criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Instant Action & PvE Feedback

Replies

• SAM4XE
    387 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    if your on pc droideks and clone commandos/all hero's/offline co-op have all been modded into the game already.

I can confirm that ai for droidekas, clone commandos and the rest of the clone wars hero's/villains are fully functional and just need to be enabled in the game. I can see no reason why they all shouldn't make it into this month's update.
  • Syomare wrote: »
    I have got It! Custom battle scenarios ! I put together several game modes and filled in the gaps with my imagination . First I played arcade star fighter on the ryloth map as maul because the map looks alot like the blockade from episode one. Then I played a onslaught match in the naboo hanger map again using my imagination as if I landed in the hanger after the dog fight in space, fighting my way though clones to make my way to the streets of naboo . Finely I played a match of I.A on naboo for the last part of the scenario . It was amazing , I felt like maul sent to naboo by his master to retake the planet . With more options added to I.A , like a option after the meter is filled to 100 you would have to defeat the enemy hero in a dual before you win the match .I could have set obiwan to be the enemy hero and had a epic "boss fight " to finish the scenario . Tell me my fellow I.A fans if custom battle scenarios is something you would like to see come to battlefront ?

One thing I enjoy doing now that we have both modes is to create storylines as well! After fighting on the streets of Naboo, I went to the throne room to defend it from the "final assault".

After a battle of Kashyyyk, I took to the Arcade treetops map for the final skirmish. Arcade and Instant Action are perfect together because on provides large scale action, whilst the other lets the smaller maps thrive. One cannot exist without the other because you'd miss out on some great small/large maps.

And then on Arcade, I made a little storyline where my Death Trooper character pursued some Rebel escapees all the way from Kessel to The Death Star and Endor. It is really good fun!

I really like the storyline you made for Maul! It warms my heart to see someone still doing that kind of thing.

This is one of the reason why I'd love to have the Capital Ships in IA, because they are generic locations which you could apply any storyline to, thousands of capital ships were in the Clone Wars so the story possibilities are limitless!
    I too believe they should add the ship phase to I.A , but instead of it being like C.S where you go back and forth you get just one chance to destroy the ship. If you don't destroy the ship you lose the match . So if you lose the ground battle you still have a chance win the match . They would have to put control points in the capital ships instead of firing at certain points like the online mode so you could play without the servers . Thats also why their would be just the one boarding phase . They could also make it completely different where after you win the first phase , for instant on naboo after getting your meter to 100 the game could load the thorne room for a one on one dual or two on two. Really however you want to set up your match.
  • SAM4XE wrote: »
    if your on pc droideks and clone commandos/all hero's/offline co-op have all been modded into the game already.

I can confirm that ai for droidekas, clone commandos and the rest of the clone wars hero's/villains are fully functional and just need to be enabled in the game. I can see no reason why they all shouldn't make it into this month's update.

Yep, I just got that same mod. 32v32, all the glitched heroes are fixed, friendly hero AI enabled, commandos/droideka AI enabled. Every little addition like this makes Instant Action come alive even more. It's great! Can't wait for the vehicle additions and really hope starfighters happen too. It will be such amazing chaos on the battlefront!
    Syomare wrote: »
    I have got It! Custom battle scenarios ! I put together several game modes and filled in the gaps with my imagination . First I played arcade star fighter on the ryloth map as maul because the map looks alot like the blockade from episode one. Then I played a onslaught match in the naboo hanger map again using my imagination as if I landed in the hanger after the dog fight in space, fighting my way though clones to make my way to the streets of naboo . Finely I played a match of I.A on naboo for the last part of the scenario . It was amazing , I felt like maul sent to naboo by his master to retake the planet . With more options added to I.A , like a option after the meter is filled to 100 you would have to defeat the enemy hero in a dual before you win the match .I could have set obiwan to be the enemy hero and had a epic "boss fight " to finish the scenario . Tell me my fellow I.A fans if custom battle scenarios is something you would like to see come to battlefront ?

One thing I enjoy doing now that we have both modes is to create storylines as well! After fighting on the streets of Naboo, I went to the throne room to defend it from the "final assault".

After a battle of Kashyyyk, I took to the Arcade treetops map for the final skirmish. Arcade and Instant Action are perfect together because on provides large scale action, whilst the other lets the smaller maps thrive. One cannot exist without the other because you'd miss out on some great small/large maps.

And then on Arcade, I made a little storyline where my Death Trooper character pursued some Rebel escapees all the way from Kessel to The Death Star and Endor. It is really good fun!

I really like the storyline you made for Maul! It warms my heart to see someone still doing that kind of thing.

This is one of the reason why I'd love to have the Capital Ships in IA, because they are generic locations which you could apply any storyline to, thousands of capital ships were in the Clone Wars so the story possibilities are limitless!
    I too believe they should add the ship phase to I.A , but instead of it being like C.S where you go back and forth you get just one chance to destroy the ship. If you don't destroy the ship you lose the match . So if you lose the ground battle you still have a chance win the match . They would have to put control points in the capital ships instead of firing at certain points like the online mode so you could play without the servers . Thats also why their would be just the one boarding phase . They could also make it completely different where after you win the first phase , for instant on naboo after getting your meter to 100 the game could load the thorne room for a one on one dual or two on two. Really however you want to set up your match.

I really wish the co op had more options too. Like why does it have to be 4 players only? Why can't you just have 2? So you and your best mate can create your on scenario and have a blast living your star wars fantasy as you team up as your favorite characters and blast and slash though hordes of enemies. It's just to limited for me.
  • SAM4XE
    387 posts Member
    andytheavs wrote: »
    SAM4XE wrote: »

Yep, I just got that same mod. 32v32, all the glitched heroes are fixed, friendly hero AI enabled, commandos/droideka AI enabled. Every little addition like this makes Instant Action come alive even more. It's great! Can't wait for the vehicle additions and really hope starfighters happen too. It will be such amazing chaos on the battlefront!

I was inaccurate when I said ai droidekas were fully functioning. The ai for droidekas are still a WIP.

I really wish the co op had more options too. Like why does it have to be 4 players only? Why can't you just have 2? So you and your best mate can create your on scenario and have a blast living your star wars fantasy as you team up as your favorite characters and blast and slash though hordes of enemies. It's just to limited for me.

Perhaps one step further: why not add online splitscreen for Co-op? I understand, that there are performance issues with splitscreen in IA, because the bots act hardware-sided, but what about server-sided bots in Co-op?
  • Gothic_Mando
    2030 posts Member
    edited October 2019

What's wrong with playing with a couple other people too? I understand wanting everything, but the experience isn't really hindered by a couple other players. I think Co-op is fantastic and it's where I spend the majority of my time in Battlefront now.

Allowing you to play with a smaller number of people means you'd either be at a massive disadvantage because it's usually scaled to 4 players, or have the experience scale down per number of players. That's probably a lot more work too. And what happens if a player leaves or enters mid-match? The experience suddenly bumps up or down? Are they even able to do that?
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

Instant Action confirmed!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^

• they just need to give you the option to play public games, or private games or invite friends.

What's wrong with playing with a couple other people too? I understand wanting everything, but the experience isn't really hindered by a couple other players. I think Co-op is fantastic and it's where I spend the majority of my time in Battlefront now.

Allowing you to play with a smaller number of people means you'd either be at a massive disadvantage because it's usually scaled to 4 players, or have the experience scale down per number of players. That's probably a lot more work too. And what happens if a player leaves or enters mid-match? The experience suddenly bumps up or down? Are they even able to do that?

Nothing is wrong with playing with more people ,but I pefer to play with people I know in co op so u can communicate and most of the time my friends and I are not playing at the same time. As for performance , I don't see how that would be a issue ? Their is really no incentive to work together as the matchs tend to funnel you and your team mates towards your goal. I just really would like the option to play with how many people I want or even play solo. For Honor does this well. You might be the only person on your team with 3 bots as allies or play with randoms. Plus you have the option to play solo if you wish. Now that I think about it For honor has alot of options battlefront 2 could benefit from . Skirmish in battlefront 2015 was fun in co op. Especially when both of you got the hero pick ups.

Perhaps one step further: why not add online splitscreen for Co-op? I understand, that there are performance issues with splitscreen in IA, because the bots act hardware-sided, but what about server-sided bots in Co-op?

Zero performance issues with split screen on pc, it's the console versions fault why we can't have split screen on IA.
    creator of the All-In-One Modular @ Nexusmods
    "for a less annoying immersive experience, dl it today!"

Nothing is wrong with playing with more people ,but I pefer to play with people I know in co op so u can communicate and most of the time my friends and I are not playing at the same time. As for performance , I don't see how that would be a issue ? Their is really no incentive to work together as the matchs tend to funnel you and your team mates towards your goal. I just really would like the option to play with how many people I want or even play solo. For Honor does this well. You might be the only person on your team with 3 bots as allies or play with randoms. Plus you have the option to play solo if you wish. Now that I think about it For honor has alot of options battlefront 2 could benefit from . Skirmish in battlefront 2015 was fun in co op. Especially when both of you got the hero pick ups.

I understand wanting to just play with friends, but you can always pretend the other players are bots.. they might as well be to be honest.

Maybe the reason you don't see any potential issues with performance is because you don't have any experience working with stuff like this. Not trying to offend, just think it's something everyone should keep in mind, it's often not as easy as you assume.

Maybe once the bots are improved further they'll let them replace absent players, but I don't understand the problem with just playing with other players, what's the difference between them and a bot for Co-op?
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^

• Gothic_Mando
    2030 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    they just need to give you the option to play public games, or private games or invite friends.

You invite friends to your party then start the co-op matchmaking

A bot is not really different to a player and your friend won't get kicked out between matches, so why would a private match version of Co-op be needed? It's not that different. Just learn to play with randoms, it won't hurt you.

And if you want to play Co-op alone, that's exactly what IA is for. So what you don't get X map in IA, you get the same overall experience, just a bit less. And for those saying they want XP in IA, if you want XP, you play with other players, it's still a MP game at heart. No farming.

Just seems like one of those "but I want it to be 100% PERFECT FOR ME" requests. I don't think it's needed.
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

• Please just nerf the commando take away the ability to regain health upon damage
  • Guys, check out this mod! We need it!

DUDE!! That's Incredible! That is what I want in the game any map you can select what era you want and then have enemy era selection that's cool! and on Xbox? How??
    Instant Action Saved The Offline Community!!

FRIENDLY FIRE -> ON/Off in IA

Do you think BF2 needs a new and improved UI? Then check this out!
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/8lq96Q
  • they just need to give you the option to play public games, or private games or invite friends.

A bot is not really different to a player and your friend won't get kicked out between matches, so why would a private match version of Co-op be needed? It's not that different. Just learn to play with randoms, it won't hurt you.

And if you want to play Co-op alone, that's exactly what IA is for. So what you don't get X map in IA, you get the same overall experience, just a bit less. And for those saying they want XP in IA, if you want XP, you play with other players, it's still a MP game at heart. No farming.

Just seems like one of those "but I want it to be 100% PERFECT FOR ME" requests. I don't think it's needed.
    I think you misunderstood what I was talking about or I didn't clarify what I was talking about. I think it's the latter .I quoted the wrong post. The point I was trying to get to is for everyone to start posting new and fresh ideas for I.A and co op. Things that dice can read and say yeah that would be cool , instead of the same posts about adding vehicles or where are the other heros?or we need a pause . We already know that stuff is being looked into. I agree with you on the co op, Im not concerned with it.I play MP too It's fine. I am just trying to open peoples imagination because like it or not I.A will be all thats left of the game once the servers are swapped for a future game. This game is a work of art,and it would be a shame to lose all that content they have created like they did in battlefront 2015 dlc packs. Have you tried to get a match started on the death star dlc with random match making ? It's impossible , for any of the dlc maps.
  • andytheavs wrote: »
    I looooooooove "Instant Action" and "Co-Op" a lot. But I am a tad worried. The modes are already a great challenge. If they add enemy A.I. Destroyer Droids, enemy A.I. Star Fighters (doing strafing runs on Command Posts) and enemy A.I. in AAT tank vehicles, wont it become nigh impossible to win?
    The highest difficulty setting should be impossible to win, that way you always have something to strive for if you want to challenge yourself in that way. If it's too easy on the highest difficulty, you're going to say it's boring. And if you're not looking for that kind of challenge or you're trying to mess around and create some cool scenario, then you should always be able to lower the difficulty.
    This is why I've been saying we need to be able to tweak various specific AI settings (both for enemy and friendly, individually) like damage, accuracy, aggression, ability use frequency, roll frequency, etc on top of the things we already had in Arcade. I know, I know, that's not how the AI works because it's self learning... I don't think I believe that. There is some built in value for these settings and that means they could be altered.
    How would altering them affect the AI's previous learning? I have no idea, but I'd like to find out.

I don't think this to be a real AI learning on every single device it's running in, but something it has already learned from tons of matches and have decided one behavior, which is the one installed in our consoles. Future learning could for sure be upgraded, but my guess is that's collected server side and the output is installed on our devices.

It would be great if any DEV can confirm.

DUDE!! That's Incredible! That is what I want in the game any map you can select what era you want and then have enemy era selection that's cool! and on Xbox? How??

Seriously, I really want this on Xbox! How a modder can create, in a few days, such an amazing mod and devs take months!

Seriously, I really want this on Xbox! How a modder can create, in a few days, such an amazing mod and devs take months!

Yeah , that would be a great option for I.A alongside a play list.
    they just need to give you the option to play public games, or private games or invite friends.

I think you misunderstood what I was talking about or I didn't clarify what I was talking about. I think it's the latter .I quoted the wrong post. The point I was trying to get to is for everyone to start posting new and fresh ideas for I.A and co op. Things that dice can read and say yeah that would be cool , instead of the same posts about adding vehicles or where are the other heros?or we need a pause . We already know that stuff is being looked into. I agree with you on the co op, Im not concerned with it.I play MP too It's fine. I am just trying to open peoples imagination because like it or not I.A will be all thats left of the game once the servers are swapped for a future game. This game is a work of art,and it would be a shame to lose all that content they have created like they did in battlefront 2015 dlc packs. Have you tried to get a match started on the death star dlc with random match making ? It's impossible , for any of the dlc maps.

Was quoting the Jangles bloke I think, not you 👍
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

*Xbox controller on PC dude, not on Xbox 😂
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

Was quoting the Jangles bloke I think, not you 👍
    Lol, my bad.
  • Oilerfan78 wrote: »
    Hero AI with tweaks will 100% be in
    Droidekas should be in
    Vehicle AI was being tweaked after having it working internally. I could see it being delayed until November.
    Hopefully we get all 3 this update which looks as though it will be on Oct. 23.

I looooooooove "Instant Action" and "Co-Op" a lot. But I am a tad worried. The modes are already a great challenge. If they add enemy A.I. Destroyer Droids, enemy A.I. Star Fighters (doing strafing runs on Command Posts) and enemy A.I. in AAT tank vehicles, wont it become nigh impossible to win?

Just imagine your playing Co-Op at Command Post A on Felucia. I call that spot "Custer's Last Stand" because they come at you from all sides (I love that by the way). But now imagine the A.I. are strafing you from above with a star fighter and they have a droid AAT tank blasting the Command Post. On top of that the Droid Army troops are coming in from every direction. Even as a hero you'd be hard pressed to survive.

This is why we need the ability to play in Split Screen Offline "Instant Action"; even then though (based on what I have seen) it would be near impossible, the A.I. is that good.

This is why we need a Engineer Class to hack enemy vehicles to highjack them.

Don't get me wrong I want the option of the A.I. getting vehicles, I'm just not sure if the match would be winnable, without the above to help us, also to have Split Screen for "Instant Action".

Split screen IA offline is definitely needed. The difficulty is up there but AI vehicles would be fun.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.

Split screen in co-op would also be awesome.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.

*Xbox controller on PC dude, not on Xbox 😂

XD lol duh
    Instant Action Saved The Offline Community!!

FRIENDLY FIRE -> ON/Off in IA

Do you think BF2 needs a new and improved UI? Then check this out!
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/8lq96Q
  • Just had an amazing game of IA on Geonosis as the separatists on normal difficulty. Up 81% to 7% at one point. Clones pour it on, I get down 94% to 86%. Then I come back to win the game 100% to 94%! I love this AI. No game is the same and there are no sure victories.
  • Amazing how one year changes things. Arcade had just gotten Naboo Palace Hangar and it messed up the AI in Jabba's Palace. Arcade was a low priority and it didn't seem like we'd get anything. I admit I had lost hope and came so close to uninstalling this game and trading it in. Thanks to Viktor Lundberg and Manuel Llanes for giving us Instant Action!
    Yeah, it's great! Makes me want OT maps in Instant Action all the more. Darth Vader is a beast. Super fun to wreck those rebel scum with, hahah. There are multiple versions of the mod for different eras too. And there's even a cross-era hero conquest. Sadly Boba Fett is bugged and spawns in with Iden Versio abilities right now.
    The modders are taking full advantage of Instant Action possibilities, thank goodness, and they are kicking butt. Can't wait for end of the month and next update.

I didn't do anything this elaborate... yet, but in IA the other day I roleplayed that I was Bossk hunting down Chewbacca and Yoda. Was a lot of fun. I guess afterwards I could have jumped into Arcade to finish off the clones hiding out in the palace.
  • MajorChief_IX
    246 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    I didn't do anything this elaborate... yet, but in IA the other day I roleplayed that I was Bossk hunting down Chewbacca and Yoda. Was a lot of fun. I guess afterwards I could have jumped into Arcade to finish off the clones hiding out in the palace.

It's good Star Wars fun! I really recommend stuff like this. Makes me very excited for all of the upcoming maps because the possibilties only get better!!
    Instant Action is on the horizon! Thank you DICE so much for this incredible addition to the game!

To be fair modders do not have to meet quality control requirements that Sony/Microsoft/EA for game content/updates on their platforms require. The amount of QA and certification that game companies have to meet takes a long time. Thats just the name of the game and it ensures players aren't having terrible things happen like data corruption, constant crashes, profile loss, etc. You'd be surprised how small updates in a large game can and have caused the entire collapse and why it all needs to be verfied and tested before going out to the masses.

Also to develop content that requires money and time and there has to be budgets that allow it all. I suspect also becasue Disney has a very tight control and what DICE can release they make the process even longer to get through.

Of course as a modder for different games myself modders are great in games, even games like Battlefront that don't have official support becasue they can showcase the content players really want and that can motivate a game company to get it made into an official reality. I am sure the Battlefront team has seen this mod and it motivates them to make the other eras and maps get in the game for Instant Action.

• Starmasui73146
    2035 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Guys, check out this mod! We need it!

What the? How did he pull this off? Londo defending Command Posts? An At-St on the map? Rebels running around defending Command Posts, how did he program that?
    This is amazing.
    Mystical wrote: »
    Guys, check out this mod! We need it!

To be fair modders do not have to meet quality control requirements that Sony/Microsoft/EA for game content/updates on their platforms require. The amount of QA and certification that game companies have to meet takes a long time. Thats just the name of the game and it ensures players aren't having terrible things happen like data corruption, constant crashes, profile loss, etc. You'd be surprised how small updates in a large game can and have caused the entire collapse and why it all needs to be verfied and tested before going out to the masses.

Also to develop content that requires money and time and there has to be budgets that allow it all. I suspect also because Disney has a very tight control and what DICE can release they make the process even longer to get through.

Of course as a modder for different games myself modders are great in games, even games like Battlefront that don't have official support because they can showcase the content players really want and that can motivate a game company to get it made into an official reality. I am sure the Battlefront team has seen this mod and it motivates them to make the other eras and maps get in the game for "Instant Action".
    Well said.
    Oilerfan78 wrote: »
    Just had an amazing game of IA on Geonosis as the separatists on normal difficulty. Up 81% to 7% at one point. Clones pour it on, I get down 94% to 86%. Then I come back to win the game 100% to 94%! I love this AI. No game is the same and there are no sure victories.

Word, now we just need those OT maps and then we can see if they can bring us the epic Galactic Supremacy (Conquest) style mode, yes?
    “There is always hope.”
  • Galactic Conquest was literally just a playlist of Conquest modes and space battles.. with a faction upgrade here or there and a congratz screen at the end.

Why is it needed? Just play all the maps in some kind of order instead.

I think in terms of larger updates, IA would do well to have an objective Starfighter mode, a HvV mode and just more stuff for the already available offline Conquest mode. That would be a very well-rounded experience that gives a taste of everything the game has to offer. Nothing else is needed. Not Hunt mode, not CTF and not Galactic Conquest.

Just my opinion as always.

Agreed, I'd be happy with Starfighter Assault in IA on all Starfighter maps. Adding ST and OT IA on ALL large scale maps would be good for me and perfectly doable by DICE.
    Galactic Conquest was literally just a playlist of Conquest modes and space battles.. with a faction upgrade here or there and a congratz screen at the end.

I think in terms of larger updates, IA would do well to have an objective Starfighter mode, a HvV mode and just more stuff for the already available offline Conquest mode. That would be a very well-rounded experience that gives a taste of everything the game has to offer. Nothing else is needed. Not Hunt mode, not CTF and not Galactic Conquest.

Agreed, I'd be happy with Starfighter Assault in IA on all Starfighter maps. Adding ST and OT IA on ALL large scale maps would be good for me and perfectly doable by DICE.

Agreed.

I’d rather have Starfighter Assault in INSTANT ACTION as it’s own mode than starfighters in the command post current iteration of INSTANT ACTION.

Both of these modes offline, across all eras, with all maps in game getting an INSTANT ACTION command post counterpart.

This of course gets expanded with new maps for the ST and OT (like Scarif and others).

Personally @Gothic_Mando I’d rather have a fully fleshed out Hunt mode than HvV as the third offline mode. It’s just more interesting to me, but you are right about one thing. The negotiations were short... I mean, those three modes IA, SA, and HvV are good representatives of the larger game—and the two former certainly belong.
  • Scoundrel wrote: »
    Galactic Conquest was literally just a playlist of Conquest modes and space battles.. with a faction upgrade here or there and a congratz screen at the end.

Agreed.

I’d rather have Starfighter Assault in INSTANT ACTION as it’s own mode than starfighters in the command post current iteration of INSTANT ACTION.

Both of these modes offline, across all eras, with all maps in game getting an INSTANT ACTION command post counterpart.

This of course gets expanded with new maps for the ST and OT (like Scarif and others).

Personally @Gothic_Mando I’d rather have a fully fleshed out Hunt mode than HvV as the third offline mode. It’s just more interesting to me, but you are right about one thing. The negotiations were short... I mean, those three modes IA, SA, and HvV are good representatives of the larger game—and the two former certainly belong.

I'm personally not too bothered about HvV, from what I've seen though a lot of people seem to want it, so I tried to put just the 3 modes I think people want the most.
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

• Recording our playthrough / review of Instant Action tomorrow with my best mate for my YouTube!

So excited! This mode is literally why we started this series almost 2 years ago in the first place!
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

• Wow damn, so they added an offline Starfighter mode and instant action? I gave up on this game well over a year ago and it seems quite a bit has changed. I may consider getting the game again tbh. Although I am a little disappointed they didn't add the Classic and Sequal eras to the Instant Action (let's hope they do, at the very least OT), it's good to see progress has been made. Lets just hope they keep all this offline stuff in mind when they release the inevitable SWBF3 next gen and not repeat this mistake a 3rd time. Wow I'm impressed with DICE for not leaving single players and offline in the dust.
  • Strogg1980 wrote: »
    Wow damn, so they added an offline Starfighter mode and Instant Action? I gave up on this game well over a year ago and it seems quite a bit has changed. I may consider getting the game again tbh. Although I am a little disappointed they didn't add the Classic and Sequal eras to the "Instant Action" (let's hope they do, at the very least OT), it's good to see progress has been made. Let's just hope they keep all this Offline stuff in mind when they release the inevitable SWBF3 next gen and not repeat this mistake a 3rd time. Wow I'm impressed with DICE for not leaving single players and Offline in the dust.

Yeah the Learning A.I. is something else. I enjoy both "Arcade" mode Team Battle (basically "Blast") and "Instant Action" (basically 1st Phase "Capital Supremacy"), i.e. "Conquest" with slightly different rules. "Instant Action": A.I. using vehicles is coming soon, Destroyer Droid A.I. is coming soon, Star Fighters and Star Fighter A.I. is coming too soon. Original Trilogy maps are coming soon. Content for the new trilogy movie also coming soon.
    “There is always hope.”
    Wow damn, so they added an offline Starfighter mode and Instant Action? I gave up on this game well over a year ago and it seems quite a bit has changed. I may consider getting the game again tbh. Although I am a little disappointed they didn't add the Classic and Sequal eras to the "Instant Action" (let's hope they do, at the very least OT), it's good to see progress has been made. Let's just hope they keep all this Offline stuff in mind when they release the inevitable SWBF3 next gen and not repeat this mistake a 3rd time. Wow I'm impressed with DICE for not leaving single players and Offline in the dust.

Yeah the Learning A.I. is something else. I enjoy both "Arcade" mode Team Battle (basically "Blast") and "Instant Action" (basically 1st Phase "Capital Supremacy"), i.e. "Conquest" with slightly different rules. "Instant Action": A.I. using vehicles is coming soon, Destroyer Droid A.I. is coming soon, Star Fighters and Star Fighter A.I. is coming too soon. Original Trilogy maps are coming soon. Content for the new trilogy movie also coming soon.

oh so they are adding the other eras then? thats good to know. and whats this "learning AI" your talking about? Is it AI that adapts to how you play or something?
  • Scoundrel wrote: »

Agreed.

I'm personally not too bothered about HvV, from what I've seen though a lot of people seem to want it, so I tried to put just the 3 modes I think people want the most.

I would love to play HvV offline in split screen.
    Strogg1980 wrote: »

oh so they are adding the other eras then? thats good to know. and whats this "learning AI" your talking about? Is it AI that adapts to how you play or something?

Long time, no see @Strogg1980 !

All we know is Dennis Brannvall himself said they were planning to support Instant Action and Co-op going forward. It will most likely tie in to ongoing support for Capital Supremacy; as Original Trilogy and Sequel Trilogy maps are added to Capital Supremacy, so too will they be added to Instant Action and Co-op.

As for the AI... not sure if it really is self-learning, all I can say is that it is really, really good, and 100x better than what is in Arcade. Speaking of, I hope they add the Instant Action AI to Arcade at some point...

Galactic Assault, Starfighter Assault, and Heroes Vs. Villains for Instant Action in Battlefront II!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Looks like Vehicle AI and Droideka/Clone Commander may be coming in November for Instant Action. Ben said he wanted to release the droideka and CC together. The CC was supposed to be working but the droideka was taking longer. Now he says the CC is almost ready. I appreciate all of these additions. I really do. I'm tired of the "oh, wait for next month" with this game.
  • Galactic Conquest was literally just a playlist of Conquest modes and space battles.. with a faction upgrade here or there and a congratz screen at the end.

That is what I do,play in specific orders. especially with the lack of maps and eras. Making your own miny story lines help keep from the five maps getting stale. And mixing in acrade matchs really help also. You can make your own G.C if you use your imagination . I wish they would add the capital ships to I.A. or at least to arcade so after you win a ground battle you can start a match on a capital ship.
  • Their is one small thing I would love see added to I.A. The top player screen after the match,like in M.P. Since I.A was released I haven't played M.P since . I unlocked the Maul, Obiwon,and Yoda event poses and never got the chance to see them aside from the menu. I don't why,but I think adding that screen after a I.A. Match would be great!
    Looks like Vehicle AI and Droideka/Clone Commander may be coming in November for Instant Action. Ben said he wanted to release the droideka and CC together. The CC was supposed to be working but the droideka was taking longer. Now he says the CC is almost ready. I appreciate all of these additions. I really do. I'm tired of the "oh, wait for next month" with this game.

Droideka and Clone Commando AI maybe, but Vehicle AI? That should come this month. They said at Gamescom that they hoped it would be ready for release; they wouldn't have said that unless there was a chance of it actually being ready for release. With that in mind, I doubt Vehicle AI would be pushed back all the way to November.

Galactic Assault, Starfighter Assault, and Heroes Vs. Villains for Instant Action in Battlefront II!

• Based on what Ben Walke said on reddit 2 days ago, unfortunately it does not seem like they will be ready for October's update
    Based on what Ben Walke said on reddit 2 days ago, unfortunately it does not seem like they will be ready for October's update

What did he say on Reddit?

Based on what Ben Walke said on reddit 2 days ago, unfortunately it does not seem like they will be ready for October's update

What did he say on Reddit?

gxm3sigetbxl.jpg