criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Instant Action & PvE Feedback

Replies

• We need splitscreen! Any word on it?
    It's a technical hurdle, nothing new to share I am afraid.

Post here on this subject:
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/comment/1547744#Comment_1547744
    Scoundrel wrote: »
    Just saw two separate reports that the AI heroes now emote in INSTANT ACTION. No word on Troops but hero emotes are a VERY cool addition. (And something that was on our master request list a while back).

Little by little INSTANT ACTION is really shaping up nicely. Still needs :
    1. Friendly AI heroes.
    2. More skin customization options (like match player skin, and randomize). Although to be fair I really like the default schemes currently in game.
    3. All in-era maps. (I don’t expect maps that are OT right now) but I would like to see both Capital Ship Interiors as INSTANT ACTION maps in PT (and soon ST). Plus the Naboo Hangar as a smaller 3-Command Post IA map.(eventually I’d like to see all maps become INSTANT ACTION maps when the eras are being focused on. This means Administrators Palace l, Jabbas Palace, Kessel, the OT and ST CAPITAL SHIP maps, etc.
    4. AI VEHICLES
    5. Missing AI UNITS like Droideka, etc.

Agreed. 😎👍🏼
    “There is always hope.”

I would love split screen in IA.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • The final CP on Felacio defense needs the entire terrain section cleaned up. The players and AI just get stuck in pot hole after pote hole after pot hole, I stopped counting after 10. Whoever made that map needs to play test it.
  • i'm probably in the minority but i've been bored of IA for some time.

No, HEAR me out.

Even on Rookie the AI kills you very quickly, same as it does in Arcade, this make playing annoying and one sided.

The AI bunches up into groups and also spawns on you in groups at times, this is annoying and ruins the fun.

TTK is way to quick when an enemy sees you.

The forced intro gets old real quick, we should be able to press a key for instant movement on spawn at the beginning of a round.

on pc, one has to resort to modding to disable all the annoying UI widgets, i think i have 40-50 mods to disable all the annoying crap on screen right now. This is something you shouldn't have to do....

I actually like Team Battle more than IA as i'm an old school gamer who likes a bit of death match. IA was fun at first but running from capture point to capture point with dodgy AI isn't fun, espeically when the AI tends to stay in one place and not spread out much...

I hate that DICE have now let arcade to rot...

I wanted to see Felucia added along with the Hanger maps and even the Ewok Hunt maps (seeing as they already have online blast support but are not in the rotation)

I don't like HvV, all players seem to do is spam force powers at each other, jump and run away...boring, i never see much lightsaber fighting when i try the mode.

I recently got GA working in split screen on pc but sadly both players spawn on the same side so it turned out useless...

I'd much rather see GA in IA and more DM maps in Arcade but it seems we can't have everything these days......

creator of the All-In-One Modular @ Nexusmods
    "for a less annoying immersive experience, dl it today!"
  • I always said that Dice can't waste this great opportunity to complete the game now and im happy they are going in that direction.
    ST era added to Co-Op, IA and CS means that they will add OT too in the next few months.
    I really didn't expect ST to come in december and january with all maps...

All except Crait but yea pretty excited!

I love Crait but i understand why they are still discussione it.

How to make It work?

Maybe they should take phase 2 and phase 3 only even though phase 1 Is beautiful.
    Instant Action - Thank you Dice!
  • I always said that Dice can't waste this great opportunity to complete the game now and im happy they are going in that direction.
    ST era added to Co-Op, IA and CS means that they will add OT too in the next few months.

How to make It work?

Maybe they should take phase 2 and phase 3 only even though phase 1 Is beautiful.

yea that's what I was thinking but that really isn't going to be fun. I mean the trenches and ditches are kinda the reason why Crait's fun, take that out and, kinda Boring. Just like Hoth, you take out the first bit it isn't as exciting, but that's my opinion on it.
    Instant Action Saved The Offline Community!!

FRIENDLY FIRE -> ON/Off in IA

How to make It work?

For Coop i think, it could work, if there are 2 CPs for the first and 2 CPs for the second Phase in the tunnels. Two CPs would be in the hanger for the third phase and in the last phase there would be 1 CP either in the reactor room or in the big mineral cave, that is also available in Arcade.

For IA/CS the outside area should be decorated with environmental clutter and crashed speeders.
    - 1 CP in the hanger behind/under the Resistance transport
    - 1 CP in a destroyed AT-M6 (similar to the Kashyyyk Juggernaught CP)
    - 1 CP surrounded by the other destroyed AT-M6 (similar to the Kamino outdoor CP, which is surrounded by a Trident Droid)
    - 1 CP in the trench, under one of those Turbo Lasers
    - 1 CP in the trenches in this room:
    wbvwhz2uabrs.jpg

Perhaps there are better positions for the CPs, but in general this is something, that could work for Crait.
  • It seems like there won't be a CS/IA map for Starkiller-Base as well. F8RGE only talked about CS, but since they're using the exact same ground maps, i assume this will also be the case for IA.

6c7fez20drvn.jpg
  • Only1CookieMan1
    245 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    It seems like there won't be a CS/IA map for Starkiller-Base as well. F8RGE only talked about CS, but since they're using the exact same ground maps, i assume this will also be the case for IA.

6c7fez20drvn.jpg

Well, that sucks. Although he did say right now so...

• I'm just excited to have Jakku and the jungle one to be honest. And to use that Sith Trooper and Jet Trooper too 👍

I guess we'll see what happens with other maps
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

Instant Action confirmed!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^

• Didn't they say that we were getting Jakku, SK base, Takodana and new map for CS/, Co-Op and IA?
  • Didn't they say that we were getting Jakku, SK base, Takodana and new map for CS/, Co-Op and IA?

No, they said that for CO-OP. Which kinda sucks but they are coming to IA eventually. I also thought the same thing.

Jakku, Takodana and Starkiller-Base on December 17th for Coop, Jungle Planet on December 20th for Coop and Jakku and Jungle Planet for CS/IA in January.
    No word about Takodana for CS/IA as far as i know. Crait is being discussed for Coop, CS and IA.
  • "Since the release of Co-Op, one of the big requests was focused around bringing new eras to the mode. This month we can confirm that the Sequel Trilogy will be arriving into Co-Op across the following maps: Jakku, Takodana, Starkiller Base and our new Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker inspired planet."

But on the plus side they did say:

"In January, we will continue with Sequel Trilogy content as we will bring it to both Instant Action and Capital Supremacy. This includes the Resistance MC85 and First Order Resurgent-class Star Destroyer."

So that means the ship phase of CS is coming to IA in January! This is surprising that next month we will be getting the ship phase for Instant Action.

Jakku, Takodana and Starkiller-Base on December 17th for Coop, Jungle Planet on December 20th for Coop and Jakku and Jungle Planet for CS/IA in January.
    No word about Takodana for CS/IA as far as i know. Crait is being discussed for Coop, CS and IA.

Thank you.
    Hope they add SK base and Takodana to IA too.
    Btw i'm a Co-Op main so i'm happy to have ST added...then we only need OT.
  • Only1CookieMan1
    245 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Didn't they say that we were getting Jakku, SK base, Takodana and new map for CS/, Co-Op and IA?

Thank you.
    Hope they add SK base and Takodana to IA too.
    Btw i'm a Co-Op main so i'm happy to have ST added...then we only need OT.

Same. I don't have ps plus as of writing this, but Co-Op was/is a fun and an interesting mode, different from the rest. Glad it's getting Sequel Trilogy but, kinda annoyed that the best trilogy is left for last...

• So let me get this straight: The rise of Skywalker content that will be released in a couple weeks has absolutely nothing for Instant Action? Then in January, we get Jakku and the new planet? It's too bad DICE can't add the Coop maps to Instant Action. They have the AI. We're still not sure in Takodana, Starkiller Base or Crait will be added to Instant Action. 5 command posts on those 3 maps are do-able in instant action. If they are worried about players sniping AI across wide open spaces, let them. Instant action is supposed to be playing how you want.
    I hope we'll at least get droideka AI and vehicle AI in the next update in December.
  • Oilerfan78 wrote: »
    So let me get this straight: The rise of Skywalker content that will be released in a couple weeks has absolutely nothing for Instant Action? Then in January, we get Jakku and the new planet? It's too bad DICE can't add the Coop maps to Instant Action. They have the AI. We're still not sure in Takodana, Starkiller Base or Crait will be added to Instant Action. 5 command posts on those 3 maps are do-able in instant action. If they are worried about players sniping AI across wide open spaces, let them. Instant action is supposed to be playing how you want.
    I hope we'll at least get droideka AI and vehicle AI in the next update in December.

The reason Is probably that those maps are already programmed for GA so they only need to implement Bots and a few command posts per phase.
  • Instant Action difficult seems much improved!

- No more aimbots on all difficulties!

- No more clustering of AI at command posts! Lots of small skirmishes around the map!

Not a fan of the sequel movies, but more content for the game available forever is always awesome! Welcome variety front Clone Wars too!

Also, specifics on IA maps to come in January:

After having played a few rounds in INSTANT ACTION last night I can confirm what Mando has said. The difficulty setting are near PERFECT now. And I was one who every disappointed with the last change to IA. Now, there is challenge in Rookie without frustration. The other difficulties scale appropriately. It’s PERFECT.

And the Hero Emotes add another layer of depth to the immersion factor. BRAVO DICE.

Just saw two separate reports that the AI heroes now emote in INSTANT ACTION. No word on Troops but hero emotes are a VERY cool addition. (And something that was on our master request list a while back).

1. Friendly AI heroes.
    2. More skin customization options (like match player skin, and randomize). Although to be fair I really like the default schemes currently in game.
    3. All in-era maps. (I don’t expect maps that are OT right now) but I would like to see both Capital Ship Interiors as INSTANT ACTION maps in PT (and soon ST). Plus the Naboo Hangar as a smaller 3-Command Post IA map.(eventually I’d like to see all maps become INSTANT ACTION maps when the eras are being focused on. This means Administrators Palace l, Jabbas Palace, Kessel, the OT and ST CAPITAL SHIP maps, etc.
    4. AI VEHICLES

Agreed. 😎👍🏼

If I could add two more items to the list: TIME OF DAY OPTIONS

Every available time of day for each map (currently available in CS/GA) and STARFIGHTERS.
  • Scoundrel wrote: »
    We need splitscreen! Any word on it?

1. Friendly AI heroes.
    4. AI VEHICLES

Agreed. 😎👍🏼

If I could add two more items to the list: TIME OF DAY OPTIONS

Every available time of day for each map (currently available in CS/GA) and STARFIGHTERS.

I would probably have:

Friendly Hero AI we know it's in the game because mod authors use it

Skins I once saw a 41st on Naboo, which is 501st, but it was only once. Just random would also kinda make it feel more alive, like that AI selected its own skin like players in Multiplayer do.

• Scoundrel wrote: »
    Instant Action difficult seems much improved!

- No more aimbots on all difficulties!

- No more clustering of AI at command posts! Lots of small skirmishes around the map!

Not a fan of the sequel movies, but more content for the game available forever is always awesome! Welcome variety front Clone Wars too!

Also, specifics on IA maps to come in January:

After having played a few rounds in INSTANT ACTION last night I can confirm what Mando has said. The difficulty setting are near PERFECT now. And I was one who every disappointed with the last change to IA. Now, there is challenge in Rookie without frustration. The other difficulties scale appropriately. It’s PERFECT.

And the Hero Emotes add another layer of depth to the immersion factor. BRAVO DICE.

Agree. The Hero Emotes just make it feel livelier. Like you actually just got defeated by a player. A nice change.

• One question people, is the ship phase coming to IA for sure?
  • Llunots wrote: »
    One question people, is the ship phase coming to IA for sure?

"In January, we will continue with Sequel Trilogy content as we will bring it to both Instant Action and Capital Supremacy. This includes the Resistance MC85 and First Order Resurgent-class Star Destroyer."

The ships are coming to IA, unless they worded it very poorly.

• I hope it is not a mistake. I really want the ship phase for IA. Maybe F8RGE could give some clarity on the matter.
  • I really hope that DICE understands that Instant Action should be seperated from Capital Supremacy. Having it as an exact replica (minus the second phase) means that maps are going to be wasted.

Death Star II, Starkiller base, the four Capitsl Ships, etc are really great maps which would work great in Instant Action. I really hope that they are added to IA even if they won't be in CS. These are great maps and I miss them so much now that I can't buy PSplus anymore.

I always ask DICE devs about the capital ships but they never respond. I love those maps though :(
    Instant Action is on the horizon! Thank you DICE so much for this incredible addition to the game!
  • I really hope that DICE understands that Instant Action should be seperated from Capital Supremacy. Having it as an exact replica (minus the second phase) means that maps are going to be wasted.

Death Star II, Starkiller base, the four Capitsl Ships, etc are really great maps which would work great in Instant Action. I really hope that they are added to IA even if they won't be in CS. These are great maps and I miss them so much now that I can't buy PSplus anymore.

I always ask DICE devs about the capital ships but they never respond. I love those maps though :(

Yeah I do hope all maps make their way to IA eventually. I can't believe Starkiller wouldn't be included. Has a whole inside and outside section with plenty of places to have command posts covered. I thought just Crait was the only one not being considered but I want even that one playable as well. All the prequel maps were for IA so was hoping other eras would get the same treatment too.
  • Oilerfan78
    262 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Mystical wrote: »
    I really hope that DICE understands that Instant Action should be seperated from Capital Supremacy. Having it as an exact replica (minus the second phase) means that maps are going to be wasted.

Yeah I do hope all maps make their way to IA eventually. I can't believe Starkiller wouldn't be included. Has a whole inside and outside section with plenty of places to have command posts covered. I thought just Crait was the only one not being considered but I want even that one playable as well. All the prequel maps were for IA so was hoping other eras would get the same treatment too.

I completely agree. Instant action should be about how we want to play. So what if the player or AI could snipe from far on the map? If we choose to do this in Instant Action, let us. In my opinion, it would make for more strategic gameplay. Either that, or release alternate versions of the maps like they did for Geonosis, while keeping the same aesthetic..
  • "Since the release of Co-Op, one of the big requests was focused around bringing new eras to the mode. This month we can confirm that the Sequel Trilogy will be arriving into Co-Op across the following maps: Jakku, Takodana, Starkiller Base and our new Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker inspired planet."

So that means the ship phase of CS is coming to IA in January! This is surprising that next month we will be getting the ship phase for Instant Action.

They could easily just be referring to Capital Supremacy for the ship phase.
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

Instant Action confirmed!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^

Most likely they are referring just to CS but the wording is a bit bad, since they are talking about "both Instant Action and Capital Supremacy" literally directly before. Nevertheless I hope, the Capital Ships are coming to IA as well.

They could, but that's just bad wording on their part then. I don't see why they would say both Instant Action and CS is going to get the ship phase when they only mean CS but, better to keep your expectations low and be surprised then to have your expectations high and be disappointed.

• Have you got some tips to defeat a lightsaber hero with a lightsaber hero? 😁
    They are very strong.
  • SAM4XE
    379 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    "Since the release of Co-Op, one of the big requests was focused around bringing new eras to the mode. This month we can confirm that the Sequel Trilogy will be arriving into Co-Op across the following maps: Jakku, Takodana, Starkiller Base and our new Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker inspired planet."

Most likely they are referring just to CS but the wording is a bit bad, since they are talking about "both Instant Action and Capital Supremacy" literally directly before. Nevertheless I hope, the Capital Ships are coming to IA as well.

Often with Dice the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing. Remember when the september CT instant action details were announced it was worded to indicate that vehicles would be in the initial release, also i recall a tweet in which a dice employee implied that friendly bot heroes not spawning was a part of the same bug stopped certain enemy heroes spawning, when in fact it was that friendly bot heroes were not enabled by choice.

How to make It work?

For Coop i think, it could work, if there are 2 CPs for the first and 2 CPs for the second Phase in the tunnels. Two CPs would be in the hanger for the third phase and in the last phase there would be 1 CP either in the reactor room or in the big mineral cave, that is also available in Arcade.

For IA/CS the outside area should be decorated with environmental clutter and crashed speeders.
    - 1 CP surrounded by the other destroyed AT-M6 (similar to the Kamino outdoor CP, which is surrounded by a Trident Droid)
    wbvwhz2uabrs.jpg

Perhaps there are better positions for the CPs, but in general this is something, that could work for Crait.

I like your idea. For instant action, maybe have 2 CP's outdoors (make the outside map a bit smaller with boundaries near the turbo laser trench. That way we still get a bit of the outdoor map.
    1 of the CP's in the trench by the turbo laser, the other by a destroyed ATM6, 1 in the hanger, 1 in the command room near the back of the map (at the top of the stairs, and the last CP underground in the large crystal mine. It's perfectly doable. Not a fan of bothering the developers, but have you sent your idea to Ben Walke or Dennis?
    I always said that Dice can't waste this great opportunity to complete the game now and im happy they are going in that direction.

How to make It work?

wbvwhz2uabrs.jpg

I like your idea. For instant action, maybe have 2 CP's outdoors (make the outside map a bit smaller with boundaries near the turbo laser trench. That way we still get a bit of the outdoor map.
    1 of the CP's in the trench by the turbo laser, the other by a destroyed ATM6, 1 in the hanger, 1 in the command room near the back of the map (at the top of the stairs, and the last CP underground in the large crystal mine. It's perfectly doable. Not a fan of bothering the developers, but have you sent your idea to Ben Walke or Dennis?

Thanks! No, i didn't send them these ideas. What is the best way to contact them? Tagging them here?
  • This game is getting so damn good. Just waiting on friendly AI heroes and AI Vehicles / Droidekas.

Yeah bummed it wasn't in the last update but I am having fun.
    “There is always hope.”
  • they better not leave the offline hanging like they did in 2015bf. offline instant action definitely needs as many maps, options, and eras as possible.
  • they better not leave the offline hanging like they did in 2015bf. offline instant action definitely needs as many maps, options, and eras as possible.

2015 Skirmish had SOO much potential and they practically threw it away. I know it was two guys who did it and DICE is a company, but they could've done something. Two guys can't do everything. So imagine what DICE could've done. New modes, new maps, customization, heck probably leveling up or something along those lines, all this could've/ should've been offline. Glad DICE changed when it came to Arcade/Instant Action, but there is a lot of work to make IA great.

Didn't think of that, but they could even allow us to chain maps and count victories / losses to have a final verdict at the end of all matches (and other stats, stats are always funny)
  • hosco33
    395 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Have you got some tips to defeat a lightsaber hero with a lightsaber hero? 😁
    They are very strong.

Kind of agree but Bossk is, in my opinion, even harder with a saber hero, not even allowing to block with all his poison/grenades. Saber heroes sometimes low their block, but still hard due to troopers protecting him and shooting from behind. I have been able to kill saber heroes with wookies and rocket jumpers (very funny btw).

2015 Skirmish had SOO much potential and they practically threw it away. I know it was two guys who did it and DICE is a company, but they could've done something. Two guys can't do everything. So imagine what DICE could've done. New modes, new maps, customization, heck probably leveling up or something along those lines, all this could've/ should've been offline. Glad DICE changed when it came to Arcade/Instant Action, but there is a lot of work to make IA great.

if it was just two guys, they should honestly have those guys go finish it lol. I'm forever wanting the dlc walker assaults and fighter squadrons. thats it. but yeah battlefront 2 has a lot of potential that hopefully they wont mess up. loving instant action already but yeah needs more maps, eras, options.

if it was just two guys, they should honestly have those guys go finish it lol. I'm forever wanting the dlc walker assaults and fighter squadrons. thats it. but yeah battlefront 2 has a lot of potential that hopefully they wont mess up. loving instant action already but yeah needs more maps, eras, options.

I honestly don't know what happened to those guys, but I can wait for more maps and eras, don't get me wrong I still want them, but we need more options!

I always said that Dice can't waste this great opportunity to complete the game now and im happy they are going in that direction.

How to make It work?

wbvwhz2uabrs.jpg

Thanks! No, i didn't send them these ideas. What is the best way to contact them? Tagging them here?

The best way is probably through twitter: Ben Walke, Dennis Brannvall. Be respectful. They are probably very busy and have likely thought of our ideas already. They may get hundreds of suggestions from the public. There is a 99.99 chance you won't get a reply. Hpwever, the more people that they know of that have a passion for instant action, the more likely it will be that they continue adding maps.
  • Ben on Sequel maps for Instant Actionuxv5zo43jhz0.png
  • Ben on Sequel maps for Instant Actionuxv5zo43jhz0.png

Still don't see why they would release Jakku, Takodana and the New Planet. Sure, that's a lot of maps right away but those are the maps quite a lot of people don't care for, Crait and Starkiller Base are the ones that are fan favorites, so I still don't see why they can't do Jakku and Starkiller then Takodana and Crait or something like that

• I sure hope they eventually put Crait and Starkiller base into Instant Action. I hope Instant Action does not end up getting treated like Arcade is: getting scraps with severe limitations (no vehicles, heroes, AI reinforcements, small maps, neglected contents like Starfighter Assault). They need to stop thinking of IA like CS. Ben Walke, the community manager agreed that the ship phase of Starkiller base would not work, hence one of the reasons Starkiller base may not come to CS. Starkiller base would work fine as an IA map with control points dispersed outside and indoors.
    I sure hope they eventually put Crait and Starkiller base into Instant Action. I hope Instant Action does not end up getting treated like Arcade is: getting scraps with severe limitations (no vehicles, heroes, AI reinforcements, small maps, neglected contents like Starfighter Assault). They need to stop thinking of IA like CS. Ben Walke, the community manager agreed that the ship phase of Starkiller base would not work, hence one of the reasons Starkiller base may not come to CS. Starkiller base would work fine as an IA map with control points dispersed outside and indoors.

Exactly, IA should be SEPERATE from CS, that way it can receive all of the maps it needs, rather than losing more maps once the servers become empty.
    Instant Action is on the horizon! Thank you DICE so much for this incredible addition to the game!

• I remember this video. When Capital Supremacy came out, i really hoped, we would get a Spawn Screen and Spawn animation like this.
    But now, all Capital Ships, OT maps and ST maps coming to IA would be a far higher priority in my opinion.