criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Instant Action & PvE Feedback

Replies

• Scoundrel wrote: »
    Why not just add an option Friendly Heroes:On/Off, Off heroes wouldn't spawn on your team but you wouldn't have to worry about your heroes being taken. On would spawn heroes but you suffer the risk of the heroes being stolen.

THIS

I never thought of this but it’s PERFECT. I can see both sides. I sometimes want the free to choose whatever character I want, but I also would love to see friendly AI Heroes. The banter and the immersive aspects make this Star Wars experience great.

This is the option we need added. Great idea Cookie

I agree, a toggle option would be best. PLZ Dice make it happen. Would be cool to see random AI heroes fight eachother while I play as another unit or something.
  • So what do you think DICE will add to Instant action this week in the update?
    - All star cards, weapons unlocked
    - reinforcement AI
    - Vehicle AI

I personally can see all cards/weapons unlocked (not tough to do)
    50/50 on reinforcement AI
    Vehicle AI most likely will come in Nov. due to it being complex

Of course I'd love all 3 things to come this week, but I'm being realistic
  • Oilerfan78 wrote: »
    So what do you think DICE will add to Instant action this week in the update?
    - All star cards, weapons unlocked
    - reinforcement AI
    - Vehicle AI

I personally can see all cards/weapons unlocked (not tough to do)
    50/50 on reinforcement AI
    Vehicle AI most likely will come in Nov. due to it being complex

Of course I'd love all 3 things to come this week, but I'm being realistic

yea prob what you said although i hope they work on commando droids tho, like dash, MELEE pls Dice
    Instant Action Saved The Offline Community!!

FRIENDLY FIRE -> ON/Off in IA
  • SAM4XE wrote: »
    PopoTateo wrote: »
    SAM4XE wrote: »
    Official response to why friendly Ai heroes aren't enabled.

jbhu7x197s5r.jpg

As a long as they limited the Ai heroes to one lightsaber and one blaster hero, I personally wouldn't have a problem with Ai restricting my choice.

The best solution has already been suggested by myself and others.........
    If you want a hero being controlled by the ai. Have that hero die When selected, so you can spawn in as him/her.
    Perhaps that needs suggesting on reddit. It’s obvious this thread is only looked at every once in a while.

Well I opted for a less selfish suggestion and it would be far easier to implement. What if that friendly hero is capturing a crucial command post when the player decides they want to choose that hero and de-spawns the ai hero?

I don't really think that's a problem.

You can still see which command posts are being captured when choosing your class right? So if you want to be extra careful, you wait for it to be captured before spawning.
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

Instant Action confirmed!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^

• Does anyone want to play some private matches on 2015 Battlefront? I'm on PS4 and just want to take a look around all those maps that aren't accessible offline.

Hello there !
    I don't have much time to play, but you can add me on ps4 if you need a partner to launch private matches ! See you.

May The Force Be With You, Always.

Awesome! What is your PS name? I'll add you!

Same as my name on the forum.
  • Does anyone want to play some private matches on 2015 Battlefront? I'm on PS4 and just want to take a look around all those maps that aren't accessible offline.

Hello there !
    I don't have much time to play, but you can add me on ps4 if you need a partner to launch private matches ! See you.

Next time I'm on I'll add you!!

What does everyone hope for the patch notes tomorrow? Apparently there is a little something to look out for according to Ben. I wonder if it will be those Commandos and Droidekas? Excited to see what's next!
    Instant Action is on the horizon! Thank you DICE so much for this incredible addition to the game!

Hello there !

What does everyone hope for the patch notes tomorrow? Apparently there is a little something to look out for according to Ben. I wonder if it will be those Commandos and Droidekas? Excited to see what's next!

Probably Commandos and Droidekas, if not Vehicle AI... hopefully both. Shooting at troopers with the TX-130 is fun and all, but I'd love to be able to blow up enemy tanks in Instant Action & Co-op.

Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Imladithil2002
    273 posts Member
    edited October 21
    Does anyone want to play some private matches on 2015 Battlefront? I'm on PS4 and just want to take a look around all those maps that aren't accessible offline.

Hello there !

I'm really looking forward to see, what's coming to IA and Co-op in the Update. It's a bit unlikely, that AI vehicles are coming in this Update but one can hope. I think/hope, we are getting:
    - AI Clone Commandos and AI Droidekas
    - the announced AI Vanguard nerf
    - an increase of the team sizes up to 16vs16
    - some Bug Fixes, like the AI-shooting-while-rolling-bug, Obi-Wan's mind trick not working on bots, Loading screen theme not playing or the Server lags in Co-op
    - AI Commando Droids using their Vibro Sword
    - all Star Cards and Weapons unlocked for Instant Action

Of course i'd like to see some new options, but i doubt this is something to come in the October Update. I have some other ideas as well (and perhaps i will make a list after the Update) but first i really want to see, where the way leads with PvE in Battlefront 2.
    Post edited by Imladithil2002 on
  • Patch notes are up for the next one. Major changes are that all Star Cards are unlocked for Instant Action now. And for you PC players, you may now select the number of AI for Instant Action.
  • Patch notes are up for the next one. Major changes are that all Star Cards are unlocked for Instant Action now. And for you PC players, you may now select the number of AI for Instant Action.

Well, that is at least something you know

Don't appreciate your tone sir.

I wasn't aware that I'm not allowed to speculate and discuss with you guys? The PC files thing is fact, you can say what you want about it. Yes, I speculated about it being true for console as well, which it seems it was not, but I don't need a comment whenever I decide to post something now.

Don't appreciate your tone sir.

I wasn't aware that I'm not allowed to speculate and discuss with you guys? The PC files thing is fact, you can say what you want about it. Yes, I speculated about it being true for console as well, which it seems it was not, but I don't need a comment whenever I decide to post something now.

Take a chill pill :D Did not mean to offend you or something, just read the CT and what not very overwhelmed. So my "well at least that is something" was meant as this. At least we got something for Instant Action. But as someone who is remembering the old instant action from the OG games, I was simply hoping for more
  • OH. Dude, I'm so sorry. I've seen too many people say how wrong I was about the AI count, and I'm just over here like 'how many times can I say I'm sorry' haha, I truly, sincerely apologize man.

But yes, I agree with you. I'm glad Star Cards are unlocked like Arcade.
  • Mystical
    367 posts Member
    edited October 22
    So for pc players that can set AI players does that mean they can have more or just decide between the capped amount already? I'd love if PS4 Pro/Xbox One X console versions could set higher AI numbers too.
  • Apparently, F3RGE on Discord said they can set it up to 32v32. I saw the screenshot somebody had taken of him saying that. Crazy. And yes, I do wish the beefier consoles could support more. Heck, I wish all consoles had at least the option to crank it up a hair even if it sacrificed performance. It could be like an experimental option that was your choice on whether you wanted to use or not.
  • Changes are always welcomed, as long as those changes IMPROVE things. I’m a little worried about the “changes to the amount of capture locations in coop”.
    Unlike some, I need coop to be a challenge. Felucia and naboo last phases are a challenge. If they’ve added a second zone to those last phases it will be to easy. Easy = boring, to me at least.

Happy the cards are now all purple in IA, but it looks like another month minimum for droidekas, commandos and vehicles. 🙁
  • Apparently, F3RGE on Discord said they can set it up to 32v32. I saw the screenshot somebody had taken of him saying that. Crazy. And yes, I do wish the beefier consoles could support more. Heck, I wish all consoles had at least the option to crank it up a hair even if it sacrificed performance. It could be like an experimental option that was your choice on whether you wanted to use or not.

They would have enabled it if was possible, so it must be a performance issue.
    Im not massively fussed. IA is actually quite hard sometimes. Once droidekas and vehicles are included, it’s only going to get harder. Extra bots might even be a bad thing.

• PopoTateo wrote: »
    Apparently, F3RGE on Discord said they can set it up to 32v32. I saw the screenshot somebody had taken of him saying that. Crazy. And yes, I do wish the beefier consoles could support more. Heck, I wish all consoles had at least the option to crank it up a hair even if it sacrificed performance. It could be like an experimental option that was your choice on whether you wanted to use or not.

Im not massively fussed. IA is actually quite hard sometimes. Once droidekas and vehicles are included, it’s only going to get harder. Extra bots might even be a bad thing.

Yeah if the base player count on console stays the same with additional vehicles then I think it'll be ok. I just hope the Ai on the ground don't get replaced for the vehicle spots when it comes.

With that said I am still having fun in Instant Action. I played on Geonosis last night and there were not too many dull moments. At one point there were 4-5 enemy AI taking an entire objective and my side couldn't stop them from stealing it, was pretty cool.

I may buy Battlefront II on pc just for instant action though to see that higher AI count. I'll have to boot up that origin launcher, it's been a long time since I opened that thing lol
  • I read the CT and was little let down by much of it because it was stuff we already knew or stuff that doesn't bother me. However I look forward to trying out the new Jet Trooper skin as well as seeing the ambient background battles in Instant Action and Co-op!!
    Instant Action is on the horizon! Thank you DICE so much for this incredible addition to the game!
  • Imladithil2002
    273 posts Member
    edited October 22
    I read the CT and was little let down by much of it because it was stuff we already knew or stuff that doesn't bother me. However I look forward to trying out the new Jet Trooper skin as well as seeing the ambient background battles in Instant Action and Co-op!!

As someone who doesn't know anything about programming, i asked myself, if the additional background battles are perhaps so performance intensive, that we could have gotten some more bots instead. I would have liked that more, if it were an alternative to it.
  • Imladithil2002
    273 posts Member
    edited October 22
    Apparently, it would be hard to increase the bot count on consoles at all. F8RGE just answered a question concerning this topic on Reddit:

3tdy43tq7x6y.jpg

At least, they seem to work on new options for IA.
  • Apparently, it would be hard to increase the bot count on consoles at all. F8RGE just answered a question concerning this topic on Reddit:

3tdy43tq7x6y.jpg

At least, they seem to work on new options for IA.

Yeah I replied to him in that thread. I was hoping with Xbox One X at least (which is more powerful than the regular xbox one) it it could get even 2-4 more extra AI at least. Any extra amount would be cool. My only guess is they are capped since they are saving the extra memory for vehicle AI slots once those get added in.
  • 32v32mod with friendly heroes...
    a52t2rdh5uac.jpg
    2 of my followers are strong with the force. I'll let you all know how this goes!
  • OH. Dude, I'm so sorry. I've seen too many people say how wrong I was about the AI count, and I'm just over here like 'how many times can I say I'm sorry' haha, I truly, sincerely apologize man.

But yes, I agree with you. I'm glad Star Cards are unlocked like Arcade.

You were trying to help, no matter what they say, most of us appreciate that 👍

I personally wouldn't even know where to begin with "looking into the files"😂
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^

Like BL3 has the option of graphics or performance!

I'd like something similar with a higher bot count for consoles too

I'll accept lower frames for it.
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

• PopoTateo wrote: »
    Apparently, F3RGE on Discord said they can set it up to 32v32. I saw the screenshot somebody had taken of him saying that. Crazy. And yes, I do wish the beefier consoles could support more. Heck, I wish all consoles had at least the option to crank it up a hair even if it sacrificed performance. It could be like an experimental option that was your choice on whether you wanted to use or not.

Fair point.

Level-headed as always Pops! 👍
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

• after the new update I would say for coop...
    player respawn after death time should be decreased, or add incapp and revive
    Hero cost should be around 1k with new saber system for coop only, they are now more inline with regular classes. Or make them free, coop doesn't need only hero's to win, you change classes depending on the situation.

you can select faction now, but you should have the choice of faction and defense/offense for all maps. Do you want to play lightside defense, or lightside offense.
  • Starmasui73146
    1482 posts Member
    edited October 23
    The New 1.41 Up-date, the Things That Apply to "Instant Action" and PVE "Co-Op"

FEATURES
    1.) Faction selection and Defend scenarios added to "CO-OP."
    2.) New appearances for Luke Skywalker and Han Solo will become available to unlock with Credits or Crystals, or through a special challenge.

QUALITY OF LIFE
    Redesigned the Abilities Overlay screen, which now shows your equipped Star Cards. For relevant Hero characters, added an icon and information about the passive ability that lets them regain health when they defeat an enemy.

Tweaked the logic and timing of stagger animations to allow players to move easier after attacks.
    1.) All characters are now immune to staggers for 0.7 seconds after having been staggered. This is applicable to staggering abilities, melee and Lightsaber attacks.
    2.) Players will be able to move and use abilities out of a stagger 0.15 seconds earlier for all characters.
    3.) Reduced the time length of staggers when hit from behind by 0.15 seconds.

Health on Kill/Health on Damage Messaging
    1.) All Heroes except Bossk gain an amount of health when they defeat an enemy. This is now shown with a health icon and health bar animation as it takes effect.
    2.) The same messaging is implemented for the Clone Commando when he gains health (when dealing damage while Battle Focus ability is active.)

Nameplate and Health Bar Readability Tweaks
    1.) Above Head: Added dark background to improve readability
    2.) Stamina Bar: Tweaked color for improved readability
    3.) Player Health Bar: Introduced visuals to more clearly define the amount of incoming damage you just took.

Game Mode Messaging
    -Tweaked visuals to improve readability and align with overall style.

HERO CHANGES
    1.) Hero abilities will not get cancelled, when Heroes are hit with melee attacks. A melee attack right after a Lightsaber attack should not stagger the player.
    2.) Pass on all Hero abilities, letting players use them during or after being staggered, depending on the ability.

Count Dooku
    1.) Duelist: Letting players use their abilities 0.3 seconds earlier and evade 0.15 seconds earlier
    2.) Expose Weakness: Letting players use their abilities 0.15 seconds earlier and evade 0.15 seconds earlier
    3.) Lightning Stun: Letting players move 0.15 seconds earlier

General Grievous
    1.) Thrust Surge: Letting players evade 0.3 seconds earlier, move and use their abilities 0.15 seconds earlier after hitting a target
    2.) Thrust Surge: Letting players evade 1 seconds earlier and use their abilities 0.4 seconds earlier after "not" hitting a target

Kylo Ren
    -Force Pull: Letting players move 0.1 seconds earlier

Anakin Skywalker
    1.) Passionate Strike: Letting players evade. move and use their abilities 0.1 seconds earlier
    2.) Retribution: Letting players their abilities 0.1 seconds earlier

Obi-Wan Kenobi
    1.) All-Out Push: Letting players evade, move and use their abilities 0.1 seconds earlier
    2.) Defensive Rush: Letting players evade and move 0.15 seconds earlier. Players can use their abilities 0.1 seconds earlier

Emperor Palpatine
    1.) Electrocute: Letting players evade and use their abilities 0.05 seconds earlier. Players can move 0.1 seconds earlier
    2.) Chain Lightning: Letting players move and use their abilities 0.15 seconds earlier

Captain Phasma
    -Staff Strikes: Letting players move 0.6 seconds earlier and evade 0.4 seconds earlier

Darth Vader
    - Focused Rage: Letting players move 0.4 seconds earlier

Fixed an issue that would cause several Hero abilities to cancel when performed at the same time as a dash / roll. Abilities affected:
    1.) Han Solo - Shoulder Charge
    2.) Emperor Palpatine - Dark Aura, Chain Lightning
    3.) Count Dooku - Duelist, Lightning Stun, Expose Weakness

Fixed an issue where Health-On-Kill would occasionally award the wrong amount of health when killing Troopers.

LIGHTSABER HEROES
    1.) Abilities are not staggering front-facing Heroes who are blocking. If a player blocks an ability coming from the front, the Hero will only perform a blocking animation, but will not get staggered by it. If a player blocks an ability coming from behind them, the Hero will be fully affected by the ability (blocking animation and staggering).
    2.) Blaster shots now drain stamina of blocking Heroes based on weapon damage, instead of a fixed value.
    3.) Fixed an issue where Lightsaber sound would keep playing, when dodging with the Lightsaber turned off.
    4.) Fixed an issue where deflected blaster shots were not shown properly as the cause of death.
    5.) Fixed an issue that would cause the wrong sound and UI effects to appear, when players are hurt or defeated by deflected blaster shots.
    6.) Fixed an issue where Lightsaber Heroes would still take damage after completing a dash.

KYLO REN
    1.) Resilience Star Card now states that it has damage reduction.
    2.) Damage reduction for the Resilience Star Card is now reduced 10-13-16-20 to 4-6-8-10%.
    3.) Added UI elements for increased Lightsaber damage when Kylo Ren had the Power of Darkness Star Card equipped and uses Frenzy.

LUKE SKYWALKER
    - Fixed an issue where Luke Skywalker's Push ability could sometimes be refunded, despite hitting enemies.

GENERAL GRIEVOUS
    1.) Fixed an issue where the Thrust Surge ability could sometimes be refunded, despite hitting enemies.
    2.) Fixed an issue where using Thrust Surge on a moving target, would occasionally cause General Grievous to spin.
    3.) Fixed an issue that would cause General Grievous to get stuck after using Unrelenting Advance.
    4.) Fixed an issue where the Claw Rush ability could be reset when activating it when falling from certain heights.
    5.) Fixed an issue where General Grievous' Unrelenting Advance ability would get cancelled by melee attacks.

EMPEROR PALPATINE
    1.) The Chain Lighting ability now shows the target number when available against opponents. Players cannot trigger it without having a target.
    2.) The staggering effect of Emperor Palpatine's double-hand lightning attack has been removed. The stamina cost of the attack has been reduced from 20 to 16 points, increasing the sustain time from 5.5 to 6.5 seconds.

BOSSK
    1.) Increased the speed of the Predator Instincts animation, reducing its duration by 0.5 seconds.
    2.) Reduced the active time of the Proximity Mines from 0.3 to 0.1 seconds, allowing players to act earlier.
    3.) Reduced the active time of the Dioxis Grenade from 0.4 to 0 seconds, allowing players to act earlier.

CHEWBACCA
    1.) Fixed an issue where Chewbacca's Charge Slam ability would occasionally affect enemies through walls.

YODA
    - Fixed an issue that would prevent Yoda's Presence ability to work as intended and remove detrimental effects, when affected by an enemy's immobilizing ability.

OBI-WAN KENOBI
    1.) Fixed an issue where Obi-Wan Kenobi would get damage reduction and immunity to enemy Force abilities, when trying to use All-Out Push at the same time as attacking with his Lightsaber or using another ability.
    2.; Fixed an issue where All-Out Push would get activated, but not trigger any animation or push if used at the same time as a Lightsaber strike.

ANAKIN SKYWALKER
    1.) Fixed an issue where Anakin's Passionate Strike ability would not properly reset if the player was interrupted by an opponent.
    2.) Fixed an issue where Heroic Might was refunded when Anakin successfully triggered it, while no enemies are in range

IDEN VERSIO
    - Fixed an issue where Iden's character model would occasionally change color while performing a combat roll.

COUNT DOOKU
    - Fixed an issue where count Dooku's Expose Weakness would not be refunded if he killed his target.

GAME MODE AND MAP CHANGES
    -Enabled background ambience VFX on several "Co-Op" and "Instant Action" maps.

"CO-OP"
    1.) "Co-Op" is now accessible from the Frontend menu, through a special tile next to Single Player and Multiplayer. Players can then select the faction they want to play as.
    2.) Redesigned the "Co-Op" in-game scoreboard to focus only on the playing team.
    3.) Fixed an issue with lack of accurate objective messaging during phase shifts on "Co-Op".
    4.) Fixed an issue where players would occasionally not show up correctly during the End-Of-Round Scoreboard screen on "Co-Op".
    5.) Fixed an issue where 2 players would occasionally spawn in Out-Of-Bounds areas when playing "Co-Op" on Naboo.
    6.) Balancing and tweaking of several "Co-Op" maps, such as changing the amount of Command Posts in certain maps and phases.

"INSTANT ACTION"
    1.)All Star Cards, weapons and mods are now unlocked and fully upgraded on Instant Action.
    2.) Fixed an issue with text overlapping during End-Of-Round screens, when the player goes online right before the match ends.
    3.) Fixed an issue where the announcer would refer to Command Post D, when the player plays as a Separatist and loses command post C.
    4.) Fixed an issue where the VO audio for a new phase VO would occasionally not play.
    5.) Added option for setting number of AI players per team in Instant Action on PC.

MAP CHANGES
    - Various minor visual and VFX improvements on Felucia.

CHANGES TO CLASSES AND SPECIAL UNITS
    CLONE COMMANDO
    1.) Fixed an issue where the Clone Commando's Repulsor Blast ability could not defeat enemy AI on "Arcade".
    2.) Audio adjustments to the Clone Commando's abilities.

JET TROOPER
    - Added a new default appearance for the Clone Jet Trooper.

DROIDEKA
    - Fixed an issue where the Droideka's shield effect would cancel out any distortion screen effects caused by the Officer's Flash Grenade.

GENERAL CHANGES/MISC
    1.) Distortion effects are now enabled when Post Process Quality is set to Low.
    2.) Fixed an issue that would cause Voice Over interruptions when the End-Of-Round screens show up.
    3.) Minor issues fixed on Single Player and Instant Action Front-End menus.

You can see the full article here:
    https://www.newsweek.com/star-wars-battlefront-2-update-1-41-ewok-hunt-patch-notes-1467162

Oooor go to the Official Thread, "Community Transmission - Another Night on Endor Update & Release Notes":
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/147795/community-transmission-another-night-on-endor-update-release-notes/

Here's another article as well:
    https://www.onmsft.com/news/star-wars-battlefront-ii-xbox-one-video-game-update-adds-new-maps-skins-features

Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • I can confirm, that AI Clone Commandos are now available in Co-op and Instant Action. I have no video footage though.
  • Does anyone know the exact number of AI on consoles in IA? I have counted 12.
  • Starmasui73146
    1482 posts Member
    edited October 25
    Llunots wrote: »
    Does anyone know the exact number of AI on consoles in IA? I have counted 12.

Yep 12 A.I. + you = 13 (so 13 vs 13) 😎 So 26 combatants on the field of "Instant Action" battle but don't worry they spawn in so fast near untaken Command Posts you'll likely be to busy to notice, lol. 🤣

13 vs 13 Rookie
    11 vs 15 Hard
    9 vs 17 Elite
    I can confirm, that AI Clone Commandos are now available in "Co-op" and "Instant Action". I have no video footage though.

Yep correct, I have fought the enemy A.I. Commando and he so far used two out of the three abilities including the grenade launcher atachment.

I also noticed the enemy A.I. Arc Trooper used his charged blast. I also saw an Arc Trooper named Turbo. 😎

Just used Explosive Sentry with the Heavy Class on Yoda; he was 300 meters out. I blasted away at him and he still rushed me quickly, he then killed me. His health was at 22% at my death.

Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • I can confirm, that AI Clone Commandos are now available in "Co-op" and "Instant Action". I have no video footage though.

Yep correct, I have fought the A.I. Commando and he so far used two out of the three abilities including the rockets.

I also noticed the Arc Trooper used his charged blast. I also saw an Arc Trooper named Turbo. 😎

Actually the Clone Commandos are using all 3 abilities. While i started emoting an allied AI CC, he buffed me and shot droids with his grenades. He used his Repulsor Blast as well, very inefficient, but he did use it.
    The only Reinforcement abilities i didn't see in IA so far, are the Commando Droid's Vibro Sword (confirmed, that they don't use it) and the ARC's Revealing ability (i think, they use it, since the Commando Droids are using their Revealing ability as well, but i just haven't seen it).
  • Actually the Clone Commandos are using all 3 abilities.
    That's why I said "so far" as in I have yet to experience the third one yet.

While I started emoting an allied AI CC, he buffed me and shot droids with his grenades. He used his Repulsor Blast as well, very inefficiently, but he did use it.
    That's cool.
    The only Reinforcement abilities I didn't see in IA so far, are the Commando Droid's Vibro Sword (confirmed, that they don't use it) and the ARC's Revealing ability (I think, they use it, since the Commando Droids are using their Revealing ability as well, but I just haven't seen it).
    Yeah that ones a mystery to me too why it isn't active? Also why do A.I. not get Star Cards?
    “There is always hope.”
  • Only1CookieMan1
    188 posts Member
    edited October 23
    A couple of things I noticed:

Bad News: The Hero AI seem to have a weird glitch when some of them jump VERY high, like Chewbacca I really noticed a lot and Anakin once; the jump is very high and odd looking, Anakin went to the moons, all this was on Geonosis though (i think).

Good News: I am not sure If this is a bug but I saw a 41st Elite Corps officer on Naboo when it's supposed to be 501st, I'm cool with it, it's actually kinda awesome and not game breaking and on the topic of skins Anakin and Obi-wan had Clone Wars skins on with the clone armor but not Yoda or Chewbacca, and it was on Geonosis. I also played Naboo as Republic and didn't see Grievous or Dooku with their skins on. ??
    Clone Commandos were there and ouch the hurt A LOT, but I didn't see any Droidekas anybody know why??

• So read on FB that this update added Clone Commando AI and.. Friendly Hero AI? Is the friendly Hero AI on PC only or have yall seen Friendly Hero AI on consoles as well? Also wb Droidika AI?
  • So read on FB that this update added Clone Commando AI and.. Friendly Hero AI? Is the friendly Hero AI on PC only or have yall seen Friendly Hero AI on consoles as well? Also wb Droidika AI?

Hopefully someone on console can see if friendly hero AI is a thing. I wont be home for several hours to see myself. Definitely would love to know though.
  • I will check the friendly hero AI thing now! I'll Be back with the answer soon!
  • I saw a 41st Elite Corps on Naboo as Republic, if it is a bug I don't care It was a nice change and anakin and Obi-wan had they're Clone wars skins on Geonosis!!!

• 32 vs 32 on PC is impressive.
    I'm on ps4 but i'm not angry because i understand the limits of the old ps4 and xbox one.
    I think ps5 and Scarlett will allow something more on console.
    Instant Action - Thank you Dice!
  • I played a couple of games and didn't notice any friendly heroes (PS4).

However they have added AI Clone Commandos which is awesome! Obi-Wan and Anakin where dressed in their Clone Wars outfits on Geonosis. And they also fixed the glitch where some of the AI names from co-op wouldn't appear in Instant Action.

• They should tone the graphics down. I would rather have split screen and more bots in single player than graphics.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Has anyone been able to defend phase 4 as the republic on Kashyyyk? I’ve had 2 goes at it and been battered both times. Felucia is now to easy due to that moved capture point.
  • Mystical
    367 posts Member
    edited October 23
    32 vs 32 on PC is impressive.
    I'm on ps4 but i'm not angry because i understand the limits of the old ps4 and xbox one.
    I think ps5 and Scarlett will allow something more on console.

For the first time in like 2 years I updated my origin on pc. Whenever Battlefront II goes on sale for like $6 or something I think I' gunna buy it just for Instant Action. I would like to see instant action 32v32 (if anyone can get video recording of it that would be rad). I will admit though even the smaller numbers for consoles I still have a lot of crazy moments so its not like the most boring thing by any means.

If they can't up the AI on these consoles I hope the next gen ones in 2020 can get a patch to do so.
  • you can have 32v32 on PC with a mod.
    Something new I noticed is the bot ai in coop on Kamino seems to take the lower levels now on phase 2, but they seem to have a hard time getting back up to the top. They just kind of mill about.
  • If Battlefront 2 is released for PS5 it should be able to handle more.
  • After flying Anakin (when he uses Passionate Strike, he flies a few meters to his left or his right sometimes) i saw Jedi-Chewbacca today. He tried to get over some crates on Felucia and finally made it by bunny hopping with a few Jedi jumps. Nice thing, even if it isn't working like it should be, i was amazed, how the AI encountered a problem and solved it.
    Another thing i noticed, was, that the devs seemingly improved the hero spawns. While i only saw the Hero pairs Yoda - Chewbacca and Obi-Wan - Anakin before the update, i was a bit surprised to get destroyed by Obi-Wan and Yoda.
    Besides that, some of the AI heroes seem to be another bit more aggressive (more than after the little Patch), especially Anakin and Grievous. Did someone notice this as well (it could also be just my perception)?
  • After flying Anakin (when he uses Passionate Strike, he flies a few meters to his left or his right sometimes) i saw Jedi-Chewbacca today. He tried to get over some crates on Felucia and finally made it by bunny hopping with a few Jedi jumps. Nice thing, even if it isn't working like it should be, i was amazed, how the AI encountered a problem and solved it.
    Another thing i noticed, was, that the devs seemingly improved the hero spawns. While i only saw the Hero pairs Yoda - Chewbacca and Obi-Wan - Anakin before the update, i was a bit surprised to get destroyed by Obi-Wan and Yoda.
    Besides that, some of the AI heroes seem to be another bit more aggressive (more than after the little Patch), especially Anakin and Grievous. Did someone notice this as well (it could also be just my perception)?

Yea I told the dev about those bugs I noticed them too!

• Problem with defense I have found is this.
    If you stop the AI in the first wave, you make less xp and only play for 3 minutes, so people let the AI win for more xp and longer gameplay.

Match making is taking longer and longer for COOP so why waste a session in 3 minutes then spend 5 minutes looking for a new match.
  • I love Instant Action. Each update makes it better. However, I did encounter an enemy AI Chewbacca who had very high jumps on Geonosis. Came across a clone commando, awesome to fight against. The AI is very good. I ran away from what was a specialist into the caves on Geonosis since I was low on health. Instead of pursuing me, he stuck a turret at the entrance and was waiting for me as I exited the cave... sneaky.

Luckily, I have not encountered a crash yet, but I hope DICE fixes the issue fast.

Would you guys rebuy this game if it re released on PS5 with 32 vs. 32 AI in Instant action and had most of the content on disk? The PS5 is supposed to use a multi layer 100 GB Blu ray for PS5.
  • Oilerfan78 wrote: »
    Would you guys rebuy this game if it re released on PS5 with 32 vs. 32 AI in Instant action and had most of the content on disk? The PS5 is supposed to use a multi layer 100 GB Blu ray for PS5.

I don't think you'd have to rebuy the game. Both Sony and Microsoft have stated that their titles for the current gen consoles will be backwards compatible on the newer systems. So on PS5 it would just need a patch.