criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Instant Action & PvE Feedback

Replies

• Paraphrasing - DICE workers are now working from home due to COVID-19. They said that updates may take longer to crank out. So more patience is needed.

Well it looks like that "Instant Action" and Co-Op" update may have been pushed out further. Dang freakin' virus.

Well at least the devs are hopefully feeling well, God willing. 🙏 That (indeed) is much more important then the game.

AFAIK the update is still on track for the end of the month; sadly that could easily change with everything going on.
  • Starmasui73146
    2000 posts Member
    edited March 20
    Paraphrasing - DICE workers are now working from home due to COVID-19. They said that updates may take longer to crank out. So more patience is needed.

Well it looks like that "Instant Action" and Co-Op" update may have been pushed out further. Dang freakin' virus.

Well at least the devs are hopefully feeling well, God willing. 🙏 That (indeed) is much more important then the game.

AFAIK the update is still on track for the end of the month; sadly that could easily change with everything going on.

Yeah I think your right. I just found these videos. 👍🏼🤗

Good news hopefully the Scarif map will release on March 27th.

We apparently will not be getting the following maps:
    (1.) "Shield Gate" (in space)
    (2.) "Scarif Jungle"
    (3.) "Scarif Beach"

But we likely will get the map "Landing Pad 13" because it has the
    view of the Imperial citadel (as seen in their advertisement) or some kind of variation amalgamation of all three maps:
    Jungle, Beach and Landing Pad 13.
    “There is always hope.”
  • Paraphrasing - DICE workers are now working from home due to COVID-19. They said that updates may take longer to crank out. So more patience is needed.

They did say that while they are working from home, they are aiming for the March update to come out on time. We'll know more in a couple of days. If it is delayed, it would not be long- a week or 2 at most. The future updates for April and May will likely be delayed or take much longer.
  • Oilerfan78 wrote: »
    Paraphrasing - DICE workers are now working from home due to COVID-19. They said that updates may take longer to crank out. So more patience is needed.

They did say that while they are working from home, they are aiming for the March update to come out on time. We'll know more in a couple of days. If it is delayed, it would not be long- a week or 2 at most. The future updates for April and May will likely be delayed or take much longer.

It'll arrive on time. If all goes well, Wednesday, March 25th will be update day.

Wish they would get the Community Transmission out earlier, delay or no delay. I'm tired of them waiting until the last minute to tell us exactly what's going to be in the update.

Galactic Assault, Starfighter Assault, and Heroes Vs. Villains for Instant Action in Battlefront II!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter

It'll arrive on time. If all goes well, Wednesday, March 25th will be update day.

Wish they would get the Community Transmission out earlier, delay or no delay. I'm tired of them waiting until the last minute to tell us exactly what's going to be in the update.

I agree it feels very long winded sometimes but there's a portion of community who would be quick to flip out if they said something was coming even 1-2 weeks before in a CT which then didn't appear for whatever reason. Doing a day before at least allows them to give some more "accuracy" even though things are often added/removed that aren't mentioned (AI FO jet trooper gone comes to mind). Damned if they do damned if they don't I suppose 😅

Hope it comes Monday for a change though; can't wait for the IA news!
  • I'm hoping IA has the same maps for the OT as COOP does. Supremacy/IA could work on Kessel/Jabba's Palace. I'd love for Starkiller Base/Crait to come to IA as well.

We may start to see some of this Missions mode.
  • I can hardly wait. :D I am thinking for Supremacy and IA, we will get: Scariff, Endor, Tattooine, Hoth, maybe Death Star 2. I doubt the other ones though.
  • I can hardly wait. :D I am thinking for Supremacy and IA, we will get: Scariff, Endor, Tattooine, Hoth, maybe Death Star 2. I doubt the other ones though.

I think Mos Eisley, Yavin IV, Hoth, Endor, Death Star II, and Scarif are all but guaranteed. I would be surprised if we got Kessel, Bespin, or Jabba's Palace though... frankly I'm surprised we got any of the smaller maps for Co-op. Did not see that coming, so you never know...

Galactic Assault, Starfighter Assault, and Heroes Vs. Villains for Instant Action in Battlefront II!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter

I think Mos Eisley, Yavin IV, Hoth, Endor, Death Star II, and Scarif are all but guaranteed. I would be surprised if we got Kessel, Bespin, or Jabba's Palace though... frankly I'm surprised we got any of the smaller maps for Co-op. Did not see that coming, so you never know...

We've been thinking about it and we all feel smaller maps should be also brought to "Instant Action". Smaller provides variation from the bigger map feel. It also means more interaction
    with enemies more often. We loooooove the big maps but the small ones can give us some close quarter, bottleneck excitement, variation is the spice of life. 😎👍🏼🤗
    “There is always hope.”
  • I can't wait when Scarif finally does get here. I wonder which one of the 3 maps it will be:

(1.) Landing Pad 13,
    (2.) Scarif Beach
    or
    (3.) Scarif Jungle

Has anyone heard anything?

I believe they said it was Landing Pad 13, but I can't remember when or where I heard that.

We've been thinking about it and we all feel smaller maps should be also brought to "Instant Action". Smaller provides variation from the bigger map feel. It also means more interaction
    with enemies more often. We loooooove the big maps but the small ones can give us some close quarter, bottleneck excitement, variation is the spice of life. 😎👍🏼🤗

Without a doubt. I’ve been banging this drum for a while now. EVERY multiplayer map should be added to instant action. The smaller maps, like Kessel and Naboo Palace Hangar should be added with three (3) command posts instead of 5 to accommodate the size. But they should all be there.
  • Llunots
    420 posts Member
    Shouldn't the skins and emotes be available offline for free?
  • Llunots wrote: »
    Shouldn't the skins and emotes be available offline for free?

Yes, they should. But this is what happens when games are tied to a server.
  • Interesting fact: PS5 will play some PS4 games, but will upscale the graphics and fidelity. It will run through "legacy" modes for PS4 and PS4 pro.

It seems unlikely that when SWBF2 is available to play on PS5, that we will get any improvements other than graphics. It sounds like they would have to recode the game. So for those hoping for more AI in Instant Action, I'm thinking it probably won't happen.
    Interesting fact: PS5 will play some PS4 games, but will upscale the graphics and fidelity. It will run through "legacy" modes for PS4 and PS4 pro.

It seems unlikely that when SWBF2 is available to play on PS5, that we will get any improvements other than graphics. It sounds like they would have to recode the game. So for those hoping for more AI in Instant Action, I'm thinking it probably won't happen.

DICE could release an edition specifically for PS5 though. I mean Bethesda released almost close to 1,000 different editions of Skyrim cause it was such a good game and sold like hot cakes every time they released a new one.

Imagine a PS5 edition that includes not only everything from the Celebration Edition, but all the new skins we're about to receive also unlocked by default with everything upscaled for the PS5.
  • Starmasui73146
    2000 posts Member
    edited March 23
    Oilerfan78 wrote: »
    Interesting fact: PS5 will play some PS4 games, but will upscale the graphics and fidelity. It will run through "legacy" modes for PS4 and PS4 pro.

(1.) Supposedly the X-Box X Series will allow all backwards compatible X-Box One games.

(2.) Why couldn't they? Others have done it.

DICE could release an edition specifically for PS5 though. [ I mean Bethesda released almost close to 1,000 different editions of Skyrim cause it was such a good game and sold like hot cakes every time they released a new one.

Imagine a PS5 edition that includes not only everything from the Celebration Edition, but all the new skins we're about to receive also unlocked by default with everything upscaled for the PS5.

Agreed, also for the X-Box as well.

Very cool indeed.

(1.) Next week is the Scarif update.
    The Community Transmission will be a day or two before.
    So if the update gets released on Wednesday then you'll probably get the CT on Monday or Tuesday.

(2.) Ben Walke of DICE debunks rumors.
    Rumor #1 The next update will be the last one.
    Rumor #2 They'll be another Clone Wars update in April.
    "There are a lot of comments like this circulating. To confirm we have not confirmed anything outside of Scarif and that update," said Community Manager Walke.

(3.) Scarif Confirmed for "Instant Action" in next Update. 😎👍🏼🤗

“There is always hope.”
  • Llunots
    420 posts Member
    We need all skins and emotes unlocked for offline play.
  • dominicdaniels8
    30 posts Member
    edited March 23
    Bad news: the update has been delayed to mid-April. :'(

Good news: OT maps will be coming to Instant Action, as well as a "new way to play offline," as well as new maps for Co-Op.

Details here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/157388/quick-update-on-the-battle-on-scarif
  • give us some coop crait and bespin. and that offline coop
  • For Coop, we will likely get the 2 ship maps from the ST, Scarif

Hopefully, we'll get Crait/Bespin, as well
  • Guess I will wait for the best content to come offline for a few more weeks now. Its understandable but I was really hoping it would still come in March.
  • Three more weeks to go. Just glad the developers are safe.
  • Llunots
    420 posts Member

Good news: OT maps will be coming to Instant Action, as well as a "new way to play offline," as well as new maps for Co-Op.

Details here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/157388/quick-update-on-the-battle-on-scarif

Understandable delay with whats going on. I hope the "new way to play offline" includes split screen and hero AI. Stay safe.

I think it refers to the new offline COOP. It is called Missions Defend/Attack and it has been leaked. Also a known modder called Uninspired Zebra made a Heroes Vs Villains offline.

Understandable delay with whats going on. I hope the "new way to play offline" includes split screen and hero AI. Stay safe.

I think it refers to the new offline COOP. It is called Missions Defend/Attack and it has been leaked. Also a known modder called Uninspired Zebra made a Heroes Vs Villains offline.

I hope they add Crait, the 2 ST ships, Scarif and Bespin to the offline mission mode. Also, I hope the coop friendly AI in this mode is up to par. I've noticed a change in the AI since the last update. Not that they are smarter, but they "gather " now. Whether it's at a command post or swarm you in a group, coop has become a lot more challenging lately.
  • Starmasui73146
    2000 posts Member
    edited March 25
    Three more weeks to go. Just glad the developers are safe.

Yes, here here.
    I've noticed a change in the AI since the last update. Not that they are smarter, but they "gather " now. Whether it's at a command post or swarm you in a group, coop has become a lot more challenging lately.
    Yes some dude said it was to easy. You know what they say, "Careful what you wish for...you just might get it," lol.

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/157388/quick-update-on-the-battle-on-scarif

Yeah best I can tell from the comments DICE made it seems this is what's up.

Mid-April we finally get to play Original Trilogy maps in "Instant Action" and we likely also get that new mode "Missions/ Attack Defend", which is sort of similar to Co-Op but Offline. 👍🏼🤗 Here's what they said,

"We have some updates for Instant Action, including the addition of the Age of Rebellion as well as a new way to play offline."

And apparently new skins for a hero and a villain.

''-we can confirm that there will be some new hero and villain appearances arriving as well. What fun!"

Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • DICE aren't letting up! The offline content is coming thick and fast and I couldn't be happier. It's mad to think how far we've come from the tough times last year, very soon pretty much every area in the game will be available offline. It's a massive dream come true and I'll never be able to thank DICE enough for this!

This is most certainly true and extremely understated. 🤗😎👍🏼
    “There is always hope.”
  • 20b2iigv31p4.jpg

Don't get your hopes up for new Heroes.

They're not really needed anyway.
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

Instant Action confirmed!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^

• xjqc2322kce6.jpg
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

Instant Action confirmed!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^

• Starmasui73146
    2000 posts Member
    edited March 30
    20b2iigv31p4.jpg

xjqc2322kce6.jpg
    Bummer...oh well we really wanted old Director Krennic and Jyn Erso back.

I guy can still hope.

Director Krennic 🤔🤗

ljoghk9uwy4b.png

ww9v1f32zb2n.png

Jyn Erso🤔🤗
    aumsjf3xaxfx.jpeg

I wonder what the skins will be? I find it odd that we get Scarif but not the actual heroes from it. That's kind weird. But I'll still enjoy the map.

Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
    Llunots wrote: »

I hope they add Crait, the 2 ST ships, Scarif and Bespin to the offline mission mode. Also, I hope the coop friendly AI in this mode is up to par. I've noticed a change in the AI since the last update. Not that they are smarter, but they "gather " now. Whether it's at a command post or swarm you in a group, coop has become a lot more challenging lately.

When I tried the WIP mod they were certainly up to par as they went for objectives and there were friendly reinforcements and heroes 👍🏼
  • Sop_Plyn wrote: »

When I tried the WIP mod they were certainly up to par as they went for objectives and there were friendly reinforcements and heroes 👍🏼

I'm glad, that is reassuring. Did you notice any options you can tweak in the menus such as AI count, reinforcement count, vehicles/Hero AI? I'd love for us to get time of day added, too.

One of the reasons I like Instant Action so much, and the idea of the offline missions mode by extension, is because I'd love to be able to relax, sit back, queue up the map I want (Instead of having a playlist) and enjoy the gameplay.

Imagine getting to play Crait in coop , a map I rarely get in Galactic Assault, and play it the way I want to.
  • crait is the perfect coop map too. its a natural attack and defend situation, a little seige.
  • crait is the perfect coop map too. its a natural attack and defend situation, a little seige.

Yes, it is. It makes we wonder why they have not brought it over yet for coop. Obviously, they would have to remove the AT-M6's, but they could always try for underground/trench Command Posts.

Hopefully, that has split screen. I think it could.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
    Sop_Plyn wrote: »

I'm glad, that is reassuring. Did you notice any options you can tweak in the menus such as AI count, reinforcement count, vehicles/Hero AI? I'd love for us to get time of day added, too.

One of the reasons I like Instant Action so much, and the idea of the offline missions mode by extension, is because I'd love to be able to relax, sit back, queue up the map I want (Instead of having a playlist) and enjoy the gameplay.

Imagine getting to play Crait in coop , a map I rarely get in Galactic Assault, and play it the way I want to.

Just did some gameplay to take some printscreens/re-examine (ansel wasn't working for in-depth counting or look, sorry for bad quality).

t0b0ozux5uxo.png

This is what it looks like at menu. All the IA modifiers are present and adjustable however setting them makes no difference to bot count. Even when set to 10v10 it was 32v32 with 2 AI heroes each side and I don't know how many reinforcements, about 6-8+? My PC has old graphics card (I only got BF on PC to test the mod) so my fan was on fire xD

This is of course a version of their WIP so I would imagine that on release the bot count/type could be set and further modifiers added for the mode such as severity of AI swarms/spawns and hopefully as you say time of day. Also respawn timer was still 8 seconds which should be 0 for offline, and there should be option for all of IA to turn off melee or its rate.

Regardless of any reduced bot count we may see for consoles, I think this is going to be an awesome addition. Friendly bots on SKB defended the 2 CPs at phase 2 with me standing around doing nothing and with Rey/BB-8 both attacking :D I also agree with the rest of what you say, especially Crait!

Just some pics:

441ehpt3gds1.png

3d7smaln1ucg.png

8slbpmax48sh.png

52tdk7qh0ylx.png

• Sop_Plyn wrote: »

Just did some gameplay to take some printscreens/re-examine (ansel wasn't working for in-depth counting or look, sorry for bad quality).

t0b0ozux5uxo.png

This is what it looks like at menu. All the IA modifiers are present and adjustable however setting them makes no difference to bot count. Even when set to 10v10 it was 32v32 with 2 AI heroes each side and I don't know how many reinforcements, about 6-8+? My PC has old graphics card (I only got BF on PC to test the mod) so my fan was on fire xD

This is of course a version of their WIP so I would imagine that on release the bot count/type could be set and further modifiers added for the mode such as severity of AI swarms/spawns and hopefully as you say time of day. Also respawn timer was still 8 seconds which should be 0 for offline, and there should be option for all of IA to turn off melee or its rate.

Regardless of any reduced bot count we may see for consoles, I think this is going to be an awesome addition. Friendly bots on SKB defended the 2 CPs at phase 2 with me standing around doing nothing and with Rey/BB-8 both attacking :D I also agree with the rest of what you say, especially Crait!

Just some pics:

441ehpt3gds1.png

3d7smaln1ucg.png

8slbpmax48sh.png

52tdk7qh0ylx.png

Thanks,

That's so awesome to see. I'd imagine some things have been reworked and added since then. Really looking forward to the next update now.
  • Starmasui73146
    2000 posts Member
    edited March 26
    t0b0ozux5uxo.png

Soooo what does the name of the mode say at the top?
    “There is always hope.”
  • Sop_Plyn
    38 posts Member
    edited March 26
    t0b0ozux5uxo.png

Mission Defend, the other being Mission Attack (and supremacy third).

I was expecting to see just one extra mode option "Offline coop" where player would select map and then faction for attack/defend but instead it's split and faction automatically set depending on mode selected.
  • That's cool. So if you play "attack" you would be automatically be (Rebels, Republic, Resistance) on Geonosis, Jabba's Palace Starkiller Base, Death Star 2, Endor, , Felucia, etc. or CIS/Empire/First order on Tatooine, Kamino, Kasykk, Takodana, Jakku, etc.

So basically, if you are playing attack or defend, the map would make the faction choice for you. For instance, if you chose Tatooine under defend, you would automatically be the rebels. That's my understanding

Unless, they had you pick the planet, whether you attack or defend, and then the era faction.

Either way, I'm pumped for it. Finally, we can enjoy a "Galactic Assault" lite type of objective based gamemode on all of the large scale maps.
  • Starmasui73146
    2000 posts Member
    edited March 26
    t0b0ozux5uxo.png

Mission Defend, the other being Mission Attack (and supremacy third).

I was expecting to see just one extra mode option "Offline coop" where player would select map and then faction for attack/defend but instead it's split and faction automatically set depending on mode selected.

Oh okay, thanks. 🤔🧐
    That's cool. So if you play "attack" you would be automatically be (Rebels, Republic, Resistance) on Geonosis, Jabba's Palace Starkiller Base, Death Star 2, Endor, , Felucia, etc. or CIS/Empire/First order on Tatooine, Kamino, Kasykk, Takodana, Jakku, etc.

So basically, if you are playing attack or defend, the map would make the faction choice for you. For instance, if you chose Tatooine under defend, you would automatically be the rebels. That's my understanding

Unless, they had you pick the planet, whether you attack or defend, and then the era faction.

Either way, I'm pumped for it. Finally, we can enjoy a "Galactic Assault" lite type of objective based gamemode on all of the large scale maps.

Ah I get it now, cool...that sounds wild. 🤗😎👍🏼
    GO devs. Hip hip hooray.
    “There is always hope.”
  • Llunots
    420 posts Member

t0b0ozux5uxo.png

Just some pics:

441ehpt3gds1.png

3d7smaln1ucg.png

8slbpmax48sh.png

52tdk7qh0ylx.png

Does supremacy have the ship phase? Or it is on the mission attack defend?
  • Hi!
    Missions-mode sounds great! Also looking forward to seeing Scarif and eventually Crait for IA.

For IA we still NEED:
    1) Customisation ption to use Cross Era Heroes on IA-maps like in Arcade. If it's too much work for AI, AI could still use Era-locked heroes. This is IMPORTANT 'cause it adds much more variety to maps and hero encounters

2) Starfighter Assault for offline

3) Arcade-mode random bug-fixes in Team Battle & in Starfighter modes. And adding small maps of Felucia, Ajan Kloss, Scarif etc.

4) Starfighters for IA-mode (at least for Hoth & Naboo)
    That's cool. So if you play "attack" you would be automatically be (Rebels, Republic, Resistance) on Geonosis, Jabba's Palace Starkiller Base, Death Star 2, Endor, , Felucia, etc. or CIS/Empire/First order on Tatooine, Kamino, Kasykk, Takodana, Jakku, etc.

So basically, if you are playing attack or defend, the map would make the faction choice for you. For instance, if you chose Tatooine under defend, you would automatically be the rebels

Yes that's exactly right, at least that's how it's working in the mod/WIP. It'd be great to be able switch factions around on the maps.

t0b0ozux5uxo.png

Just some pics:

441ehpt3gds1.png

3d7smaln1ucg.png

8slbpmax48sh.png

52tdk7qh0ylx.png

Does supremacy have the ship phase? Or it is on the mission attack defend?

Ship phase isn't in IA supremacy sadly however the two Republic ships are available to play as mission attack and mission defend in the mod and with ST ships coming to coop next update we should be getting those as well (so all 4 ships for offline coop).
  • Don't forget we will receive Resistance and FO ship interiors with this update.
    Instant Action - Thank you Dice!