criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Instant Action & PvE Feedback

Replies

• Oilerfan78 wrote: »
    Quick question, I've never played GA online, so hopefully people who have can clear it up for me.

As we know GA is divided into phases or sections. Arcade maps were based on several of these sections. For the CW maps were are getting for instant action (likely the areas available for Capital Supremacy) , are the Arcade map areas like (Kachiro beach (treetops), Naboo Palace area/throne room and Kamino area accessible in the CS modes (later on instant action modes)?

I know Geonosis GA map is different than the CS map, so we'll likely get the CS map meaning no Trippa Hive area for instant action.

So, in essence, will we be able to play the arcade map areas in Instant action on the large scale maps? Are the treetops we play in on Kashyyk in the CS map, and therefore, be accessible in instant action?

So, we will be getting the 4 Captial Supremacy versions of the Clone Wars maps. They are 'slightly' smaller than the GA maps, but you're still getting the majority of the map.

For Geonosis, the Arcade map is based off the Trippa Hive GA map and the Instant Action map will be based off the CS version. So, no Arcade area in the Instant Action area.

For Kamino, the Arcade area is actually partially playable in CS, so it will be a playable area in Instant Action.

For Naboo, the Arcade area is based off the palace of the GA map. This area is not playable in CS, so it's safe to assume that the Arcade area will not be available in Instant Action, just the outside portion of Theed.

For Kashyyyk, the Arcade area is completely seperate from the CS and GA maps, so it will not be in Instant Action either.

So, it seems that the areas we don't have is what we will be featured in Instant Action. Very exciting for sure.
  • This is the best news ever though sadly my xbox one broke (it's out of warranty & no money to send it in for repairs) Either way this what we should of got from the start. I am just glad we are finally getting it. Hopefully I can get the money to fix the xbox or buy a new one before the update if not eh. I will hopefully be able to play it in october.
  • Legendary this game can become...

I hope for offline and online coop/vs concerning instant action !
    Before the end of development, we need All maps, full maps ! (with at least walkers and speeders on Hoth and Crait)

Also there's no informations about Starfighter Assault "arcade" update... Really sad about it.

However, @F8RGE thanks all the team and you.

May The Force Be With Us, Always...
  • I'm very happy with the return of Instant Action! What I found interesting is that it will be a CS based mode, imagine if it came with the same CW maps as the GA! ... I know not, but it would be cool ... I can't wait for them to add OT and ST maps, I want so much to play on Hoth and Crait! ... What did you think about the coming of the Felucia mode already included? I was afraid they might make excuses about AI and take a long time to add ... maybe coming with Felucia may indicate that when they launch OT and ST maps, they will be ready for offline too.
    Quick question, I've never played GA online, so hopefully people who have can clear it up for me.

As we know GA is divided into phases or sections. Arcade maps were based on several of these sections. For the CW maps were are getting for instant action (likely the areas available for Capital Supremacy) , are the Arcade map areas like (Kachiro beach (treetops), Naboo Palace area/throne room and Kamino area accessible in the CS modes (later on instant action modes)?

I know Geonosis GA map is different than the CS map, so we'll likely get the CS map meaning no Trippa Hive area for instant action.

So, in essence, will we be able to play the arcade map areas in Instant action on the large scale maps? Are the treetops we play in on Kashyyk in the CS map, and therefore, be accessible in instant action?

So, we will be getting the Capital Supremacy versions of the Clone War maps. These maps are just 'slightly' smaller than their GA counterparts.

For Geonosis, the Arcade area is based off the Trippa Hive GA map, while the CS area is based off a different Pipelines Junction West area. We will be getting that version of course, so the Arcade area is not playable in Instant Action.

For Kamino, part of the Arcade area is playable in CS, so it will also be a portion of the playable area in Instant Action.

For Naboo, the Arcade area is the Palace portion of the GA map which is not available in CS. So the Arcade portion will not be in Instant Action.

For Kashyyyk, the Arcade portion is not available in GA or CS, so it won't be a playable portion in Instant Action either.

I look at this as a good thing. We're getting more playable sections offline that include different portions of the map we don't see offline. Very exciting.
  • Another important fact is the "count" ... in CS, we received 32v32 (being 20 players and 12 AI), I hope Instant Action is like that too ... and we also have to receive other modes! Like HvV, SA, and others!

No, no Arcade map is an area of CS, except of Kamino, since the Hanger is part of both maps. The Kashyyyk treetop map isn't even part of the GA map. The maps will be:

Naboo: the streets of Theed (basically the GA map without the Palace)

Kamino: the complete outdoor part with a few indoor areas

Kashyyyk: you can see the GA, when you look down to the beach on the right side; the first phase is the CS map and includes the beach and the jungle to the 2. phase
  • I don't want to be Debbie Downer........ So I won't.

His tweet got me hyper than a mutha foe!

Think about it.... Two game modes... CS and GA!!! Offline with everything and all maps! Come down LoneShooter72 come down settle down.

Remember everyone: Dennis said in his interview with BattlefrontUpdates that the PvE modes will NOT be based on modes already in the game.

I take this to mean that we won't be getting straight-up ports of the multiplayer modes, but something slightly modified or totally different.

I'm excited too, but go in with an informed mind 👍

I think we pretty much all want the same thing; large, objective-based mode with the classic combined-arms design (Infantry, Reinforcements, Heroes, Vehicles) available offline. Preferably just capturing command posts. That would also qualify as something different.

Im guessing Wednesday too.

These features in split screen with the AI being able to play as everything is EXACTLY what I want.
    It does not need to be a carbon copy of the online modes for me.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • I'm very happy, they listened us! I just hope for instant action to be playable in splitscreen

If this has split screen it would be perfect!
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.

So, we will be getting the Capital Supremacy versions of the Clone War maps. These maps are just 'slightly' smaller than their GA counterparts.

For Geonosis, the Arcade area is based off the Trippa Hive GA map, while the CS area is based off a different Pipelines Junction West area. We will be getting that version of course, so the Arcade area is not playable in Instant Action.

For Kamino, part of the Arcade area is playable in CS, so it will also be a portion of the playable area in Instant Action.

For Naboo, the Arcade area is the Palace portion of the GA map which is not available in CS. So the Arcade portion will not be in Instant Action.

For Kashyyyk, the Arcade portion is not available in GA or CS, so it won't be a playable portion in Instant Action either.

I look at this as a good thing. We're getting more playable sections offline that include different portions of the map we don't see offline. Very exciting.

Thanks for the answer. This is exactly what I was wondering about concerning the instant action mode.

No, no Arcade map is an area of CS, except of Kamino, since the Hanger is part of both maps. The Kashyyyk treetop map isn't even part of the GA map. The maps will be:

Naboo: the streets of Theed (basically the GA map without the Palace)

Kamino: the complete outdoor part with a few indoor areas

Kashyyyk: you can see the GA, when you look down to the beach on the right side; the first phase is the CS map and includes the beach and the jungle to the 2. phase

Thanks for the answer, weird they never gave us part of the Kasyhyyk beach for arcade. I had no idea the treetop section was not a part of the GA/CS map.
  • not to be a grouch and very hyped and happy for offline in the future! But We're Not Getting Galactic Assault?
    Instant Action Saved The Offline Community!!

FRIENDLY FIRE -> ON/Off in IA
  • not to be a grouch and very hyped and happy for offline in the future! But We're Not Getting Galactic Assault?

I mean, have you read the CT? I don't feel like we need GA offline now, the way they designed it seems better, especially since this mode will be played long term.
  • I am pleased we are getting Instant Action next month, No internet connection required, hero AI, vehicles, etc. But as theses are clone wars era maps only and they release about 1 map every couple of months it could be a year before we get to play as stormtroopers or rebels or ride a speeder bike or a Tauntaun on Hoth. 5 maps per era would be great but only 5 clone wars maps in which we have to play as Clones or Droids is gonna get boring after a while especially for those who aren't fans of the prequels.
  • Rocketman92
    21 posts Member
    edited August 20
    I cannot wait to play as the Commando.

• R2D277 wrote: »
    I am pleased we are getting Instant Action next month, No internet connection required, hero AI, vehicles, etc. But as theses are clone wars era maps only and they release about 1 map every couple of months it could be a year before we get to play as stormtroopers or rebels or ride a speeder bike or a Tauntaun on Hoth. 5 maps per era would be great but only 5 clone wars maps in which we have to play as Clones or Droids is gonna get boring after a while especially for those who aren't fans of the prequels.

Agreed. So far this is my only problem with it.

Yes we got the Large Scale Offline Ground mode we wanted but not the maps
  • That CT was the BEST NEWS EVER.
    Jesbro wrote: »
    R2D277 wrote: »
    I am pleased we are getting Instant Action next month, No internet connection required, hero AI, vehicles, etc. But as theses are clone wars era maps only and they release about 1 map every couple of months it could be a year before we get to play as stormtroopers or rebels or ride a speeder bike or a Tauntaun on Hoth. 5 maps per era would be great but only 5 clone wars maps in which we have to play as Clones or Droids is gonna get boring after a while especially for those who aren't fans of the prequels.

They will probably come in 2020. One per month, just like they did with Clone Wars. We may even get two new reinforcers for both factions in the OT era. :)
  • Jesbro wrote: »
    R2D277 wrote: »

On the bright side, when they finally start releasing Original Trilogy maps for Capital Supremacy, each of those maps will likely be added to Instant Action as well. I'm guessing it'll start in February, with new CS and IA maps on Tatooine, Hoth, Yavin IV, Endor, and Death Star II... maybe even some brand-new maps on Sullust and Cloud City if we're lucky.

Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Sorry I Keep Bugging but Will we be Able to level up in any??
    Instant Action Saved The Offline Community!!

FRIENDLY FIRE -> ON/Off in IA
  • mandalorj wrote: »
    not to be a grouch and very hyped and happy for offline in the future! But We're Not Getting Galactic Assault?

I mean, have you read the CT? I don't feel like we need GA offline now, the way they designed it seems better, especially since this mode will be played long term.

Agreed.

GA might feel more "cinematic", but Conquest is just more..open and encourages you explore all of the map...or however much of it you want 😂

GA is linear and restrictive. Besides, we don't really need another large offline mode after this do we?? This incorporates almost everything.

Personally, assuming this new coop mode will be similar to GA, I would like it to be offline/solo. I agree regarding GA being linear and somewhat restrictive but the thought of standing on the Theed palace steps as AI enemy swarm around pushing forward is pleasurable; same with echo base if they added Hoth in the future.

I like GA for the feeling of pure attacking or defending whereas CS to me feels more fast paced and free (I like both modes equally).
    Not in any way ungrateful, IA is going to be awesome with CS type gameplay. But the new coop mode as an offline port would be gladly received just for the option and especially if rules customisable. I don't see how would be too difficult to do either as it would basically be copying what's in the coop mode and adding 3 more AI to replace human players.

Happy with whatever we get though and appreciative to devs!
  • Not that it really matters anymore starting next month, but I was playing Crait arcade. I was the resistance. I noticed my AI standing still alot, staring at walls. On even walked into the cavern wall. I remember the AI behaving like this in Jabba's Palace after the Naboo Hangar update. Anyone notice anything different about the AI after the update in the last couple of weeks?
  • Dennis just tweeted out that split screen won't be supported in Instant Action on release due to making sure the AI will run smoothly
  • Starmasui73146
    1487 posts Member
    edited August 21
    Oilerfan78 wrote: »
    Dennis just tweeted out that split screen won't be supported in "Instant Action" on release due to making sure the AI will run smoothly

Woooooow! YES! So they hopefully will do it latter if it all works out. Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh. I'm so rediculously happy right now I just want to jump up and down and dance. 😀🤗

Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • So...Just making sure: When Venator & Dreadnought interiors arrove for HVV we also get them for Arcade, right? RIGHT?!
  • Starmasui73146
    1487 posts Member
    edited August 21

Yeah this Offline will be cool against Destroyer Droids and such, waaaaay amped.
    So...Just making sure: When Venator & Dreadnought interiors arrive for "HvV", we also get them for "Arcade", right? RIGHT?!

Well if you go by what DICE has said in the past then yes. Also it is a small map too so yeah sure why not.
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
    Dennis just tweeted out that split screen won't be supported in Instant Action on release due to making sure the AI will run smoothly

Split screen NEEDS to be added later then.
  • GA might feel more "cinematic", but Conquest is just more..open and encourages you explore all of the map...or however much of it you want 😂
    GA is linear and restrictive. Besides, we don't really need another large offline mode after this do we?? This incorporates almost everything. And I never thought much of using the transport vehicles like the AT-AT either. Slow and kinda boring.
    And aerial craft in a mode like this would be pointless, can't land them so you can't really effectively dictate the flow of Battle from them.
    Nah, this mode sounds practically perfect for what the #SoloPlayers group has always wanted ^^
    Almost everything available offline forever! I can't get over how amazing that sounds ^^ a dream come true!
    Plus with the Hero AI you can even have mini HvV battles against the epic backdrop of a massive battle too!

Yeah things are looking really good based on the bullet point list from the CT. Too bad they didn't do things right 4 years ago, we could've been enjoying this the whole time! Never the less, I'm excited and some real life friends are going to get pestered until they buy the game now.
    It is unfortunate that ships and vehicles aren't like the old games where you can enter/exit them. That was a lot of fun zipping around (or over) the battlefront, blasting some enemies, hopping out, capturing a point, and moving on. Gotta do those quick strikes!
  • In my opinion only 4 heroes will be available per side like in capital supremacy. Thats why we are getting hero AI. I am 100% sure starfighters are coming, because this gamemode created for sandbox experience not for balance. Felucia is supposed to be special map for vehicle combat, so maybe they inroduce new vehicles. All new things in capital supremacy are good for instant action.
  • Northernfang
    60 posts Member
    edited August 21
    So far so good, it's been a satisfying CT overall. I'm still a little underwhelmed that the new mode will not be based on dynamic objectives/phases like the co-op mode will, but it's a big step in the good direction. What truly bothers me is that there's nothing involving a big starfighter mode. In a perfect world the game would have an offline mirror image, but if we could just get a full Starfighter Assault port, I think I would never uninstall the game.
  • Gothic_Mando
    1944 posts Member
    edited August 21
    a6ceoart1yjy.jpg

More clarification guys ^^

It's gonna be amazing spotting an ally hero like Obi-Wan cutting down droids, or finding a fellow Clone Commando to stick with throughout the Battle!!
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

Instant Action confirmed!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^

• dtmagwqv318w.png

As much as I adore splitscreen, I can accept that it might never come. It's not an easy thing to incorporate after all.

Given the breadth of everything else they're adding here, we should ALL be willing to accept it, I hope they add it, but if they don't, not a big deal.

We'll just take it in turns for our uploaded Co-op playthrough^^
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

Instant Action confirmed!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^

• Does anyone know, if the devs said something about, if Instant Action uses the Arcade AI? It would be interesting to know, if AI heroes and AI Reinforcements are going to be in Arcade as well...
  • Northernfang
    60 posts Member
    edited August 21
    Does anyone know, if the devs said something about, if Instant Action uses the Arcade AI? It would be interesting to know, if AI heroes and AI Reinforcements are going to be in Arcade as well...

1) Was wondering the same. I think they'll share the same A.I, some overhaul would not be unexpected.
    2) No certainty, but I don't think so. I'm sure heroes are a key feature for Instant Action. Reinforcements however may come to Arcade, they are after all present in Blast and Arcade is just Blast offline.
  • Can't wait for instant action, easily some of the best news I've heard since launch. Seriously. Playing huge offline battles is the number one thing I've wanted. And hero AI? Can't wait to run down Boba Fett in a tank
  • u6df8zjc3wkl.png
    Confirmed by F8RGE! And also confirmed that they used skills, just like AI heroes
  • The more people will play Instant Action, the faster it will be received an update
  • I take it they managed to port or recreate the C.S servers A.I to an offline version ?! How will the aerial behave, like they do in the campaign ?
  • No Split-Screen...
    Very Disappointment...
  • Imladithil2002
    274 posts Member
    edited August 21
    u6df8zjc3wkl.png
    Confirmed by F8RGE! And also confirmed that they used skills, just like AI heroes

Well, that's good news, if the AI uses the good things, the Arcade AI has (trying to find cover, when damaged; attacking in groups). I don't know, if it's the same about the CS AI, i don't play this game mode so often. It would be nice, if the AI can use even more abilities.
    My remaining wishlist for Instant Action (for the launch and for the future):
    - OT and ST maps and different times of day (not now, but perhaps some time in the future)
    - featuring starfighters or even a complete new mode (similar to the space mode in the 2005 Battlefront)
    - modification options (like in Arcade, at least a few)
    - Split-screen (but i can understand, if this isn't possible)
    - creating a playlist to have something similar to Galactic Conquest

So far: well done, DICE!

Edit: F8RGE confirmed on Reddit, that there are a few options to modificate the mode.
  • I take it they managed to port or recreate the C.S servers A.I to an offline version ?! How will the aerial behave, like they do in the campaign ?

Yeah, i think it's a bit easier to implement this AI into an completely new mode, than to upgrade an existing AI to that one.
    I think, the aerials will behave like that, because i think, they wouldn't work otherwise (they could just jump into an abyss). Perhaps they will just fly up, fire their rockets and then they land again. But that's just my guess, of course nothing official.
  • CrashBandicoot35
    61 posts Member
    edited August 21
    They need to add Vertical Split-Screen to consume fewer resources.

Sorry for my bad English.
  • dtmagwqv318w.png

As much as I adore splitscreen, I can accept that it might never come. It's not an easy thing to incorporate after all.

Given the breadth of everything else they're adding here, we should ALL be willing to accept it, I hope they add it, but if they don't, not a big deal.

We'll just take it in turns for our uploaded Co-op playthrough^^

The whole reason I bought this game is to play it in split screen. I can accept split screen will come later; however, if they never add split screen it is a HUGE deal to me. if they have to reduce the number of AI on the map or turn down the graphics for when the game is running in split screen, that is cool to me.
  • They need to add Vertical Split-Screen to consume fewer resources.

Sorry for my bad English.

I would happily play in vertical split screen if that would consume less resources.
  • Mystical
    367 posts Member
    edited August 21
    Llunots wrote: »
    Guys, I cannot believe it, I really thought they would disappoint us, but finally, after 3 years since skirmish BF2015, we got justice to our cause. Love it!!!!!

Yes it has been a long road for many of us. I remember many of us here early on the forums before even Battlefront 2015 came out were asking that the game has a full offline large scale battle mode. It took nearly 4+ years but at last we have finally gotten the mode we wanted. I never got aggressive in asking but any reddit thread or post here asking for offline content I definitely supported them.

All the naysayers that kept saying the new Battlefront games are for online multiplayer, only resources for online should be used, offline players don't matter, offline players are just bad at games, tried to troll our thread(s) (you know who you are), and put us down can now be laid to rest. We've won offline haters, we have the high ground, its over.

Now the focus moves to maintaining this great mode and any new content the game gets being able to enjoy it in Instant Action as well. I won't stop playing online but there will be days if I just want some star wars battles I can finally do it how I want.
  • To be honest, i used to play on Geonosis all times in battlefront 2004. So, i am very happy with addition of Instant Action, despite the fact that it is only clone wars. Moreover clone wars factions the most diverse in the game.
  • Feel like Instant Action will be the top mode ever for us BF players (old and new games). Skirmish was great but nothing compared to IA, i mean next month will could set up a match and fight with our AI reinforcements, Heroes e vehicles against the same ai. While killing troops and reinforcements with Obi Wan, we could meet AI Grievous or AI Dooku or boths and start an epic lightsaber duel.
    I think i will be playing the most with Republic Commando!
    Instant Action - Thank you Dice!