criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Instant Action & PvE Feedback

Replies

• I just realized that in instant action the heroes will have their name like COUNT DOOKU is Count Dooku so i wonder if they will count as the ai team size like will it only be the R1-00 type droids in like Arcade on the menu to see all the people playing
    Instant Action Saved The Offline Community!!

FRIENDLY FIRE -> ON/Off in IA
  • I just realized that in instant action the heroes will have their name like COUNT DOOKU is Count Dooku so i wonder if they will count as the ai team size like will it only be the R1-00 type droids in like Arcade on the menu to see all the people playing

Just another reason Instant Action will be better than any online multiplayer mode in a Star Wars game. It's much more immersive to see "Count Dooku" above his head rather than "StonedSniper420", or "RandomGamertag666", or "4LPH4NUM3R1C4LJ4RG0N".

Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter

Yea That's true not a ZiplocKicker369 name above THE FREAKING EMPEROR but I was wondering if the heroes/enforcers/vehicles/starfighters (hopefully, I think they're coming anyways) would count as troops and troop size like 20vs20 bots + heroes/enforcers etc. or 20vs20 which would be bots and (not +) heroes and such and be on the scoreboard.

• I wonder how long it will take to program the maps for the OT and ST for Instant action. If you think about it: Mos Eisley, Endor, Hoth, Yavin, Death Star 2 would be guaranteed maps for CS. If they do 1 a month that is 5 months. The ST has Jakku, Takodana, Starkiller base, Crait and Episode 9 planet meaning another 5 months. That means we would get support until July/August of next year.

Do you think they will give us groups of maps or 1 a month? A clump in the Fall (Nov.), maybe ST to tie into Ep. 9? A clump in the Spring for OT?
  • Oilerfan78 wrote: »
    I wonder how long it will take to program the maps for the OT and ST for Instant action. If you think about it: Mos Eisley, Endor, Hoth, Yavin, Death Star 2 would be guaranteed maps for CS. If they do 1 a month that is 5 months. The ST has Jakku, Takodana, Starkiller base, Crait and Episode 9 planet meaning another 5 months. That means we would get support until July/August of next year.

Do you think they will give us groups of maps or 1 a month? A clump in the Fall (Nov.), maybe ST to tie into Ep. 9? A clump in the Spring for OT?

Idk i would think ST first because of 9 planet, it would be weird if it was Clone Wars then ONE ST Map then go to OT and then back to ST so yeah

• Starmasui73146
    1241 posts Member
    edited September 10
    I personally loved the footage, because as KyloRen1992 said it is just work-in-progress. If the battles are that crazy and awesome in the footage already, I can only imagine how incredible they will be with vehicles thrown in!!

Are you sure you are recalling the right game mode? I'm pretty sure the mega intense footage from the video (i.e. : Naboo) that they said even seemed hard to beat was that of Online Co-op.
    @Starmasui73146 ohh I see. That would make it easier for the devs too, but for me personally, it's not needed.

I could see it happening though 👍

Not so sure I could see stamina options though.

Yeah it just...well...to be honest, watching the "Instant Action" many times through, I was bored. Most of the time ALL of the Command Posts were held by friendlies and when humans arrived most of the time (NOT all the time) there was no one there. The Villain was just to easy to drop as well. What footage I did see I was under-whelmed by how long the A.I. villain survived, his stamina was getting him killed. I...well...🥺 just was hoping the villain A.I. would be more intimidating I guess, that's all. I mean...don't get me wrong, I am crazy grateful to even have hero and villain A.I. but I guess I set my hopes to high that's all.😐

But trust me, whatever it is I will appreciate it none the less. 🙂
    That is kinda another reason why I want Friendly Fire, like you said you can't just throw a thermal imploder into the room with a bunch of teammates and not get punished for it you have to aim right, and know when to throw a grenade, you have to think before you act thx for reminding me.

Yeah I mean it just forces you to think, instead of just chaos. It adds an extra layer to the difficulty. If one doesn't like it they can just toggle it off, no big thing. 🙂

The "Istant Action" you were watching was a work in progress mode. That's why we didn't see vehicles, all AI heroes/villains, bots count, pre game settings, ecc...
    We have to wait a few days for the CT to understand something more.

Gosh thanks...that's a breath of fresh air. I just had a real stressful day yesterday it sure is nice to hear some encouraging words and news. Thank you ever so much. 🤗👍🏼
    “There is always hope.”
  • Are you sure you are recalling the right game mode? I'm pretty sure the mega intense footage from the video (i.e. : Naboo) that they said even seemed hard to beat was that of Online Co-op.

You're right, the awesome Naboo-footage was from the Co-op mode. But actually Co-op and Instant Action are sharing the same AI, so don't worry, IA will be great.
    I wonder how long it will take to program the maps for the OT and ST for Instant action. If you think about it: Mos Eisley, Endor, Hoth, Yavin, Death Star 2 would be guaranteed maps for CS. If they do 1 a month that is 5 months. The ST has Jakku, Takodana, Starkiller base, Crait and Episode 9 planet meaning another 5 months. That means we would get support until July/August of next year.

I imagine they would do one a month with some new OT and ST reinforcements sprinkled in along the way. That said, if you want them to continue to do all of this, we really need to be making sure we're making it financially motivating for them to do that. I spent $10 on crystals a couple weeks ago and intend to do so every time they release new dark side trooper skins.
  • I personally loved the footage, because as KyloRen1992 said it is just work-in-progress. If the battles are that crazy and awesome in the footage already, I can only imagine how incredible they will be with vehicles thrown in!!

Are you sure you are recalling the right game mode? I'm pretty sure the mega intense footage from the video (i.e. : Naboo) that they said even seemed hard to beat was that of Online Co-op.

Whilst the AI on IA Geonosis seemed easy to beat. What I'm talking about is that the battle itself was mad. With vehicles added and the difficulty tuned up, it'll be absolutely intense and awesome!!!!
    Instant Action is on the horizon! Thank you DICE so much for this incredible addition to the game!

I imagine they would do one a month with some new OT and ST reinforcements sprinkled in along the way. That said, if you want them to continue to do all of this, we really need to be making sure we're making it financially motivating for them to do that. I spent $10 on crystals a couple weeks ago and intend to do so every time they release new dark side trooper skins.

When/if they get split screen in IA, I will buy $50 in crystals.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Starmasui73146
    1241 posts Member
    edited September 11
    I personally loved the footage, because as KyloRen1992 said it is just work-in-progress. If the battles are that crazy and awesome in the footage already, I can only imagine how incredible they will be with vehicles thrown in!!

Whilst the AI on IA Geonosis seemed easy to beat. What I'm talking about is that the battle itself was mad. With vehicles added and the difficulty tuned up, it'll be absolutely intense and awesome!!!!

I love that word whilst. 👍🏼 Well any way...yeah, I mean I'm soooo grateful for things like A.I. villains and Enforcer Class A.I. and A.I. Destroyer Droids, words can not express. As for the experience of "Instant Action" I'm sure it will be every bit as intense as that "Co-op" mode from Naboo once it drops and they are finished polishing it off and even more so once the vehicles are in the game. I have faith in their abilities. It's all good. 😇

Wow you know I've been just thinking about how amazing "Instant Action" Command Posts would be on both Hoth Outpost Delta (2017) and Hoth Outpost Beta (2015).

Okay so Hoth Outpost Beta how it worked in the 2004 game was like this. The AT-AT was essentially a moving command post for the Empire. 🧐 🤔 All the rest of the command posts would be in a set position. The two AT-AT command posts can be endlessly respawned after being destroyed but they must start their march over again. The Rebels win if they seize all other command posts and then drop the two moving AT-AT command posts. For the Empire, they win once they takes all command posts and cuts off almost all reinforcements, save the field generator command post. When the AT-ATs drop the shield generator shields and destroys the only one permanent Rebel command post the Rebels lose the game.

Star Wars Battlefront 1 (2004) Hoth Outpost Beta

Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2005) Hoth Outpost Beta

Star Wars Battlefront 1 (2015) Hoth Outpost Beta

Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2017) Hoth Outpost Delta

Just imagine that on "Instant Action". I'm all for the Hoth Outpost Beta (2015) and Hoth Outpost Delta (2017) maps being ported over for "Instant Action." Honestly I think my friends would faint, I'd do triple flips. 🤣😂🤗😁

Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • I personally loved the footage, because as KyloRen1992 said it is just work-in-progress. If the battles are that crazy and awesome in the footage already, I can only imagine how incredible they will be with vehicles thrown in!!

I love that word whilst. 👍🏼 Well any way...yeah, I mean I'm soooo grateful for things like A.I. villains and Enforcer Class A.I. and A.I. Destroyer Droids, words can not express. As for the experience of "Instant Action" I'm sure it will be every bit as intense as that "Co-op" mode from Naboo once it drops and they are finished polishing it off and even more so once the vehicles are in the game. I have faith in their abilities. It's all good. 😇

Wow you know I've been just thinking about how amazing "Instant Action" Command Posts would be on both Hoth Outpost Delta (2017) and Hoth Outpost Beta (2015).

Okay so Hoth Outpost Beta how it worked in the 2004 game was like this. The AT-AT was essentially a moving command post for the Empire. 🧐 🤔 All the rest of the command posts would be in a set position. The two AT-AT command posts can be endlessly respawned after being destroyed but they must start their march over again. The Rebels win if they seize all other command posts and then drop the two moving AT-AT command posts. For the Empire, they win once they takes all command posts and cuts off almost all reinforcements, save the field generator command post. When the AT-ATs drop the shield generator shields and destroys the only one permanent Rebel command post the Rebels lose the game.

Star Wars Battlefront 1 (2004) Hoth Outpost Beta

Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2005) Hoth Outpost Beta

Star Wars Battlefront 1 (2015) Hoth Outpost Beta

Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2017) Hoth Outpost Delta

Just imagine that on "Instant Action". I'm all for the Hoth Outpost Beta (2015) and Hoth Outpost Delta (2017) maps being ported over for "Instant Action." Honestly I think my friends would faint, I'd do triple flips. 🤣😂🤗😁

Dude I have NO DOUBT in my mind that CS will be for Capital Supremacy, there are just TOO many good maps and opportunities to pass up like Hoth, Yavin IV, Endor, and Tatooine maybe Death Star II, Bespin (2015, Hopefully!!), and Kessel (probably not but whatever). That's 4-5 maybe 6 maps, Clone Wars has Naboo, Kamino, Kashyyyk, Geonosis, and (Upcoming) Felucia, that's 5.

• For Capital Supremacy in the Original Trilogy, I think we can safely bet on Yavin IV, Mos Eisley, Hoth, and Endor making the cut.

For brand-new maps, I think Bespin is the most likely. It's the one major planet from the Original Trilogy that hasn't been featured in any of the large-scale game modes, and it would also give DICE an opportunity to bring the Cloud Car from the single-player campaign to multiplayer as well as Instant Action.

Death Star II will most likely NOT come to Capital Supremacy. First of all, it makes no sense from a narrative perspective; why would the Rebels board the Death Star, just to capture command posts and then leave to board one of the dozens of Star Destroyers outside?

Second, the map has no air vehicles or ground vehicles. While the lack of vehicles wouldn't be a problem for Capital Supremacy, it would lessen the appeal for Instant Action. Even Kamino at least has starfighters in the second phase of Galactic Assault, and it will likely have them in Instant Action as well.

• Yeah It seems as though Death Star 2 won't make it :(

Hopefully we get Cloud City and Carbon Freezing chambers though. Everything about the planet Bespin is too cool to pass up on.
    Instant Action is on the horizon! Thank you DICE so much for this incredible addition to the game!
  • The Cloud City map would be great. Eventually they could use the Bespin map from the campaign, which looked really cool. But i wouldn't mind getting Sullust or Scarif or even Vardos.
  • Where are the IA and Co-Op CTs?
  • d2wg80pi3ftt.png

No mention of a PvE Community Transmission? I have a bad feeling about this...
  • d2wg80pi3ftt.png

As long as Instant Action and Co-op are on the Community Calendar for September, we should be okay.

It's also possible that Ben got the Clone Commando CT confused with the Instant Action CT... seeing as we already got a Community Transmission for the Commando in August, with a detailed breakdown of their abilities. Why would we need a second Clone Commando CT?

• d2wg80pi3ftt.png

As long as Instant Action and Co-op are on the Community Calendar for September, we should be okay.

It's also possible that Ben got the Clone Commando CT confused with the Instant Action CT... seeing as we already got a Community Transmission for the Commando in August, with a detailed breakdown of their abilities. Why would we need a second Clone Commando CT?

You're right with the Clone Commandos and i didn't thought about that. Concerning things on the roadmap i'm a bit distrustful, since CS have been delayed 3 times and the August Update was originally called the "New ways to play"-Update but perhaps you're also right about that one and i'm just worrying a bit too much...
  • Gothic_Mando
    1855 posts Member
    edited September 11
    d2wg80pi3ftt.png

IA is still coming this month guys 👍
    icz5bpbmg29l.png

But yeah.. ANOTHER CT about Clone Commandos (what else can they say about them?..) and seemingly no IA CT are very odd..
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

Instant Action confirmed!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^

• To be fair, the previous CT about them was pretty detailed 👍460d0q2vnvwq.jpg
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^

• So we have to wait till the 25th to see the details of the modes.

Probably the 24th for the patch notes.

Probably the 24th for the patch notes.

Yes. Ben said that IA and Co-Op will cover a bit of the patch notes.
    Can't wait for them.
  • Starmasui73146
    1241 posts Member
    edited September 11
    d2wg80pi3ftt.png
    Where are the IA and Co-Op CTs?

(1.) So the Felucia map Community Transmission details will likely be on the 18th in 8 days.

(2.) The "Instant Action"/ "Co-Op" Release Notes [aka Community Transmission] will likely fall on the 24th or 25th.

(3.) The "Instant Action" Offline, "Co-Op" Online and the Felucia map is likely one of the most request things since launch in 2015. Prepare yourselves people it will be here September 25th in 14 days and it's going to be sweet.
    “There is always hope.”
  • This will be truly awesome!!
  • Ben about Instant Action options:

f3xxk7hq0ntn.png

This keeps getting more and more awesome T minus 14 days soldiers!

f3xxk7hq0ntn.png

Yes! Difficulty is a MUST so i'm really happy.
    The fact that he said these are two options means that there will be more.

f3xxk7hq0ntn.png

I have been waiting for the large scale game mode so long, not to simplify it, using different option. So I will use only difficulty setting.
  • I don't know if you noticed, but we will be able to level up our troopers, reinforcements, heroes ecc while playing Co-Op.
  • Alright enable hero AI is a good option so that's pretty cool!!

That's great! Now hopefully There's more to it like Friendly Fire..

Probably not, since it's not in Arcade... and it's not something that a lot of people have requested for offline. Might wanna make a thread on Reddit or this forum if you really want it, I can't imagine it'd be too difficult for the devs to implement.

I imagine we'll have all of the customization options we have Team Battle, with some new additions specific to Instant Action; like tweaking the amount of time it takes to capture and a Command Post, enabling or disabling vehicles, starfighters, heroes, and reinforcements, that kind of thing.

And of course as we've seen in the Gamescom footage we will finally have the option to change our appearances mid-game for Instant Action, and likely Arcade as well. About time.

• As long as one of the options let's us enable or disable Starfighters like we can with the Hero AI than I will be happy :)

However I still eventually want the ST and OT maps as well.

Probably not, since it's not in Arcade... and it's not something that a lot of people have requested for offline. Might wanna make a thread on Reddit or this forum if you really want it, I can't imagine it'd be too difficult for the devs to implement.

I imagine we'll have all of the customization options we have Team Battle, with some new additions specific to Instant Action; like tweaking the amount of time it takes to capture and a Command Post, enabling or disabling vehicles, starfighters, heroes, and reinforcements, that kind of thing.

And of course as we've seen in the Gamescom footage we will finally have the option to change our appearances mid-game for Instant Action, and likely Arcade as well. About time.

I did post a forum on Suggestions and Gameplay discussion but of course they don't respond or anything, but not gonna cry or have a fus about it just something I WOULD LIKE to see in, and I do hope there is quite a bit of customization, I mean BF2 2005 did...right?

• Two weeks until Instant Action, let the countdown begin!
  • IA news sound great. Any news of Dreadnought & Venator maps coming for Arcade? I was hoping to get to play them while waiting for IA to arrive
  • IA news sound great. Any news of Dreadnought & Venator maps coming for Arcade? I was hoping to get to play them while waiting for IA to arrive

I think they said maybe if it gets love for hvv i think

• andytheavs wrote: »
    Two weeks until Instant Action, let the countdown begin!
    Oh yeah...bring it on baby!

i4i0853ht4zn.gif

i6x22ww2vsgy.png

“There is always hope.”
  • It all feels so awesome now!!! I can't wait!!!
  • Everyone!!! AI skins might be happening!!!

d59p59olphwa.bmp

d59p59olphwa.bmp

Literally just screenshotted that page to post that response here 😂

That's pretty great 👍 if it isn't too much work for them, I hope it happens!
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

• Starmasui73146
    1241 posts Member
    edited September 12
    Everyone!!! AI skins might be happening!!!

d59p59olphwa.bmp

Greatest news ever for this game. I'd love to pick what Clone Republic Company I'm in. Imagine all your friendly A.I. is that company, sooooo cool. Hmmmmm now if only I could figure out which one I'd want to join. Gosh this is a harder decision then I thought, so many skins, so little time, hah hah. I can't wait. The ultimate sand box approaches.

Imagine if we got Bespin and they gave us the Bespin uniforms or Scariff and the Sand Trooper uniform. There is just so many cool looks. "Instant Action" will just keep getting better and better.
    “There is always hope.”

d59p59olphwa.bmp

Greatest news ever for this game. I'd love to pick what Clone Republic Company I'm in. Imagine all your friendly A.I. is that company, sooooo cool. Hmmmmm now if only I could figure out which one I' d want to join. Gosh this is a harder decision then I thought, so many skins so little time, hah hah. I can't wait. The ultimate sand box approaches.

hopefully it's not just match MY skin maybe like if you want to be 501st but the AI to have 212th (idk) and stuff like that, but on a happy note...freaking AMAZING!!!!!

d59p59olphwa.bmp

Greatest news ever for this game. I'd love to pick what Clone Republic Company I'm in. Imagine all your friendly A.I. is that company, sooooo cool. Hmmmmm now if only I could figure out which one I'd want to join. Gosh this is a harder decision then I thought, so many skins, so little time, hah hah. I can't wait. The ultimate sand box approaches.

Imagine if we got Bespin and they gave us the Bespin uniforms or Scariff and the Sand Trooper uniform.

It is great isn't it?😊
    Gets better and better.

Shore Troopers for the Empire on Scariff would be amazing too. Definitely one of my favourite Imperial units from canon!
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

• We are so close guys. In 12 days we will be able to play as Obi Wan e fight AI Maul, Dooku or both...we could destroy horde of enemies on board of our TX130 or defend the last command post with a Clone Commando. Can't wait. Its a dream come true.

And we should create a team for Co-Op mode. It would be amazing playing that mode with you.
  • We are so close guys. In 12 days we will be able to play as Obi Wan e fight AI Maul, Dooku or both...we could destroy horde of enemies on board of our TX130 or defend the last command post with a Clone Commando. Can't wait. Its a dream come true.

And we should create a team for Co-Op mode. It would be amazing playing that mode with you.

For sure! I play on Xbox One ... my gamertag: DarthRuan123