criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Instant Action & PvE Feedback

Replies

• I've been playing a mod that makes the co-op mode playable solo and offline and balances it out by having friendly hero ai, friendly reinforcement ai and a larger number of allied troopers helping you out. I have to say, it's even more fun than online co-op and I really hope DICE will consider making something like this a standard feature for instant action mode. So we could have the Capital Supremacy mode in instant action, but also add this as an alternative instant action mode with some new creative name other than "co op" cause that wouldn't make any sense for a solo mode name. Maybe call it something like Over Run?

This is the mod right here:
    https://www.nexusmods.com/starwarsbattlefront22017/mods/1056?tab=files

DICE, please consider adding this for the offline component of the game in IA. As a PC player, I can enjoy it for now, but if the mod developer ever gets tired of updating it with each new patch, I won't be able to do so anymore. This really would amplify the offline offerings and make it not sting so bad that we won't be getting Star Killer base in the Cs-style IA mode.

Yes, this is a great mod. I had been using previous versions of it before 32v32 was available in game. I actually haven't tried this latest version yet though. Does this newest version actually work? Previous versions of the offline coop had a bug where all your teammate AI would disappear after their first death. They would never respawn.

I agree that it would be great if this could be brought into the normal game so that if the modder stops updating and/or someday the game server go away, we'll still be able to access the coop maps/mode. That said, coop is very enjoyable online too, although I really only play it to get heroes/reinforcements leveled up. Then I go back to Instant Action.
  • Oilerfan78 wrote: »
    After 2 year, I decided earlier today to bite the bullet and try MP for the first time since launch. I wanted to try the newer maps. I bought a month subscription to PSN. I tried COOP for the ST as the First Order. Jakku was alright. Tried Takodana 2 times, couldn't get out of the forest. Starkiller Base was awesome, too bad they are not giving us this map for IA. Ajan Kloss was another awesome map, especially the caves. Hopefully when it comes to IA, they don't lock of the cave section of the map. AI were quite easy, surprisingly. COOP reminds me of Supremacy from SWBF1.

Then I tried Galactic Assault (Jakku, Death Star 2, Hoth, Naboo) - pretty standard attack and defend objectives
    It was not until I played the GA version of Geonosis that I was blown away. Playing as the republic, I've never experienced a more intense battle in any game before. It literally mirrored the Attack of the Clones scene of the ground battle. It make IA seem like a quarrel in comparison. Hoth was probably the other map that came close to the intensity.

It's really unfortunate DICE won't expand on adding AI to GA and putting it in Instant Action.I love instant action, but the maps are a bit closed off compared to the COOP and GA modes. Arcade only has a very small section of the GA map, if at all. Dennis spoke at Gamescom of wanting to have MP and single player "parity" going forward. With IA likely not getting Crait or Starkiller base, I think it would be incredible if DICE could modify the AI for Galactic Assault. That way we can at least be able to play the large scale maps in single player. The MP player have access to all maps, while the single players get maps that are cut off or extremely small. I still wish we could play some of the blast maps from SWBF1 in single player. Ice caves on Hoth, Hangar and Sulphur fields of Sullust, Goazoan Badlands from Jakku, Jawa hideout of Tatooine, etc.

Agreed, we're missing out by not having GA maps in an offline mode mode with bots. GA versions of Hoth and Geonosis are possibly my favorites in the whole game. Something else I think we're reeeeaally missing in offline is being able to pilot ships over the battles. That can be done in GA and it's super fun.
  • First_Order_of_Pizza
    174 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    I like ST maps so much, It Is really fun.
    But in general i'm loving Co-Op mod, i play It every day and now we only need OT maps then the game will be complete.
    IA Is good, i used to play It all the time when It was added but after i tried Co-Op i never came back to it.

Believe me, if you could play on PC with 32 v 32 Instant Action you would love Instant Action more. Co-Op is great, but Instant Action is insanely good when you have 64 bots running around causing mayhem. I also have the game on Xbox One X, in addition to PC, and Instant Action is pretty dull with only 13 v 13.

That said, I feel like "Co-Op" needs a solo option (with allied reinforcements, heroes, vehicles, etc. And more allied troops for balance) in order to A) appease the console players with a fast-paced experience and B) immortalize that content which will otherwise be forever lost when the servers go down some day.
  • andytheavs wrote: »
    Yes, this is a great mod. I had been using previous versions of it before 32v32 was available in game. I actually haven't tried this latest version yet though. Does this newest version actually work? Previous versions of the offline coop had a bug where all your teammate AI would disappear after their first death. They would never respawn.

I agree that it would be great if this could be brought into the normal game so that if the modder stops updating and/or someday the game server go away, we'll still be able to access the coop maps/mode. That said, coop is very enjoyable online too, although I really only play it to get heroes/reinforcements leveled up. Then I go back to Instant Action.

Yep! Mophead just updated a day or two ago and now it supports friendly hero AI too (something which I am still awaiting officially to be added to Instant Action by the devs)! It is an insane amount of fun. Just got done playing three matches of it with bots a minute ago. Now I'm about to jump in and play some IA.
  • Just a question, why are the bots in Coop so different than the ones in Instant Action? I thought they were the same AI? There is a definite difference in the difficulty. Coop AI seem easier to defeat.
  • If DICE is having difficulties adding Starkiller Base and Crait to instant Action, why not try 2 phases? For Crait, 1st phase is exactly like GA-stop the ATM6's from reaching the bunker 1 CP point/time limit. If resistance fails, 2nd phase, inside have 5 CPs and plays just like a game of IA.

For Starkiller Base, Resistance has to escape the inside (1 CP by the entrance/ time limit, if they are successful, 2nd phase 5 CP's outside).
  • I like ST maps so much, It Is really fun.
    But in general i'm loving Co-Op mod, i play It every day and now we only need OT maps then the game will be complete.
    IA Is good, i used to play It all the time when It was added but after i tried Co-Op i never came back to it.

Believe me, if you could play on PC with 32 v 32 Instant Action you would love Instant Action more. Co-Op is great, but Instant Action is insanely good when you have 64 bots running around causing mayhem. I also have the game on Xbox One X, in addition to PC, and Instant Action is pretty dull with only 13 v 13.

That said, I feel like "Co-Op" needs a solo option (with allied reinforcements, heroes, vehicles, etc. And more allied troops for balance) in order to A) appease the console players with a fast-paced experience and B) immortalize that content which will otherwise be forever lost when the servers go down some day.

I would love for co-op to get a split screen option as well.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • andytheavs wrote: »

Yep! Mophead just updated a day or two ago and now it supports friendly hero AI too (something which I am still awaiting officially to be added to Instant Action by the devs)! It is an insane amount of fun. Just got done playing three matches of it with bots a minute ago. Now I'm about to jump in and play some IA.

Nice, I'll be giving that a try soon! The friendly hero option was a really great thing in past versions of the mod too. I just turn off heroes entirely in the base game because it feels weird only fighting against them. I feel like I just spend the whole match battling the enemy heroes instead of... well, doing anything else that I would do in Instant Action. Having hero AI on both sides is super fun because then I can watch them duel each other and not feel like I have to engage the enemy hero all the time.
    The only downside is I wish there were an option to choose how many heroes per side. I think the mod increases it from 2 to 4. That's too many on the field at once for my liking. Would be nice to have the choice.
  • I've noticed since the latest update that the enemy side has been having more than 2 heroes on the battlefront, I've been ganged up on by Yoda, Obi-Wan and Anakin. It does feel nice not winning every game for a change but those guys are tough! Perhaps friendly heroes are needed as an option.
    Instant Action is on the horizon! Thank you DICE so much for this incredible addition to the game!
  • I've noticed since the latest update that the enemy side has been having more than 2 heroes on the battlefront, I've been ganged up on by Yoda, Obi-Wan and Anakin. It does feel nice not winning every game for a change but those guys are tough! Perhaps friendly heroes are needed as an option.

friendly heroes or a number of hero options. would only like to face one on the battlefront.
    maybe they will be easier to take on when tanks come in.
  • I just had the Coop bug again. But this time two players spawned in the opposite team, so it was a 2vs2. Anyone else experienced this?
  • Starmasui73146
    1655 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    I just had the Coop bug again. But this time two players spawned in the opposite team, so it was a 2vs2. Anyone else experienced this?

Not yet.

Gosh I'm dying to know what the devs managed to accomplish for January.

I know they said, "This jungle planet will arrive in Co-Op and Heroes Vs Villains in this update and will join, alongside other New Trilogy planets, both Instant Action and Capital Supremacy in January 2020."

So we know we get for "Instant Action" in January the
    maps:
    (1.) Jakku
    (2.) Takodana
    (3.) Ajann Kloss - the jungle planet

We also get the Heroes:
    (1.) BB-8
    and
    (2.) BB-9E (enemy droid)

@FORGE: Will January also include A.I. star fighters, A.I. Destroyer Droids and the option to turn on friendly heroes as company? We seriously need waaaay more options in menus as well as an after game team contribution screen and an award accolades screen. Thanks ever so much. All your efforts are appreciated more then you will ever know.

I don't know how difficult it would be, but could the entire capital ship interiors across the prequel and sequel era (and eventually original trilogy) be added to "Instant Action" as separate maps? I'd love to replay these maps after the multiplayer days are done. Personally, I want all maps and characters currently in the game and in the future to be accessible Offline. The current "Instant Action" is wonderful...its the most important thing to me in the game - but it would be nice to have: Crait, Starkiller Base, Yavin, Tatooine, Hoth, Endor, and Death Star II in IA.

I can't get enough of the Offline immersion/fantasy. You guys have done great. Blessed. Thankful. Awe.

One of my favorite things about BF1 (2004) & BF2 (2005) is replay in IA.
    I Agree with everything you have said.

Mystical wrote: »
    I definitely wouldn't mind the interior ships as additional content. Even if it was a team deathmatch battle and non-objective. More places to fight in offline instant action the better in my opinion.
    @FORGE: Many of us would really love to see the cool maps The Resistence MC85 Star Cruiser and the First Order Resurgent-class Star Destroyer map come to "Arcade: Team Battle" soon. Thank you soooo much. As always devs your the greatest. 🙂👍🏼🤗
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • Mystical wrote: »
    Said it a billion times already but I hope January update brings the Ai vehicles to instant action as well. Would really make the mode feel even more complete and with epic battles.

Me too, but I think I want those droidekas (I don't think they're in)!
    Instant Action Saved The Offline Community!!

FRIENDLY FIRE -> ON/Off in IA
  • hopefully vehicles and droideka come next month.
  • Starmasui73146
    1655 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Said it a billion times already but I hope January update brings the Ai vehicles to instant action as well. Would really make the mode feel even more complete and with epic battles.

Me too, but I think I want those droidekas (I don't think they're in)!
    hopefully vehicles and droideka come next month.

Agreed.

“There is always hope.”
  • Maybe they need to start thinking of some of the future Instant Action maps in "phases". Crait could work this way: Keep the outside phase as is. The First order has 5 minutes to take over a certain area. If they succeed the game moves indoors to the hangar/caves with 5 command posts and IA proceeds as normally.

For Starkiller Base, have the resistance focus on escaping the base (so start from the inside and they have to capture a certain area (by the entrance). If the resistance is successful, move outdoors and have the 5 CP's as normal IA.
    After getting a better sense of the MP maps, I know DICE loves their phases and these suggestion would allow us the enjoy the full maps while still keeping the IA gameplay.

If DICE is to bring all maps to IA, some out of the box ideas are needed.
  • hosco33
    395 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Oilerfan78 wrote: »
    Maybe they need to start thinking of some of the future Instant Action maps in "phases". Crait could work this way: Keep the outside phase as is. The First order has 5 minutes to take over a certain area. If they succeed the game moves indoors to the hangar/caves with 5 command posts and IA proceeds as normally.

For Starkiller Base, have the resistance focus on escaping the base (so start from the inside and they have to capture a certain area (by the entrance). If the resistance is successful, move outdoors and have the 5 CP's as normal IA.
    After getting a better sense of the MP maps, I know DICE loves their phases and these suggestion would allow us the enjoy the full maps while still keeping the IA gameplay.

If DICE is to bring all maps to IA, some out of the box ideas are needed.

I think that's a cool idea that could also be brought to Co-op. And IA could share content from CS and Co-op's layout, though the amount of AI will be lesser, we know.
  • I don't want to sound ungrateful but even though IA/Co-op is an impressive addition it feels that the devs are still enforcing unnecessary restrictions that are preventing PvE modes from being amazing. For example, Friendly bot Heroes are an absolute necessity and deliberately leaving them out of IA should never even been considered, never mind implemented.
  • SAM4XE wrote: »
    I don't want to sound ungrateful but even though IA/Co-op is an impressive addition it feels that the devs are still enforcing unnecessary restrictions that are preventing PvE modes from being amazing. For example, Friendly bot Heroes are an absolute necessity and deliberately leaving them out of IA should never even been considered, never mind implemented.

I wonder if the reason is player choice of heroes? It's been asked on this forum what would happen to the AI hero if the player wanted to choose them and they are already on the battlefield. One way for this is to set which friendly AI can spawn as AI. For instance, let there be a toggle Let friendly AI spawn as: and you can choose which AI that they spawn as. If you want to team up with Obi Wan, have the AI spawn as Anakin only

I don't like the IA map restrictions, no vehicle or droideka AI. This is all able to be fixed. I'm sure we will get droideka AI in January. Vehicle AI could come in Jan./Feb.. I'm wondering if Ajan Kloss will have the cave system in IA or if we'll get Maz's castle on Takodana?
  • I was looking at forum badges and came across this one I had:

wuc9eqrwfdsb.jpg

It got me thinking since this was when the forum first opened a lot of us around that time were here pushing for more offline content and hoping offline content would even exist in Battlefront 2015 even before it came out. Would not surprise me of the 180 in that group more than half were at at least pro-offline players. We've had such a long road in those 4 years, so happy what the game has become and the offline content yet to come.
  • Interesting twist on a familiar glitch...

Playing CoOp and got bounced from my team of four and was the lone trooper in the republic side on Felicia while the rest of my team was the CIS.

Weird part was I was able to grab Anakin and moments later an AI ANAKIN was alongside me. Then AI OBIWAN joined too. So there were two Anakins and an ObiWan running around. I’m sure “my” team thought I was cheating somehow but I assure you I wasn’t. It was very cool however to have an AI hero teammate or two.

Truth be told, in the final stage on Felucia I sat on the CP defending (as Anakin) with AI ObiWans help, and AI ANAKIN was actually spawn camping the CIS and decimating the enemy team.

Weird.

But... gives me hope for AI hero teammates in Instant Action.
  • Mystical wrote: »
    I was looking at forum badges and came across this one I had:

wuc9eqrwfdsb.jpg

It got me thinking since this was when the forum first opened a lot of us around that time were here pushing for more offline content and hoping offline content would even exist in Battlefront 2015 even before it came out. Would not surprise me of the 180 in that group more than half were at at least pro-offline players. We've had such a long road in those 4 years, so happy what the game has become and the offline content yet to come.

I agree that SP has come a long way. But let's be honest, compared to MP in both EA Star Wars games, we got scraps. In SWBF1, there is no hero AI, no DLC offline map support, no small map support for Skirmish.

In SWBF2, we still are getting scraps. I started playing MP for the first time since launch. I've tried all modes. The Arcade maps are extremely small when compared to the GA maps. Arcade has no vehicle, reinforcement or hero AI. In Instant Action, we are close to getting a perfect experience once vehicle and droideka AI come. But again, basing the IA maps on the CS maps, we are still not getting full maps. I would love to have IA expanded to include the Naboo Palace, Crashed Venator on Kashykk and Trippa Hive on Geonosis. When we do get the ST maps, they will likely be cut down compared to the GA maps. I could see Maz's castle being blocked off as well as the cave system in Ajan Kloss. Not to mention, as of now, we are not getting Crait/Starkiller Base for IA.

My point is MP players have access to all the maps, so if they can't play Crait or Starkiller base in IA, they shouldn't care. For offline players, aside from small sections of those 2 maps, we don't have access to those 2 maps at all. I don't consider COOP SP.

When we get the OT for IA. I could see Hoth, Yavin, Endor and DS2 being severely compromised and cut down (due to size and layout), if they make IA maps for those at all.

Again, we will have nothing but crumbs. Maybe the solution is to make IA a series of 3 phases where you have 5-10 minutes to control sections of a map ( using 5 CPs) before going onto the next section. Make it best out of 3?

wuc9eqrwfdsb.jpg

I agree that SP has come a long way. But let's be honest, compared to MP in both EA Star Wars games, we got scraps. In SWBF1, there is no hero AI, no DLC offline map support, no small map support for Skirmish.

In SWBF2, we still are getting scraps. I started playing MP for the first time since launch. I've tried all modes. The Arcade maps are extremely small when compared to the GA maps. Arcade has no vehicle, reinforcement or hero AI. In Instant Action, we are close to getting a perfect experience once vehicle and droideka AI come. But again, basing the IA maps on the CS maps, we are still not getting full maps. I would love to have IA expanded to include the Naboo Palace, Crashed Venator on Kashykk and Trippa Hive on Geonosis. When we do get the ST maps, they will likely be cut down compared to the GA maps. I could see Maz's castle being blocked off as well as the cave system in Ajan Kloss. Not to mention, as of now, we are not getting Crait/Starkiller Base for IA.

My point is MP players have access to all the maps, so if they can't play Crait or Starkiller base in IA, they shouldn't care. For offline players, aside from small sections of those 2 maps, we don't have access to those 2 maps at all. I don't consider COOP SP.

When we get the OT for IA. I could see Hoth, Yavin, Endor and DS2 being severely compromised and cut down (due to size and layout), if they make IA maps for those at all.

Again, we will have nothing but crumbs. Maybe the solution is to make IA a series of 3 phases where you have 5-10 minutes to control sections of a map ( using 5 CPs) before going onto the next section. Make it best out of 3?

I agree with you but didn't they say Arcade was to hone your skills or something? I know I know how can you train for MP when there aren't Enemy Heroes or Vehicles or good AI for that matter, but the fun offline is IA. No Doubt.

wuc9eqrwfdsb.jpg

I agree with you but didn't they say Arcade was to hone your skills or something? I know I know how can you train for MP when there aren't Enemy Heroes or Vehicles or good AI for that matter, but the fun offline is IA. No Doubt.

Yes, you are correct, but when Arcade was all we had (after we were told we would get a new and improved Skirmish) one couldn't help but be let down. Especially when the GA maps look and are designed so well. I wonder if the smaller designs of the IA maps are due to the small numbers of console AI. I also wonder if it is really 13 vs 13 or if it's like SWBF1 skirmish where it states 20 vs 20, but it never reaches that as each side respawns in queue. I once watched an AI take 4 minutes to pick a soldier AI in Skirmish. You can tell when their name is not greyed out that they are live and active. This one soldier was grayed out for about 4 minutes, so they definitely do not all play simultaneously at the same time.

In Instant Action, we are close to getting a perfect experience once vehicle and droideka AI come. But again, basing the IA maps on the CS maps, we are still not getting full maps.

True, but I still have a lot of fun in IA and when we get the vehicles and other units like you mentioned it'll be even better. Also they said IA will get extra game options and I think that will set it apart from CS as we will be able to do wacky stuff that you cant do in IA.

• Starmasui73146
    1655 posts Member
    edited January 2
    SAM4XE wrote: »
    I don't want to sound ungrateful but even though IA/Co-op is an impressive addition it feels that the devs are still enforcing unnecessary restrictions that are preventing PvE modes from being amazing. For example, Friendly bot Heroes are an absolute necessity and deliberately leaving them out of IA should never even been considered, never mind implemented.
    Minimalism yes, I hear you. Way more options in menus is needed.

Oilerfan78 wrote: »

wuc9eqrwfdsb.jpg

Again, we will have nothing but Maybe the solution is to make IA a series of 3 phases where you have 5-10 minutes to control sections of a map ( using 5 CPs) before going onto the next section. Make it best out of 3?

(1.) Well for a long time I asked for an expansion to the "Arcade : Team Battle" Maz's Castle map. I wanted an extension around the whole of the castle perimeters to extend out 10' further. This would permit sneaking around the backside of the castle. I also wanted the map to extend into the woods like HvsV. Plus I wanted to be able to be on or near the Millennial Falcon. All fell on deaf ears.

(2.) I also asked in "Arcade: Team Battle" for full complete access to the second floor in ALL areas on Yavin IV temple.
    Again it fell on deaf ears.

It is rather frustrating.

Any way enough grumbling...good news. 😇👍🏼

Twitter tips, what is likely coming in January and possibly February. Plus hints by the devs...

It sounds like the devs are hinting at Destroyer Droids (Droideka) coming very soon.
    😀😃😃

So we're looking at probably Wednesday January 29th, I think, for the release.

Happy New Year everybody it's 2020❗️❗️❗️🤗😎🥳🔊📣🎷🎺🎸🤗
    “There is always hope.”
  • I'm curious to know, out of the 7 large scale planets that aren't coming (yet at least), which ones would you say you absolutely have to see? Of course it would be nice to get them all, but with Crait and Starkiller Base not included in our Instant Action pack for January, it does make me wonder... So what maps do you just HAVE to see going forward?

Here are the large scale maps we don't have word of yet:

Tatooine
    Yavin IV
    Hoth
    Endor
    Death Star II
    Starkiller Base
    Crait
    Geonosis - Trippa Hive (GA map)
  • Just wanted to say @Only1CookieMan1 is one hell of a teammate. Played some CoOp on Saturday (I think it was Saturday) anyway Cookie shows up and we play a few rounds, emoting to communicate (we could really use some tactical emotes DICE). Then at one point the dreaded CoOp bug hits and puts us on different teams—2v2. Well, I realized this when my team dropped to two and I was shooting at a cluster of FO troops on Starkiller. I landed a few shots before I realized it was Cookie. I immediately stopped firing and threw out an I GIVE UP emote. Cookie comes back with a WASN'T ME. From that point on, on opposite sides we continued the emoting and AVOIDED killing each other. Eventually we landed on the same team again for a bit.

This community can be great sometimes when people give themselves over to just having fun and being a good teammate.

Cheers, Cookie.

Looking forward to our next match.

That is all.
    Scoundrel out.
  • I'm curious to know, out of the 7 large scale planets that aren't coming (yet at least), which ones would you say you absolutely have to see? Of course it would be nice to get them all, but with Crait and Starkiller Base not included in our Instant Action pack for January, it does make me wonder... So what maps do you just HAVE to see going forward?

Tatooine
    Yavin IV
    Hoth
    Endor
    Death Star II
    Starkiller Base
    Crait

Tatooine, Hoth, Yavin IV, and Endor are absolutely essential as far as Instant Action goes. I hope they find a way to make the AT-ATs work in Instant Action so we get all the vehicles offline.

Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Starmasui73146
    1655 posts Member
    edited January 8
    I'm curious to know, out of the 7 large scale planets that aren't coming (yet at least), which ones would you say you absolutely have to see? Of course it would be nice to get them all, but with Crait and Starkiller Base not included in our Instant Action pack for January, it does make me wonder... So what maps do you just HAVE to see going forward?

Tatooine
    Yavin IV
    Hoth
    Endor
    Death Star II
    Starkiller Base
    Crait

Oh my goodness call me greedy but I love them all, please don't make me pick just one.
    Scoundrel wrote: »
    Just wanted to say @Only1CookieMan1 is one hell of a teammate. Played some CoOp on Saturday (I think it was Saturday) anyway Cookie shows up and we play a few rounds, emoting to communicate (we could really use some tactical emotes DICE). Then at one point the dreaded CoOp bug hits and puts us on different teams—2v2. Well, I realized this when my team dropped to two and I was shooting at a cluster of FO troops on Starkiller. I landed a few shots before I realized it was Cookie. I immediately stopped firing and threw out an I GIVE UP emote. Cookie comes back with a WASN'T ME. From that point on, on opposite sides we continued the emoting and AVOIDED killing each other. Eventually we landed on the same team again for a bit.

This community can be great sometimes when people give themselves over to just having fun and being a good teammate.

Cheers, Cookie.

That is all.
    Scoundrel out.

Very cool story and your emotes on opposite teams made me roar with laughter.😆 Thank you.
    What console are you two on? I'd be honored to play with you. Feel free to send your gamertags via private message. 👍🏼
    “There is always hope.”
  • Scoundrel wrote: »
    Just wanted to say @Only1CookieMan1 is one hell of a teammate. Played some CoOp on Saturday (I think it was Saturday) anyway Cookie shows up and we play a few rounds, emoting to communicate (we could really use some tactical emotes DICE). Then at one point the dreaded CoOp bug hits and puts us on different teams—2v2. Well, I realized this when my team dropped to two and I was shooting at a cluster of FO troops on Starkiller. I landed a few shots before I realized it was Cookie. I immediately stopped firing and threw out an I GIVE UP emote. Cookie comes back with a WASN'T ME. From that point on, on opposite sides we continued the emoting and AVOIDED killing each other. Eventually we landed on the same team again for a bit.

Cheers, Cookie.

That is all.
    Scoundrel out.

:joy:

Tatooine
    Yavin IV
    Hoth
    Endor
    Death Star II
    Starkiller Base
    Crait

Oh my goodness call me greedy but I love them all, please don't make me pick just one.
    Scoundrel wrote: »

Cheers, Cookie.

That is all.
    Scoundrel out.

Very cool story and your emotes on opposite teams made me roar with laughter.😆 Thank you.
    What console are you two on? I'd be honored to play with you. Feel free to send your gamertags via private message. 👍🏼

I was wondering the same thing, what platform are you guys on? Awesome stuff, by the way, taking the meaning of Co-OP to the next level!

• So, looking at this mod from UninspiredZebra, it seems DICE already has Hero AI up and running for most- if not all- of the Original Trilogy heroes and villains, and even managed to get a game of offline Heroes Vs. Villains up and running.

It's clear to me now that DICE is a lot more capable of programming AI than any of us gave them credit for. I think that once they've finished bringing the Sequel Trilogy and Original Trilogy to Capital Supremacy, Co-op, and Instant Action, they should expand Instant Action to include all the other game modes in Battlefront II.

Starfighter Assault, Galactic Assault, Strike, Extraction, Blast, and Ewok Hunt. I see no reason they couldn't get the AI to play the objective properly in Galactic Assault now, what with all they've accomplished. They may even have it up and running internally as we speak.

Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter

• So, looking at this mod from UninspiredZebra, it seems DICE already has Hero AI up and running for most- if not all- of the Original Trilogy heroes and villains, and even managed to get a game of offline Heroes Vs. Villains up and running.

It's clear to me now that DICE is a lot more capable of programming AI than any of us gave them credit for. I think that once they've finished bringing the Sequel Trilogy and Original Trilogy to Capital Supremacy, Co-op, and Instant Action, they should expand Instant Action to include all the other game modes in Battlefront II.

Starfighter Assault, Galactic Assault, Strike, Extraction, Blast, and Ewok Hunt. I see no reason they couldn't get the AI to play the objective properly in Galactic Assault now, what with all they've accomplished. They may even have it up and running internally as we speak.

Hopefully, we get split screen in at least some of those, especially HvV and hero showdown.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.

Hopefully, we get split screen in at least some of those, especially HvV and hero showdown.

HvV imo wouldn't work for me if it was splitscreen, idk why it's just i don't think it would work well but for Hero Showdown? Yes. Definitely!

Starfighter Assault should be updated for everybody lol. Multiplayer and Single Player. GA would be difficult but not impossible but that's what I think. Strike would be like GA, difficult but not impossible. Blast? Idk I mean Blast you shoot and kill no objective kinda like Arcade (although they could improve the AI), but I can kinda see why other people want it. Ewok Hunt just like SA should be updated for everybody, add new Hunt Modes and rename Ewok Hunt to Hunt, but for Offline? It would be difficult, probably harder than GA I would think but not impossible. It's just whether or not DICE want to add these for Offline...

This is tremendous news, very exciting.
    Starfighter Assault should be updated for everybody lol. Multiplayer and Single Player. GA would be difficult but not impossible but that's what I think. Strike would be like GA, difficult but not impossible. Blast? Idk I mean Blast you shoot and kill no objective kinda like Arcade (although they could improve the AI), but I can kinda see why other people want it. Ewok Hunt just like SA should be updated for everybody, add new Hunt Modes and rename Ewok Hunt to Hunt, but for Offline? It would be difficult, probably harder than GA I would think but not impossible. It's just whether or not DICE want to add these for Offline...
    Strike Offline would rule. Extraction Offline would rule. Starfighter Assault Offline would be a miracle. Galactic Assault Offline...my jaw would drop and I'd freak out. Though we would not likely get the same numbers probably 8 vs 8 but yeah.
    “There is always hope.”
  • Genin
    123 posts Member
    I'd really like to see a coop pve mode for starfighters...
  • Genin wrote: »

Or how about Co-Op Offline were you have a crack squad of 3 A.I. with you. Eeeeeeeepic. 🙌

On the subject of Co-op, has anyone else recently experienced been put in a co-op match on their own with no other players and seen friendly ai spawned heroes? Happened to me last night and ai controlled Rey and Finn joined the fight against the first order enemy team.
  • The last clip of this video shows GA Offline, where bots can activate objectives like the U-Wing Bomb. Also some other unused content too...

• The last clip of this video shows GA Offline, where bots can activate objectives like the U-Wing Bomb. Also some other unused content too...

They work pretty good. It would be a waste to not give us offline GA in my opinion, at least on the maps they work on (those, Mophead mentioned in this video).
  • Starmasui73146
    1655 posts Member
    edited January 19
    Thank you OnlyOneCookieMan1 for posting the video that led me to all this video goodness.👍🏼
    Unused or Cut Content part one
    (1.) 1:17-3:44 Rebel Pilot Reinforcement Class with a droid with shield and special weapon
    (2.) 3:45-6:50 Rebel Honor Guard Class and special weapon 3:45-6:50
    (3.) 6:51-8:39 Arc Trooper with special death ray weapon
    (4.) 8:40-10:25 Officer Bacta Bomb
    (5.) 10:26-13:00 Phasma's Old Abilities

Unused or Cut Content part two
    (6.) Massive unused audio logs.
    00:33 Hero Interactions
    02:59 Reinforcements Battle Dialog
    04:00 Anakin and Darth Tyranus unlock-able voice lines
    04:50 Reinforcement Intro Themes
    07:29 Rey's alpha voice actor
    08:02 Grevious's interactions with Padme etc
    08:59 Co-Op Announcer Team Switch

Unused or Cut Content part three
    (7.) Game Modes and Cut Content
    0:32-2:36 Crait "Heroes vs Villains" (not complete but in the files)
    2:27-3:37 Crait "Strike" (not complete and the announcer says wrong commands but still in there)
    3:39-5:30 Crait "Co-Op" dialog is in the files
    5:31-7:47 Campaign Cut Content/ Kylo Ren, Gleb and Shadow Troopers on planet Pillio
    7:48-10:25 "Blast" on Endor -Fully Offline Original Endor "Ewok Hunt" map "Blast", huge teams, full A.I. in the dark. Freaky, fun and cool.

Text Referances to the following game modes:
    10:26-10:41 "Heroes vs Villains" Naboo Theed Palace

11:24-20:49 "Galactic Assault" on Tatooine - Fully Offline "Galactic Assault" on Tatooine with all A.I. for both sides and A.I. heroes and villains everywhere. 😲 Fully functional. What the?🙃 I don't get it, did I enter the Twilight Zone? Did I get sent into some kind of alternate dimension? 🧐 What the freak? I must have hit my head...yeah that's it oooor wait maybe this is all a dream and I'm going to wake up any second now. 🤔

"Blast" on Endor and "Galactic Assault" on Tatooine- Both footages were, how shall I say it..."That was totally wicked!" 😀🤗🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆

P.S. - I was most excited about:
    1.) full enemy and friendly A.I. teams
    2.) being able to be any hero
    3.) the fact that friendly and enemy A.I. did the Galactic Assault objective
    4.) A.I. being able to be any hero
    5.) A.I. being able to be any villain
    6.) Epic quantiles of heroes and villains on both sides
    7.) The game functioning normal, no bugs, no glitches.
    8.) Enemy A.I. villains and friendly A.I. heroes behaving and working perfect with all abilities
    9.) The fact that "Blast" and "Galactic Assault" was functioning completely Offline.

(8.) Unused or Cut Content part four
    Appearances:
    0:39 Star Tours Imperial Jumptrooper
    1:12 Ds2/ Endor Rebel Officers
    2:15 MP Dressellian alien skin
    3:14 Kylo Ren episode 7 skins
    5:00 Campaign Han beardless skin
    5:45 Alternate Luke "Return of the Jedi" appearance
    6:40 Phase 1, the 87th and 181st markings

(9.) Unused or Cut Content part five
    0:38-1:39 Cross Era Instant Action Hero Options
    Round Length slow/medium/fast
    Battle Points slow/medium/fast
    Enemy Heroes On/Off
    Enemy A.I. Count 0- 32
    Friendly A.I. Count 0-32
    Enable Heroes from Any Era On/Off

1:40-2:14 Deleted Anakin Responses
    2:15-2:37 Old Portraits of the Characters (the alpha, beta and pre-day one patch)

2:38-3:15 Stats Menu:
    Total Kills - all time (example 2,013)
    Games - all time total number of games played (example 118)
    Time Played - the amount of time you played today (example 00:00:52)
    Kill Ratio - In game kill death ratio of wins toady (example 31%)
    Score - total over all accumulated score for all time (example 4,248,109)
    Favorite Weapon - favorite in game weapon
    Most Played - The Hero you used the most in an individual game (example Princess Leia)
    Most Played - The Class you used the most in an individual game. (example Assault)
    Most Played - The Vehicle you used the most in an individual game. (example X-Wing)
    Kills - individual game kills
    Score - individual game score

3:16-3:53
    Booma Grenades were supposed to be used on Naboo by Clones to blow up the MTT
    Jar Jar Binks announcer April Fools joke
    Ewok Bow Ability - found in files

3:54-7:15
    Physics Rag Doll System
    Pause at 4:40...Force Push was a huge complaint by so many of us including me in "Arcade", it was waaaaaaaaaay to weak and players just fell dead and did NOT get pushed barely at all. Why wont DICE fix that? It's soooooooooo
    frustrating to me. I may not like the idea of the force but force pushing a storm trooper 20' off a ledge on Bespin does have it's appeal.

(10.) Unused or Cut Content part six
    Yes there is even more in the files apparently.
    0:00-58:24

1.) Unused emotes for:
    Republic Naval Officer
    Rebel Officer
    Empire Officer
    Resistance Officer
    First Order Officer
    Rebel Specialist
    Empire Specialist
    Resistance Specialist
    First Order Specialist

2.) Unreleased alien emotes
    Abednedo
    Aqualish
    Dressellian
    Mirian
    Nikto
    Rodian
    Sullustan
    Twi'lek
    Weequay
    Quarren
    Zabrak

Totaling at 21 total unused emotes and here they are.

(1.) Band 1 = Cantina band music type #1
    (2.) Band 2 = Cantina band music type #2
    (3.) Band 3 = Cantina band music type #3
    (4.) Dance 1 = dance move #1 for "I'm Han Solo" song
    (5.) Dance 2 = dance move #2 for "I'm Han Solo" song
    (6.) Dance 3 = dance move #3 for "I'm Han Solo" song
    (7.) Dance 4 = dance move #4 for "I'm Han Solo" song
    (8.) "I give up." = hands up but no cringing in this version
    (9.) Laughing = laugh and pointing at you
    (10.) Lazy march = silly marching
    (11.) Lazy march = silly marching humming Luke's theme song
    (12.) Powerful = "Oh know your so powerful," you say cringing, then you stand up right and go, "Not."
    (13.) Taun Taun
    (14.) Droid = The Robot dance
    (15.) Close = "Ohhhh so close."
    (16.) Finally = "Ohwf finally."
    (17.) Gonk = "Gonk, gonk, gonk."
    (18.) No no no = "No, no, noooooo," faded out, "Ahhhhh," sigh.
    (19.) Rude = "How rude."
    (20.) That's how = "Aaaaaah that's how you do it."
    (21.) Take That = "Woo hoo, take that."

“There is always hope.”
  • Genin
    123 posts Member
    Genin wrote: »

Or how about Co-Op Offline were you have a crack squad of 3 A.I. with you. Eeeeeeeepic. 🙌

Yeah also!
  • Only1CookieMan1
    244 posts Member
    edited January 17

IA Cross Era Heroes Should be an Option Already...

• IA Cross Era Heroes Should be an Option Already...

I saw the video, and say that it appeared in the files since the last update ... maybe the devs want to put this option at some point as well as friendly Hero AI and the vehicle ai

I saw the video, and say that it appeared in the files since the last update ... maybe the devs want to put this option at some point as well as friendly Hero AI and the vehicle ai

I Hope So. Don't you think it would be so much more immersive if we saw Friendly Hero AI Anakin or Obi-wan fighting AI Dooku or Grievous? I think it would be awesome! And the Vehicle AI? Just another level of immersion would go up. The Cross Era Heroes though wouldn't bring immersion but it would bring a lot of fun, I just want them to add more options to IA. Old 2005 BF2 (iirc) had way more options then 2017. Not hating on 2017 BF2 or DICE but if a 2005 game can add a lot then a 2017 game should add more than that...

I Hope So. Don't you think it would be so much more immersive if we saw Friendly Hero AI Anakin or Obi-wan fighting AI Dooku or Grievous? I think it would be awesome! And the Vehicle AI? Just another level of immersion would go up. The Cross Era Heroes though wouldn't bring immersion but it would bring a lot of fun, I just want them to add more options to IA. Old 2005 BF2 (iirc) had way more options then 2017. Not hating on 2017 BF2 or DICE but if a 2005 game can add a lot then a 2017 game should add more than that...

I totally agree! It would be a really cool experience to watch Dooku's AI fighting Anakin's AI, all in the same game ... and, in my opinion, they should add all the options available in Arcade for Instant Action, and maybe others that might also be interesting! And who knows more modes, as was shown in a previous video AI added in GA ... all this would help to turn Instant Action into a great and great offline experience