criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Instant Action & PvE Feedback

Replies

• Mystical wrote: »
    Oilerfan78 wrote: »
    Would you guys rebuy this game if it re released on PS5 with 32 vs. 32 AI in Instant action and had most of the content on disk? The PS5 is supposed to use a multi layer 100 GB Blu ray for PS5.

I don't think you'd have to rebuy the game. Both Sony and Microsoft have stated that their titles for the current gen consoles will be backwards compatible on the newer systems. So on PS5 it would just need a patch.

Xbox One X should be able to run Instant Action with at least 20v20. They should test it on separate consoles to see what works. A lot of games are optimized for Xbox One X, why not Battlefront II?

Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • They need to Smooth out the pot holes at the final CP on felacio. It completely obstructs player movement and makes the gameplay clunky.
  • Mystical wrote: »
    Oilerfan78 wrote: »
    Would you guys rebuy this game if it re released on PS5 with 32 vs. 32 AI in Instant action and had most of the content on disk? The PS5 is supposed to use a multi layer 100 GB Blu ray for PS5.

I don't think you'd have to rebuy the game. Both Sony and Microsoft have stated that their titles for the current gen consoles will be backwards compatible on the newer systems. So on PS5 it would just need a patch.

Xbox One X should be able to run Instant Action with at least 20v20. They should test it on separate consoles to see what works. A lot of games are optimized for Xbox One X, why not Battlefront II?

If they could get it to run 20 vs 20 on the X-Box One X I would turn in my X-Box One tommorow.
    “There is always hope.”
  • I hate to complain bout IA after how amazing it is overall.. But does anyone think the AI diff got buffed a lil to much? Rookie AI seems really accurate and deals much more damage then they were doing before this update and normal seems increadibly hard and expert.. Lol well that was insane at launch even. I feel like the Coop AI Diff got ported to the IA also by mistake cause While i can win every match on rookie still... Being obliterated as a hero by a mob of droids feels more Online (in a bad way) then a fun sandbox mode that IA is supposed to be, Anyone else feel like they should tone down at least rookie AI a bit? Another solid Way to make this more enjoyable is add the arcade options like having double HP for you ect tho ill def take that to.
  • Starmasui73146
    1477 posts Member
    edited October 24
    I hate to complain bout IA after how amazing it is overall.. But does anyone think the AI diff got buffed a lil to much? Rookie AI seems really accurate and deals much more damage then they were doing before this update and normal seems incredibly hard and expert..

The old A.I. is gone. You are dealing with Learning A.I. now, they do not get worse they only get better, smarter. Soooooo, how they create difficulty is to reduce the players on your team (i.e. - hard and expert). Rookie is 13 vs 13 so you have 12 Learning A.I. assisting you. So realize that "real accuracy" is true of all the A.I. on your team as well.

As for the one shot killing, I have noticed that since they launched "Instant Action" right out of the gate. It usually is the DL-15 or the shotgun that was one shot killing me. I think the notes mentioned that the shotgun for the A.I. got a nerf but I have not tested it out yet. So I hear you on that one.
    “There is always hope.”
  • Did someone notice that AI can use personal shield ?
  • I was playing in felucia and i got Allies heroes in the ligthsides ( Anakin and Chewbacca ) i was only in one match and i haven't seen more, so i assume that it was a bug, have someone else experienced this?
  • I was playing in felucia and i got Allies heroes in the ligthsides ( Anakin and Chewbacca ) i was only in one match and i haven't seen more, so i assume that it was a bug, have someone else experienced this?

PC or Console?
  • PC or Console?

Console (Xbox one) , i haven't being able to recreate it (it was on felucia) , a shame that i didn't take pictures ( I thought that they were enabled by the update , i didn't suspect that it was a bug)
  • I hate to complain bout IA after how amazing it is overall.. But does anyone think the AI diff got buffed a lil to much? Rookie AI seems really accurate and deals much more damage then they were doing before this update and normal seems increadibly hard and expert.. Lol well that was insane at launch even. I feel like the Coop AI Diff got ported to the IA also by mistake cause While i can win every match on rookie still... Being obliterated as a hero by a mob of droids feels more Online (in a bad way) then a fun sandbox mode that IA is supposed to be, Anyone else feel like they should tone down at least rookie AI a bit? Another solid Way to make this more enjoyable is add the arcade options like having double HP for you ect tho ill def take that to.
    The difficulty should never be nerfed. They should just add more options that allow us to fine tune the difficulty to our liking.
    The old A.I. is gone. You are dealing with Learning A.I. now, they do not get worse they only get better, smarter. Soooooo, how they create difficulty is to reduce the players on your team (i.e. - hard and expert). Rookie is 13 vs 13 so you have 12 Learning A.I. assisting you. So realize that "real accuracy" is true of all the A.I. on your team as well.
    I think maybe this has been proven false now that PC has the ability to alter enemy and friendly team sizes from 0-32 and there is still a rookie/normal/expert difficulty setting. I can tell you from the matches I've played thus far, expert was basically like the enemy team were all "aimbots." It felt like if an enemy could see me, from anywhere on the map, they were shooting and hitting me. In a normal face to face situation, their reaction time was such that by the time my brain recognized there was an enemy to shoot, I was already 1 hit from death most of the time. I've lost every match (maybe half a dozen) by a pretty wide margin on expert.
    Huge difference turning difficulty down to normal. Continued playing 32v32, more like what I was used to before the patch. Lots of kills, far far fewer deaths. Won every match by a fair margin. I can't think of a way to determine if enemy damage output increases with the difficulty setting, but it does seem like accuracy and aggression increase, and reaction time decreases (for the enemy team).
    No idea what to say about my teammate AI, as to whether they're altered by the difficulty setting. When Instant Action first came out, I said "I wish the developers could expose all of the AI parameters to us so that we could fine tune our play experience." I still wish for this and based on the stuff I just talked above, it seems possible to have friendly/enemy settings like health, damage, accuracy, reaction time, aggression. Or do we think that each difficulty setting utilizes a different "learned AI" package?
  • The way the new AI is behaving now I think in coop they should enable fast abilities from arcade. I think in general it would just make co-op more fun.

I definitely think Rookie difficulty feels too difficult now.

"Rookie" should mean "easy", or at the very least, not very challenging.

I enjoy it, but it's definitely not what I would call "Rookie", feels more like how id imagine normal should be. It does vary a bit, a few matches are very easy, but most are not easy.

Haven't tried the other difficulties post-October update yet.

And yes, the AI accuracy is probably a bit too high too

It's impressive they can do that, but I think AI accuracy should be toned down a bit, especially for Rookie / Normal.
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

Instant Action confirmed!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^

I definitely think Rookie difficulty feels too difficult now.

"Rookie" should mean "easy", or at the very least, not very challenging.

I enjoy it, but it's definitely not what I would call "Rookie", feels more like how id imagine normal should be. It does vary a bit, a few matches are very easy, but most are not easy.

Haven't tried the other difficulties post-October update yet.

And yes, the AI accuracy is probably a bit too high too

It's impressive they can do that, but I think AI accuracy should be toned down a bit, especially for Rookie / Normal.

And Hero AI are invincible sometimes!
    Instant Action - Thank you Dice!
  • Anyone know if we’re getting the end-of-match summary table like online or arcade for instant action?
  • PorchWar wrote: »
    Anyone know if we’re getting the end-of-match summary table like online or arcade for instant action?

you mean when it shows you the daily challenges?
    Instant Action Saved The Offline Community!!

FRIENDLY FIRE -> ON/Off in IA
    Anyone know if we’re getting the end-of-match summary table like online or arcade for instant action?

No, during a match on a PS4 console you can press the pad between the toggles on the controller and it will bring up a scoreboard, online and in arcade. And online you get the match summary as the match ends. In IA there is no way to know how many BP or eliminations you have, at least on a PS4. Even in arcade you can punch this up and see how you’re doing in relation to the bots.
    PorchWar wrote: »

No, during a match on a PS4 console you can press the pad between the toggles on the controller and it will bring up a scoreboard, online and in arcade. And online you get the match summary as the match ends. In IA there is no way to know how many BP or eliminations you have, at least on a PS4. Even in arcade you can punch this up and see how you’re doing in relation to the bots.

ahh, I see, idk I want that too also seeing heroes on the map but yeah I agree

• Here's what the Game Modifiers screen looks like on PC, in case anyone is wondering.
    8t89xmh99se9.jpg
    Is it the same on consoles, as far as enemy/friendly AI Count having sliders? Does is go from 0-13 or whatever instead of 0-32?
  • Starmasui73146
    1477 posts Member
    edited October 26
    andytheavs wrote: »
    Here's what the Game Modifiers screen looks like on PC, in case anyone is wondering.
    8t89xmh99se9.jpg
    Is it the same on consoles, as far as enemy/friendly AI Count having sliders? Does is go from 0-13 or whatever instead of 0-32?

Naaah we still have:
    Location (Felucia/ Geonosis/ Naboo/ Kamino/ Kashyyyk)
    A.I. Difficulty (Rookie/Normal/Expert)
    Round Length (Long/Short/Medium)
    Battle Points (Slow/Default/Fast)
    Enemy Heroes (On/Off)

We have no A.I. count options or sliders. Though that seems to contradict what they said about the Learning A.I.. If difficulty is only based on the number of A.I. players, why still have a difficulty toggle on the P.C.? The A.I. Count Slider would accomplish the same thing. What I mean is they said that A.I. can not get stupider, it only gets smarter. You can not tell it to play dumb; thus the reason for having less friendly A.I. to assist you in harder difficulties.

So having both the A.I. Difficulty toggle and A.I. Count Slider is an oxymoron. Having an A.I. Count slider makes the Difficulty Setting a moot point, it thus would become completely unnecessary, since the A.I. Count Slider would take it's place creating difficulty. Got it?

So your P.C. setting I find rather puzzling. 🤔🧐

P.S. - Your probably all wondering why I add the dots in PC (P.C.) and ai or AI (A.I.)?
    It is because I feel that reminding the youth of society of the original meaning of a word is important. I have watched grammar go down hill as I get older and people are starting to forget. Least we reach the day when people think computer means PC and not "personal computer" or ai means robot and not "artificial intelligence". I just don't want the next generation to forget where these terms came from. I'm already seeing this beginning, so many youth don't even know that those are abbreviations.
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • Naaah we still have:
    AI Difficulty (Rookie/Normal/Expert)
    Enemy Heroes (On/Off)
    We have no A.I. count option. Though that seems to counter-***** what they said about the Learning A.I.. If difficulty is only based on the number of A.I. players why have a difficulty toggle? The A.I. Count Slider would accomplish the same thing. What I mean is they said that A.I. can not get stupider, it only gets smarter. You can not tell it to play dumb; thus the reason for having less friendly A.I. to assist you in harder difficulties.
    So having both the A.I. Difficulty toggle and A.I. Count is an oxymoron. Having an A.I. Count slider makes the difficulty setting a moot point, it would become completely unnecessary since the A.I. Count Slider would take it's place creating difficulty.
    So your PC setting I find rather puzzling.
    I know, right? That's what I'm trying to understand too! I can certainly confirm that the Team Count Sliders work. 0vs0 I just wander around the map by myself. 32vs32 is full of bots. As I said in my previous post, there's a big difference between each difficulty setting when it comes to the enemy bots. So yeah, I don't understand where the learning thing comes in anymore. I agree with everyone else who's saying that in general, across all difficulties, the enemy bots are more dangerous.

Also, just in general this update was awesome for Instant Action. One of the big things I've noticed is that teammate bots seem to spread out more, so I find myself fighting alongside them much more often than in the previous patch.
    I'm still seeing some funny stuff where bots will just run past CPs that they could capture uncontested though. I've seen this the most on Kashyyyk (ever since IA released). Right at the beginning of the game, Clones will just not capture B and droids will just not capture D. Bots will even run to those CPs and start capturing them but then just continue running past. Doesn't happen all the time, but fairly often. Strange stuff.
  • andytheavs wrote: »
    Naaah we still have:
    AI Difficulty (Rookie/Normal/Expert)
    Enemy Heroes (On/Off)
    We have no A.I. count option. Though that seems to counter-***** what they said about the Learning A.I.. If difficulty is only based on the number of A.I. players why have a difficulty toggle? The A.I. Count Slider would accomplish the same thing. What I mean is they said that A.I. can not get stupider, it only gets smarter. You can not tell it to play dumb; thus the reason for having less friendly A.I. to assist you in harder difficulties.
    So having both the A.I. Difficulty toggle and A.I. Count is an oxymoron. Having an A.I. Count slider makes the difficulty setting a moot point, it would become completely unnecessary since the A.I. Count Slider would take it's place creating difficulty.
    So your PC setting I find rather puzzling.
    I know, right? That's what I'm trying to understand too! I can certainly confirm that the Team Count Sliders work. 0vs0 I just wander around the map by myself. 32vs32 is full of bots. As I said in my previous post, there's a big difference between each difficulty setting when it comes to the enemy bots. So yeah, I don't understand where the learning thing comes in anymore. I agree with everyone else who's saying that in general, across all difficulties, the enemy bots are more dangerous.

Also, just in general this update was awesome for Instant Action. One of the big things I've noticed is that teammate bots seem to spread out more, so I find myself fighting alongside them much more often than in the previous patch.
    I'm still seeing some funny stuff where bots will just run past CPs that they could capture uncontested though. I've seen this the most on Kashyyyk (ever since IA released). Right at the beginning of the game, Clones will just not capture B and droids will just not capture D. Bots will even run to those CPs and start capturing them but then just continue running past. Doesn't happen all the time, but fairly often. Strange stuff.

I wonder if the Learning A.I. is confused because they shifted the Command Posts locations? God knows I sure got confused.
    “There is always hope.”
  • Ok, so I don’t usually complain, but I jumped into CoOp and INSTANT ACTION for the first time since the 10/23 update and I can’t help but feel like the fun factor has been completely driven out of those modes.

CoOp has transformed into an impossible feat, and is now just as frustrating (if not more so) than multiplayer. The AI is overwhelming, and no longer in a good way. Before I could stand my ground with a trooper for a while get a few kills, Take some damage, run away, then live to fight another day. Now almost the instant I see AI troopers I am gunned down usually before I can even react. Even with a hero. In fact it’s even more frustrating now to have a hero in co-op than it is in multiplayer. Before the update in co-op with a hero if you played smart you could survive for a while and rack up a few kills along the way. If you were Obi-Wan you could find Anakin and fight along side or back to back with him for a while and get that Star Wars immersion. Now the heroes are no different than regular troopers in the sense that the moment you come in contact with the AI they just shred you. Each time I’ve had a hero since the update and co-op once I get into the action I’m dead within seconds. And it’s just not fun. Co-op was tons of fun before this update. There has to be a happy medium somewhere between the last update and this one where they can dial back the AI just a bit. I don’t want it to be a carbon copy of multiplayer I don’t like playing multiplayer because it’s usually a frustrating time in what should be in otherwise glorious Star Wars game... but multiplayer is hardly ever fun now... co-op is hardly ever fun.

Co-op was tons of fun before this update. I want it to be a copy of multiplayer in the sense of all of the content that you get to experience is the same in both modes. I don’t want it to be a carbon copy of multiplayer skill wise... I don’t like playing multiplayer because it’s usually a frustrating time and what should be an otherwise glorious Star Wars game but multiplayer is hardly ever fun now co-op is hardly ever fun.
    The same thing goes for instant action. Instant action is my go to mode in this game. yesterday I played on rookie and although my team won fairly handily (it ended up 100% to 30% ), but the experience was horrible. I don’t use that word lightly. I love this game, but playing instant action is now no different than playing multiplayer. Just like co-op it is now no longer the fun mode it should be. Now it’s a carbon copy of multiplayer in which the moment you come across enemy troops you’re shredded and gunned down. This is not a matter of I just have to get better, or stop crying because it’s too hard or too easy or whatever the case. I’ve been playing a long time. It’s about the fun factor. That’s why we all wanted the offline modes . To be able to enjoy ourselves off-line without the pressures of the frustrations of playing multiplayer yes. Yes we wanted it to be somewhat challenging. Yes when the new AI came out it was amazing because the bots provided a challenge without ruining the experience. The challenge enhanced the experience so much. I assumed that as they added more and more to the modes both co-op and instant action that it would just get better. Maybe it’s a function of the learning AI, maybe it’s a function of tweaks they made to the AI and an update. And I don’t know. I’m not a programmer I don’t pretend to know how this works. I’m an idea guy... I like to have fun playing this game and what the devs gave us for co-op and instant action was incredibly fun before the October 23 update. Something has changed in the AI behavior drastically . It has changed way too much for it to be a simple matter of learning AI adjusting on the fly. I’m afraid that if something isn’t done to fix this that those of us who clamored for instant action and co-op are going to lose interest in these modes because they no longer offer us the sanctuary and fun that we wanted. If this happens then Inevitably interest in the mode will wane and we will without the player base the modes will not get updated further.

Yes they’re are many positives. The clone commanders, ambient FX do wonders for the environment, the addition of the last phase in Kasshhyyk, Luke and Han hero skins... not giving up. Very thankful for what we’ve received. But this needs to be changed...
  • I was playing Co-op on Kashyyyk, we took the second command post then the game ended abruptly with "defeat" and showed the usual post-game leaderboard.
    First time I experience this...
  • Sbroffage wrote: »
    I was playing Co-op on Kashyyyk, we took the second command post then the game ended abruptly with "defeat" and showed the usual post-game leaderboard.
    First time I experience this...

they said that there working on that its a bug apparently according to ben walke anyway.
  • Scoundrel wrote: »
    Ok, so I don’t usually complain, but I jumped into CoOp and INSTANT ACTION for the first time since the 10/23 update and I can’t help but feel like the fun factor has been completely driven out of those modes.

CoOp has transformed into an impossible feat, and is now just as frustrating (if not more so) than multiplayer. The AI is overwhelming, and no longer in a good way. Before I could stand my ground with a trooper for a while get a few kills, Take some damage, run away, then live to fight another day. Now almost the instant I see AI troopers I am gunned down usually before I can even react. Even with a hero. In fact it’s even more frustrating now to have a hero in co-op than it is in multiplayer. Before the update in co-op with a hero if you played smart you could survive for a while and rack up a few kills along the way. If you were Obi-Wan you could find Anakin and fight along side or back to back with him for a while and get that Star Wars immersion. Now the heroes are no different than regular troopers in the sense that the moment you come in contact with the AI they just shred you. Each time I’ve had a hero since the update and co-op once I get into the action I’m dead within seconds. And it’s just not fun. Co-op was tons of fun before this update. There has to be a happy medium somewhere between the last update and this one where they can dial back the AI just a bit. I don’t want it to be a carbon copy of multiplayer I don’t like playing multiplayer because it’s usually a frustrating time in what should be in otherwise glorious Star Wars game... but multiplayer is hardly ever fun now... co-op is hardly ever fun.

Co-op was tons of fun before this update. I want it to be a copy of multiplayer in the sense of all of the content that you get to experience is the same in both modes. I don’t want it to be a carbon copy of multiplayer skill wise... I don’t like playing multiplayer because it’s usually a frustrating time and what should be an otherwise glorious Star Wars game but multiplayer is hardly ever fun now co-op is hardly ever fun.
    The same thing goes for instant action. Instant action is my go to mode in this game. yesterday I played on rookie and although my team won fairly handily (it ended up 100% to 30% ), but the experience was horrible. I don’t use that word lightly. I love this game, but playing instant action is now no different than playing multiplayer. Just like co-op it is now no longer the fun mode it should be. Now it’s a carbon copy of multiplayer in which the moment you come across enemy troops you’re shredded and gunned down. This is not a matter of I just have to get better, or stop crying because it’s too hard or too easy or whatever the case. I’ve been playing a long time. It’s about the fun factor. That’s why we all wanted the offline modes . To be able to enjoy ourselves off-line without the pressures of the frustrations of playing multiplayer yes. Yes we wanted it to be somewhat challenging. Yes when the new AI came out it was amazing because the bots provided a challenge without ruining the experience. The challenge enhanced the experience so much. I assumed that as they added more and more to the modes both co-op and instant action that it would just get better. Maybe it’s a function of the learning AI, maybe it’s a function of tweaks they made to the AI and an update. And I don’t know. I’m not a programmer I don’t pretend to know how this works. I’m an idea guy... I like to have fun playing this game and what the devs gave us for co-op and instant action was incredibly fun before the October 23 update. Something has changed in the AI behavior drastically . It has changed way too much for it to be a simple matter of learning AI adjusting on the fly. I’m afraid that if something isn’t done to fix this that those of us who clamored for instant action and co-op are going to lose interest in these modes because they no longer offer us the sanctuary and fun that we wanted. If this happens then Inevitably interest in the mode will wane and we will without the player base the modes will not get updated further.

Yes they’re are many positives. The clone commanders, ambient FX do wonders for the environment, the addition of the last phase in Kasshhyyk, Luke and Han hero skins... not giving up. Very thankful for what we’ve received. But this needs to be changed...

I still manage to have fun with instant action but i 100% agree that they need to nerf the difficulty. Its gotten TO HARD even for rookie, Its bad game balance... If we wanted a hard fight then we would pick Expert, not saying we should just steam roll easily but if we pick rookie then we should be able to quite easily go on killstreaks and Do fairly well instead of the AI shredding you before you can even get a 2 kills in a row going as a trooper lol. Instant Action and Coop was great before this update and the Drastic difficulty spike severely hurts the experience
  • They need to use single player AI for COOP and bots for IA.
    SP AI gives you cheaper AI with greater flexibility for design and tighter gameplay. Easier to manage and develop, and it already exists in the game. Most importantly it moves better in the environment and creates a cleaner tighter gameplay experience.

SP ai you can
    create squads and spawn them in the game however you want examples...
    10 battle droids, 5 battle droids 2 destroyer droids, 2 destroyer droids 3 battle droids 2 super battle droids, etc....
    SP AI can be spawned into the game anywhere you want, any way you want. Drop ships, crashed pods, vehicles, use buildings to have them spawn out of.
    SP ai can be scripted for special events
    SP ai can be controlled exactly how you want it to be
    SP ai lets you create a greater variety of gameplay types

the list goes on....
  • Good lord people, is nobody happy with anything? Coop is the only mode I’ve played since it was added and it’s so much fun. Even with a team of randoms I’ve won every defence/attack. Without the challenge, what’s the point? If you want a walk in the park, then that’s what IA is for. Turn enemy hero’s off, and set it to easy.
    Everyone has different skill levels. How are Dice suppose to cater to everyone? If it’s to hard, the lesser skilled players can’t play. If it’s to easy, the higher skilled players steamroller it and get bored. Dice can’t win.

I for one LOVE coop, and I can’t thank dice enough for it. Just need the other two eras and this mode is almost perfect.

I can see them nerfing all the fun out of coop at this rate and that will destroy yet another mode. Do none of you feel you get better when you are challenged? Seriously, it makes you a better player. I was awful with heroes before coop existed. Now I can get 50 - 70 kill streaks even with this so called “impossible” update. You can’t make an omelette without breaking some eggs people!

Oh and btw @Starmasui17324 Nobody was wondering why you put the dots in P.C. Reason being, people come here to talk about battlefront 2.
  • PopoTateo wrote: »
    Good lord people, is nobody happy with anything? Coop is the only mode I’ve played since it was added and it’s so much fun. Even with a team of randoms I’ve won every defence/attack. Without the challenge, what’s the point? If you want a walk in the park, then that’s what IA is for. Turn enemy hero’s off, and set it to easy.
    Everyone has different skill levels. How are Dice suppose to cater to everyone? If it’s to hard, the lesser skilled players can’t play. If it’s to easy, the higher skilled players steamroller it and get bored. Dice can’t win.

I for one LOVE coop, and I can’t thank dice enough for it. Just need the other two eras and this mode is almost perfect.

I can see them nerfing all the fun out of coop at this rate and that will destroy yet another mode. Do none of you feel you get better when you are challenged? Seriously, it makes you a better player. I was awful with heroes before coop existed. Now I can get 50 - 70 kill streaks even with this so called “impossible” update. You can’t make an omelette without breaking some eggs people!

Oh and btw @Starmasui17324 Nobody was wondering why you put the dots in P.C. Reason being, people come here to talk about battlefront 2.

Like I've said before, there is a difference between a challenge that is a fair challenge which will always be fun and broken AI/game design. The AI right now is broken and not playing fair.

example....
    Anakin's block takes about 1 second to trigger after being pressed with the new patch. Factor in any sort of lag and 20 bots all aiming and firing at you with 85% accuracy. Your dead before the animation plays and you feel cheated, you wasted all your battle points on a hero. You then rage out and eventually can only be mad at something for so long before you don't care and stop playing.

If DICE wanted to create a fun challenge for hardcore players they would have implemented level based missions like destiny/warframe/borderlands for example. Every class has levels and there is a also a player rank. They could have used that to match players and scale AI to those levels.
  • can‘t they enable an option that whe you orline are they add additionaly IA . I mean like server IA for instant Action when you play online but in istant action?
    Battlefront OFFLINE with BOTS
  • Starmasui73146
    1477 posts Member
    edited October 27
    No offense...I'm not telling any of you what to do, I just don't want this thread to turn into simply a complaining thread. I hear your complaints, I know there are some issues but lets try to keep at least one "Instant Action"/ "Co-Op" thread constructive. Leave the other thread for weeding out the major frustrations. Let this thread be about feed back on how to fine tune "Co-Op" and "Instant Action" modes, please. Just some constructive thought.

For those favoring less constructive ideas and more in the vain of complaints please see this thread:
    Co-Op Severely in Favor of A.I.
    Here's the link.

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/148434/co-op-severely-in-favor-of-ai#latest

P.S.- I pasted your complaints over there now too, where it makes more sense to have it, just sayin'.

Peace and have a wonderful day.
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • andytheavs wrote: »
    Here's what the Game Modifiers screen looks like on PC, in case anyone is wondering.
    8t89xmh99se9.jpg

Naaah we still have:
    A.I. Difficulty (Rookie/Normal/Expert)
    Enemy Heroes (On/Off)

We have no A.I. count options or sliders. Though that seems to contradict what they said about the Learning A.I.. If difficulty is only based on the number of A.I. players, why still have a difficulty toggle on the P.C.? The A.I. Count Slider would accomplish the same thing. What I mean is they said that A.I. can not get stupider, it only gets smarter. You can not tell it to play dumb; thus the reason for having less friendly A.I. to assist you in harder difficulties.

So having both the A.I. Difficulty toggle and A.I. Count Slider is an oxymoron. Having an A.I. Count slider makes the Difficulty Setting a moot point, it thus would become completely unnecessary, since the A.I. Count Slider would take it's place creating difficulty. Got it?

So your P.C. setting I find rather puzzling. 🤔🧐

P.S. - Your probably all wondering why I add the dots in PC (P.C.) and ai or AI (A.I.)?
    It is because I feel that reminding the youth of society of the original meaning of a word is important. I have watched grammar go down hill as I get older and people are starting to forget. Least we reach the day when people think computer means PC and not "personal computer" or ai means robot and not "artificial intelligence". I just don't want the next generation to forget where these terms came from. I'm already seeing this beginning, so many youth don't even know that those are abbreviations.

The difficulty presets are still valid, because they're just specific options within the larger parameters of bot counts, that alter the challenge of the experience.

It's a preset, so you don't have to fumble around with the number slider to find out what rookie, normal and expert is.

Although with the recent patch, I'd say rookie doesn't feel like rookie difficulty any more. It's too difficult.
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^

Good lord people, is nobody happy with anything? Coop is the only mode I’ve played since it was added and it’s so much fun. Even with a team of randoms I’ve won every defence/attack. Without the challenge, what’s the point? If you want a walk in the park, then that’s what IA is for. Turn enemy hero’s off, and set it to easy.

I think Co-op is probably fine. I only say probably because I've only been able to play a couple matches of it so far since the update.

IA on rookie feels too difficult though.

And the ally AI just seen to cluster and stand in place sometimes.

Rookie should be easy or at the very least, not very challenging.

I'm an experienced player often coming first in CS, I still love the experience and regularly play it and am super grateful it's here, I just think they overdid the difficulty in IA a bit in the last update
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

I think Co-op is probably fine. I only say probably because I've only been able to play a couple matches of it so far since the update.

I'm an experienced player often coming first in CS, I still love the experience and regularly play it and am super grateful it's here, I just think they overdid the difficulty in IA a bit in the last update

Mando, like you I’m an experienced player who has spent lot of time in MP. I wouldn’t complain unless something was very wrong. Up until a few days ago CoOp was a “good” challenge, and Instant Action was engaging but sandboxy. Both right where we wanted them. Now, it’s like the bots have been supercharged and they are all T-800s. It’s incredibly hard and frustrating to stand against the AI. Feels very aimboty. I play INSTANT ACTION on Rookie. Your team wins but you get slaughtered constantly.

If it had launched this way I wouldn’t have fallen in love with both modes right out of the gate. There has been a seismic shift—the wrong way.
    PopoTateo wrote: »

Mando, like you I’m an experienced player who has spent lot of time in MP. I wouldn’t complain unless something was very wrong. Up until a few days ago CoOp was a “good” challenge, and Instant Action was engaging but sandboxy. Both right where we wanted them. Now, it’s like the bots have been supercharged and they are all T-800s. It’s incredibly hard and frustrating to stand against the AI. Feels very aimboty. I play INSTANT ACTION on Rookie. Your team wins but you get slaughtered constantly.

If it had launched this way I wouldn’t have fallen in love with both modes right out of the gate. There has been a seismic shift—the wrong way.

I don't really mind the AI. I'm NOT an experienced player like you and Mando are but I can Definitely see why people are outraged by this. I don't get mad but disappointed when I have a hero that I saved up for and then die a few seconds later and have to get that much battlepoints for that to happen again. I play on normal and it's quite challenging but how is rookie or hard? I haven't tried them yet.

I don't really mind the AI. I'm NOT an experienced player like you and Mando are but I can Definitely see why people are outraged by this. I don't get mad but disappointed when I have a hero that I saved up for and then die a few seconds later and have to get that much battlepoints for that to happen again. I play on normal and it's quite challenging but how is rookie or hard? I haven't tried them yet.

I've been playing on normal in IA and the games are always quite close (within 10-20 points, back and forth). The A.I. is very good, but they definitely tweaked the damage done to the player. Why is it that a full health Bossk (me) can face off against Obi Wan (A.I.) and 2 swipes from a light saber and I'm dead? If the roles are reversed, I'm taking 5-8 swipes before Bossk's health is depleted. I think the real issue is the damage modifiers are messed up. I don't think the A.I. is as "aim bot" as many have said, it's the damage modifier. It's like we have 1/2 health the the A.I. health is on tough. If the developers can make it a default damage or more like it was when Instant Action first came out, it would balance it nicely.
  • Oilerfan78 wrote: »
    Scoundrel wrote: »

I've been playing on normal in IA and the games are always quite close (within 10-20 points, back and forth). The A.I. is very good, but they definitely tweaked the damage done to the player. Why is it that a full health Bossk (me) can face off against Obi Wan (A.I.) and 2 swipes from a light saber and I'm dead? If the roles are reversed, I'm taking 5-8 swipes before Bossk's health is depleted. I think the real issue is the damage modifiers are messed up. I don't think the A.I. is as "aim bot" as many have said, it's the damage modifier. It's like we have 1/2 health the the A.I. health is on tough. If the developers can make it a default damage or more like it was when Instant Action first came out, it would balance it nicely.

I can definetely confirm this. It seems like the AI deals twice the damage as before the patch. But to be honest: it feels like their aim has been improved as well.
  • If they tone down the AI, can we please get split screen?
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • If they tone down the AI, can we please get split screen?

I think the smaller numbers of A.I. present is what's keeping us from getting splitscreen. To get splitscreen, it would probably bog down the framerate to single digits. The best bet for Splitscreen would be to wait for next generation and hope they rerelease the game for newer consoles. The 2013/14 consoles and their old architecture are what's holding us back since they wanted parity with all consoles meaning Ps4 and XB1.

I did say I do think IA Rookie difficulty is too difficult now 👍 it's a shame they overdid it in the October patch, I'm pretty confident that most people agree with us, so I can see the IA AI getting nerfed.

Hope Ben does a community survey for IA / Co-op soon.
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

• Rax
    38 posts Member
    Agreed. I can't say what, but something is off since the update. I typically play without AI heroes in instant action, and what's interesting is that despite getting defeated more frequently, the matches seem more slanted in my favor in terms of the capturing of command posts ( though it seems less so with the hero AI enabled). Things seemed much more balanced before the latest update and felt just right to me where they were.

The good news is that this is all new, and as DICE mentioned, the AI will continue to evolve with additional updates. Here's hoping that that will include a little less damage/lethality in a firefight, and perhaps a little more strategy with the capturing of command posts- whatever it was that made them feel the way they did before.

Let's keep the feedback coming in the meantime to help make things easy on our developer friends. The more unofficial QA testing, the better. I'm curious- are others seeing similar things with the command post tug of war in instant action seeming a bit too easy now, despite the AI feeling far more difficult?

• I'd like the option to modify player/AI health for IA, like Arcade.
  • felacio.

It's spelled Felucia. lmao felacio sounds like fellatio, which if memory serves me correct is another term for oral *****.

• E
    Rax wrote: »
    Agreed. I can't say what, but something is off since the update. I typically play without AI heroes in instant action, and what's interesting is that despite getting defeated more frequently, the matches seem more slanted in my favor in terms of the capturing of command posts ( though it seems less so with the hero AI enabled). Things seemed much more balanced before the latest update and felt just right to me where they were.

The good news is that this is all new, and as DICE mentioned, the AI will continue to evolve with additional updates. Here's hoping that that will include a little less damage/lethality in a firefight, and perhaps a little more strategy with the capturing of command posts- whatever it was that made them feel the way they did before.

Let's keep the feedback coming in the meantime to help make things easy on our developer friends. The more unofficial QA testing, the better. I'm curious- are others seeing similar things with the command post tug of war in instant action seeming a bit too easy now, despite the AI feeling far more difficult?

Exactly as I described. Winning games by a large margin in rookie yet getting slaughtered by the AI constantly.
  • Rax
    38 posts Member
    Scoundrel wrote: »
    E
    Rax wrote: »

Exactly as I described. Winning games by a large margin in rookie yet getting slaughtered by the AI constantly.

Mine were on normal difficulty, so it seems to be a similar problem there. I've not tried expert yet (for reasons I'm sure you understand), but I'll have to give it a try tonight for the sake of morbid curiosity.

• I still manage to have fun with instant action but i 100% agree that they need to nerf the difficulty. Its gotten TO HARD even for rookie, Its bad game balance...

Totally disagree. Rookie difficulty is If anything too easy. I win every single time on Rookie. Even Normal I win most times and I'm hardly a great player. The last thing we want is for Instant action to be nerfed and made completely dull and the AI to have no challenge for the player, you may as well as play Arcade which is as boring as hell.

Honestly just play Rookie now and try to actually do what you're supposed to in the mode ie capture command posts. You will only need to hold one your team will always have two captured. Don't be running round like a headless chicken taking pot shots at AI Heroes just defend a command post and choose a hero when you can and you will win every time with high kill streaks.
  • Anyone else start the game up today and are waiting for a 22 gig update to finish? I cant figure what that's all about on my game. Certainly they weren't doing any more updates for october?
  • Trekker26 wrote: »
    Anyone else start the game up today and are waiting for a 22 gig update to finish? I cant figure what that's all about on my game. Certainly they weren't doing any more updates for october?

I wouldn't think so I know there is a hotfix later this week according to ben or at least that is what they are aiming for.
  • R2D277 wrote: »

I still manage to have fun with instant action but i 100% agree that they need to nerf the difficulty. Its gotten TO HARD even for rookie, Its bad game balance...

Totally disagree. Rookie difficulty is If anything too easy. I win every single time on Rookie. Even Normal I win most times and I'm hardly a great player. The last thing we want is for Instant action to be nerfed and made completely dull and the AI to have no challenge for the player, you may as well as play Arcade which is as boring as hell.

Honestly just play Rookie now and try to actually do what you're supposed to in the mode ie capture command posts. You will only need to hold one your team will always have two captured. Don't be running round like a headless chicken taking pot shots at AI Heroes just defend a command post and choose a hero when you can and you will win every time with high kill streaks.

First, I like having AI’s being smarter/more difficult generally. Killing mindless bots with ease isn’t exactly fun to me.

Secondly, R2D277 is completely right here. You just have to PTO to win in instant action (take and hold command posts). In my experience, by placing myself in the central command post (the one most regularly fought over, ex. the one on the outside platform on Kamino) and holding the line there, I end up stalling the enemy team enough to get a significant lead since the AI will primarily push its forces there, even to the point of ignoring the other two (closest to my team) for the most part. If we lose it, I go right back to pushing it as well. Give this a try to see how you do.
  • Seems to me its slightly harder as the separatists. Ive done plenty of experiment matches and the clones always have a much higher percentage against me. Im guessing thats somewhat down to the republic having the clone commando. Once the ai has the droideka perhaps they will put up more of a fight.
    They either need to swap the ai in instant action for the ai thats currently in arcade. Or give us the ability to select friendly and enemy ai numbers.
    I win 100% of the time on rookie and i have to avoid the objectives to lose on normal.