criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Instant Action & PvE Feedback

1137138139140141143Next

Replies

• clubprivat wrote: »
    Cross era heroes, friendly AI heroes and both enemy and friendly AI vehicles are coming soon to the game!

Where did you get this info? I know about AI Vehicles, but i only heard, that they consider to bring allied AI Heroes. The last thing, i heard about Cross-Era Heroes was F8RGE saying, that they'll investigate, how it would work without them.

A dataminer found these in the october patch! I can't name him unfortunately!
    Video games, music and movies for life!
  • clubprivat wrote: »
    clubprivat wrote: »
    Cross era heroes, friendly AI heroes and both enemy and friendly AI vehicles are coming soon to the game!

Where did you get this info? I know about AI Vehicles, but i only heard, that they consider to bring allied AI Heroes. The last thing, i heard about Cross-Era Heroes was F8RGE saying, that they'll investigate, how it would work without them.

A dataminer found these in the october patch! I can't name him unfortunately!

Ah, OK, that's great.

#That'sgoodnews
    #I'vebeenlookingforwardtothis
  • Wtf did they do to the hero AI? It used to be so good and I used to have to think strategically in order to take a hero down. It was the most satisfying feeling when I finally did.

Now they dumbed it down and made it *****. I seriously killed Obi Wan three times in a row like it was nothing and now it's completely boring.

They made AI more aggressive which is like deleting their fight defensively and inteligently.
    Its funny. Enemy AI Heroes Seem to make the game so unbalanced when the AI already does more damage then the player does for somereason and Along with The super good accuracy and Ally AI not pushing up enough and I think a Big issue with This is The Enemy Hero AI *Slaughter* Your troops so the ones that try to move up fail horribly, i decided to simply Switch off Enemy AI heroes and suprise suprise the Rookie match actually felt like a rookie match lol, Tho the Enemy AI accuracy and Damage was still unbalanced and Ally AI still sat back to much... I noticed Ally AI supporting me more often and I figure its cause they are on a even playfield with Enemy troopers but Enemy Heroes wreck them, I think a Good Balancing point to do is either Add 1 AI Ally Hero to match with you or 2 Ally Heroes if you wont use them (Just have AI hero Despawn immediatly if you choose the hero they are using) to match with the Enemy Heroes so Your team has a better shot at pushing up OR remove a AI Enemy hero to Make it only 1 Enemy Hero Vs your Possible Hero so it would be fair and Not tipped so heavily in enemy teams favor (Yes that extra Hero the enemy team gets does a tremendous amount of damage to your team) tho id perfer the Ally Hero option i mentioned first cause i really dont want to see content removed, the other main thing they need to look at is Improving Ally AIs aggressiveness and have them Spread out more and PTO more. I think they should be wired to have at least 2-3 Ally AI default to head to your location when you are taking an objective at the very least or have A few ally AI follow you around More closely constantly. Idk guys but one things for sure instant action was in a far better state in terms of how The AI acted at launch of IA and before the october update.

Love everything you said. 👍🏼

Zepapa wrote: »
    How about A.I. fixes? At least on PS4 in "Co-Op" the A.I. units can shoot even while rolling -
    Xherdos wrote: »
    This happens way too often for me in Instant Action / Coop mode the A.I. can Shoot and Roll at the same time -
    I love the addition of AI in these modes, and this iteration of the AI is far better than the Arcade AI, but they’re a little too good and very annoying.
    - they are able to shoot, block, and use abilities while - rolling.
    realta333 wrote: »
    A.I. shouldn't be able to shoot while - rolling. Players can't do it. AI shouldn't either. Fix it. This post isn't intended to bash "Co-Op" or "Instant Action". Both of those game modes are great and "Instant Action" had been 'needed' since launch. I'm simply making an extremely valid point, and the community's response will prove if it's either true or not true.
    JediJulius wrote: »
    I see a lot of people pointing out that the AI needs extra abilities that players don't have to make them challenging and I do agree to a point. I love the difficulty of Co-Op and Instant Action and it feels very intense. But I do feel that the AI being able to roll - and still fire uninterrupted is very annoying.

Numerous people I've heard claim the A.I. were shooting them while still in the roll. I knew that this was bull. I knew it was only a matter of time until I was proven correct. It is not what they think.

And I responded and said this...

Sooooo I've been playing mass to see if you are correct. I have yet to see one A.I. take a shot before they come out of their roll. Right at the millisecond they finish it yes, in the roll NO. In fact the A.I. is performing just the way it should on that one.

Bots that roll and shoot at the same time is not fun.
    Again I have literally yet to see this. Instantly after the roll yes but during the roll NO.

Guess what it turns out I was spot on, in fact not only did I hit the bulleye with the arrow, I sliced the arrow in half with my responses. It turns out the A.I. fire right at the very millisecond the roll ends. Read this...
    Alwe15 wrote: »
    Apparently, someone completed a frame-by-frame and identified that the shot comes instantly after the roll completes... Still better than any human player. Make of that what you like.
    realta333 wrote: »
    Well damn.

It may be true, that the AI shoots at the moment, they finished the roll, but they also shoot while lying on the ground, while flying or while i choke them with Retribution. And these things should be fixed. In the best case, the devs could implement a little shoot-delay, when the AI is rolling as well.

(2.) Shooting while flying? Are you referring to the jet trooper? Because I can fire while rocket jumping forward or back all the time. I also rocket pack and fire while strafing sideways all the time.

No, sorry, i should have put it better. I meant, that the AI can shoot you, while they are thrown through the air. I really notice this, when i use Anakin's Pull Dominance but it happens with Maul's Choke Hold as well.

Okay, I'll see what I can capture, I'll get back to you on that one.

Thanks! I'm on PS4 but i'll see, what i can do towards a clip of the shooting-on-the-ground thing...

Sweet, that'll be awesome. 👍🏼

I'm sorry, but how can i post the video files here (i got two of them, where you can see both effects (shooting in the air and on the ground) quite clearly)? If i try drag-and-drop it says: "File format is not allowed". Oh, these are MP4-files by the way.

Well I only know how to download Youtube and I-Pad videos, sorry not mega tech savvy and I struggled to do that.
    “There is always hope.”
  • slarlac249
    190 posts Member
    edited November 10
    I hope dice gives some attention back to arcade again as it's being ignored...

still waiting for Felucia to be added, currently is has no TDM support all. (does not support blast)

would love to see the capital ship hanger maps in arcade tdm as they are in HvV but like felucia, they have no tdm support.

would also like to see both ewok hunt maps in arcade tdm as they already have online tdm support but aren't in the blast rotation for some reason, they would add a fresh feel to blast having to battle in the dark using flash lights to find the enemy, they could even add ewoks as a 3rd faction to choose in arcade. wouldn't be offline ewok hunt but it would be cool to play as standard tdm.

dice's priorities are all over the place regarding the things they focus on at any given time....little bit here...little bit there.

IA was a welcome addition and one new map for ewok hunt was nice but other things then get nothing...

not to mention starfighter assault which might as well be invisible...

it's a shame we can't properly edit maps in the frosty editior, i've been trying to add the above maps to arcade but because of the limited modding ability for maps in the editor it can't be done, they get as far as th loading screen and then hang because there's no skirmish support....:(
    creator of the All-In-One Modular @ Nexusmods
    "for a less annoying immersive experience, dl it today!"
  • I'm so grateful to finally have a big offline mode with such a great AI. But as one of the devs said: this is just the beginning of Instant Action. Lots of things are great the way they are. Other things should be upgraded a little bit and this is why i post this here.
    A few weeks ago, i wanted to write down a list with ideas concerning Instant Action in this thread and now, 2 Patches and an Update later, finally i have the time and the words to do so. These are just my ideas (partly something, that came up to my mind, while i was playing and partly something, that is inspired by things, you guys just wrote). If you agree with these things: great. If you disagree: even better. That way, we can develop some of the ideas, i present to you, to something great, that possibly can find a way into the game.

CO-OP:
    My ideas are mainly related to Instant Action but i think, Co-Op should be mentioned as well.
    The October Update was really big for this mode and it feels much more complete with the Defend-Scenarios, Co-Op just received. But unfortunately, i have to agree with @Scoundrel and @Gothic_Mando: the difficulty settings were a bit better, a bit more relaxed before the October Update. This is noticeble especially in these new Defend-Scenarios, since your AI-Teammates doesn‘t really push the enemies off. But of course this is the case in the Attack-Scenarios as well.
    Perhaps this could be improved by some AI tweaks concerning damage output and especially shoot accuracy.
    AI-spawn-fixes should be looked at as well. Right now, you have sometimes a little Server-lag and at that moment all AI-enemys are spawning simultaneously. If the AI wouldn't spawn as an army, but then and now as a little squad, both, the Server-lags would be improved and the difficulty perhaps as well.
    Besides that, i think DICE should allow Split-Screen for Co-Op. Just let the first player get some XP and the second doesn‘t, if that‘s the problem. It would make lots of people happy. I assume online Split-Screen is less performance intensive than splitscreen in Instant Action, or am I wrong?
    Also you should take a look at the spawn timer, since this reduction change doesn‘t work for me.

But now focusing on Instant Action. Before i start with the main part, i have to mention as few things, by name: Maps, Modes and Eras:
    Those are some of the current top requests and it would be beyond strange, not to mention these things here. Lots of people (including myself) want to have Split-Screen, want to play on Endor with a Stormtrooper or infiltrate the Starkiller-Base as the Resistance. It would be a wonderful experience to explore Coruscant or Scarif in Instant Action or slaughter Droids as Mace Windu or Ahsoka Tano and i agree with these thoughts.
    But i want to focus mainly on things, i can hope to come into Instant Action in the next few months, on things, that are build on the content, that is already available in Instant Action. But now, let's dive into it...

General Changes/ Bug Fixes/ AI-behavior/ Quality-of-Life:
    There are some things, i can't really assign to a category (Is it a bug? Is it a feature? Is it some speacial AI behavior, that should be tweaked?), so i put everything, that's not related to options in this paragraph.
    • As mentioned before, you should take a look at the default damage output and accuracy of bots, since this can be some kind of a horrible experience for some players.
    • I know, it‘s coming at some time, but AI-Droidekas and AI-Vehicles are needed in this mode.
    • Enemy heroes and allied bots should be visible on the Mini-Map. This is the case in Multiplayer, so i don‘t see the reason, why this shouldn‘t be a thing in Instant Action (and Co-Op) as well.
    • At the moment, you aren‘t able to see, how many kills you‘ve got and how often you died, so i‘d really like to see a Scoreboard, like you have in literally other mode in the game. Of course this Scoreboard should show the AI players as well.
    • I really like the beginning of the matches, with the camera moving from top to the normal vision and the „You‘ve got roger rogered“-Theme (which could be a little louder tbh), but the End of a match feels a bit clipped, like Arcade. So i suggest to implement a short cutscene at the End. Just take that scene at the end of the Co-Op-matches, it would fill that role more than satisfactory.
    • After the cutscene at the end (mentioned before), you should implement a Leaderboard. This is not just epic to see, it would give the offline Community a reason to buy victory poses as well.
    • The bugs, that are currently in the mode, must be fixed as well. So bots shouldn‘t be able to shoot, while thrown or on the ground (it‘s still there, at least in IA) and the planetary Theme, should start with the Loading-Screen (not important, but the only other bug, i could find).
    • The player should be able to play as every Hero from the other eras on the CW Maps in Instant Action. If someone want to keep that mode era-accurate, then he just shouldn‘t play them. That way, it is in the player‘s hands to decide, if he/she wants Luke, Rey, Vader or Lando to be a part of this mode. The AI keeps picking the era-accurate heroes.
    • Perhaps it would be nice to be able to play as starfighters as well. I understand, that it is a bit too complicated to create Starfighter AI for that mode at the moment, but again: if at least the player is able to play as one, the mode would feel much more „in the player‘s hands“ and this is vital for a sandbox mode imo.

Game Modifications:
    As the title says, this little paragraph shows you my ideas for new and updated Modifications for Instant Actions. I don‘t want to talk around the bush for long, so let‘s start with it:
    At first i take a look at the Modifications, that are currently in the game and how the devs could improve them:
    • „Map“ → This Modification can‘t be really improved (besides bringing in new maps or new times of day), so i‘ll leave it as it is.
    • „Enemy heroes“ → At the moment it is a „Yes/No“-Modification. If this gets updated it should have the following Options: „0“, „1“, „2“, „3“, „4“. That way you not only toggle them on or off, you can also decide, how many of them are on the map at the same time.
    • „Battle Points“ → This one is almost fine, but i can still be improved. To be a bit clearer, i‘d like to see the Options renamed into „Double Amount“ (instead of „Fast“) and „Half Amount“ (instead of „Slow“). On top of that, there should be an Option „Off“, so you can start the match, playing as whatever you want. Sometimes it‘s a little bit frustrating, when you want to play a normal-length match as a hero and you have to earn the BPs for it and then you die and have to earn them again and so on, so that you are actually playing as a hero for quite a short time (i write this with my best friend‘s facial expression in mind, after he died as a hero and realised, that he has to earn BPs again (he isn‘t really good in this game, but he still enjoys it)).
    • „Match length“ → This one can be improved a lot. Instead of changing the time, you have to hold the majority of CPs to gain Percentages, the devs should just raise the Percentages needed to win the match. This Modification would be similar to the Arcade-Modification, that changes the number of Tickets. I‘m thinking about Options like „25%“, „50%“, „75%“, „100%“, „125%“, „150%“, „200%“, „300%“, „500%“. Perhaps it isn‘t needed to have that many different Options for this Modification, but i think you all agree, that you have a better feeling, how long one match would last, if this Modification would look like that.
    • „Difficulty“ → This Modification should be completely removed, since i have some ideas to replace it with some more customizable Modifications.

In this paragraph, I present you my ideas for some new Options for Instant Action:
    • „Allied Heroes“ → This Modification would just bring in some Heroes to your team. The Options would be: „0“, „1“, „2“, „3“ and „4“. If you choose a Hero, that is currently used by the AI, this bot respawns and spawns as whatever you played before (or it spawns as a Trooper, if you played as a non-CW-Hero or as a Starfighter).
    • „Player-Team-Size“ / „Enemy Team-Size“ → It would be the same as it is on PC, but with less bots. If you balance the teams, it would be 13vs13 at maximum. If one Team shall have more bots than the other, then you can also set this Modification to more bots as long as the total amount of bots isn‘t higher than 25 (so 20vs5 is OK, 20vs6 is not), if it can‘t be increased in the future.
    • „Allied Reinforcements“/“Enemy Reinforcements“ → This Modification shall give you a possibility to toggle off Reinforcements, if you want to do that. The Options for this one, that came to my mind, are „on“ (every Reinforcement class is allowed), „off“ (no Reinforcements), „only Aerials“, „only Infiltrators“, „only Enforcers“.
    • „Allied Vehicles“/“Enemy Vehicles“ → Similar to the Modification above, this gives you the possibility to toggle off Vehicles. Possible Options are „on“ (Speeders and Armors), „off“ (no Vehicles), „only Speeders“ and „only Armors“.
    • „Player‘s health“/“AI health“ → This is almost the same Modification as in Arcade. The Options would be: „Half Amount“, „Normal“ and „Double Amount“. Since the AI is using Heroes and Reinforcements, it would be a bit strange to implement a „one hit“ option, but it would work for the player. Also an Option „Unlimited Health“ for the player would be nice for those players, who wants to play Instant Action as some kind of God-Troopers/-Heroes.
    • „Mini-Map“, „Ability recharge“ → These Modifications are in Arcade as well and i would want them to have in Instant Action with the same Options as in Arcade.
    • „Enemy apperances“ → This one changes the skins, the enemy Troopers are using and i thought about the following Options: „Standard“ (the bots are using the planetary default skins), „Mixed up“ (the enemy Troopers are using the unlocked skins randomly) and „Choose“ (the player can choose one skin per Class to be used by the enemies).
    • „Allied Trooper‘s appearances“ → This Modification would be the same as the one before, but there would be an additional Option „Match the Player“, so the allied AI Troopers use the same skin as the player. If the player changes his skins mid-game, the AI-skins would remain the same.

Now coming to an idea, that i saw a few days ago, posted in the forums (i can‘t find anymore though and so i can‘t give credit to the one, who had this brilliant idea): sliders. This would replace the „Difficulty“-Modification and works as follows: you have bar and a marking for every of the following Modifications. You can pull the marking on the bar to the left or to the right. It would have 5 steps and would look a bit like this: a <-> b <-> c <-> d <-> e (in short: it works, like some of the Audio-Option-Sliders or the Team-Size-Modification on PC). If you pull every slider to the left, it would be the easist setting, you can have. If you pull them to the right, it would be the hardest setting. The Modifications would change things about the AI and they are:
    • „AI-Agressiveness“: low <-> low/normal <-> normal <-> normal/high <-> high
      → This Modification would change the way AI Heroes behave, as well as the AI behavior concerning defending/attacking CPs.
    • „AI-shoot-accuracy“: low <-> low/normal <-> normal <-> normal/high <-> high
    • „AI-Damage-Output“: low <-> low/normal <-> normal <-> normal/high <-> high
    • „AI-grouping-behavior“: low <-> low/normal <-> normal <-> normal/high <-> high
      → This Modification would determine, if the AI is grouping up or if they are running over the map alone.

Another idea, i saw on the forums recently (can‘t find it again though) was the suggestion, if it wasn‘t possible to add additional bots for every team, if the player is connected to the internet. That way the bots would be done via an EA-Server and not via hardware (PS4/XBOX1). You could possibly experience 32vs32 Instant Action on consoles and if this is possible, i can imagine, that Split-Screen in Instant Action should be possible as well (i assume, that this way the bots would be less performance intensive (as i did, when i talked about Split-Screen in Co-Op), so i may be wrong concerning this) and i would get completely behind it.

But now my long list of ideas finally comes to an end. Of course I don‘t expect everything, I mentioned, to come to the game, but I‘d like to see at least some of these ideas implemented (only, if there is no better suggestion). If you‘re still reading this: Thank you! Please share your opinions about these ideas.

I gave that idea (more IA bots when internet ist connected) but it seems that only you read it......
    Battlefront OFFLINE with BOTS
  • I have also an idea how galactic conquest can be implement.

It could be like de first battlefront. Where you see all the planets and to conquest one planet player should 2 phase winning.
    For exmple
    To conquer Geonosis
    1player should winn firt the map on instant action map and conquer the comand post
    2.-player must winn a game alike coop (i mean same structure but not coop)
    3.-to finally conquest geonosis player must winn an assault match (practically arcade)

They can also add space phase when they upgrade battlespace for singleplayer......

Modiffiers when you conquered a planet
    Ability to use heros
    More health
    More damage
    More friendly IA i men for example 14vs13
    Easily to have acces to vehicles

If you think about all it’s really possible, cause the majority of things are now im game
    They only need an interphase of the galaxy

What do you think. And if you thik ist a good idea please coment so maybe DICE think about it
    Battlefront OFFLINE with BOTS
  • slarlac249 wrote: »
    I hope dice gives some attention back to arcade again as it's being ignored...

still waiting for Felucia to be added, currently is has no TDM support all. (does not support blast)

would love to see the capital ship hanger maps in arcade tdm as they are in HvV but like felucia, they have no tdm support.

would also like to see both ewok hunt maps in arcade tdm as they already have online tdm support but aren't in the blast rotation for some reason, they would add a fresh feel to blast having to battle in the dark using flash lights to find the enemy, they could even add ewoks as a 3rd faction to choose in arcade. wouldn't be offline ewok hunt but it would be cool to play as standard tdm.

dice's priorities are all over the place regarding the things they focus on at any given time....little bit here...little bit there.

IA was a welcome addition and one new map for ewok hunt was nice but other things then get nothing...

not to mention starfighter assault which might as well be invisible...

it's a shame we can't properly edit maps in the frosty editior, i've been trying to add the above maps to arcade but because of the limited modding ability for maps in the editor it can't be done, they get as far as th loading screen and then hang because there's no skirmish support....:(

I would love hero AI to be added to arcade.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • I had friendly heroes today in my match I have the screenshot as well is this a bug or feature coming I'm confused on this
    nt89dfte57k1ei.png
  • Kowalski53 wrote: »
    I had friendly heroes today in my match I have the screenshot as well is this a bug or feature coming I'm confused on this
    nt89dfte57k1ei.png

The Devs have said that they didn't want bots restricting what heroes players could choose from, so unfortunately it's a bug.
  • slarlac249
    190 posts Member
    edited November 11
    Hero AI are only in IA, not Arcade. Arcade seems to have joined the ranks of starfighter assault, as in, the mode that no one wants to improve anymore...

If i was the community manager, i'd have a few devs working on IA, a few on MP and a few on Arcade. not "ok, drop everything, you all have to work on this one thing, forget everything else till this one thing is done".

i wish they'd go back to paid expansions, i don't think they have enough incentives to keep up with the "free" content...the whole one new map or mode every few months is making the game boring.

i'm already bored of IA and CS...i love star wars but there's only so much of the same thing i can take over and over...

I can't be the only one who yearns for more content? i'm already dreading the december content..betting it'll be a sodding mp only map...
    creator of the All-In-One Modular @ Nexusmods
    "for a less annoying immersive experience, dl it today!"
  • SAM4XE wrote: »
    Kowalski53 wrote: »
    I had friendly heroes today in my match I have the screenshot as well is this a bug or feature coming I'm confused on this
    nt89dfte57k1ei.png

The Devs have said that they didn't want bots restricting what heroes players could choose from, so unfortunately it's a bug.

Honestly, I do not quite see the issue.

If an AI unit is a hero, check for it from the selection menu. Allow for the user to select the hero, although it is currently chosen. If the player selects the hero, kill the AI unit that currently plays with the hero.

AI is then not able to perform the same step, since it is of gameobject type AI and not player. Should be possible tbh
  • Too bad that its a bug I had a blast with this AI hero running around and watching him go at the others even supporting at times felt immersive with the AI hero.
  • SAM4XE wrote: »
    Kowalski53 wrote: »
    nt89dfte57k1ei.png

This is the first time I've seen an image of the allied heroes! Thanks for sharing this, I'd love to see it become a proper feature!
    Instant Action is on the horizon! Thank you DICE so much for this incredible addition to the game!