criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Instant Action & PvE Feedback

Replies

• Northernfang
    60 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    To be honest, i used to play on Geonosis all times in battlefront 2004. So, i am very happy with addition of Instant Action, despite the fact that it is only clone wars. Moreover clone wars factions the most diverse in the game.

The 2004 map had everything that made the battle of Geonosis thrilling in AoTC.
    And it's clone wars only AT RELEASE ! The hardest thing was getting the mode running smoothly, I think.
    I'm sure the OT and sequels maps will be released in the next six month. That, and the sequel content coming in december should balance the three eras better.
    Post edited by Northernfang on
  • Gothic_Mando
    2047 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Mystical wrote: »
    Llunots wrote: »
    Guys, I cannot believe it, I really thought they would disappoint us, but finally, after 3 years since skirmish BF2015, we got justice to our cause. Love it!!!!!

Yes it has been a long road for many of us. I remember many of us here early on the forums before even Battlefront 2015 came out were asking that the game has a full offline large scale battle mode. It took nearly 4+ years but at last we have finally gotten the mode we wanted. I never got aggressive in asking but any reddit thread or post here asking for offline content I definitely supported them.

All the naysayers that kept saying the new Battlefront games are for online multiplayer, only resources for online should be used, offline players don't matter, offline players are just bad at games, tried to troll our thread(s) (you know who you are), and put us down can now be laid to rest. We've won offline haters, we have the high ground, its over.

Now the focus moves to maintaining this great mode and any new content the game gets being able to enjoy it in Instant Action as well. I won't stop playing online but there will be days if I just want some star wars battles I can finally do it how I want.

Couldn't agree more!!^^

It really IS a dream come true.

All this, for what is, undeniably, the smaller portion of their fanbase.

They never needed to do this. They could've just ignored us as a minority and all they'd really get is a couple snarky comments.

But they did. They did it ALL ANYWAY.

And with so much depth and consideration too. I mean, pretty much every single request has been answered.

I'm just speechless. Everytime I think of it, I feel so elated, so excited, grateful and giddy as a schoolkid.

Often I'll just look over F8RGE's tweet, announcing the CT, marvelling at the point it says specifically "Instant Action (fully offline). They know exactly what we wanted and listened.

I never saw this coming. And they did it all anyway.

"Thank you" doesn't quite cover it.

And thanks to all of you for never giving up on it either 😊 Now it'll live forever.

I know it's silly to get so sentimental about a videogame to a lot of people, but this is me. This is how I feel and I love it all.

#SoloPlayers
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

Instant Action confirmed!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^

• Jesbro
    646 posts Member
    The new Need For Speed Heat racing game is also confirmed to be playable offline :)

Yes I know it's not Battlefront but I love racing games and Ben (F8RGE) has been posting about it a lot on his Twitter so I thought it would be appropriate to post that information here because it is not just a Battlefront problem.

So many new games have been online only that I pretty much now have to always ask if they will be playable offline.

Shouldn't have to ask that question about a racing game but unfortunately this is what it has come to.
  • What I hope for is so much customization! It would be so cool if there was a skin selection and more ai on the field and (IMO) friendly fire toggleable so much potential!!!
    Instant Action Saved The Offline Community!!

FRIENDLY FIRE -> ON/Off in IA

Do you think BF2 needs a new and improved UI? Then check this out!
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/8lq96Q
  • Jesbro
    646 posts Member
    man blazur must be eating his Knickers right about now

"Do not mention that name again."

We got the Large Scale Offline mode we wanted. Sure it's only for Clone Wars maps right now but it is a start.

Hopefully in December the new Rise of Skywalker map will be released for Instant Action as well.
  • Jesbro wrote: »
    man blazur must be eating his Knickers right about now

"Do not mention that name again."

We got the Large Scale Offline mode we wanted. Sure it's only for Clone Wars maps right now but it is a start.

Hopefully in December the new Rise of Skywalker map will be released for Instant Action as well.

I wouldn't worry about the other eras not coming to CS/Instant Action. Sounds like that is exactly what they have in mind from Forge's reply to me a day ago: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/comment/1472609/#Comment_1472609
  • z90jv7gfc7qa.png

This should be Instant Action.
    Instant Action - Thank you Dice!
  • j7sylftdpqdu.png

Clone Commando.
  • j7sylftdpqdu.png

Clone Commando.

what source??

• j7sylftdpqdu.png

Clone Commando.

what source??

German site, probably someone who tested the new pve modes yesterday.
    Btw we will get official gameplay videos from youtubers tomorrow.
  • j7sylftdpqdu.png

Clone Commando.

what source??

German site, probably someone who tested the new pve modes yesterday.
    Btw we will get official gameplay videos from youtubers tomorrow.

Ahh, Okay nice thx!

• Going to make a thread asking just in case, But to help with my question as i dont have twitter or Anything, does anyone here know If Instant action will be Prequal Era Locked heroes and Villians like Online Capital Supremacy or will all Heroes and Villians be playable in Instant action? Anyone with Reddit or Twitter mind forwarding that question to Dice devs? Super stoked for Instant action either way!
  • Starmasui73146
    2085 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Going to make a thread asking just in case, But to help with my question as i dont have twitter or Anything, does anyone here know If Instant action will be Prequal Era Locked heroes and Villians like Online Capital Supremacy or will all Heroes and Villians be playable in Instant action? Anyone with Reddit or Twitter mind forwarding that question to Dice devs? Super stoked for Instant action either way!

A Summary Recap (devoid of excessive words):

Okay so here is a recap of what is going to be available to us for completely Offline (modem off):

New Offline Game Mode
    Instant Action - Basically phase one of "Capital Supremacy" - very similar to "Conquest mode" - I am eternally grateful Devs. 😇👍🏼

*New Re-enforcements:
    Republic Commandos - This sounds amazing. 😎
    *More re-enforcements to come as well.

**New Maps for Arcade: 👍🏼
    Felucia - I've wanted this planet in the game as far back as 2015.
    **More maps to come as well.

Hero and Villain A.I. - I'm so ridiculously excited to play against them.🤛 (fist bump)

Re-enforcement A.I. - I'm doing flips off walls on this one, mega amped.😀

A.I. Controlled Vehicles - Thanks for this, much needed devs.🤗

The Ability to Use Vehicles - Yee haw!🙂

Spawning on Command Posts - Greatest thing ever...🙌 (Jumping double high five devs)

***Instant Action Maps - Just like phase one of "Capital Supremacy". At the moment (just like) "Capital Supremacy", Clone Wars maps only. This will change soon to include other eras DICE has hinted at:
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Our eyes are turning to other eras.
    Mystical wrote: »
    Even if the focus for other eras is limited content, if they get added to Capital Supremacy alongside the new "Instant Action" mode it will be pretty great and feel more like a complete game for sure.
    F8RGE wrote: »
    We wouldn't disagree.
    That means other era heroes and villains as well will become available unless ANY are choose-able Offline, we shall see. Maps we have for "Instant Action":
    (1.) Naboo
    (2.) Kamino
    (3.) Kashyyyk
    (4.) Geonosis
    (5.) Felucia.
    ***More maps confirmed coming latter. 🤝

New Skins for Characters
    (1.) Luke Skywalker "Farm Boy" 😊 or "Yavin IV" (personally I prefer "Farm Boy" it's more iconic.
    (2.) Battle Droid "Training Droid"
    (3.) Battle Droid "Pilot Droid"
    (4.) Battle Droid "Jungle Droid (camouflage)

So, so far there are ten factors that positively effect our Offline experience and more to come.

Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • Going to make a thread asking just in case, But to help with my question as i dont have twitter or Anything, does anyone here know If Instant action will be Prequal Era Locked heroes and Villians like Online Capital Supremacy or will all Heroes and Villians be playable in Instant action? Anyone with Reddit or Twitter mind forwarding that question to Dice devs? Super stoked for Instant action either way!

Okay so here is a recap of what is going to be available to us for completely Offline (modem off):

New Offline Game Mode
    Instant Action - Basically phase one of "Capital Supremacy" - very similar to "Conquest mode" - I am eternally grateful Devs. 😇👍🏼

*New Re-enforcements:

Hero and Villain A.I. - I'm so ridiculously excited to play against them.🤛 (fist bump)

Spawning on Command Posts - Greatest thing ever...🙌 (Jumping double high five devs)

***Instant Action Maps - Just like phase one of "Capital Supremacy". At the moment (just like) "Capital Supremacy", Clone Wars maps only. This will change soon to include other eras DICE has hinted at. That means other era heroes and villains as well will become available unless any are choose able Offline, we shall see.
    (1.) Naboo
    (2.) Kamino
    (3.) Kashyyyk
    (4.) Geonosis
    (5.) Felucia.

New Skins for Characters
    (1.) Luke Skywalker "Farm Boy" 😊 or "Yavin IV" (personally I prefer "Farm Boy" it's more iconic.

So, so far there are ten factors that positively effect our Offline experience and more to come.

Yea man im so stoked for all that! Instant action or something similar is something ive wanted since launch!. I just was curious on the heroes available in instant action specifically like... Is it Prequal only Heroes for instant action like Capital supremacy online is or Can i run around with Palpatine or Vader or w.e on Instant action Naboo ect
  • Starmasui73146
    2085 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Going to make a thread asking just in case, But to help with my question as i dont have twitter or Anything, does anyone here know If Instant action will be Prequal Era Locked heroes and Villians like Online Capital Supremacy or will all Heroes and Villians be playable in Instant action? Anyone with Reddit or Twitter mind forwarding that question to Dice devs? Super stoked for Instant action either way!

New Offline Game Mode

*New Re-enforcements:

***Instant Action Maps - Just like phase one of "Capital Supremacy". At the moment (just like) "Capital Supremacy", Clone Wars maps only. This will change soon to include other eras DICE has hinted at. That means other era heroes and villains as well will become available unless any are choose able Offline, we shall see.
    (1.) Naboo
    (2.) Kamino
    (3.) Kashyyyk
    (4.) Geonosis
    (5.) Felucia.

New Skins for Characters

Yea man im so stoked for all that! Instant action or something similar is something ive wanted since launch!. I just was curious on the heroes available in instant action specifically like... Is it Prequal only Heroes for instant action like Capital supremacy online is or Can i run around with Palpatine or Vader or w.e on Instant action Naboo ect

They say we shall know all that detail come their Community Transmission in September on release.

You know now with us getting "Instant Action" I find myself missing Nein Nuub and Director Krennic. They were outstanding at defending areas.
    “There is always hope.”
  • EnthusedFan4
    4 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    So I've been waiting for Instant Action (or just a offline styled conquest mode) since launch but one thing that I see that is really bothering me, aside from Era Only Heroes and only Prequel only maps is that Instant Action will not be available to be played Split Screen or Online with a Friend... Just wanted to know if anyone else is upset about this because I really wanted to play this mode stress and casually free with good ol' bots with my buddy
  • So I've been waiting for Instant Action (or just a offline styled conquest mode) for a while but one thing that I see that is really bothering me, aside from Era Only Heroes and only Prequel only maps is that Instant Action will not be available to be played Split Screen or Online with a Friend... Just wanted to know if anyone else is upset about this because I really wanted to play this mode stress and casually free with good ol' bots with my buddy

Yeah, as I said above the devs ARE lookin' towards other eras next.

As for Split Screen verses or Split Screen co-op against enemy A.I. in "Instant Action" no word yet. Perhaps that can be our next push for content.🙂
    “There is always hope.”
  • So I've been waiting for Instant Action (or just a offline styled conquest mode) for a while but one thing that I see that is really bothering me, aside from Era Only Heroes and only Prequel only maps is that Instant Action will not be available to be played Split Screen or Online with a Friend... Just wanted to know if anyone else is upset about this because I really wanted to play this mode stress and casually free with good ol' bots with my buddy

Yeah, as I said above the devs ARE lookin' towards other eras next.

As for Split Screen verses or Split Screen co-op against enemy A.I. in "Instant Action" no word yet. Perhaps that can be our next push for content.🙂

I sure hope so. Been waiting for a long time and now that we finally have it I REALLY want it to be the best it can be. So all the maps and Split Screen/Online functionality would be very good because tbh that Co Op mode isn't looking too hot in my eyes especially since it won't be available offline and since Ben is alluding to the fact that it's strictly going to be a 4 player mode. But I guess we'll know soon lol
  • Do you guys think there's any chance we'll get a customization option to select the era we want to play on each planet?
  • Jesbro
    646 posts Member
    Do you guys think there's any chance we'll get a customization option to select the era we want to play on each planet?

I wouldn't bet on it. While I wouldn't mind that custom option i don't think it will happen.
  • CrazyGalaxyG9
    45 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Do you guys think there's any chance we'll get a customization option to select the era we want to play on each planet?

No, each planet has era's attributes such as broken vehicles and live background. Even in original battlefront on Geonosis, Hoth, Endor, Kamino you can play only one era. Now all maps are desinged in such a way. For example Kashyyyk has Venator, crashed LAAT etc. There is only wookie's village on original map. Another example background on Geonosis, where clones fighting with droids, but without this, map will be too empty. However, there are some maps where it can work well such as Tatooine or Kessel.
    Post edited by CrazyGalaxyG9 on
  • So, we will be getting the 4 Captial Supremacy versions of the Clone Wars maps. They are 'slightly' smaller than the GA maps, but you're still getting the majority of the map.

For Geonosis, the Arcade map is based off the Trippa Hive GA map and the Instant Action map will be based off the CS version. So, no Arcade area in the Instant Action area.

For Kamino, the Arcade area is actually partially playable in CS, so it will be a playable area in Instant Action.

For Naboo, the Arcade area is based off the palace of the GA map. This area is not playable in CS, so it's safe to assume that the Arcade area will not be available in Instant Action, just the outside portion of Theed.

For Kashyyyk, the Arcade area is completely seperate from the CS and GA maps, so it will not be in Instant Action either.

So, it seems that the areas we don't have is what we will be featured in Instant Action. Very exciting for sure.

This actually makes me really happy! Arcade and Instant Action form a symbiotic circle. Without Arcade, we can't play all of the small scale maps and without Instant Action we can't play all of the large scale maps. It is perfect!
    Instant Action is on the horizon! Thank you DICE so much for this incredible addition to the game!
  • So, we will be getting the 4 Captial Supremacy versions of the Clone Wars maps. They are 'slightly' smaller than the GA maps, but you're still getting the majority of the map.

For Geonosis, the Arcade map is based off the Trippa Hive GA map and the Instant Action map will be based off the CS version. So, no Arcade area in the Instant Action area.

For Kamino, the Arcade area is actually partially playable in CS, so it will be a playable area in Instant Action.

For Naboo, the Arcade area is based off the palace of the GA map. This area is not playable in CS, so it's safe to assume that the Arcade area will not be available in Instant Action, just the outside portion of Theed.

For Kashyyyk, the Arcade area is completely seperate from the CS and GA maps, so it will not be in Instant Action either.

So, it seems that the areas we don't have is what we will be featured in Instant Action. Very exciting for sure.

This actually makes me really happy! Arcade and Instant Action form a symbiotic circle. Without Arcade, we can't play all of the small scale maps and without Instant Action we can't play all of the large scale maps. It is perfect!

Imagine, if we would get one day every map from the other eras for Instant Action and small-scale maps like HvV Hoth, Strike Endor or the ship interiors for Arcade, so almost every part of every map would last forever.

Imagine, if we would get one day every map from the other eras for Instant Action and small-scale maps like HvV Hoth, Strike Endor or the ship interiors for Arcade, so almost every part of every map would last forever.

I don't know arcade, but it is pretty clear now after Ben's words that CS and IA are going to be updated with OT and ST maps after fall. Probably the first new map to come after Felucia will be the TROS map. I bet they ( Felucia and TROS map) will be available since release and then they will start to make OT and ST maps for CS and IA one per month like they made for Kamino, Kashyyk and Naboo.
  • Do you think when next month when we get the large scale mode that arcade bots will get updated too?

Imagine playing bespin in arcade and Darth Vader shows up as a bot and we didn't know it got updated and we have it on the hardest difficulty! Or playing star fighter offline as the first order and lando/L7 falcon comes rekt-ing?
  • Do you think when next month when we get the large scale mode that arcade bots will get updated too?

Imagine playing bespin in arcade and Darth Vader shows up as a bot and we didn't know it got updated and we have it on the hardest difficulty! Or playing star fighter offline as the first order and lando/L7 falcon comes rekt-ing?

Personally i don't think so, because the AI in Instant Action is completely different from the Arcade AI. The best we can hope for concerning Arcade is a little overhaul, so the AI is able to use even more abilities and maybe, but just maybe, they'll can pick enforcers.
    But i don't expect anything on this front, since i think, the arrive of Instant Action is Arcade's death sentence (besides of for example Clone Commandos playable in Arcade).
  • Honestly, if they never update Arcade again, I won't feel I'm missing out.

Instant Action has everything Arcade has, besides Starfighters and small maps, the latter of which I don't feel too enamoured to anyway.

I'll probably dip into Starfighter Arcade very occasionally just to enjoy the mechanics of flying and that beautiful first-person cockpit, but other than that? I doubt I'll play it.

I was never much of a pilot anyway 😂
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^

• Does anyone know what time the Instant Action gameplay videos are supposed to start dropping?
  • Also - because I've seen it requested elsewhere - i don't think Heroes Vs Villains is really need offline, as you can just experience that as an aspect of Instant Action.

And no, I don't think it's worth asking the devs to do it just because "I don't want to be shot in the back by Trooper AI as I fight another Hero!" or because "I want to fight a team of hero AI on those specific smaller maps!"

We're getting SOOOOO much more than was ever really warranted, given this is a PvP game in an Online-Centric age, we are unbelievably lucky to get everything we're getting.

Maybe we should all make an effort to limit or temper further requests?
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

• Gothic_Mando
    2047 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    I can see the argument for a starfighter objective mode as we can't experience that at all in IA, but personally, I think we're getting enough, plus with the confirmation of future support too in the form of other eras.

I just feel bad asking for more stuff when you can essentially experience it - or an aspect of it - in this epic, extensive combined-arms mode. Which is all we ever really asked for.
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

• Does anyone know what time the Instant Action gameplay videos are supposed to start dropping?

15:00 Stockholm

15:00 Stockholm

Awesome! 1 more hour to go. Thanks.
  • Well it seems many won't but I know I will still play starfighter arcade and small maps arcade along with the instant action. I don't think the small maps will become obsolete because many of them are small maps like kessel, naboo hanger, tree top, and bespin.
  • Also - because I've seen it requested elsewhere - i don't think Heroes Vs Villains is really need offline, as you can just experience that as an aspect of Instant Action.

And no, I don't think it's worth asking the devs to do it just because "I don't want to be shot in the back by Trooper AI as I fight another Hero!" or because "I want to fight a team of hero AI on those specific smaller maps!"

We're getting SOOOOO much more than was ever really warranted, given this is a PvP game in an Online-Centric age, we are unbelievably lucky to get everything we're getting.

I agree. That said, I do think we should continue to request they eventually port all the OT and ST GA maps over to larger, open maps for CS and IA. In a best-case scenario I don't see us getting any of them until the beginning of next year, but still.

I agree. That said, I do think we should continue to request they eventually port all the OT and ST GA maps over to larger, open maps for CS and IA. In a best-case scenario I don't see us getting any of them until the beginning of next year, but still.

Exactly, from the language used, number one: It sounds like we will eventually get the other era's in some capacity

Two: Some of the arcade maps like Yavin for the OT are actually pretty good maps for arcade mode but again it sounds like the will be expanding the instant action. I honestly would rather have the outdoor section of Hoth with vehicles.

Three: It sounds like they will consider split screen after they "Live fire" test how it taxes all platforms.

I think some patience is in order as there will undoubtedly be issues that crop up as we go, we'll see how great this is in about a month but we asked for the moon and from the CT, it seems they delivered that and a few stars but I'm perfectly content with what I've seen so far but for those that aren't, we are definitely heading in the right direction and I for one already didn't expect to get as much as we are in September, I figured they would spread things out over the Fall as they have done with almost everything else
  • YOOO!!! that Ai Heroes is pretty cool and well done!!

• I've watched a few of these videos now. It seems very well done at all. I didn't saw any vehicles in these modes, but i think, that's just because it's pre-release content. However i think the Dooku AI is too often just standing around and doing nothing or he is blocking. I hope, it's being worked on to make him a bit more aggressive. I also didn't see so much trooper abilities in the gameplay (not a single explosive shot sentry), but as well it may be because it's not finished yet or they are updating the AI over time.
  • From the first videos I seen.

1. Could not tell those was AI.
    2. AI Dooku don't know how to play him 😂
    3. AI play better than most people... Really they do.
    4. This is so awesome! I can not wait!
    5. They really need to do the large scale instant action for the other planets too.
  • I found it really funny, how the name shown above Dooku was just a battle droid number, but a nearby battle droid was called "Count Dooku"...
  • Northernfang
    60 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    I've been really impressed with what I've seen so far !
    But since it takes a pinch of constructive criticism to perfect things, I'll just say:
    -the absence of starfighters is unfortunate
    -the same goes with the lack of the artillery class in both modes (Geonosis-ATTE/LAAT Kamino)
    -the new spawn system is too abstract, the tactical view of the map and the naming of the command posts in the original Battlefronts (related to a function or a geographical feature) was far better for orientation, but on the other hand, I really like the overview of the battle field they've shown... I think a crossover would be perfect

And that's all. Other than that, it'd take a full port of GA and SA to make my day, my month, hell even my year.
  • they did say they are working on the ai even more..so great to hear!

• Watched the videos!! My inital thoughts are that the AI is great they just need some more ability work. Although we know that they have upgraded them further since the build shown in the videos. I'm pumped to finally be playing this though and can't wait to see the other aspects of the mode!!

Just hoping we get the Capital Ships for Arcade this month and then everything will be perfect!
    Instant Action is on the horizon! Thank you DICE so much for this incredible addition to the game!
  • Also guys keep in mind that DICE have said that the AI from the gameplay videos are already out of date, it's good news that they aren't just giving us the mode and then leaving it alone, it sounds like they have plans to update the mode and give more customization options even beyond what they have already shown us.
  • DogVan
    98 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Disappointed that the coop seems to basically be a form of CS with the command points and that from the looks of the footage the naboo map will be the CS/dusk version and probably no option to play the bright GA version. Partly my own fault for letting my imagination run off and picturing it as a GA type mode. AI heroes obviously may need bit more work to be more aggressive.

Other than that both coop and IA look pretty dam good and cannot wait!

Edit: after seeing new video of coop on Naboo I take back what I say about it looking like a form of CS; being able to fight in the palace will be awesome and I guess the other maps will have areas that are like their GA counterparts.
    Post edited by DogVan on
  • bcts3grhbilf.png
    Finally!
  • Saw a couple videos and here are a few thoughts:

1. Absolutely glorious to see everything we wanted! AI reinforcements, hero AI!
    2. I did not recall seeing any vehicles, I know they are in there since Ben said so, but I wanted to see some gameplay using them
    3. Enemy AI seems too easy. I'm hoping they are playing on easy difficulty to show us everything
  • mandalorj wrote: »
    Also guys keep in mind that DICE have said that the AI from the gameplay videos are already out of date, it's good news that they aren't just giving us the mode and then leaving it alone, it sounds like they have plans to update the mode and give more customization options even beyond what they have already shown us.

If they follow through with adding OT and ST eras its going to be really epic. I hope this comes in the following months after this mode releases.
  • Just watched Jackfrags vid on Coop and instant action, it's exactly what I wanted for this game, Hero AI is just so fantastic to see.

I can't believe they actually did it, years of frustration, years of request, losing all hope for solo content, but here we are.

If they continue to add EVEN MORE to instant action, more heros, maps etc, then this will be one of the best games ever. One that can live on and be played for years to come.

I will be purchasing the 2100 Crystals Pack ($24) because of this.

Thank you, DICE.