seem to be going in our favor, I am getting worried.  We seem to be in an all out war with those who want Online only content.  The top things picked in the survey were:

Why on Earth are Heroes the second most requested item? They essentially add nothing to the game unless you happen to be the ONE person playing as them. Dooku/Anakin/Obi-Wan/Grievous were all necessary additions because of their importance to the saga. But except for Poe Dameron and his rival (Hux? Knight of Ren from IX?) there are no other characters who are important enough to be added.

The community continues to baffle me. I'm not sure if the war is between Online vs Offline or it is in fact a war between SW fans vs Gaming fans. Star Wars fans seem to only care about maps judging by most threads on here, and these prevalent "gamers" only seem to care about the next thing they can use to kill enemies with. Offline fans fall right in the middle because we care about Star Wars and want the game to have family/friends play as well as longevity but we also care about the gameplay side of things because we've been denied most of the game's content for so long.

I still can't fathom what would make someone rate Heroes higher than Hero vs Villains maps. What is the point of more heroes if there aren't more maps to use them on? A few maps from BF2015 would be fine...

I'm going to keep my faith in DICE at the moment. 16 days until Gamescom so lets hope we get more offline content than DICE has ever made before!
    Absolutely agree.
    Only reason im exited for new heroes is the chance to play them offline.
    What id want more is new maps and reinforcements, especially Clone Commando.
  • Absolutely agree.
    Only reason im exited for new heroes is the chance to play them offline.
    What id want more is new maps and reinforcements, especially Clone Commando.
    Running around as a Clone Commando on Large-Scale offline Geonosis would be incredible!
  • June e July surveys results didnt affect the new mode that we are getting.
    Its right to say that offline is not a priority as online but dont forget the reason why they release the pve mode: there was a time where new offline content requests were so hard that they were almost forced to make new content for arcade.
    Dont forget people started to ask about new arcade content every day and they almost ignored the questions to not say "nothing new or nothing to share right now".
    So they made the Arcade Feedback topic and it was incredible. So many answers and requests that they probably didnt expect.
    This new PVE modes were programmed months ago, we can only hope it will be what we want: large maps, ai reinforcements, veichles and ai heroes.

Yes I do recall them saying that 1/2 of the maps for PvE A.I. were already programed and ready to go when they set the project aside.  Hopefully they have kicked all that back into gear.  Here's hoping it will be worth all the looooooooooooong wait.🤝👍🏼
    “There is always hope.”
  • Hi, I'm glad to find this discussion, I can see many good discussions here.

Finally i purchased Xbox one and battlefront 2 recently after waiting 2 years because of my finance.
    I used to play old battlefront 2 all the time and i was very excited this time but after playing a little bit, I felt I want bigger map, more freedom in the mode choice, and more contents for offline, not only for online.
    And I didn't read all 107 pages of discussions but is this basically what you are talking here? I agree about what you're discussing here.

Did you already request developer to add these improvements you're discussing here or do I have any way to put my voice on through such as feedback page or survey page?
    Thank you for your time and have a nice day.

Finally i purchased Xbox one and battlefront 2 recently after waiting 2 years because of my finance.
    I used to play old battlefront 2 all the time and i was very excited this time but after playing a little bit, I felt I want bigger map, more freedom in the mode choice, and more contents for offline, not only for online.
    And I didn't read all 107 pages of discussions but is this basically what you are talking here? I agree about what you're discussing here.

Did you already request developer to add these improvements you're discussing here or do I have any way to put my voice on through such as feedback page or survey page?
    This discussion is dedicated to the desire for offline content, while the developers never seem to acknowledge this topic, we always request it whenever they post elsewhere. There might be some offline content announced on the 20th-25th but we aren't sure if they're gonna trick us with online-only AI modes.

This discussion is dedicated to the desire for offline content, while the developers never seem to acknowledge this topic, we always request it whenever they post elsewhere. There might be some offline content announced on the 20th-25th but we aren't sure if they're gonna trick us with online-only AI modes.
    Thank you for your explanation! Then it seems I'm in the right place :)
    Maybe it's improving if we compare with Battlefront (2015),  but unfortunately it seems there is still long way to see what we really want. I was hoping more improvements from previous one for offline contents. I'll wait for announcements as well and let's see what they're going to bring, Thank you again!
  • I confess I have a lot of expectations for PvE mode ... I would very much appreciate if someone like Some_Info or even Uninspired_Zebra could leak information about the mode ... would you like it to be GA, CS or some totally new mode?  Which, after this month, do you think we'll see for PvE?
  • I confess I have a lot of expectations for PvE mode ... I would very much appreciate if someone like Some_Info or even Uninspired_Zebra could leak information about the mode ... would you like it to be GA, CS or some totally new mode?  Which, after this month, do you think we'll see for PvE?
    CS only ground phase for me. 
    They already have AI programmed for that mode and lots of youtubers said that when they tried the cs mode before release it was full of AI even though they didnt notice it.
    CS only ground phase for me. 
    They already have AI programmed for that mode and lots of youtubers said that when they tried the cs mode before release it was full of AI even though they didnt notice it.
    Well we are about 3 weeks away from seeing what, if anything, they have taken from feedback and suggestions as to how PVE could work, from what little Ben has said, it sounds like the "New ways to play" will be its own thing, not like the other modes but specially designed with PVE in mind. Ben also said that August would be the start so I'm guessing they will be spacing the maps/content out each month this fall.
  • As long as we get Conquest AND a linear mode, I'll be pleased. My favourite map Kashyyyk is sliced up for CS and I would love to explore all of it offline. Same goes for Crait, Endor and many others that wouldn't work for Conquest.

superultraanaobi said:
    Thank you for your explanation! Then it seems I'm in the right place :)
    Maybe it's improving if we compare with Battlefront (2015),  but unfortunately it seems there is still long way to see what we really want. I was hoping more improvements from previous one for offline contents. I'll wait for announcements as well and let's see what they're going to bring, Thank you again!

You're welcome! Really hoping for some great offline content this month!

• You're welcome! Really hoping for some great offline content this month!
    Yes I really hope that too!
  • We're so close... Our hopes May be rewarded ! 

I'm sooo excited ! And i just can't hide it ! 😅 

• Jesbro
    633 posts Member
    edited August 6
    The fact that they are announcing it at Gamescon which is the European version of E3 gives me pretty high hopes for what is coming.

I have a feeling they would not be revealing the PVE modes there if they were small things.

Even if the modes can be played online coop it is not bad as long as they can be played offline as well. That will be the thing determining if it is what we have been asking for or not.

We shall see at the end of the month and hopefully they are the Large Scale (Playable Offline) Modes we have been waiting for !!!
    Post edited by Jesbro on
  • Jesbro said:
    The fact that they are announcing it at Gamescon which is the European version of E3 gives me pretty high hopes for what is coming.

I have a feeling they would not be revealing the PVE modes there if they were small things.

Even if the modes can be played online coop it is not bad as long as they can be played offline as well. That will be the thing determining if it what we have been asking for or not.

We shall see at the end of the month and hopefully they are the Large Scale (Playable Offline) Modes we have been waiting for !!!
    That would be super cool if whatever they announce could be played co-op both offline or across the net with a friend.
  • On the net people are screaming for this month of Augusts PvE mode

Spans 360

We need the large scale Off Line game mode.

Drew Dillion

Agreed.

Glitch0005

Hopefully that's the PVE modes.

The Reaper

Pleaaaaseeeee its the only thing that'll get me back into it. I don't have a lot of time so I just prefer to play PvE but the one mode they offer and only on small sized maps gets old very quickly.

InvictusAssassin 46

YES!!!!

lev nikitin

You‘re right

PICK JCGS4313

@Glitch0005: Agreed it's got to happen. Where's PvE?

OWEN C93

Agreed

Drew Dillion

I know, what I do is doing and make my own objectives, but that’s gets boring after a while. I’m playing the old battlefront 2 mainly right because it’s fun. A lot of it is making my own settings in the game. Do you hear that DICE?

Savage Spartan

When will offline content come

rankoor letx

Where is the PVE MODE they said will drop in August?!!! :(

Deadly Satanzxx

True

Bmackcornbread

That's all I care about for now.

lev nikitin

True

Darth Maul

I knew it...they are big liar's, hahah. I  #$%#+$# knew it. I saw the August plan no "Arcade".

Alex Day

@Darth Maul: That’s the Community Event Calendar, not the Roadmap.

Supersonicspyro 24

@Darth Maul: You do know they're going to announce the content coming in the August update right? The calendar just doesn't tell us what the update contains, we're getting a CT for that.

Drew Dillion

The offline mode was the only reason why I watched this video, and this made me worried if it’s even coming at all. I know that’s it’s probably going to come, but I still have a bad feeling about this.

Seann Daniel

Who cares about new weapons I'd rather have new maps and "Skirmish" mode and new classes to play as.

Jalen Gardner

Still waiting on the Large Offline Game Mode.

rankoor letx

Wheres is the PVE mode ???!!!

Drake` Turcotte

@rankoor letx: The content always comes out at the end of the month. Calm down.

Lady Aranea

If they dont release the Offline content this month I'm done with battlefront 2 and moving on to Gears 5. This is your last chance.

Tyson Hatch

Darn, I was hoping for some more juicy news on the new PVE modes. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait a bit longer to clench my thirst for more PVE!

Patriotic Justice

I wish there were large scaled maps for "Arcade" mode. 

I'd also love to have Coruscant/Jedi Temple, Mustafar/Vader's Fortress, Mimban, the Supremacy and Mygeeto for new maps. Range Troopers, Tank Troopers, Patrol Troopers, Mud Troopers, Mimban Troopers and the Sith Troopers would also be nice.

Emmanuel A

Does anyone know if a traditional conquest mode is coming?

The gaming kingdom 284

I play Offline since I don't have Xbox LIVE gold so as long as they add the Offline modes as promised I'm happy.

Drew Dillion

I have gold, but if the Offline mode is fun, I won’t play multiplayer anymore. If they don’t add it and all the rumors where just fake, I’ll stop playing this game.

Mr Caesar

@Drew Dillion: Offline is good imo ik it's a multiplayer game BUT it's fun to play Offline when you don't want to be competitive.  Come onnnnn offline GA.

Omar RamirezMr Caesar. Same for Offline SA.

Mr Caesar

@Omar Ramirez 100% and also Offline CS too 😁

Josh May

An Offline large scale fun and immersive PVE mode is the only thing I want! Seriously the original "Battlefront 2" had no customizable weapons or skins and yet everyone loves that game because the core gameplay ("Galactic Conquest") was amazing, immersive, and most importantly fun!

Spans 360

I want bigger maps in "Arcade".

InvictusAssassin 46

Where are the Offline modes??!?!?!?!

Xer the T'vaoan

We need new offline modes...

SeriousnessTV

Offline content where you at!?

Aj Lester

I want a big Offline game mode.

SYLO: Star Wars

We're supposedly going to be getting that this month.

Colin V

I hope so because I don’t wont to buy PS Plus to play Online.

LionN00b

Where the $#&$ is the PVE mode news?!  Please don't say they cancelled it because of this survey?  :(

TheBeastly CHAMP

Oh I have a bad feeling about this.

KlipsFilms Melbourne

What? This is outrageous!

socom54321

Someone should seriously sue Dice for false advertisements

It’s not cancelled, don’t worry. News on PVE will be very soon.

LionN00b

@SYLO Star Wars: Ok few, I was worried for a second as it didn’t show up on the priorities list.

Leonidas Sparta

I want them to add tanks and stuff in "Arcade".  I dont have Play Station plus so I cant play Online, all I have is "Arcade", and after a bit it falls off.

adam delbene

Offline mode!!!!!!!!!!!

Split Screen Gaming League - SSGL's Games and Vlogs

August is the Month of the Arcade, and nothing else. 😎

Franchise Fanatic

Offline modes.

KaliBoyinPDX

No Offline "Arcade" modes?

Garrett Wojo

I’ve given up on this now.

Stoinky Doinky

It should be no surprise to get more bad news about this game at this point.

Ghetto Z God

So no PvE Offline content?

Coming this month, should be a CT released about it next week I'm guessing.

Ghetto Z God

@SYLO Star Wars: Alright thanks again as always Sylo.

Luke priefer

We never got the survey.

Umm Eww

Where the #$#$ are these surveys? I've never seen them.

Luke Manock

I think I have an answer to your poll problem but I’m not 100% so take this with a grain of salt. I’m in a battlefront 2 club and before my club started expanding we got to hear about some of the new things coming to the game as well as those polls. Now this is just a small community so bens comment in ingame polls would be half true half false but still polls none the less.

Jay Dowg

I smell *****. Sounds like they made it up to insure they do the least amount of content with the least amount of effort. Also PvE mode is not coming again?

@Jay Dawg: PVE is coming, I never said it wasn’t.

Cesar Espinoza

Is it me or does LIVE service suck?

Grunt Grunt

Where is the promised Offline mode.

Antonio Lee

@Grunt Grunt: It's coming out this mouth. It's not on the calendar because it's coming in the next Community Transmission.

PanemundeJuo

The things I want to see most are:

1. Totally customizable PvE large scale game mode (like the OG BF2)

2. New reinforcements and heroes

3. Added cosmetics for all factions. (the only faction with meaningful customization is the Galactic Republic).

Tahir

I wanted more Offline content.

Rednasho

It is supposed to come but they haven't officially released the date yet no worries.

Tahir

@Rednasho: Yessssss! I'm so happy, I don't have PS Plus, I just play "Arcade". Thanks for the info.

@Tahir: And you’re getting just that this month. Happy days.

Rednasho

I play on PC but sometimes I just want to play as a hero and dominate everyone to get that movie feeling ya know.

Rogue

I thought this month was all about PVE?

@Rogue: It is...

Carlos Torres Moreno

What about PvE mode? Will it happen in this month or will it happen in September?

@Carlos Torres Moreno: This month.

Carlos Torres Moreno

@SYLO Star Wars: Thanks, keep up the good work your videos are great.

“There is always hope.”
  • Look @EA & @DICE i'm really okay with it that you scrapped one of my most Favorite Modes from the Classic Battlefront 2, Galactic Conquest. It was one of the most engaging and fun to play mode, even more on Console with a Friend or Family Member, but i understand if the Ressources doesn't worth it. Also i understand that not every (Skirmisch) Mode will be available for Offline either for the same or atleast similiar Reason(though i've to point out, it would make it definitely Arcade Perfect) but atleast give us the Main-Gamemode which made not only the classic Battlefront's Popular, but also your own Gameseries (Battlefield). I saw you introduced finally with (is the mode called like that in English?) Galactic Supremancy this mode, but to my dissapointment i see we didn't recieve the mode for Arcade Offline-Play and that's rather sad. Team-Deathmatch and such are surely fun for short Rounds, but i want to enjoy this BIg Mode as well, due it's my Favorite Mode for Ego-Shooters which offers Mapsizes this big, and it kinda bothers me that there is such an lack of supports towards a portion of your Community, but also one of the Loyal ones which supported this Game-Series over the past Years. I'd even go as far, and argue that if you introduce such modes, it would also encourage People like me to play "more" Online-Multiplayer, because than i get the feeling / option if i have a frustating Round Online, i can enjoy the same mode offline agains Bots. So please (re-)consider this whole situation, and give a bit more love towards your Solo / Offline / vs Bot Crowd more love and sugar to play with.
  • I just found some words by Ben on another thread:

"we are dedicating more time within the team to bug fixing, and addressing specific content requests - I'm cautiously optimistic that at the end of August everyone will at least have something they can look forward to."

If everyone will have something to look forward to at August, it only makes me more excited!!!!!!!

Starmasui73146 Thanks for sharing those! It's great to see that the offline community will stay loud and proud at this thrilling part of our history!
  • @Starmasui73146 Thanks for sharing. This is incredible to see, no matter what anyone can say we are loud and proud offline players!! Together we are united and in no time at all will be playing on every huge map in the game in their fullest without a single bar of internet required!!!
  • Jesbro
    633 posts Member
    edited August 6
    Last night I had a dream that EA and DICE invited me to Gamescon at the end of this month for the sole purpose of covering the PVE modes reveal for Battlefront 2 and playing them first there to make sure they were what we have been asking for.

In the dream they actually were.

ALL of the Maps that are in Galactic Assault for ALL 3 eras (Endor, Death Star, Geonosis, Jakku, Crait, etc) at their full sizes with everything they have to offer. Including Felucia for the event.

The Large Scale modes were ALL playable offline as well for both the Large Scale Ground modes and the Space modes (one of which was Space Assault playable offline with full AI Bots and all of the objectives).

And they even had full AI for ALL of the Vehicles, Starfighters, reinforcements, and even Hero AI.

Yes I understand I won't be invited on an all paid trip to Gamescon for this but please at least let the part about the PVE modes be true in the end !!!
  • Jesbro said:
    Last night I had a dream that EA and DICE invited me to Gamescon at the end of this month for the sole purpose of covering the PVE modes reveal for Battlefront 2 and playing them first there to make sure they were what we have been asking for.

In the dream they actually were.

ALL of the Maps that are in Galactic Assault for ALL 3 eras (Endor, Death Star, Geonosis, Jakku, Crait, etc) at their full sizes with everything they have to offer. Including Felucia for the event.

The Large Scale modes were ALL playable offline as well for both the Large Scale Ground modes and the Space modes (one of which was Space Assault playable offline with full AI Bots and all of the objectives).

And they even had full AI for ALL of the Vehicles, Starfighters, reinforcements, and even Hero AI.

Yes I understand I won't be invited on an all paid trip to Gamescon for this but please at least let the part about the PVE modes be true in the end !!!
    That would be awesome.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Some questions for all of you.
    When the August Update comes.

1. What do you (truly) want?

2. What do you expect? Like bare minimum. What do you think they are actually bringing us?

3. What would ***** you off?! 

For me...

1. I'm good with anything. I'm easy to please.

2. Honestly I don't know, but I'm 100% sure (just my feeling) there will be no hero AI and the bot count won't go past 20v20. Also, Conquest on all large maps is FOR SURE not coming! Think about it for just one second. Just a second. If the developers put command posts in the other 9 maps (for Conquest) there is NO WAY it would be just for singleplayer. It would be for multiplayer first (as always) because singleplayer would need the extra time to program the bots. So what would they do in the meantime with 9 conquest maps while they are working on programing bots? They. Would. Relies. Them. In. Multiplayer. First. So yeah... If it IS Conquest, it will only be on the 4 Capital Supremacy maps. 

3. Nothing really (see #1). I enjoy a good mystery box. I love the thrill of not knowing. You could set a big box in my room and tell me not to open it til four months from now, and I would enjoy every second of speculating what was in that box. When the day finally comes, I'll open it up, say "Oh, it was that. Ok. That answers that." , and then go back to my day. It's kind of like that feeling you get throughout watching a slasher film. The suspense kills you (pun unintended). Then the mask comes off, and you're all, "Oh, ok". And that's that.

What are your opinions???
  • Some questions for all of you.

2. What do you expect? Like bare minimum. What do you think they are actually bringing us?

3. What would **** you off?! 

For me...

1. I'm good with anything. I'm easy to please.

2. Honestly I don't know, but I'm 100% sure (just my feeling) there will be no hero AI and the bot count won't go past 20v20. Also, Conquest on all large maps is FOR SURE not coming! Think about it for just one second. Just a second. If the developers put command posts in the other 9 maps (for Conquest) there is NO WAY it would be just for singleplayer. It would be for multiplayer first (as always) because singleplayer would need the extra time to program the bots. So what would they do in the meantime with 9 conquest maps while they are working on programing bots? They. Would. Relies. Them. In. Multiplayer. First. So yeah... If it IS Conquest, it will only be on the 4 Capital Supremacy maps. 

3. Nothing really (see #1). I enjoy a good mystery box. I love the thrill of not knowing. You could set a big box in my room and tell me not to open it til four months from now, and I would enjoy every second of speculating what was in that box. When the day finally comes, I'll open it up, say "Oh, it was that. Ok. That answers that." , and then go back to my day. It's kind of like that feeling you get throughout watching a slasher film. The suspense kills you (pun unintended). Then the mask comes off, and you're all, "Oh, ok". And that's that.

What are your opinions???
    1. I would really like to see GA, SA and the ground phase of CS completely offline with bots (20vs20 in SA/GA and 32vs32 in Conquest) on every available map with vehicles, AI-Reinforcements, AI-Vehicles and AI-Heroes.

2. Bare minimum for me is large-scale TDM with vehicles or small-scale objective-based mode (extraction/strike) with AI-Reinforcements on every available map.
    I expect them to give us Conquest on CS-maps with vehicles for the Player and the AI and a player-count of 20vs20.

3. No vehicles and no AI-Reinforcements, no objectives and no large maps and conquest on just one or two maps. These are no-go's for me.
  • 1 I want CS only ground phase mode with ai reinforcements, ai heroes, veichles, 32 vs 32 and maps from all eras.

2 Agree bare minimum is TDM 20 vs 20 on large scale. I expect CS ground phase 20 vs 20 with ai reinforcements with PT maps only.

3 No large scale maps would make me angry. Id probably stop playing the game after 2 years of non stop.
    I agree with all of the above points.  I'd probably quit and uninstall the game if it requires always online or is an overly linear scripted sequence like the "missions and horde mode" in SWBF1
  • andytheavs
    682 posts Member
    edited August 7
    Some questions for all of you.

3. What would **** you off?! 

1.  What I want is a time machine that takes me back to 4 years ago and puts me in an alternate reality where BF2015 has Instant Action and everything that old gamemode entailed.
    2. What I expect is absolutely nothing because, as previously mentioned, it has been 4 years of not getting what we wanted the game to have in the first place.
    3. Nothing.  Can't have an emotional reaction to something you aren't invested in anymore.

What I'm really saying is that the bar is set so low that if they give us gameplay that includes any portion of what we want, it will be a happy surprise.
  • 1. I would like at least one large scale Offline mode which allows us to use vehicles, with AI heroes and Enforcers on current large maps plus any new maps which are introduced to the Online game. It should be fully customisable ie number of troops per team, health, etc as in Arcade.  A similar mode also for Stafighters.

2. I believe we'll get a version of CS maybe ground phase, or Galactic Assault PvE but Online only as Dice have done for Battlefield V Combined Arms mode.  The devs have already said the better AI needs to be 'server side' meaning they can't program decent AI offline, so unless that's been sorted a a large objective based mode wouldn't be possible offline.

3. As the above poster stated - Having to pay money for Xbox Live/PS+ in order to play the game I already paid for  against bots would be the final nail in the coffin for BFII for me. I have already uninstalled the game and certainly wouldn't reinstall for more online only buggy, laggy server dependent ***** . Offline only please.

• @F8RGE I heard a nasty rumor that the new ways of play had some hiccups and that you guys are trying to fix it and it might not go as planned. Please tell me this is just a nasty rumor. For I will not go into details since I no nothing of programming and wording of all that mess you guys and gals do.