criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Instant Action & PvE Feedback

Replies

• I just counted and James_Evan_Bond made up the whole 16v16 thing. It's still 12v12.
  • I can tell you it wasn't on purpose. My contact literally looked into the PC game files and it says 16 for each side. The only things I can think of, is that that count is only for PC, or that they raised the count to that, but the slots are simply disabled. Regardless, the files say 16 per side. If they don't show up, then there's something else going on behind the scenes. Didn't mean to lie to you guys.
  • Kowalski53
    14 posts Member
    edited October 16
    I can tell you it wasn't on purpose. My contact literally looked into the PC game files and it says 16 for each side. The only things I can think of, is that that count is only for PC, or that they raised the count to that, but the slots are simply disabled. Regardless, the files say 16 per side. If they don't show up, then there's something else going on behind the scenes. Didn't mean to lie to you guys.

Maybe those slots are disabled until the other ai are put in the game
  • Kowalski53 wrote: »
    I can tell you it wasn't on purpose. My contact literally looked into the PC game files and it says 16 for each side. The only things I can think of, is that that count is only for PC, or that they raised the count to that, but the slots are simply disabled. Regardless, the files say 16 per side. If they don't show up, then there's something else going on behind the scenes. Didn't mean to lie to you guys.

Very well could be. Could be preparing for Commandos and Droidekas. Time will tell! I'm still amazed at how the battle feels regardless of AI count. Devs did such a great job with what they had.
  • I definitively agree I ended up running from maul last night and ended up dying while playing ring around the boxes on geonosis
  • I can tell you it wasn't on purpose. My contact literally looked into the PC game files and it says 16 for each side. The only things I can think of, is that that count is only for PC, or that they raised the count to that, but the slots are simply disabled. Regardless, the files say 16 per side. If they don't show up, then there's something else going on behind the scenes. Didn't mean to lie to you guys.

No worries 😊 thanks for trying to keep us updated anyway dude!
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

Instant Action confirmed!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^

• Starmasui73146
    1487 posts Member
    edited October 18
    I just counted and James_Evan_Bond made up the whole 16v16 thing. It's still 12v12.

Yeah he was wrong it's still 13 vs 13.
    Nobody thinks you did it to intentionally deceive anyone.
    Kowalski53 wrote: »

Very well could be. Could be preparing for Commandos and Droidekas. Time will tell! I'm still amazed at how the battle feels regardless of AI count. Devs did such a great job with what they had.

You guys very well maybe correct.

He did mean well.
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • I just counted and James_Evan_Bond made up the whole 16v16 thing. It's still 12v12.

🧐 🤔 Playing as the Republic Clones on Geonosis...Keep playing...no two match starts have the same player count (spawning with you) some is 13, 14, 15 and 16. No idea if that's a glitch or if the rest spawn in in another spot. Oh and don't forget to look behind you as well. There are 1 or 2 snipers that sometimes stay and kneel on one knee.

Your 12 count in that match was likely 13 or 14 depending on what you missed behind you, just sayin'.

Read my review of "Instant Action" Geonosis, Rookie difficulty on page 138.

I can sware up and down myself I counted 15 A.I. + me = 16... In two matches.
    Again restart matches you'll see no two starting spawn in A.I. count is the same, it's really bizarre.

As of this second I have played ten matches on Geonosis and only two out of the ten had 15 A.I. + me = 16... Realize that's 13 in front of you (7 going left and 6 going right) and 2 snipers behind you = 15 + me =16 total players...so 16 vs 16.

Again though the other matches had less, not sure if they spawned in in another area.

Okay, that is really bizarre. When I have time I'm going to test and record my results and see if I can come up for an explanation.
  • With these little tweaks that they made to IA and Co-Op, the mods are fantastic. What a feeling to fight hero AI, it's like watching a real saber duel!

C'mon Dice we need vehicles AI and OT and ST eras now to complete this beautiful game!
    Instant Action - Thank you Dice!
  • Strogg1980 wrote: »
    Oilerfan78 wrote: »
    Just had a fight on Kamino as the Rep. I was capturing command post B and AI Dooku and Grievous rushed me and quickly killed me. Fought Maul on Geonosis, was an absolute beast. Thanks DICE for the awesome update. I can only imagine how awesome this game will be with all starcards and weapons unlocked, reinforcement AI and vehicle AI.

Don't forget Original Trilogy, Sequel Trilogy, starfighters, and air vehicles. I can't wait to play Mos Eisley, Yavin IV, and Hoth in Instant Action. For Hoth, I hope they find a way to incorporate the T-47 Airspeeder and AT-AT into Instant Action, it just won't be the same without them.

Speaking of which... what OT maps are you guys hoping to see first? I'm thinking they'll start bringing the Original Trilogy to Capital Supremacy/Instant Action/Co-op in February of 2020, with new maps releasing every month.

I think they should start with Mos Eisley. It offers the best potential offline experience if they include starfighters and air vehicles. In addition to Rebel and Imperial starfighters, we could also see the U-Wing Gunship, X-34 Landspeeder, AT-ST, and Speeder Bike made playable offline for just that one map.

I hope it doesn't take that long for a few OT maps tbh, unless that is, they are planning on Sequal era first due to the new Movie and all, which is understandable. Also isn't one of the future patches going to add Ai vehicles?

Yes, AI vehicles should arrive by November, if not this month. We also might get one Sequel Trilogy map with the Rise of Skywalker update in December; if it's available in Capital Supremacy, then it will likely be in Instant Action and Co-op as well.

Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Starmasui73146
    1487 posts Member
    edited October 18
    With these little tweaks that they made to IA and Co-Op, the mods are fantastic. What a feeling to fight hero AI, it's like watching a real saber duel!

Weren't those one on one duels something? I'm not a Force guy so I blocked a lot as Anakin and used my saber only, but wow was that intense. I felt like I was in the movie "Star Wars: A New Hope" as Obi Wan or "Star Wars: The Phantom Menace" as Obi Wan vs Maul.
    When I have time I'm going to test and record my results and see if I can come up for an explanation.

Well after a retest and plenty of sleep it shows that your info was pretty skewed, this was Geonosis on Rookie difficulty.

#1 Game Count 10 + 2 snipers behind me + me = 13
    #2 Game Count 10 + 2 snipers behind me + me = 13
    #3 Game Count 10 + 2 snipers behind me + me = 13
    #4 Game Count 12 + 0 snipers behind me + me = 13
    #5 Game Count 10 + 2 snipers behind me + me = 13
    #6 Game Count 11 + 1 sniper behind me + me = 13
    #7 Game Count 10 + 2 snipers behind me + me = 13
    #8 Game Count 10 + 2 snipers behind me + me = 13
    #9 Game Count 10 + 2 snipers behind me + me = 13

So the choices are still:
    13 vs 13
    11 vs 15
    9 vs 17

Rookie difficulty 12 friendly A.I. + me vs 13 enemy A.I. bots (so 13 vs 13)
    Normal difficulty 10 friendly A.I. + me vs 15 enemy A.I. bots (so 11 vs 15)
    Expert difficulty 8 friendly A.I. + me vs 17 enemy A.I. bots (so 9 vs 17)

Foot note: When leaving the starting spawn in Expert I noticed sometimes two running as one, overlapping each other, this might make you think there are 7 A.I. when there are actually 8 + you = 9.

So likely you took what they said and it was wishful thinking maybe? Plus my mind probably started believing you too and wanted it to be true so bad as well and I was tired. Plus if you were tired you may have seen double, just sayin'.
    “There is always hope.”
  • Imladithil2002
    274 posts Member
    edited October 17
    e1gbnzbpk1ap.jpg

Nice to hear, that friendly AI heroes may come someday.
    Post edited by Imladithil2002 on
  • e1gbnzbpk1ap.jpg

Nice to hear, that friendly AI heroes will come someday.

Where in that discussion did they say that that friendly Ai heroes will come someday? The key word in that conversation is "consider".
  • Imladithil2002
    274 posts Member
    edited October 17
    SAM4XE wrote: »
    e1gbnzbpk1ap.jpg

Where in that discussion did they say that that friendly Ai heroes will come someday? The key word in that conversation is "consider".

Yeah, you're right, i wanted to say "may" come. It's yet a little early in my country.
  • SAM4XE
    367 posts Member
    edited October 17
    e1gbnzbpk1ap.jpg

Yeah, you're right, i wanted to say "may" come. It's yet a little early in my country.

Don't worry you're not the only one who will interpret it as definite confirmation.
  • Was it confirmed you now need 4 players to start coop?
    I was in a party of 3 last night and it wouldn't start the timer till a 4th joined.
  • Mystical
    367 posts Member
    edited October 17
    Anyone else just getting destroyed by the AI Heroes in Instant Action? You really have to treat it like you are facing a real player. I like it; that's exactly how I wanted it to be, just like it was in the original games.

I was Maul last night in a co-op game with randoms. Yoda came and killed them and I barely took out Yoda myself. Was really awesome to see how good the ai heroes are now.
  • SAM4XE
    367 posts Member
    edited October 17
    PopoTateo wrote: »
    Was it confirmed you now need 4 players to start coop?
    I was in a party of 3 last night and it wouldn't start the timer till a 4th joined.

Yeah, I noticed that the game now requires 4 players to start a game of co-op. Finding a random player to start a game of co-op took me quite a while on several occasions today.
  • i managed to get all the galactic assault maps to load in team battle which is cool, can now have duels on the full maps! next i'm gonna see if i can spawn vehicles.
    creator of the All-In-One Modular @ Nexusmods
    "for a less annoying immersive experience, dl it today!"
  • With these little tweaks that they made to IA and Co-Op, the mods are fantastic. What a feeling to fight hero AI, it's like watching a real saber duel!

Weren't those one on one duels something? I'm not a Force guy so I blocked a lot as Anakin and used my saber only, but wow was that intense. I felt like I was in the movie "Star Wars: A New Hope" as Obi Wan or "Star Wars: The Phantom Menace" as Obi Wan vs Maul.
    When I have time I'm going to test and record my results and see if I can come up for an explanation.

Well after a retest and plenty of sleep it shows that your info was pretty skewed, this was Geonosis on Rookie difficulty.

13 vs 13
    11 vs 15
    9 vs 17

Foot note: When leave the starting spawn in Expert I noticed sometimes two running as one, overlapping each other, this might make you think there are 7 A.I. when there are actually 8 + you = 9.

So likely you took what they said and it was wishful thinking maybe? Plus my mind probably started believing you too and wanted it to be true so bad as well and I was tired. Plus if you were tired you may have seen double, just sayin'.

I never tested this myself. It is simply what the PC files say and I was relayed this information. There are 16 slots per team. I was assuming this would translate over to consoles but apparently not. Some people on here have speculated that these 3 spots might be for the Commandos and Droidekas possibly when they are released, or that the PC version got this 16v16 update and consoles are going to remain 13v13.
  • slarlac249 wrote: »
    i managed to get all the galactic assault maps to load in team battle which is cool, can now have duels on the full maps! next i'm gonna see if i can spawn vehicles.

that is cool any heroes that spawned besides Prequel? and did they play objective idk.
    Instant Action Saved The Offline Community!!

FRIENDLY FIRE -> ON/Off in IA
  • Normal difficulty is harder, i lost all matches till now.
    Rookie is more balanced.
  • Normal difficulty is harder, i lost all matches till now.
    Rookie is more balanced.

Does rookie limit the amount of AI Heroes? Will there only be 1-2 at a time on rookie or 3-4 on expert?

• Starmasui73146
    1487 posts Member
    edited October 18
    With these little tweaks that they made to IA and Co-Op, the mods are fantastic. What a feeling to fight hero AI, it's like watching a real saber duel!

13 vs 13
    11 vs 15
    9 vs 17

Foot note: When leave the starting spawn in Expert I noticed sometimes two running as one, overlapping each other, this might make you think there are 7 A.I. when there are actually 8 + you = 9.

I never tested this myself. It is simply what the PC files say and I was relayed this information. There are 16 slots per team. I was assuming this would translate over to consoles but apparently not. Some people on here have speculated that these 3 spots might be for the Commandos and Droidekas possibly when they are released, or that the PC version got this 16v16 update and consoles are going to remain 13v13.

-Yeah I know you were talking about PC files.

-The key word here is, ""assuming" this would translate over to consoles," but let's move on.

-Yeah it would be cool if 3 more got added as A.I. when those arrive but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Normal difficulty is harder, I lost all matches till now.
    Rookie is more balanced.

Instant Action: How to win on Expert diificulty on Geonosis with a 100% to 0% end.

Menu select:
    map: Geonosis
    A.I. Ability: Expert
    Round Length: Short
    Battle Points: Fast
    Enemy Heroes: Off

Step One: select the Assault Class and activate vanguard
    Step Two: take Command Post C
    Step three: take Command Post E (completely ignore D), the other friendly A.I. took B. Now protect those three B, C & E. Get some kills, now when you die...
    Step four: select the AT-RT
    Step five: Continue protecting those three B, C & E and occasionally attack Command Post A to keep their attention on you. You want the A.I. to panic thinking your going to take a 4th Command Post. Guess what? Times up and you just won 100% to 0%.

Wow did the devs ever amp the aggressiveness of the Learning A.I. in Co-Op.:
    Felucia lost.
    Geonosis lost.
    Naboo lost.
    Kashyyyk won.
    Kamino won.
    Geonosis barely won.
    Felucia barely won.
    Naboo barely won
    Kashyyyk won.

Co-Op mode A.I. is mega aggressive now but I'm adapting.

Felucia: They made A.I. on the final CP spawn on the right hill now, so they come up behind you constantly. We needed 3 heroes and a Tx-130 tank just to win it.

Geonosis: You should have seen in phase one the way they swarmed around the left CP it was like a bee hive. By the way, there is only 1 final CP now and it is really intense. We needed 2 heroes 1 wookiee and a Tx-130 tank to do it and even then we just barely eked it out.

Naboo: You know how on the final CP you can go behind the chair for cover? Well now A.I. ARC Troopers will come up and shoot you in the head while your ducking back there. I got him before he got me but it was so wildly intense. They're so dang mega aggressive now. I took on Chewbacca, Yoda, an ARC Trooper, a Jump Trooper and massive hordes of Troopers all just that spot.

Kamino: Fought A.I. Anakin three times, we still won though.

It takes getting a custom to it but you'll adapt to all the aggressive nature of the A.I...

“There is always hope.”
  • Anyone else just getting destroyed by the AI Heroes in Instant Action? You really have to treat it like you are facing a real player. I like it; that's exactly how I wanted it to be, just like it was in the original games.

yeah. is it just me or does the enemy get the ability to have 2 heroes and for us, just 1? if so it would really help if we could have an AI Hero as well. I was getting gang plowed by a dooku and maul duo that just would NOT separate lol. Idk maybe they do and they were just in another part of the map, but from the 2 games I played since the patch, it doesn't seem like there are ally ones unless I am the hero
  • andytheavs
    679 posts Member
    edited October 18
    A few thoughts. Upon release, I spent a solid week playing Instant Action with every different option I could including mods since I'm on PC, and I loved all of it. Then there were some double/triple XP events that could be accessed by playing COOP, so I dove into that, seeing my big chance to level reinforcements and heroes and get purple cards. Mission accomplished on that front!
    But in the process of leveling stuff, I realized COOP was awesome and actually provided the experience I was truly looking for in Instant Action. That is to say, total chaos in an area where multiple enemy and friendly units (including me) are smashing against each other.
    I went back to Instant Action yesterday with no mods and I could hear the crickets chirping it felt so dead. It was just a game of running. Run to a CP, maybe fight a few enemies (almost never see a friendly), capture it, run to another CP, start capturing it. By the time I've captured it, the first CP I captured has been recaptured by the enemy (because where are my teammates? I don't know, never spawning at CPs I've captured, that's for sure!), so start running to the next one.
    Don't misinterpret what I'm saying as dislike for Instant Action. I loved it from the moment it came out. I'm just trying to offer critical analysis based on my experiences playing. The beauty of it is I don't even have to care about winning the game. Can just do whatever is fun and enjoy it, but I'm just saying that in terms of playing the objective and trying to win the match and the way it feels while trying to do that, I think there are still improvements to be made and that COOP does a better job of it.
    Oh, and one more thought. Does anyone know if the difficulty levels have differences other than team sizes? Like AI damage, accuracy, reaction time, health? Because I do not like that our team gets smaller and smaller. If I wanted to play Onslaught, I would go into Arcade and play Onslaught!
  • andytheavs wrote: »
    A few thoughts. Upon release, I spent a solid week playing Instant Action with every different option I could including mods since I'm on PC, and I loved all of it. Then there were some double/triple XP events that could be accessed by playing COOP, so I dove into that, seeing my big chance to level reinforcements and heroes and get purple cards. Mission accomplished on that front!
    But in the process of leveling stuff, I realized COOP was awesome and actually provided the experience I was truly looking for in Instant Action. That is to say, total chaos in an area where multiple enemy and friendly units (including me) are smashing against each other.
    I went back to Instant Action yesterday with no mods and I could hear the crickets chirping it felt so dead. It was just a game of running. Run to a CP, maybe fight a few enemies (almost never see a friendly), capture it, run to another CP, start capturing it. By the time I've captured it, the first CP I captured has been recaptured by the enemy (because where are my teammates? I don't know, never spawning at CPs I've captured, that's for sure!), so start running to the next one.
    Don't misinterpret what I'm saying as dislike for Instant Action. I loved it from the moment it came out. I'm just trying to offer critical analysis based on my experiences playing. The beauty of it is I don't even have to care about winning the game. Can just do whatever is fun and enjoy it, but I'm just saying that in terms of playing the objective and trying to win the match and the way it feels while trying to do that, I think there are still improvements to be made and that COOP does a better job of it.
    Oh, and one more thought. Does anyone know if the difficulty levels have differences other than team sizes? Like AI damage, accuracy, reaction time, health? Because I do not like that our team gets smaller and smaller. If I wanted to play Onslaught, I would go into Arcade and play Onslaught!

The bot count in instant action is simply too low and maps like kashyyk and kamino clearly show this. The friendly ai are often spread too thinly because of this and also are not as efficient at playing the objective as the enemy ai.

The decision by EA/Dice to maintain parity across all platforms is the problem. Standard Xbox/ps4 consoles appear to be restricting instant action from being a true large scale experience.
  • Starmasui73146
    1487 posts Member
    edited October 18
    andytheavs wrote: »

"Instant Action" since the update is waaaaaay better and I never have any dull time. If I take a CP I guarantee you they are coming at me. As for the A.I. they have saved my life and retook CPs we lost. I'm not saying their perfect but it's better then before the patch.

"Co-Op": As for the recent update and the new hyper aggressive posture of the A.I.... I'm getting used to it now, I don't mind the intensity of the A.I. aggressiveness.

It's just a matter of adapting.
    “There is always hope.”
  • IA feels "empty" because is a sandbox mode, it's open and the battle extends throughout the front.
    Co-Op is different, you fight one CP at the time and the battle focuses around that one.
    They are both great but need all eras added.
  • Starmasui73146
    1487 posts Member
    edited October 18
    IA feels "empty" because is a sandbox mode, it's open and the battle extends throughout the front.
    Co-Op is different, you fight one CP at the time and the battle focuses around that one.

"Instant Action": If you feel it feels empty on Geonosis take Command Posts C and D the allied A.I. will take B. Now hold D, the enemy has a real thing for D, they do NOT like giving it up. Now jump in a AT-RT on D and watch the sparks fly, you'll get some action all right. They come at you in droves, lol. Usually it starts as a trickle probably 3 A.I. troops, then 5... Once you kill them and they see you have an AT-RT they send Darth Tyranus. Next 5 troops. Next respawned Darth Tyranus and General Grievous. Then 7 troops. Next respawned General Grevious and Darth Maul. Then 5 or 7 troops. Next Darth Tyranus and respawned Darth Maul and 11 enemy A.I. droids from all angles firing at you. Down goes the AT-RT...Boom, lol. This actually happened to me. Still think it's empty?

As for the differances:

Like I've said before "Instant Action" is just "Conquest" with slightly different rules.

As for "Co-Op" it's "Turning Point" (from SWBF 2015) except without the bombardment not allowing you to move forward, after you capture a CP. Instead you must wait for the map to tell you it's not out of bounds any more to allow you to move forward. So exactly identical just a different method of holding you back, that's all. Especially since they made Co-Op Geonosis map 1 CP in the final phase, now all maps are totally "Turning Point", totally.

“There is always hope.”
  • IA feels "empty" because is a sandbox mode, it's open and the battle extends throughout the front.

"Instant Action": If you feel it feels empty on Geonosis take Command Posts C and D the allied A.I. will take B. Now hold D, the enemy has a real thing for D, they do NOT like giving it up. Now jump in a AT-RT on D and watch the sparks fly, you'll get some action all right. They come at you in droves, lol. Usually it starts as a trickle probably 3 A.I. troops, then 5... Once you kill them and they see you have an AT-RT they send Darth Tyranus. Next 5 troops. Next respawned Darth Tyranus and General Grievous. Then 7 troops. Next respawned General Grevious and Darth Maul. Then 5 or 7 troops. Next Darth Tyranus and respawned Darth Maul and 11 enemy A.I. droids from all angles firing at you. Down goes the AT-RT...Boom, lol. This actually happened to me. Still think it's empty?

As for the differances:

Like I've said before "Instant Action" is just "Conquest" with slightly different rules.

As for "Co-Op" it's "Turning Point" (from SWBF 2015) except without the bombardment not allowing you to move forward, after you capture a CP. Instead you must wait for the map to tell you it's not out of bounds any more to allow you to move forward. So exactly identical just a different method of holding you back, that's all. Especially since they made Co-Op Geonosis map 1 CP in the final phase, now all maps are totally "Turning Point", totally.

It's not empty, i like it and find it great. I was just saying like that because i read someone saying IA feels a bit empty compared to Co-Op and i was explaining why you could get that feeling.
  • SAM4XE
    367 posts Member
    edited October 18
    Most instant action maps do often feel empty, particularly maps like kamino and kashyyk. Even with a 40 bot pc mod, kashyyk feels more like a game of hide and seek than a large battle.

As regards to co-op, yes the maps are sectioned off into phases but in each phase their are still more bots compared to instant action.
  • Starmasui73146
    1487 posts Member
    edited October 19
    IA feels "empty" because is a sandbox mode, it's open and the battle extends throughout the front.
    "Co-Op" is different, you fight one CP at the time and the battle focuses around that one. They are both great but need all eras added.

As for the differances:

As for "Co-Op" it's "Turning Point" (from SWBF 2015) except without the bombardment not allowing you to move forward, after you capture a CP. Instead you must wait for the map to tell you it's not out of bounds any more to allow you to move forward. So exactly identical just a different method of holding you back, that's all. Especially since they made "Co-Op " Geonosis map 1 CP in the final phase, now all maps are totally "Turning Point", totally.

It's not empty, I like it and find it great. I was just saying like that because I read someone saying IA feels a bit empty compared to Co-Op and I was explaining why you could get that feeling.

Yeah you did say "feels" empty, as opposed to "is" empty. It's all in the wording. Cool. 😎👍🏼

Most "Instant Action" maps do often feel empty, particularly maps like Kamino and Kashyyyk. Even with a 40 bot PC mod, Kashyyyk feels more like a game of hide and seek than a large battle.

As regards to "Co-Op", yes the maps are sectioned off into phases but in each phase their are still more bots compared to "Instant Action".

Again, since they amped the aggressiveness of the A.I. it is feeling quite a bit more active, just sayin'. 🙂
    “There is always hope.”
  • andytheavs
    679 posts Member
    edited October 19
    For sure each map has CPs that are biased toward one team or the other being the controller, and then there tends to be the one CP that is more neutrally located. Since we're talking Geonosis... Clones get C/B, Droids get D/A. The swing point is E, but on this map the AI on both teams can't resist funneling through the valley between B and A, so all the action has a natural tendency to occur there rather than at a CP.
    If I take E, sit on the high rocks, and just observe the A/B tug-o-war below, I'll get challenged by a handful of enemies during the game. Depending on how aggressively (or not) I pick off enemies in the valley, the A/B battle goes for or against my team. Because I'm acting as a blockade against any enemy traveling the D/E/C route, those CPs stay static all game with my team controlling two. My AI teammates almost never attempt to take the third one because they're all so focused on A/B.
    As Droids, if I start by taking E and then take C, it's quite a battle with Clones coming over the hill from the back of the map pretty consistently because that's their default spawn point (and also coming over from B ). I get overrun, spawn back at E, and repeat. I pretty much don't see any teammates during this process because they're all going for B. Since a lot of the enemy team is focused on getting to me at C, my team tends to take B. Then, FINALLY I start to see teammates because they have nothing left to do but go for C as well! Now we have a real battle on our hands with 20ish soldiers in the same area (felt a lot like COOP).
    This was all done on rookie so the team sizes would be equal, long match, slow battle points (does that even affect the AI?), no heroes. I only played the assault class.
    So, when I says things feel empty, it's because 1) AI on both teams tend to focus on limited parts of the map, 2) AI teammates almost never support me while taking or defending CPs that aren't on that main path, and 3) even if these things were addressed, team sizes are too small, so directing the AI to spread out would kind of just make it feel empty-ish all over the map instead of very empty in the "non-main path areas."
    Oh, and again, I want to repeat that I absolutely love Instant Action and I say all of this just to drive discussion on things that I think are important so that maybe they will be noticed by people that can make improvements (cough cough, anyone at DICE, are you lurking in here? If so, thank you!).
  • Starmasui73146
    1487 posts Member
    edited October 19
    For sure each map has CPs that are biased toward one team or the other being the controller, and then there tends to be the one CP that is more neutrally located. Since we're talking Geonosis... Clones get C/B, Droids get D/A. The swing point is E, but on this map the AI on both teams can't resist funneling through the valley between B and A, so all the action has a natural tendency to occur there rather than at a CP.
    If I take E, sit on the high rocks, and just observe the A/B tug-o-war below, I'll get challenged by a handful of enemies during the game. Depending on how aggressively (or not) I pick off enemies in the valley, the A/B battle goes for or against my team. Because I'm acting as a blockade against any enemy traveling the D/E/C route, those CPs stay static all game with my team controlling two. My AI teammates almost never attempt to take the third one because they're all so focused on A/B.

As Droids, if I start by taking E and then take C, it's quite a battle with Clones coming over the hill from the back of the map pretty consistently because that's their default spawn point (and also coming over from B ). I get overrun, spawn back at E, and repeat. I pretty much don't see any teammates during this process because they're all going for B. Since a lot of the enemy team is focused on getting to me at C, my team tends to take B.

Then, FINALLY I start to see teammates because they have nothing left to do but go for C as well! Now we have a real battle on our hands with 20ish soldiers in the same area (felt a lot like COOP).

This was all done on Rookie so the team sizes would be equal, long match, slow battle points (does that even affect the AI?), no heroes. I only played the assault class.
    So, when I says things feel empty, it's because:
    1.) AI on both teams tend to focus on limited parts of the map.
    2.) AI teammates almost never support me while taking or defending CPs that aren't on that main path, and
    3.) even if these things were addressed, team sizes are too small, so directing the AI to spread out would kind of just make it feel empty-ish all over the map instead of very empty in the "non-main path areas."

- Well no wonder it was dull for ya on Geonosis as the Clones, ya picked the dullest Command Post on the whole map... "E". Yeah agreed, "D" and "A" are by far the most active and yes the valley has the most clashes. Which ironically makes "E" the perfect place to snipe, how convenient, thank you for that tip. Now if only the Clone A.I. would sniper there.

- Oh how exciting, playing as droids, taking "E" then "C" creates big action, sweet thanks. I haven't played as droids on the Geonosis map in "Instant Action" in a while so this sounds amazing, thanks.

-I see what your saying now about the empty feel comment, I got it. But you know...I'm way to busy seeking out the excitement. I'm a thrill seeker, so if there is a hot zone, I'm so there. That would totally be "A" and "D" playing as a Cloner. Aaaand according to you I guess "E" and "C" as the droids. Sooooo yeah that's where you"ll find me. 😃 I'm just to busy going for the areas racked by war to worry about the dull zones. I mean what fun is that right? But ah mate, sometimes I do just gotta scratch my sniping itch too. 👍🏼

Any way, below is a log of some "Instant Action" glorious fun. Enjoy.

"Instant Action" the Complete Battle Breakdown (I'm going to relay everything I see):

Map: Geonosis
    Difficulty: Rookie
    Round Length: Long
    Battle Points: Slow
    Enemy Hero's: On
    Faction: Galactic Republic (Clone Army)

Event log (I audio recorded it blow by blow, then typed it out).

Load level time: 48 seconds to load the map, not bad. 🤔😃👍🏼

For this battle I'm intentionally only picking the Assault Class and the tank, nothing more.

(1.) Game start: 5 friendly A.I. went left to Command Post "B", 5 friendly A.I. went right and straight on to Command Post "C". 2 friendly A.I. clone Specialist Class Snipers kneeling behind me. Friendly A.I. succeeded in taking Command Posts "B" and "C". Enemy A.I. succeeds in taking Command Post "A" and "D". I go forward and take Command Posts "E", no resistance nor enemies seen yet. There's the dull, empty map part you meant. But just you wait readers, this battles gonna sizzle.

(2.) I continue on to "D" alone. 3 enemy A.I. on the path to "D" (they are: 2 Assault Class and 1 Officer Class), the officer placed a turret. I destroy the turret and the 3 enemies.

(3.) Arrive at Command Post "D" to find 3 Assault Class enemy A.I. and they succeed in killing me (this is because my health was already weak from the last battle I fought). Upon my death I saw an enemy BP Rocket Droid show up to help them defend "D". The enemy took back Command Post "E" as well.

(4.) Back at "D" after my respawn I arrive to find 4 enemy Assault Class A.I. droids now + the BP rocket droid but I succeeded in taking "D" any way. Then Darth Maul comes up the hill at me and Force Push/ Choked me and I died. They retook "D" and upon my death, 1 A.I. enemy Commando Droid arrived at "D" plus yet another Assault Class enemy droid. But good news while fighting at "D" my A.I. allies took back E; so all was not in-vain. So we now held "B", "C" and "E" again.

(5.) When I respawn as the Assault Class again I find enemy A.I. Darth Maul is only 200 meters away. He pursues me. I wind up trapped between two ledges with Darth Maul behind me and the (Trandoshin) Boosk in front of me. Maul cuts me down from behind with his lightsaber throw; dead yet again.

(6.) As earlier, I could have easily grabbed a Commando or a Hero upon respawn but I instead choose to grab something else, in this case a vehicle. I grabbed the TX-130 "Saber Tank" and headed towards Command Post "A". A friendly A.I. Assault Class shows some teamwork and helps me take on an enemy Droid Commando in front of us. I succeed in dropping him (with his help). The A.I. Assault trooper continues on to other enemies. I pressed on trying to reach Command Post "A".

(7.) Yet another powerful A.I. enemy confronts me it's Boosk again. But a friendly A.I. Enforcer Class Wookiee throws a Thermal Imploder Grenade and down went Boosk. Now that's teamwork!!! 😀👍🏼 But then A.I. enemy Darth Maul swoops in and slays the wookiee. 🥺 Nooooo! (Star Wars ANH flashback). But I succeed in my tank in kill him, yeah. 🙂

(8.) Now my tank on the way to "A" is assisted by 3 friendly Assault Class A.I. and 1 Heavy. Finally getting to "A" the real fight begins. A.I. enemy General Grevious is there viciously defending it with all he has. Friendly Troopers dropping left and right. But if that wasn't the worst, Darth Maul arrives to make it a dynamic duo of doom (lol, love that). I strategically withdrew due to severe tank damage and any progress we had made on Command Post "A" was lost. Finally taking a detour I worked my way back to "A" after healing my vehicle. I arrive to find only 1 friendly A.I. Assault Class left alive in the region... Enemy villains Maul and Grevious had already left for "D" and it was just the lowly A.I. trooper versus an enemy A.I. officer with his turret. Sounds like a piece of cake now, right? Wrong.

(9.) But then 4 enemy A.I. Assault Class spawn on Command Post "A" to my left and a BP Rocket Droid behind me. Then an enemy Heavy Class spawned behind me and an enemy sniper in the distance in front of me approaching. Then yet another BP Rocket Droid (making it 2 Enforcers, 4 Assaults, 1 Heavy and 1 Specialist) enemy A.I.. But that was just the beginning of the spawn ins.

(10.) Enemy Learning A.I. now seem to be just infinitely spawning near Command Post "A". Good grief, enemy A.I. is now just coming out of the freakin' woodwork, none stop. This is sweet! And another enemy trooper, and another, and another aaaaaaand whoop I'm dead. 😂 Lol, this is funny stuff. 👍🏼 Boom goes the tank. We failed yet again to take "A".

(11.) I look at the hud we have 40% the enemy has 0%. Enemy still retains "A" and "D" with great fervor. I decided to go to "D" this time again as a TX-130 "Saber Tank"....Hey I like the thing what can I say, lol. 🤣 When I get there I find an enemy Officer with a turret set up and a BP Rocket Droid. After killing the officer with the rapid fire, I launched all my rockets at the BP. He decided to flee, wise decision A.I.. I took Command Post "D".

(12.) Then 3 enemy Super Battle Droids showed up, 1 enemy Commando Droid, 1 Enemy Heavy Class and 1 enemy Assault Class all at the same time, plus Darth Maul was coming up the hill. I dropped the three Supers and started mowing down the rest. And then it got nasty. Yes it gets worse, lol. Another enemy Super Battle Droid shows up followed by endless respawn waves of droid Assault Class troops. Things were getting pretty thick. I managed to drop Darth Maul some how, phew.

(13.) Then General Grevious came up the hill with Boosk at his side, like some kind of intergalactic tag team. Now my repairing vehicle is getting severely damaged. Literally every A.I. on the map is bent on Command Post "D" now.
    This is great! 😁 The enemy has now completely surrounded me villains and troops.

(14.) The Learning A.I. do NOT like it when you take "D". I do not know what it is about "D", but they really hate it when you take "D" and "A" as well. Yeah I know it's their captured CP and all, but it's more then that. I do not get the same reaction when I take "E". Soooooo "D" and "A" the Learning A.I. seem to treat like their children, it's just fascinating. They really take it personally.
    Any way, back to the battle....

(15.) By some miracle I manage to drop Grevious with my missiles. My tank is now redline and beeping. But good news, while I'm here (fighting pretty much everybody) my friendly A.I. have succeeded in claiming the rest of the field. My distraction strategy worked. Now I can die a hero defending Command Post "D".

Still endless waves coming at me now, it's none stop, highly aggressive A.I.. There still sending everything and the kitchen sink at me. You name it they sent it, BP Rocket Droids, Super Battle Droids, Heavy Class, Sniper Class, Assault Class, Officer Class, just wave upon wave, upon wave, upon wave, it never stops. If you kill them they just respawn and come at you from another angle at "D". There literally coming in from all sides now. I'm not gonna last much longer.

(16.) 86% now, all enemies vanquished from D, my word how did I manage that one? Well it was kinda hard to miss them, there were so many. Finally a little down time and I get a breather.

Watching the hud: Enemy A.I. re-evaluating the situation and attacking friendly A.I. defended C.P.s. They fail and guess what...right back at me they ALL come. 88% now, here they come. 7 enemy Assault Class + Darth Maul.

95% now, there almost on me. I am again redline. I see other C.P.s fluctuating being under heavy attack. But the friendly A.I. really step it up a notch and fight them off.

Almost dead now, my task is done. Darth Maul has almost finished off my tank.
    99% now, I'm dead. 100% we won.

The End.

P.S. - And that is without the enemy having Destroyer Droids (Droideka), Tanks and Star Fighters.

How's that for a battle. I recorded it and had witnesses, totally a fact. Well done DICE, well done. 👍🏼🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
    “There is always hope.”
  • Does anyone want to play some private matches on 2015 Battlefront? I'm on PS4 and just want to take a look around all those maps that aren't accessible offline.
    Instant Action is on the horizon! Thank you DICE so much for this incredible addition to the game!
  • Official response to why friendly Ai heroes aren't enabled.

jbhu7x197s5r.jpg

As a long as they limited the Ai heroes to one lightsaber and one blaster hero, I personally wouldn't have a problem with Ai restricting my choice.
  • SAM4XE wrote: »
    Official response to why friendly Ai heroes aren't enabled.

jbhu7x197s5r.jpg

As a long as they limited the Ai heroes to one lightsaber and one blaster hero, I personally wouldn't have a problem with Ai restricting my choice.

The best solution has already been suggested by myself and others.........
    If you want a hero being controlled by the ai. Have that hero die When selected, so you can spawn in as him/her.
    Perhaps that needs suggesting on reddit. It’s obvious this thread is only looked at every once in a while.

jbhu7x197s5r.jpg

Why not just respawn the bot, who uses the hero, the player wants to play? They could implement a system, where this bot would spawn as whatever the player used before, so the team would stay relatively balanced. In addition to that, the player still has access to all the CW heroes and isn't restricted. Just a thought...
  • Does anyone want to play some private matches on 2015 Battlefront? I'm on PS4 and just want to take a look around all those maps that aren't accessible offline.

Hello there !
    I don't have much time to play, but you can add me on ps4 if you need a partner to launch private matches ! See you.

May The Force Be With You, Always.
  • SAM4XE
    367 posts Member
    edited October 20

jbhu7x197s5r.jpg

If you want a hero being controlled by the ai. Have that hero die When selected, so you can spawn in as him/her.
    Perhaps that needs suggesting on reddit. It’s obvious this thread is only looked at every once in a while.

Well I opted for a less selfish suggestion and it would be far easier to implement. What if that friendly hero is capturing a crucial command post when the player decides they want to choose that hero and de-spawns the ai hero?

jbhu7x197s5r.jpg

jbhu7x197s5r.jpg

jbhu7x197s5r.jpg

Why not just respawn the bot, who uses the hero, the player wants to play? They could implement a system, where this bot would spawn as whatever the player used before, so the team would stay relatively balanced. In addition to that, the player still has access to all the CW heroes and isn't restricted. Just a thought...

@Imladithil: Okay now that's just brilliant, hands down.
    “There is always hope.”

jbhu7x197s5r.jpg

Best suggestion yet!

g8pr9p58zfam.jpg

• Only1CookieMan1
    188 posts Member
    edited October 20
    Why not just add an option Friendly Heroes:On/Off, Off heroes wouldn't spawn on your team but you wouldn't have to worry about your heroes being taken. On would spawn heroes but you suffer the risk of the heroes being stolen.
    Instant Action Saved The Offline Community!!

FRIENDLY FIRE -> ON/Off in IA

Hello there !
    I don't have much time to play, but you can add me on ps4 if you need a partner to launch private matches ! See you.

May The Force Be With You, Always.

Awesome! What is your PS name? I'll add you!
    Instant Action is on the horizon! Thank you DICE so much for this incredible addition to the game!
  • Why not just add an option Friendly Heroes:On/Off, Off heroes wouldn't spawn on your team but you wouldn't have to worry about your heroes being taken. On would spawn heroes but you suffer the risk of the heroes being stolen.

THIS

I never thought of this but it’s PERFECT. I can see both sides. I sometimes want the free to choose whatever character I want, but I also would love to see friendly AI Heroes. The banter and the immersive aspects make this Star Wars experience great.

This is the option we need added. Great idea Cookie
  • andytheavs
    679 posts Member
    edited October 20
    Why not just add an option Friendly Heroes:On/Off, Off heroes wouldn't spawn on your team but you wouldn't have to worry about your heroes being taken. On would spawn heroes but you suffer the risk of the heroes being stolen.
    I'm on PC. There are already mods that enable Friendly Heroes. I can confirm that you are indeed locked out of any Hero that is already on the battle field. A couple of AI heroes actually spawn in at the start of the game. For example, on Kashyyyk I saw Dooku and Grievous heading out. Although, this was also with the 32v32 mod, so maybe fewer heroes would start the game with standard team sizes...
    I think the key to getting Friendly Heroes added is to find a solution that requires the least amount of new code/systems/testing to be done by DICE. CookieMan's suggestion fits that description and is exactly what the PC mods already do, so we know it works. It's a compromise, but I think it's a good one that would get one of our requested features into the game as quickly as possible.
    Has anyone here gotten a response from Manuel Llanes on twitter or reddit before?
    Post edited by andytheavs on
  • andytheavs wrote: »
    I'm on PC. There are already mods that enable Friendly Heroes. I can confirm that you are indeed locked out of any Hero that is already on the battle field.

Strange, the mods I've used will let me spawn any hero, even if the ai hero is using the one i chose.
    I'm on PC. There are already mods that enable Friendly Heroes. I can confirm that you are indeed locked out of any Hero that is already on the battle field.
    Strange, the mods I've used will let me spawn any hero, even if the ai hero is using the one i chose.
    True, I forgot about that, there are different versions of the mods that just make it like a free for all. I'm assuming DICE wouldn't want to allow two of the same hero to play at the same time.