criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Instant Action & PvE Feedback

Replies

• IA Cross Era Heroes Should be an Option Already...

I saw the video, and say that it appeared in the files since the last update ... maybe the devs want to put this option at some point as well as friendly Hero AI and the vehicle ai

I Hope So. Don't you think it would be so much more immersive if we saw Friendly Hero AI Anakin or Obi-wan fighting AI Dooku or Grievous? I think it would be awesome! And the Vehicle AI? Just another level of immersion would go up. The Cross Era Heroes though wouldn't bring immersion but it would bring a lot of fun, I just want them to add more options to IA. Old 2005 BF2 (iirc) had way more options then 2017. Not hating on 2017 BF2 or DICE but if a 2005 game can add a lot then a 2017 game should add more than that...

I totally agree! It would be a really cool experience to watch Dooku's AI fighting Anakin's AI, all in the same game ... and, in my opinion, they should add all the options available in Arcade for Instant Action, and maybe others that might also be interesting! And who knows more modes, as was shown in a previous video AI added in GA ... all this would help to turn Instant Action into a great and great offline experience

I always said Friendly Fire as an option because (1) the old 2005 BF2 had it, (2) there (in a way) would be consequences to throwing a thermal imploder in a hallway with a bunch of AI teammates and (3) it would be an immersive experience, it would really make you feel like you're in a war, AI teammates couldn't kill you but you could kill them (like in 2005 BF2). Of Course this is my opinion and of course it would be an option, so it can toggled on or off...
    Instant Action Saved The Offline Community!!

FRIENDLY FIRE -> ON/Off in IA
  • 5pqkd85gcfiz.jpg

We're still on-track for January's update, everyone!^^

Finally, we'll be able to play as the AT-ST offline on the Ajan Kloss map! I can't wait for them to do Original Trilogy maps; Mos Eisley, Yavin IV, Hoth, maybe Bespin and Vardos as new planets...

Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Three new planets in one update!! This is going to be awesome!!
    Instant Action is on the horizon! Thank you DICE so much for this incredible addition to the game!
  • Imladithil2002
    360 posts Member
    edited January 20
    Ben stated on Reddit, that Vehicle AI and Droideka AI is still being worked on. Manuel Llanes (Design Director; responsable for IA) hinted, that the AI-bug (shooting while being ragdolled) will be fixed with the January Update and that the AI will now be able to melee.
    Three new planets in one update!! This is going to be awesome!!

It's almost as big for Instant Action as its launch update and that's great!
  • All great news! The second best update this game has ever received based on my personal tastes. Still holding out for the Capital ships though.
    Instant Action is on the horizon! Thank you DICE so much for this incredible addition to the game!
  • Ben stated on Reddit, that Vehicle AI and Droideka AI is still being worked on. Manuel Llanes (Design Director; responsable for IA) hinted, that the AI-bug (shooting while being ragdolled) will be fixed with the January Update and that the AI will now be able to melee.

Thank goodness I Hate how you freeze them or push them and they still shoot you. It's hard to get milestones with the Spy because you melee them and they still shoot you. It's hard to get milestones for everybody really.

• Ben stated on Reddit, that Vehicle AI and Droideka AI is still being worked on. Manuel Llanes (Design Director; responsable for IA) hinted, that the AI-bug (shooting while being ragdolled) will be fixed with the January Update and that the AI will now be able to melee.

fantastic. just have to wait.....
  • All great news! The second best update this game has ever received based on my personal tastes. Still holding out for the Capital ships though.

The Capital Ships would make great maps for Instant Action. They could have 3 Command Posts (one on both of the reactor cores and one in the hangar). The same about the Kashyyyk Treetop map, Palace Hangar of Naboo, Kessel, Jabba's Palace and Administrator's Palace.

Thank goodness I Hate how you freeze them or push them and they still shoot you. It's hard to get milestones with the Spy because you melee them and they still shoot you. It's hard to get milestones for everybody really.

That's true.
    Concerning the Spy milestone i recommend you to try it on Takodana, while defending the Castle CP or in the second Phase on Jakku, on the left CP.
  • Oilerfan78 wrote: »
    I understand that Crait and Starkiller Base may not make sense for CS, but it would be great if DICE made IA maps for them so the offline players can still enjoy the large scale maps without having to worry about a ship phase.

YES. especially since starkiller has a coop map
  • Although I have to say: Instant Action will never be real Instant Action as long as it "just" resembles one mode from the game. The great thing in the og series was that you could play anything offline. HvV, Conquest and Starfighter Combat.

For this game I am really wishing for HvV, (maybe an option for complete CS instead of just the ground phase), GA and real STarfighter Assault
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/
  • Starmasui73146
    1799 posts Member
    edited January 21
    Ben stated on Reddit, that Vehicle AI and Droideka AI is still being worked on.

Regarding the A.I. delay...Yeah it's has to be balancing issues. Maybe playing as Clones you lose every time due to A.I. Destroyer (Droideka) Droids and strafing runs and as droids you loss every time due to strafing and enemy heroes A.I.. It seems like balancing it must be a complete freakin' nightmare. I'd probably be pulling my hair out of my head. Honestly I have no idea how to balance that. Unless maybe to regulate the number of a particular class.

I played Rookie "Instant Action" on Naboo as Droids, 3 times and once on Kamino. I lost all 4 times (enemy hero A.I. was on). Ether I'm getting worse at it or the Learning A.I. is getting brilliant. That or my friendly A.I is not playing smart enough against enemy heroes or they wont advance to contribute out of self preservation, due to enemy heroes.

Now imagine factoring in A.I. Clone Starfighters strafing Command Posts. Though I must say having friendly A.I. Destroyer Droids everywhere might have helped out my team a lot.

P.S. - I finally just won on Kamino (with enemy heroes on), dang was that nasty hard. I managed to eek it out just barely 94% to 100%. Soooooo close.
    (1.) The A.I. is really good now and yes they do miss if you strafe, roll or duck behind cover.
    (2.) So happy to see enemy A.I. commandos are firing grenade launchers.
    (3.) Dual teamed wookies are hucking thermal imploders. 👍🏼
    (3.) Enemy A.I. often (near critical strategic moments) keeps an enemy hero near a CP that they would like to hold on too, 👍🏼 while devastating the field with the other hero.
    It's Extremely challenging. 👍🏼
    (4.) Dual Arc Troopers using their charged blast. 👍🏼

Difficult maps with enemy heroes on are: Kamino and Naboo...

My current menu set up.
    A.I. Difficulty: Rookie
    Round Length: Long
    Battle Points: Slow
    Enemy Heroes: On

Without enemy heroes turned on and choosing not to use them myself, I won on Kamino in Rookie something like 100% to 38%. So obviously the enemy hero A.I. is still the driving difference factor.

Manuel Llanes (Design Director; responsable for IA) hinted, that the AI-bug (shooting while being ragdolled) will be fixed with the January Update and that the AI will now be able to melee.
    The rag doll thing, that's good news, I'm glad that's being fixed.

As for melee. Currently at close range, hilariously A.I. literally runs and walks circles around you to avoid being hit; all this while firing at your head. Now we can add to the challenge a melee attack. This is very cool. My goodness so intense.
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • Although I have to say: Instant Action will never be real Instant Action as long as it "just" resembles one mode from the game. The great thing in the og series was that you could play anything offline. HvV, Conquest and Starfighter Combat.

For this game I am really wishing for HvV, (maybe an option for complete CS instead of just the ground phase), GA and real STarfighter Assault

You know, I'm betting when all the Heroes and Villains are done for every era then they'll release it. Someone coded in HvV Offline and that had every era in it and since OT was not finished Palpatine was using one hand and stuff like that. They wouldn't release a mode until it's fully done. So that's what I'm thinking.

• They wouldn't release a mode until it's fully done. So that's what I'm thinking.

... ufff - would not say that after seeing how they released CS...

But I agree with the rest of your arguments here :)
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/
  • They wouldn't release a mode until it's fully done. So that's what I'm thinking.

I mean CS is a little different from HvV, there are more heroes and villains in the OT then there is in any other era, so Only PT and ST for HvV wouldn’t be as fun.

• Starmasui73146
    1799 posts Member
    edited January 22
    Well soon "Instant Action" will get BB-8 😇 and his eeeeeeeeevil counter bla ha ha ha.😈

And here comes 3 new maps too...Yee haw.

(1.) Ajan Kloss - jungle planet
    (2.) Takodana
    (3.) Jakku

Oh yeah and do you realize that thanks to melee the Commando Droid can now use his Vibro Blade? 😀 Yeeeees!

“There is always hope.”
  • I'm thrilled we're getting the 3 St maps for IA. We need Crait and Starkiller Base too. I wonder what parts of the 3 announced maps we'll get. I can see getting all of the Jakku coop map. I'm assuming all of the forest with a CP near Maz's castle for Takodana (Hopefully we can still go inside the castle). I hope we get the cave area in Ajan Kloss. I could see them sticking to the jungle only for that map in IA due to the size and layout. I'd rather they keep the cave area for IA and give some of the jungle if they have to cut any part.

I'd rather they don't cut any part of the map for IA. Based on the CW maps for COOP, they have sections cut out for the IA version of those maps. That's why I could see them cutting the ST maps for IA.

I would love HvV in split screen.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.

I mean CS is a little different from HvV, there are more heroes and villains in the OT then there is in any other era, so Only PT and ST for HvV wouldn’t be as fun.

Yeah I get your point. But why not release it in the state that there are "only" ST and PT heroes playable and then unlock the rest if they are ready. Just like they do with the vehicle AI that is nowhere to be seen (right now)

• Well soon "Instant Action" will get BB-8 😇 and his eeeeeeeeevil counter bla ha ha ha.😈

I can't help myself, haha.
    63u6dxjvmlcs.jpg
    I'm thrilled we're getting the 3 St maps for IA. We need Crait and Starkiller Base too. I wonder what parts of the 3 announced maps we'll get. I can see getting all of the Jakku coop map. I'm assuming all of the forest with a CP near Maz's castle for Takodana (Hopefully we can still go inside the castle). I hope we get the cave area in Ajan Kloss. I could see them sticking to the jungle only for that map in IA due to the size and layout. I'd rather they keep the cave area for IA and give some of the jungle if they have to cut any part.

I'd rather they don't cut any part of the map for IA. Based on the CW maps for COOP, they have sections cut out for the IA version of those maps. That's why I could see them cutting the ST maps for IA.

Well, the thing is, that DICE only gave us the ground phase of CS as maps in IA for the CW era maps, so i'm assuming, they'll do the same with the ST maps. That means, we will have more or less "round" maps with lots of open air for the transport ships to land. So i expect for Jakku the first phase to come to IA/CS, the rest would be cutted. For Takodana it may be the whole map or they cut the castle (hard to say, since Takodana is one of the smallest large-scale maps in the game). Concerning Ajan Kloss, i think the cave will be the cutted part unfortunately, since the cave is quite linear itself and it streches the whole map quite a lot. Without it, Ajan Kloss is a bit more round and more likely to be the IA/CS cutout imo.
  • Well soon "Instant Action" will get BB-8 😇 and his eeeeeeeeevil counter bla ha ha ha.😈

(2.) Takodana
    (3.) Jakku

Oh yeah and do you realize that thanks to melee the Commando Droid can now use his Vibro Blade? 😀 Yeeeees!

Yay! Finally the bots can melee now?! Sweet! It was a little weird to see the commando droid jumping around you lol

• Starmasui73146
    1799 posts Member
    edited January 23
    Well soon "Instant Action" will get BB-8 😇 and his eeeeeeeeevil counter bla ha ha ha.😈

(2.) Takodana
    (3.) Jakku

Yay! Finally the bots can melee now?! Sweet! It was a little weird to see the Commando Droid jumping around you lol.

So he can...
    (1.) Smoke Screen (Left Bumper)
    (2.) Melee - it acts identical to hitting Right Bumper Vibro Sword move. The Vibro Sword move is most effect if hit three times in a row. If A.I. hits melee 3 times fast it is very effective and identical to the right bumper move done 3 times fast. Same same.
    (3.) regular fire (right trigger)

He can't...aaaaaand can it's complicated, lol.

Thermal Vision (left + right bumper) he doesn't show it but it is not needed since the A.I. tracks you any way.
    Even though Thermal Vision for A.I. is really not needed, it still would have been cool to hear him say:
    (1.) "Scanning hostile"
    (2.) "Target locked"
    (3.) "Scanning target"
    (4.) "Acquiring target"
    (5.) "Target acquired"

in "Instant Action" when the A.I. Commando got near. That would be cool.
    “There is always hope.”
  • I'm not really finding Co-Op all that fun due to absurdly broken AI. The AI Heroes have seemingly infinite blocking stamina, only stopping when they feel like it. AI gun fire is super accurate, they can fire when stunned, dodging, rolling and I've stopped a few firing during their cooldown animation.

The AI heroes spawn too frequently, once you kill them it doesn't seem like stay gone for long. I've had a hero at 500-ish health just instant die to a regular AI blaster on multiple occasions now. Their somewhat erratic movements can make them hard to hit with sabers. (all the problems listed make Co-Op super unfun playing as heroes since enemies will roflstomp all over you)

AI heroes also had rediciously accurate blaster deflection and super human senses when it comes to dodging out of hero abilities, which destroy characters like Dooku. And lastly, a general bug not related to co-op but it still affects Co-Op regardless is the broken block while won't actually prevent damage. Can't count now how many times I'[ve been starting a Bot in the face with low health and my block up, only to be killed by said Bots default, non-explosive rifle.

I'm also still noticing issues with ragdoll physics causing rubber-banding. Back to Co-Op, right now it just feel ike 4 players vs. infinite aimbots with permanent buffs.

If the problems with the AI, and other general bugs were fixed the mode would be fine, but it's just all these issues the bots have which are bringing it down.
  • I'm not really finding Co-Op all that fun due to absurdly broken AI. The AI Heroes have seemingly infinite blocking stamina, only stopping when they feel like it. AI gun fire is super accurate, they can fire when stunned, dodging, rolling and I've stopped a few firing during their cooldown animation.

The AI heroes spawn too frequently, once you kill them it doesn't seem like stay gone for long. I've had a hero at 500-ish health just instant die to a regular AI blaster on multiple occasions now. Their somewhat erratic movements can make them hard to hit with sabers. (all the problems listed make Co-Op super unfun playing as heroes since enemies will roflstomp all over you)

AI heroes also had rediciously accurate blaster deflection and super human senses when it comes to dodging out of hero abilities, which destroy characters like Dooku. And lastly, a general bug not related to co-op but it still affects Co-Op regardless is the broken block while won't actually prevent damage. Can't count now how many times I'[ve been starting a Bot in the face with low health and my block up, only to be killed by said Bots default, non-explosive rifle.

I'm also still noticing issues with ragdoll physics causing rubber-banding. Back to Co-Op, right now it just feel ike 4 players vs. infinite aimbots with permanent buffs.

If the problems with the AI, and other general bugs were fixed the mode would be fine, but it's just all these issues the bots have which are bringing it down.

Dice said they programmed the hero Ai to act like a "mini boss". I agree with you, though, they are a bit too perfect and overpowered. Whenever I'm a hero, the enemy Ai soldiers shred me. The hero AI destroys me while I hardly do any damage to it. Yoda, Bossk, and chewbacca are the worst for this.
  • andytheavs wrote: »

63u6dxjvmlcs.jpg

Lol. 😂 DICE has confirmed the update hits January 30th. We are getting a buff for The Destroyer Droid (Droideka) as well.
    “There is always hope.”
  • Starmasui73146
    1799 posts Member
    edited January 24
    I'm not really finding Co-Op all that fun due to absurdly broken AI. The AI Heroes have seemingly infinite blocking stamina, only stopping when they feel like it. AI gun fire is super accurate, they can fire when stunned, dodging, rolling and I've stopped a few firing during their cooldown animation.

AI heroes also had rediciously accurate blaster deflection and super human senses when it comes to dodging out of hero abilities, which destroy characters like Dooku. And lastly, a general bug not related to co-op but it still affects Co-Op regardless is the broken block while won't actually prevent damage. I can not count now how many times I've been staring at a Bot in the face with low health and my block is up, only to be killed by said Bots default, non-explosive rifle.

(1.) I played them on first release before their stamina got a buff they were waaaaaay to easy to drop and not as fun. Now they are more like the films a true threat, I actually like that. So to each his own I guess. How to drop them:
    *aggressive strikes as hero (sneak attack: try sneaking up when their back is turned to inflict quick damage) - use aggressive offensive strikes to finish them off from the front
    *heavy explosive shot at long range
    *vehicles at long range

(2.) The accurate gun fire is to be expected...simple strafing, rolling, ducking behind cover helps you heal up fast.

(3.) Firing while ragdoll is being fixed in this next update.

(4.) A.I. villain/ hero spawn time could use a menu option to select how long before they respawned, this is true.

(5.) The good Learning A.I. is miles better then "Arcade" A.I. which is far to basic. I'll take it over that "Arcade" A.I. any day. Though "Arcade" A.I. is easier to snipe because they stand around more.

(6.) Don't know about the broken block bug.

(7.) The low health glitch is a Frostbite engine glitch going all the way back to the 2015 game. If you had your Personal Shield on and your health is at say 6%, a shot by the enemy A.I.'s E-11 will kill you. This implies that the Shield did not truly absorb ALL the damage...just most of it.

I surmise the exact same thing is likely happening here in this 2017 game. Your block acts just as the shield does, yet the Frostbite engine is still permitting a tiny amount of damage threw.

Yeah old glitch. Maybe it is too imbedded in the game engine to fix.

Having played "Skirmish: Walker Assault" I am used to these things. So deadly accuracy is just something you need to adapt too.

As for "Instant Action" enemy A.I. heroes running at you. Oddly them running towards you being more aggressive was the devs solution to the A.I. being more protective, self preservation. It was somewhat boring so they wanted to forego that by making them aggressive. The trade off is very intense.

So half a dozen one of another.
    “There is always hope.”

63u6dxjvmlcs.jpg

Lol. 😂 DICE has confirmed the update hits January 30th. We are getting a buff for The Destroyer Droid (Droideka) as well.

Do we know if the droids are going to be available in instant action... presumable only on the new maps since they are Sequel Trilogy, I suppose?

63u6dxjvmlcs.jpg

That was about time. If the Trade Federation had the DICE Droidekas, the Saga would have ended with the capitulation of the Trade Federation.
    andytheavs wrote: »

63u6dxjvmlcs.jpg

Do we know if the droids are going to be available in instant action... presumable only on the new maps since they are Sequel Trilogy, I suppose?

Instant Action receives any content Capital Supremacy gets (besides the Capital Ships), so i can't see them not coming to Instant Action and Arcade.

63u6dxjvmlcs.jpg

That was about time. If the Trade Federation had the DICE Droidekas, the Saga would have ended with the capitulation of the Trade Federation.

63u6dxjvmlcs.jpg

Instant Action receives any content Capital Supremacy gets (besides the Capital Ships), so i can't see them not coming to Instant Action and Arcade.

As I said Destroyers are getting a buff but the A.I. Destroyer is coming in February. They are mega close though. 👍🏼
    “There is always hope.”
  • You guys getting stoked for some ST instant action?? I can't wait to cut through some troopers as Rey. I really have enjoyed playing IA in the clone wars, like tremendously. Instant action is becoming what I wanted ever since poppping 05 front into my ps2 back in the day. Loving the large battles played on my terms! Hope you all are having as much fun as me. #SOLOPLAYERSMATTER. Ps hopefully some OT instant action on the horizon
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    You guys getting stoked for some ST instant action?? I can't wait to cut through some troopers as Rey. I really have enjoyed playing IA in the clone wars, like tremendously. Instant action is becoming what I wanted ever since poppping 05 front into my ps2 back in the day. Loving the large battles played on my terms! Hope you all are having as much fun as me. #SOLOPLAYERSMATTER. Ps hopefully some OT instant action on the horizon

I'm more excited to be able to play as the AT-ST offline, at long last. Shame it's only on one map... OT Instant Action maps can't come soon enough. I'm eager to play Mos Eisley, Yavin IV, Hoth, and Endor when that day finally comes.

Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
    You guys getting stoked for some ST Instant Action?? I can't wait to cut through some troopers as Rey. I really have enjoyed playing IA in the clone wars, like tremendously. Instant Action is becoming what I wanted ever since popping 2005's Battlefront into my ps2 back in the day. Loving the large battles played on my terms! Hope you all are having as much fun as me. #SOLOPLAYERSMATTER. P.S.- hopefully some OT Instant Action on the horizon.

Yes...very much so, but even more excited for when we get the A.I. vehicles, A.I. Destroyer Droids. Very glad to be getting Ajann Kloss. I hope they don't make it too restrictive though, we all want access to all the tunnels. I'm also amped that Clone Commandos will finally use the vibro blade at close range, so cool. Finally they will be a viable threat.
    “There is always hope.”
  • Only a few days left now! It's surreal to see just how far things have come since this time last year.
    You guys getting stoked for some ST Instant Action?? I can't wait to cut through some troopers as Rey. I really have enjoyed playing IA in the clone wars, like tremendously. Instant Action is becoming what I wanted ever since popping 2005's Battlefront into my ps2 back in the day. Loving the large battles played on my terms! Hope you all are having as much fun as me. #SOLOPLAYERSMATTER. P.S.- hopefully some OT Instant Action on the horizon.

Yes...very much so, but even more excited for when we get the A.I. vehicles, A.I. Destroyer Droids. Very glad to be getting Ajann Kloss. I hope they don't make it too restrictive though, we all want access to all the tunnels. I'm also amped that Clone Commandos will finally use the vibro blade at close range, so cool. Finally they will be a viable threat.

I hope we get the caves as well. Ajan Kloss is a smaller map, so hopefully, they can at least put some of the cave system playable in Instant Action. I mean, Kashykk is one of the larger maps, so it can be done.
    You guys getting stoked for some ST instant action?? I can't wait to cut through some troopers as Rey. I really have enjoyed playing IA in the clone wars, like tremendously. Instant action is becoming what I wanted ever since poppping 05 front into my ps2 back in the day. Loving the large battles played on my terms! Hope you all are having as much fun as me. #SOLOPLAYERSMATTER. Ps hopefully some OT instant action on the horizon

I'm more excited to be able to play as the AT-ST offline, at long last. Shame it's only on one map... OT Instant Action maps can't come soon enough. I'm eager to play Mos Eisley, Yavin IV, Hoth, and Endor when that day finally comes.

Hopefully, Crait and Starkiller base come as well. You can't tell me the /First and Second phase/H vs. V Starkiller base would not work for Capital supremacy/Instant Action. There are many areas where cp's could be put as well as vehicle play.

Crait outdoors could be modified the same way.
  • It'd be heartbreaking if Crait and Starkiller were left out.
  • It'd be heartbreaking if Crait and Starkiller were left out.

Crait is likely a pain in the you know what. All those cracks in the ground the A.I. must be confused a tad. If they pull it off I will be annihilated. As for Starkiller base, I'm not sure. Maybe the A.I. struggles with multi-leveled stairs (shrug)...who knows.
    “There is always hope.”
  • They could block off the underground tunnels on Crait and put Tie fighter or ski speeder debris to shelter command posts. It's a question of whether DICE wants to put in the work. It is do-able.
  • Imladithil2002
    360 posts Member
    edited January 26
    Oilerfan78 wrote: »
    They could block off the underground tunnels on Crait and put Tie fighter or ski speeder debris to shelter command posts. It's a question of whether DICE wants to put in the work. It is do-able.

I think blocking off the tunnels would be exactly, what they shouldn't do, since it makes Crait unique. Some time ago i posted an idea, how CS/IA/Coop could work on Crait and in my point of view it would be good, to set most of the CPs (3 for CS/IA, parts of the first 2 phases for Coop) underground.
    I agree with the crashed speeders and environmental (TIE) clutters but i would add a few downed AT-M6s (perhaps one could surround a CP, simular to the middle CP on Kamino) or even the big FO Cannon from Episode 8.
    Yes, it's doable and i really hope, DICE is going to make it happen. Actually they could hit 2 birds with 1 stone, since they could use a modified Crait map not only for CS, IA and Coop but for HvV and Hero Showdown as well.
    They could block off the underground tunnels on Crait and put Tie fighter or ski speeder debris to shelter command posts. It's a question of whether DICE wants to put in the work. It is do-able.

I think blocking off the tunnels would be exactly, what they shouldn't do, since it makes Crait unique. Some time ago i posted an idea, how CS/IA/Coop could work on Crait and in my point of view it would be good, to set most of the CPs (3 for CS/IA, parts of the first 2 phases for Coop) underground.
    I agree with the crashed speeders and environmental (TIE) clutters but i would add a few downed AT-M6s (perhaps one could surround a CP, simular to the middle CP on Kamino) or even the big FO Cannon from Episode 8.
    Yes, it's doable and i really hope, DICE is going to make it happen. Actually they could hit 2 birds with 1 stone, since they could use a modified Crait map not only for CS, IA and Coop but for HvV and Hero Showdown as well.

I agree about the underground tunnels, as I like them too. I'm thinking about what would be easier for DICE to implement? You know when the OT comes, we are going to have the same problem with Death Star 2 for CS/IA. I love the DS2 map, but never get a chance to play on it. The only way it can work is what I suggested they do for Starkiller Base: Have a ground phase and then transition to a Starfighter phase when the rebels have to destroy a target on the outside of the base like turrets or a weak spot. If the First Order win the ground phase, they have to assault a rebel ship, like Starfighter Assault.

The Death Star 2 could work the same way: Have rebels shoot out targets on the surface of DS2, like in SWBF1 DS DLC, while stormtroopers could attack a few strong corvettes or Star cruiser ship, then transition to the ground phase inside the DS2. The enemy ships would have to defend on the Starfighter assault phase.

What's likely to happen, we don't get Starkiller Base, Crait for IA/CS.

OT CS/IA maps will be Tatooine, Hoth, Yavin, Endor (no Bespin, Jabba's palace or Death Star 2 maps)

After those release, DICE call it a day on SWBF2. It's sad after all the redemption, goodwill and success the game now has, EA won't make the Developer team larger.

Lovin' all your thoughts great ideas. 😎👍🏼

I agree about the underground tunnels, as I like them too. I'm thinking about what would be easier for DICE to implement? You know when the OT comes, we are going to have the same problem with Death Star 2 for CS/IA. I love the DS2 map, but never get a chance to play on it. The only way it can work is what I suggested they do for Starkiller Base: Have a ground phase and then transition to a Starfighter phase when the rebels have to destroy a target on the outside of the base like turrets or a weak spot. If the First Order wins the ground phase, they have to assault a rebel ship, like Starfighter Assault.

The Death Star 2 could work the same way: Have rebels shoot out targets on the surface of DS2, like in SWBF1 DS DLC, while stormtroopers could attack a few strong corvettes or Star cruiser ship, then transition to the ground phase inside the DS2. The enemy ships would have to defend on the Starfighter assault phase.
    Interesting.

What's likely to happen, we don't get Starkiller Base, Crait for IA/CS.

OT CS/IA maps will be Tatooine, Hoth, Yavin, Endor (no Bespin, Jabba's palace or Death Star 2 maps)

After those releases, DICE calls it a day on SWBF2. It's sad after all the redemption, goodwill and success the game now has, EA won't make the Developer team larger.
    Well I'm not give in to skepticism just yet, DICE has gone full steam ahead for some time now, short on staff or not. Plus their game rating is the best it's ever been and every new edition only raises that rating higher. Well done devs, well done.
    “There is always hope.”
  • Seriously, to me, they should:
    - tidy up the clutter, meaning we now have two seperate offline tiles, make it one: Instant Action. And give the scenarios we have simply as gamemode option. E.g. play Conquest || Scenario || ...
    - Introduce new modes to Instant Action. It is what made the original offline experience so much fun. Give us HvV, Blast, ... to letg us play these offline.

I agree about the underground tunnels, as I like them too. I'm thinking about what would be easier for DICE to implement?

I think, it would be easier to make some CPs underground. The more CPs on the surface, the more clutter, the devs have to create for cover.
    The only way it can work is what I suggested they do for Starkiller Base: Have a ground phase and then transition to a Starfighter phase when the rebels have to destroy a target on the outside of the base like turrets or a weak spot. If the First Order win the ground phase, they have to assault a rebel ship, like Starfighter Assault.

Good idea! Actually i'd like to see them making a different second phase in CS for every era and this would be a chance to give us some requested starfighter content. But to be honest, i don't see that coming, since there were a lot of people upset when the Battle Station and Infiltration modes came to SWBF2015, because they felt "forced to play with starfighters".
    - tidy up the clutter, meaning we now have two seperate offline tiles, make it one: Instant Action. And give the scenarios we have simply as gamemode option. E.g. play Conquest || Scenario || ...
    - Introduce new modes to Instant Action. It is what made the original offline experience so much fun. Give us HvV, Blast, ... to letg us play these offline.

I would absolutely love to see something like that. As someone else wrote in another thread: Arcade is one of the remaining relicts from the dark times and deserves a complete overhaul.
    They should basically bring every small map to Instant Action (from Arcade, HvV, Strike and Extraction as well as the CS Capital Ships) and put the IA AI on it. Then they should give us some alternate objectives (Strike, Extraction, Cargo (?) HvV, Conquest with 3 CPs) on the respective maps, playable in splitscreen. And of course i'd like to keep the Arcade options in this IA addition.
  • ohrloi5p3xjg.jpg

I've been looking forward to this

:open_mouth:

Split screen HvV in Instant Action would be awesome.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.