criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Instant Action & PvE Feedback

Replies

• I would like to have the Crait map in instant action, i love it, but can only play it in GA and when it appears.
  • Kylo appears to be using his "Supreme Leader" skin in Instant Action (on Ajan Kloss at least).
  • hey if anyone sees any ai droidekas let me know. i was playing instant action just to see them in their glory. couldnt find any.... was on naboo then kamino for ia.
  • Imladithil2002
    381 posts Member
    edited February 3
    Things i noticed after playing the new Update:

- you can play as AT-STs and LIUVs as the Resistance on Ajan Kloss in Coop and IA
    - AI is now really annoying for lightsaber heroes, because they won't stop meleeing you, as long as you are near them, dealing lots of damage to you
    - funny moment in IA, when a FO Heavy and a Resistance Ovissian Gunner meleeing each other to death (i was stand beside them, emoting on them as Kylo Ren)
    - i didn't see any AI Droidekas (neither in Coop nor in IA) and i could find any AI Commando Droids as well
    - i feel like, the AI is shooting more precisely at you or dealing more damage per shot (i'm just dying a lot faster than before the Update)
    - AI can't shoot, while ragdolled or freezed most of the time; if they do, then they don't aim at you but shoot randomly around themselves
    - Darth Vader still has his damage reduction, while choking

Edit:
    - Hero announe voice lines are randomly using the wrong language (at least for me; don't know, if the devs can do anything)
    - Coop Resistance announcer is happy, that we will receive more allies for defending Takodana... after defeating the Seperatists (who still don't have the money to buy Droidekas or Commando Droids) on Geonosis!
    Post edited by Imladithil2002 on
  • The new update is great! I love playing BB9E in IA.

That said, the droideka AI is nowhere to be found.
  • I love how challenging the new Hero AI is btw. They were so weak and boring to fight before and now I actually have to use my brain to outsmart and overcome them. Well done so far, DICE!
  • I’m getting mixed messages here. Some saying it is terrible and others are saying that it’s great, so be honest how is the new AI and Maps for IA?
    Instant Action Saved The Offline Community!!

FRIENDLY FIRE -> ON/Off in IA

Do you think BF2 needs a new and improved UI? Then check this out!
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/8lq96Q
  • I’m getting mixed messages here. Some saying it is terrible and others are saying that it’s great, so be honest how is the new AI and Maps for IA?

The AI seems even smarter than it was before. I have only played Takodana and Ajan Kloss so far, but I love them both.

new maps are always great. really not liking ai melee as lightsabers. id side more along its okay. disappointed i havent seen the ai droidekas and wish we had news if we would get crait and starkiller. the bb droids seem eh. need to try this stuff more later. glad to get the new era to ia.
  • first order seemed kinda tough to face too. but yeah felt like it had become more difficult in general. really only explored and need to play play later
  • I've not seen any Droideka AI either.

I've seen plenty of Commando Droids though, but I've only played Geonosis so far.
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

Instant Action confirmed!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^

• Things i noticed after playing the new Update:

- you can play as AT-STs and LIUVs as the Resistance on Ajan Kloss in Coop and IA

I believe this is intentional and not a bug. When you select it, it says "Stolen AT-ST". I think its great and makes enough sense, but ultimately it's for balance.
  • Things i noticed after playing the new Update:

I believe this is intentional and not a bug. When you select it, it says "Stolen AT-ST". I think its great and makes enough sense, but ultimately it's for balance.

They should’ve added like paint to it or something for it to stand out like a rebel sign on the side or painted the whole thing, but just some ideas.

• Has someone played IA today?
    Have you noticed some changes?
    Instant Action - Thank you Dice!
  • Gothic_Mando
    2028 posts Member
    edited February 3
    Has someone played IA today?

- AI mêlée now. A lot. Some believe too much, they find it frustrating to be a lightsaber Hero. But I've been enjoying seeing my fellow troopers stand a better chance against Rey, instead of just getting steamrolled.

- The AI Heroes seem a tad easier, though not too easy in my experience, if takes a modicum of skill and quick reflexes to beat them, so I like that too.

- No Droideka AI to be seen unfortunately, everyone's saying that.

- Dunno if it's just me, but the long duration option now seems to make matches last quite a bit longer than before.

- Sequel Trilogy vehicles can only be used in IA on Ajan Kloss, you can use the LIUV speeder and AT-ST for the First Order. Haven't played as the Resistance.

- AI seem less accurate now, I'm fine with this too so far.

- AI do also use the BB units. Don't think they use them particularly well, but they're there.

- AI ST Heroes use lore-accurate skins per planet. Nice touch.

ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^

• Sooooo excited for Scarif!!

Not seen confirmation of OT coming to Instant Action too yet, but i guess it will later, as ST will.

Make sure you guys all do the survey too, to request which planets you want for Original Trilogy!^^

Well, they said Supremacy for the Original Trilogy will take place entirely on the ground... in other words, exactly what we have in Instant Action right now. So when they say it will be coming to "Supremacy" they are likely referring to Instant Action as well.

There's also the possibility that Instant Action could be expanded in the future to include more than just Supremacy. Galactic Assault and Starfighter Assault have been the most requested, but then there's Heroes Vs. Villains, Hero Showdown, Hero Starfighters, Strike, Ewok Hunt, and Extraction.

A while ago AI for some GA has been datamined, most likely for test purposes but we know it works, at least on non AT-AT/MTT/AT-M6 maps. That means it's quite possible to get GA for IA, at least on the mentioned maps. Nevertheless the AI may need some work for this mode.
    Concerning SA, i don't know, how much the AI plays the objective, so it's a possible IA mode as well. The problem is, that the AI desperately needs an overhaul and that doesn't seem very likely to happen in the forseeable future.
    In my point of view it would be a waste of the great AI to not bring HvV offline and since UninspiredZebra we know, it's possible. I don't know how much is required to make this happen but it's relatively likely to come, once every hero has its own AI.
    Hero Showdown, Hero Starfighter, Strike, Extraction and Ewok Hunt are pretty unlikely to come in my opinion, since they aren't as much requested as the other modes.

I would love HvV to come to Instant Action because it should have no trouble in split screen. GA would be awesome too because I think it would be easier to get GA in split screen.

I agree. HvV Should come to IA, there’s no reason why it shouldn’t. And if it will be split screen then that’s only 6 other bots the game would be running, so any device could run it, PC or Console. Although I think it Should come when the OT trilogy comes to IA, it would be kinda boring if your only playing against The ST and The PT Heroes don’t you think? It would get old imho. GA on the other hand would be AWESOME in IA and Offline, ‘cause everybody would be playing the objective! :lol::joy:

HvV would also be on smaller maps so it would be and awesome mode to have split screen and hero AI in the same mode. I would be cool with starting with pt and st and have ot later because we would still have most of the saber characters. I would also love ga because it would add objectives.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.

I’ve been playing Co-Op. The Hero AI is pretty good except BB-8 and BB-9E are a little buggy like the AI is still learning how to use them! And the enemy AI melees you when your a lightsaber hero, and it’s really annoying because you stagger I think even when your blocking. I haven’t seen any Droidekas yet.

• Sooooo excited for Scarif!!

Not seen confirmation of OT coming to Instant Action too yet, but i guess it will later, as ST will.

Make sure you guys all do the survey too, to request which planets you want for Original Trilogy!^^

Well, they said Supremacy for the Original Trilogy will take place entirely on the ground... in other words, exactly what we have in Instant Action right now. So when they say it will be coming to "Supremacy" they are likely referring to Instant Action as well.

There's also the possibility that Instant Action could be expanded in the future to include more than just Supremacy. Galactic Assault and Starfighter Assault have been the most requested, but then there's Heroes Vs. Villains, Hero Showdown, Hero Starfighters, Strike, Ewok Hunt, and Extraction.

A while ago AI for some GA has been datamined, most likely for test purposes but we know it works, at least on non AT-AT/MTT/AT-M6 maps. That means it's quite possible to get GA for IA, at least on the mentioned maps. Nevertheless the AI may need some work for this mode.
    Concerning SA, i don't know, how much the AI plays the objective, so it's a possible IA mode as well. The problem is, that the AI desperately needs an overhaul and that doesn't seem very likely to happen in the forseeable future.
    In my point of view it would be a waste of the great AI to not bring HvV offline and since UninspiredZebra we know, it's possible. I don't know how much is required to make this happen but it's relatively likely to come, once every hero has its own AI.
    Hero Showdown, Hero Starfighter, Strike, Extraction and Ewok Hunt are pretty unlikely to come in my opinion, since they aren't as much requested as the other modes.

I would love HvV to come to Instant Action because it should have no trouble in split screen. GA would be awesome too because I think it would be easier to get GA in split screen.

I agree. HvV Should come to IA, there’s no reason why it shouldn’t. And if it will be split screen then that’s only 6 other bots the game would be running, so any device could run it, PC or Console. Although I think it Should come when the OT trilogy comes to IA, it would be kinda boring if your only playing against The ST and The PT Heroes don’t you think? It would get old imho. GA on the other hand would be AWESOME in IA and Offline, ‘cause everybody would be playing the objective! :lol::joy:

HvV would also be on smaller maps so it would be and awesome mode to have split screen and hero AI in the same mode. I would be cool with starting with pt and st and have ot later because we would still have most of the saber characters. I would also love ga because it would add objectives.

That’s why I want GA for offline. Objectives. Seeing an AI pick up an Ion Disruptor and running to The Tank and having it’s AI brothers and sisters guarding it and protecting it would be awesome!! Or like in Strike, having it pick up the objective and running to the ship would so COOL!!

- AI mêlée now. A lot. Some believe too much, they find it frustrating to be a lightsaber Hero. But I've been enjoying seeing my fellow troopers stand a better chance against Rey, instead of just getting steamrolled.

- The AI Heroes seem a tad easier, though not too easy in my experience, if takes a modicum of skill and quick reflexes to beat them, so I like that too.

- Dunno if it's just me, but the long duration option now seems to make matches last quite a bit longer than before.

- Sequel Trilogy vehicles can only be used in IA on Ajan Kloss, you can use the LIUV speeder and AT-ST for the First Order. Haven't played as the Resistance.

- AI do also use the BB units. Don't think they use them particularly well, but they're there.

Thank you!
    Matches usually last 27-34 minutes on long duration so It will be interesting to see what has changed now.
    Can AI still shoot even if they are blocked or pushed back?
    Can't wait to play both IA and Co-Op.

Thank you!
    Matches usually last 27-34 minutes on long duration so It will be interesting to see what has changed now.
    Can AI still shoot even if they are blocked or pushed back?
    Can't wait to play both IA and Co-Op.

I saw them shooting while being ragdolled but it's very very rarely and when they do it, they shoot just randomly around themselves. But most of the time, they don't shoot, when they shouldn't.
  • Omg FO ship interiors are truely beautiful. Same for Resistance.
    Dice must add them to IA or at least Co-Op.
    We can't lose them.
  • Oilerfan78
    318 posts Member
    edited February 4
    I've played several Instant Action matches on the 3 new maps as both resistance and First order. Here are my impressions:

First off all, I thought droidekas were coming. I have yet to see one after trying out a bunch of clone wars maps. This is what I mean about DICE's wording on these Community transmissions. It was even in the patch notes.

Ajan Kloss: Perfect size and layout for the map. Some parts in caves and hits many of the important parts of the map. I've tried this map a lot on Coop, and it seems they added a bunch of details like turrets, cargo boxes and areas that were not really there. AI is not as melee friendly as stated. Fighting against a sith trooper is tough, as is fighting against the jet trooper. Tried the vehicles, LIUV not as powerful as I initially thought. Same powers as a speeder. I really wish there could be more AI on the maps. AI is quite tough and adept at capturing command points. Awesome experience

Jakku: So many nooks and crannies, easy to get lost. Includes most of COOP/Galactic Supremacy map. Fairly challenging map. Again, would benefit from more AI. No vehicles.

Takodana: Very cool map. Maz's castle is completely out of bounds. Too bad, as it would be cool to battle inside. Decently populated map, again with small parts not seen in the COOP map. Again, no vehicles.

BB8/BB9E: not bad playing with them. Have not encountered any AI yet that use these. Could have missed them. Decent power. Did not overpower AI using these units. Similar to a reinforcement.
    Post edited by Oilerfan78 on
  • First_Order_of_Pizza
    240 posts Member
    edited February 4
    Things i noticed after playing the new Update:

They should’ve added like paint to it or something for it to stand out like a rebel sign on the side or painted the whole thing, but just some ideas.

I agree. Would make them feel more unique to the resistance. DICE devs, if you are reading this, please pass this idea along to whoever can implement it into the game. Custom resistance faction paint jobs for the stolen AT-STs and even LIUVs would be great.
  • Played the new update, didn't play an prequel last night so cant confirm if the droidekas are in but played the new era. Was really impressed. At least for me in instant action the 'action' felt pretty packed all the time. I only had one command post on Ajan Kloss I got away uncontested with not enemies or friendly AI near me. They said they are tuning down the AI doing melee as well but it was cool to them them be able to do that now. Then the enemy heroes, they are really awesome now, they see me and actively try to chase me down and usually succeed.

Still looking forward to vehicles one, it will really seal the mode to completion. I'm hoping after OT comes next month the focus goes to additional maps and game mode features to make it more full. Its been a great start so far and a lot of fun.
  • They are "nerfing" the AI melee attack. That's great.
    And they are also discussing about adding capital ships to IA and Co-Op.
    Fingers crossed.

I tried out Coop again after the server-sided melee patch and i think it's perfect now. They are still meleeing you but not every time and if they do, they are beating you 3 or 4 times and not infinetely.

The Capital Ships would be great for both, IA and Coop and imo they should be the next big addition after the OT era maps.
    Fingers crossed.

I tried out Coop again after the server-sided melee patch and i think it's perfect now. They are still meleeing you but not every time and if they do, they are beating you 3 or 4 times and not infinetely.

The Capital Ships would be great for both, IA and Coop and imo they should be the next big addition after the OT era maps.

yea I've noticed that they don't melee you as much as they did yesterday. Did they do a patch or something?

Fingers crossed.

yea I've noticed that they don't melee you as much as they did yesterday. Did they do a patch or something?

Yes, but only server-sided, so it affects only Coop but Instant Action is the same as yesterday.
  • A little off topic but while I was playing Co-Op on Jakku Hux or whoever he is, said that a “Knight of Ren” has joined the battle. Does that mean we will get a Knight of Ren reinforcement?

• A little off topic but while I was playing Co-Op on Jakku Hux or whoever he is, said that a “Knight of Ren” has joined the battle. Does that mean we will get a Knight of Ren reinforcement?

i think he just means kylo.
  • Just a quick update, I don't know if it's a server side update, but I saw droidekas in CW maps in Instant Action (at least in Kamino and Geonosis). They are rare to see and keep transforming back and forth between ball and unfurled form, like the AI is unsure of what to do. They usually appeared halfway into a match. I hesitated killing them since I've wanted to battle them for so long. Also, AI melee frequency has been reduced.
  • Still have not encountered an AI played BB8 or BB9E unit.

i think he just means kylo.

Definitely means Kylo 😂
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

• Oilerfan78 wrote: »
    Still have not encountered an AI played BB8 or BB9E unit.

Well they're quite small so easy to miss..low health too, so I guess toy were just unlucky ? I've seen them several times in both IA and Co-op
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

• Still feels surreal that we even have instant action lol, I'm loving this game.

2 things I'd still like to see added to instant action though, the ability to alter player/ai health (like in arcade) and a time of day selection.

• I just found this one. Look how perfectly this works. Personally i would cut the third phase and put the last CP under those big stairs on the entrances but this is great.

Well maybe this post I posted will answer your question. It's a days worth of writing, editing, sweat and hard work, I hope you all appreciate it.
    BB-8 Update Quality Assurance Annalyzes (Tues Feb 4th, 2020)

Content:
    Review of the following Clone Wars maps:
    Felucia
    Geonosis
    Kamino
    Kashyyyk
    Naboo
    Review of the following Sequel Trilogy maps:
    Ajann Kloss
    Jakku
    Takodana

Introduction
    Okay first of DICE on behalf of the "true" fans of this game, I'd just like to say we appreciate you and thank you for all your hard work and effort. This review is meant to be honest, unbiased and straight forward; with the full intent to help you perfect "Instant Action" for Offline. Now with that out of the way lets get going.

Well I was eager to do battle against Destroyer droid A.I. in "Instant Action", so I dove right in.

This was my Instant Action" Set-up...
    Difficulty: Rookie
    Round Length: Long
    Battle Points: Slow
    Enemy Heroes: On

All Clone Wars Maps

as clones

1.) Geonosis map on "Instant Action" (as Clones):

Match #1 (Tues Feb 4th)
    There are glitches
    a.) at our victory I got the Resistance announcer saying, "Takodana is safe we are going to need a whole lot of supporters to win this fight. We're gonna need them to win this war." - We are clones not the Resistance, wrong era.
    b.) There is zero enemy A.I. Destroyer Droids on the map.

Match #2 (Tues Feb 4th)
    Victory, once I got the AT-RT I was able to dominate.

There are glitches
    at our victory I got the Resistance announcer saying, "Takodana is safe we are going to need a whole lot of supporters to win this fight. We're gonna need them to win this war." - We are clones not the Resistance, wrong era.

Good news...
    Saw actually two Destroyers at once. Then saw one latter and then another latter and another latter.. For a grand totally of five sitings. They did manage to eliminate some clone troops.

The bad news..
    a.) The Destroyer (Droideka) tend to stop but many times fail to activate the shield.
    b.) Then when the shield is activated they shut it off immediately and start firing.
    c.) They tend to stay stationary in one spot to long, going from shooting to roll mode but not moving, sometimes shields...sometimes not.
    d.) They seem to like shooting at a distance and not closing in on their prey.
    e.) They do not seem to be using the "Overload" ability ether.
    f.) Oddly also the Destroyers seem to be afflicting very minor trivial damage. I played as an AT-RT and stood there in front of it (to help the learning A.I. learn how to use The Destroyer) for what seemed like two minutes and it finally blew me up, it took an eternity.

(2.) Kamino map on "Instant Action"(as clones):

Match #1 (Tues Feb 4th)
    There are glitches
    a.) at our victory I got the Resistance announcer saying, "There the First Order is pulling out and the planet is ours. Well fought everyone." - We are clones not the Resistance, wrong era.

Match #2 (Tues Feb 4th)
    Saw four destroyers in the match.
    a.) at our victory I got no announcer at all.
    b.) Destroyer (Droideka) target lock is out of sink - it fires up to the Left, up to the right and down...rarely straight at you. Definitely needs a fix. No wonder it is not getting a lot of kills.

(3.) Kashyyyk map on "Instant Action"(as clones):

Match #1 (Tues Feb 4th)
    There are glitches
    a.) at our victory I got no announcer saying anything. If the announcer is talking about a capture of a CP, just as we reach 100%, he will not give the end announcement.

Match #2 (Tues Feb 4th)
    Victory, once I got the AT-RT we started to dominate.

Positive:
    a.) Saw a single Destroyer (Droideka) at least 9 times.
    b.) Finally, first time ever, a Destroyer got up close, closing the gap to shoot at close range.
    c.) Commando Droid took out the AT-RT with a three vibro blade strikes after my health was low.
    d.) Darth Maul took out the AT-RT with several saber strikes and spin moves

Negative:
    a.) Destroyer droid not using "Overload."
    b.) Destroyer aim erratic and rarely hitting it's target.
    c.) Destroyer shield going on and off issues

(4.) Naboo map on "Instant Action" (as clones):

Match #1 (Tues Feb 4th)
    There are glitches
    There is zero enemy A.I. Destroyer Droids on the map.
    At least upon victory (on this one) we got the right ending announcer.

Match #2 (Tues Feb 4th)
    Three sitings of a single Destroyer.
    A Destroyer (Droideka) finally used "Overload" (I was soooo relieved). It used it in a broadside to my TX-130, Saber Tank...that's a good thing. I intentionally turned away to let it shot me. I am hoping I can train the Learning A.I. Destroyer Droid how to kill more efficiently, right now they have major issues.

There are glitches
    Destroyer still really struggling to kill humans. I had to just stand there not firing for it to kill me dead. Again I think it's an aiming out of kilter thing.
    No ending announcer.

(5.) Felucia map on "Instant Action" (as clones):

Match #1 (Tues Feb 4th)
    There are glitches
    a.) at our defeat I got no end announcer saying anything. If the announcer is talking about a capture of a CP, just as we reach 100%, he will not give the end announcement.
    c.) If an AT-RT jumps down from a cliff to a lower level he winds up walking from then on at a diagonal angle.
    d.) Upon taking max damage and healing with the AT-RT, the warning beep refused to stop even though my AT-RT was healed.

Match #2 (Tues Feb 4th)
    At our defeat I got the correct announcer.
    Saw a single Destroyer (Droideka) four times. Intentionally let the Learning A.I. Destroyer shoot down and slay Anakin for training. There is a tiny bit of improvement in it's shooting but it's still way off the mark.

All Clone Wars Maps

as droids

(1.) Geonosis map on "Instant Action" (as droids):

Match #1 (Tues Feb 4th)
    (enemy A.I. heroes seen Anakin Skywalker, Obi Wan and Yoda)
    There are glitches
    a.) at our victory I got the First Order announcer saying,"Well done we've taken Takodana. I want a search part to search that castle. I have a feeling we might find something valuable." - We are droids not the First Order, wrong era, wrong planet.
    b.) There is zero friendly A.I. Destroyer Droids on the map.

Match #2 (Tues Feb 4th)
    I think I might have heard a Destroyer in the distance maybe.
    However, good news, upon defeat 25% to 100% the droid announcer was the correct one.

(2.) Kamino map on "Instant Action" (as droids):

Match #1 (Tues Feb 4th)
    There is a glitch
    However, good news, upon defeat 93% to 100% the droid announcer was the correct one.

Match #2 (Tues Feb 4th)
    There is a glitch
    However, good news, upon defeat 53% to 100% the droid announcer was the correct one.

(3.) Kashyyyk map on "Instant Action" (as droids):
    (enemy A.I. heroes seen Chewbacca and Yoda)

Match #1 (Tues Feb 4th)
    Well at the very last 4 seconds of the match, an A.I. spawned in as a Destroyer (Droideka) Droid. It popped into the stance but accidentally shut off it's shield.
    It then went into roll position staying stationary. It then went back to stance, put shields up and fired upon an enemy clone. At that...time was up, game over.
    It's the first Destroyer I've seen in eight matches. But Destroyer (Droideka) Droids are rare. When I saw one I was so excited I wanted to chase it around.

Keep in mind all match #1s were early in the day and all the match #2s were latter in the day. Which is why match #2 has all the Destroyer (Droideka) sitings. It got fixed I guess.

On a good note, the droid announcer upon 43% to 100% defeat was the correct one.

Match #2 (Tues Feb 4th)
    (enemy A.I. heroes seen Chewbacca and Yoda)
    Saw one destroyer again. But I only saw one destroyer the whole match, never two or three besides me. I followed it around. It functioned great but seemed preoccupied with enemy forces on the way to the objective, instead of the objective itself. I never once saw it defending a CP, nor did I see it capture any CPs. I never considered the possibility of a lose with friendly Destroyers on my side. It just seemed inconceivable to me. I figured being computers and all they'd be H*** bent on the objective, especially as fast as they are and all.
    On a good note, the droid announcer upon 33% to 100% defeat was the correct one.

(4.) Naboo map on "Instant Action" (as droids):

Match #1 (Tues Feb 4th)
    (enemy A.I. heroes seen Obi Wan and Anakin Skywalker)
    There is a glitch
    There is zero friendly A.I. Destroyer Droids on the map.
    At least upon defeat (on this one) we got the right ending announcer.

Match #2 (Tues Feb 4th)
    There is a glitch
    There is zero friendly A.I. Destroyer Droids on the map.
    At least upon victory 100% to 64% (on this one) we got the right ending announcer.

(5.) Felucia map on "Instant Action" (as droids):

Match #1 (Tues Feb 4th)
    There is a glitch.
    a.) at our defeat I got no end announcer saying anything. If the announcer is talking about a capture of a CP, just as we reach 100%, he will not give the end announcement.

Match #2 (Tues Feb 4th)
    There is a glitch.
    a.) Victory the final score was 100% to 43% I got no end announcer saying anything. If the announcer is talking about a capture of a CP, just as we reach 100%, he will not give the end announcement.

I was very excited to try the sequel maps in "Instant Action" as well.

All Sequel Trilogy Maps

Played as Resistance on:
    (1.) Takodana map on "Instant Action" (as Resistance):

Match #1 (Tues Feb 4th)
    (enemy A.I. villains seen Kylo Ren, BB-9E and Cpt Phasma)
    Defeat, the final score was my team 8% Resistance and 100% enemy First Order.
    We lost really badly. I used: (1.) Heavy Class (2.) the Ovissian Gunner (3.) Caphex Spy. We could not maintain holding three CPs to save our lives. We just got crushed. At one point the enemy had 4 out of 5 CPs. BB-9E was a real problem, it took CPs very quickly as expected. Did manage to kill BB-9E when it went stationary, it was a lucky Air Strike at one CP it was defending. But over all the Caphex Spy nerf is so awful that now the Airstrike is near useless because the damage circle is too small; most enemies just easily evade it. This renders the major ability of the Caphex Spy all but useless. He needs to be returned back to the way he was.

Also the friendly A.I. at times on Takodana just seemed to hang on the outskirts of Takodana's CPs targeting enemies when the higher priority was to capture the CP. Several critical moments the CP was left untaken because they are not standing near it. Friendly A.I. needs to recognize the high priority level of CPs. There are 5 CPs,
    we have 12 A.I. + 1 "me" = 13 there should be:
    2 to one CP to capture (after capturing defend it from near by)
    2 to defend our captured CP (defend within the circle)
    1 = me (the wild card) to turn the tide
    At no point in time should we see a CP we had and the friendly A.I. near by ignoring that said CP in favor of just targeting enemies. Targeting an enemy from within the CP, trying to take it...yes but ignoring it for 1 whole minute no.
    This costs matches. I would be cool with it if it was a Team Battle (death match) but that's not the primary objective here. Again an A.I. falling back and sniping to defend a CP is cool but an A.I. engaging in battle instead of racing to a CP objective (especially when were down by four CPs) is an error, avoidance of a fight here would be a wiser decision.

Match #2: (Tues Feb 4th)
    (enemy A.I. villains seen Kylo Ren, BB-9E and Cpt Phasma)
    Defeat, the final score was 67% Resistance (my team) and 100% enemy First Order. I did slightly better using Assault class to move fast and Rocket Trooper but it still wasn't enough. I think Takodana needs vehicles...vehicles...vehicles, to help us out big time.

(2.)Jakku map on "Instant Action" (as Resistance):

Match #1 (Tues Feb 4th)
    (enemy A.I. villains seen Kylo Ren)
    Defeat, the final score was 8% Resistance and 100% First Order. We lost really badly. We could not maintain holding three CPs to save our lives. We just got crushed. I'm actually glad BB-9E didn't show up on this map or the route would have been even worse.

Match #2 (Tues Feb 4th)
    (enemy A.I. villains seen Kylo Ren and Cpt Phasma)
    Defeat, the final score was 57% to 100%...I'm getting better, I think, I feel I know now which CPs to take first but it still is a mega challenge. I'm up for it though, I'm no quiter.
    Used: Assault, Heavy, Ovissian Gunner, Caphex Spy and Jet Trooper
    Played the hero BB-8, went up against Kylo Ren and got him down to 1/2 health but he killed me.
    At the end we had the correct announcer this time.

(3.) Ajann Kloss map on "Instant Action" (as Resistance):

Match #1 (Tues Feb 4th)
    Victory, the final score was 100% Resistance and 19% First Order. Very balanced map. It wasn't until I acquired the stolen AT-ST that we really started to dominate the map. The map was designed very nicely. CP locations are great. A lot of fun. However the stolen LUUV the targeting is too stiff (just like the STAP and the BARC Speeder), it needs to be more fluid targeting (but not rubberbandie like launch).

Match #2 (Tues Feb 4th)
    Victory, the final score was 100% Resistance and 34% First Order. Very balanced map. It wasn't until I acquired the stolen AT-ST that we really started to dominate the map.
    Good times. 🤗

Played as The First Order on:

(1.) Takodana map on "Instant Action" (as The First Order):

Match #1 (Wed Feb 5th)
    (enemy A.I. hero seen Finn and Rey)
    Victory, the final score was 100% First Order and 19% Resistance.
    Played as: Assault class, Flame Thrower Trooper and "Eternal Sith"/ Final Order Trooper
    Very fun. 🤗

No real issues to speak of but would have liked the Caphex Spy to use his Air Strike attack a lot more then he did. I saw it 3 times but never over me.

Match #2 (Wed Feb 5th)
    (enemy A.I. hero seen Finn, Rey and BB-8)
    Victory, the final score 100% First Order and 43% Resistance.
    Played as: Assault class, Flame Thrower Trooper, "Eternal Sith"/ Final Order Trooper and Jet Trooper
    Had an absolute blast. 😎👍🏼
    Taking the high ground works really well against BB-8, especially as a First Order Jet Trooper.

No real issues to speak of but would have liked the Caphex Spy to use his Air Strike attack a lot more then they do. I saw it 3 times but never over me.

(2.)Jakku map on "Instant Action" (as The First Order):

Match #1 (Wed Feb 5th))
    (enemy A.I. heroes seen Finn and Rey)
    Victory, the final score 100% First Order and 41% Resistance.
    Played as: Assault class and Jet Trooper
    Hero BB-9E vs Rey...Lasted about 2 seconds did like 2% damage to her. It's definitely a support character not offensive in nature. Great for command post taking, though we had all but one CP at the time.
    The end announcer was correct.

Match #2 (Wed Feb 5th)
    (enemy A.I. heroes seen Finn, Rey and BB-8)
    Victory, the final score 100% First Order and 9% Resistance.
    Played as: Assault class, Jet Trooper and flame thrower trooper
    First time ever the A.I. Caphex Spy finally used his Air Strike attack over my head. I decided to stand there and not roll out of the small circle, to encourage the Learning A.I. to see it works and use it more. Though as I said before, the Caphex Spy should be returned to his former days of glory were the blast circle was bigger.
    Saw BB-8 and I took the high ground as the Jet Trooper and blew it up with grenades.
    The end announcer was correct.

No real major issues.

(3.) Ajann Kloss map on "Instant Action" (as The First Order):

Match #1 (Wed Feb 5th))
    Victory, the final score 100% First Order and 43% Resistance.
    Played as: Assault class, Jet Trooper, flame thrower trooper, LAAT and AT-ST
    Caphex Spy used an Air Strike on me when I was in the LAAT but I moved out of the tiny circle (like most A.I.) and only took minor damage with a rapid heal.

Issue: Though the LAAT would be powerful, the targeting is too stiff as I mentioned before. I wound up getting out to be able to kill my target.

Match #2 (Wed Feb 5th)
    Victory, the final score was 100% First Order to 78% Resistance (hah...they're learning and getting smarter).
    Played as: Assault class, Heavy Class, Jet Trooper, flame thrower trooper, AT-ST
    Hero BB-9E vs Finn and Rey together. Docked Rey 1 notch and Finn 2 notches and died as BB-9E.
    Caphex Spy used an Air Strike on me when I was in the AT-AT (finally) but I moved out of the tiny circle like most A.I. and only took 1/2 damage with a rapid heal. I was very impressed though. However, it is important to point out that his first attempt missed me by 15'. But he got me on the second one. So glad to see the A.I. is learning. Now if only the Destroyer (Droideka) Droid would get more proficient.

Final Analyze
    Main issues:
    (1.) "Instant Action" announcements at end of matches on Clone Wars maps are intermittently the wrong announcer, when playing as the clones or droids.

(2.) At the beginning after the download for the first 6 hours there were zero Destroyer (Droideka) Droids spawning in on Clone Wars maps, when I'm playing as clones or droids. But then a miracle happened...they started appearing. I guess the devs fixed the issue.

However, sometimes when they do spawn in it's only one and they are as rare as Bigfoot. Though as the day progressed I did see two at once. Then eight appearances of a single Destroyer Droid around the map as I traversed. So it did get better. Seriously though please allow us in menus to pick how many friendly and how many enemy A.I. Destroyer (Droideka) we can have in any given match, say.. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or none. Thank you. 🙂

(3.) If an AT-RT jumps down from a cliff to a lower level he winds up walking from then on at a diagonal angle.

(4.) Upon taking max damage and healing with the AT-RT, the warning beep refused to stop even though my AT-RT was healed.

(5.) Caphex Spy needs to return to before his nerf, he was perfect, now his Air Strike is useless because of the mega small target zone circle. I still want him to make use of his Air Strike more though but he's getting there.

(6.) STAP, LUUV and BARK Speeder are too stiff, it needs to be more fluid targeting (but not rubberbandie like it was in the beginning at launch).

(7.) Please devs we need to allow friendly A.I. to be heroes, to balance out the maps. If there are two A.I. heroes on the field and we wont to be one, one random A.I. hero should quit the character to allow us to play or if there is a friendly A.I. playing our favorite hero we can just press Y and kick them from that position. There...here's hoping that's an easy fix to the issue.

(8.) On Takodana vehicles need to be permitted for Resistance to help balance things out. You could say that the pirate Maz Kanata gave us an old relic AT-RT from the Clone Wars or a stolen AT-ST. This way we can traverse the narrow paths. Even a speeder bike would be helpful. This is hugely needed in a big way.

(9.) Friendly A.I. of course prioritizing those CP circles. Especially when we are down by a lot. Though on some maps they do very well it varies.

(10.) A.I. hero Yoda, after defeating you, his emote volume is not being heard.

(11.) Destroyer droids not getting in close to targets, not keeping shields active and sporadic lasers not having a good target lock on.

Final Analyze
    The Positive Things:

(1.) A.I. Villains Bossk, Darth Tyranus (Dooku), Darth Maul, Cpt Phasma, BB-9E
    and Kylo Ren all their abilities and emotes work perfectly.

(2.) A.I. Heroes Chewbacca, Anakin, Obi Wan Kenobi all there abilities and emotes work perfectly. Yoda's abilities work perfectly.

(3.) Love all the maps. 🤗
    a.) Ajann Kloss is amazing. 🙌 Dual high five.
    b.) Thanks for giving us the forest on Takodana. 🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
    c.) So much to see and explore on the downed Star Destroyer on Jakku.

(4.) The new hero BB-8 is fun. The villain BB-9E is a lot of fun too. Thank you. 🙂

(5.) Thanks for the AT-ST on Ajann Kloss for both sides, one stolen, one not. It is lots of fun.👍🏼

(6.) Thanks for access to the Millenium Falcon on Takodana and Ajann Kloss.
    I waited a looooooong time for that but it was worth the wait. 👍🏼👍🏼
    Two thumbs waaaaay up.

(7.) Thanks for making the sewer pipe on Takodana part of the access route to one of the CPs. 🙌 Mega high five.

(8.) Thanks for access to so many cool caves on Ajann Kloss. 🙌 Mega high five.

(9.) Thanks for the A.I. Destroyer Droids. I look forward to them improving and getting better.

P.S. - Having a blast in "Arcade: Team Battle" as BB-8; every but loves it at our home.

Conclusions: Day two into the three new maps and my strategies are getting better. I am settling in and enjoying them more and more. I am so glad I kept on with this game. Well worth the wait. Can't wait to see what comes next.

“There is always hope.”
  • Starmasui73146
    2018 posts Member
    edited February 6

The AI seems even smarter than it was before. I have only played Takodana and Ajan Kloss so far, but I love them both.

That's because it is Learning A.I., it's designed to learn. It has it's own will. Which I guess is why the A.I. struggles obeying humans as their leader.

7bkjv7hojvis.jpg

Which explains a lot actually. Like why the A.I. sometimes ignores when I command them to take or defend a CP. Oddly on some maps they do it. Like for example as The First Order on Takodana the A.I. obeyed my ever request perfectly. It is very odd. They are finicky like a cat.

Is anyone else hearing Terminator music? 🤔

Have any of you noticed how sneaky the A.I. can be? On some maps they intentionally hide in hiding spots to prevent you from capturing a CP. If you see no one and it says the CP is contested I guarantee you that they are pulling off this stunt. I've seen it on Kamino a lot and Ajann Kloss.
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • That probably explains why the droidekas are kinda dumb right now. Maybe over time the AI will learn how to use them better. The AI have definitely impressed me in Instant Action, a lot of times they will outplay me or stay alive longer than I expected. The Hero AI are definitely no joke now compared to when they first released. I still hope we can get an ally hero, it would help counter the enemy side always having a hero because I don't always want to play a Hero every game so it makes your side have a harder time winning when no hero is deployed protecting the command posts.

• The AI seems even smarter than it was before. I have only played Takodana and Ajan Kloss so far, but I love them both.

That's because it is Learning A.I., it's designed to learn. It has it's own will. Which I guess is why the A.I. struggles obeying humans as there leader.

7bkjv7hojvis.jpg

Which explains a lot actually. Like why the A.I. sometimes ignores when I command them to take or defend a CP. Oddly on some maps they do it. Like for example as The First Order on Takodana the A.I. obeyed my ever request perfectly. It is very odd. They are finicky like a cat.

Is anyone else hearing Terminator music? 🤔

Have any of you noticed how sneaky the A.I. can be? On some maps they intentionally hide in hiding spots to prevent you from capturing a CP. If you see no one and it says the CP is contested I guarantee you that they are pulling off this stunt. I've seen it on Kamino a lot and Ajann Kloss.

For me it was Jakku on Co-Op on the third phase, Command Post A I think.

• Mystical wrote: »
    That probably explains why the droidekas are kinda dumb right now. Maybe over time the AI will learn how to use them better. The AI have definitely impressed me in Instant Action, a lot of times they will outplay me or stay alive longer than I expected. The Hero AI are definitely no joke now compared to when they first released. I still hope we can get an ally hero, it would help counter the enemy side always having a hero because I don't always want to play a Hero every game so it makes your side have a harder time winning when no hero is deployed protecting the command posts.

Friendly Hero AI would be great! I still like the idea of having an option just like in IA, in IA it has “Enemy Heroes” and you can select On/Off, it would be the same thing but with “Friendly Heroes”. And I also like the idea if they are playing as, let’s say Finn and I wanted to play Finn then it would despawn that AI Hero and let me play Finn. Again this would have the option of On/Off.

• Remember the time when we were praying Dice to give us a large scale offline mode like Skirmish with troopers and maybe reinforcements? A long time ago!

Now we have the best offline experience ever seen in a game with very large scale maps, friendly and enemy reinforcements, heroes and vehicles for PT and ST.
    Now we only need OT and the circle will be complete!
    COD and BF envy us for what we received with offline!
  • I read once the auto players don't use AI but an algorithm. If that were true they would not enhance their initial behavior unless developers enhance them manually.
  • Remember the time when we were praying Dice to give us a large scale offline mode like Skirmish with troopers and maybe reinforcements? A long time ago!

Now we have the best offline experience ever seen in a game with very large scale maps, friendly and enemy reinforcements, heroes and vehicles for PT and ST.

hah yes. once ot comes it will be phenomenal. just needs the ai vehicles they're working on. all maps possible (looking at starkiller, crait, and space ships.) potentially friendly heroes, and the final icing on the cake SPLITSCREEN.
  • first game of instant action on geonosis and I saw and killed at least 3 droidekas. Wonder if the code is random for them?
  • Only1CookieMan1
    275 posts Member
    edited February 5
    Remember the time when we were praying Dice to give us a large scale offline mode like Skirmish with troopers and maybe reinforcements? A long time ago!

hah yes. once ot comes it will be phenomenal. just needs the ai vehicles they're working on. all maps possible (looking at starkiller, crait, and space ships.) potentially friendly heroes, and the final icing on the cake SPLITSCREEN.

yea more maps is a MUST for IA, and yes I know we will be getting more when OT comes but I also mean Crait, Starkiller, and even the smaller maps like the ones in Co-Op and Blast and such.

The AI Vehicles is also a must but second only to more maps imo. Even if it takes half a year I'll be fine because I really don't want them to be buggy, it would be so weird to see an AT-ST stuck on a tree because the bot doesn't know how to drive.

Then it's Friendly Heroes and this, again, is a must. It would be so much more immersive seeing Both teams have heroes instead of only the enemy.

And Splitscreen is a must. It has to come. I still don't see why Splitscreen can't come because Co-Op has 4 players and it has a lot of bots. And I'd also be fine if it was 2vs13 or something tiny like that, it doesn't have to be 20vs20 with Splitscreen or something (although that'd be awesome). I mean 2015 had Splitscreen with a lot of bots. Right?

• More bot IA numbers for Xboxone X, and PS4 pro if it’s possible
    Battlefront OFFLINE with BOTS

And Splitscreen is a must. It has to come. I still don't see why Splitscreen can't come because Co-Op has 4 players and it has a lot of bots. And I'd also be fine if it was 2vs13 or something tiny like that, it doesn't have to be 20vs20 with Splitscreen or something (although that'd be awesome). I mean 2015 had Splitscreen with a lot of bots. Right?

Co-op can do more with bots, because everything is handled server-side.

Offline Instant Action is handled locally...by your machine. Your console. We've been told it's much weaker hardware. At least, that's the reasoning they've given us. I really would love splitscreen too, but this is the reason they've given so far. Maybe it really isn't do-able, when taken into account with everything else?
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers