criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

Instant Action & PvE Feedback

Replies

• Imladithil2002
    215 posts Member
    edited September 12
    We are so close guys. In 12 days we will be able to play as Obi Wan e fight AI Maul, Dooku or both...we could destroy horde of enemies on board of our TX130 or defend the last command post with a Clone Commando. Can't wait. Its a dream come true.

And we should create a team for Co-Op mode. It would be amazing playing that mode with you.

Yes, i really know, what you mean. I joined the community in August 2018 and i was amazed by the graphics and the characters i could play in Arcade (i hadn't have PS+ back then and i didn't play SWBF2015) but one day i saw an image of an AAT in the streets of Theed. I wanted to play there so badly, i wanted to play with vehicles and in a few days we all will be able to do so and to write our own Star Wars Story.

I agree, i wanted to play this mode anyway, so i would be in. I'm on PS4 and my gamertag is CaptainHolland77.
  • I'm on ps4 and my gamertag is gabbo_29_

C'mon guys let's create the best pve community!
    Instant Action - Thank you Dice!
  • Only1CookieMan1
    175 posts Member
    edited September 12
    I'm on ps4 and my gamertag is gabbo_29_

C'mon guys let's create the best pve community!

CAN'T WAIT!!! I've been with battlefront even before it started wayyyyy back in 2015.. I was SOO Excited when they announced and released Skirmish (offline but for 2015), and was really happy at first but then I stopped. It Just wasn't fun anymore, but then Battlefront 2 2017 along with Arcade was announced and again got really happy and excited for it, once I got it (like in October or something) I was SOO happy! Then got bored with Offline again...now they announced and are about to release Instant Action and Felucia, I don't think I'll EVER get bored. I feel like crying now..
    Instant Action Saved The Offline Community!!

FRIENDLY FIRE -> ON/Off in IA
  • We are so close guys. In 12 days we will be able to play as Obi Wan e fight AI Maul, Dooku or both...we could destroy horde of enemies on board of our TX130 or defend the last command post with a Clone Commando. Can't wait. Its a dream come true.

And we should create a team for Co-Op mode. It would be amazing playing that mode with you.

It really is!^^ it's gonna be amazing!! I've been part SoloPlayers since soon after it was created, back in late 2015 with the first EASWBF.

Crazy to think how much time has passed. But I wasnt ever expecting this to happen at all really, so it's an awesome surprise.

I remember the effort I've put into it too over the years, nothing extraordinary of course, but just promoting the group and it's aims, in various ways, getting the actor who played Boba in one of the rereleases, to join us too. All effort in proud of and really makes the mode even more rewarding to me personally 😊

I'd love to join a PvE community and play some co-op together! I'm Gothic_Mando on PS4!^^ Got a mic too! There's also the SoloPlayersMatter PS4 community group too!
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

Instant Action confirmed!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^

• I Friended all of you I'm Only1CookieMan

• One of the only reasons I'm holding out to see how this goes is the pvp matchmaking right now...
  • And we should ALL feel a sense of ...pridEAnd accomplishment too! For never giving up 😊👍

Well done everyone!^^

This is DICE's accomplishment, is it not? I mean, good for EA allowing DICE to devote resources to PvE, but the individuals at DICE who are working on the PvE modes deserve the gratitude. Anyway... pretty cool to hear about the possibility of skin customization options. It's funny because we all pretty exclusively start drooling over clone trooper skins when that option comes to mind, but of course there are plenty of rebel/storm trooper/droid skins too! Having said that, I would be all over the Kashyyyk trooper skins. Or anything with dark red. That is all. ;)
  • SAM4XE
    342 posts Member
    edited September 13
    andytheavs wrote: »
    And we should ALL feel a sense of ...pridEAnd accomplishment too! For never giving up 😊👍

Well done everyone!^^

This is DICE's accomplishment, is it not? I mean, good for EA allowing DICE to devote resources to PvE, but the individuals at DICE who are working on the PvE modes deserve the gratitude. Anyway... pretty cool to hear about the possibility of skin customization options. It's funny because we all pretty exclusively start drooling over clone trooper skins when that option comes to mind, but of course there are plenty of rebel/storm trooper/droid skins too! Having said that, I would be all over the Kashyyyk trooper skins. Or anything with dark red. That is all. ;)

Of course it's an accomplishment and the Dice Devs deserve gratitude but without the gaming community being passionate and vocal, I believe Instant action would never have become a reality.
    Post edited by SAM4XE on
  • SAM4XE wrote: »
    andytheavs wrote: »
    And we should ALL feel a sense of ...pridEAnd accomplishment too! For never giving up 😊👍

Well done everyone!^^

Of course it's an accomplishment and the Dice Devs deserve gratitude but without the gaming community being passionate and vocal, I believe Instant action would never have become a reality.

Absolutely, it's both 👍 Regardless of it's actual contribution to making it a reality, we should all be proud of ourselves and grateful to each other for our combined efforts to raise awareness of this request over the months or years.

Remember when folks said it would never happen? 😉

I considered adding in a "we mustn't forget all the hard work DICE have done for us too", but I think I've established that more than enough 👍
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^

• First_Order_of_Pizza
    130 posts Member
    edited September 14
    It's almost here. I can hardly wait. Been grinding Horde mode in Gears 5 a lot just anticipating Instant Action. When they add a 'match my skin' option, that's going to create so much more replayability and incentive to unlock EVERY single skin in the game. I never like playing the rebels or resistance, but if I could use the rebel and resistance skins that I unlock for my enemies, that would give me a lot more of a reason to grind to unlock all their skins.

More customizability = more variety = more replayability and a longer lifespan for the game.
  • If those skin options are really coming to Instant Action, i'd like to see these different choice options:

- Match my skin -> it's exactly, what you expect: every bot uses the skin the player selected
    - Choose the skin -> the player chooses one skin per trooper class
    - Mixed up skins -> the bots are using every skin the player has unlocked randomly

For heroes (and soon reinforcements) i'd be fine, if the AI uses the skin the player selected in the collection menu.
  • If those skin options are really coming to Instant Action, i'd like to see these different choice options:

- Match my skin -> it's exactly, what you expect: every bot uses the skin the player selected
    - Mixed up skins -> the bots are using every skin the player has unlocked randomly

For heroes (and soon reinforcements) i'd be fine, if the AI uses the skin the player selected in the collection menu.

For the heroes i would like Mixed up Skins for Heroes -> the Heroes will randomly use the skins the player has unlocked for that hero like Han Solo could have Beckett's Crew or Endor or Hoth If you have them unlocked

If those skin options are really coming to Instant Action, i'd like to see these different choice options:

For the heroes i would like Mixed up Skins for Heroes -> the Heroes will randomly use the skins the player has unlocked for that hero like Han Solo could have Beckett's Crew or Endor or Hoth If you have them unlocked

This soooo this.
    “There is always hope.”
  • It's almost here. I can hardly wait. Been grinding Horde mode in Gears 5 a lot just anticipating Instant Action. When they add a 'match my skin' option, that's going to create so much more replayability and incentive to unlock EVERY single skin in the game. I never like playing the rebels or resistance, but if I could use the rebel and resistance skins that I unlock for my enemies, that would give me a lot more of a reason to grind to unlock all their skins.

More customizability = more variety = more replayability and a longer lifespan for the game.

I've been on the fence about Gears 5, is it worth it? How fun are the co-op modes?
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

• For those who still don't understand why there is no split screen in IA.

• Loyaavod wrote: »
    For those who still don't understand why there is no split screen in IA.

Would a possible solution be to add HvV as Instant Action's second mode? It could be small and splitscreen-safe?
    Instant Action is on the horizon! Thank you DICE so much for this incredible addition to the game!

Would a possible solution be to add HvV as Instant Action's second mode? It could be small and splitscreen-safe?

For me, it would be fine. Perhaps in addition to HvV we could get Strike and Extraction to have some split-screen objective-based modes.

For me, it would be fine. Perhaps in addition to HvV we could get Strike and Extraction to have some split-screen objective-based modes.

I want Strike instead of Extraction but Extraction is most likely just a moving command post, Strike is like grab this thing then move to here and such but HvV definitely (possibly) in the future quite a bit of people are requesting it

• Jesbro
    630 posts Member
    edited September 15
    Loyaavod wrote: »

Unfortunately this is accurate for me as well. Did it split screen with my younger brother and it was so laggy with the FPS drops that it was borderline unplayable and overall not a pleasant experience.

Performance problems like that is probably why they unfortunately might never be able to add splitscreen for Instant Action.

And yes I still prefer Larger singleplayer battles on every map with Instant Action instead of small Arcade matches even though Arcade is playable splitscreen.

In fact the more I think about it the more I realize that this is probably why the Arcade matches are so small to begin with. Because split screen can't do anything bigger than 10 vs 10.
  • Only1CookieMan1
    175 posts Member
    edited September 15
    Jesbro wrote: »

Unfortunately this is accurate for me as well. Did it split screen with my younger brother and it was so laggy with the FPS drops that it was borderline unplayable and overall not a pleasant experience.

Performance problems like that is probably why they unfortunately might never be able to add splitscreen for Instant Action.

And yes I still prefer Larger singleplayer battles on every map with Instant Action instead of small Arcade matches even though Arcade is playable splitscreen.

In fact the more I think about it the more I realize that this is probably why the Arcade matches are so small to begin with. Because split screen can't do anything bigger than 10 vs 10.

Yea I didn't think about that too that 10 vs 10 is probably why but at least we have Arcade so if we want to play with a friend or loved one we can hop on Arcade and when you stop playing Splitscreen Arcade you could hop on Instant Action and play large scale with more bots and heroes/reinforcements/vehicles/starfighters..

• Jesbro wrote: »

What a shame! Only started playing BL2 recently - and in split screen no less! - and my friend and I love it! Pretty sure it's in 60 FPS too. Not choppy at all.

Of course that's a port of a PS3 game, though.

Jesbro wrote: »

Skirmish Walker Assault was only about 9 v 10 too, so it makes sense.
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

• Vertical Split-Screen is the Solution.
    Vertical Split-Screen consumes fewer resources.
    Sorry for my bad English.
  • There are ways to optimize it. If the devs can't optimize it, laggy split screen would be better than no split screen.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.

HvV split screen would be awesome.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Vertical Split-Screen is the Solution.
    Vertical Split-Screen consumes fewer resources.
    Sorry for my bad English.

I would be cool playing vertical split screen. The devs should do this.
  • Have the devs said why phase 2 of Capital Supremacy cant be on Instant Action?
    Does anyone know if they will add air vehicles?
  • There are ways to optimize it. If the devs can't optimize it, laggy split screen would be better than no split screen.

I hope for your sake, we do get splitscreen. I personally would never use it, but it would be great for those who prefer couch play. I guess they think that the coop mode will satisfy this request?
  • Llunots wrote: »
    Have the devs said why phase 2 of Capital Supremacy cant be on Instant Action?
    Does anyone know if they will add air vehicles?

According to one of the Youtube Gamechangers, he said the developers told him at Gamescom that Starfighter will be in for Instant Action. I hope so, but I kind of doubt it. I'm hoping we get the Capital ship interiors, at least for Arcade, next month in October
  • 10 more days and we'll all be enjoying large scale offline battles! So excited about the hero AI as well!
  • I'm itching to play Instant Action right now, especially with this ridiculous "Boots on the Ground" event going on. No vehicles or Heroes in Capital Supremacy or Galactic Assault? The release of Instant Action means that we'll have an alternative when this kind of event goes live from now on.

Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Starmasui73146
    1388 posts Member
    edited September 16
    @Forge

Things that Star Wars Battlefront (2004 and 5) can do that I really want to see in DICE's completely Offline "Instant Action" game mode eventually (not necessarily at launch):

(1.) The ability to issue orders to two A.I.:
    move out = disperse
    hold position = defend this spot
    follow me = one or two troopers will follow you and help protect you and help in your objective
    at ease = cancels out a past command

Since we already have issued emotes in the left and right D-Pad, perhaps we could use up D-Pad. You would press up and it would give you a serious of command options to select from, like the emote wheel except they would be tactical in nature.

Keep in mind using an emote wheel system allows for way more possible orders to choose from like: "Plant a turret," "Deploy a grenade," "Duck down," "Go prone and snipe," etc, etc...

(2.) The ability to completely control vehicles - moving them left, right, forward and backwards (including the AT-AT) just like the SWBF (2004) game. Yes believe it or not you could back up the AT-AT on Renvar.

(3.) Engineer Trooper/ Regulator class - can repair stationary turrets with fusion cutter, can use cutting torch to highjack enemy vehicles, carries a detonite charge, similar to the SWBF (2005) game, can blow bridges or repair them.

(4.) Galactic Conquest - conquering worlds and be able to select after a while a planet to blow up with the Deathstar (if your the Empire) and then one more time a little while latter in the hour (if you do well), just like the SWBF (2004) game. If your playing SWBF (2004) I would recommend choosing Naboo (to destroy the Gungan race but that's just me) and Kashyyyk (because it is a struggle to beat the village map against the high in health Wookies).

(5.) Starfighters available to grab in the field (not the bottom spawn in screen) and be able to land and take off again - By the way this is in the Star Wars Battlefront 2 campaign so we already have it programmed, they just need to implement it.

(6.) Shadow Trooper and Bothan Spy -
    Abilities: cloak
    Rules: They become visible if
    A.) they fire
    B.) they melee
    C.) they run

(7.) The Ability to Retract Bridges on Deathstar2 - Currently in Arcade we can not do that. Hopefully we can in "Instant Action". Oh and can you speed waaaaaay up the retraction of the ramp so we can make A.I. plummet to there doom, thank you. It was so fun to do in the 2004 and 2005 games, thanks again. 😎👍🏼
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • I'm more excited for the Instant Action update than I am for Doom Eternal, Death Stranding, Darksiders Genesis or Call of Duty. Hopefully we get more Instant Action content in October and November.
  • Starmasui73146
    1388 posts Member
    edited September 16
    Oilerfan78 wrote: »
    I'm more excited for the Instant Action update than I am for Doom Eternal, Death Stranding, Darksiders Genesis or Call of Duty. Hopefully we get more Instant Action content in October and November.

Well being that they intend to continue to support this game well into 2020, we have great hope.

“There is always hope.”
  • I wonder when the next update to the roadmap will be?
  • Oilerfan78 wrote: »
    I wonder when the next update to the roadmap will be?

Probably October or November. Maybe then we'll get more details on the new Reinforcements coming in October/November as well as the new Sequel Trilogy Reinforcements coming as part of the Rise of Skywalker update, Reinforcement Appearances, and the new Luke Skywalker appearance.

• We need to make sure Ben and the mods know to come here for offline feedback. This is THE definitive thread for it, i had it bookmarked but lost it, love the new title for this thread btw! Solo players truly do matter and they listened! Kudos dice and we shall all help instant action become what it deserves to be :)
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    We need to make sure Ben and the mods know to come here for offline feedback. This is THE definitive thread for it, i had it bookmarked but lost it, love the new title for this thread btw! Solo players truly do matter and they listened! Kudos dice and we shall all help instant action become what it deserves to be :)

^ This, This I Like!

We need to make sure Ben and the mods know to come here for offline feedback. This is THE definitive thread for it, i had it bookmarked but lost it, love the new title for this thread btw! Solo players truly do matter and they listened! Kudos dice and we shall all help instant action become what it deserves to be :)

^ This, This I Like!

The force is with you. I'm seriously as stoked for instant action as I was for the game to launch lol I'm hoping they bring all eras to capital supremacy and therefore all eras to offline!
    mastery0ta wrote: »

^ This, This I Like!

The force is with you. I'm seriously as stoked for instant action as I was for the game to launch lol I'm hoping they bring all eras to capital supremacy and therefore all eras to offline!

guess this is planned.

But tbh I will be missing star fighters / star fighter assault in instant action..

^ This, This I Like!

People are really requesting it. For Dice to bring OT and ST to Capital Supremacy is 100% for me, I think it will come, just give them time. :smile:

• I am very looking forward to the mode! Can't wait to play on the streets of Naboo with Anakin and duel against AI from Droidekas and Darth Maul ... with respect to other eras, bad guess is that first, besides CW, we will receive ST with the release of The Rise of Skywalker, and next year we'll get OT maps
  • I'm itching to play Instant Action right now, especially with this ridiculous "Boots on the Ground" event going on. No vehicles or Heroes in Capital Supremacy or Galactic Assault? The release of Instant Action means that we'll have an alternative when this kind of event goes live from now on.
    Boots On The Ground ruled and a large scale trooper mode was why I bought this game. The GA matches during this event were the most competitive I’ve ever played in this game, and I’m looking forward to IA to play a large scale mode without hero’s again. To each his own.

• PorchWar wrote: »
    I'm itching to play Instant Action right now, especially with this ridiculous "Boots on the Ground" event going on. No vehicles or Heroes in Capital Supremacy or Galactic Assault? The release of Instant Action means that we'll have an alternative when this kind of event goes live from now on.
    Boots On The Ground ruled and a large scale trooper mode was why I bought this game. The GA matches during this event were the most competitive I’ve ever played in this game, and I’m looking forward to IA to play a large scale mode without hero’s again. To each his own.

I agree, the weekend was about skill not cheap heroes, not trying to brag but that's the reason why I got first twice in a row and on the leaderboard a lot in GA and CS because no hero/vehicle/starfighter ruining my streak it was so much fun and challenging to play only the people complaining that it sucked had literally NO skill, because cheap heroes get them that skill and make them look great..

• Aryck-The-One
    1660 posts Member
    edited September 17
    the people complaining that it sucked had literally NO skill, because cheap heroes get them that skill and make them look great..

Or maybe the people complaining about it go into large-scale modes like Capital Supremacy and Galactic Assault specifically to enjoy the complete Battlefront II sandbox, including vehicles, reinforcements, heroes, and starfighters in one epic battle. When you take away half of those things, it's going to upset much of the game's core fanbase.

We want to use vehicles and heroes because they're fun, not to get easy killstreaks.

• the people complaining that it sucked had literally NO skill, because cheap heroes get them that skill and make them look great..

Or maybe the people complaining about it go into large-scale modes like Capital Supremacy and Galactic Assault specifically to enjoy the complete Battlefront II sandbox, including vehicles, reinforcements, heroes, and starfighters in one epic battle. When you take away half of those things, it's going to upset much of the game's core fanbase.

We want to use vehicles and heroes because they're fun, not to get easy killstreaks.

yes but it is no fun to any one else that they have to use a hero to be good and keep on killing them

• the people complaining that it sucked had literally NO skill, because cheap heroes get them that skill and make them look great..

yes but it is no fun to any one else that they have to use a hero to be good and keep on killing them

If you don't want to play against other players who use Heroes, there's always Blast or Strike. Heroes, vehicles, and starfighters are all integral parts of Star Wars: Battlefront II, especially for Capital Supremacy and Galactic Assault. You might as well go into Starfighter Assault and complain that everyone uses starfighters.

• mastery0ta
    6402 posts Member
    edited September 17

^ This, This I Like!

People are really requesting it. For Dice to bring OT and ST to Capital Supremacy is 100% for me, I think it will come, just give them time. :smile:

I sure hope so too. This game is finally approaching or surpassing old BF2 when it comes to offline. And that's all i really wanted truly. Play the maps and eras I want large scale at my leisure
  • Oilerfan78 wrote: »
    There are ways to optimize it. If the devs can't optimize it, laggy split screen would be better than no split screen.

I hope for your sake, we do get splitscreen. I personally would never use it, but it would be great for those who prefer couch play. I guess they think that the coop mode will satisfy this request?

Thank you for the comment. IMO, online co-op is no where near as much fun as couch co-op.