criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Battle Point Event
Focused Feedback

Instant Action & PvE Feedback

Replies

• Now, in arcade you can get 200/250 credits instead of 100/125 per match

Really, I wonder what IA will give us 100-125 or 200-225???
    Instant Action Saved The Offline Community!!

FRIENDLY FIRE -> ON/Off in IA
  • According to the video we are getting playable AT-TE on Felucia. Unfortunately, Instant Action is the name for new mode, not the new way of playing.
  • Well I unfortunately just lost a huge ton of my hype for Instant Action and here is why:

That's it?

That is all we get for "customization" for Instant Action matches?

I wasn't expecting much but this is still even way less than the minimum we actually need !!!

This is very dissapointing, especially if the Starfighters and Gunship are not available at all !!!
  • The only option i want is "select the gamemode", even if there is only one mode, i want to be sure that we will get a new one at some point.
  • Jesbro wrote: »
    Well I unfortunately just lost a huge ton of my hype for Instant Action and here is why:

That's it?

That is all we get for "customization" for Instant Action matches?

I wasn't expecting much but this is still even way less than the minimum we actually need !!!

This is very dissapointing, especially if the Starfighters and Gunship are not available at all !!!

How do you know if Starfighters aren't a default?
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg

Rule 39: Never say no to Bacta

When you have been playing since launch Cool kid 8)

I want to make a squad of 4 Commandos and then scream "FORM UP DELTA SQUAD"

We need Delta Squad Commando skins.
  • Did you notice that in the video, on the CO-OP side, we have a brief appearance of Geonosis GA with a command post? Imagine if we get both maps of Geonosis, it would be awesome!
  • Had to log in just to say the following....
    @Jesbro that is the most entitled response from you I have to say. Ive been watching these forums for months without bothering to log in, as ive not had anything to add other than my thanks to the dice team for adding all this. But going off on a rant about a lack of options on a mode that shouldn't even exist? That my friend is almost Blazur levels of wrong.
    P.s. hi @Gothic_Mando how you doing?
  • Imladithil2002
    224 posts Member
    edited September 23
    Did you notice that in the video, on the CO-OP side, we have a brief appearance of Geonosis GA with a command post? Imagine if we get both maps of Geonosis, it would be awesome!

I hope so too. Most likely we are just getting Trippa Hive for Co-op and Pipeline Junction West for IA. But we will know for sure tomorrow, when the Patch Notes arrive.
  • PopoTateo wrote: »
    Had to log in just to say the following....
    @Jesbro that is the most entitled response from you I have to say. Ive been watching these forums for months without bothering to log in, as ive not had anything to add other than my thanks to the dice team for adding all this. But going off on a rant about a lack of options on a mode that shouldn't even exist? That my friend is almost Blazur levels of wrong.
    P.s. hi @Gothic_Mando how you doing?

Agreed.

Don't worry, I've made the same point to Jesbro on Twitter and he seems to have relented.

Please everyone, keep in mind THEY NEVER HAD TO MAKE THIS.

I'm not saying don't ask for more if you want it, but please keep a level head about it, and please be respectful too. Anger like this has no place, not for this game anymore anyway.i64d8kzf1bu4.jpg
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

Instant Action confirmed!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^

• uvicwh0kwuza.jpg

Anyway,
    Hi @PopoTateo !!

Good to know you're still around and to see you back! I'm great man, how are you?^^

Wednesday is gonna be awesome!
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^

• It's very irritating, that Dennis enumerates 3 of the 4 (i don't count "Location" as a wholesome option) game modifiers in the CU video, but he didn't enumerate the fourth but said instead "and much more". Perhaps it's an older piece of footage and we are getting more options (?). Personally i don't see, why we shouldn't be able to start the match as a hero or a vehicle.
  • It's very irritating, that Dennis enumerates 3 of the 4 (i don't count "Location" as a wholesome option) game modifiers in the CU video, but he didn't enumerate the fourth but said instead "and much more". Perhaps it's an older piece of footage and we are getting more options (?). Personally i don't see, why we shouldn't be able to start the match as a hero or a vehicle.

Slightly odd phrasing yeah, but it could also mean "much more to be added later".

Sure, I'm clutching at straws here, but most of the basics are there. And let's be fair: the majority of SoloPlayers are people who enjoyed the old games' Instant Action Conquest mode, did that have a plethora of custom options? Nah and yet tons of us still play it to this day.

Custom options aren't a huge deal in my opinion. The baseline experience is there, more or less. You've got to ask yourself when or if you'll ever be truly satisfied or just constantly asking for more.
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

• Please make it also playable online for coop or vs private matches !
  • I can't describe how much i'm happy right now.
    People dont need to be angry if we are not getting something. We must be grateful for the large scale objective based offline mode that we have been asking for years and the fact that dice is also giving us AI reinforcements and heroes and vehicles.

There were only few modifiers that i cared about: difficulty to have a challenging game and lenght to enjoy a good match and feel like you are fighting a real battle.
    Those were the most important options and we have them.

Btw, Felucia looks amazing and god.....we are getting Farmboy Luke.
    Instant Action - Thank you Dice!
  • I was right! Battle point gain was an option!! I still don't know why I coudln't find any evidence for it until now though!!

FELUCIA LOOKS AMAZING!!! THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST UPDATE EVER!!!
    Instant Action is on the horizon! Thank you DICE so much for this incredible addition to the game!
  • I'd like to welcome everyone to the very last Monday that BF2 has no instant action. I also agree with most of the folks here when it pertains to the comment by @Jesbro and I think @Gothic_Mando nailed the point of this mode being a minor miracle in itself right on the head, also the fact that we KNOW they will be adding to this mode moving forward, I just don't see how this would "Kill a ton of excitement".

The comment was bad in 2 ways, first, it was extremely juvenile and has the tone of a petulant child. Second, I think it was a comment made entirely on the spur of reactionary emotion but it diminishes the entire community by giving the false impression to Twitter and DICE that this is the attitude of a majority of the offline community when the profile picture looks official (it's a great profile pic btw) and has the Solo players matter hashtag displayed right there at the top. You just have to represent better than that if you are going to display in that manner.
  • Sure, I'm clutching at straws here, but most of the basics are there. And let's be fair: the majority of SoloPlayers are people who enjoyed the old games' Instant Action Conquest mode, did that have a plethora of custom options? Nah and yet tons of us still play it to this day.

Absolutely! I'm happy with anything, that comes with and to IA, so that's enough for me. The only thing that's a "have-to" thing, is adding the other eras to IA, when they are coming to CS.
  • @Gothic_Mando
    Yeah I’m good. Surprised we are getting all this added if I’m totally honest. I expected 20v20 death match with vehicles, or Supremacy at the most. I never thought there would be hero ai. So I have nothing but respect for them to add that feature. The option to turn them off is a good move to. I know there will be times I just want an all out trooper war.
    Does Blazur still visit? Or did he tuck tail as soon as he realised he lost? 😂
    What do you think the round length timer option is? A simple time limit and highest percentage wins? Or possibly you need a higher percentage to win? Hopefully the later, as I’m not keen on an epic battle ending cos a timer runs out.
    I was also thinking about the other eras. What if each era had a different mode?
    Conquest for the prequel era, something like turning point for the sequel era. Then good old walker assault for the OT? I’m pretty sure that’s a waaaaay off idea. But would be cool none the less.

• Where Blazur now? He was talking smack since EA 2015 game about never being an IA. F HIM. 2 more days .....The wait was worth it.

All we need is other era's and to some options on bot count.
  • SAM4XE
    353 posts Member
    edited September 23
    Rumours on twitter that Ai controlled vehicles won't make it in Wednesday's Instant action and co-op modes. Hope it's not true.
    Post edited by SAM4XE on
  • Jesbro
    630 posts Member
    edited September 23
    Yes I am very sorry it came out like that.

It was supposed to be criticism but instead came out like a rant and unfortunately there is no edit option on Twitter.

Would delete the tweet but then the responses would look out of place.

Yes I am very happy for what we are getting !!!

But at the same time they do need feedback on what doesn't work and what might need to be added or changed to make it better in the end.

That was the original intent of that tweet but unfortunately it came out bad and for that I am truly sorry.
  • Well we can only hope that they don't forget about the mode after this update and update it with more options and split screen.

I love to play Instant Action in split screen.
    Now, in arcade you can get 200/250 credits instead of 100/125 per match

Is anything else changed in Arcade? If they don't end up doing split screen in IA, I hope they add hero AI to Arcade.

I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Another thing i noticed in the CU video, was at the moment, where you can see the game mode menu (Campaign - Instant Action - Arcade). If you look closely, you'll notice, that on Arcade it is written "1 player" instead of "1-2 players" and "Splitscreen". I don't know, what to think about it.
  • Another thing i noticed in the CU video, was at the moment, where you can see the game mode menu (Campaign - Instant Action - Arcade). If you look closely, you'll notice, that on Arcade it is written "1 player" instead of "1-2 players" and "Splitscreen". I don't know, what to think about it.

Maybe they got Hero and Reinforcement AI to work in Arcade but only singleplayer?

Since when?

Since when?

Must be since today. It wasn't a thing yesterday.
  • Split screen and private matches for coop or vs in Instant Action ! All full maps, each era ! Please guys support !
  • From the video: "In October you will be able to choose your faction as well and play through a combination of attack and defend scenarios depending on the planet."

Yes...it just keeps getting better.

That screenshot is from the PC version. Since there's no splitscreen in Arcade, it's always said '1 player' for them. Trust me, they're not removing split screen from Arcade on consoles. They'd recieve a ridiculous amount of backlash if they did that.
  • MajorChief_IX
    212 posts Member
    edited September 23
    Campaign, Arcade and Instant Action now fall under the "Singeplayer" bracket!! This game has become something truly great!!!

Also, I'm pleased to see Instant Action using the same UI as Arcade, it works really well!!!
    Instant Action is on the horizon! Thank you DICE so much for this incredible addition to the game!
  • Very Excited for this! man I never thought we would ever get Instant Action for Battlefront II. I really didn't and Felucia lookin' fine. I am 99.99% sure that that won't only be the customization that we get, sure at launch but I think they will add not that much more but more...

• I really hope the hero stamina has been tweaked. It was painful watching Dooku block all his stamina away then get melted all from a safe distance. That seems like a sure way to defeat a lightsaber hero with any blaster. Perhaps having an option to remove blocking stamina for heroes? Either that or make the blocking so its super accurate when deflecting? I’m still hoping it looked so easy because it was defaulted to easy mode. I will find out Wednesday, as I’m going straight into it on the hardest difficulty.
  • Split screen and private matches for coop or vs in Instant Action ! All full maps, each era ! Please guys support !

PvE content wise this is all I want. Private matches and OT/ST instant action
  • Keep your expectations low guys. I am talking about the fact of ATTE being offline, Trippa Hive being a new IA map, starfighters, ground vehicles (didn't see them on the CU so I am confused) and the customisation options. I am very happy they added a Conquest mode but that doesn't mean I expect everything, I expect nothing in fact.
    Let's hope we are somewhere satisfied on Wednesday. And finally to the people defending the team that WE SHOULD BE GRATEFUL and that THEY NEVER HAD TO DO THIS. Actually they should concentrate more on Offline rather than Online. Battlefront 2015 is almost dead on DLC rotations for not doing so, and the Old Battlefront are so well rated because making a great complete Offline Modes.
  • Sure, I'm clutching at straws here, but most of the basics are there. And let's be fair: the majority of SoloPlayers are people who enjoyed the old games' Instant Action Conquest mode, did that have a plethora of custom options? Nah and yet tons of us still play it to this day.

The only thing that's a "have-to" thing, is adding the other eras to IA, when they are coming to CS.

Agreed! To not add other eras would be a shame, sounds like they could be working on that soon though!^^
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

• Llunots wrote: »
    Keep your expectations low guys. I am talking about the fact of ATTE being offline, Trippa Hive being a new IA map, starfighters, ground vehicles (didn't see them on the CU so I am confused) and the customisation options. I am very happy they added a Conquest mode but that doesn't mean I expect everything, I expect nothing in fact.
    Let's hope we are somewhere satisfied on Wednesday. And finally to the people defending the team that WE SHOULD BE GRATEFUL and that THEY NEVER HAD TO DO THIS. Actually they should concentrate more on Offline rather than Online. Battlefront 2015 is almost dead on DLC rotations for not doing so, and the Old Battlefront are so well rated because making a great complete Offline Modes.

I thought that starfighters/vehicles were coming just not at launch.

Keep your expectations low guys. I am talking about the fact of ATTE being offline, Trippa Hive being a new IA map, starfighters, ground vehicles (didn't see them on the CU so I am confused) and the customisation options. I am very happy they added a Conquest mode but that doesn't mean I expect everything, I expect nothing in fact.

But that's not the way most of these multiplayer shooters are designed anymore. Offline IS often just an afterthought. So my point still stands.
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

But that's not the way most of these multiplayer shooters are designed anymore. Offline IS often just an afterthought. So my point still stands.

Just because you or anyone else on here (myself partially included) believes there should be more offline content, doesn't mean they owe it to you. Games aren't made that way so much anymore, most people do play multiplayer in these types of shooters.

And there's no harm in acknowledging that fact by showing gratitude when we get great offline content. The devs aren't your enemy, a little thank you and appreciation for their hard and the fact that times have changed isn't robbing you of anything.
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

• I was right! Battle point gain was an option!! I still don't know why I coudln't find any evidence for it until now though!!

FELUCIA LOOKS AMAZING!!! THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST UPDATE EVER!!!

Do we know if bots will be held to battle point gain as well or do they just be whatever they want from the start of the match?
  • I think if they weren't going to add vehicles or starfighters or them being held back they would told us

• I think if they weren't going to add vehicles or starfighters or them being held back they would told us

Not necessarily but on the other hand, when was the last time they released content that didn't have features that were detailed in a community transmission?
  • 1 Day to GO!!

I don't know. DICE has a way about them when it comes to vagueness. Dennis did say they would aim to have them done by launch, but maybe they could not get the AI vehicles ready in time for this update to be certified by Sony and MS. I sure wish they could get more developers dedicated to this game and fix/finish things in a timely manner. The wording of the EA description for the COOP/IA mode does not include the word "vehicles". I guess we'll find out tomorrow in the patch notes. I still think Starfighters are a long shot.
  • IA looks great by traileri! Now we only need other eras for IA, Dreadnought & Venator for Arcade and Starfighter Assault and I am good :)
  • Oilerfan78 wrote: »
    I think if they weren't going to add vehicles or starfighters or them being held back they would told us

The wording of the EA description for the COOP/IA mode does not include the word "vehicles". I guess we'll find out tomorrow in the patch notes. I still think Starfighters are a long shot.

Unless you're referring to some other description, you can clearly see the word "vehicles" mentioned being used by the ai in last months CT.

gqpdu40fidxn.jpg

• Whelp, my mind-brain (also my head) is officially confused. Dennis states "configure AI difficulty, battle point earn rates, match length, and much more." And yet the screen we are viewing while he says this contains only 5 options. So we are left to assume that "much more" = the location option and the enemy hero on/off option. That or the screen in the video is not what we will encounter when the update actually drops.
    In either case, it was presented in an odd way but there is no point in flipping a bit right now when we'll be able to see it all first hand so soon. Then we can let the praise and/or POSITIVE and CONSTRUCTIVE suggestions flow through the forum. Fingers crossed, T - 1ish day! B)