criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Instant Action & PvE Feedback

Replies

• Insane News!!! Hot Fix Coming Monday!!
    Ben Walke: "We're preparing a server deployment which will revert changes made to lightsaber combat in the latest update. We're currently in the testing phase but all going well we will deploy the update on Monday."

Speaking of Ben Walke comments...It doesn’t sound like DICE has plans at the moment to add Offline “Instant Action” Split Screen verses or Split Screen co-op (NOT referring to the new game mode of the same name). Just saw this on Twitter:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheBountyGroup

@TheBountyGroup
    Replying to
    @BenWalke
    “Can we go against friends in instant action? I hope.”
    6:52 AM · Sep 5, 2019
    9 Likes

Ben Walke
    @BenWalke
    Replying to
    @TheBountyGroup
    “Instant Action is a single player experience.”

—————————————————————-

Daaaaang that whole #soloplayersmatter thing just blew up in our faces. We were all so excited to push for Offline content that most of us failed to explain to DICE that we wanted to play it on the couch also with a friend (whether Split Screen verses or Split Screen co-op (NOT referring to the new game mode of the same name). Oops.

I don't think reiterating that to them would help, pretty sure it's something they knew we wanted, or they wouldn't have responded so quickly to the person asking about it. They've clearly tried to get it in.

It's a performance thing. It's either gonna take a lot of work over a lengthy period of time or they simply can't do it.

I love splitscreen and I love splitscreening the old Battlefronts, but if they really can't do it, it's a loss I can accept. Just take it in turns playing and watching. You'd be surprised how much fun you can have that way too.

Given how much we're getting, perhaps it's a loss everyone should be willing to accept too.

IA needs split screen. The only reason I bought the game is to play in couch co-op. Dennis made it sounds like it could come later, if it does awesome.

I had an idea a few days ago, concerning the future of IA and splitscreen and i posted it in another thread. At the moment i don't have so much time, so i just quote myself in this spoiler-box:
    I had a similar idea a few days ago, but let me explain. Just a note: if this would come, it need to be after Tatooine, Hoth, Endor, Yavin IV, Takodana, Jakku, Starkiller-Base, Crait and the Episode 9 Planet coming to Capital Supremacy and Instant Action, since it wouldn't make sense to start this now.

At first 3 new locations would come to the Conquest-style mode of Instant Action (the one, that comes soon), that aren't available in Instant Action:
    • Death Star II -> It doesn't make sense to implement this one in CS, because you need two points, where the dropships can pick you up and the Death Star isn't an open-air map. And from a logical point of view: why leave the Death Star as the rebels to attack a normal Star-Destroyer? For Instant Action, it would be a real shame not to get this one at some point (and lose it forever), because you don't have the problem with the dropships.
    • Endor - Ewok Village -> This one is the Ewok Hunt map and it is wonderful. To not cause too much effort, this one wouldn't support vehicles and starfighters and it would be set at night (like the Ewok perspective in Ewok Hunt) and Ewoks would be playable at this one.
    • Geonosis - Trippa Hive -> This map would consist of the second and the third phase of GA and it would have a sandstorm coming at some point of the game. It also features AT-TEs, since three of them would be on the map at the beginning and you can enter them, if you want. To balance things a bit out, the TX-130 wouldn't be available as long as there are AT-TEs left. No more AT-TEs, if the three are destroyed.

If starfighters aren't a thing in IA, this would make a fine addition to our collection. Cross-era, choosing factions seperately and Split-screen wouldn't be necessary because of the following reason:

It would be great to remove Arcade from the game and make a modified rework in Instant Action. Of course it would support the AI of Instant Action including AI Troopers, AI Reinforcements and AI Heroes. For the Starfighter modes it would include AI Starfighters and AI Hero Starfighters.

The Onslaught modes would give you the possibility to win either like you do in Arcade at the moment or like in the Survival mode in Battlefront 2015.

The Team-Battle modes would give you the option to win due to use up all the enemys tickets or killing every enemy once to win a round and having multiple rounds available. The player count for both teams would be (1/2/4/6/8/10/12/14/16) and it can be played in split-screen (if it doesn't work with 15 bots per side, lower the total player count down to 10 or 12 players per side).
    For every map in Team-Battle you have the option to switch on three command posts. It would work a bit different, since you can win, if you hold all command posts at the same time for a few seconds or if you use up all enemy's tickets.

The Starfighter modes would use the big online SA maps and they would have the option to switch on the SA objectives (if possible).

Team-Battle and Onslaught would be available on unused areas regarding the Conquest-Instant Action maps and these would be the following:
    • Geonosis - Trippa Hive -> the first phase of the GA map
    • Kashyyyk - Kachirho Beach -> the treetop map from HvV, Strike and Arcade
    • Kamino - Clone Factory -> the third phase of GA (without the hanger, which is accessible in Instant Action) and the fourth phase of GA
    • Naboo - Theed -> the second and the third phase of GA
    • Naboo - Theed -> the first part of the first phase of GA (before the arch way on the main street), because it isn't available in CS and (presumably) in IA
    • Naboo - Palace Hanger -> the small map, like it is
    • Republic Venator -> the whole map, including both systems, the hanger and the part between them (not just the small piece which is available in HvV)
    • Separatist Dreadnought -> the same thing about this map
    • Endor - Research Station 9 -> i think, the second phase would be used for CS and IA, so the first phase (which is available in Arcade) and the Strike map would be nice as two small maps
    • Hoth - Outpost Delta -> possibly the first phase will be available in CS/IA, so the second and third phase combined would be great
    • Yavin IV - The Great Temple -> the third and fouth phase combined, since it's likely for CS and IA to get the first two phases
    • Tatooine - Mos Eisley -> the third phase, since the CS/IA map will be most likely the first two phases
    • Tatooine - Jabbas Palace -> the Extraction map including the outside area
    • Kessel - Coaxium Mine -> the Extraction map including the Coaxium chamber and the Imperial spawn in the last phase
    • Bespin - Administrator's Palace -> the map as it is
    • Takodana - Maz' Castle -> the map, which is available in Arcade at the moment, since it's likely to get the first two phases as maps for CS and IA
    • Starkiller-Base -> the map, that is currently used in Arcade (the first phase is more likely to get for the Conquest mode)
    • Jakku - The Graveyard -> the first two phases are likely to get for the Conquest-IA mode, so it would be the last two phases seperately
    • Crait -> the first phase and perhaps the second phase would be the CS/IA map, so it would be nice to have the Arcade/Blast map including the generator room from the last phase
    • all OT and ST Ship interiors -> handled the same way like the Venator and the Dreadnought

That way, you could play Starfighter Assault, Heroes vs Villains, Hero Showdown and Starfighter Showdown completely offline.

Last but not least a little note: this is an idea for the far future, to get every piece of every map offline. The devs did so great work with them, it would be a shame, if it wouldn't last forever (not again (yes, looking at you SWBF2015)). Of course this isn't a must have, it's just an idea how to please people, who want to capture Command posts in Split-screen and how to continue/complete the great work regarding offline-content you started with Instant Action.

What would you think about the idea, to have the IA mode, that's coming only to be a singleplayer mode, but being able to play a small-scale objective-based mode with cross era AI heroes in split-screen? Let's say as some kind of compromise, if the devs can't make the new mode work in split-screen.

Don't forget friendly fire XD, but keyword Objective. I Would be so fine if they did that. Large Scale for Singleplayer ONLY, and Splitscreen/Partner (It was called in the last game 2015) would be Objective but smaller Sorta like Strike but Offline? Totally
    Instant Action Saved The Offline Community!!

FRIENDLY FIRE -> ON/Off in IA
  • Xbox Live is on the fritz, so I can't play any of Star Wars: Battlefront II's online modes right now. Instant Action can't come soon enough.

Just 19 more days...

Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Xbox Live is on the fritz, so I can't play any of Star Wars: Battlefront II's online modes right now. Instant Action can't come soon enough.

Just 19 more days...

I know don't remind me I'm SOOO Excited for it. Felucia too!!

• Gears 5 + Battlefront 2 Instant Action. It's a great month for gaming! :D
  • Gears 5 + Battlefront 2 Instant Action. It's a great month for gaming! :D

*And Borderlands 3 and Monster Hunter World: Iceborne and ..possibly...Greedfall.

Lots of good releases!
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

Instant Action confirmed!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^

• why was my post deleted? we need support over on the ubi forums for offline ghost recon!
    Proud EX-Member of MordorHQ (RIP) A.K.A EA UK Forums (RIP)
    creator of the All-In-One Cinematic PostFX Off Mod @ Nexusmods
    "for a true immersive experience, dl it today!"
  • Starmasui73146
    1258 posts Member
    edited September 7
    AI skins were never a make-or-break feature, so that shouldn't be a big deal to anyone.

I don't want to see anyone demanding features like that from the devs because they can't accept that X feature won't make it in, sorry if I'm sounding like a bit of a Napoleon here, I just feel if you're the type who really can't play without being able to customize the weapons of each AI class, or their starcards or stamina cooldowns etc, then you've missed the point of what we've been asking for all these years.

There's such a thing as too much customization. Having stuff like ability cooldown speeds works in Arcade, because TDM has so little going on that it actually needs that extra stuff to keep it interesting.

IA has enough extra going on that it doesn't really need that deep level of customisation.

That's true i don't care about that stuff, starcards.. maybe but, one of the only things that i want is FRIENDLY FIRE -> ON/Off, it would bring so many memories back from BF2 2005. I think I'm the only one though...

Thanks for your response!^^ Always good to see reasonable responses 👍

I understand the appeal of Friendly Fire and I think it's one of those features that is probably do-able from a tech standpoint,

But I feel it'd require them to put more work into the AI to ensure they don't simply hit walk in front of you /another friendly while strafing or dodging.

To me, it would look a bit silly to see a cluster of Clones go down to fire from their oblivious brothers shooting from behind them.

What the rest of you all think about friendly fire? Again, I don't feel its needed for a fun, immersive experience.

Let's encourage discussions like this about each request, so we can cut down the list as much as possible. Honestly, out of all the requests, I can imagine friendly fire is entirely do-able, especially if they don't tweak the AI pathfinding to avoid each other's fire, it would be even less work.

So I'm not against asking for that option 👍

No no no, Gothic Mando, I don't think you get it. I'm pretty sure the only one in Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2 (Pandemic) that could accidentally shoot friendlies is you or the other human playing with you. The idea of the concept was it challenges you the human player to be forced to think before you act. I.E.- You can't just through a thermal imploder in a room filled with enemies and friends and there not be a consequence; you would lose reinforcements. You can't just fire like a crazy man without aiming our you'll kill your own troops and thus you'd lose reinforcements. The intent was to challenge you...not force A.I. to do the same. So no they would NOT need to reprogram the A.I., they'd only have to permit the friendly A.I. to be shot by you.

AI skins were never a make-or-break feature, so that shouldn't be a big deal to anyone.

I don't want to see anyone "demanding" features like that from the devs in anger because they can't accept that X feature won't make it in, sorry if I'm sounding like a bit of a Napoleon here, I just feel if you're the type who really can't play without being able to customize the weapons of each AI class, or their starcards or stamina cooldowns etc, then you've missed the point of what we've been asking for all these years.

There's such a thing as too much customization. Having stuff like ability cooldown speeds works in Arcade, because TDM has so little going on that it actually needs that extra stuff to keep it interesting.

IA has enough extra going on that it doesn't really need that deep level of customisation or detail.

For me the only ones that are a must have are faster stamina recovery vs normal recovery aaaaaaand faster ability recharge verses normal recharge. The reason:
    (1.) A.I. villains dying too fast due to stamina running out. I would rather have them a power house. A real threat were I legitimately fear them. Having this as a toggle would permit that.
    (2.) Faster Ability Recharge- was a fun feature in "Arcade". But imagine if the enemy villain could do it too. That would be soooo insanely amazing. Just imagine not being able to seize this one control point because the A.I. villain is totally defending it there. Now that's COOL!
    😎👍🏼

To each his own but I love to have the challenge amped. I do not always want victory handed to me on a silver plater. I mean where would the challenge be? Sure I have different moods. There's days when I just want to kick tail and that's cool too. But just having that option of increasing villain stamina or villain ability recharge is what really just sends it over the top.
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • AI skins were never a make-or-break feature, so that shouldn't be a big deal to anyone.

I don't want to see anyone demanding features like that from the devs because they can't accept that X feature won't make it in, sorry if I'm sounding like a bit of a Napoleon here, I just feel if you're the type who really can't play without being able to customize the weapons of each AI class, or their starcards or stamina cooldowns etc, then you've missed the point of what we've been asking for all these years.

IA has enough extra going on that it doesn't really need that deep level of customisation.

That's true i don't care about that stuff, starcards.. maybe but, one of the only things that i want is FRIENDLY FIRE -> ON/Off, it would bring so many memories back from BF2 2005. I think I'm the only one though...

Thanks for your response!^^ Always good to see reasonable responses 👍

I understand the appeal of Friendly Fire and I think it's one of those features that is probably do-able from a tech standpoint,

But I feel it'd require them to put more work into the AI to ensure they don't simply hit walk in front of you /another friendly while strafing or dodging.

To me, it would look a bit silly to see a cluster of Clones go down to fire from their oblivious brothers shooting from behind them.

What the rest of you all think about friendly fire? Again, I don't feel its needed for a fun, immersive experience.

Let's encourage discussions like this about each request, so we can cut down the list as much as possible. Honestly, out of all the requests, I can imagine friendly fire is entirely do-able, especially if they don't tweak the AI pathfinding to avoid each other's fire, it would be even less work.

So I'm not against asking for that option 👍

No no no, Gothic Mando, I don't think you get it. I'm pretty sure the only one in Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2 (Pandemic) that could accidentally shoot friendlies is you or the other human playing with you. The idea of the concept was it challenges you the human player to be forced to think before you act. I.E.- You can't just through a thermal imploder in a room filled with enemies and friends and there not be a consequence; you would lose reinforcements. You can't just fire like a crazy man without aiming our you'll kill your own troops and thus you'd lose reinforcements. The intent was to challenge you...not force A.I. to do the same. So no they would NOT need to reprogram the A.I., they'd only have to permit the friendly A.I. to be shot by you.

I don't want to see anyone "demanding" features like that from the devs in anger because they can't accept that X feature won't make it in, sorry if I'm sounding like a bit of a Napoleon here, I just feel if you're the type who really can't play without being able to customize the weapons of each AI class, or their starcards or stamina cooldowns etc, then you've missed the point of what we've been asking for all these years.

IA has enough extra going on that it doesn't really need that deep level of customisation or detail.

For me the only ones that are a must have are faster stamina recovery vs normal recovery aaaaaaand faster ability recharge verses normal recharge. The reason:
    (1.) A.I. villains dying too fast due to stamina running out. I would rather have them a power house. A real threat were I legitimately fear them. Having this as a toggle would permit that.
    (2.) Faster Ability Recharge- was a fun feature in "Arcade". But imagine if the enemy villain could do it too. That would be soooo insanely amazing. Just imagine not being able to seize this one control point because the A.I. villain is totally defending it there. Now that's COOL!
    😎👍🏼

To each his own but I love to have the challenge amped. I do not always want victory handed to me on a silver plater. I mean where would the challenge be? Sure I have different moods. There's days when I just want to kick tail and that's cool too. But just having that option of increasing villain stamina or villain ability recharge is what really just sends it over the top.

That is kinda another reason why I want Friendly Fire, like you said you can't just throw a thermal imploder into the room with a bunch of teammates and not get punished for it you have to aim right, and know when to throw a grenade, you have to think before you act thx for reminding me.

• slarlac249 wrote: »
    why was my post deleted? we need support over on the ubi forums for offline ghost recon!

Which ghost recon? I thought wildlands had offline?
  • slarlac249 wrote: »
    why was my post deleted? we need support over on the ubi forums for offline ghost recon!

Either one of the mods must've deleted or there was a bug when you posted it.

Everyone's welcome to push for it in as many games as they want, but I personally think we came out so incredibly lucky here that I don't see lightning striking twice.

Also... having waited 3(!) years for this one.. can't say I like the idea of going back to waiting once again for a different game. I'm satisfied with Battlefront 2 getting great offline stuff, or else you're just playing the waiting game forever.
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^

• Gothic_Mando
    1859 posts Member
    edited September 7
    @Starmasui73146 ohh I see. That would make it easier for the devs too, but for me personally, it's not needed.

I could see it happening though 👍

Not so sure I could see stamina options though.
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

• Sorry for posting this again !

I understand the performance restrictions but really...
    If it's not possible to get offline VS/coop in Split screen for Instant Action... we need at least to get those features for online (coop/VS Instant Action) as sorts of private matches with customisation settings.

Please guys consider and support.
    May The Force Be With You, Always...
  • mandalorj wrote: »
    slarlac249 wrote: »

Which ghost recon? I thought wildlands had offline?

Wildlands is playable completely offline, but the new one that comes out in Oct. requires a constant internet connection to play mp or solo
  • These four options will make me happy:

-Health
    -Abilities
    -Enemy classes
    -Play as

Ben said that one of the options would be battle point gain so that is really awesome because in Arcade I always unlock reinforcements after getting two kills so that should be a refreshing option to mess around with!!

Less than 3 weeks till Instant Action!! This is so awesome!!!
    Instant Action is on the horizon! Thank you DICE so much for this incredible addition to the game!
  • These four options will make me happy:

-Health
    -Abilities
    -Enemy classes
    -Play as

Ben said that one of the options would be battle point gain so that is really awesome because in Arcade I always unlock reinforcements after getting two kills so that should be a refreshing option to mess around with!!

Less than 3 weeks till Instant Action!! This is so awesome!!!

When did he say this? And here I thought I was all up to date on IA info.
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

• ELIMELECH0401
    1352 posts Member
    edited September 7
    Insane News!!! Hot Fix Coming Monday!!
    Ben Walke: "We're preparing a server deployment which will revert changes made to lightsaber combat in the latest update. We're currently in the testing phase but all going well we will deploy the update on Monday."

Speaking of Ben Walke comments...It doesn’t sound like DICE has plans at the moment to add Offline “Instant Action” Split Screen verses or Split Screen co-op (NOT referring to the new game mode of the same name). Just saw this on Twitter:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheBountyGroup

@TheBountyGroup
    Replying to
    @BenWalke
    “Can we go against friends in instant action? I hope.”
    6:52 AM · Sep 5, 2019
    9 Likes

Ben Walke
    @BenWalke
    Replying to
    @TheBountyGroup
    “Instant Action is a single player experience.”

—————————————————————-

Daaaaang that whole #soloplayersmatter thing just blew up in our faces. We were all so excited to push for Offline content that most of us failed to explain to DICE that we wanted to play it on the couch also with a friend (whether Split Screen verses or Split Screen co-op (NOT referring to the new game mode of the same name). Oops.

I don't think reiterating that to them would help, pretty sure it's something they knew we wanted, or they wouldn't have responded so quickly to the person asking about it. They've clearly tried to get it in.

It's a performance thing. It's either gonna take a lot of work over a lengthy period of time or they simply can't do it.

I love splitscreen and I love splitscreening the old Battlefronts, but if they really can't do it, it's a loss I can accept. Just take it in turns playing and watching. You'd be surprised how much fun you can have that way too.

Given how much we're getting, perhaps it's a loss everyone should be willing to accept too.

IA needs split screen. The only reason I bought the game is to play in couch co-op. Dennis made it sounds like it could come later, if it does awesome.

I had an idea a few days ago, concerning the future of IA and splitscreen and i posted it in another thread. At the moment i don't have so much time, so i just quote myself in this spoiler-box:
    I had a similar idea a few days ago, but let me explain. Just a note: if this would come, it need to be after Tatooine, Hoth, Endor, Yavin IV, Takodana, Jakku, Starkiller-Base, Crait and the Episode 9 Planet coming to Capital Supremacy and Instant Action, since it wouldn't make sense to start this now.

At first 3 new locations would come to the Conquest-style mode of Instant Action (the one, that comes soon), that aren't available in Instant Action:
    • Death Star II -> It doesn't make sense to implement this one in CS, because you need two points, where the dropships can pick you up and the Death Star isn't an open-air map. And from a logical point of view: why leave the Death Star as the rebels to attack a normal Star-Destroyer? For Instant Action, it would be a real shame not to get this one at some point (and lose it forever), because you don't have the problem with the dropships.
    • Endor - Ewok Village -> This one is the Ewok Hunt map and it is wonderful. To not cause too much effort, this one wouldn't support vehicles and starfighters and it would be set at night (like the Ewok perspective in Ewok Hunt) and Ewoks would be playable at this one.
    • Geonosis - Trippa Hive -> This map would consist of the second and the third phase of GA and it would have a sandstorm coming at some point of the game. It also features AT-TEs, since three of them would be on the map at the beginning and you can enter them, if you want. To balance things a bit out, the TX-130 wouldn't be available as long as there are AT-TEs left. No more AT-TEs, if the three are destroyed.

If starfighters aren't a thing in IA, this would make a fine addition to our collection. Cross-era, choosing factions seperately and Split-screen wouldn't be necessary because of the following reason:

It would be great to remove Arcade from the game and make a modified rework in Instant Action. Of course it would support the AI of Instant Action including AI Troopers, AI Reinforcements and AI Heroes. For the Starfighter modes it would include AI Starfighters and AI Hero Starfighters.

The Onslaught modes would give you the possibility to win either like you do in Arcade at the moment or like in the Survival mode in Battlefront 2015.

The Team-Battle modes would give you the option to win due to use up all the enemys tickets or killing every enemy once to win a round and having multiple rounds available. The player count for both teams would be (1/2/4/6/8/10/12/14/16) and it can be played in split-screen (if it doesn't work with 15 bots per side, lower the total player count down to 10 or 12 players per side).
    For every map in Team-Battle you have the option to switch on three command posts. It would work a bit different, since you can win, if you hold all command posts at the same time for a few seconds or if you use up all enemy's tickets.

The Starfighter modes would use the big online SA maps and they would have the option to switch on the SA objectives (if possible).

Team-Battle and Onslaught would be available on unused areas regarding the Conquest-Instant Action maps and these would be the following:
    • Geonosis - Trippa Hive -> the first phase of the GA map
    • Kashyyyk - Kachirho Beach -> the treetop map from HvV, Strike and Arcade
    • Kamino - Clone Factory -> the third phase of GA (without the hanger, which is accessible in Instant Action) and the fourth phase of GA
    • Naboo - Theed -> the second and the third phase of GA
    • Naboo - Theed -> the first part of the first phase of GA (before the arch way on the main street), because it isn't available in CS and (presumably) in IA
    • Naboo - Palace Hanger -> the small map, like it is
    • Republic Venator -> the whole map, including both systems, the hanger and the part between them (not just the small piece which is available in HvV)
    • Separatist Dreadnought -> the same thing about this map
    • Endor - Research Station 9 -> i think, the second phase would be used for CS and IA, so the first phase (which is available in Arcade) and the Strike map would be nice as two small maps
    • Hoth - Outpost Delta -> possibly the first phase will be available in CS/IA, so the second and third phase combined would be great
    • Yavin IV - The Great Temple -> the third and fouth phase combined, since it's likely for CS and IA to get the first two phases
    • Tatooine - Mos Eisley -> the third phase, since the CS/IA map will be most likely the first two phases
    • Tatooine - Jabbas Palace -> the Extraction map including the outside area
    • Kessel - Coaxium Mine -> the Extraction map including the Coaxium chamber and the Imperial spawn in the last phase
    • Bespin - Administrator's Palace -> the map as it is
    • Takodana - Maz' Castle -> the map, which is available in Arcade at the moment, since it's likely to get the first two phases as maps for CS and IA
    • Starkiller-Base -> the map, that is currently used in Arcade (the first phase is more likely to get for the Conquest mode)
    • Jakku - The Graveyard -> the first two phases are likely to get for the Conquest-IA mode, so it would be the last two phases seperately
    • Crait -> the first phase and perhaps the second phase would be the CS/IA map, so it would be nice to have the Arcade/Blast map including the generator room from the last phase
    • all OT and ST Ship interiors -> handled the same way like the Venator and the Dreadnought

That way, you could play Starfighter Assault, Heroes vs Villains, Hero Showdown and Starfighter Showdown completely offline.

Last but not least a little note: this is an idea for the far future, to get every piece of every map offline. The devs did so great work with them, it would be a shame, if it wouldn't last forever (not again (yes, looking at you SWBF2015)). Of course this isn't a must have, it's just an idea how to please people, who want to capture Command posts in Split-screen and how to continue/complete the great work regarding offline-content you started with Instant Action.

What would you think about the idea, to have the IA mode, that's coming only to be a singleplayer mode, but being able to play a small-scale objective-based mode with cross era AI heroes in split-screen? Let's say as some kind of compromise, if the devs can't make the new mode work in split-screen.

It has split screen, the AI playing as everything except ground vehicles, and objectives. Ground vehicles would be a nice bonus but I am fine without them. This would be perfect for me.
    Post edited by ELIMELECH0401 on
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • When did he say this? And here I thought I was all up to date on IA info.

I've just gone looking everywhere for it... and now I can't find it at all. Sorry for the false information. I either dreamt it or the comment got removed. Either way I hope that is one of the options because it'd be awesome!

Instant Action is on the horizon! Thank you DICE so much for this incredible addition to the game!
  • Starmasui73146
    1258 posts Member
    edited September 10
    @Starmasui73146 ohh I see. That would make it easier for the devs too, but for me personally, it's not needed.

Yeah it just...well...to be honest, watching the "Instant Action" many times through, I was bored. Most of the time ALL of the Command Posts were held by friendlies and when humans arrived most of the time (NOT all the time) there was no one there. The Villain was just to easy to drop as well. What footage I did see I was under-whelmed by how long the A.I. villain survived, his stamina was getting him killed. I...well...🥺 just was hoping the villain A.I. would be more intimidating I guess, that's all. I mean...don't get me wrong, I am crazy grateful to even have hero and villain A.I. but I guess I set my hopes to high that's all.😐

But trust me, whatever it is I will appreciate it none the less. 🙂
    That is kinda another reason why I want Friendly Fire, like you said you can't just throw a thermal imploder into the room with a bunch of teammates and not get punished for it you have to aim right, and know when to throw a grenade, you have to think before you act thx for reminding me.

Yeah I mean it just forces you to think, instead of just chaos. It adds an extra layer to the difficulty. If one doesn't like it they can just toggle it off, no big thing. 🙂
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • @Starmasui73146 ohh I see. That would make it easier for the devs too, but for me personally, it's not needed.

Yeah it just...well...to be honest, watching the "Instant Action" many times through, I was bored. Most of the time ALL of the Command Posts were held by friendlies and when humans arrived most of the time (NOT all the time) there was no one there. The Villain was just to easy to drop as well. What footage I did see I was under-whelmed by how long the A.I. villain survived, his stamina was getting him killed. I...well...🥺 just was hoping the villain A.I. would be more intimidating I guess, that's all. I mean...don't get me wrong, I am crazy grateful to even have hero and villain A.I. but I guess I set my hopes to high that's all.😐

But trust me, whatever it is I will appreciate it none the less. 🙂

Yeah I mean it just forces you to think, instead of just chaos. It adds an extra layer to the difficulty. If one doesn't like it they can just toggle it off, no big thing. 🙂

The "Istant Action" you were watching was a work in progress mode. That's why we didn't see vehicles, all AI heroes/villains, bots count, pre game settings, ecc...
    We have to wait a few days for the CT to understand something more.
  • I personally loved the footage, because as KyloRen1992 said it is just work-in-progress. If the battles are that crazy and awesome in the footage already, I can only imagine how incredible they will be with vehicles thrown in!!
  • Question for all the people wanting Starfighters in the mode:

Don't you think that taking AI from the ground battle and putting them in the sky would be a waste of AI that could be fighting on the surface? Geonosis and Felucia won't support starfighters anyway so all that is happening is that three maps would have them.

Not knocking starfighters, just a curiosity question. AI numbers are precious after all.

Don't you think that taking AI from the ground battle and putting them in the sky would be a waste of AI that could be fighting on the surface? Geonosis and Felucia won't support starfighters anyway so all that is happening is that three maps would have them.

Not knocking starfighters, just a curiosity question. AI numbers are precious after all.

It's something I've considered. I'd rather have as many troopers on the ground playing the objective and not making strafing runs every five seconds with impunity as they did in 2015.
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

It's a good point. I think the reason, why people want starfighters is, to have a sandbox experience as much open as possible. So a good compromise could be, to allow the player to play as starfighters but restrict it to the player only.

It's a good point. I think the reason, why people want starfighters is, to have a sandbox experience as much open as possible. So a good compromise could be, to allow the player to play as starfighters but restrict it to the player only.

It's a good question, and some good points made here, as well. Here's my take. For me Starfighters in INSTANT ACTION is about rounding out the sandbox experience. Honestly, if I knew (that 100% for certain) a Starfighter Assault Instant Action mode was coming at some point in the future then I would withdraw all requests for starfighters in IA. Dennis has talked about parity between the online modes and what IA/PVE will have to offer, so I think it's something that they're working towards, so I have some hope that it will happen.

But for now with no sign of SA in sight, I'd want to have that experience within instant action. I hadn't considered the drain on troop counts, though. That could muddy the waters a bit. If it's starting out as a 20v20 mode (which is plenty). Then you have say 2-3 units in vehicles, and 2-3 units as heroes, it's down to a 15v15. Add in another 2-3 units in fighters and you've got barely any troops on the ground. That would be an issue. As far as strafing goes, you could program the AI Starfighters to just do battle in skies (while you as player are free to strafe), but that doesn't solve the it count issue...

Now, since we don't know all the details yet... if we are seeing a 20 v20 ground forces, with additional AI in the skies (like during Galactic Assault on Starkiller Base or Takodana) then that's a different story. Unless I'm completely wrong, GA IS 20v20 right? That's all human players. No AI.
    But hop in a Starfighter and you'll find half a dozen AI fighters in both sides waging a a war in the skies and harassing you in the air. They never do strife runs on the ground.

So technically it is possible.

Give me that same AI action in the skies, and keep 20v 20 on the ground and were good...

• Scoundrel wrote: »
    Question for all the people wanting Starfighters in the mode:

It's a good question, and some good points made here, as well. Here's my take. For me Starfighters in INSTANT ACTION is about rounding out the sandbox experience. Honestly, if I knew (that 100% for certain) a Starfighter Assault Instant Action mode was coming at some point in the future then I would withdraw all requests for starfighters in IA. Dennis has talked about parity between the online modes and what IA/PVE will have to offer, so I think it's something that they're working towards, so I have some hope that it will happen.

But for now with no sign of SA in sight, I'd want to have that experience within instant action. I hadn't considered the drain on troop counts, though. That could muddy the waters a bit. If it's starting out as a 20v20 mode (which is plenty). Then you have say 2-3 units in vehicles, and 2-3 units as heroes, it's down to a 15v15. Add in another 2-3 units in fighters and you've got barely any troops on the ground. That would be an issue. As far as strafing goes, you could program the AI Starfighters to just do battle in skies (while you as player are free to strafe), but that doesn't solve the it count issue...

Now, since we don't know all the details yet... if we are seeing a 20 v20 ground forces, with additional AI in the skies (like during Galactic Assault on Starkiller Base or Takodana) then that's a different story. Unless I'm completely wrong, GA IS 20v20 right? That's all human players. No AI.
    But hop in a Starfighter and you'll find half a dozen AI fighters in both sides waging a a war in the skies and harassing you in the air. They never do strife runs on the ground.

So technically it is possible.

Give me that same AI action in the skies, and keep 20v 20 on the ground and were good...

Hmmmm, good point. 2 ships, 2 vehicles, 2 heroes at a time makes for 14 vs 14. on the ground. It is possible to have a good battle on the ground with these numbers. The way Skirmish avoided issues, is of course, restricting battles to certain parts of the map in phases. If they make Starfighters AI that don't count towards the 20 vs 20 on the ground, it can work. I'm hoping they will also be able to include the ATTE, even as an AI unit or LAAT. Would be nice to have those as earnable perks that AI could control if the player chooses not to.
  • I'm hoping that we get the CT this week (hopefully Monday-Tuesday) detailing Instant Action and Co-Op. Obviously I'm heavily invested in IA, but I'm growing more and more interested by the day. I have a few burning questions:

1) Will Co-Op be playable solo? What I mean is it's a 4-player co-op, but is it UP TO 4 players? Can I start the game solo (or play the whole match without 3 other players)?

2) Instant action replicates Capital Supremacy. Will Co-Op mirror Galactic Assault? It looks like it will work similar to Turning Point, and I know there won't be any AI shooting ion Disruptors at WALKERS but I'm wondering if the finished product will feature AT-TEs, MTTs, AT-ATs, etc to add to the variety and immersion of the map. Not with the same mechanic as in Galactic Assault, just to have the Artillery class playable or an added obstacle.

3) DICE keeps talking about CO-OP as being a mode where you alternate attacking and defending. That doesn't seem that it will okay the same exact way as Capital Supremacy/Instant Action. I'm thinking that it will play the same way Galactic Assault plays, meaning a linear progression down the battlefield (with command posts as opposed to operatable buttons for doors and such). If that is the case, will we get the Galactic Assault map for Geonosis as opposed to the Capital Supremacy map? Clearly the ga map would work better for an attack/defend mode, especially if the mode moves forward command post by command post.

Thoughts? Anyone have any info of those?
  • Good! One thing I would also like to see, at least mentioned, in CT is about new Instant Action modes ... I mean, if they plan to expand this mode beyond Supremacy, like adding HvV or a modified version of GA
    I'm hoping that we get the CT this week (hopefully Monday-Tuesday) detailing Instant Action and Co-Op. Obviously I'm heavily invested in IA, but I'm growing more and more interested by the day. I have a few burning questions:

1) Will Co-Op be playable solo? What I mean is it's a 4-player co-op, but is it UP TO 4 players? Can I start the game solo (or play the whole match without 3 other players)?

I think it's confirmed that co-op requires 4 players to start a game.
    I'm hoping that we get the CT this week (hopefully Monday-Tuesday) detailing Instant Action and Co-Op. Obviously I'm heavily invested in IA, but I'm growing more and more interested by the day. I have a few burning questions:

Ben's response to a similar question "can I play co-op with just myself and my wife without the other 2 players?" was that co-op was designed for and scaled to 4 players.

Also, it's called co-op, it's meant to be played with others exclusively. IA is meant for solo play exclusively. That seems to be their approach with it.

I get the appeal of the larger, linear maps and gameplay, but I don't mind missing out on a few hallways or corridors of a map because we get the CS versions.
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

• I hope for online coop or vs playability concerning Instant Action...

2) Instant action replicates Capital Supremacy. Will Co-Op mirror Galactic Assault? It looks like it will work similar to Turning Point, and I know there won't be any AI shooting ion Disruptors at WALKERS but I'm wondering if the finished product will feature AT-TEs, MTTs, AT-ATs, etc to add to the variety and immersion of the map. Not with the same mechanic as in Galactic Assault, just to have the Artillery class playable or an added obstacle.

3) DICE keeps talking about CO-OP as being a mode where you alternate attacking and defending. That doesn't seem that it will okay the same exact way as Capital Supremacy/Instant Action. I'm thinking that it will play the same way Galactic Assault plays, meaning a linear progression down the battlefield (with command posts as opposed to operatable buttons for doors and such). If that is the case, will we get the Galactic Assault map for Geonosis as opposed to the Capital Supremacy map? Clearly the ga map would work better for an attack/defend mode, especially if the mode moves forward command post by command post.

Thoughts? Anyone have any info of those?

I would think that CO-OP is like as Strike

• SAM4XE wrote: »
    Scoundrel wrote: »

Thanks @sam4xe and @gothic_mando. @only1cookieman1 I don't think it is going to be like strike. The devs have talked about CoOp being a large scale mode. You may have to focus on 1-2 command posts at a time before you move into the next section, but I think it will play like Galactic Assault. Not so much like strike, but you might be right! I'm hoping for the more large -scale feel, and the devs have hinted at that, so we'll see.

SAM4XE wrote: »

Thanks @sam4xe and @gothic_mando. @only1cookieman1 I don't think it is going to be like strike. The devs have talked about CoOp being a large scale mode. You may have to focus on 1-2 command posts at a time before you move into the next section, but I think it will play like Galactic Assault. Not so much like strike, but you might be right! I'm hoping for the more large -scale feel, and the devs have hinted at that, so we'll see.

Oh, I didn't know that it was large scale mode and command posts, I thought it was medium sized maps and like 1-a few objectives..

SAM4XE wrote: »

Oh, I didn't know that it was large scale mode and command posts, I thought it was medium sized maps and like 1-a few objectives..

Yes, there are some gameplay-videos on Naboo from the gamescom. At first you had to capture 3 (? -> i'm not hundered percent sure) points in the streets (1 left side, 1 right, 1 under the archway), then 2 in the palace (where the GA second phase objectives are) and the last one in the throne room.
  • Some great responses to my starfighter question! It seems as though it'd be ideal if it was 20 vs 20 PLUS starfighters instead of 16 vs 16 WITH 4 starifighters each. I believe that DICE know what they're doing so we'll see. Thanks for all the answers though!
  • CrazyGalaxyG9
    35 posts Member
    edited September 9
    Honestly, i don't understand why AI can't get different skins for each map. Before january update, in arcade AI had special skins on Naboo, Kashyyyk etc.
  • Honestly, i don't understand why AI can't get different skins for each map. Before january update, in arcade AI had special skins on Naboo, Kashyyyk etc.

The skins used are built into the level. So I think that cancels out random skins for each unit.

One skin per map though, as per the Arcade maps you mention? Not sure if it's do-able or too much work. Do AI skins really matter that much?
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

• Honestly, i don't understand why AI can't get different skins for each map. Before january update, in arcade AI had special skins on Naboo, Kashyyyk etc.

The skins used are built into the level. So I think that cancels out random skins for each unit.

One skin per map though, as per the Arcade maps you mention? Not sure if it's do-able or too much work. Do AI skins really matter that much?

I actually think whilst IA is Clone Wars based, the lack of AI skins is sad, but liveable. Though when they add the other eras, I'd be heartbroken if the Alien skins were left in the dust. Skirmish managed to throw in random rebels so even if it is the same Aliens each time (So Dax Olesa would always be a Duros for example), I want to see them in action.
  • Still no sign of the IA' s CT.
    Im really interested to know the details of the mode.

I'd expect it a week before the mode releases, at the earliest. It releases on the 25th. So probably next week
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

• I eagerly await the CT. I would like to see an option for how many stars fighters/heroes/troopers the AI use.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.

I'd expect it a week before the mode releases, at the earliest. It releases on the 25th. So probably next week

Agree but consider the fact that there will be 4 CTs this month: IA - coop - Felucia - Clone Commando. I doubt they will release all of them in the same week.
  • I eagerly await the CT. I would like to see an option for how many stars fighters/heroes/troopers the AI use.

I guess it will be 20vs20, which is fine.
    My hope is that the will to include starfighters and vehicles will not empty the field.

Agree but consider the fact that there will be 4 CTs this month: IA - coop - Felucia - Clone Commando. I doubt they will release all of them in the same week.

Will IA be first or did you put them in that order

I did that way, don't know the exact order they will be released.
  • Aryck-The-One
    1637 posts Member
    edited September 9
    Still no sign of the IA' s CT.

I did that way, don't know the exact order they will be released.

We already had a Community Transmission detailing the Clone Commando and his abilities. Instant Action and Co-op will likely be one transmission. So that means we will have a total of 3 Community Transmissions this month:
    • Instant Action & Co-op
    • Felucia
    • September Update & Release Notes

It is the 2nd week of September, so we will likely see the first transmission this week. The transmission for the September Update itself (along with the release notes) will of course drop that week (either the 23rd or 24th).

Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Ahhh..okay thx just wondering

• Imladithil2002
    159 posts Member
    edited September 9
    Still no sign of the IA' s CT.

Yes, and since they never released a CT on a weekend and the last day before the update drops, the Patch notes are coming, they have only 10 days left to release 4 CTs. I think, we can expect the first CT this week and if we are lucky, it's the Instant Action CT.
    Next week we are getting most likely the Community Calendar :wink:.

What else can they say about the Commando that wasn't already said in the previous CT? Got proof he's getting one?

IA / Co-op could be in the same CT too.
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers