criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Instant Action & PvE Feedback

Replies

• Well here they are, all the new skins, the new classes, the new hero abilities (seen visually) coming with "The Rise of Skywalker".

Aaaaaaand here's the official breakdown.

yea I watched it. Looks alright, but I didn't see anything for IA. Did I just miss it?
    Llunots wrote: »
    I think IA update will come on January.

Yes, in January.

Again what DICE said, "In January, we will continue with Sequel Trilogy content as we will bring it to both Instant Action and Capital Supremacy. This includes the Resistance MC85 and First Order Resurgent-class Star Destroyer.
    Rounding out January will also be two new heroes: BB-8 and BB-9E."

The reason why this pertains to us is because we get (for now):
    (1.) 3 new skins
    (2.) 2 new classes for Resistance (grant it they look kind of horror movie creepy but oh well)
    (3.) 2 new classes for The First Order (both pretty decent)
    To be useable (I would imagine) in "Arcade". The jungle map will come to "Instant Action" this January.

yea I agree the new Resistance classes are creepy.

This alien would have been simply hilarious. 😂🤣 He looks like a character out of the children's cartoon "Veggie Tales", lol. Sooooo funny.

uf0sehdmm9tk.jpeg

I think heed probably hop everywhere. 🤔 Truly funny stuff. 😄

:joy:
    Instant Action Saved The Offline Community!!

FRIENDLY FIRE -> ON/Off in IA
  • I'm actually loving the new Jet Trooper, He's so fun!!

• Jesbro wrote: »
    I just played a match on Starkiller Base and it was a blast... Buuuuut for some reason they removed the rocket trooper. I like the jet trooper more than the rocket trooper, but I really wish they would have kept both as they are so much different and it would have been nice to have both.

Please re-add the rocket trooper, DICE?

they removed the first order rocket trooper!! Sweet!

I read on Reddit, they removed the Wookie Warrior for the Resistance in Coop as well.

Hopefully both units will still be in Instant Action.

They aren't in Arcade, so i doubt, they'll be in Instant Action.

Either way I like the new ones and it's not the end of the world since the old ones are still available for the Republic and Rebels.

I don't know about the Rebels, the Wookies were enslaved by the Empire so it would make sense for them to fight against the Empire. Wookies on Kamino is a wtf moment.

I'm fine with Wookie Warriors for the Rebels and on Kashyyyk for the Republic. Now i want the Wookie on other PT maps be replaced by a Clone Flametrooper (just reskin the FO Flametrooper).
    I also like, how the generous FO Jumptrooper has been replaced by the new Jettrooper. Perhaps they could use the Jumptrooper's skin as an armoured Officer skin for the FO.

Things i noticed, while playing Coop on ST maps: the Resistance bots are using all/most of the human and allen skins mixed. Besides that the FO Officers have individual names, like the Wookies or the ARC troopers.
    I just played a match on Starkiller Base and it was a blast... Buuuuut for some reason they removed the rocket trooper. I like the jet trooper more than the rocket trooper, but I really wish they would have kept both as they are so much different and it would have been nice to have both.

I read on Reddit, they removed the Wookie Warrior for the Resistance in Coop as well.

Either way I like the new ones and it's not the end of the world since the old ones are still available for the Republic and Rebels.

I don't know about the Rebels, the Wookies were enslaved by the Empire so it would make sense for them to fight against the Empire. Wookies on Kamino is a wtf moment.

I'm fine with Wookie Warriors for the Rebels and on Kashyyyk for the Republic. Now i want the Wookie on other PT maps be replaced by a Clone Flametrooper (just reskin the FO Flametrooper).
    I also like, how the generous FO Jumptrooper has been replaced by the new Jettrooper. Perhaps they could use the Jumptrooper's skin as an armoured Officer skin for the FO.

Things i noticed, while playing Coop on ST maps: the Resistance bots are using all/most of the human and allen skins mixed. Besides that the FO Officers have individual names, like the Wookies or the ARC troopers.

I'm fine with Wookies for Rebels and Clones but only on Kashyyyk too, but Idk about the flametrooper. The flametrooper would be good on Geonosis, but on Kamino or Naboo?

I honestly like the new Jet Trooper. He's fun, his abilities might be OP but Idk if that's just me and I like the look and the new way he flies. So I hope they don't add the other one back but as a skin for the Officer, Sure why not. They did that for the Clones.

I noticed that too, it's a nice change from seeing CT for Clones and whatever for the Battledroids, for the names I mean. The skins are also very nice!

• A thing I have noticed is that there are bots for all of the new reinforcements in COOP at least.

Also bots for the Heroes and Villains Ray, Finn, Kylo Ren, and Captain Phasma!
  • Gothic_Mando
    1955 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    New Trilogy Co-op has been really fun for me ^^ Not a fan of the movies, but it's a welcome variety to the game and all the new Reinforcements are very fun to play!

Although, I'm not at all impressed with the creature design for the Ovissian. I think they were going for an "adorable-badass" feel with her, but she just looks suuuuper goofy; the textures on her face look jarringly plastic (perhaps a side-effect of focusing on practical effects, but I honestly think a lot of the OT aliens look more real than she does), she just looks like a toy. The colour scheme and blending makes it look plastic too. Or like she just stepped out of Jim Henson's workshop. Not believable enough for me.

And also... a humanoid with horns? Seriously?... They want to create their own new species for these movies, I get it, but it's so incredibly unimaginative and bland.. there are sooo many horned humanoids in the OT and PT universe... Sorry to rant, I just think Lucas-whoever really scraped the barrell with that alien-design. They could've done so much better. And that goofy smile doesn't help much either.. Seriously, just compare the face on that model to ANY other alien in the game...Bossk..Chewie..Yoda. One of these things is not like the other.

Like I said, probably not a DICE issue, I think they just made the alien Lucas gave them from the movie. And it's not a deal-breaker either, she's still really fun to play!

Upon further reflection, it's also a bit of a shame we're getting another jungle / forest map (Kashyyyk, Yavin IV, Takodana, Endor), for the new movie...but let's face it, like a lot of things with these new movies, it's just a nostalgia-fest.

New content will be fun nonetheless!
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

Instant Action confirmed!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^

• Starmasui73146
    1652 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    I'm actually loving the new Jet Trooper, He's so fun!!

Yeah he takes a little getting used to but he's a lot of fun. I'm still working out all his talents.
    Jesbro wrote: »
    A thing I have noticed is that there are bots for all of the new reinforcements in COOP at least.

Yes. They seem relatively proficient as well.

New Trilogy Co-op has been really fun for me ^^ Not a fan of the movies, but it's a welcome variety to the game and all the new Reinforcements are very fun to play!

Although, I'm not at all impressed with the creature design for the Ovissian. I think they were going for an "adorable-badass" feel with her, but she just looks suuuuper goofy; the textures on her face look jarringly plastic (perhaps a side-effect of focusing on practical effects, but I honestly think a lot of the OT aliens look more real than she does), she just looks like a toy. The colour scheme and blending makes it look plastic too. Or like she just stepped out of Jim Henson's workshop. Not believable enough for me.

And also... a humanoid with horns? Seriously?... They want to create their own new species for these movies, I get it, but it's so incredibly unimaginative and bland.. there are sooo many horned humanoids in the OT and PT universe... Sorry to rant, I just think Lucas-whoever really scraped the barrell with that alien-design. They could've done so much better. And that goofy smile doesn't help much either.. Seriously, just compare the face on that model to ANY other alien in the game...Bossk..Chewie..Yoda. One of these things is not like the other.

Like I said, probably not a DICE issue, I think they just made the alien Lucas gave them from the movie. And it's not a deal-breaker either, she's still really fun to play!

Upon further reflection, it's also a bit of a shame we're getting another jungle / forest map (Kashyyyk, Yavin IV, Takodana, Endor), for the new movie...but let's face it, like a lot of things with these new movies, it's just a nostalgia-fest.

The gunner: Though she scared kids at first.
    You know she's not so creepy lookin' when she smiles.
    u02j06zki2jr.jpeg

As for the "the spy" I think that is white hair coming out of the face...not horns. I think.

I love the spies ability to call down fire.
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”

Yeah he takes a little getting used to but he's a lot of fun. I'm still working out all his talents.
    A thing I have noticed is that there are bots for all of the new reinforcements in COOP at least.

"The gunner" created by Disney and mimicked in this game by DICE I feel will give children nightmares. It's simply to freaky.

As for the "the spy" I think that is white hair coming out of the face...not horns. I think.

The Gunner looks like she could chew you up and then spit you out and yes it is hair not horns coming out of the guys face.

• New Trilogy Co-op has been really fun for me ^^ Not a fan of the movies, but it's a welcome variety to the game and all the new Reinforcements are very fun to play!

actually it looks a lot like Scariff. It glitched for some people and they got to play the map a lot earlier and released footage of it and there were Palm Trees scattered about.

• Oilerfan78 wrote: »
    I just tried all 4 reinforcements on Arcade and realized how awesome it would be to use these classes in Instant Action. The wait for January will be difficult. Hopefully, DICE can add droideka and enemy vehicle AI in January's update to make the CW feel complete. I'm also hoping Dennis does not give up on adding Starkiller Base and Crait to Instant Action in the near future. They are 2 of my favorite maps and IA will feel incomplete without them. It's too bad the CS maps are stuck to the IA maps as I feel they could easily put 5 command post s and program the AI nav mesh to capture these points while using most of these 2 maps. If DICE continues to tie the CS maps to IA, forget Death Star 2 coming to instant action due to not really being able to have a ship phase.

they could just do what IA is now. Capture Command Posts till you reach 100 then game. Can I see them doing this. No. It would be boring if there were ships in other maps and none in Death Star 2 so they prob won't add it but, it is an option

• Oilerfan78 wrote: »
    I just tried all 4 reinforcements on Arcade and realized how awesome it would be to use these classes in Instant Action. The wait for January will be difficult. Hopefully, DICE can add droideka and enemy vehicle AI in January's update to make the CW feel complete. I'm also hoping Dennis does not give up on adding Starkiller Base and Crait to Instant Action in the near future. They are 2 of my favorite maps and IA will feel incomplete without them. It's too bad the CS maps are stuck to the IA maps as I feel they could easily put 5 command post s and program the AI nav mesh to capture these points while using most of these 2 maps. If DICE continues to tie the CS maps to IA, forget Death Star 2 coming to instant action due to not really being able to have a ship phase.

they could just do what IA is now. Capture Command Posts till you reach 100 then game. Can I see them doing this. No. It would be boring if there were ships in other maps and none in Death Star 2 so they prob won't add it but, it is an option

I've said this before, it's too bad they can't make IA and CS separate. Use the same map as GA, but add 5 command posts and forget the ship phase. There, you have IA. Is it time or lack of IA player base that they don''t want to make IA maps separate from CS? IA does not have to worry about the ship phase. SKB, Crait and DS2 are 3 of my favorite maps and it does not look like they are going to come to IA due to them being tied to CS.

"The gunner" created by Disney and mimicked in this game by DICE I feel will give children nightmares. It's simply to freaky.

I didn't mention the Phalex Spy, when I talked about species with horns.

I think the Phalex looks ok, it's a Cat-person, with less cat, so mostly humanoid,
    with cat-whiskers replaced by a type of sideburn.

It's a bit unimaginative, but it's a better design than the Toy-face Ovissian.
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^

Yeah this is great! 👍
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

• Starmasui73146
    1652 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    I'm actually loving the new Jet Trooper, He's so fun!!

I didn't mention the Phalex Spy, when I talked about species with horns.

I think the Phalex looks ok, it's a Cat-person, with less cat, so mostly humanoid,
    with cat-whiskers replaced by a type of sideburn.

It's a bit unimaginative, but it's a better design than the Toy-face Ovissian.

Yeah total misunderstanding. When you said, "And also-" on a new paragraph, I thought you were changing subjects, thus the Phalex Spy.

I can't stop raving about this up date.

I love the new Rocket Trooper ability to...
    (1.) jet forward like a Mandalorian
    (2.) hover by pressing 'A' then 'Left Trigger'
    (3.) fire the unique weapon
    (4.) use the grenade weapon that arches is real fun

The Spy...
    (1.) is funny being able to call down fire bombardment (such fun)
    (2.) his melee ability is very cool
    (3.) his radar is a very nice feature

The Gunner is powerful...
    (1.) the weapon is like a souped up Heavy weapon
    (2.) the short explosive shot is nice
    (3.) his heal comes in handy

The Sith Trooper is effective...
    (1.) the main gun is unique feeling
    (2.) holding down Left Trigger for secondary was a pleasant surprise.
    (3.) radar is nice
    (4.) the extension to rush I'm still trying to work out. I think your suppose to run up and melee? ??? 🤔

Bobba Fett now when you hit 'A' actual can do an arcing jump and man did that make him dramatically more effective.

This update is epic.

P.S. - The new reinforcements as A.I. are using their abilities in Co-Op, your right people. Good observation. An A.I. spy even called down fire on our position, such fun.
    “There is always hope.”
  • I'm disappointed that there are no vehicles on the new Co-op maps. Would it be so bad to have First Order AT-STs and LIUVs on Starkiller Base and the new jungle map? Maybe X-Wings and TIE Fighters on Takodana and Starkiller Base, too?

Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/ec5yio/replace_wookie_with_reskinned_ovissian_gunner_on/

This is what could replace Wookies, a reskinned ovissian gunner for clones.

• Haven’t had much time with the update yet but from what I’ve seen so far it’s looking good. I’ve played as the two new resistance reinforcements and I like them both. I like the new layout for COOP, especially how choosing a faction will take you through all attack and defend scenarios as that faction. And I was going to suggest a way to randomly play all scenarios to keep the fun moving and mix things up.

Hero skins are cool. Kylo looks extra menacing to me.

I’m looking forward to having to Sequels available on INSTANT ACTION.

One gripe with the sequel COOP, is the number of available heroes. I’ve gotten used to having the ability to play as a hero (if you’ve got the points) no matter what. I don’t like playing hero whack-a-mole with other players. Having four heroes to play eliminates spawn screen camping. That said I don’t want to break the era-specific hero look immersion that we have in COOP.

Obviously once BB-8/BB9E release, there will be 3 per side. Technically in January there will be four solid options for the Resistance (Rey, Finn, Bb8, Chewie) and only three for the First Order (Kylo, Phasma, BB9E). Short of adding more heroes, I’m not sure what can be done to mitigate the problem.

Long term, what I’d like to see happen hero-wise is to have Legendary Sequel Skins for characters like Lando, Han, Luke, Leia that would make these characters playable (only with the Sequel appearance on Sequel maps). In other words those characters would be greyed out and unavailable to use unless the LEGENDARY skin was equipped. This way the immersion isn’t broken.

If somewhere down the line characters like Poe, Snoke, Maz, Hux, etc are added then they should be available to play, but the heroes should remain capped at four.

I think it’s important to have more available heroes than can be played at any given time. It adds to the variety and the fun. But with INSTANT ACTION and COOP the immersion shouldn’t be broken. Keep the heroes era specific.
  • Now that I think about it, I think the Caphex spy bombardment ability is very similar to one I suggested for a Rebel Pilot/Imperial Pilot reinforcement. The thought was either an orbital strike ability or an Airstrike ability where the pilots could call in a “Tie Defenderish” Strafing run by Xwings or Ties. Just like in the Rogue One DLC.

Maybe we’ll still see that happen. I still
    Think the Wookiee Warrior should
    Be replaced on both ST and OT maps with another unit that still uses thermal imploders.
  • I think the new Reinforcements are great! Not overpowered except maybe the Spy but that's only for the cooldown for his Orbital Strike ability, meaning it could be a little longer but, I like how they replaced the wookie and the first order rocket trooper.

• I hadn’t realized that both were replaced. It was a very quick session. Guess I have mixed feelings about that. One the one hand Wookies don’t belong but the imploder does. And First Order rocket troopers should still be available not replaced (even if the units are similar). Content that doesn’t make sense (Non era specific) should be removed and replaced. But what did the rocket troops do to deserve that?
  • Scoundrel wrote: »
    I hadn’t realized that both were replaced. It was a very quick session. Guess I have mixed feelings about that. One the one hand Wookies don’t belong but the imploder does. And First Order rocket troopers should still be available not replaced (even if the units are similar). Content that doesn’t make sense (Non era specific) should be removed and replaced. But what did the rocket troops do to deserve that?

Why would you have two Aerials? People would always play the new one. He's better (better abilities and better looking), faster and fun. The other one is just like all the other Aerials. Rocket Launcher, Side to Side Jump pack and Forward Jump pack.

• I don’t like the idea of taking away options if the options still fit. It makes sense to replace Wookies, but the Rocket troopers are still in era canon. They should be another option imo
  • Played a lot of Co-op yesterday. I'm loving the AI for the new sage. Can't wait to see this in IA. I played Rey a lot and it was quite a challenge to stay alive. Kylo AI would constantly freeze me and try to finish me off.
  • I'm fine with them removing the old FO Rocket Trooper. It was unimaginative and repetitive.
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

• Imladithil2002
    331 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Scoundrel wrote: »
    Haven’t had much time with the update yet but from what I’ve seen so far it’s looking good. I’ve played as the two new resistance reinforcements and I like them both. I like the new layout for COOP, especially how choosing a faction will take you through all attack and defend scenarios as that faction. And I was going to suggest a way to randomly play all scenarios to keep the fun moving and mix things up.

Hero skins are cool. Kylo looks extra menacing to me.

I’m looking forward to having to Sequels available on INSTANT ACTION.

One gripe with the sequel COOP, is the number of available heroes. I’ve gotten used to having the ability to play as a hero (if you’ve got the points) no matter what. I don’t like playing hero whack-a-mole with other players. Having four heroes to play eliminates spawn screen camping. That said I don’t want to break the era-specific hero look immersion that we have in COOP.

Obviously once BB-8/BB9E release, there will be 3 per side. Technically in January there will be four solid options for the Resistance (Rey, Finn, Bb8, Chewie) and only three for the First Order (Kylo, Phasma, BB9E). Short of adding more heroes, I’m not sure what can be done to mitigate the problem.

Long term, what I’d like to see happen hero-wise is to have Legendary Sequel Skins for characters like Lando, Han, Luke, Leia that would make these characters playable (only with the Sequel appearance on Sequel maps). In other words those characters would be greyed out and unavailable to use unless the LEGENDARY skin was equipped. This way the immersion isn’t broken.

If somewhere down the line characters like Poe, Snoke, Maz, Hux, etc are added then they should be available to play, but the heroes should remain capped at four.

I think it’s important to have more available heroes than can be played at any given time. It adds to the variety and the fun. But with INSTANT ACTION and COOP the immersion shouldn’t be broken. Keep the heroes era specific.
    Perhaps Palpatine could be a hero for the FO, depending on his role in TRoS.
    I like the idea with the Legendary skins, but it doesn't solve the hero problem, since the Resistance would have even more heroes.
    I also agree, that Coop should stay era specific but i do not completely agree about Instant Action. In my point of view the player should decide, if he wants to play as era specific heroes or not and the AI should be era specific. But to be honest: this is not a big deal in my opinion.

Have fun with the new FO reinforcements!
  • I'm fine with them removing the old FO Rocket Trooper. It was unimaginative and repetitive.

This. It was basically just a regular FO Stormtrooper with a jetpack that was too small. No love lost.

I hope they eventually get around to overhauling the rest of the Aerial units in the game to be like the First Order Jet Trooper. The ability to fly and hover is so much more entertaining than just jumping and gliding.

They should also update the weapons of the Aerial units to be better suited to hovering. Add the Extended Barrel attachments to the EL-16 HFE and A280 for the Resistance and Rebel Rocket Jumpers respectively. Give the Imperial Rocket Trooper the E-11, and the Clone Jet Trooper the DC-15A.

Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter

This. It was basically just a regular FO Stormtrooper with a jetpack that was too small. No love lost.

I hope they eventually get around to overhauling the rest of the Aerial units in the game to be like the First Order Jet Trooper. The ability to fly and hover is so much more entertaining than just jumping and gliding.

They should also update the weapons of the Aerial units to be better suited to hovering. Add the Extended Barrel attachments to the EL-16 HFE and A280 for the Resistance and Rebel Rocket Jumpers respectively. Give the Imperial Rocket Trooper the E-11, and the Clone Jet Trooper the DC-15A.

I agree. It was hard to tell the difference from the Rocket Trooper and the Assault Class.

• idk i kinda like the non flying-ness of the old jump packs. more jumpy. kinda hope they dont overhall it and keep this one unique. but who knows.
  • idk i kinda like the non flying-ness of the old jump packs. more jumpy. kinda hope they dont overhall it and keep this one unique. but who knows.

yea I also can't decide if I want all of them like the FO Jet Trooper or only him. Only him having it would make him different and unique, but all of them like the new one would make all of them fun.

• Starmasui73146
    1652 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    I'm fine with them removing the old FO Rocket Trooper. It was unimaginative and repetitive.

Full on agree. Yeah after going back and trying the Resistance Jetpack it really felt lacking in comparison. It feels boring now, the First Order one is just ridiculously superior on ever level, hands down. I hope they never nerf the FO jump trooper, that would be just awful. It is just sooooo dang cool now.
    “There is always hope.”

yea I also can't decide if I want all of them like the FO Jet Trooper or only him. Only him having it would make him different and unique, but all of them like the new one would make all of them fun.

It could make them fun, but it could also mean they lose out on their current abilities.

The Aerial's lateral jetpack abilities, as well as it's rocket launcher and jump pack make it very suitable for a mobile hit-and-run type of playstyle, while the FO Jet Trooper seems beefier.

Not saying it's worse, though. What do you all think?
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

• Imladithil2002
    331 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    idk i kinda like the non flying-ness of the old jump packs. more jumpy. kinda hope they dont overhall it and keep this one unique. but who knows.

It could make them fun, but it could also mean they lose out on their current abilities.

The Aerial's lateral jetpack abilities, as well as it's rocket launcher and jump pack make it very suitable for a mobile hit-and-run type of playstyle, while the FO Jet Trooper seems beefier.

Perhaps the right way would be, to change things a little bit for at least some of the Aerials. For example the FO Jet Trooper is clearly better now than the Resistance Jumptrooper (imo) so they have to do something to it.
    My idea: keep the Resistance and the Rebel Jumptrooper basically the way they are but lower the cooldown for the Jetpack abilities and the Rocket (make the Star Cards, that have been removed in the TRoS Update passive), increase the speed of the Jetpack sprint ability (in the best case the animation could be changed to the FO Jet Trooper's sprint but without damaging enemies) and increase the area of effect for the rocket slightly. In addition to that, they should receive the A-280 (Rebels) and the EL-16HFE (Resistance) including every unlockable Weapon Mod.
    The Imperial Jumptrooper should work the way, the FO one's does with a similar weapon and an alternate fire mode (it doesn't have to be the Grenade Launcher but... something...).
    I don't have any idea for the CW Aerials at the moment but they should be similar to each other and they should be different from every other Aerial in my opinion.

Perhaps the right way would be, to change things a little bit for at least some of the Aerials. For example the FO Jet Trooper is clearly better now than the Resistance Jumptrooper (imo) so they have to do something to it.
    My idea: keep the Resistance and the Rebel Jumptrooper basically the way they are but lower the cooldown for the Jetpack abilities and the Rocket (make the Star Cards, that have been removed in the TRoS Update passive), increase the speed of the Jetpack sprint ability (in the best case the animation could be changed to the FO Jet Trooper's sprint but without damaging enemies) and increase the area of effect for the rocket slightly. In addition to that, they should receive the A-280 (Rebels) and the EL-16HFE (Resistance) including every unlockable Weapon Mod.
    The Imperial Jumptrooper should work the way, the FO one's does with a similar weapon and an alternate fire mode (it doesn't have to be the Grenade Launcher but... something...).
    I don't have any idea for the CW Aerials at the moment but they should be similar to each other and they should be different from every other Aerial in my opinion.

I Have a feeling when OT comes (it's practically confirmed, why would they add PT and ST but not OT). They are going to change the Imperial's to the Rebels TV Show one. Meaning like what they did for the FO Jet Trooper, changing the look and the feel for him. For the Resistance and Rebels? Idk...

My two main issues with losing the unit are:
    1) losing the cosmetic appearance. But from what I understand folks have been talking about the FO rocket trooper skin being reapplied to the officer class. That would be fine by me. Seeing different looking troops in the battlefront is important.
    2) losing the abilities/weapons. I haven’t yet played as the new FO reinforcements, but I don’t think either of the new units have a rocket launcher. That should be made available for one of the new units.

I feel similarly about the wookie warriors. They don’t really belong in the OT or ST eras, but the thermal imploder should be made available to one of the existing units. I’d like to see some Rebel or Imperial unit (other than Wookies and not both) have an imploder.
  • Of course there is something to be said for variety of play style, and there is value in different eras featuring different combat tactics and visual/audio effects.

For instance the PT era matches end up very lightsaber-heavy. That sort of thing can’t/won’t happen in the other eras. That’s a good thing.
    idk i kinda like the non flying-ness of the old jump packs. more jumpy. kinda hope they dont overhall it and keep this one unique. but who knows.

1) losing the cosmetic appearance. But from what I understand folks have been talking about the FO rocket trooper skin being reapplied to the officer class. That would be fine by me. Seeing different looking troops in the battlefront is important.
    2) losing the abilities/weapons. I haven’t yet played as the new FO reinforcements, but I don’t think either of the new units have a rocket launcher. That should be made available for one of the new units.

I feel similarly about the wookie warriors. They don’t really belong in the OT or ST eras, but the thermal imploder should be made available to one of the existing units. I’d like to see some Rebel or Imperial unit (other than Wookies and not both) have an imploder.

The FO Jet Trooper has a rocket gun(?) that shoots 3 massive blasts before it overheats. It doesn't have an ability cooldown because you can alternate between normal blaster and rocket gun(?).

If they added the thermal imploder to the Resistance Gunner she would be op. She has a gun like the heavy's sentry and an ability like, when the player can change the heavy's sentry to slow fire but it's very powerful? Yea she has that.

The FO Jet Trooper has a rocket gun(?) that shoots 3 massive blasts before it overheats. It doesn't have an ability cooldown because you can alternate between normal blaster and rocket gun(?).

If they added the thermal imploder to the Resistance Gunner she would be op. She has a gun like the heavy's sentry and an ability like, when the player can change the heavy's sentry to slow fire but it's very powerful? Yea she has that.

Cookie l, I may be forgetting something super obvious here, but I was referring to the actual rocket launcher. Am I crazy? Does the FO rocket trooper Not have one? Isn’t that launcher a one-shot with a cool down? That’s what I’m talking about. Maybe I’m wrong l. If so, tell
    Me. As far as the thermal imploder goes, I didn’t mean specifically that on the Gunner should be given the weapon. Balance needs to be maintained. Maybe it can be given to the heavy or another unit with a longer cool down. I’d just hate to lose such a iconic weapon/effect, is all.

• slarlac249
    210 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Just thought i'd share a link to my latest mod(s)

https://www.nexusmods.com/starwarsbattlefront22017/mods/2109?tab=description

Offline 1 player Starfighter Assault
    Offline 1 player CO-OP (both modes)
    Offline 1 player Capital Supremacy *remember no bots on 2nd phase due to dice not implementing any*

no side selection (defaults to a given side, repub, sep, res and fo
    no split screen support
    due to current modding limitations.

new map is playable only on CO-OP + tak, skb and jakku.

but when i looked at the game files, it's coming to CS along with takodana, starkiller, jakku and crait.
    crait was also listed for CO-OP as well.

new maps will appear in map selection for CS but they don't work yet. (skb, jak, tako, crait & ajk)
    another new map appears in coop map selection but doesn't work yet (crait)

MERRY CHRISTMAS PC GAMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Post edited by slarlac249 on
    creator of the All-In-One Modular @ Nexusmods
    "for a less annoying immersive experience, dl it today!"
  • slarlac249 wrote: »

Offline 1 player Capital Supremacy

no split screen support

but when i looked at the game files, it's coming to CS along with takodana, starkiller, jakku and crait.

new maps will appear in map selection for CS but they don't work yet. (skb, jak, tako, crait & ajk)

Great, slarlac !

I'll be definitely giving your mods a go.
  • Starmasui73146
    1652 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Well the new jungle map in Co-Op is nice. Albeit a little cramped and claustrophobic as the First Order though. I would have liked the boarders on the left and right in phase one moved out another 20' but other then that cool. The map boarders seems perfect as the Resistance though. Sooooooo glad to be able to use the caves as them.
    “There is always hope.”
  • Well the new jungle map in Co-Op is nice. Albeit a little cramped and claustrophobic as the First Order though. I would have liked the boarders on the left and right in phase one moved out another 20' but other then that cool. The map boarders seems perfect as the Resistance though. Sooooooo glad to be able to use the caves as them.

I have to take your word for it. I can't get a Resistance game on Kloss, but yea, it's fun, there's a lot of vegetation and it reminds me of Scariff...

• slarlac249 wrote: »

Offline 1 player Capital Supremacy *remember no bots on 2nd phase due to dice not implementing any*

no split screen support

If you knew a way where I could somehow get this to work on the Xbox One I would be really impressed :)

Unfortunately I don't have the PC version :(
  • So this is interesting... COOP has seen some changes.

We’ve been asking for AI trooper skins, and I think it’s starting to happen. On Sequel maps I’m seeing enemy AI troops Heavy and officers with multiple heads / skins. I’ve seen side by side quarren and zabrak heavies. Rodians and human officers. First Order officers (red head, eyepatch, light skinned, dark skinned).

Tactical Trooper commands
    When selecting which command post to attack. New voice lines are said by all troops and reinforcements. Like: “defend the objectives” “hold them here” “target the objective”... these commands may actually be obeyed by AI players. Not certain yet, but I’ve seen nearby AI change course and head back to the objective AFTER I’ve selected a CP. press square and

Names above ALL AI enemies and friendlies. Not sure if this is new, but I don’t recall seeing it before.

• I've been playing a mod that makes the co-op mode playable solo and offline and balances it out by having friendly hero ai, friendly reinforcement ai and a larger number of allied troopers helping you out. I have to say, it's even more fun than online co-op and I really hope DICE will consider making something like this a standard feature for instant action mode. So we could have the Capital Supremacy mode in instant action, but also add this as an alternative instant action mode with some new creative name other than "co op" cause that wouldn't make any sense for a solo mode name. Maybe call it something like Over Run?

This is the mod right here:
    https://www.nexusmods.com/starwarsbattlefront22017/mods/1056?tab=files

DICE, please consider adding this for the offline component of the game in IA. As a PC player, I can enjoy it for now, but if the mod developer ever gets tired of updating it with each new patch, I won't be able to do so anymore. This really would amplify the offline offerings and make it not sting so bad that we won't be getting Star Killer base in the Cs-style IA mode.
  • Did my comment just get deleted?
  • Anyways, I am fully in agreement that the rocket trooper (minus the jetpack) skin should be made the armored FO officer skin. Maybe even have alternative skins for the FO officer with different colored shoulder pads.
  • After 2 year, I decided earlier today to bite the bullet and try MP for the first time since launch. I wanted to try the newer maps. I bought a month subscription to PSN. I tried COOP for the ST as the First Order. Jakku was alright. Tried Takodana 2 times, couldn't get out of the forest. Starkiller Base was awesome, too bad they are not giving us this map for IA. Ajan Kloss was another awesome map, especially the caves. Hopefully when it comes to IA, they don't lock of the cave section of the map. AI were quite easy, surprisingly. COOP reminds me of Supremacy from SWBF1.

Then I tried Galactic Assault (Jakku, Death Star 2, Hoth, Naboo) - pretty standard attack and defend objectives
    It was not until I played the GA version of Geonosis that I was blown away. Playing as the republic, I've never experienced a more intense battle in any game before. It literally mirrored the Attack of the Clones scene of the ground battle. It make IA seem like a quarrel in comparison. Hoth was probably the other map that came close to the intensity.

It's really unfortunate DICE won't expand on adding AI to GA and putting it in Instant Action.I love instant action, but the maps are a bit closed off compared to the COOP and GA modes. Arcade only has a very small section of the GA map, if at all. Dennis spoke at Gamescom of wanting to have MP and single player "parity" going forward. With IA likely not getting Crait or Starkiller base, I think it would be incredible if DICE could modify the AI for Galactic Assault. That way we can at least be able to play the large scale maps in single player. The MP player have access to all maps, while the single players get maps that are cut off or extremely small. I still wish we could play some of the blast maps from SWBF1 in single player. Ice caves on Hoth, Hangar and Sulphur fields of Sullust, Goazoan Badlands from Jakku, Jawa hideout of Tatooine, etc.

• Starmasui73146
    1652 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    I find it kinda funny that if you blink in the film you'll miss our two Resistance aliens. But man am I glad their in the game. They're by far my favorite characters to play.
    Scoundrel wrote: »
    So this is interesting... COOP has seen some changes.

We’ve been asking for AI trooper skins, and I think it’s starting to happen. On Sequel maps I’m seeing enemy AI troops Heavy and officers with multiple heads / skins. I’ve seen side by side quarren and zabrak heavies. Rodians and human officers. First Order officers (red head, eyepatch, light skinned, dark skinned).

Tactical Trooper commands
    When selecting which command post to attack. New voice lines are said by all troops and reinforcements. Like: “defend the objectives” “hold them here” “target the objective”... these commands may actually be obeyed by AI players. Not certain yet, but I’ve seen nearby AI change course and head back to the objective AFTER I’ve selected a CP. press square and

Names above ALL AI enemies and friendlies. Not sure if this is new, but I don’t recall seeing it before.

Yes, this...I've seen the same. 👍🏼 If I understand it correctly: A.I. can issue orders to you or you to them. The orders are triggered at distance by pressing X. If a CP is not capture and you hit X over or at a distance from the CP, the command will say, "Target the objective." If a CP is capture and you hit X over or at a distance from the CP, the command will say, "Defend the objective," etc, etc...
    “There is always hope.”
  • I like ST maps so much, It Is really fun.
    But in general i'm loving Co-Op mod, i play It every day and now we only need OT maps then the game will be complete.
    IA Is good, i used to play It all the time when It was added but after i tried Co-Op i never came back to it.
    Instant Action - Thank you Dice!