criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

Instant Action & PvE Feedback

Replies

• Oilerfan78 wrote: »
    Looks like Vehicle AI and Droideka/Clone Commander may be coming in November for Instant Action. Ben said he wanted to release the droideka and CC together. The CC was supposed to be working but the droideka was taking longer. Now he says the CC is almost ready. I appreciate all of these additions. I really do. I'm tired of the "oh, wait for next month" with this game.

Droideka and Clone Commando AI maybe, but Vehicle AI? That should come this month. They said at Gamescom that they hoped it would be ready for release; they wouldn't have said that unless there was a chance of it actually being ready for release. With that in mind, I doubt Vehicle AI would be pushed back all the way to November.

https://old.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/dd43yy/savage_uf8rge/f2ey14q/
  • Oilerfan78 wrote: »
    Looks like Vehicle AI and Droideka/Clone Commander may be coming in November for Instant Action. Ben said he wanted to release the droideka and CC together. The CC was supposed to be working but the droideka was taking longer. Now he says the CC is almost ready. I appreciate all of these additions. I really do. I'm tired of the "oh, wait for next month" with this game.

Droideka and Clone Commando AI maybe, but Vehicle AI? That should come this month. They said at Gamescom that they hoped it would be ready for release; they wouldn't have said that unless there was a chance of it actually being ready for release. With that in mind, I doubt Vehicle AI would be pushed back all the way to November.

https://old.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/dd43yy/savage_uf8rge/f2ey14q/
  • Jesbro
    630 posts Member
    Ok so we are for sure getting the rest of the AI for Clone Wars characters and the AI for the reinforcements.

But the vehicle AI probably won't be in this update this month.

Still better than nothing :smile:
  • Starmasui73146
    1393 posts Member
    edited October 8

@F8RGE: I don't understand. "Arcade" has been able to handle 20 vs 20 since Sept 9th, 2018? Why do we not have the ability to play with up to 20 to 25 troops per team? I mean it seems to run just fine. Is it only for P.C.? Am I missing something here? Can it be permissible for X-Box One X? Does it crash a lot or something? Really confused.

20 vs 20 "Arcade: Team Battle" Watch video below from 1:01-1:39

25 vs 25 in "Arcade: Team Battle." Watch video below at 2:20-4:34

32 vs 32 in "Arcade: Team Battle." Watch video below at 0:58-2:04.

64 man battles (yeah it's likely on P.C.) with a few bugs but still pretty cool.
    Can we get this in the game some how?

Don't get me wrong I'm mega grateful to even have "Co-Op", "Instant Action" and "Arcade: Team Battle" but it just frustrates me that's all.

Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • Jesbro wrote: »
    Ok so we are for sure getting the rest of the AI for Clone Wars characters and the AI for the reinforcements.

I think the vehicle A.I. issue is likely that they are getting stuck a lot. God knows I had a heck of a time yesterday trying to get around on Naboo as a droid tank. There is to much blown up debree in the way. The phase two Command Post we need to take in Co-Op is impossible to reach as a tank. And why can a tank not knock down and go threw tables and chairs for crying out loud? Please devs fix this, it's very unrealistic and just plain silly.

@FORGE: I don't understand. "Arcade" has been able to handle 20 vs 20 since Sept 9th, 2018? Why do we not have the ability to play with up to 20 troops per team? I mean it seems to run just fine. Am I missing something here? Does it crash a lot or something? Just sayin'.

Watch from 1:01-1:39

If standard ps4 and xb1 consoles can't handle 20v20 bots then the devs simply won't add the option to PC and PS4 pro and Xbox one X .

Another thing worth remembering is that the new and improved ai system will be even more resource demanding, which makes it even less likely 20v20 instant action would run on standard consoles.
  • SAM4XE
    350 posts Member
    Jesbro wrote: »

I think the vehicle A.I. issue is likely that they are getting stuck a lot. God knows I had a heck of a time yesterday trying to get around on Naboo as a droid tank. There is to much blown up debree in the way. The phase two Command Post we need to take in Co-Op is impossible to reach as a tank. And why can a tank not knock down and go threw tables and chairs? Please devs fix this, it's very unrealistic and just plain silly.
    Thank you.

@FORGE: I don't understand. "Arcade" has been able to handle 20 vs 20 since Sept 9th, 2018? Why do we not have the ability to play with up to 20 troops per team? I mean it seems to run just fine. Am I missing something here? Does it crash a lot or something? Just sayin'.

Aaaaand way back in Oct 28th of 2018, moders succeeded in putting 32 vs 32 in "Arcade".
    AZATRU Talks about it from 0:58-2:04 in this video below:

64 man battles, with a few bugs but still pretty cool.
    What gives? I'm really confused here. This should be in the game.

Don't get me wrong I'm mega grateful to even have "Co-Op", "Instant Action" and "Arcade: Team Battle" but it just frustrates me that's all.

Simple answer is that the devs want to keep parity over all formats, so if consoles like original the Xbox one and PS4 can't handle 20v20 bots then PC, PS4 pro and XBOX ONE X are not likely to get 20v20 bots. As for 64 bots none of the current consoles will be able to handle that many bots, only a decent PC so that's never going to happen without server side ai.
  • Starmasui73146
    1393 posts Member
    edited October 8
    SAM4XE wrote: »
    Jesbro wrote: »

I think the vehicle A.I. issue is likely that they are getting stuck a lot. God knows I had a heck of a time yesterday trying to get around on Naboo as a droid tank. There is to much blown up debree in the way. The phase two Command Post we need to take in Co-Op is impossible to reach as a tank. And why can a tank not knock down and go threw tables and chairs? Please devs fix this, it's very unrealistic and just plain silly.
    Thank you.

@F8RGE: I don't understand. "Arcade" has been able to handle 20 vs 20 since Sept 9th, 2018? Why do we not have the ability to play with up to 20 troops per team? I mean it seems to run just fine. Am I missing something here? Does it crash a lot or something? Just sayin'.

Aaaaand way back in Oct 28th of 2018, moders succeeded in putting 32 vs 32 in "Arcade".
    AZATRU Talks about it from 0:58-2:04 in this video below:

64 man battles, with a few bugs but still pretty cool.
    What gives? I'm really confused here. This should be in the game.

Simple answer is that the devs want to keep parity over all formats, so if consoles like original the Xbox one and PS4 can't handle 20v20 bots then PC, PS4 pro and XBOX ONE X are not likely to get 20v20 bots. As for 64 bots none of the current consoles will be able to handle that many bots, only a decent PC so that's never going to happen without server side ai.

Yeah the 32 vs 32 I suppose is pushing it because of all the graphics but 20 vs 20 should be possible.

This is why I am frustrated by all the background things going on not part of the actual game play. It may look cool but if their wasting memory on that take it out. If I had to choose between war in the background and a map full of A.I. allies and enemies, I'll choose full map every time.
    If the standard PS4 and XB1 consoles can't handle 20v20 bots then the devs simply won't add the option to PC and PS4 pro and Xbox one X .

Another thing worth remembering is that the new and improved AI system will be even more resource demanding, which makes it even less likely 20v20 instant action would run on standard consoles.

This is such a mega bummer.

@F8RGE: So I have this idea. I have this game called Subnautica and the memory and map is so massive. To be honest grant it if your in a fast vehicle sometimes it does take a tad for the scenery to load, this is true. But, there is sooooooooooo much going on on screen. How they did this is they placed the memory data in a zip file crunching it (if I understand it correctly). The draw back is a way longer load time to start the match but oh so worth it.

Here's another idea: So I'm wondering, what if the unnecessary things not being utilized while playing Offline could some how be compartmentalized or shut down while we play Offline. I'm no programmer but would that work? Could it improve the ability for "Instant Action" to handle more A.I.?

Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • Hey guys! The first episodes (parts 42 - 46) of our co-op playthrough / review of the Instant Action Cooperation update is now online!

The remainder will be uploaded next week!

First episode below 😊
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

Instant Action confirmed!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^

• I'm going to be away from home for ten days because of work and i will not play Instant Action and Co-Op.....help me!!!!
    Instant Action - Thank you Dice!
  • I'm going to be away from home for ten days because of work and i will not play Instant Action and Co-Op.....help me!!!!

Watch our playthrough of it 😉 Help you through those lonely nights 😁
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^

• Servers are currently down. You guys know what that means.

Instant Action it is!

Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Servers are currently down. You guys know what that means.

Instant Action it is!

Heck Yea! I ran out of ps plus :( so I have to play IA or Arcade (and no, I'm not playing Arcade).
    Instant Action Saved The Offline Community!!

FRIENDLY FIRE -> ON/Off in IA
  • Maybe the low IA count is due to missing Hero/reinforcement/vehicle AI? They may take up extra spots putting it at 32-36 bots instead of the current 26 bots
  • I'm going to be away from home for ten days because of work and I will not play Instant Action and Co-Op.....help me!!!!

Your at a therapy group session. "High I'm Kylo."
    "High Kylo!" yells the group.
    "And I'm an Instant Action/ Co-Op addict."

🤣😂🤣
    “There is always hope.”

I did it last night!
  • I'm going to be away from home for ten days because of work and I will not play Instant Action and Co-Op.....help me!!!!

🤣😂🤣

Haha that's me!
  • nkicc8pncr0e.png

🤣😂🤣

Haha that's me!

"Hi I'm Ky-- I mean, umm... Matt, and I'm a radar technician.
  • Starmasui73146
    1393 posts Member
    edited October 8
    nkicc8pncr0e.png

Hmmmmm yeah I haven't seen A.I. Dooku since launch.

Yeah here's this too.

It seems it's confirmed vehicles for IA are indeed delayed.

However, good news the Clone BARC speeders wacked out targeting system, it is being worked on and they're balancing the damage of LB RB rapid fire. 🤗 Yeah, so glad it was rather useless since the changes.
    “There is always hope.”
  • nkicc8pncr0e.png

Yeah here's this too.

However, good news the Clone BARC speeders wacked out targeting system, it is being worked on and they're balancing the damage of LB RB rapid fire. 🤗 Yeah, so glad it was rather useless since the changes.

It also appears that ai heroes that do spawn currently only spawn if they are on the opposite team. Tried it myself and sure enough ai Darth maul and Yoda would only spawn if I wasn't on their side.
  • Starmasui73146
    1393 posts Member
    edited October 8
    andytheavs wrote: »
    I'm going to be away from home for ten days because of work and I will not play Instant Action and Co-Op.....help me!!!!

🤣😂🤣

Haha that's me!

Lol...
    It also appears that AI heroes that do spawn currently only spawn if they are on the opposite team. Tried it myself and sure enough AI Darth maul and Yoda would only spawn if I wasn't on their side.

Yes, wow good observation, too true. I have never seen A.I. hero or villain allies.
    “There is always hope.”
  • SAM4XE
    350 posts Member
    I'm going to be away from home for ten days because of work and I will not play Instant Action and Co-Op.....help me!!!!

🤣😂🤣

Haha that's me!

Lol...
    nkicc8pncr0e.png

Yeah here's this too.

It also appears that AI heroes that do spawn currently only spawn if they are on the opposite team. Tried it myself and sure enough ai Darth maul and Yoda would only spawn if I wasn't on their side.

Yes, wow good observation, too true. I have never seen A.I. hero or villain allies.

I can't take the credit for it, as it was something I spotted on twitter.

72nd1jabcjcv.png

• Have you seen the patch notes?
    - Correct AI skins.
    - All AI heroes/villains available.
    - AI lightsaber heroes will play more offensive.

The deal is getting better all the time!

Now we only need AI vehicles.
  • 501st skin for Naboo!!

Didn't somebody here guess that might happen?

Best choice!!

I don't care that the skins aren't all movie-accurate, Wolfpack for Kamino is waaaay cooler than plain white!!

Love it!
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

I did it last night!

Thanks for watching man! 👍 Much appreciated!
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

• SAM4XE
    350 posts Member
    Shame the patch is delayed but tbh I thought hero ai fixes weren't coming until the end of this month, so another week ain't so bad. I'm looking forward to the ai trooper skins, ai hero spawn fix and more offensive ai heroes.
  • Have you seen the patch notes?
    - Correct AI skins.

And all eras. But otherwise, yeah id say after those, total win.

Now let just hope they remember this stuff and put all the offline content they have for this game into the third one, whenever that is. Honestly I would rather it ship with a fleshed out arcade, starfighter mode and Instant action than a Campaign.
  • Strogg1980 wrote: »

And all eras.

Yep. I hope after IA gets the extra features that the next step will be to have other eras with their maps and units added in.
  • Mystical wrote: »
    Strogg1980 wrote: »

And all eras.

Yep. I hope after IA gets the extra features that the next step will be to have other eras with their maps and units added in.

I wouldn't even mind if they slowly add an OT and ST map each month or so, so long as we eventually get it. I mean I heard people say some Dev said they will be adding more maps to it anyways, plus the fact its getting all the heroes and villains added in makes me think thats their plan anyways.
  • I do hope that they continue to work on the Ai to make them feel more real but everything that is above awesome and lol

• did they say ally heroes because that'd be more immersive?

• did they say ally heroes because that'd be more immersive?

someone posted this a bit earlier:

"KyloRen1992
    Have you seen the patch notes?
    - Correct AI skins.
    Now we only need AI vehicles."
  • SAM4XE
    350 posts Member
    edited October 8
    did they say ally heroes because that'd be more immersive?

Friendly ai heroes were confirmed before AI/co-op was officially launched, so it's fair to assume ai heroes will spawn on ally side as well as enemy side.
  • Strogg1980 wrote: »
    Have you seen the patch notes?
    - Correct AI skins.

And all eras. But otherwise, yeah id say after those, total win.

Now let just hope they remember this stuff and put all the offline content they have for this game into the third one, whenever that is. Honestly I would rather it ship with a fleshed out arcade, starfighter mode and Instant action than a Campaign.

Absolutely.
    ST and OT maps for IA and Co-Op are my last request for this beautiful game. Then i'm ok with it.
  • Our Geonosis Instant Action gameplay is up!^^

#SoloPlayers

ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

• Thx everybody that makes me happy!

#SoloPlayers

Replace the Custom Arcade Part 1 With IA Part 1 if you like...

• Mystical
    349 posts Member
    edited October 8
    Mystical wrote: »

And all eras.

I wouldn't even mind if they slowly add an OT and ST map each month or so, so long as we eventually get it. I mean I heard people say some Dev said they will be adding more maps to it anyways, plus the fact its getting all the heroes and villains added in makes me think thats their plan anyways.

I didn't know they had already planned to have all heroes, that makes it hopeful the rest of the content will follow afterward for sure. I do hope if we want to say have an OT battle we can set heroes to just OT only or turn all heroes off by era type.
  • So I’m still confused. Initially the language discussed friendly AI heroes/villains for INSTANT ACTION and COOP. But I’m getting the sense that when the patch goes live that we’ll see all of the OPPOSING AI heroes/villains.

Do we know for sure that FRIENDLY AI HEROES are being implemented?
  • Scoundrel wrote: »
    So I’m still confused. Initially the language discussed friendly AI heroes/villains for INSTANT ACTION and COOP. But I’m getting the sense that when the patch goes live that we’ll see all of the OPPOSING AI heroes/villains.

In the August CT it was written: "The enemy team will be made up of regular troopers, reinforcements, heroes, and vehicles". Someone asked, if that would be the case for the player's team as well and F8RGE confirmed it. I can't find the comment at the moment (i think, it was on Reddit) though.

#SoloPlayers

Enjoying your videos! A couple of comments about the gameplay.
    - Did you see a friendly trooper the entire time you were at command post D?... didn't think so. Or like 90% of the time you were at A? As I have said multiple times before, I hope the teammate AI gets tweaked so they are more inclined to try to take or defend some of the more out of the way command posts, as well as just generally not clump up so much I guess. Because that forces me to go deal with those command posts and then I'm always fighting by myself.
    - Also a problem I've seen is that teammate AI will literally run past a CP held by the enemy (but there are no enemies there defending it). So if just one of my teammate AI would stop and sit there for 30 seconds we'd have another CP under our control, but no, they just run past.
  • Gothic_Mando
    1933 posts Member
    edited October 9
    Our Geonosis Instant Action gameplay is up!^^

#SoloPlayers

- Did you see a friendly trooper the entire time you were at command post D?... didn't think so. Or like 90% of the time you were at A? As I have said multiple times before, I hope the teammate AI gets tweaked so they are more inclined to try to take or defend some of the more out of the way command posts, as well as just generally not clump up so much I guess. Because that forces me to go deal with those command posts and then I'm always fighting by myself.
    - Also a problem I've seen is that teammate AI will literally run past a CP held by the enemy (but there are no enemies there defending it). So if just one of my teammate AI would stop and sit there for 30 seconds we'd have another CP under our control, but no, they just run past.

Thanks man! Yeah that's a fair point! I wonder if it has anything to do with the navmeshing issue F8RGE mentions in the notes for the upcoming patch, where AI stop moving once they reach the end of their navigable path?

Hope that gets improved!

A reason why I'd like two Troopers to accompany you through every map, all the time.
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

• Well unless the devs create a miracle it doesn't look like we will be getting Split Screen for "Instant Action" any time soon.

Here's what the devs said on another thread.
    August 23rd, 2019:
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Considered it yes. Technically it's nothing short of a nightmare to achieve, as it comes with some serious technical barriers that need to be broken through.

September 26th, 2019:
    As for split screen, it's a huge technical hurdle. We're melting hardware already and factor in you have to tender the game twice on the same screen it adds to the melty-ness.
    gl8nhaspzwt2.jpg

September 25th, 2019:
    We know you want split-screen, but the point remains - it's a massive technical hurdle to overcome.

Doubling up the game, running twice on the same screen is a major problem.
    If your a computer programmer and you know how the devs can create Split Screen for X-Box One and the PS4 (without FPS drops please), go to this thread and post your knowledge. They are asking for help. They want to solve the issue and they need your help:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/d8ov7q/so_we_need_a_good_list_of_modifiers_to_show/

If you wish to fight for and give your desired support for Split Screen, please go to this official thread:
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/143711/instant-action-split-screen-disappointment
    “There is always hope.”
  • SAM4XE
    350 posts Member
    Scoundrel wrote: »
    So I’m still confused. Initially the language discussed friendly AI heroes/villains for INSTANT ACTION and COOP. But I’m getting the sense that when the patch goes live that we’ll see all of the OPPOSING AI heroes/villains.

dzgwq8v7dck1.jpg
  • Mystical
    349 posts Member
    edited October 9
    I'm still loving Instant Action. I've had a lot of cool and funny moments. This is one of the most recent ones. I got into a battle with Yoda and when I started draining his health he was like lolnope and started to run away.

https://streamable.com/4yuxj

I cannot wait to see the future bugs fixes, AI improvements, and new units/feature for IA, its already so much fun.

• andytheavs wrote: »
    Our Geonosis Instant Action gameplay is up!^^

#SoloPlayers

Yeah! PTFO AI! WTF? LOL

dzgwq8v7dck1.jpg

Thanks, Sam. I know I’ve seen comments like that before from official sources. Recent comments have been foggy around friendlies. But they have confirmed it previously. Fingers crossed.

Now that I think about it, I’m not sure I want AI heroes for CoOp. It would take a slot from humans (machines taking over), but Instant Action definitely needs it.

I hope that when IA and hero rosters both expand that the hero variety would be a bit different. Maybe eventually it will be, but in my mind I wanted all available IN ERA Heroes selectable, even if The playable limit was 4 at a time.

So let’s say for an OT lineup the AVAILABLE heroes are Han, Luke, Leia, Chewie, Lando— even if only four are playable at once. Only four can be active at once but there are more to choose from.

Or “when” Ahsoka and Ventress, Padme and Cad Bane are added the limit per side remains at 4 active, but the choices expand.

I’d also like to see Limited Legendary Crossover...

So if a character is cross-era (like Luke or ObiWan for example) then they are available as a cross era hero BUT ONLY WITH THE APPROPRIATE CROSS ERA APPEARANCE.

So you’d only be able to use Luke in ST with the available ST LEGENDARY SKINS (when released). And you could only use ObiWan in the OT using his (also yet to be released) “Old Ben” Legendary skin.

Now I’m actually wondering if that’s why Palpatine was omitted? Was it the Hero Appearance being inappropriate? Because the Emperor wasn’t the Emperor until the OT (yes technically Ep3) But as we know him as see him in game that Emperor is the OT fella. Or is it because they just capped it at four and decided Palpatine was cut?
    Interesting.

Obviously we’re not at that point yet, but the immersive nature of these modes (IA and coop) really help to sell them. If we are paying attention to heroes and skins and trooper skins, then it makes sense I continue on this path.

• SAM4XE wrote: »

dzgwq8v7dck1.jpg

SWEET! Thx for clarifying it! that's awesome